Bleach Hereafter RPG

Cat and bird II: Entwined souls

PLAYER

Always expect the unexpected!

Tadashi Ryoga Avatar

Tadashi Ryoga

Post by Tadashi Ryoga on Nov 1, 2022 16:07:48 GMT -5

Ryoga was still bummed about the whole thing and did kind of want to keep on arguing, but the other side currently merged with him advised to leave their sister room to breathe. The shadow dragon quieted back down. "Alright. I'll make sure nothing supernatural comes even remotely close to Leon." He would conclude, before being prompted about his mother.

"Oh, right. Father's request remains the same. My mother's request is what is new here...with the whole world ending sky cracking thing I think she wants to do something about it." The dragon said, tip of his tail wagging slightly. It was all an hypothetical, but the thought of Niji becoming his guardian seemed to be making him rather happy.

"She wanted to slap a quincy bodyguard on me for quite a while, someone she could trust. I haven't told her about you being Gaia or anything but as I said, she is pretty skilled at...knowing people's worth. More than likely, and this is the Runar side of me speaking mind you, she will want to have a private conversation with you or both of us."

He paused to check on Milo and Lance, but the two were doing fine and the shark was behaving, so he returned his attention to his sister. "Would you agree though. To be my guardian I mean."
Last Edit: Nov 2, 2022 1:50:27 GMT -5 by Tadashi Ryoga

Player

Fullbringer

I have nothing to say.

Niji Avatar

Niji

Post by Niji on Nov 11, 2022 10:01:53 GMT -5

Where was all this coming from? While her family had a fairly long history with the Tadashi family, she owed his mother no such particular favor. She had ‘met’ the woman once when they were celebrating Ryoga’s birth, and she had been less than ten. Not to mention, guardian was a very loaded word. Legally becoming his guardian, it would be unusual, if not entirely unprecedented. But if Ryoga hadn’t informed his mother of the Gaia-Niji connection, it seemed unlikely that she knew exactly how strong the fullbringer was. Ryoga was no spiritual lightweight himself, but assuming she was strong enough to defend against anything that was a threat to him was even stranger.

It was unclear, and she wasn’t even sure what Ryoga thought the term meant. Surely he didn’t think that it meant he would come and live with her, did it? That would be entirely out of the question, she and Leon were set to get married, and they would be starting their own family.  Niji sighed, her voice back to being collected and calming, ”I think we should speak with your mother first. Becoming your guardian would put you in more danger than I think she is aware.”
Last Edit: Nov 11, 2022 10:05:37 GMT -5 by Niji

PLAYER

Tadashi Ryoga Avatar

Tadashi Ryoga

Post by Tadashi Ryoga on Dec 15, 2022 12:42:51 GMT -5

"Probably. As much as she tries to have absolutely everything under control, she isn't perfect. But, you know. She's my mom. While I kind of hate she doesn't have much time for me, I still appreciate her trying to keep me safe and in the company of something" The shadow dragon would quickly interject, tail waving left and right at a slow pace. "I also assume you're gonna let me meet Leon yeah? If I am to protect him, he might need to meet...well...everyone." He would soon add. "Hm. I do wonder what would happen if he were the one to wear a sensui. He's not spiritually awakened but perhaps if you take the reishi from the atmosphere..." Ryunar trailed off, mumbling to himself as he looked over to Milo and Lance. He never actually tried having a normal everyday man wear one of his super specialized artificial bodies. Perhaps it could help him further refine the whole process. Definitely could serve as additional data and studies he could do, which are always a good thing. He wasn't one to grow complacent, especially since these suits were his magnum opus. Mother may have given him the tools but the masterwork had been sculpted on his efforts alone.

Player

Fullbringer

I have nothing to say.

Niji Avatar

Niji

Post by Niji on Dec 16, 2022 13:04:06 GMT -5

Niji considered the Quincy for a moment, the boy meant well, but he didn’t really always think things through. Really, given their previous conversations, he should have known what her reaction was going to be. She started softly, giving him the news he wanted to hear first, ”I will, of course, introduce you and the gang to Leon, he is already aware of their existence and would be happy to meet them.”

The Fullbringer continued on before her friend could start making elaborate plans, he was sure to be overjoyed that he and the sensui would be able to meet Leon, but she needed him to focus on what she said next.  She held up a finger, her voice once again taking on the tone that made it clear that what she was saying was not up for debate, ”However, under no circumstances will you put him in a sensui. You have just told me hybridization is mildly addicting, and you already know my concerns about personality merging. For all you know there might be withdrawal symptoms that you are immune to because of your natural enhanced reiatsu. Leon has no spiritual pressure beyond that of a normal mortal, and he will not be your guinea pig for experimentation.”

Her piercing blue eyes locked onto hybridized youth, ”Are we clear?”

PLAYER

Tadashi Ryoga Avatar

Tadashi Ryoga

Post by Tadashi Ryoga on Jan 13, 2023 18:34:31 GMT -5

"Fineee fineee. I am sure there are no withdrawal symptoms. Merging with souls is not a drug, but it is definitely a pleasant experience. It feels really nice." The Ryoga side of the dragon seemed to relent. "I just thought it would be a good thing to give him the means to protect himself. Besides, aren’t you even a bit curious to know what kind of artificial soul he would be compatible with."

He stretched himself and looked over to Milo and Lance. "Alright then. I suppose that should be all for the night. Wouldn't want to keep you from your things...even though I wouldnt have minded more Nizaku time." He concluded, looking at the dark sky above. "I'll try to get my mother to meet with you when you can, outside business hours would be easier but maybe we need some kind of excuse to be together while we talk outside of bad snooping little people's ears."

With that, the hybrid was pretty much done. Outside of the problem with keeping Lance under control, everything went well. He was happy to spend a little bit with his big sister again. Lately it had been kind of hard to get ahold of her.