Bleach Hereafter RPG

Stumbling Into Trouble

Player

Better Vamoose Outta Here

vance Avatar

vance

Post by vance on Aug 26, 2022 17:29:38 GMT -5

"Shootist- a dead word in North America during the wild west for the Quincy who choose guns over a bow. Unique because a Gun has a cartridge, so realistically any human could use them. Like Dragons in British Isles, Hollow ain't world wide, so Quincy over there came up with new ways to fight things that couldn't just be hurt by a Heilig Bogun. Silver shells infused with reishi kill transforming humans pretty good." Vance said in the same southern accent that all three of the men seemed to have.

"Well, pleasure seeing you, pleasure meeting you." Jacob said tipping his hat as he towards the door. At least, he thought, it would be a bit before M called him again. Though the fact was that he had been seen by a member of that family, which meant he was no longer able to hide for a bit. He started whistling again another vibrant tune.

Vance sighed and started filing his report on his phone. This presented a lot of problems that could not be solved by him. Maybe, he could pawn it off on Lazarus. After all, that group of psychos was not one that Vance wanted to see ever again. Just the stories made him creeped out, seeing one, was worse.

"Well, that about wraps this up, I ain't gonna be able to catch that thing no matter how hard I try. I can't teleport, if you see something else weird, let us know, and if you want a job, I'd call that number if Iz you." Vance said, he needed a drink. "Unless you want to go meet the boss, but that deal, sure as hell is with the devil's kin."

Player

What is it that makes you tick...

Lazarus Jeager Avatar

Lazarus Jeager

Post by Lazarus Jeager on Aug 26, 2022 19:27:31 GMT -5

He gave a nod and slight bow to the Toso as he took his leave, looking about the place with a sigh as he wiped his brow. Once again that same offer was put on the table, abandon his race and work for some human organization, or stay and eventually be on the receiving end of whatever this organization really was. In all honesty Lazarus had been struggling to keep himself from leaving of his own volition before the offer was even presented to him, he wanted answers to questions nobody bothered to listen too. The fact that threats outside of hollow and shinigami existed, and that they did things like this to gain power, it was something he couldn't leave alone. He needed answers, and despite what it may cost him in the long term, he was willing to bet he'd get more from this OGA than his Quincy brethren back home.

"I'll be honest with you Vance, I'm tired of being in the dark when it comes to everything the realms have to offer. Until today I didn't even know things like that monster existed, let alone whatever else is out there. I've never been much of a purist when it comes to our people, and I can think of a handful of reasons why accepting the offer might end in my eventual death..."

for the first time since they've met, Lazarus didn't boast a calm or sarcastic demeanor, more so he resembled someone on the precipice of abandoning everything they knew to be true. There was confliction in his eyes as he spoke, but his words carried the weight of someone who desired knowledge, even if they knew the potential outcome. He had been trained into a soldier, taught to follow orders and do what needed to be done, no questions asked. yet he would lay awake at night and ask the shadows of his room the very questions that ate away at him every single day, he needed to know what was worth fighting for, and who he was truly fighting alongside.

"...But I can't keep going back to a life where I don't know what's going on, never knowing how to deal with things like what we say tonight, or going back knowing nobody will care to look into it. If you can tell me this organization of yours has those answers then I'll go with you to meet your boss without a seconds hesitation, I can't keep fumbling in the dark like this forever."

Player

vance Avatar

vance

Post by vance on Aug 27, 2022 19:09:44 GMT -5

"I want you to understand, you asked for a deal with the devil." Vance said as he walked up to the door that said "employees only" and the OGA van pulled up. Vance pulled out a key and slid it into the door and opened door of midnight black. "After you mister Jaeger."

Vance would follow him through the portal a few seconds after.
The entry to the OGA was a massive lobby, complete with a zen garden, and a water feature. There were three receptionists at the desk and some were answering calls and last was directing people based on their request. From the front it seemed very efficient.

Vance walked to the table and signed a form while making small talk before taking a visitor tag and handing it to Lazarus and heading to the elevator, he scanned his badge. The elevator opened and Vance walked in and held it for Lazarus. "Tell the Reich, and we will obliterate their pathetic dimension." Vance said as he scanned his badge again, and his eye then pressed two floors together.

A light jazz song played as the elevator seemed to go on forever, the floor reading every which until the number 666. In fact, there were a few symbols for floors that made no sense at all. The door opened to a lobby. This one more like a waiting room, with only one door, an office that the name letterhead simply said M.

Player

Lazarus Jeager Avatar

Lazarus Jeager

Post by Lazarus Jeager on Aug 28, 2022 8:20:04 GMT -5

"Perhaps I'll end up in some folk lore down the road myself then..."

While it was meant to be a joke, his tone made it sound more like an after thought than anything else, following the other to the door and walking through it. He wasn't sure what was to be expected, but a normal lobby seemed a bit to normal for him, looking around at the garden and water feature in mild confusion. To be fair he had no idea what to expect, but for things to be this tame meant that it was probably the employees who held all the mystique and terror.

He didn't respond to the threat to his peoples realm, well, depending on his this meeting went they might not be his people anymore. It was daunting to think he was on the cusp of throwing it all away for the sake of knowledge, but then again there were plenty of allegories for just such a situation. The elevator was interesting, and some of the symbols seemed foreign to him, like looking at a language you didn't understand. There was one problem with what he was doing though, and it was eating at the back of his mind. He was ultimately abandoning his place and his people to join strangers, by all accounts that made him a traitor, and by all accounts that meant he could do it again. It wasn't something he planned to do if this went well, but it was likely going to be the label tacked onto him for the rest of his existence, though if Vance was any judge of character, perhaps it wasn't all bad.

As they stepped out of the elevator and into the smaller waiting room, he looked at the door with slight apprehension, turning to Vance with a raised brow. He wasn't sure he he should let him knock or if he should reach out and knock himself.

Player

vance Avatar

vance

Post by vance on Aug 29, 2022 13:30:59 GMT -5

Vance left Lazarus in the waiting room by scanning his badge and waiting for the elevator. He got in and as the doors closed he started whistling some old Sinatra song. The room was silent, and the door to the office seemed equally imposing as the save point before a boss battle in a video game. Tension from everywhere, and yet everything was calm.

A few moments later, the door buzzed. When Lazarus would try to enter, the door would open up as if it could merely sense that he needed to enter. The door from the waiting room to the office simply read "M. S. Director of Operations, The SI". The inside was more like a large lift than an office, complete with a full bar and a number of computers with different things scattered across them and a young individual sitting behind a large desk. It looked female, but was not even close to feminine.

The sign on the side wall carried that same motto. "Shoot it, or Recruit it." Then there was a plaque in the back. It read. "The Knights of Kay." On the next line, "The free Masons." Then again. "The Seekers," "The Knights of Catherine." "Illuminati." "The Protectors." "The Kingsman" "The Special Section." "The Men in Black." "The Rangers." "The Other Government Agency." "The Roswell Rapid Response Team" "The Shadow of the Archmage." "The Carnaki College." And finally, in large letters. "The Spangler Institute, Founded 617."

M was currently at it's desk moving around papers to try and find something. To the point where it climbed onto the desk and then began to seethe in a anger at not being able to find what it was looking for. "SHOW YOURSELF!" M said before saying something under its breath and a stack of papers seemed to part, by cowering away from the enraged being until one sat face up.

"There you are." M stated and then looked up, and slowly got off the desk and back into it's chair. "Mister Lazarus Jaegar, Quincy, specialization reishi-based spell coalescence, physical age 27. Actually a pureblood though like the few smart ones you seem to pick and choose to look over earth. Better with a blade than a bow, not too unlike Mister Holiday, though you don't share his unique problem. Welcome to the Spangler Institute." M stated politely and offered a hand towards one of the empty seats.

Player

Lazarus Jeager Avatar

Lazarus Jeager

Post by Lazarus Jeager on Aug 29, 2022 14:07:56 GMT -5

There had only been a handful of times when Lazarus himself was genuinely afraid of an outcome, though through the hairs on the back of his neck standing up and the sense of dread creeping up his spine, his feet carried him through the threshold of the doorway and into the office. By all regards it was an amazing office, and he took a moment to admire it before that creeping feeling in his spine grabbed hold again, hearing and watching this scream at paperwork. to his dismay the paper moved as if it had a mind of its own, he hadn't heard anything from the man when it happened, but given the nature of the organization displayed to him so far, he assumed it was witchcraft. He had been left to make this deal alone, Vance leaving him was likely a blessing, however in this moment it felt as though he had been condemned.

He would take the offered seat, more or less knowing that what this entity was listing off happened to be from a report from Vance when they first met, though the age and swordsman information might have been new. He'd take a moment to look about the desk itself, then let his eyes trail up to meet the feminine individual before him.

"Spangler Institute, interesting to know the name of this organization, or rather it's current name. Honesty is usually the best policy, so honesty it it, I'm tired of being clueless when it comes to anything and everything about this realm and the others, I'm here because I think your organization has answers to questions nobody else will listen to."

Player

vance Avatar

vance

Post by vance on Aug 29, 2022 15:51:28 GMT -5

"It has had any number of names over the years. I change it when any of the SS branches find it, when someone tries to kill all my agents, or when I get bored of calling it something." M stated before cracking its back with a forward flex that would have ended in some form of spinal snapping for any normal creature.

While the amount of power M had felt, rather much smaller than the Quincy Emperor, M seemed act like it knew everything. Which was it's advantage over everyone else. That and because trying to explain what M was, more or less would confuse anyone looking at them. "Well that depends on what questions. We fight a lot more wars with other dimensions than your fine bow hunting friends. Our focus is a little more, real. We don't have some beaucratic bullshit that was outdated five hundred years ago in charge. I am in charge, and my mission statement remains pretty simple, shoot it, or recruit it. Get with the program, or get the hell out of our way."

M stated. "So, what do you want to know? Our heathcare or life insurance policies, are with the new hire packets..." M said looking around his desk and pulling out a drawer, full of drawers, and pulling out another drawer from that drawer with a giant packet before snapping his fingers and a large handbook came out of nowhere. "Now, before we get started, you can say no at any time, but if you tell anyone about this place, I will have you, all your friends, all your family, and most likely every Quincy you ever talked to, well assassinated. I might just drop the good doctor or Prometheus right into Wandenreich, just to watch it burn." M pointed out.

"Though, right questions!" M stated in a now-cheery mood. "What would you like to know?"

Player

Lazarus Jeager Avatar

Lazarus Jeager

Post by Lazarus Jeager on Aug 30, 2022 7:34:21 GMT -5

He kept hearing that threat, that they would kill everyone and everything in his home realm as well as Lazarus himself. For most people it would likely be a valuable threat, but he hated his family and didn't care for the other quincy much at all, and if they were to kill him he doubted he didn't deserves it, though he didn't mention any of this to the androgynous person before him. He'd start with a few of his simpler questions to gauge how much he'd have to study on his own and how much he'd be told about.

"Well first of all how many others species of things are there that are spiritually aware, I don't even know what we stumbled upon tonight. Secondly, do you have a library of sorts to study these creatures, and lastly, how effective are my arrows against these things."

Arguably the most important questions for him to have answered, as if he needed tech or gear to help dispose of these beasts he'd want to know immediately. He also wanted to know what kind of information they had on other beings, and if it related at all to quincy in general, or even what they had on quincy. If there were a section for spells he'd be sleeping in the library at that point, depending on how behind he was on the things that troubled this world he might just put a cot in the library and become a permanent resident, if they had one/

Player

vance Avatar

vance

Post by vance on Aug 30, 2022 10:34:08 GMT -5

M looked at Lazarus and blinked then went looking for its keyboard to bring up images on the numerous monitors of grotesque looking humans, that had probably had definite issues with their gene pool. The one thing that every image had, was the eyes, the depth set green eyes. There were hundreds of images, the images flashed of the infernal family. "Inbred %#@##$#@! worshipping infernals. They're high spec humans, they get more powerful by consuming others like Hollow. Cannibalism, every bad thing ever." The word that M spoke, was not discernable by human ears. Whatever he had called the thing they worshipped, it hurt just to hear it.

"Oh, uhh what do they call them here? Great Old Ones. Though, it could have very well just been dragons or hollow way back when. They believe in some prophecy that if a certain few of them have a kid it will antichrist like obliterate the world or let them rule it, changes depending on what whack job in the family you ask."

M stated before adding. "Against Gunther? Like you trying to shoot a Shinigami captain, so probably not much? Killin the older ones is a lot harder than killing the younger ones. If you think they're bad, try dealing with with a dragon, or the druids, fates or a pissed off witch. Or one of the Hell idiots. Or an actual Great old One."

Player

Lazarus Jeager Avatar

Lazarus Jeager

Post by Lazarus Jeager on Aug 30, 2022 15:26:07 GMT -5

Already he was getting more here than he was back home, though it was interesting to find out how much of fiction was actually real. The images did their job in making his skin crawl, and the eyes all being that eerie green color didn't help much either. All things considered he got off lucky with Vance calling back up, had it turned into a brawl they both would have likely been killed without much effort.

"As a spellcaster of sorts I do wonder what kind of information you have one that, is there some sort of library or data base for most of this stuff, I'd likely spend hours at a time there. I also know from Vance that there's an R&D type department here, would be interesting to see that sometime."

It was a lot to process all at once, thankfully his strong suit was digestion of information, and he was already setting aside space in his proverbial mind palace for all of this. He had already come to the conclusion that he was likely not returning home after this meeting, but the ease with which he was getting answers so far was enough to strengthen his resolve in the matter. It would complicate things if he had run ins with his kin, but unless they had a real reason to come to the human realm they usually kept to themselves, he was only ever in the realm to get away from them. His lack of connection to his own race was viewed as sad by some, by others it was one step away from being a traitor, but none of it mattered to him. If this entity before him decided to drop a nuke in physical form into that realm he wouldn't shed a tear for anybody in it, simply go about his day and wonder how many would die yet again for going to the shinigami's realm.

Player

vance Avatar

vance

Post by vance on Aug 30, 2022 16:07:44 GMT -5

"Doctor Fredricks runs RnD, just don't ever use her real name, and you won't get mysteriously turned inside out. There is, we have our own information area, just called the Catalogue. Though most information is easily accessible from a SI terminal, with a badge." M stated as it slid into it's chair and then turned slowly so that it was standing on it's head with it's legs over the top.

M wriggled his nose and then looked at Lazarus. "I am, the greatest spellcaster that ever lived and ever will. So, let me assure you, we have quite the magical library." M stated, more or less as a simple stated fact. "So, what will it be kiddo? Gonna sign your life away or go back to serving a dimension that cares more about hiding from people who don't do anything while they obliterate more of Earth Daily. That reminds me." M said kicking off a shoe and grabbing the phone with it's foot. It used its other foot to push numbers on the phone.

"Get me the good doctor and tell him to get the monster and his sister, go get Gaia and bring her back here in a really violent way if she says no."

Player

Lazarus Jeager Avatar

Lazarus Jeager

Post by Lazarus Jeager on Aug 31, 2022 7:46:02 GMT -5

If this had been some ancient story in a lost tome in some ruins, Lazarus would be the person in the story about to sign his name in blood to some ancient evil for a piece of power or lost knowledge. Perhaps one day it might even come to pass as just that, but until such a time this was reality and he was going to do what he needed to in order to get what it is he wanted. He couldn't go back to his old life of doing nothing but waiting and training for a war that wasn't going to happen, not after everything he's witnessed in this realm.

"I came here looking for answers and it seems you have them, just tell me what I'm signing and where I need to sign. If it's between sitting and doing nothing or finding out the mysteries of the universe and fighting them, I'll take the latter."

He hadn't been given any actual contract or anything to sign with, so he'd wait for something to be presented to him. There was something about the good doctor he remembered Vance saying, but it escaped him at the moment, his mind just wrote off the thought for later. The code names for some of these people were interesting, he wondered if he would get one at some point, or if it was reserved for stronger senior members.

Player

vance Avatar

vance

Post by vance on Aug 31, 2022 10:28:35 GMT -5

M went looking for the Agent contracts and with a few choice words from obviously dead languages, and a few that actually hurt the brain to hear, like nails on a chalkboard, M found them. The contract was roughly 400 pages, explained all the duties of a basic field agent, hours, bonuses for information from other organizations. Hazard pay was covered in section four, harassment in six, something about deals with aliens in nineteen, insurance and benefits in seven. Rules on blood sacrifices in twenty and authority over more human law enforcing in ten. Oddly, section thirteen seemed to have no writing in it, just a blank page. Use of the PD, and requisitioning them from the PD members in section twenty two.

"Read it, sign it, then report to orientation with a vial of your blood tomorrow, floor sixteen, if you need someone to draw it for you the med center is on twenty eight. Your badge will be at your assigned desk. Field agents are divide into detective, active operations, and research. If you need a black suit, you can get one from floor thirty one, but the armor-form-fitting with tactical option suits require a bit of time to make. They can take your measurements on thirty one as well. Cafe is open all day. We also have a food court during centurion hours 6-30."

Player

Lazarus Jeager Avatar

Lazarus Jeager

Post by Lazarus Jeager on Aug 31, 2022 14:19:19 GMT -5

While he maintained his composure for the entirety of the information given to him, he was mentally sprinting to get all of it down without having to ask for the other to repeat it. One of these days he'd have to talk Vance's ear off about what all these floors were about and spend at least a day or two to familiarize himself with them, though his current objective was going to be finding the café and reading through all of this over the course of the next few hours. Given he couldn't take it back to his home realm, and the fact that he didn't have any other place to stay at currently, he'd have to go with the fact that this café didn't close.

"So floor twenty eight, sixteen, and then after that thirty one for the suit. I'll go down to the café and get started on all this, I'll just need a pen so I can sign it, would they have some in the café?"

He'd stand to get ready to leave, picking up the four hundred page novel of a contract. They better have coffee or he was going to be ungodly amounts of tired by the nights end, though it wouldn't be the first time he's gone a day or two without sleep while reading. Lazarus would offer a hand to the individual seated at the desk, looking over his shoulder at the door he came in through as well.

"Also how do I navigate this place, Vance scanned an ID card to get me here..."