Bleach Hereafter RPG

Wish and a Prayer

Player

Insert Passive Aggressive Statement Here

snugglyrum Avatar

snugglyrum

Post by snugglyrum on Jun 29, 2022 13:28:40 GMT -5

"Cause someone said it, I met the demons. They were from there, another point of fact that this whole transfer thing is probably bullshit. They even have kids and a royal family, just like the pajama pricks." Janus said, it all seemed like lies more and more. It really made her mad. No one seemed to be wanting to tell the truth, they just made shit up and brainwashed everyone into believing it.

Whatever, she had other things to do and keeping the soul of this specific planet here was probably not a good thing. Like Janus was doing the rest of the world a disservice. She then addressed the bloodlust. "An eye for an eye, and everyone is blind." Janus said to herself as she took a deep breath and thought for a moment. "I mean I am pretty sure people know me less than you now, considering I have been trying to hide cause I am far too afraid of the things that seem to kill me over and over. Though that brings up another point. If you want to kick villains to Jigoku, why not go ask for help or join up with something. I mean, I can not do anything, so, I fail to see the point of ever getting into a fight again."
Last Edit: Jun 29, 2022 13:28:53 GMT -5 by snugglyrum

Player

Fullbringer

I have nothing to say.

Niji Avatar

Niji

Post by Niji on Jul 5, 2022 21:03:35 GMT -5

Niji stared for a moment, trying to process her phrasing again, talking to Janus sometimes felt like the woman was channeling different Januses (Jani?) as she spoke, rapidly changing opinions and points of view with the speed of roller coaster. "I do not blame you, fights are hardly ever going to lead to a satisfactory resolution."

She waved a hand dismissively, "I do not know nearly as many spiritually powerful individuals as you might think. Val and Yael were two of the stronger people I knew, and Val is...well, I have no idea what her current situation is. And I have not tried to contact Yael, I imagine he needs some time to himself given the whole Val situation."

She thought of Ryoga, the boy looked up to her as an older sister, but his biggest concerns were coming to terms who he was and who he wanted to be, not war and spiritual conflict, "I am friends with a Quincy that has quite a bit of potential, but I do not want to drag him into this. He is...he is too innocent for this business, but I know he would join in a second if I were to ask."

Which, obviously other than Janus, mostly just left the shinigami. Last time she saw Rekka, the man was suffering some sort of mental break, potentially prompted by Janus, which left Vice Captain Muimina, "I know a Shinigami Vice Captain, but I am not sure I trust him. He was asking me what I would do if Val suddenly had the power to achieve her goal of destruction a week before she was given that power by a Shinigami collaborator."

She shook her head, "It seems suspicious, at the least."

Niji's eyes gained a far-away look, somewhat wistful, "Maybe you have the right of it. With any luck someone becoming a threat to all of existence only happens every few centuries. Maybe I can just rest; go back to wedding planning and running a business. Leave all this spiritual chaos behind me and fade back into the background."

In her heart, she knew that was unlikely. Odds are, Janus knew it too. Her meeting with the diviner seemingly had sparked off her entire spiritual life about a year ago after a decade of relative silence. Neither of them were going to be able to fade peacefully into the background.

Player

snugglyrum Avatar

snugglyrum

Post by snugglyrum on Jul 30, 2022 15:41:48 GMT -5

"And after that you can just sit back and sing about puppies and rainbows! You are so far messed up in this that there is no fading anymore. I managed to do it, and then BAM, look who comes knocking. The fact is that you and I are no longer bound to anything normal. We are, for lack of better terms, the two guns handed to ten year olds. Do not know how it is going to end, but pretty sure it will make the papers. We are not doing someone else's bidding. We are not part of some large group that can blow up the earth, and we are not heroes. We are dangerous instruments of chaos that will eventually lead to something really bad."

Janus stated as she poured herself a drink and then added. "So, do whatever you want, and I will get back to trying to stay safe before the next black robed superman tries to kill me in really violent ways. Hell, at least I can tell when they are going to show up. Anyone else I have helped, with the exception of you, has actually killed me at least once. On top of it, I have never actually hurt anything back so I think that staying here is probably my only option."

Player

Fullbringer

I have nothing to say.

Niji Avatar

Niji

Post by Niji on Jul 30, 2022 20:25:37 GMT -5

Niji sighed, "I know; but I will not allow the denizens of the afterlife to stop me from living my current life. I do not think that we can reasonably sit on the sidelines; one side or another will try to use us. When we first met we talked about how valuable someone with your powers would be to any organization, particularly if they spent time working with you to refine your abilities."

The woman was selling herself short, together they had defeated foes that they would have died (permanently) against had they not worked together. That had been defeating a Gillian-class hollow nearly a year ago when they were both far weaker than they were now. She was not eager to remind Janus of that, though; as the woman had binded herself to the monster and demanded Niji kill her in order to drive it away. The diviner got better, and had no memory of that particular death, but still.

She shook her head, "I am not trying to drag you into anything; if you wish to stay here and lay low, I would not hold it against you.  But the spiritual world seems to respect nothing but power; if I am a ten year old with a gun, I might as well learn how to use it to make sure no one threatens me and mine."

Player

snugglyrum Avatar

snugglyrum

Post by snugglyrum on Aug 6, 2022 11:01:14 GMT -5

"Who in the bloody hell would to use my powers? So far the shinigami just kill me for being alive, not even entirely sure why. The blue mages summon fire to burn me to death just cause I am not one of them. The demons looked at me and forced me to have a seizure. The fates, do not even get me started on that shit. So, from were I seem to be sitting, refining anything is a complete level of improbability. I practice, and something says "DO NOT DO THAT JANUS". I try and help, someone I am helping or have helped shows up and kills me because "My bosses said to do it." I mean shit if it was just one set of fascist fuck wads I would be okay with it, but there is like ten organizations of more military might than the United States and NONE of them seem to actually have leadership that does not act like a bunch of bullies on a playground with twenty friends. So, Gaia, if you find a group that would let me do ANY of that, I would probably gladly help them, but that has not happened." Janus pointed out in a tirade. She ended her long winded rant with a drink.

Player

Fullbringer

I have nothing to say.

Niji Avatar

Niji

Post by Niji on Aug 9, 2022 9:29:04 GMT -5

In a world that respected power, and took anger at small slights, someone that was as...unpredictable as Janus made enemies.  The fact that Niji had not made any particularly dangerous enemies herself was a small miracle.  "You are not wrong.  However, if any of these organizations truly wished to do good, another is likely step in to stop them."

Her eyes gained a faraway look, as she thought about the alternate life she had been forced to live.  "But fuck the fates.  If those bastards want to say things have to be a certain way, if they want to keep threatening you, we will find a way around it.  There is not a set way things have to end up, they are just another organization like the Shinigami that want it to be their way or the highway."

Niji sighed, giving a slight shake of her head, "Perhaps I dismissed the Red Lotus too easily.  I do not think Val was an accurate representation of what the organizations wishes to do.  But even she approached you in peace, did she not?  I need to look more into the organization, it is made up of people like us, I think they have the potential to do great works in the world for other mortals.  Surely, as they live in this world, they have an interest in making it better."

Player

snugglyrum Avatar

snugglyrum

Post by snugglyrum on Aug 9, 2022 10:15:25 GMT -5

"I mean, I guess? All the futures I saw of entering that coffee shop ended real badly. Mostly because I was basically a thermonuke they could abuse since all of them are really really strong. Val... val, the red ball of death with the space laser." Janus stated, obviously not remembering the plan to get Niji more powerful by having Janus stand there and get killed. That and the repeated death at the hands of Fate.

"Like I said, you find one and let me know." Janus stated and then shifted her weight as she sifted through the futures to make sure there was nothing bad going to happen to her. Then again that never seemed to stop things from being bad to her, at least these days. Janus had more to think about and even more to wonder why it was happening at all. The only problem with being a Diviner, was curiosity. Leave a locked door in the middle of a puzzle and by noon there would be five Diviners trying to figure out what was inside, and three that already got in.

"Well, no worries, anyway I have to go do a quick job finding a lost puppy. So, let me know how it goes and do be careful." Janus said and went to grab her greatcoat, it was hungry again.