Bleach Hereafter RPG

Bruises and Scars

Player

Fullbringer

I have nothing to say.

Niji Avatar

Niji

Post by Niji on Oct 10, 2022 20:51:33 GMT -5

The fullbringer shook her head, ”At least, that is what I have been calling it.  The sky appeared to shatter; the realms began to bleed into each other in a catastrophe that might have resulted in the end of existence.”

Even though a bit of time had passed since the fight under Tendo's shop, other things had happened.  Even though she was able to cleanly separate the nihilistic monster from her adoptive sister, the loss of what could have been still stung.  Her eyes became distant for a moment, as if recalling a painful memory; she shook her head, as if banishing the thoughts, ”I suppose the mortal media was saying it was some sort of solar flare. My understanding was that it was viewable across all the realms; but I suppose the Quincy realms may not have been affected.”

She patted the man lightly on the shoulder, a sad smile crossing across her face, ”I appreciate the offer, but I have been talking to a therapist about what happened that day, and we are working through it. There is no need to burden you with my own problems.”

What she didn't say, of course, was that those that were responsible for the near apocalypse were still at large. Perhaps...perhaps some day she might tell those in Haven about her plot. She would certainly bring Ikazuya here eventually, and while she had not seen him since the battle, Yoshinori might have some insight and aid as well.

Player

What is it that makes you tick...

Lazarus Jeager Avatar

Lazarus Jeager

Post by Lazarus Jeager on Oct 10, 2022 21:38:49 GMT -5

He hadn't heard of anything like the event she spoke of, but she was right about it having trouble reaching their realm, likely due to its nature and placement, though he was not all knowing on the subject. Given the severity of the situation he was more surprised that they hadn't gotten involved directly, but that would have defeated the purpose of them hiding in the first place, plus his Majesty might have foreseen it and simply known it would be resolved without need for them.

"Well the offer will always be extended to whatever troubles you, and while I don't have the degree to help, I don't cost an arm and a leg an hour to listen."

He had made no obvious signs of pain, nor any noise of protest when she placed a hand on his shoulder, but he had to stop himself from reflexively flinching at the contact. This had probably been the closest that the two of them had been to one another since his arrival, strange how this close she seemed completely normal, nothing like the titan of power just a handful of minutes ago when she let her power flow freely. Lazarus offered her a similar smile in return, shrugging a bit as he laughed at his own statement even as it came out.

"If I ever get some of that human realm currency you'll have to give me your therapists number, gods know we don't have any back home."

Player

Fullbringer

I have nothing to say.

Niji Avatar

Niji

Post by Niji on Oct 11, 2022 20:28:37 GMT -5

Niji frowned as she shook her head, ”I suppose it should not be particularly surprising that the organization that raises children as soldiers does not have good mental health care.”

She thought for a moment, then beckoned for Lazarus to follow her again, she glanced back with a slight smile, ”Just to be clear, I am not actually some primordial Greek deity; Gaia is an alias. But I try, though it is increasingly harder these days, to keep my spiritual and personal lives separate.”

They walked towards what Lazarus might be able to determine was roughly the center of the biosphere. They came to a hedge that spanned floor to ceiling; the plants covered in wicked thorns and golden flowers. As she approached, the hedge opened, allowing the two to pass through into what could only be described as an idyllic glade. There was a beautiful weeping willow that shadowed an elaborate stone chair adorned with precious gems. There was a small garden with a few fresh vegetables, and a lightly steaming hot spring lined with stone.

Niji walked past it to a simple house made of wood and stone; ”But…I will tell you that even in my mortal life, money is not a significant problem for me. Wait here a moment.”

She disappeared into the house for a few seconds, coming back holding a small card, which she handed to Lazarus, ”This is a pre-paid credit card. Should you ever need to flee from the Wadenreich, this should be enough for you to get by for a few weeks, at least. It is as good as cash in most countries. I give it to you with no expectation of repayment, nor any debt or obligation.”
Last Edit: Oct 11, 2022 20:28:59 GMT -5 by Niji

Player

Lazarus Jeager Avatar

Lazarus Jeager

Post by Lazarus Jeager on Oct 12, 2022 15:17:32 GMT -5

He said nothing as they walked, simply looking at the area as they came to the massive wall of thorn and flower, raising a brow as they passed into the interior of the obstructing foliage. This place was what he imagined would be the picture for nature in a dictionary, if they had pictures to begin with, serene and peaceful. Lazarus had assumed that she was more than likely mortal, though confirmation of that fact was better than wondering if she was in fact some mythical god. Knowing what they had discussed now, it made sense as to why she'd take up an alias, and given her powers it helped solidify the ruse. He watched the door open and close as she entered, taking the few moments by himself to continue to admire the area, raising a brow as she came back out and offered him the card. Brows raised at the gift, the look of shock on his face evident as he reached out and took the small card.

"Given my exchanges with Nezuel I suppose this is a change of pace, thank you for this, a kindness I doubt I'd find elsewhere..."

He placed the card in his back pocket, looking about the place again, enamored by the tranquil nature of this place.

"If I had to venture a guess, is this where you come to let out that excess energy you mentioned earlier, theres a lot more here than in the other parts of the biome, plus the house and all."

Player

Fullbringer

I have nothing to say.

Niji Avatar

Niji

Post by Niji on Oct 12, 2022 18:11:39 GMT -5

”Think nothing of it; it is little to me, but it will be precious if you find yourself in a situation where you need it. Nezuel seems a very transactional individual, but does not follow his own rules. The first time we met he insisted on trading questions back and forth, and tried to get in extra questions whenever he thought he could get away with it.”

She offered a small shrug, ”I would be cautious what you promise him; I do not expect generosity from that one.”

She began to stroll back towards the hedge before she noticed Lazarus was looking at her haven within Haven. ”Originally, yes; this is the center of the biosphere and where I began my release of energy. Eventually, when coming down here became a weekly occurrence, I combined it with other activities; be it reading, sleeping, gardening, or just getting some paperwork done.  But after Takano began inviting people, I felt an additional barrier against disturbance may be helpful.”

Niji smiled faintly, ”The hedges ward against anyone aside from myself appearing directly within them, and I would caution you not to test the thorns, either.  On occasion I will bring my fiancé down here; we both have very active lives in the normal world, and being able to just get away from it all is nice; and I would rather we not be interrupted.”

Player

Lazarus Jeager Avatar

Lazarus Jeager

Post by Lazarus Jeager on Oct 13, 2022 15:24:51 GMT -5

An interesting form of warding to allow for privacy, something he might have to discuss with her in the future if he happened to find a hideout of his own. Turning from it all, he would follow her out of the hedge walls, staring out at the biosphere. He was deep in thought, his expression a mixture of concern and apprehension as he mulled over his options at present.

"Well you're right about Nezuel in that regard, though I did happen to swing the bargain in my own favor when we made the transaction. Originally it was a fight and the winner got a favor, I managed to talk him into giving me a favor anyways. While I wanted to use it to get an invitation here, I must have made a decent impression because I got here for the low cost of free, and still have the favor. Not sure what I'd use it for, but I'm sure there will be times when I'll need an assist, or just an easy way to get in and out of here. As it stands I've got no means of coming and going without some form of instant transportation, though maybe Takano can make something on the fly to help with that."

He thought about the gates they used to get into and out of Wandenreich, but it was too risky to try and recreate it here, as it could become a way in for others than himself. Outside of the garganta Nezuel made for him, he didn't have a means of travel over long distances, something he might have to consider fixing in the future.

Player

Fullbringer

I have nothing to say.

Niji Avatar

Niji

Post by Niji on Oct 14, 2022 22:32:42 GMT -5

Niji gave a slight shrug as the hedge closed behind her, a seemingly impenetrable wall of greenery, ”I will have to tell Nezuel that there is no charge for coming here.  But one of the Quincy I know can move around and possibly between worlds fairly instantaneously, so the techniques exist within your people.”

She placed a finger on her chin, considering, ”But, until you learn that particular ability, I can move people around the world; it is how I brought Takano and Nezuel here together on Nezuel’s first visit. It will not always be possible, and almost certainly not at a moment’s notice, but if you can send me a desired time and coordinates from a less ‘settled’ area, even something like a park, I can try to get you down here.”

The fullbringer offered a small shrug as they began walking towards the lab again, ”Earth to earth only, unfortunately, I have no power over connections to the other realms. I can give you a few burner numbers that I can be reached at, or provide you with a burner phone to get in touch with me when you are on earth. Inter-realm calls are still only on the spiritual network controlled by the Shinigami, as near as I can tell.”

She gave a slight shrug, ”Not sure how we work around that limitation yet.”

Player

Lazarus Jeager Avatar

Lazarus Jeager

Post by Lazarus Jeager on Oct 15, 2022 13:06:27 GMT -5

It would make sense that other Quincy might have found a work around for the problem in question, something to chew on mentally for the time being. Gaia brought up a good point in way of communication, while having the numbers would work well enough, if he didn't have access to a phone at all times it might defeat the purpose.

"A burner phone with a few of the numbers in it would likely work better, until I can find someone who would be willing to make or sell me a spiritual phone. I'll try and look into some of the realm travelling books back home for answers on the other problem, I'm sure there's at least a framework for the method in some old dusty tomes. If I do leave soon I'll have to do some research on this realm, how everything here works, where I'd least likely be found at..."

His words trailed off into silence as they walked, working through several things at a time in regards to how he would go about doing any and all of these things. There was one option for him, but he knew too little about that group to join so soon, he'd have to come across the Quincy he met before and gather more intel. Needless to say, Lazarus now had options, before coming to the human realm, and Haven more so, he didn't have a plan for what would happen after he left. Now there were more reasons to leave than stay, and he could get behind the plan here at Haven, Takano's work being of great promise if he figured it all out.