13th Division Captain

Partake the cup of my wrath

Muimina Hyakuji Avatar

Muimina Hyakuji

Post by Muimina Hyakuji on Oct 12, 2022 9:15:27 GMT -5

無意味な 百事
護廷十三隊 - 1st DIVISION

𝖳𝖠𝖦𝖲:

The long night of celebration in honour of the Captain of the 13th Division eventually came to an end, with the stars and the moon giving up their borrowed light from the sun, and the ball of light slowly reclaiming its glory for another day.

First, its hands stretching from the horizon, eventually overcoming the shadows in the forest, illuminating perhaps even the darkest and most hideous places. It was as if a new hope had truly been birthed. Maybe it was just an illusion, perhaps, a make-believe. Only time would really be able to tell.

It was not that the former Captain had been irresponsible or neglecting his duties. He was in fact, amongst the diligent. However, his health was not something to be taken lightly, even his subordinates felt pitiful of the condition of the hardworking man.

As such it was quite a relief for them that someone youthful and vigorous would take his place. More so, they were happy that their beloved captain would finally focus on his recovery, even a slow one.

In other news, the light struck past the translucent curtains of the Vice-Captain’s room, irritating his sensitive eyes, and waking him up from his slumber.

Hyakuji groaned in discomfort, not because of the early morning greeting of the sun, rather, the hangover from his drunkenness last night.

The man was known to be a terrible drinker amongst his closest colleagues, but last night, he was not with them, or so he thought… and so, as the long-haired death god shot up from his bed, he tried to remember everything that happened, though the only thing he could take a mental note of was his time with Maria.

He could only hope he didn't do anything careless in his inebriated state, or that, he was no longer with her when he got himself intoxicated.

Well, that’s something to worry about for another time.

For now, he had to get ready as he moved one step closer to finally achieving his dream for his beloved he just lost recently.

In all honesty, it was quite difficult to move and continue performing his duties, let alone take a bigger responsibility of handling an entire division, where he barely knew anyone nor learned of the ropes of how things were done in this department. And yet, he could not show any frailties, even the slightest of pain through whatever manner.

He had to collect himself, and act as if nothing had crippled his seemingly firm and strong heart. On the inside, he was slowly breaking apart, having lost his lover for the nth time. Perhaps it was best to let go of such feelings, though he knew it would be hard.
Making himself busy and distracted with the duties and responsibilities of Captainship was the only solution he could think of.

After getting rid of the last trace of alcohol, and whatever hint that might indicate he had been drunk last night, he’d hurriedly leave his room, heading to the First Division Meeting Hall.

Here, he would meet his new colleagues, a set of leaders most death gods esteemed and had high regard for.

This would be the first step of fulfilling his vow.

[539]

Shadows still hunt us in broad daylight.

ADMINISTRATOR

Shinigami

There are many causes I would die for, but not a single cause I would kill for.

Momoshiro Avatar

Momoshiro

Post by Momoshiro on Oct 13, 2022 6:12:25 GMT -5

TURNING THE PAGE
PART 2: THE PROMOTION CEREMONY

1ST DIVISION BARRACKS - CAPTAIN'S MEETING HALL

The large, heavy doors to the meeting chambers opened slowly to reveal the solitary silhouette of Muimina Hyakuji. Some of the Captains turned their heads to look at the newcomer, others just glanced, and some didn't bother at all. The 4th Captain, Avasarala, smiled warmly. As did Hayato and some others. The twins whispered to each other and the 5th Captain pushed up his glasses. Daisho narrowed his eyes behind his mask, suspicious as was his nature.

Captain Commander Katsumoto, however, simply beckoned the long haired Shinigami into the hall to stand before them. The walk up would likely feel miles long and somehow insurmountable. Without ill-intention (for the most part) the Captains of the Gotei 13 gave off an intimidating reiatsu presence. Having so many gathered in one spot even made some of the lower level Shinigami in the 1st Division Barracks several floors away feel uneasy as if an unseen weight was upon their shoulders.

Hyakuji was no slouch though. An impressive candidate and an accomplished Shinigami. He would be able to shrug off the effects easily and continue forward.

As he walked between them, the other Captains either acknowledged him with a smile, a nod, or just completely ignored him as was the case with 3rd Captain Tadashi Sawamura. The long haired man yawned into his palm and then stared off into the distance. He had no ill feelings towards Hyakuji, but he hated these kinds of ceremonies and was already bored. His head started to lull as his eyes closed and he began to drift off to sleep. That is, until Avasarala nudged him awake and gave him a stern glare. He sighed and nodded, trying his best to focus his attention on the ceremony and Hyakuji.

Sawamura was one of the Seireimon Gatekeepers, along with Ojiro from the 7th, and 10th Captain Hayato. They were responsible for safeguarding the gates that lead into the Seireitei and ultimately, the city itself. Former Captain Shishio was the 4th member of the small group and as the new 13th Division Captain, Hyakuji would be taking over that role. A responsibility he no doubt had pondered upon before today.

Muimina would stand before Captain Commander Katsumoto. The leader of the Gotei 13 stood from his chair and walked up to the newcomer. He was handed a black box from his Vice-Captain Miles who had, until now, remained off to the side. The two had worked together in the 1st Division and Miles was happy for Hyakuji. He nodded to the candidate before retreating back to his previous spot.

Katsumoto opened the lid of the box to reveal a brand new white haori, the symbol of the 13th Division displayed prominently. He gestured for Hyakuji to place his hand on the haori.

"Today we welcome a new Captain to our ranks."

Katsumoto peered into Hyakuji's eyes.

"Repeat after me."

"I swear to uphold the defense of the Soul Society, the Seireitei, and the Rukongai."

He would pause after each sentence to give Muimina time to echo him.

"I swear, as a Gatekeeper to protect all of those within the Seireitei and to be diligent in my duty to patrol and defend the lands within my jurisdiction."

Another pause.

"I swear to uphold the laws of the Soul Society as written by the governing body, the Central 46, and to bring to justice anyone who would break them."

Another pause.

"I swear to lead my Division with the respect and dignity that merits my new station."

Katsumoto would watch him, almost studying how he repeated the words.
Last Edit: Oct 13, 2022 6:13:35 GMT -5 by Momoshiro

GAME MASTER

13th Division Captain

Muimina Hyakuji Avatar

Muimina Hyakuji

Post by Muimina Hyakuji on Oct 21, 2022 3:03:03 GMT -5

無意味な 百事
護廷十三隊 - 1st DIVISION

𝖳𝖠𝖦𝖲:

In the limited times he encountered the Captains of the different divisions, Hyakuji had not once felt intimidated by their reiatsu, or merely by their condescending glare.

Perhaps it was because he knew he had nothing to fear, maybe it was because of his confidence in his own self… perhaps, it was the distrust that he had formed deep within, and the belief that he could do better than the most lazy among them… Perhaps he just simply knew his capabilities well, and while lacking in experience, he knew he’d be striving until he could get on par with even just one or two of them.

He’d respond with a slight smile to those who offered, he’d offer the same snob and stoic look to those who did, as if reflecting their own reactions like a mirror.

Once he arrived at the centre,next to the Captain Commander, he’d bow in respect to him first, and then to the Captains who attended the ceremony.

He’d do as instructed of him, placing his right hand on the haori, particularly placing it above the 13th Division insignia which prominently showed even while the haori was folded.

“I swear to uphold the defense of the Soul Society, the Seireitei, and the Rukongai.”

He said without any hint of hesitation, albeit, he added the words “... and the World of the Living, and protect the mortals from any threats that may come their way,” in his mind during the pause.

In the absence of his lover, he had never felt more responsible for the Earth now that it had been threatened with the likes of the demons. Of course, he’d always choose peace. But what if it was the last thing these underworld creatures wanted? He had to put up a fight.

"I swear to uphold the laws of the Soul Society as written by the governing body, the Central 46, and to bring to justice anyone who would break them."

He repeated, like a broken record. Word for word. If he were in his earlier days as a shinigami, it would have merely been lip service, being the lazy, rebellious man that he was. Yet, things had changed, and he understood what duties and responsibilities meant. He saw it first hand in his lover, who had pushed him to go to where he would be now.

He could only hope to live up to it, and continue serving unselfishly.

"I swear to lead my Division with the respect and dignity that merits my new station."

…until I draw my last breath.

[433]

ADMINISTRATOR

Shinigami

There are many causes I would die for, but not a single cause I would kill for.

Momoshiro Avatar

Momoshiro

Post by Momoshiro on Oct 22, 2022 14:16:50 GMT -5

TURNING THE PAGE
PART 2: THE PROMOTION CEREMONY

1ST DIVISION BARRACKS - CAPTAIN COMMANDER'S OFFICE

After the formal ceremony in the Meeting Hall, most of the gathered Captains congratulated Muimina on his promotion, others like Daisho and the Twins disappeared rather quickly. Off to continue what they would consider "more important" duties. There was some small talk, laughing and teasing among them until eventually they started filtering out one by one until it was just Katsumoto and Hyakuji left. The younger of the two now draped in his new white 13th Division haori. The Captain Commander gestured for Muimina to follow him as he left the hall from a side exit and walked through the corridors of the 1st Division barracks until he came to his own office.

The open-air balcony style room gave a grand view of the Seireitei. Across the length of the room was a small desk and chair. The desk was not ornate or grand. Neither was the chair. Katsumoto walked around the desk, set his sheathed zanpakuto to lean against it and then took a seat. If he hadn't already, Katsumoto would gesture for Hyakuji to stand before him.

"Remind me how you take your tea?"

Depending on the answer, Katusmoto would instruct a nearby assistant Shinigami to fetch two cups, one for each of them. After the assistant left to prepare the tea, Katsumoto would look upon Hyakuji in their new haori, a visual illustration of their new promotion.

"I'm very proud of you."

The old man smiled. His white mustache turned upward as his cheeks rose.

"You've grown in leaps and bounds in such a short time."

He turned to look out across the office to the open view of Seireitei.

"I have a feeling we're going to need your strength in the near future. Something is..."

Suddenly the assistant returned and Katsumoto turned back to the table, dismissing the thought. He waited for the tea to be poured and then when Hyakuji was ready, they both took a sip. He smiled again as if nothing was wrong and then continued.

"So.. the 13th Division. Lets talk about the future..."

The two of them would discuss plans for the Division and various other details for some time until it had grown late. The sun was starting to set. Katsumoto looked down at their empty cups and then back to Hyakuji.

"Well, it is getting late. Anything else on your mind before end the day?"

GAME MASTER

13th Division Captain

Muimina Hyakuji Avatar

Muimina Hyakuji

Post by Muimina Hyakuji on Oct 22, 2022 19:54:22 GMT -5

無意味な 百事
護廷十三隊 - 1st DIVISION

𝖳𝖠𝖦𝖲:

It was not that long of a ceremony as he thought, and most of the Captains seemed pretty much accommodating. Based on this simple event alone, he could already tell which among them he would get along well with, and who amongst them would be a little tough to deal with.

As soon as Hyakuji finished entertaining some of the Captains, he would follow the Captain Commander towards his desk, the long haori elegantly fluttering as he walked by his commander’s side.

“You know I am not fond of tea,” Hyakuji smiled shyly, “But I can definitely pour one for you.” It seemed Katsumoto had been forgetting the littlest things about him, though, it really didn’t matter. He could understand the pressure, and all the stresses that might have been weighing down on him; especially recently, that the world had been threatened by an experiment he allowed under his watch.

Soul Society, and the rest of the other realms, perhaps, were still recovering from the world-shattering force. Not to mention, the persistent trouble the demons and other lowly creatures were making.

Hyakuji would begin the little ceremony, grinding the tea leaves in a mortar and whisking it to a desirable consistency. He would pour the freshly made drink to both their cups, take his own, bow to the Captain as courtesy, twist the cup twice and then drink it for himself.

The Captain Commander would be able to remember this was not the first time they had done it, as he had invited the young man and did the same ceremony before his Vice-Captainship.

“Arigatou gozaimasu, Katsumoto-taichou. It was because of your supervision and guidance that I am able to get to where I am now,” Hyakuji noted his Captain’s uneasiness, which was thoroughly evident in his expression. The raven-haired man understood it. His work as a Captain had only just begun, and he was certain there would be many threats that would come along the way.

They were still far from the peace they were trying to safeguard, especially that the other forces might be turning against them.

“I understand my responsibility, Taichou. And I hope I can somewhat ease your worry by saying, I will be your sword against any threats that may come to Soul Society, and the shield that defends it. I will do what I can to strengthen my division and continue the legacy Aritaka-taichou has left behind.”

“...As for something that bothers my mind, I will leave that for our next meeting, if it’s alright. You must have been tired since yesterday and I would not want to cause further stress to you. Please, rest well.”

[446]