Bleach Hereafter RPG

Shoot it, Or Recruit It I [Niji]

Player

Fullbringer

I have nothing to say.

Niji Avatar

Niji

Post by Niji on Oct 15, 2022 7:25:59 GMT -5

Niji narrowed her eyes at M, ”The Tuath Dé are one of my strongest and staunchest allies. I will not betray their trust by employing any ‘unpleasant methods’ while working with them.  In addition, for any negotiations I would have with them, I do not need, nor do I want, an unstable element like the Third Seat coming with me.”

She shook her head, thinking back on her interactions with the Hageshi Rekka, ”As I said, the man is both eager to please and erratic. He would say the wrong thing, or agree to an offer he did not realize he was making. The Fair Folk would tear him apart and feast on his essence.”

Leaning back slightly from the director, she looked at the stone sphere, ”Something that would disable this is most likely held by the phantom queen as a guarantee against the Moirai. I am on good terms with her, and she may even just loan it to me if I let her know our goal is to wipe out the three.”

The feather was a different question, and one that made little sense; she assumed that the British Museum was an entirely mortal organization, she had worked some of the board on occasion in her professional capacity, and never sensed a lick of spiritual power, ”At the risk of underestimating you, you have attempted to just offer obscene amounts of money to the organization to take possession of the feather, correct?”

Player

Better Vamoose Outta Here

vance Avatar

vance

Post by vance on Oct 18, 2022 9:29:48 GMT -5

"My apologies, seems sometimes I can talk too much for my own good. Having eons of magic in your head can do that. I wanted you to remove the Iris in nasty ways. From the tuatha the OGA needs Loki's sheers and what you idiot humans refer to as the Gay Bulge. I would prefer if the Queen was treated like a queen. Maybe that way she will return my cards next year." M stated and pulled out a small sword in a sheathe from somewhere on it's person and handed it over politely to Niji, with a bit of actual reverence.

"It belongs to the Queen, I believe it is time to return it to her. Use it as leverage or a gift. However, like Pandora and her box, do NOT take this out of it's sheathe." M stated and then leaned back as he thought things over. "Sadly, the insanity part is non-negotiable, the omniscience is stupid, but necessary to get information on the whereabouts of my lost agent. However, if he does insult anyone in the Tuatha, find out which Elder is currently torturing my agent, then kill him.  In answer to your Query, yes, millions, was a total waste."

M stated, he had enough problems without bringing his apprentice and her family into it. If Rekka was useful, he would find out what he wanted and get the OGA what it needed, if not, he wasn't like Niji. His goals were too self-serving, and it could be dealt with.
Last Edit: Oct 18, 2022 10:18:46 GMT -5 by vance

Player

Fullbringer

I have nothing to say.

Niji Avatar

Niji

Post by Niji on Oct 21, 2022 18:36:10 GMT -5

Niji took the sword and promptly the entire blade, sheath and all, was covered in a layer of stone; she was no Pandora, and her curiosity did not outweigh her sense of self preservation. She narrowed her eyes slightly, it seemed unlikely that M would stop being so dismissive of humanity, whatever the director actually was, they clearly had a view similar to the Shinigami about mortals. The woman shook her head, ”While I am sure that they will appreciate the return of Claidheamh Soluis, Cúchulainn has too much of his story, his essence, tied to the spear, and would be unwilling to part with it, even temporarily.  Not to mention, even if he was; the technique to use its full strength it is known only to him and the lady of Dún Scáith.”

She gave a small shrug, ”I imagine the shears will be simple, but if the belly-spear is needed, there need be other avenues. I called upon the Dagda during the Battle of Broken Skies, and with the amount of reishi I bartered with, he struck with lorg mór. I could potentially arrange for a similar visit from the warrior at the right time if you are sure the spear is required.”

The fullbringer sighed, apparently bringing along the Shinigami was non-negotiable. Unfortunate; though, it wasn’t like Niji would actually have to kill him if he insulted the Tuath Dé; they’d handle that all on their own.  Her voice was firm as she continued, ”I have no intention of acting against the fair folk. If one of your agents did something stupid and one of their number is now torturing him, I can get you a name, and maybe even negotiate on your behalf.  But little more than that.”

She shook her head, might as well be blunt with the director, she got the vague feeling M would appreciate that more than being demure and submissive about suggestions, ”And, in the future, do not use stupid nicknames or obfuscation with me.  I am well versed in mythology, particularly when it comes to the Tuath Dé.  You know the proper names of these things as well as I do, trying to hide the fact just needlessly endangers me when I could take proper precautions.  Further, it is not wise nor prudent to reduce their artifacts to petty jokes like Gay Bulge. If you did that within earshot of their court it is no wonder you need a negotiator.”

Player

vance Avatar

vance

Post by vance on Nov 7, 2022 22:37:51 GMT -5

"There is a dam good reason I am going to use an intermediary like yourself. I do not care about the fae. Probably because of the amount of damage my apprentice did and their connections to them. Anyway, I don't want the spear, we have no one here with the knowledge or strength to use it. We need the power of propagation that the barbs of the spear have to beat the Iris. We would gladly take another item with the same powers of propagation if you know of one. The only other would be something Frankenstein made but pissing that man off is far worse than the Fae." M stated from experience, the power was needed to overload the Iris when it was transferred. It would make more sense if he were to explain the Iris and his plan but that was not yet in the cards.

"My agent is being tortured by an Elder, the Red Cap has enough connections to the outer dark to know where. I doubt they would have taken one of mine captive. After all, though I do not care for the Banshee, I don't think I have ever acted directly against her." M said, he was more interested in information and ways to get ahead than starting a third front of battle to fight.

Player

Fullbringer

I have nothing to say.

Niji Avatar

Niji

Post by Niji on Nov 11, 2022 17:55:44 GMT -5

Niji shook her head, ”As ridiculous as this conversation sounds in my head, Cúchulainn is unlikely to loan out the Gáe Bulg; and the barbs are part of the technique that he and the lady know, the spear will not do it for anyone. Would the uchide no kozuchi serve the same function? I will be honest, I do not know exactly what you mean by ‘power of propagation’ but it sounds as if the mallet would serve. I have not dealt with any spiritual forces beyond the fair folk and the kami, but if they exist, the horn of plenty or the Sampo may be options as well. Neither of these three options have as much emotion or history tied to them as the Hound’s weapon.”

The Fullbringer's face remained a passive mask at the next comment, she got the distinct impression that M tended to piss off a good deal of people, spiritual beings, and possible literal gods without realizing it. The director of the Spangler Institute was clearly garbage at not talking down to people. Entirely possible he offended one or multiple of the tribe with a poorly thought-out word. Odds are most of her ten hours a month would be smoothing over whoever the individual in front of her had managed to piss off in the last week.

Player

vance Avatar

vance

Post by vance on Dec 12, 2022 18:16:22 GMT -5

M blinked, that was a really good idea. The wizard definitely caught a good one with Niji. "Those are actually great suggestions, which of them would, in your opinion be easier to obtain, even for a short period. As stated, it was for the function. Not to steal something that neither myself nor my organization has any additional use for. Or the temperament to possibly go crazy and do a lot of damage. So long as you can get any of them to the Armorer, I think it would be fine to choose the one least likely to piss everyone off." What Niji did not know was that she had hit the nail on the perverbial head. M was, in it's mind, one of the gods that it constantly insulted simply because it was that good at magic. Hell, it wouldn't be a stretch to call M, as it was now, Magic Incarnate. The thing she did not realize is how limited this made its influence on the world.

If anything, the amount of personality that Niji had coupled with the diplomacy she was willing to use made her already an extremely high valued asset. Where as beings like the Armorer, the Good Doctor and even Gray to a lesser extent had the ability to deal with most problems. They were in no way shape or form the kind of people that diplomacy was a high priority, and most of them had enemies abound even for reasons as basic as, I played god so people tried to kill me and all my work on more than one occasion.

Player

Fullbringer

I have nothing to say.

Niji Avatar

Niji

Post by Niji on Dec 16, 2022 13:26:32 GMT -5

Niji sighed, clearly the Spangler Institute did not have a particular good dossier on her abilities, but given she hadn't really explained them to anyone that they might have been able to get it from, that made sense.  She turned away from M, holding her hand out in front of her, she focused her reiryoku, and a small man, no taller than a few centimeters, suddenly manifested, standing upright her palm.  The small being looked up at the Fullbringer, and she spoke softly to the tiny being, ”Issun-bōshi, who has the uchide no kozuchi right now?”

The inch-high Samurai responded, too quiet for anyone but Niji to hear, and she nodded, ”That is wonderful to hear, do you think I would be able to borrow it for a…” She glanced over her shoulder at M for a moment, ”Maybe for a day or two, in the near future?”

The tiny being bobbed up and down, and Niji channeled more reiryoku into the spirit, ”Great, thank you for your time, give your wife my regards.”

The spirit dissipated into golden flecks of reishi, and Niji turned fully back to M, a vaguely satisfied look on her face, ”Well, there we are then, power of propagation dealt with. Just let me know a few days in advance when we need it, Issun-bōshi can be a little forgetful at times; so I need to ensure he will be ready to deliver.”

Player

vance Avatar

vance

Post by vance on Mar 28, 2023 12:02:41 GMT -5

"Then all that matters is the Red Cap and Grey's location. As well as the issue of Fates needing a whole lot of violence to be inflicted. Along with the rescue of Mister Grey from something from Beyond. Can you prioritize Grey, we will send others to gain more openings against the Fates until we have enough set up to halt the Iris and kill them." M stated as he rearranged priorities, which only put, Tendo, Doctor Frankenstein and the Red Lotus above the Fates as far as current problems went.

He would have listed his own apprentices along that same line but as they had not directly attacked or done anything recently, they were more or less removed. Plus, having a friend of the Fae like Niji around meant they might not be such an issue in the near future. "I would warn you, that you might want to approach all this with a more open mind, the Soul Society and their branches are so limited in what they care about and can see that it can cause, issues to say the least." M pointed out referring to the fact that they had done more harm than good recently and she had been in the middle of it. That and people who usually dealt with Shinigami and hollow were not as used to things like Fae, relations that mattered and things from the outer dark.