Bleach Hereafter RPG

Lost in the Shadows

GAME MASTER

Wandenreich - Soldat

Memories broken, the truth goes unspoken...

Hibano Avatar

Hibano

Post by Hibano on Nov 7, 2022 6:35:02 GMT -5

Hibano

So that was the true nature of the Hogyoku. It was not just an "ancient artifact", it was a weapon, created by the Shinigami to drive people like him extinct. That... posed even more questions. Why is the Hogyoku then the only method by which his mother's soul could be free, what was the connection there? Who was that person who told him about the Hogyoku in the first place? Why was it scattered across the dimensions, instead of being in the hands of the Shinigami?

That the Shinigami were up to no good was no surprise to him. Niji was vehement in her hatred of them during their first encounter, and the first Shinigami that Hibano met gave a rather poor impression of the race. They couldn't be as villainous as Leonina implied, nobody was, not even Arrancar... but perhaps she was correct in that they were someone he should watch out for.

"I... see..."

Leonina's theory was that Remus wished to use Hibano to ensure that this powerful weapon does not fall to the hands of the Shinigami yet again. The Emperor did not give a hint of knowing about his quest for the Hogyoku, but seeing how much he already knew about the teen right as he stepped foot in the citadel, that was not out of the question. Perhaps he knew even more than Leonina did - perhaps he could tell that only someone like Hibano could manage this task, and save all of Quincykind.

"I suppose... that gives me a duty to protect everyone else, not just fight for myself and my mother..." he spoke to himself, and nodded in confirmation when Leonina asked him whether he understood the matter. He did, and he could imagine the gravity of this conflict, too.

Hibano rose to his feet, and tightened his fist, newly determined.

"I... think I've settled, now. I'll join the Wandenreich. And I'll make it certain - all of the pieces of the Hogyoku will be recovered, by my hand. I will save my mother, and I will save Quincykind from another tragedy."