13th Division - Vice Captain

"Enjoy yourself while you can."

Yoshinori Okamoto Avatar

Yoshinori Okamoto

Post by Yoshinori Okamoto on May 2, 2022 14:06:09 GMT -5

NONE SHALL PASS
Type: Guard (PvP) (Repeatable)
Level: 3
Description: Your division has been tasked with guarding an open Senkaimon gate while members of the 12th Division use it to transport research materials to the Living World.
- Protect the 12th Division Researchers.
- Defeat at least 3 waves of NPC enemies OR at least 1 PC enemy.
- Do not let anyone through the open gate.

Soul Society, Senkaimon Gate: Preparing to Enter Alexandria, Egypt.

There was something to be said about the aftermath of a life-changing incident.

It was an unspoken transformation, one that could not truly be put into accurate words, only to be felt by those who shared such an experience, or felt one similar. It rooted within the soul, burrowing itself in the spirit as far as it possibly could, and the results of such an incident soon bore fruit.

Yoshinori was in the midst of such a transformation. Following the Shinigami's final confrontation with one Valentina Tokareva, the silver haired Reaper had spent the following days committed to a Fourth Division hospital room, not unlike the one Hageshi Rekka was in only weeks prior. Yet, even after his discharge, the Third Seat did not return to active duty in Egypt. No, he instead confined himself within the Eighth Division Barracks, utilizing his ever growing pile of paperwork as an excuse to not return to the World of the Living. While his body had healed from the ordeal, his mind had not. The same weariness that wore on him directly after Valentina's defeat still wore on him in the present moment. He no longer held a desire for combat, or adventure for that matter.

It was all the same. Constant warfare, constant strife. Constant loss. There was little joy to be had in the process, and the glamour of adventure and intrigue had long since faded. There was nothing to like when the stakes were so high, after all. Even when Yoshinori found the reminder on his desk referencing the day's mission to the World of the Living with Rekka, the silver haired Shinigami had considered bowing out of the operation several times before forcing himself to his feet and dragging himself out of the office. His presence wasn't out of any desire to actually execute the mission, or out of any sense of duty to the entity he served. No, he did it so that he didn't abandon Rekka to handle the mission alone. Not when Yoshinori specifically asked for his presence.

And so, there he was.

Garbed in his usual black Shihakushō, Yoshinori approached the Senkaimon Gate. His usual golden apparel adorned across his body, along with his golden snake Hanzō, Yoshinori effectively put on the facade of being well put together and overall happy to be on a mission. With a brief glance being shot towards the way of a steadily gathering group of Twelfth Division Shinigami, Yoshinori stopped just before the closed gate, nodding once to the dispatched Kido Corps Attendant, before turning around to watch for his partner.

Sealed Ball

"If only this were already over..."

PLAYER

I have nothing to say.

Hageshi Rekka Avatar

Hageshi Rekka

Post by Hageshi Rekka on May 3, 2022 18:53:42 GMT -5

If Yoshinori was expecting his mission partner to come from the direction of Seireitei, he was mistaken, as the gate opened and no fewer than nine Shinigami in the casual clothes of college pranksters (save for one female Shinigami in a windbreaker and bikini) emerged. Each of them carried an oversized and brightly colored water gun with the 9th and 12th Division emblems on them. Yoshinori would recognize the Shinigami as Rekka himself, Rekka's regular squad, and surprisingly enough, the Amanto Kujaku Gang. The swimsuited Shinigami (Osaka) would bark out orders as Rekka and Ran split off from the group.

"What do we need to remember again, squad?!"

"ONE SQUIRT PER PERSON!" Sora and the gang yelled.

"And?"

"AVOID AIMING AT EACH OTHER!"

"And?"

"NO WITNESSES SHALL ESCAPE!"

At this, extremely boisterous laughter commenced, after which Osaka led her troops in perfect military formation to refuel.

Rekka then made his way to Yoshinori, taking note of the assembled 12th Division researchers. "Afternoon, Yoshi-san! Or is it morning?"

"We got sent on memory-wiping duty today, after the whole crack in the sky incident. Since it was Captain's idea to go after the intellectuals and media, we've been raiding universities and media studios disguised as water gun pranksters. That's where the gang came in. Long story short, they're 9th's mindwipe team now."

"So, we good to go?"

PLAYER

Yoshinori Okamoto Avatar

Yoshinori Okamoto

Post by Yoshinori Okamoto on May 4, 2022 15:04:07 GMT -5

Maybe this was a mistake.

Fishing his smoking pipe from his robes, Yoshinori's lighter materialized in his left hand. Flame bursting from the lighter, Yoshinori held it to the pipe to light the herb nestled within. Thankfully, the young Shinigami had chosen to forego his usual tobacco in favor of something...stronger. Perhaps the man knew just what today would entail. Or perhaps it was simply his way of coming to terms with all that had happened in recent times. Perhaps it was both.

Sealed Ball

Turning back around towards the Senkaimon Gate, Yoshinori released a billowing plume of smoke into the air. Emerald eyes scanning the crowd of stereotypical college frat dressed Shinigami, Yoshinori certainly took note of the unlikely pairing of Rekka's squadron and that of the Amanto Kujaku Gang. Yet, as the Ninth Division Third Seat explained the reasoning for the pairing, Yoshinori simply nodded. But not without one final quip.

"You do know you are invisible to most humans unless they possess an abnormal amount of spiritual energy." The silver haired man revealed,"The disguises are mostly unnecessary." Watching the members of the memory-wiping team depart in order to refuel whatever it was that they were using to wipe the minds of those most likely to question the nature of the once cracked sky, Yoshinori simply took another draw of his pipe before stepping forward. Lazily, he gestured to the team of Twelfth Division researchers, who were in the midst of making their final preparations.

"It's early morning in Alexandria. The lead technician decided it would be best to complete our business while it's still too early for humans to be up and about on their way to work. In the case something goes awry, we can deal with it without worrying too much about humans caught in the crossfire." Yoshinori's voice sounded tired, almost drained. Given the dark lines underneath his eyes, it wouldn't be a crazy guess to assume that the man hadn't been sleeping much.

"The operation is simple. We--"

"Forgive the delay. We are almost ready."

Sealed Ball

Stepping forward, a young bespectacled man made his presence clear to the duo. Dressed in black slacks and a rather disheveled looking gray shirt and tie, the man's white lab coat and gloves established his place as a member of the Shinigami Research and Development Institute. With no visible Zanpakuto on the man's person, if the gentlemen were to be placed in a crowd of humans, he would be near impossible to discern from a regular man.

"Shinra." Yoshinori greeted the man simply, wisps of smoke filtering from his nostrils.

The scientist, obviously known as Shinra, would then turn to Rekka,"Pleasure. Name's Shinra, Lead Sensor Technician of this team. Hopefully...this will be quick." The black haired man remarked, glancing once towards the Senkaimon Gate,"We have an abandoned warehouse in Alexandria that we use for stuff like this. The equipment here is sensor equipment, meant to be synced with the Denreishinki (Soul Pager) that the patrolling Shinigami use. Hopefully, once installed, it'll increase the range and accuracy of our Hollow trackers within the pagers. Make it easier to detect Hollows that aren't so close to a patrolling Shinigami, while permitting the Shinigami to have a constantly updated note on where that Hollow is. Once we gather enough field data on it, we'll look about distributing these throughout the World of the Living."

Releasing a soft exhale, Shinra glanced once more towards the Senkaimon Gate,"Just gotta get them installed first. You guys ready? Kido Corps guy says that we're to be positioned right above the warehouse, but it'll still take a few trips to secure all the cargo, and a few minutes to install it. Looking at an estimate of probably fifteen minutes, give or take."

At that, Yoshinori glanced towards Rekka,"Got all that?"

Last Edit: May 4, 2022 15:04:29 GMT -5 by Yoshinori Okamoto

PLAYER

I have nothing to say.

Hageshi Rekka Avatar

Hageshi Rekka

Post by Hageshi Rekka on May 4, 2022 15:39:47 GMT -5

"You do know you are invisible to most humans unless they possess an abnormal amount of spiritual energy. The disguises are mostly unnecessary."

"I know, but don't ya dare tell them. Especially Osaka," Rekka quipped. "Besides, there's a high chance a bunch of them are spiritually aware like the Clorox mangaka."

The scarlet-eyed man also noted the tiredness in his Eighth Division counterpart's voice, as well as his apparent lack of sleep, which was unusual for someone who'd just returned from a big mission. However, he decided to remain silent.

"Just call me if you need me, Senpai," Ran said before heading to the Ninth Division headquarters.

Yoshinori then explained how they were heading to early morning Alexandria, avoiding the peak of human activity. Better than Rekka's own choice of the New York outskirts for the Hollow Hunt. If anything, though, at least they didn't have to wait around long for a Hollow to show up.

"Pleasure. Name's Shinra, Lead Sensor Technician of this team. Hopefully...this will be quick. We have an abandoned warehouse in Alexandria that we use for stuff like this. The equipment here is sensor equipment, meant to be synced with the Denreishinki (Soul Pager) that the patrolling Shinigami use. Hopefully, once installed, it'll increase the range and accuracy of our Hollow trackers within the pagers. Make it easier to detect Hollows that aren't so close to a patrolling Shinigami, while permitting the Shinigami to have a constantly updated note on where that Hollow is. Once we gather enough field data on it, we'll look about distributing these throughout the World of the Living."

"Good to have ya here, Shinra. I'm Rekka."

"Just gotta get them installed first. You guys ready? Kido Corps guy says that we're to be positioned right above the warehouse, but it'll still take a few trips to secure all the cargo, and a few minutes to install it. Looking at an estimate of probably fifteen minutes, give or take."

"Scanner upgrades, huh. Nice. Does it come with a free phone? Anyway. So we exit on top of the warehouse, then me and Yoshi-san stand guard while you guys set up? Sounds like a plan."
Last Edit: May 5, 2022 2:30:18 GMT -5 by Hageshi Rekka

PLAYER

Yoshinori Okamoto Avatar

Yoshinori Okamoto

Post by Yoshinori Okamoto on May 16, 2022 13:24:35 GMT -5

Sealed Ball

For several seconds, it appeared as if Shinra was preparing to either completely ignore Rekka's inquiry regarding a new phone, or to offer a simple no and keep pushing. However, he eventually answered with a low chuckle and a shake of his head, before turning to move back to the Senkaimon Gate. As he departed from the party, he spoke up.

"Yeah, sure. We got an extra few of the newer models for testing purposes. I'll give you one once we're done. Not like I'll be usin' them."

Extending his right hand out towards his fellow technicians, Shinra spoke out in a louder voice.

"Let's get this moving! I really don't want another half an hour delay like the last time we installed something! We got things to do!"

With a couple of groans and complaints, the technicians and aides went to work, wrapping up the gear in protective layers to enable safe and efficient transportation. Slowly, the Senkaimon Gate began to rumble as the solid doors were forced apart. Two Kido Corps members in particular kneeled before the golden gates, hands clasped together as the complex seals were removed one by one. Emerald eyes regarding the parting doors with a somewhat resigned expression, Yoshinori seemed almost...distanced. His aura was one of reluctance, almost like he didn't want to be there. While the silver haired gentleman rarely showed excitement at the prospect of a mission, this was of another level entirely. Something happened in the weeks since Yoshinori's last visit to Rekka in the hospital. It was, naturally, known that Yoshinori had participated in the emergency situation involving Valentina Tokareva, but could this have produced such an effect in the Shinigami? It was possible.

"We'll placed above the warehouse when we exit. Once we're out in the open, I'll produce a Hachigyō Sōgai barrier around the warehouse, just in case. It'll take a few moments to complete, for it's a fairly complex spell. I just need you to watch my back as we do so. Hopefully, we'll have no need to use it..." Yoshinori allowed a plume of smoke to filter out of his nostrils. Even as he began to press forward towards the open Senkaimon Gate, Yoshinori couldn't shake this impending sense of doom. An uneasiness that settled within the pit of his stomach. He desperately wanted this to be a normal mission, to be a quick in and out. Yet the feeling that something was about to go wrong was unmistakable, and a quick glance Shinra's way told Yoshinori that the Sensor Technician was likely feeling the same way. There was a certain caution that the scientist was taking in his orders, ensuring that every piece of tech was protectively wrapped and made easy for quick transport.

He wanted to eliminate the possibility of delay. In case something went disastrously wrong.

"Step ahead of me, Rekka. You will lead the sensor team into Alexandria. I'll remain in the back, and offer rear support. Once they're all inside the warehouse for the first trip, I'll begin working on the barrier. After that, I'll remain in the back to safeguard the Senkaimon Gate. Your specialties will make a better fit closer to the warehouse, in case of Hollow attack." Yoshinori explained, with a nod afterwards indicating he was satisfied with the plan now that he heard it aloud. It was something that complimented both their strengths. Yoshinori was a long range combatant, and as such could remain closer to the Senkaimon Gate with no detriment to his capabilities. Meanwhile, a closer position for Rekka would ensure that if trouble did arise, he would already be in the thick of it, which played to his own skills.

"First Transport Team is ready." Shinra reported towards the pair of guarding Shinigami.

"Showtime. Rekka, lead us out." Yoshinori said, glancing back to the raven haired Third Seat.

PLAYER

I have nothing to say.

Hageshi Rekka Avatar

Hageshi Rekka

Post by Hageshi Rekka on May 16, 2022 14:24:47 GMT -5

"Nice! Thanks Shinra-san!" Rekka held out a thumbs up at the technician after being offered a phone. "Maybe one for Yoshi-san too, since we keep getting caught up in one thing or another for some reason. But hey, we didn't enter the Academy and expect not to get lots of fieldwork."

While Shinra appeared to be incredibly motivated, Yoshinori's current behavior indicated even more reluctance than the technicians' grumblings. And whatever he was smoking was obviously really strong. Any member of the Ninth Division worth their Zanpakuto would recognize that smell. It was frequently in the air when they were on patrol, and more often than not pluses or Hollows who had died violent deaths came with it. If Yoshinori had turned to that, he must have been through a lot during the battle with whoever had cracked open the sky.

"Whatever you fought back then must've been so strong there was no way you could've stayed true to yourself, huh." Rekka told his Eighth Division counterpart. His gaze, however, betrayed that he knew more than he was letting on. "I have my suspicions of what your foe was, and there's no way you won without releasing."

"Step ahead of me, Rekka. You will lead the sensor team into Alexandria. I'll remain in the back, and offer rear support. Once they're all inside the warehouse for the first trip, I'll begin working on the barrier. After that, I'll remain in the back to safeguard the Senkaimon Gate. Your specialties will make a better fit closer to the warehouse, in case of Hollow attack."

Rekka did as he was told, positioning himself ahead of the research team as Yoshinori took the rear. The gate then opened, and being given the marching orders, the Ninth Division Third Seat walked into Alexandria.

Hageshi Rekka was expecting anything from Hollows to Demons to a Moirai the moment he stepped out. What he wasn't expecting was for Alexandria to be as heavily industrialized and commercialized as it stood now. The warehouse they had chosen was in a back alley, yes, but it was also behind a few high-rise buildings. 

"All clear... for now. Research team, get inside as quickly as you can, prioritize yourselves over the gear. Yoshinori-san, keep a close eye on them."

"This is the perfect place to get sniped."

PLAYER

Yoshinori Okamoto Avatar

Yoshinori Okamoto

Post by Yoshinori Okamoto on May 25, 2022 17:15:10 GMT -5

Sealed Ball

"We'll see." Shinra said in response to Rekka's suggestion that Yoshinori get one too. A quick glance Yoshinori's way only brought further confirmation that such an addition would not be happening, for the silver haired Third Seat simply shook his head in denial. Turning his attention back to his own research hands, the movement of equipment was underway.

By Shinra's command, the sensor technicians began to file out of the Senkaimon Gate, each one of them holding some piece of equipment, with occasionally several dedicated to hoisting some large apparatus. With Rekka leading the front of the movement, the raven haired Third Seat was indeed correct. There was no one about, and more importantly it seemed to be a rather slow morning traffic wise, with the streets surrounding the warehouse relatively deserted. Whether the street was usually empty or if it was just too early for the morning commute was unknown, but did it matter? A lack of pedestrian presence and a lack of actual hostile presence would make for a rather relaxing mission. Fifteen minutes couldn't be that long, right?

Eventually, Shira and Yoshinori would filter out of the Senkaimon Gate last, the doors left open as the silver haired Third Seat glanced back inside. There was a lot of equipment dedicated to this forward sensor outpost. Fifteen minutes to cart out and install all this tech was, as Shinra described, as quick as they could shorten it down to. Fifteen minutes was a relatively short time. There was nothing to worry about.

As smoke filtered from Yoshinori's nostrils, his eyes traveled down to the warehouse. Impending danger or not, he had a job to do, and as much as he didn't want to do it, he was already here. Slamming his hands together as if in prayer, before slamming them together again horizontally outwards, Yoshinori's body began to emanate a soft golden light as he began to focus the energy for his barrier. A smoke infused exhale leaving him, he turned his head towards Rekka

"Be on the lookout, Rekka. I won't be able to do much else while I concentrate on this barrier."

"Come on, come on! Let's make this happen!" Shinra commanded as he floated down to the warehouse's entrance. Holding the door open for his fellows, they began to file in one by one, the engineers already choosing points to begin setting up the stage for installation. For the hauling hands, as soon as they set a piece of equipment down, they went back out to return to the Senkaimon Gate.

Everything was proceeding as planned, for now.

Sealed Ball

"His return is upon us..." A figure emerged from the shadows of a sewer several kilometers east of the warehouse, careful to keep his spiritual presence low enough to escape sensor range...at least for the time being. His body was pitch black, his skin morphing and shifting as multiple appendages grew and shrank along his body. Behind him, several other Hollows filtered out, their bodies in similar forms of misshapenness. Whether it was pure disfigurement, or alteration of some form, these Hollows had a strange quality about them. But...

"Are you sure, Kios?" Another Hollow, this one short yet bulky, asked the tall one with the shifting outer body,"Has he spoken to you? The master has been dormant for almost eight centuries. So few remain of his once faithful servants. What if he never escapes the Shinigami's slumber?"

"Do you doubt?" The tall Hollow, known as Kios, spoke aloud,"He is a beacon of power, the natural born King. I never believed for a second that the Master could be restrained so by mere Shinigami. He will free himself. He has been biding his time. And when he emerges..."

Kio set his gaze straight out, as if locked into the position of the warehouse from afar.

"We will have offerings to aid his regrowth."

Like a thief in the night, the tall Hollow slinked into the shadows with the swiftness and movement of a snake, almost flattening himself along the grown as he shot off into the early morning streets. A cackle coming from the short Hollow, he leapt up in the air, taking the rooftops, soon joined by at least half a dozen other misshapen fellows.

Their target? The Warehouse.

Last Edit: May 25, 2022 17:15:28 GMT -5 by Yoshinori Okamoto

PLAYER

I have nothing to say.

Hageshi Rekka Avatar

Hageshi Rekka

Post by Hageshi Rekka on May 25, 2022 23:30:26 GMT -5

While it was a pity that Rekka's fellow Third Seat declined an upgrade to his archaic flip-phone, the scarlet-eyed man took it in stride, instead choosing to focus on leading the technicians out of the gate. As soon as he stepped aside to allow the researchers to pass, Rekka stationed himself beside the open Senkaimon as to not let anyone pass without his knowledge.

"Be on the lookout, Rekka. I won't be able to do much else while I concentrate on this barrier."

"On it." Rekka replied to his silver-haired counterpart. All he had to do was guard Yoshinori and the researchers while the barrier was going up, and after that head down to the warehouse and guard that. So here he was, his gaze shifting at superspeed between the Yoshi, the gate, the technicians, the warehouse entrance, and the surrounding roads and buildings, all the while engaging in his own brand of strategic thinking. His thought process went as follows:

This is a mission. A mission involving player characters.

Therefore, something is definitely gonna happen. That's a fact.

Because something is definitely gonna happen, what's left is the who, what, where, when, why, and how.

Where is definitely here. It can't be anywhere else.

What is someone either kills or kidnaps the researchers, or destroys or steals the equipment.

Who? Neither the Quincy nor Fullbringers have any reason to prevent us from hunting Hollows. In fact, they want us to do our jobs as best as possible. Unless... The only ones who wouldn't want us to hunt Hollows are the Hollows and Arrancar themselves.

When? Isn't that obvious, they'll somehow make it through the barrier before it's up, trapping us inside with them.

How? There's only so many ways someone can attack from here. Aside from the obvious head-on charge if they're Hollows, we have to watch out for snipers from the buildings too, though I can't imagine a Hollow who'd do that.

And lastly...why? For regular Hollows the researchers are a veritable banquet. But that can't be the reason, unless they really wanna fight two officers with Bankai. If anything whoever's attacking has gotta be Adjuchas or higher. Which means it's either the Numeros trying to sabotage the scanner upgrade, or an independent faction who wants the tech or the technicians for some reason or another.

Hold up.

Whenever Shinigami tech is involved in a mission, it usually turns into something like the Hogyoku. There's a high chance this tech isn't just sensor upgrades.

PLAYER

Yoshinori Okamoto Avatar

Yoshinori Okamoto

Post by Yoshinori Okamoto on May 31, 2022 15:21:46 GMT -5

As Rekka contemplated the numerous ways a mission involving player characters could go wrong, Yoshinori was hard at work within the bounds of his reality. Hands clasped together tightly, the Kido Specialist spent several minutes compiling the spiritual energy necessary to perform his barrier, the complexity of his next arrangement requiring such effort even from a seasoned sealing specialist such as he.

Eventually, however, he was ready.

"Hachigyō Sōgai."

Upon uttering the name of the spell, the warehouse was suddenly encased in a transparent colored barrier, the walls forming on four sides before branching out into a series of identical looking latin crosses that jutted out from the otherwise rectangular base barrier. The barrier's outline would begin to fade once it was fully constructed, melting into the background as the full power of the spell was realized. To those outside of the joint team of Shinigami, the warehouse would simply cease to exist. Onlookers would not be able to register the fact that there was a warehouse there, with it seeming as if there was nothing present there at all, and it had been a naturally vacant space all along. Those inside the barrier's confines were similarly protected in the same manner, that is until they left to return to the open Senkaimon Gate for more materials, for then their bodies would register in the Material World once more, allowing them to be gazed upon by those spiritually aware entities.

It was a solid plan. The warehouse would remain untouched and guarded by simple measure that outsiders could not perceive there being a warehouse at all.

Two minutes would pass, then four minutes. Then seven. Time ticked with the slowness that only boredom could bring. The researchers kept up their end of the bargain when it came to working swiftly. Under Shinra's command, the sensor team rushed their equipment to and from the warehouse, reducing the time spent in transit to a relatively safe number. Once inside the fortification, and protected by the barrier, the technicians would get to work, securing space for proper installation for all the materials they needed. Finally, Shinra and a small team of analysts were busy booting up what computers were online, intent to begin the process of syncing the various bits of equipment as the finishing touches were put on each piece of tech. It was seamless.

Until the five minutes remaining mark.

As it turned, Rekka would be the one most likely to notice it first. The sudden appearance of a chilling Reiatsu, cold enough to make one's skin crawl with its insidious sensation. It wasn't just one Hollow, nor two. It was close to a dozen of them, or maybe slightly more. And they were...

Already here.

Phasing through the ground itself, several deformed Hollows would make their appearance, their snarling maws already focused on the Twelfth Division Shinigami moving towards the Senkaimon Gate. Charging forth, two Hollows would take to the air, wings spouting from their backs as they closed in upon their opponents.

As if to add insult to injury, two more figures would emerge from the shadows, these Hollows lacking wings but making up for it with rather impressive jumping ability. One large Hollow leaping towards Yoshinori and one towards Rekka, both raised their large fists with intent to smash them into the Shinigami defenders, perhaps with intent to distract them long enough for the airborne Hollows to close in on their selected prey.

All the while, three chosen entities manifested on a nearby building roof

Sealed Ball

"His return is upon us, Hiro..." Kios echoed.

Sealed Ball

"His return must be marked with blood. Yasha, don't you agree?" The short and stout Hollow known as Hiro spoke up, a single red eye sliding to regard the third member of the Hollow hunting party leadership.

Sealed Ball

"Kill the small fry to make way for the worthy ones. We will climb our way into Seireitei. For the Master." The tall form of Yasha said. All three then turned their attention to the Shinigami.

What would they do?

Last Edit: May 31, 2022 15:22:22 GMT -5 by Yoshinori Okamoto

PLAYER

I have nothing to say.

Hageshi Rekka Avatar

Hageshi Rekka

Post by Hageshi Rekka on May 31, 2022 22:05:55 GMT -5

"Freakin' called it!" Rekka declared as the chilling Reiatsu reached his senses. Then, just as quickly, multiple deformed Hollows (at least Fiore Leclair for all his narcissism had the decency to actually be attractive) jumped out of the ground. Two winged ones were headed for the gate and the crossing researchers, and two muscular ones were headed straight for the officers' faces.

There was no way Rekka, even with all his speed, could fend them off simultaneously. There was no way he could be in four places at once.

Or was there?

Time was weird with the OGA, and while the fiery Shinigami had been pulled for their little heist on the day the sky cracked, he had no idea when the heist actually happened, and from which timestreams his companions for that occasion had been pulled from. He didn't know whether he'd be able to pull this little stunt off. But his body, honed by instinct and training, moved by itself, and he leapt in four directions at once.

Guess what? It worked.

Three identical duplicates of Rekka split off from the Prime, which clashed with the Hollow that had collided with him. While these Hollows were a notch above a regular one, they were certainly no Rao or Fiore, and the four Rekkas destroyed all four abnormal Hollows with relative ease before reverting back into the singular fourth-wall-breaking Shinigami.

"Yoshinori, the barrier has been breached," Rekka said. "Looks like it's time to get up close and dirty." 

PLAYER

Yoshinori Okamoto Avatar

Yoshinori Okamoto

Post by Yoshinori Okamoto on Jun 4, 2022 17:44:58 GMT -5

Rekka was right. He did indeed call it.

Gritting his teeth with mild annoyance, Yoshinori clapped his hands together as he instinctively backed up and away from the Hollow who had chosen him as a target. Beginning to spread his hands outwards to deal with his opponent himself, Rekka managed to beat him to the punch...in quite the unusual way.

Splitting somehow into four separate entities, the copies of the raven haired Ninth Division Shinigami swarmed the assailants, destroying not only Yoshinori's foe, but Rekka's own and the two winged creatures that had chosen the scientists as their prey for today. In mere moments, all four Hollows were suffering the sting of defeat as their bodies disintegrated into nothingness.

"Thank you, sir!" One of the technicians yelled in appreciation to Rekka before continuing their ascent into the Senkaimon Gate. Unfortunately, the Hollows did not know defeat. Another winged creature taking to the air after the very same researchers, a rather large Hollow made Yoshinori his neck target, his lumbering form vaulting forward before lashing out at the silver haired Shinigami with an oversized fist.

Denied of his previous kill, Yoshinori was more than ready for the oversized Hollow, however. Just as his fist was about to make contact with the Kido Specialist, a solid wall of turquoise colored energy separated Yoshinori from his foe, the Hollow's fist meeting solid spiritual energy as opposed to the Soul Reaper's flesh. Without missing a beat, Yoshinori extended his palm outwards, and uttered a single word.

"Shindan." (Heart Sever)

Sealed Ball

A pinkish-purple blade of spiritual energy spawning from his right hand, Yoshinori dispelled the turquoise barrier just in time to swing his right hand down, cutting the Hollow in half right down the middle with his blade of Kido. Without even a chance to defend himself, the beast began to disintegrate before Yoshinori's very eyes, the silver haired Third Seat already beginning to turn away, his eyes focused on the pursuing Hollow, who was ever nearing the technician team. If he wasn't stopped, he'd fly right into Soul Society.

Just as Yoshinori was preparing to follow the Hollow with intent to cut him down before he could infiltrate Soul Society, yet again he was beaten to the punch.

"Remove Them, Enkō."

Sealed Ball

A single blast of purple light flashed from the warehouse below, just in time for the flying Hollow to disintegrate as well, a purple blast of energy cutting straight through the skull.

Sealed Ball

Standing just outside the entrance to the warehouse, the Sensor Technician lead known as Shinra was standing still, what appeared to be a rather ornate pistol in his hand. Tendrils of smoke rose from it, leading one to easily conclude that he was the one responsible for the death of the Hollow. Was that his Zanpakuto's Shikai. Shinra wasn't visibly carrying a Zanpakuto before, so where did this come from?

"We need to repel them! The less the techs worry about getting killed, the faster we can finish up here and retreat back inside the gate! They're not attacking the warehouse itself!" Shinra called, sticking close to the open doorway of the warehouse. He had helped the escort team out, but he couldn't linger. He did have to coordinate the sensor team's installation, and one couldn't do that if he was also fighting.

Meanwhile, the three leading Hollows remain perched upon the nearby building roof, seemingly unamused by the failure of their minions to eliminate their targets.

Sealed Ball

"They're stronger than they appear." The short Hollow, Hiro, spoke up. His one eye remained unblinking as it zeroed in on Rekka in particular,"He's particularly interesting. Perhaps he would make a good sacrifice. Kios, give them more peons."

Sealed Ball

"Naturally." Kios replied, his constantly shifting body beginning to morph and separate. His flesh began to tear itself apart, formless bounds of skin and muscle ripping itself away from Kios body before falling into clumps on the floor. If one were to observe his spiritual presence, Kios' Reiatsu seemed to be falling by the second...but the clumps of formless flesh were exhibiting their own spiritual presence...and were beginning to take form.

Growing white masks of their own, the formless lumps morphed right before everyone's eyes into fully fledged Hollows, their screeches filling the air. These were not natural, organic Hollows. These were soul-less hollow spawn, created from Kios' own body. They lacked souls, for they were merely a detachment of Kios' own body. Scaling down the side of the building, the new Hollows were swift to join their still remaining allies, replenishing their losses in a matter of moments.

"Shinigami...what shall you do next?"

PLAYER

I have nothing to say.

Hageshi Rekka Avatar

Hageshi Rekka

Post by Hageshi Rekka on Jun 5, 2022 9:26:48 GMT -5

"We need to repel them! The less the techs worry about getting killed, the faster we can finish up here and retreat back inside the gate! They're not attacking the warehouse itself!"

Offering a cursory nod to the technician who had thanked him, Rekka watched as Yoshinori and Shinra disposed of two more Hollows before offering his own opinion. "Yeah! At least they're not after the tech this time around, so focus on keeping yourselves safe!"

"On the other hand, Yoshinori, if I had a nickel for every time an enemy got past your barriers by going through the floor, I'd have two nickels. Which isn't a lot, but strange that it happened twice," the scarlet-eyed Reaper quipped, seemingly a callback to when Duchess Nemeia used the exact same tactic back in New York. By the way, Rekka still did not know her name, and until now only knew her as "Planty".

Rekka sneezed. The three bosses seemed to be talking about him.

"Shinigami...what shall you do next?"

The especially deformed Hollow produced minions out of his own body, which joined the remainder of the enemy forces. While Rekka was tempted to do the same with his Army, he rejected the notion for concern that he'd end up summoning the Moirai on top of these weird Hollows. Instead...

Wait, this is Egypt, isn't it?

"Oho, so you're approaching me? Instead of running away, you're coming right to me? Well then, come as close as you like!" Those who would look upon the Ninth Division Third Seat would notice that his face, nay, his entire figure had become chiseled and muscular in a clear distortion of reality, and that his voice, which normally sounded like a female VA doing a male impression, had become the deep voice of Takehito Koyasu.

Rekka sheathed his sword, instead readying his newly-bulked up fists, and cried out as he proceeded to do his own version of a Raioken on the Hollow horde. 

"MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDA!!"

After that, he would pull out a talisman, with which he had prepared the transporting spell that Yoshinori had shown him in the hospital, and summoned a certain construction vehicle with it, which he threw on the Hollow bosses with the intention of crushing them flat.

"ROAD ROLLER DA!!"

Last Edit: Jun 5, 2022 9:27:21 GMT -5 by Hageshi Rekka

PLAYER

Yoshinori Okamoto Avatar

Yoshinori Okamoto

Post by Yoshinori Okamoto on Jun 8, 2022 14:29:18 GMT -5

"On the other hand, Yoshinori, if I had a nickel for every time an enemy got past your barriers by going through the floor, I'd have two nickels. Which isn't a lot, but strange that it happened twice."

Despite his own attempts to remain calm, Yoshinori couldn't help but feel a single vein protrude from his temple at the subtle slight in regards to his barriers. The silver haired Shinigami didn't consider himself too proud a man, but there was certain things about his reputation that he was prepared to fiercely defend. It seemed that his dedication to the Bakudo Arts was one such thing.

"The barrier is intact. All these Hollows are outside the barrier! It's only covering the warehouse itself." So technically, only Duchess Nemeia had managed to break their way past Yoshinori's barrier by going under it. However, would the demon noble remain the only person capable of claiming such a title? The night was still young, after all.

Nevertheless, as the newest Hollow Horde made its charge towards Rekka, the man responded with quite the transformation, his body itself morphing into something...very un-Rekka-like. With now defined muscles and empowered fists, the Third Seat was more than strong enough to tear into the rather weak Hollows with ease, the creatures disintegrating into nothingness one after the next. If that wasn't enough, Rekka then directed his attention to the three leading Hollows. Releasing a tailsman that he had stored somewhere on his person, the Ninth Division Shinigami sent it flying towards the trio, before it released the Kido Spell stored instead. Hako Okuri, the same barrier technique that Yoshinori had shown the man in the hospital some weeks prior, was now in full effect. Releasing a construction vehicle of sorts, the vehicle seemed just about to crush the three Hollows (and the building that they stood atop of), when Kios spoke up.

"Hiro..." Kios hissed.

Sealed Ball

Sealed Ball

"Of course." Hiro replied. With a huff, the short Hollow stepped forward, training his one eye upon the vehicle as it drew ever closer. Suddenly, the space just before Hiro's eye would distort, creating a black circular opening. A "dark tunnel" of sorts, the circular opening would suddenly begin sucking in air like a vacuum, initiating a cyclone effect that the vehicle would caught within. Compressed by crushing force, as the vehicle was drawn closer to the nexus of the "tunnel", it would be reduced to a crushed slab of metal before being sucked into the hole entirely, disappearing within the eternal blackness of whatever laid within.

Sealed Ball

With a slow blink from Hiro, the tunnel would close up, returning the space before him to normal. With no more distractions for the time being, the Shinigami team could place their full attention on the three. On a completely different power scale than the trash Hollows that Kios was producing, all three Hollows seemed to be on Adjuchas level, their Reiatsu presence much more prominent then the other deformed Hollows. But even with all that power, there was an unexplainable quality about them. A strange feel about their spiritual presence.

A loud cackle would sound from the the short Hollow, as Kios' body began to morph once more. Like clockwork, the deformed Hollow was beginning to produce more Hollows. Just as his body was preparing to expel the fleshy protrusions that had begun to part from him, a call from Yoshinori halted any attempt the Adjuchas had at creating more fodder for the Shinigami to tear through.

"Roppō Fūjin." Yoshinori uttered, slamming his hands together, as if about to initiate prayer.

A teal colored aura beginning to encapsulate Kios' body, Yoshinori unveiled his next Kido-based spectacle. The teal colored aura beginning to take geometrical form, the spiritual energy took the form of hardened walls enclosing around Kido, creating a sizable three-dimensional barrier of rectangular shapes, the likes of which intersected each other in the shape of a cross.

Sealed Ball

To make matters worse, Yoshinori wasn't done. Parting his hands to stretch out to either side of him, the Shinigami began to bring them closer once more in a pushing motion, almost as if he were squeezing between his palms. Rapidly, the barrier would begin to condense upon Kios, placing immense pressure upon his form as the irregular shaped barrier began to scale downwards in size. While certainly uncomfortable for Kios, it also halted the man's Hollow production for the time being. After all, it wasn't like he had room to spare when it came to minion production.

Glancing towards their now trapped comrade, both Hiro and Yasha let out a hoarse chuckle, before the tall, hunched form of Yasha spoke up.

Sealed Ball

"Hmm...I'll take this one."" Yasha cried out, before suddenly vanishing from view. Having selected Rekka as his target, the Hollow moved quickly to close the distance between himself and his quarry. Boasting schimtar sized claws, the Hollow sent his right hand from right to left, executing a horizontal swipe at Rekka. That would most certainly hurt if it hit.

Meanwhile, Hiro just stood right where he was, watching Yasha fight and obviously not inclined to assist the trapped Kios.

PLAYER

I have nothing to say.

Hageshi Rekka Avatar

Hageshi Rekka

Post by Hageshi Rekka on Jun 9, 2022 8:28:52 GMT -5

Due to Rekka's comment, Yoshinori ended up pointing out that the barrier was in fact still intact. Not only that, the black-haired Third Seat was working under the assumption that they were corralled inside the barrier with the Hollows.

"Well then, this changes things," said Rekka. "Everybody get inside the warehouse!"

While the Raioken barrage had managed to destroy the horde, Rekka's thrown Road Roller was sucked into a tunnel vision black hole by the one-eyed Hollow, eliciting an overly manly gasp from the newly muscular Third Seat.

"So your eye portal is the same type of ability as my Enmado's," he replied to his foe, continuing to speak in . "Nevertheless, my speed and power are far superior to yours--"

Rekka was abruptly cut off by the Hollow known as Yasha slashing at him with scimitar-like claws. While the Ninth Division officer instinctively parried the strikes with his red-hot Zanpakuto, he was nevertheless left significantly more annoyed at the interruption of his speech.

"As I said..." continued Rekka, the trajectory of his parries opening up into a portal. "It's the same type of ability."

As soon as the portal reached full size, he'd attempt to use a series of blocks and grapples to force Yasha into the portal, kicking him into the hole and jumping after the Hollow. They would emerge right on top of Hiro, where Rekka would once again try to throw something, that thing being the squat Hollow's ally, at him.
Last Edit: Jun 9, 2022 8:29:11 GMT -5 by Hageshi Rekka

PLAYER

Yoshinori Okamoto Avatar

Yoshinori Okamoto

Post by Yoshinori Okamoto on Jun 15, 2022 11:39:24 GMT -5

Most of the scientists that were stationed to stay within the warehouse were most certainly within the warehouse already. Right now, apart from Yoshinori and Rekka, only the aides who were tasked with transporting material to the warehouse were left outside of it. And they were certainly moving quickly so as to not be caught in the crossfire as they flew back and forth between the warehouse and the Senkaimon Gate. It would only be several more minutes now before the party could retreat to the safety of Soul Society. Yoshinori and Rekka could hold off these Hollows until then, right?

Sealed Ball

Rekka certainly seemed to be trying. As the fiery Shinigami lashed out with his Zanpakuto against Yasha, the tall, hunched Hollow cackled as his claws raked against Rekka's blade, the superheated nature of the blade seemingly inducing little discomfort to the Hollow. However, Rekka was successful in his attempts to grapple the Hollow, with Yasha slowly being forced back towards Rekka's portal, until a well placed kick from the raven haired Reaper sent the creature fully through.

Reappearing above Hiro, Rekka sent the tall Hollow hurtling down towards Hiro.

Sealed Ball

"Of course." Hiro repeated, before his eye opened once more. Creating yet another portal, Yasha was similarly sucked inside the stout Hollow's portal in similar manner to how Rekka transported both him and Yasha. Winking him from view, Hiro would simply close his one eye as the Third Seat's attack plan was foiled. Another black hole appearing to Rekka's immediate left, Yasha would reappear, this time his masked maw open to reveal a red orb of energy floating just before himself.

A Cero.

"Pathetic!" Yasha would cry out before the orb would detonate into a massive beam of red energy that would threaten to engulf the Third Seat whole. The attack pattern was intentional, for if Rekka made the conscious decision to dodge the blast...it would head straight towards the barrier-encased warehouse.

Meanwhile, while Rekka was busy fighting both Hiro and Yasha, Yoshinori was still busy with Kios. Continuing to attempt to crush Kios with immense force, Yoshinori's palms moved further together, a low hiss escaping the silver haired Reaper as he did so. He could feel Kios resisting, his body a living weapon as every portion of his flesh protruded outwards, pushing back against the barrier. Cracks began to form across the surface of Yoshinori's barrier. The Adjuchas was stronger than he appeared, and was pushing back against the barrier in such a manner to find any weak spot he could potentially exploit.

Sealed Ball

"You cannot stop...what is to come!" Kios hissed, before a spiked protrusion of flesh shot out from his hip, punching a hole through the barrier. Immediately, the Hollow dissolved into black goo, the barrier immediately shrinking as resistance against it was lifted. But it was much too late for Yoshinori to enact his plot, for the now liquefied Hollow slipped through the hole it punched, only returning to solid matter once the entirety of him had managed to slip through the green cage it was trapped within.

Raising his head until he locked eyes with Yoshinori, Kios raised a single clawed hand...and charged towards the man.

"The master will return in due time! And you will all be food to his return!"

Last Edit: Jun 15, 2022 11:40:01 GMT -5 by Yoshinori Okamoto