Bleach Hereafter RPG

Just like the rumours

Player

I have nothing to say.

Cole Avatar

Cole

Post by Cole on Oct 30, 2022 10:40:30 GMT -5

For whatever reason, the voices of his blade began increasing in volume shortly after he mentioned Nezuel again. Low murmuring that always lurk in the back of his head turned to incoherent screaming. Loud enough that it was nearly painful, and he missed the Vice Captain’s answer to his options.

It faded nearly as quickly as it had come, but apparently it was clear to the man sitting across from him that something had happened. Or maybe the man had finally had enough of being close to his strange aura and just wanted to get back to whatever he was doing, ”No…no, I am fine. My zanpakuto is just acting up again. Still trying to puzzle out the mystery of this blade.”

The rookie glanced over his shoulder at the handle of the weapon, shook his head, as near as he could tell, he wasn’t making hardly any progress with it. Nonetheless, he stood up slowly, it seemed he was being dismissed as politely as Muimina could manage without just ordering him to leave.  He hadn't really gotten a clear answer though, or maybe he had and his zanpakuto had just drowned it out, ”Though, I must apologize and ask you to repeat yourself. Did you want me to make a tracking device for you, or contact the Arrancar myself and arrange a time for us to meet?”

Cole pulled out his spiritual phone and nodded at the man as he collected his things, ”Either way, this matter shouldn’t go through messengers, and it may be best if we had a method of direct contact.”

GAME MASTER

13th Division Captain

Partake the cup of my wrath

Muimina Hyakuji Avatar

Muimina Hyakuji

Post by Muimina Hyakuji on Nov 11, 2022 5:14:22 GMT -5

無意味な 百事
護廷十三隊 - 1st DIVISION

𝖳𝖠𝖦𝖲:

It wasn’t that too difficult for Hyakuji to notice the slightest change in the man’s expression, while he initially assumed it was merely from being too drained by the demanding duties of a death god, the Vice Captain was beginning to suspect something must have been bothering the foreign shinigami other than the obvious factors. Yet, he was not someone to pry over others’ businesses. Cole seemed to be a mature person, surely, he can handle whatever problems coming his way, right?

The Vice Captain listened further and was informed that it was the result of his zanpakuto acting up. It was the first time he heard someone having troubles with their zanpakuto, interrupting their daily lives like this, making him a little bit concerned.

However, the man avoided the subject entirely by reverting back to their original discussion.

“Yes, if you please. I want you to devise a tracker for the arrancar. If he is so keen on invading… err.. joining in Soul Society, he would want to go here as soon as possible. I might not be able to come down to the World of the Living as much as I’d want to. But special missions might make way for it. Still… I’d want to keep an eye on him.”

Of course, this new arrancar might not be that of a threat to him and the Captains, but it is important to be wary even of the minute stuff. A speck can turn into a ball of dust if not attended after all.

Hyakuji watched as the other shinigami prepared himself to leave, his eyes studied the man for a while. That tired, almost soulless look… he had seen that before… in a mirror, though the thought passed by like a wind unfelt.

“Well then, I’ll see you again after you craft the device. Thank you for your help, Alexander-san. Take care."

[319]

Shadows still hunt us in broad daylight.

Player

I have nothing to say.

Cole Avatar

Cole

Post by Cole on Nov 11, 2022 9:07:49 GMT -5

Cole nodded, ”You too, Vice Captain.”

The rookie turned around and left the office, already planning on how to put together the tracking device.  The Vice Captain wanted to take the lead; hopefully the man would let him reach out to the Arrancar when it was time to approach.  A powerful Shinigami showing up unexpectedly was probably the stuff of nightmares for hollows and their evolved forms.

Sometime in the next few days, a small package would arrive for the Vice Captain, attached was a note with barely legible handwriting.

Vice Captain Muimina,

Enclosed is a device attuned to Nezuel’s reiatsu signature. When you are in the same plane as him, an arrow and approximate distance will appear on the surface. It was simpler than anticipated, I was able to piggyback on an existing tracking effect that had been placed on him (perhaps by his teacher). Let me know if you have any questions.

~Dr. Alexander

Said device consisted of a ring of bronze roughly the size of the man’s palm engraved with all manner of sigils and runes that were entirely incomprehensible. Tied into the metal at four points was a blank piece of bone white cloth; there was a faint thrum of energy in the device, but it seemed inert at at the moment.