Bleach Hereafter RPG

Fools in Love(?)[Hyakuji] [and anyone else I guess]

PLAYER

I have nothing to say.

Hageshi Rekka Avatar

Hageshi Rekka

Post by Hageshi Rekka on Apr 1, 2022 7:06:50 GMT -5

You can tell this is gonna be a comedy

Saturdays were meaningless in Soul Society. Shinigami stamina was superior to that of a standard salaryman, plus the shift system made sure that spirit slaying was done efficiently.

On top of that, today was a Friday.

So why was Hageshi Rekka, one of the up-and-coming young Soul Reapers, not on duty, but rather at his clan residence somewhere in Seireitei? And sitting on the floor in traditional Japanese fashion to boot?

Standing before him was a tall, voluptuous woman with scarlet hair and eyes, wearing a black bodysuit and red cape. The woman spoke.

"Rekka, you didn't think your mother would call you over just to chat, did you? Today, we are arranging your marriage!"

"Mother?!?" Rekka's face turned into a bizarre shocked comic expression and lost most of its detail. "M-me?? M-married??"

"Why yes," replied Rekka's mother. "Despite being a slacker, you're now the most powerful Hageshi to have ever lived, and the first to achieve Bankai. This means you're now the next clan head, and it's your duty to produce our next generation with your noble Hageshi seed!"

One could almost hear the sound of breaking glass as poor Rekka nearly fainted from shock. However, Hageshi Homura (Rekka's mother) continued.

"The Kanemi clan is also marrying off one of their heirs, and so we've agreed that the two of you will look for partners together. Your older sister and cousin are already on their way to pick him up."
Last Edit: Apr 1, 2022 7:44:16 GMT -5 by Muimina Hyakuji

GAME MASTER

13th Division Captain

Partake the cup of my wrath

Muimina Hyakuji Avatar

Muimina Hyakuji

Post by Muimina Hyakuji on Apr 1, 2022 10:45:13 GMT -5

無意味な 百事
護廷十三隊 - 1st DIVISION

𝖳𝖠𝖦𝖲:

It was supposed to be a busy day today, but the Vice-Captain’s mind was preoccupied with planning for the surprise for his girlfriend’s graduation. His smile was a bit playful, fixing his eyes on what appears to be a ring placed in a black box held in his hands. There were still towers of documents on either side of his table; paperworks didn’t seem to mellow down despite his prompt actions. Nevertheless, while it was unusual for him to space out during work hours, the excitement this time couldn’t just really be contained.

A knock on the door was heard, and he immediately closed the lid and hid it under several sheets of paper inside the drawer. No one in his division except his most loyal subjects knew of his relationship with the fullbringer; and he planned to keep it that way. Until it was no longer taboo for shinigami to pursue relationships outside their own.

“Come in.”

The messenger did not hesitate once advised to enter his office. He handed out the letter while keeping his face lowered in a respectful bow, taking a few steps backward still facing the Vice-Captain right after the long-maned received the message. Hyakuji remained seated as he reached back, immediately reading the contents.

Hyakuji frowned. Every word in that letter didn’t make any sense. For the record, he was not a legitimate heir to the Kanemi, so why? Even so, there was a form of doubt to refuse the offer. Since he was indebted to their kindness, it felt rather more difficult to not succumb to their wish. Well, if it were just a talk abot a potential marriage... perhaps he could at least consider it.

Before he could respond with a reply letter, a pair of loud shinigami stormed inside, the guy in particular kicking the door while they approached aggressively. each grabbing his arms, dragging him out of the room.

“Wai— wha– What is the meaning of this?”

“Hehehehe. Please, Fukutaichou-san. You do not want to cause a commotion, do you now? So just come with us peacefully,” the red haired shinigami warned.

“Yeah. This is related to my sibling! And uh… perhaps that message you just received! Hihihi!” the little girl butted in.

Related to her sibling? The message he just received? So, are they the people from the side of the girl? And like... he was being "kidnapped" instantly? It was a surprise that his would-be fiancee's family were rather crass and while he could easily take down the two with… probably just his reiatsu, he nerely sighed as he obliged to the request; choosing to come with them in peace. Besides, a talk over an arranged marriage is not worthy of people getting hurt. Apart from the potential spread of rumor of him beating two shinigami out of it.

Hageshi Residence

"Huh?"

"Rekka-kun?!?"

[485]

Shadows still hunt us in broad daylight.

PLAYER

I have nothing to say.

Hageshi Rekka Avatar

Hageshi Rekka

Post by Hageshi Rekka on Apr 1, 2022 13:31:52 GMT -5

The door burst open, snapping the barely-conscious Rekka back to his senses. However, he was far too dazed to notice the familiar Reiatsu signature sandwiched between that of his relatives.

"YO! Auntie! Rekka! We got the Kanemi heir!" The boisterous voice that sounded like a male delinquent belonged to Hageshi Natsu, Rekka's cousin. Following behind him was Hageshi Asahi, Rekka's older sister, who despite having been married off some decades prior still kept her family name. And reluctantly being dragged by the two was...

"Huh?"

"Rekka-kun?!?"

"Senpai?!?" Rekka said in a very small, puzzled voice.

"The Vice-Captain?!?" Homura said, equally as shocked.

The room proceeded to devolve into utter chaos.

"WAIT WHAT DO YOU MEAN I'M GONNA MARRY SENPAI WOULDN'T THAT BE COUNTERINTUITIVE TO PRODUCING HEIRS AND WHAT'S MORE IT'S SENPAI AT THAT--"

"NO YOU IDIOT YOU'RE NOT MARRYING THE VICE CAPTAIN BOTH OF YOU'S JUST GONNA FIND BABES TOGETHER AMIRITE AUNTIE--"

"ENOUGH!"

Homura slammed her nodachi Zanpakuto against the floor, causing her family to shut up.

"Rekka, while I'm glad you're already acquainted with the Vice-Captain, no, you won't be marrying him. As I said, both of you will simply be looking for potential partners together. Natsu, Asahi, while I don't entirely approve of your shenanigans it can't be helped. So, let's go over this again."

"As far as we can tell, the Hageshi clan's Zanpakuto have always been fire-types or something related. For example, the Zanpakuto of our ancestor Takachiho, from what records we gathered, had something related to a dragon and its fiery breath. Asahi's Zanpakuto can transform into a flaming bird, and the chainsaw blade of Natsu's Shikai is made of flint and can create sparks. And of course, you already know Rekka's Enmado. So, to summarize, Rekka's potential partner must have, in addition to good social status, compatibility with his own power, such that the next Hageshi heirs also have fire-type Zanpakuto."

"His wife ought to be able to stand his laziness and obsession with cartoons--" snickered Asahi.

"ANIME AREN'T JUST CARTOONS, ANE-SAN!"

"Shush."

"As for you, Vice-Captain, the Kanemi want one thing and one thing only: They wish to regain their former status. Therefore, they are attempting to set you up with as powerful a partner as possible. Having said that, the meetings should start shortly. I'll give the both of you time to prepare."
Last Edit: Apr 11, 2022 21:27:19 GMT -5 by Hageshi Rekka

GAME MASTER

13th Division Captain

Muimina Hyakuji Avatar

Muimina Hyakuji

Post by Muimina Hyakuji on Apr 5, 2022 11:10:46 GMT -5

無意味な 百事
護廷十三隊 - 1st DIVISION

𝖳𝖠𝖦𝖲:

“Ch-chotto m-matte…”

A sense of dread was evident on his face as he watched his surroundings become chaotic if only for a moment, before he finally realised that it really was not the case. And the thought finally sunk in when Homura explained the situation.

While he had visited the Kanemi mansion once in a while, he never thought nor had been informed of such a plan. And since his appointment as Vice Captain, his communication with his mentor’s family only had grown less frequent. Thus, him being arranged into marriage came off as a surprise. How Homura knew about it… well, perhaps the old woman had her way of knowing things…

“Uh.. is that so, H-Homura-san? I’ve rarely visited the mansion these past few months and I admit, this is quite sudden. Did they tell you anything more about it? I did not know you or any of the Hageshi are close to my adoptive family. Perhaps I was that ignorant and selfish then.”

“Ah.. I apologise for my rudeness…” the Vice-Captain immediately bowed in respect, having forgotten his manners due to the sudden talk about marriage.

“To be honest, I do not know where to start. I don’t have any experience in these kinds of things. B-besides…” there was a tint blush on his face, remembering his soon-to-be fiancee. Although, he was getting more worried about her. It had already been weeks without communication and the work in the First Division had been eating most of his time. There was no longer room for visit in Hawaii even just a glance and Altair also stopped his reports to him for some reason. Their attempt to spend time on phone was only left to missed calls and miscommunication due to time differences. Regardless, he was still hopeful.

His daydreaming came to a halt when he realised he was spacing out for quite some time, “Ah! I mean… I am not sure if I’m ready for such thing. You see… I am busy with work, and I am hopeful to get promoted to Captainship soon..” the Vice-Captain immediately said in defense.

[355]

PLAYER

I have nothing to say.

Hageshi Rekka Avatar

Hageshi Rekka

Post by Hageshi Rekka on Apr 8, 2022 3:36:21 GMT -5

“Uh.. is that so, H-Homura-san? I’ve rarely visited the mansion these past few months and I admit, this is quite sudden. Did they tell you anything more about it? I did not know you or any of the Hageshi are close to my adoptive family. Perhaps I was that ignorant and selfish then.”

"Oh, we're not that close either. While they're not sworn rivals like the Raita Clan, who aren't even all lightning-types, the Kanemi Clan simply happened to have the same goals as us at the moment," Homura replied. "And no need to beat yourself up, Vice-Captain."

"Gahahahahaha! You've been really good to Rekka here!" laughed Natsu. "I heard he fixed up real good after ya beat his ass!"

Asahi then came in with tea and biscuits that she had made herself earlier, taking the chance to stuff one into Rekka's mouth, which caused him to nearly choke. He soon recovered, however, in time to hear Hyakuji's next words.

“To be honest, I do not know where to start. I don’t have any experience in these kinds of things. B-besides…”

"Come to think of it, Senpai. Me neither. I have zero hecking clue what getting married is supposed to be like. I never had to worry about it until like, right now." Rekka's eyes were downcast, his tone defeated.

"In the Living World, and here as well, many people marry for this thing called love. Sure, I love my family and my friends, but I've never experienced being in love. Ever. I have no idea what I'm supposed to do, starting a family and all that. Is it really as easy as [the remainder of this sentence has been censored]?

"I mean you still have to raise your kids to be powerful Shinigami after you have them..." Asahi said, already quite concerned. "Besides, you're not marrying for love. You're marrying for power, like I did. It's not a bad life at all."

"So you're just breeding me like a Pokemon for stats, then?!"

"I mean more grandchildren would be nice, yeah?" Homura said. The two Hageshi relatives simply whistled.
Last Edit: Apr 11, 2022 21:27:50 GMT -5 by Hageshi Rekka

GAME MASTER

13th Division Captain

Muimina Hyakuji Avatar

Muimina Hyakuji

Post by Muimina Hyakuji on Apr 11, 2022 11:08:43 GMT -5

無意味な 百事
護廷十三隊 - 1st DIVISION

𝖳𝖠𝖦𝖲:

Marrying for power. The statement struck the Vice-Captain, narrowing his eyes with an obvious uncertainty. After all, it had never occurred to him to use marriage to gain power. Heck, he had no intention of rising to power if not for his beloved. She was the reason why he was doing all these things. To create a perfect and peaceful world— where anyone can be free for who they were. Aside from atoning for his sins, it was the first thing that moved him to take that little step… to become a responsible shinigami.

Then again, these people could not know his relationship with the human. It was a secret, only a few trusted people knew. If it were up to him, he would want to proudly tell everyone, yet he was constrained by the laws that vaguely forbids anyone to be with someone other than a fellow soul. Perhaps, for a noble like him, even being romantically involved with an ordinary citizen would get frowned upon.

“I am really quite unsure about this, Homura-san,” the Vice-Captain admitted in embarrassment. Perhaps it would be the first time his kouhai had seen such indecisiveness, and he’d probably remember what he was meaning to tell him and Ran before he went crazy with his multiverse shenanigans.

"I only agreed to come in order to talk things out, but as it turns out... I just truly can’t see myself marrying for power. If I am to marry someone, I want love to be the main reason. I am marrying someone because I want to spend the rest of my life with her. Nothing else.”

It might sound cheesy. But it was the truth, and Hyakuji just felt compelled to be honest about it.

[292]
Last Edit: Apr 11, 2022 11:09:59 GMT -5 by Muimina Hyakuji

PLAYER

I have nothing to say.

Hageshi Rekka Avatar

Hageshi Rekka

Post by Hageshi Rekka on Apr 11, 2022 21:26:21 GMT -5

Rekka's eyes met his mother's. Homura's eyes met her son's. And those eyes narrowed, not in uncertainty like Hyakuji's, but in suspicion and understanding.

"Called it." Both of them would say, their voices having dropped a full octave.

"Hey, called what?" Natsu would ask, clearly puzzled. Question marks floated around his head in the same way other Hageshi seemed to be able to produce comical visual effects.

Ah, as you can see!" Homura and Rekka continued to speak in unison, their combined wackiness creating a colorful cartoony background similar to certain  portions of anime. "Judging by his reactions, the Vice-Captain is very clearly already taken! The Kanemi did not know of this due to the prolonged lack of contact, or simply he has been hiding it this whole time for some reasons of his own."

"Ohhhh..." said Natsu.

"I don't think we'll need to worry about the Vice-Captain's lover for quite some time, Mother," Asahi's voice, formerly high-pitched and childish, had also dropped an octave, and was now quite sly. An ominous orchestral rumbling had picked up when she started talking. "Muimina Hyakuji is the most fabled ladies' magnet in all of Soul Society. Many a Shinigami woman worth her Reishi, and more who aren't, dreams of marrying him, and if not, even just bedding him for one night. Even Rekka only escapes their envy by being the Vice-Captain's protégé. And yet, when our two clans announced that we'd be marrying off both our heirs, his own lover never even spoke up."

"And why is that, Asahi?" Homura asked, the cartoon background burning away as her voice dropped pitch again. But it was Rekka who answered, in the same low voice.

"Because Senpai's lover isn't here... is that right? It makes sense now. Your reaction when I spoke to you in my office... Your goals after achieving power... That trump card you told me about is actually in her possession, and you've been keeping this a secret to protect both it and her. Well don't you worry. Your secret is safe with us."

What the hell are y'all talking about??" Natsu asked again. "I can't keep a secret if I don't freaking understand it!"

"The Vice-Captain's lover..." Asahi started.

"Is a denizen of another realm." Homura and Rekka finished.

Homura stared at Hyakuji, and winked slowly. "Due to that, but will definitely be passed off as some other circumstances, Vice-Captain Muimina Hyakuji will be dropping from the marriage meetings to be sponsoring his apprentice Hageshi Rekka instead. Is that fine with all of you?"
Last Edit: Apr 11, 2022 22:36:37 GMT -5 by Hageshi Rekka

GAME MASTER

13th Division Captain

Muimina Hyakuji Avatar

Muimina Hyakuji

Post by Muimina Hyakuji on Apr 17, 2022 20:25:33 GMT -5

無意味な 百事
護廷十三隊 - 1st DIVISION

𝖳𝖠𝖦𝖲:

Hyakuji spent a bit more time thinking through all these things, trying to make sense of the Kanemi’s desire to go back into power. But what for? Most of his days back in the mansion were spent only with his mentor, Yuna. He even barely knew Asuka on a deeper level except for her love for books. He also knew their parents were strict, and were quite hard on Asuka but that was all… he had no real or heartfelt conversations with them, much like his relationship with his family before so he was used to this kind of environment. He was aware of their struggle, yet he back then, he was young and naive to care. He was still mourning for his loss after all, and the only thing that mattered then was how to protect those he loved and cared about.

Suddenly, he was brought to reality when Rekka and Homura spoke up, and for a moment was confused until the Hageshi talked about his lover.

Hyakuji blushed. He didn’t know these people were keen enough to notice, he was still keeping it from the ninth division Third Seat after all, and while he intended to tell him eventually, he didn’t think it would be in this kind of setting.

“Ah..well..” the Vice-Captain blurted out in hesitation; he was ready to lie and deny it to protect Yukari, however, their assurance of keeping this secret made him more relieved thus mustered the confidence to admit the status of his relationship with the fullbringer.

He then immediately turned into dogeza, bowing down to Homura and the rest of the clan, “Doumo arigatou gozaimasu. My girlfriend and I would be forever thankful to your clan regarding this matter. I truly appreciate your support.”

“Of course, I would be glad to sponsor my kouhai’s matrimony. Though I admit, I would need your help talking things out with the Kanemi. I doubt they approve of my current relationship but I don’t want Yukari to get into trouble with the shinigami further,” a sigh escaped his lips, “ I… didn’t think it would be this hard. I admit, I overlooked my adoptive clan’s goals… and now here I am trapped in familial politics.”

The struggle for power in the realm of Souls was larger than he imagined, and without support from his girlfriend… their lack of communication and intimacy were starting to cloud his judgment.

A loud slap interrupted the brief silence in the room.

“I’m sorry. It has been quite a habit whenever I think of the worst case scenario. At least, whenever my girlfriend is involved. We were a bit busy lately, and it looks like we’re growing apart but I don’t want to give up on her. So I kinda developed this habit of slapping my face to remind me that I am just overthinking things.”

“But anyway, enough of me. I can at least help out with the preparations. What do you say, Homura-san?”

[505]
Last Edit: Apr 17, 2022 20:26:00 GMT -5 by Muimina Hyakuji

PLAYER

I have nothing to say.

Hageshi Rekka Avatar

Hageshi Rekka

Post by Hageshi Rekka on Apr 18, 2022 3:28:34 GMT -5

"It's no issue on our part, Vice-Captain," Homura replied to Hyakuji's gratitude. "Especially for someone who reminds me of Kojiro-san so much. I wouldn't be surprised if you were his reincarnation as well."

"Kojiro...san?" Rekka asked.

"He was the man Takechi, one of the previous clan heads, worked under during the Quincy War. I was but a child then, and they had quite the impression on me."

Their reminiscing was interrupted by Hyakuji slapping himself and explaining that he had been overthinking as usual. For the Hageshi, it was a welcome change from their habit of thinking too little at times. Or maybe not so much thinking too little as thinking in bizarre ways most of the time.

"Say, if you hit yourself and it hurts, are you weak or strong?" asked Natsu.

"But what about if you hit yourself and it doesn't hurt?" Asahi followed up.

"I'll hit you both and it will hurt." said Homura, causing the two to shut up. "In any case, let's prepare for the meetings. Thank you for volunteering to help, Hyakuji-san."

"Natsu, you're on food and drinks as usual (which was followed by a fist pump from Natsu). Asahi, you're in charge of making sure your brother is presentable. And Hyakuji-san, you're going to be the nakodo (matchmaker, go-between) for the interviews."

The younger Hageshi would leave to make preparations while Homura remained with Hyakuji.

"Are you ready?"

GAME MASTER

13th Division Captain

Muimina Hyakuji Avatar

Muimina Hyakuji

Post by Muimina Hyakuji on May 5, 2022 18:06:30 GMT -5

無意味な 百事
護廷十三隊 - 1st DIVISION

𝖳𝖠𝖦𝖲:

“I am truly grateful, Homura-san. But please, I ask you to refrain from comparing me with that guy again. I have different ideals from Kojiro. I do not live by his principles, nor believe that his way was just. What he did, along with the other visored, was a grim reminder of our failure protecting the humans. I do not, in any way, want to be associated with that name again.”

The Vice-Captain bowed in respect again. Truth be told, his old self was half the reason why he was seeking peace in all of the realms; partly, and in the beginning, it was out of his desire to give his love a better and safer place to live in. After regaining his memories of the dark past, he was subtly anxious and preoccupied on the things related to his old self. Constantly running away, and eagerly defending himself from any association with Kojiro.

Now that the matter was settled about his decline to marry, the main concern now was to be a matchmaker for the young Hageshi. It would be a novel experience for him as he did not have any real experience courting women. The confession to Yukari was sudden, and it was through her initiative that he was able to make sense of what he was feeling back then.

“I.. will do my best, Homura-san.” The Vice-Captain slowly rose from seiza, awaiting further instructions.

[237]

PLAYER

I have nothing to say.

Hageshi Rekka Avatar

Hageshi Rekka

Post by Hageshi Rekka on May 12, 2022 4:31:59 GMT -5

Homura seemed to be slightly taken aback when Hyakuji asked her to avoid comparing him with Kojiro, especially that she wasn't aware of him being his reincarnation.

"Ah, my apologies for that, Vice-Captain," she said, her eyes downcast for the first time since the meeting began. "I didn't know you had already heard of him. Very few people seem to nowadays after six hundred years."

To Homura, the Visored were but a rumor circulating around Seireitei; legendary Shinigami granted Hollow powers. If Kojiro was one of them, their ancestor Takechi had never let on even until his death during the war. As far as she knew, Hyakuji only arrived in Soul Society some 20 years ago. Maybe the rumor had gotten to him too? Never mind that now. She still had to find Rekka a wife.

Led by Asahi, Rekka re-entered the room. He was now wearing a reddish brown embroidered yukata and a crimson scarf, and his hair had been cut and styled into a neater ponytail than was the norm for him.

"I think I switched faceclaims," he complained, tugging at his scarf.

"You look good. Promise!" Asahi said.

"There is a meeting hall not too far from here, Vice-Captain." Homura replied to him. "A room has already been reserved for us, and Natsu has gone on ahead with the refreshments. We are to meet there shortly."

GAME MASTER

13th Division Captain

Muimina Hyakuji Avatar

Muimina Hyakuji

Post by Muimina Hyakuji on May 19, 2022 9:13:22 GMT -5

無意味な 百事
護廷十三隊 - 1st DIVISION

𝖳𝖠𝖦𝖲:

Homura’s startled expression was obvious even if it was just for a moment. It made Hyakuji feel sorry for the short burst of disdain over his past self, in which the respectable had no clue about.

“Ah.. please, don’t be. I do apologise for the sudden outburst. The person of Kojiro-san… I just wanted to do away with him completely…” he muttered, “ah– but it is not something to talk about on this glorious occasion. We should be celebrating,” the Vice-Captain continued with an awkward chuckle.

Even with his keen ability, he almost missed Rekka and the others vanishing from the room as they made their preparations, with the Ninth Division led by his cousin to change to a more formal wardrobe fit for the occasion.

The two re-entered the room with Rekka dressed in an elegant yukata embroidered with sophisticated patterns and a scarf; his hair was trimmed down as well, giving him a cleaner look fit for a matchmaking interview.

The Vice-Captain, while in awe of his kouhai’s get-up, merely nodded in satisfaction as a response, though, one who knew him well would sense he was a bit teasing as well.

“Well, you wouldn’t want me to show up in a funeral dress now, would you? I’ll head to the hall after I change. If you’ll excuse me,” Hyakuji got up, his tone was still in a light mannered joke as he tapped his kouhai’s shoulder, meeting his gaze briefly with a wink.

After quite some time, Hyakuji followed after wearing bright colours instead of the traditional grieving uniform, it was not the matchmaker wardrobe per se, but it was more appropriate than the Shihakusho they usually wear at work.

He sat next to the young Hageshi while waiting for the first lady to be interviewed when his phone buzzed receiving a text message from her girlfriend. Her picture appeared on the screen, fairly visible to anyone in proximity. A teenager with eyes as pure as honey, and a face kissed by the sun. If Rekka stalked or hacked the security systems some time ago, the girl would be familiar to him somewhat, as she had visited Soul Society for a trial with regards to her trespassing to the said realm.

[380]
Last Edit: May 19, 2022 9:13:51 GMT -5 by Muimina Hyakuji

PLAYER

I have nothing to say.

Hageshi Rekka Avatar

Hageshi Rekka

Post by Hageshi Rekka on May 19, 2022 9:57:13 GMT -5

“Well, you wouldn’t want me to show up in a funeral dress now, would you? I’ll head to the hall after I change. If you’ll excuse me,”

"We treat death differently than mortals after all, Senpai," Rekka replied. "Though keeping your badge on would definitely be quite a plus."

In the meantime, the Hageshi clan made their way to the meeting hall, where a room was reserved for them.

"Does the narrator really have to describe the room we're in?" Homura complained. "I mean, it's not too different from any other Japanese-style room in the anime franchise in general. It's definitely not Tamago's somewhat Western room from this Clorox thing you like so much, Rekka, but the wall and door panels just have different designs painted on them, and the furniture is simply arranged differently."

"I mean you literally just described the room for us without having to rely on the narrator, Mother." said Rekka.

"Oh, looks like I did."

Hyakuji returned, this time dressed in brighter colors. Sitting beside his kouhai, he pulled out his phone, the wallpaper being that of an unfamiliar girl. Perhaps she was the Vice-Captain's mortal lover, who for some reason looked like the subject of a trial Rekka had only read about in passing during his slacker days. Iroh had apparently apprehended a human who had stumbled into Soul Society by mistake. Well, whatever her past, that could be investigated later.

"If you're ready, send in the first candidate," Homura announced.

GAME MASTER

13th Division Captain

Muimina Hyakuji Avatar

Muimina Hyakuji

Post by Muimina Hyakuji on Jun 1, 2022 1:25:46 GMT -5

無意味な 百事
護廷十三隊 - 1st DIVISION

𝖳𝖠𝖦𝖲:

Interestingly, even the mother Hageshi had this weird and interesting comments about the situation. Narrator? Anime franchise? True, Rekka kept talking about anime, and sometimes if not most of the time, he would use references or comments about some events or scenarios he claimed to be identical in the shows he was watching. Even then, Hyakuji barely understood him, although he was not totally ignorant of the culture, as he himself watched a few programs back when he was still “alive” as a human, and would even read some manga in his free days in those times.

Even then it was quite odd comparing real life scenarios to fantasies, don’t you think? The confused look would be evident on his face, albeit not too expressive, but the uncertainty was obviously written in his expression.

Perhaps they knew, perhaps not, he was able to caught their “4th wall” conversations in time of his arrival.

“I hope I wasn’t out for too long.”

He sat adjacent to the groom-to-be, though Rekka was on the other end of the table. The candidates would sit on his left, across the young Hageshi.

The mother announced for the first candidate to step in.

“Sowaka, sowaka…” the lady greeted.

While most men would have been excited to see this beauty, Hyakuji remained unfazed of her looks, let alone the “decency” of her clothes for this occasion Wearing a large crown on her head, with a linen draping over her hair along her frame, one would mistake her for a pious woman, however, her choice of wardrobe was very… unholy, so to speak, as it seemed to be pieces of garments only meant to cover the most sensitive parts of her body.

Without turning to the woman, the Vice-Captain greeted her on behalf of the groom without making obvious his distaste for the inappropriateness of her dress, “Good day, miss. Please, take a seat, and take your time to introduce yourself to your groom-to-be.”

PLAYER

I have nothing to say.

Hageshi Rekka Avatar

Hageshi Rekka

Post by Hageshi Rekka on Jun 1, 2022 3:02:17 GMT -5

"Satsuki Kiyohara, 169 years old, from Fourth Division~" The woman took a seat across from Rekka while leaning over to flaunt her formidable assets, her voice practically dripping with lust. "Hageshi-dono, was it? I can make your son very happy indeed~"

Homura looked rather concerned at Satsuki's dress and behavior, but decided to give her the benefit of the doubt. "Greetings, Kiyohara-san. Aside from your, uh, excellent mothering ability, what manner of spiritual power do you possess? While there is no doubt that you can produce healthy offspring with my son, there is also the matter of power and spiritual compatibility."

And as for Satsuki, she thought that her natural charm would be enough to win over the Third Seat and his family, like the cousin at the door who predictably couldn't stop staring at her. She certainly did not expect a demonstration of her power to be asked of her, nor for both Rekka and the famed Vice-Captain Muimina to be seemingly unaffected by her appearance. "But of course, Hageshi-dono. Although I am a healer specializing in anaesthetic, analgesic, and psychological services, my Zanpakuto is not something taken lightly. Entrance, Mara!"

At this release call, she drew a tanto with a pink sheath and handle, intricately inlaid with gold. It then turned into a blue crystal cube that hovered above her palm. Displaying its ability, dozens of pale white Reishi arms sprouted from the cube. "How's this?"

"Not bad, Kiyohara-san. For the first candidate, you certainly are promising. Despite being a healer, you have shown quite the ambitiousness necessary to become Rekka's wife. Speaking of which, Rekka, why haven't you spoken?" said Homura.

"Healing and utility definitely are a good skillset..." Rekka replied, rather halfheartedly. While Satsuki had been nice enough to him while he was at the hospital, the Third Seat was in fact unaffected by her body and dress, and in fact thought it somewhat of a red flag in terms of media tropes. "I think this demonstration is fine for now. I'll just choose after we've seen everyone."

"Thank you for your time, Kiyohara-san," Homura said. "Rekka will let you know if he chooses you. Vice-Captain, please send in the next candidate."