Bleach Hereafter RPG

Jumping Ship

Player

Continuing to slaughter, kill, take. Life is to constantly sin. Life is evil itself.

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Oct 8, 2022 19:18:12 GMT -5

It was the human world, night time, the starts above painting the blackness of the void above Nezuel as he moved through the street.  The scene would have been a rather poetic one, he supposed, if it wasn't for the blaring alarm that was going off again and again at just the right pitch and intensity to be annoying.  It was't his fault that the alarm was going off...but the rock that had been thrown through the shop window...ok, maybe he had thrown it but he had a good reason.

He was leaving the world of the living soon and needed supplies.  In the worlds he knew to exist there was only one that he could be safe in...the shinigami's realm.  From his understanding, Soul Society had an area around it where normal souls lived, thrived, died...and perhaps so close to the seat of the shinigami the hollows the queen sent after him wouldn't dare attack.

Somehow he didn't have that much hope in that gambit.

Unable, or perhaps unwilling to rob a store in the shinigami world, he was currently stuffing his backpack and pockets with different amenities.  Toothpaste, shampoo, toilet paper...everything one needed for an extended stay. Maybe he could find a nice spa or underground area to turn into a home away from home.

Glass hit the ground and broke into smaller pieces as Nezuel stepped out of the store, looking around the street and he started to head away...trying to find a spot to check his haul over.

PLAYER

I have nothing to say.

Hageshi Rekka Avatar

Hageshi Rekka

Post by Hageshi Rekka on Oct 9, 2022 3:42:39 GMT -5

Fiery scarlet eyes, long, flowing ebon hair with the back tied into a waist-length ponytail, youthful and confident East Asian features...

A maroon military uniform, a black cape, and a peaked cap with a sunburst emblem...

Hageshi Rekka races through the night!

The Third Seat had gone on Living World patrol tonight out of a growing gut feeling that something was going to happen. What it was, he had no idea, but he knew that he had to be the one to respond to it and not any other Shinigami in the entire Gotei 13 aside from maybe Hyakuji or Yoshinori. Soon, his suspicions would be founded when a security alarm blared somewhere down the block. He immediately started for the source of the sound, getting even more suspicious when not a single police car or concerned citizen was to be seen anywhere near the vicinity. No shouts of aggression or pain either. No gunshots. And most notably...

An unmistakable aura of Hollow.

No, Arrancar. Rekka had encountered enough Arrancar to tell the difference between the sapient beings and their less-evolved, more bestial kin. And this one, a young-looking man who looked like an emo of some kind, fortunately wasn't keen on devouring any human souls. He was, however, breaking and entering a store to rob supplies, and was absconding with various human toiletries.

"Do Arrancar even poop?" Rekka wondered louder than he had intended, hopping down to the ground to observe the theft. "Anyway, stop in the name of the law, Arrancar!"

The unknown Arrancar thief appeared to be roughly on Rekka's level at base, though the Shinigami suspected his own Enmado's power could easily overwhelm the white-clad man if the situation called for it. As such, Rekka drew his blade and issued a warning.

"Identify yourself. And explain why you'd steal Human World stuff your kind doesn't even need. Probably. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law or whatever passes for one in these parts. I swear, the spirit realms need a better legal system."

Player

Continuing to slaughter, kill, take. Life is to constantly sin. Life is evil itself.

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Oct 9, 2022 8:08:00 GMT -5

Nezuel's face was inside one of  the small plastic bags he had crammed items inside when he heard the voice that called him out for his actions.  Face to face with a tube of toothpaste, he spoke out loud, smiling at the first question spoken out loud while answering the first.  "Are shinigami being loaned to the human police now?" he asks, moving his head out of the bag, avoiding the straps on the side...those things were truly terrible, a being could get caught up in such things.  With his head out he looked up and the man, the shinigami.  He'd known it was one of the soul reapers due to the riatsu signature but he needed confirmation on how...confident this one looked.

It seemed like the haul he'd gotten today wouldn't be a clean sweep.

"I'm planning a trip." he'd say bluntly after a second or two of trying to determine just what exactly to say or reveal to the man in front of him.  "And your other question can be answered by yourself, arrancars are basically the combination of hollow and shinigami, you have bodies in the same way we do...so do you poop?"

He tossed the bag onto the ground and tilted his head, thinking.  "I don't think any human court would be able to prosecute me...they have something about being judged by your peers and if you get a few hollows in the same room...well....and Soul Society." He gestured with a hand to the shinigami.  "Likely doesn't have any court proceedings for hollows besides the one you currently have drawn."

He shrugged,  "So, you're going to lay down some precedent it seems...what's your decision?"

PLAYER

I have nothing to say.

Hageshi Rekka Avatar

Hageshi Rekka

Post by Hageshi Rekka on Oct 9, 2022 8:47:55 GMT -5

"I think the better term is loanword," Rekka shrugged. "Ya see, I'm a bit of a human culture fan, but no, I work exclusively for the Gotei."

The Arrancar appeared to have gotten his head stuck in a plastic bag, which was strange because he somehow knew about human police tropes but not about plastic bags. This set his age as being present during the 1800's but not the 1960's, which was overall unusual, to say the least. At last, the man extricated himself from the flimsy container and addressed the Shinigami's other questions.

"I'm planning a trip. And your other question can be answered by yourself, Arrancar are basically the combination of Hollow and Shinigami, you have bodies in the same way we do...so do you poop?"

"To be fair, I was of the notion that Arrancar fed exclusively by cannibalizing Hollow souls and converting them directly to Reishi, thus forgoing digestive tracts entirely," Rekka explained. "Furthermore, Hollows don't exactly have the prerequisite anatomy for a standard human body plan, what with your holes and all and why the heck am I speaking with such apparent erudition. Anyway."

"I don't think any human court would be able to prosecute me...they have something about being judged by your peers and if you get a few hollows in the same room...well....and Soul Society. Likely doesn't have any court proceedings for hollows besides the one you currently have drawn."

"Fair... I've played enough Brilliant Barrister to know how human courts work, just couldn't get into the live-action TV dramas." Rekka lowered his blade, but still kept it drawn just in case. "Lucky for ya I'm not the type to slash first and talk later. If ya wanna travel I can take ya anywhere, and I'll even pay for the stuff ya stole."

"But first, it's generally a sign of goodwill to give your name. I'm Rekka by the way."
Last Edit: Oct 9, 2022 8:49:46 GMT -5 by Hageshi Rekka

Player

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Oct 9, 2022 9:30:23 GMT -5

Nezuel narrowed his eyes at the shinigami.  He still had his sword drawn but was still talking to him...somehow it still surprised him how amenable shinigami were to speaking to hollows once they looked like them a little.  Then again after possible hundreds of years killing mindless beasts that ate and killed others...the skew could be explained.  "At the risk of sounding evil we can feed on any souls, not just hollows but also human and shinigami." he looked at the sword weilding man.  "And actual food is more of a delicacy...imagine eating a myriad of weak souls like normal hollows as eating bark or slop...you can survive but the taste..." he shook his head, attempting to get rid of the idea.

"I can't quite tell you where I plan to go." Nezuel would say and he considered his options. "But I would appreciate you paying for these goods...I don't have any human currency, I'm afraid." as if the emphasis the point, he turned out his pockets.  "As for my name its Nezuel." he waited, curious his his name was known in the shinigami circles.  This was a third seat, somewhat high in the rankings, if he understood it right.  Would information about him meeting other shinigami, possibly a blonde one, have been released yet?

"If you want to know where I plan to go...I might be persuaded to give it to you...if you beat me in a fight.  I admit I have a lack of experience when it comes to fighting shinigami in this body and I'd love to get a chance to try it out more.  You beat me...I tell you, I beat you...you owe me a favor."  He looked around.  "But not here...humans could be harmed."

He spoke a few words and disappeared as a kido spell mixed with a garganta took him away at a frightful speed.  He appeared at a nearby field, releasing his riatsu to let the shinigami know where he was if he accepted.  At the very least he hoped he could try out some new kido...If the man didn't show up on the otherhand he could just go about his day as normal.

Iniative BtinRUXM1d100
1d100

PLAYER

I have nothing to say.

Hageshi Rekka Avatar

Hageshi Rekka

Post by Hageshi Rekka on Oct 9, 2022 12:49:25 GMT -5

"Whaddya know, learn something new every day," Rekka remarked. He realized that he'd spoken too soon; he was carrying the wrong currency for their current location and right now was a very bad time to get it changed. "Forget about paying, got the wrong country's money on me at the moment."

the Arrancar introduced himself as Nezuel, though he refused to elaborate exactly where he was planning to go. Now where had Rekka heard such a name before? Remembering all of a sudden, the young Shinigami burst into a peal of boisterous laughter.

"WAHAHAHAHAHA! NO WONDER YOU SEEMED FAMILIAR, MY FRIENDS TOLD ME ABOUT THIS EMO ARRANCAR HITTING ON SOME QUINCY LOLI AND GETTING ABSOLUTELY REKT BY HER. WAS THAT YOU? YA TRYIN' TO GET TO SOUL SOCIETY TO FIND THE SHINIGAMI LADY YA KISSED OR SOMETHIN'? YOU HAVE GUTS. I LIKE IT!" This continued for another few moments before the Third Seat composed himself. "Don't look at me like that. I don't have to engage in romance myself to find the trope ridiculously entertaining, and I'm pretty sure at least some people got a laugh outta the time Mother tried to get me married."

Nezuel then proposed a challenge; if he won, Rekka would have to take him to Soul Society. Apparently even a timid-looking Arrancar like him still chose to settle issues through combat, much like Rekka's old rival Rao and a certain theater kid Arrancar whose memory still grated on the Shinigami's nerves from time to time. He wondered what became of the two, as Rao was last seen fighting the Demon army just before the sky cracked and Fiore never returned from the Moirai Bank Heist. Perhaps the Demons or the malevolent Hogyoku being took out Rao, while Fiore probably got eaten by a Druid with a powerset specifically designed to counter his. Pushing the thoughts aside, Rekka took note of Nezuel moving to an open field to avoid human causalties, and cut open a portal using Enmado to follow after.

The fiery Shinigami emerged from a tear in spacetime just in front of Nezuel and took up a battle stance.

"I find it admirable that you prioritized human safety even as you want to fight me. But be warned: the vast majority of Shinigami think of Hollows as simply dangerous pests, and just looking and talking like a human won't change their minds. So, think of this spar as a test. If you can survive against a Third Seat with Bankai, you can at least hold off lower-ranking Shinigami. But I won't be taking you to Soul Society myself even if I lose, 'cause I won't commit treason for someone I just met. I'll show you where to drop off, but you have to swear not to kill any Pluses or Shinigami. If you do..."

"I will look for you, I will find you, and I will cut you down where you stand."

efMbK|NY1d100

1d100

Player

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Oct 9, 2022 14:22:06 GMT -5

The laughter wasn't too big of an issue but rather the fact that the information he'd given out to that quincy on the beach had been spread around.  He'd try being somewhat serious with the woman when it came to his woes and apparently she'd told a shinigami all of the juicy details.  But that might make some sense, she'd gone from being somewhat open to flirting to completely closed to it in the span of a few seconds.  That and her odd sense of seemingly assuming things 100% correctly.  If he ever saw the quincy girl again he'd have to ask her a few questions...assuming he didn't attempt to kill her on the spot for this.

More concerning at the moment was the fact that the shinigami seemed to know exactly where he planned on going.  It was odd but not overly so, after all he was already in the human world and he wouldn't need to plan a trip to Hueco Mundo, that only left one place left.

The shinigami's question for his reason to go to Soul Society was rhetorical, it seemed, since he continued to talk after them in his loud manner.  Even if they weren't should he really answer them when they came so close to another subject he should keep secret?  Who was to say that he didn't already know about the kido tracker on the arrancar...and his threat of finding him an easy task?  There was also no reason for him to tell the shinigami just how he had learned his lesson on romance.

"From my understanding," he'd start, looking at the shinigami's sword.  "Is that a bankai is something of note...how are you only third seat?"  He didn't really expect and answer from the shinigami since the favor from this fight wouldn't be honored and what he might gain from it was moot as well.  At this point they were just fighting for the fun of it. Of course the shinigami could go back on his words...and it wasn't like a bankai was something he could fight at his current level.  If Irisa had wanted him dead he would have been...it was the same with this shinigami if he lost this spar against him.

COMBAT TRACKER
SUMMARY

At-Will:

Bonus Action:

Standard Action:

Standard Action:

ACTIVE EFFECTS

CLASS Caster
ATTUNED: As a passive effect, your max Reishi is increased by 50, you regain 3 Reishi at the end of your turn, and all non-basic Kido spells cost -5 less Reishi.
POTENT: You start with the Enhanced Byakurai Basic Attack Spell and the cost is reduced to 6 Reishi.
TRAITS
INDOMITABLE: You gain +3 Damage Reduction (DR) per attack on your turn.
REBUKE: As an at-will effect when hit with any attack, you deal Reishi drain back to the attacker equal to the lowest rolled natural dice of the attack that hit you
CLEVERNESS: You have a passive +15% bonus to inflict a status effect from any source
TEMPERED: Your 1st Release Stage is always active, meaning it is a passive activation and you bypass the minimum post prerequisite that prevents you from using it at the beginning of the thread. You are still prevented from using your 2nd Release until the minimum post count has been met.
TECHNIQUES
REIRYOKU ABSORPTION: As an at-will action, choose two attacks that hit you during your turn. Siphon 3 Reishi from the attacker per damage die rolled on each attack. (1/3) -0 reishi

SPELLS
BAKUDŌ #41: KYŌMON (MIRROR GATE): As a bonus action, you avoid all but the highest rolled natural damage die from one non-critical attack that hit you. You deal the highest natural damage die back to the attacker as direct damage. If the attack would inflict a non-special status, you instead inflict that status back onto your opponent. No roll necessary. (2/2) -5 Reishi
BAKUDŌ #33: SŌEIGEKI (BLUE SLEET ATTACK): As a bonus action you have a 80% chance to inflict two stacks of the Cripple status effect on your target. Also inflicts a stack of special status effect Frostbite. Frostbite drains for 5 Reishi per turn and lasts for two more turns after Cripple is removed. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%. (2/2) -1 Reishi
BAKUDŌ #12: YŪGURE NO MANTO (DUSK CLOAK): As an at-will action you are immune to newly applied non-special status effects and negate the damage bonus from critical hits during your turn. Does not remove status effects you have been previously afflicted with. (2/2) -1 Reishi
BAKUDŌ #9: GEKI (STRIKE): As a bonus action you have a 70% chance to inflict the special Enthralled status on your target. Enthralled targets have one of their Standard Actions reduced to a Bonus Action for the duration. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%. (2/2) -1 reishi
BAKUDŌ #39: ENKŌSEN (ROTATING LOCK FAN) : As a bonus action you negate half the damage from two attacks that hit you during your turn (even critical hits.) (2/2) -10 reishi
BAKUDŌ #4: HAINAWA (CRAWLING ROPE): As a bonus action, you have an 80% chance to inflict two stacks of the Immobilize status on your target. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%. (2/2) 1 reishi
BAKUDŌ #7: KEIKATSU (OPENING REVIVAL): As an at-will action you restore 30 HP to self or a comrade. This is considered a Healing Technique (1/1)

ADVANCED SPELLS
HADŌ #70: SEISHIN MOKUHYŌ (SPIRIT TARGETING) As an at-will action, you convert one attack this turn into a Spirit Targeting attack. Spirit Targeting attacks are auto-hit and do not require an accuracy roll but do not deal HP damage or have secondary effects (major or minor) applied to the attack. The attack instead deals reishi drain equal to half the rolled damage. Spirit Targeting attacks cannot be mitigated via armor or DR effects. (3/3) 0 reishi
BAKUDŌ #61: RIKUJŌKŌRŌ (SIX-ROD LIGHT PRISON): As a bonus action, you have an 60% chance to inflict the special Pinned status on your foe. While pinned, your opponent must spend both of their next standard actions to break free. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%. (1/1) 10 Reishi
BAKUDŌ #73: TOZANSHŌ (INVERSE MOUNTAIN CRYSTAL): As a reactive bonus action, you either create a barrier that protects you and up to 2 allies against all non-critical attacks from your foe(s) OR as a regular bonus action you can trap your foe inside an enclosure. They are then forced to spend a Standard Action on their turn to break free. (2/2) 15 reishi
BAKUDŌ #99: PART 1 - KIN (FORBID): As a standard action, you have a 60% chance to inflict the special Sealed status on one target. While Sealed, for the duration, the target is forcibly removed from Shunko, Soul Trigger, Hollow Mask, and/or Released state. Also, for the duration, they cannot regain any Reishi. Cannot be used while the Release Tech Communion is active. (1/1) 15 reishi
BAKUDŌ #99: PART 2 - BANKIN (ULTIMATE SUPPRESSION): Using two standard actions, you have an 80% chance to inflict the special status effect Locked. For this to work the target must be below 25% of their max Reishi. While Locked, the character is out of the fight. If you are brought to 0 Reishi or 0 HP during the fight the Locked status effect ends. In a 1v1 battle the fight is won but you cannot kill them. (1/1) 20 reishi

RELEASE
The Tide: Barrage - 25 reishi
CONSUME: As an-will action, you have a 60% chance to gain the special status effect Glutton. When Glutton is activated, you passively siphon 5 Reishifrom your foe(s) for each Standard Action they used on their turn. You may target up to 3 enemies. (3/3)
CONDEMNING: As a passive effect any attack that hits you siphons -2 Reishi from the attacker while you are in your Released state.

REIATSU: 224,000 -> 448,000
HP: 80/80 | REISHI: 250/250 | DEF: 80 | DMG DIE: d12 | ACC: +30

1d100·1d100rZRzngUn
Last Edit: Oct 10, 2022 9:24:09 GMT -5 by nezuel

PLAYER

I have nothing to say.

Hageshi Rekka Avatar

Hageshi Rekka

Post by Hageshi Rekka on Oct 10, 2022 4:15:23 GMT -5

"I know that look, Nezuel. The Quincy you were talking to didn't leak your info," warned Rekka. "My friends just decided to eavesdrop while on patrol and told me after. But to answer your question, why I'm only a Third Seat even though I've got Bankai."

"Yaketsuke, Enmado." The blade in the young Reaper's grasp heated up to the searing red of molten metal in a matter of moments, with its handle remolding itself into a structure bearing more resemblance to that of a kitchen knife rather than a traditional katana. "There's several reasons for that, actually."

"One is that not every experience leading to my personal growth reflects on my track record in the Gotei 13. I've only been Third Seat for a year or so, while most of the other officers have been serving for centuries. Another one is that I simply haven't told enough people yet. Only one other Shinigami has ever seen my Bankai, and he's not one to spread rumors. A better example would be my old Kido teacher at the Academy. I always suspected she was holding back for no other apparent reason than she wanted to, maybe to encourage us that we stood a chance of beating our mentors if we trained hard enough, or maybe for the same reason I am. She seemed so content with her job that none of us could ever imagine her anywhere else. I'm like that too. I'm happy with where I am right now, having just enough authority to matter but enough freedom to cut loose every once in a while. If I got promoted, I'd end up like Senpai who barely has time for himself."

"Anyway, we're supposed to be fighting. Here I come!"

As soon as Rekka said this, the air around him became dry and oppressively hot, producing a thrumming sound as the Shinigami's molecules vibrated at immense frequencies. A heat haze formed around the Reaper, rendering his finer details blurred and oscillating, his glowing scarlet irises leaving a trail in the darkness. And then, he struck.

Rekka drew Enmado back along his shoulder as if to slash, but instead created a localized burst of both Reishi and air expansion at the blade's tip to propel himself forwards at Nezuel, aiming for the Arrancar's solar plexus with the pommel of his sword. This would be followed by a sudden uppercut to the jaw to send Nezuel flying, and once in mid-air, Rekka would go for a downwards diagonal strike with Enmado's pommel once again powered by another heat burst, with the intention of spiking the Arrancar's skull like a volleyball.

COMBAT TRACKER
SUMMARY
Put a summary here.
Rekka uses Tsukiyubi!
Rekka uses Hakufuku!
Rekka uses Strike!
Rekka uses Strike!

At-Will: Heatblast (Tsukiyubi) (+20 acc and +2 dmg tier )| -10 reishi cost

Bonus Action: Boosted Solar Plexus Hit (Hakufuku) | -5 reishi cost
Stagger Chance is 80% fukC8ofX1d100
3d6

Standard Action: Uppercut (Strike) | -0 reishi cost
Acc - 1d100+80
Dmg - 2d12
Status Chance (30%) (Stun) - 1d100

Standard Action: Spike (Strike) | -0 reishi cost
Acc - 1d100+80
Dmg - 2d12

ACTIVE EFFECTS
Release 1 Derp
Tsukiyubi: 1/1 turns

CLASS

FLAWLESS STRIKES
Each time one of your Strike Basic Attacks hit, increase the Accuracy and Damage Tier of further Strike Basic Attacks used on subsequent turns. Accuracy is increased by +5 (up to a max of +20). Damage Tier is increased by +1 (up to a max of +4). Both bonuses are reduced to normal (+0) on the turn following a successful crit roll.

INTENSE TRAINING
You start with the Enhanced Strike Basic Attack. As a passive effect your Enhanced Basic Attacks have a 30% chance to inflict the Stun status. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%.

PERFECT FORM
All of your Basic Strikes, Advanced Zanjutsu, and Advanced Hakuda Attack Techniques are perfected. Perfected techniques gain +10 Accuracy, +1 Damage Tier. Advanced Zanjutsu and Hakuda Techniques gain +1 extra use per battle. Does not apply to Shunko.

BATTLE FORGED
You gain the Advanced Hakuda Technique Shunko and it doesn’t take up a Forbidden Tech Slot or require a Focus skill of 45. The duration is also increased by 2 turns and it costs -10 less Reishi.

TRAITS

BLITZ
Prerequisite: Fighting Skill of 45
Activate: At-Will
Effect: As an at-will action you can make two Basic Attacks during one of your Standard Actions on your turn.
Limit: [3/3]

BLUR
Prerequisite: Reflexes Skill of 35
Activate: None (Passive)
Effect: As a passive effect you can use one Movement Tech as an at-will action on your turn.
Limit: [4/4]

HASTE
Prerequisite: Reflexes Skill of 50
Activate: Reactive At-Will
Effect: When you activate Haste, you gain 1 additional Bonus Action on your turn.

TALENTED
Prerequisite: None
Effect: As an at-will action choose one Non-Forbidden Tech or Spell you've learned. You gain an extra use of it and it doesn't count against any other kinds of usage limits imposed upon it. Cannot be used on Release Techs. You cannot use Talented on a technique that already has bonus uses provided by a Class Perk or other ability such as Strategist's Prepared or Shadow's Honed Senses. You can only use Talented on a technique which hasn't been given an extra use by any other means.
Limit: [1/1]

TEMPERED
Effect: Your 1st Release Stage is always active, meaning it is a passive activation and you bypass the minimum post prerequisite that prevents you from using it at the beginning of the thread. You are still prevented from using your 2nd or Final Releases until the minimum post count has been met.
Limit: Indefinite

ALACRITY (Racial)
Effect: As a passive effect you have +10 to defense while above half max HP.

TECHNIQUES AND SPELLS

BAKUDŌ #44: SEKISHO (BARRIER)
You create a fast-forming energy wall against fairly strong attacks.
Type: Defense
Activate: Bonus Action - Reactive
Effect: You gain 30 Armor and are immune to non-special status effects inflicted by attacks.
Duration: Until the 30 Armor is gone.
Cost: 10 Reishi

UTSUSEMI (CICADA SHELL)
You move at great speed to avoid an attack, leaving an afterimage which can appear to have taken damage.
Action: Bonus Action - Reactive
Effect: As a bonus action, you avoid two non-critical attacks that would have hit you during your turn. Considered a Movement Technique.

SPEED CLONES
You create several clones of yourself at once using Shunpo. The clones absorb incoming damage while you escape.
Effect: As a bonus action, you avoid all direct damage that would have been dealt to you during your turn. Considered a Movement Technique.
Cost: 5 Reishi
Limit: [2/2]

BAKUDŌ #12: YŪGURE NO MANTO (DUSK CLOAK)
You form a shroud around you that softens impacts and protects against harmful Kido.
Activate: At-Will - Reactive
Effect: As an at-will action you are immune to newly applied non-special status effects and negate the damage bonus from critical hits during your turn. Does not remove status effects you have been previously afflicted with.

REIRYOKU ABSORPTION
You absorb spirit particles from foes that are attacking you, using it to replenish your own Reishi.
Type: Utility
Effect: As an at-will action, choose two attacks that hit you during your turn. Siphon 3 Reishi from the attacker per damage die rolled on each attack.
Cost: None

TSUKIYUBI (THRUST FINGERS)
A technique that allows the user to greatly increase the damage of normally weak attacks.
Effect: As an at-will action all of your basic strikes this turn gain +20 to accuracy and upgrade their Damage Tier by +2.
Limit: [1/2]

BAKUDŌ #9: GEKI (STRIKE)
You draw symbols of the spell in the air as your entire body permeates a red energy, which engulfs the body of the target, causing complete paralysis.
Activate: Bonus Action
Effect: As a bonus action you have a 70% chance to inflict the special Enthralled status on your target. Enthralled targets have one of their Standard Actions reduced to a Bonus Action for the duration. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%.
Duration: 1 turn
Cost: 5 Reishi.

BAKUDŌ #22: HAKUFUKU (WHITE CRAWL)
You stare down your foe. As the target sees the illusion of purple cherry blossoms falling around them, their vision begins to blur and their consciousness becomes muddled, disoriented, and confused. Shortly thereafter, the target blacks out altogether.
Effect: As a bonus action you have a 80% chance to inflict the Stagger status on your target and upon infliction it deals a 3d6 worth of direct damage. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%

SHUNKŌ (FLASH WAR CRY) (Monk)
An advanced battle technique which combines the physical techniques of Hakuda with the spell-based techniques of Kidō.
Type: Utility (Considered a Forbidden Technique)
Requirement: Focus Skill of 45
Action: Bonus Action
Effect: As a bonus action you activate Shunkō. For the duration only, increase your Accuracy with Strikes on this turn by +15, increase your damage tier with Strikes by 2, increase your Base RL by 50%, and increase your DR by 6. On the turn after the end of the duration, you will be temporarily Exhausted for 1 turn.
Duration: 6 Turns
Cost: 15 Reishi
Limit: [1/1]. Cannot be used alongside the Hollow Mask or Soul Trigger techniques.

KAGAMIBIRAKI (MIRROR OPENING)
After puncturing their target with the tips of their fingers, the practitioner rips their opponent in half through sheer physical strength.
Type: Attack - Single
Action: Standard
Effect: As a standard action, you make a single attack with 3 dmg dice that only deals the Slashing major effect.
Special Effect: This attack always applies bonus damage as if it were a critical hit. If you roll a critical hit, then you double the normal bonus damage.

RAIŌKEN (THUNDER KING FIST)
You perform a series of ultra-high-speed punches with both arms that are devastating and have enough power to destroy the surrounding area.
Type: Attack - Barrage
Effect: As a standard action, you make a barrage attack with 4 dmg dice that deals the Overwhelm major effect.
Special Effect: Treat this Barrage like an area attack that also deals the Spread major effect.
Cost: 20 Reishi

REINFORCEMENTS
Whether in dire straits or to put on the pressure, you call in for reinforcements from your division.
Action: Bonus Action / At-Will
Effect: You summon a group of shinigami to fight alongside you. The group is treated like a single entity. As an at-will action they can do one of the following once per thread:
  • Make an attack with a +30 accuracy modifier that deals 2d12 damage.
  • Increase the damage of 1 Advanced or Release Technique used by you on this turn by +2d6.
  • As a Reactive Action, the group can take a hit for you and has 20 HP. Any damage that exceeds its HP is dealt to you but any further status effects are inflicted upon the group instead of you.
Limit: One group may be summoned per thread. The group retreats from battle when their HP reaches 0 or when they have used all 3 available actions. Whichever comes first.

BAKUDŌ #73: TOZANSHŌ (INVERSE MOUNTAIN CRYSTAL)
As the spell ignites at a single point, blue energy extends upward to four points and forms an inverted pyramid, which solidifies into a barrier around the caster.
Type: Defense / Utility
Effect: As a reactive bonus action, you either create a barrier that protects you and up to 2 allies against all non-critical attacks from your foe(s) OR as a regular bonus action you can trap your foe inside an enclosure. They are then forced to spend a Standard Action on their turn to break free.
Limit: Once per battle as a defense and once as a utility. Cannot use both on the same turn.

RELEASE

TIME SHIFT
You temporarily slow the passage of time to give yourself an advantage in combat.
Effects: As an at-will action you gain either an additional standard action or an additional bonus action on your turn. Max of one extra Standard Action per turn can be gained via Time Shift or Clone.

MULTI-ARMS
Your release gives you extra appendages to assist you in combat.
Action: At-Will
Requirements: Requires Fighting skill of 35.
Effect: As an at-will action you can use 1 Bonus Action on your turn to make a Basic Attack. Also all Basic Attacks on your turn roll 1 extra damage dice.
Stage 2: Can now use 4 times in battle.
Stage 3: Gain Stage 2 upgrade and only costs 15 Reishi.

EFFICIENT
Effect: As a passive effect, your 1st Release now costs -1 less Reishi to maintain.
Limit: Indefinite.
Stage 2: Your 2nd Release now costs -2 less Reishi.
Stage 3: Your 3rd Release now costs -3 less Reishi.

DEADLY
Effect: As a passive effect you gain a bonus +5 to accuracy with 2 Basic Attacks, per turn, while in a Released state.
Stage 2: Accuracy bonus increases to +10.
Stage 3: Accuracy bonus increases to +15.

REIATSU: 246,000 (492,000)
HP: 75/75 | REISHI: 185/200 | DEF: 100 (115) | DMG DIE: d9 | ACC: +50 (+60)

1d100·3d6·1d100+80·2d12·1d100·1d100+80·2d12·1d100

Player

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Oct 10, 2022 9:43:10 GMT -5

Once again the third seat shinigami in front of him seemed able to read his mind. He might have thought it an aspect of his zanpaktou ability but while he had released it almost immediately before attacking, his insights were given sound far before that point. His words and story about personal experiences and wanting to be free of certain responsibilities. In that regard, he was similar to the only other shinigami that he'd seen with a bankai...his story about a mentor perhaps being of the same person. It was something that he could understand...even if he didn't feel the same way. Irisa's bankai had been terrifying, her power something the Gotei wouldn't allow to not be used...it made him curious if all bankais were so terryfying.

The shinigami in front of him seemed rather smart...and brave. Closing distance between him was a bold move, and one that might not be a good one. He was fast, his zanpaktou propelling his body forward at an alarming rate...unfortunately Nezuel was ready for him. All three attacks his, drawing blood and a grunt of pain from the arrancar as he was thrown around. Yet the attacks seemed to lack any real weight behind them, perhaps he had been unlucky or wasn't used to fighting arrancar.

Either way on the last attack as the shinigami hit the arrancar's skull he popped like an overblown balloon. Blood gushed around the shinigami as a multitude of limbs, eyes, and mouths formed on the red blood. Some of the arms tried to grab onto him as the mouths tried to suck his reishi out from him, just being in close proximity to them giving him an unsettling sense. But perhaps worse of all was the figure in white, an outfit similar to the arrancar but now appearing older, in his mid 20s, perhaps.

"Despertar Sangre" He put his hand up, fingers forward in a way similar to one of the first kidos shinigami were taught. The Reimyaku around them seemed to bend and quiver at the release. Yet what came out of his fingers wasn't the pale white lightning but something more like a small line of hollow energy similar to a cero. He wasn't looking to kill, no, but aimed for the shinigami's legs to try and slow down his impressive speed.

"I am afraid." he'd say, skipping back away from the shinigami. "That I can't stay in this form for long...at the moment. So lets try to finish this quickly?"

COMBAT TRACKER
SUMMARY
Defensive:
Hakufuku fails due to dusk cloak
1st strike hit for 0 (2-3) dmg
1st strike hit for 0 (2-3) dmg, stun not afflicted due to dusk cloak

Offensive
REIRYOKU ABSORPTION siphons 12 reishi
CONDEMNING siphons 4 reishi
HADŌ #70: SEISHIN MOKUHYŌ (SPIRIT TARGETING) Drain for 15 reishi
HADŌ #4: BYAKURAI (PALE LIGHTNING) critical hit for 33 damage. acc 141 vs def 115
1 stack of Stagger inflicted
1 stack of Glutton inflicted

total reishi use after siphon and regen is 32

At-Will:
REIRYOKU ABSORPTION -12 reishi
CONDEMNING - 4 reishi
CONSUME NcmyIiyE1d100 <75 for 1 stack of Glutton
REBUKE - 1 reishi
BAKUDŌ #12: YŪGURE NO MANTO (DUSK CLOAK) -1 reishi

HADŌ #4: BYAKURAI (PALE LIGHTNING) - 6 reishi
acc - 1d100+45
dmg - 2d12

Bonus Action: FOCUS ENERGY - 10 reishi

Standard Action: BAKUDŌ #2: KARE (BLIGHT) - 5 reishi
1d100 <60 to inflict one stack of stagger

Standard Action: The Tide - 25 reishi
5d12
half damage in reishi drain

ACTIVE EFFECTS

CLASS Caster
ATTUNED: As a passive effect, your max Reishi is increased by 50, you regain 3 Reishi at the end of your turn, and all non-basic Kido spells cost -5 less Reishi.
POTENT: You start with the Enhanced Byakurai Basic Attack Spell and the cost is reduced to 6 Reishi.
TRAITS
REBUKE: As an at-will effect when hit with any attack, you deal Reishi drain back to the attacker equal to the lowest rolled natural dice of the attack that hit you
CLEVERNESS: You have a passive +15% bonus to inflict a status effect from any source
TEMPERED: Your 1st Release Stage is always active, meaning it is a passive activation and you bypass the minimum post prerequisite that prevents you from using it at the beginning of the thread. You are still prevented from using your 2nd Release until the minimum post count has been met.
TECHNIQUES
REIRYOKU ABSORPTION: As an at-will action, choose two attacks that hit you during your turn. Siphon 3 Reishi from the attacker per damage die rolled on each attack. (2/3) -0 reishi

SPELLS
BAKUDŌ #41: KYŌMON (MIRROR GATE): As a bonus action, you avoid all but the highest rolled natural damage die from one non-critical attack that hit you. You deal the highest natural damage die back to the attacker as direct damage. If the attack would inflict a non-special status, you instead inflict that status back onto your opponent. No roll necessary. (2/2) -5 Reishi
BAKUDŌ #33: SŌEIGEKI (BLUE SLEET ATTACK): As a bonus action you have a 80% chance to inflict two stacks of the Cripple status effect on your target. Also inflicts a stack of special status effect Frostbite. Frostbite drains for 5 Reishi per turn and lasts for two more turns after Cripple is removed. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%. (2/2) -1 Reishi
BAKUDŌ #12: YŪGURE NO MANTO (DUSK CLOAK): As an at-will action you are immune to newly applied non-special status effects and negate the damage bonus from critical hits during your turn. Does not remove status effects you have been previously afflicted with. (1/2) -1 Reishi
BAKUDŌ #9: GEKI (STRIKE): As a bonus action you have a 70% chance to inflict the special Enthralled status on your target. Enthralled targets have one of their Standard Actions reduced to a Bonus Action for the duration. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%. (2/2) -1 reishi
BAKUDŌ #39: ENKŌSEN (ROTATING LOCK FAN) : As a bonus action you negate half the damage from two attacks that hit you during your turn (even critical hits.) (2/2) -10 reishi
BAKUDŌ #4: HAINAWA (CRAWLING ROPE): As a bonus action, you have an 80% chance to inflict two stacks of the Immobilize status on your target. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%. (2/2) 1 reishi
BAKUDŌ #7: KEIKATSU (OPENING REVIVAL): As an at-will action you restore 30 HP to self or a comrade. This is considered a Healing Technique (1/1)

ADVANCED SPELLS
HADŌ #70: SEISHIN MOKUHYŌ (SPIRIT TARGETING) As an at-will action, you convert one attack this turn into a Spirit Targeting attack. Spirit Targeting attacks are auto-hit and do not require an accuracy roll but do not deal HP damage or have secondary effects (major or minor) applied to the attack. The attack instead deals reishi drain equal to half the rolled damage. Spirit Targeting attacks cannot be mitigated via armor or DR effects. (2/3) 0 reishi
BAKUDŌ #61: RIKUJŌKŌRŌ (SIX-ROD LIGHT PRISON): As a bonus action, you have an 60% chance to inflict the special Pinned status on your foe. While pinned, your opponent must spend both of their next standard actions to break free. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%. (1/1) 10 Reishi
BAKUDŌ #73: TOZANSHŌ (INVERSE MOUNTAIN CRYSTAL): As a reactive bonus action, you either create a barrier that protects you and up to 2 allies against all non-critical attacks from your foe(s) OR as a regular bonus action you can trap your foe inside an enclosure. They are then forced to spend a Standard Action on their turn to break free. (2/2) 15 reishi
BAKUDŌ #99: PART 1 - KIN (FORBID): As a standard action, you have a 60% chance to inflict the special Sealed status on one target. While Sealed, for the duration, the target is forcibly removed from Shunko, Soul Trigger, Hollow Mask, and/or Released state. Also, for the duration, they cannot regain any Reishi. Cannot be used while the Release Tech Communion is active. (1/1) 15 reishi
BAKUDŌ #99: PART 2 - BANKIN (ULTIMATE SUPPRESSION): Using two standard actions, you have an 80% chance to inflict the special status effect Locked. For this to work the target must be below 25% of their max Reishi. While Locked, the character is out of the fight. If you are brought to 0 Reishi or 0 HP during the fight the Locked status effect ends. In a 1v1 battle the fight is won but you cannot kill them. (1/1) 20 reishi

RELEASE
CONSUME: As an-will action, you have a 60% chance to gain the special status effect Glutton. When Glutton is activated, you passively siphon 5 Reishifrom your foe(s) for each Standard Action they used on their turn. You may target up to 3 enemies. (2/3)
CONDEMNING: As a passive effect any attack that hits you siphons -2 Reishi from the attacker while you are in your Released state.

HP: 80/80 | REISHI: 218/250 | DEF: 80 | DMG DIE: d12 | ACC: +30

1d100·1d100+45·2d10·1d100·5d10
Last Edit: Oct 10, 2022 20:53:45 GMT -5 by nezuel

PLAYER

I have nothing to say.

Hageshi Rekka Avatar

Hageshi Rekka

Post by Hageshi Rekka on Oct 10, 2022 20:43:05 GMT -5

Rekka's attacks seemed to connect; after all, the Arrancar was being smacked around like the volleyball used in the previous post's metaphor. However, Nezuel appeared unscathed, perhaps due to the iron-hard skin Arrancar tended to have. And when the Shinigami hit him with the Reishi-powered volleyball spike, the Arrancar exploded into a shower of gore, swirling around Rekka in a bloody stream. To add to the gruesome spectacle, a multitude of dismembered limbs, orifices, and other assorted organs were latching onto the Third Seat, draining his energy reserves like a swarm of lampreys.

"Aaaahh, gross! Why would you even do tha--URK." Rekka never got to finish his sentence, as his words were cut off by his dinner evacuating his stomach. After all, even a Shinigami used to seeing corpses in various conditions would be hard-pressed to resist the effects of something like this. Fortunately for him, the mass of body puree coalesced itself back into Nezuel, albeit looking several years older. The reformed Arrancar then pointed his finger, shooting a blast that looked like a hybrid of Byakurai and Cero at Rekka's leg. 

Rekka was forced to burn even more Reishi to reinforce his leg against the blast, which for the most part seemed to have succeeded. However, this reduced the window of opportunity he had to attack. No matter. He had more time to observe, and strike where it really counted.

"Thanks for the heads-up," said Rekka. "This means the blood explosion was a one-off, and if I hit you again..."

"You'll still take the damage!" These words were punctuated by an overhead swing from Enmado, its force and velocity amplified by several miniature heat bursts at the back end of the blade like a rocket sword.

COMBAT TRACKER
SUMMARY
Put a summary here.
Rekka is drained for 4 Reishi! (Rebuke)
Nezuel uses Reiryoku Absorption and siphons 12 Reishi!
Nezuel uses Byakurai! Crit for 33 dmg!
Nezuel uses Kare!
Nezuel uses Spirit Targeting on and drains 15 Reishi with his attack!
Rekka uses Dusk Cloak! Reduces crit dmg to 21 and negates Stagger (Kare)
Rekka uses Barrier! Absorbs 21 dmg! 9/30 armor remains
Rekka uses Strike! Glutton siphons 5 Reishi!

At-Will: N/A

Bonus Action: Dusk Cloak | -5 reishi cost
Negate crit bonus and immune to status effects

Bonus Action: Barrier | -10 reishi cost
Gain 30 Armor and unaffected by status effects

Standard Action: Rocket Slash (Strike) | -0 reishi cost
Acc - R0X49Mkz1d100+70
Dmg - 2d12

ACTIVE EFFECTS
Release 1 Derp
Flawless Strikes: +10/20 acc, +2/4 dmg tier
Barrier: 9/30 armor

CLASS

FLAWLESS STRIKES
Each time one of your Strike Basic Attacks hit, increase the Accuracy and Damage Tier of further Strike Basic Attacks used on subsequent turns. Accuracy is increased by +5 (up to a max of +20). Damage Tier is increased by +1 (up to a max of +4). Both bonuses are reduced to normal (+0) on the turn following a successful crit roll.

INTENSE TRAINING
You start with the Enhanced Strike Basic Attack. As a passive effect your Enhanced Basic Attacks have a 30% chance to inflict the Stun status. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%.

PERFECT FORM
All of your Basic Strikes, Advanced Zanjutsu, and Advanced Hakuda Attack Techniques are perfected. Perfected techniques gain +10 Accuracy, +1 Damage Tier. Advanced Zanjutsu and Hakuda Techniques gain +1 extra use per battle. Does not apply to Shunko.

BATTLE FORGED
You gain the Advanced Hakuda Technique Shunko and it doesn’t take up a Forbidden Tech Slot or require a Focus skill of 45. The duration is also increased by 2 turns and it costs -10 less Reishi.

TRAITS

BLITZ
Effect: As an at-will action you can make two Basic Attacks during one of your Standard Actions on your turn.

BLUR
Effect: As a passive effect you can use one Movement Tech as an at-will action on your turn.

HASTE
Effect: When you activate Haste, you gain 1 additional Bonus Action on your turn.

TALENTED
Effect: As an at-will action choose one Non-Forbidden Tech or Spell you've learned. You gain an extra use of it and it doesn't count against any other kinds of usage limits imposed upon it. Cannot be used on Release Techs. You cannot use Talented on a technique that already has bonus uses provided by a Class Perk or other ability such as Strategist's Prepared or Shadow's Honed Senses. You can only use Talented on a technique which hasn't been given an extra use by any other means.

TEMPERED
Effect: Your 1st Release Stage is always active, meaning it is a passive activation and you bypass the minimum post prerequisite that prevents you from using it at the beginning of the thread. You are still prevented from using your 2nd or Final Releases until the minimum post count has been met.

ALACRITY (Racial)

TECHNIQUES AND SPELLS

Effect: You gain 30 Armor and are immune to non-special status effects inflicted by attacks.

UTSUSEMI (CICADA SHELL)
You move at great speed to avoid an attack, leaving an afterimage which can appear to have taken damage.
Effect: As a bonus action, you avoid two non-critical attacks that would have hit you during your turn. Considered a Movement Technique.

SPEED CLONES
You create several clones of yourself at once using Shunpo. The clones absorb incoming damage while you escape.
Effect: As a bonus action, you avoid all direct damage that would have been dealt to you during your turn. Considered a Movement Technique.

You form a shroud around you that softens impacts and protects against harmful Kido.
Effect: As an at-will action you are immune to newly applied non-special status effects and negate the damage bonus from critical hits during your turn. Does not remove status effects you have been previously afflicted with.

REIRYOKU ABSORPTION
You absorb spirit particles from foes that are attacking you, using it to replenish your own Reishi.
Effect: As an at-will action, choose two attacks that hit you during your turn. Siphon 3 Reishi from the attacker per damage die rolled on each attack.

A technique that allows the user to greatly increase the damage of normally weak attacks.
Effect: As an at-will action all of your basic strikes this turn gain +20 to accuracy and upgrade their Damage Tier by +2.

You draw symbols of the spell in the air as your entire body permeates a red energy, which engulfs the body of the target, causing complete paralysis.
Effect: As a bonus action you have a 70% chance to inflict the special Enthralled status on your target. Enthralled targets have one of their Standard Actions reduced to a Bonus Action for the duration. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%.

You stare down your foe. As the target sees the illusion of purple cherry blossoms falling around them, their vision begins to blur and their consciousness becomes muddled, disoriented, and confused. Shortly thereafter, the target blacks out altogether.
Effect: As a bonus action you have a 80% chance to inflict the Stagger status on your target and upon infliction it deals a 3d6 worth of direct damage. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%

An advanced battle technique which combines the physical techniques of Hakuda with the spell-based techniques of Kidō.
Effect: As a bonus action you activate Shunkō. For the duration only, increase your Accuracy with Strikes on this turn by +15, increase your damage tier with Strikes by 2, increase your Base RL by 50%, and increase your DR by 6. On the turn after the end of the duration, you will be temporarily Exhausted for 1 turn.
Limit: [1/1]. Cannot be used alongside the Hollow Mask or Soul Trigger techniques.

After puncturing their target with the tips of their fingers, the practitioner rips their opponent in half through sheer physical strength.
Effect: As a standard action, you make a single attack with 3 dmg dice that only deals the Slashing major effect.
Special Effect: This attack always applies bonus damage as if it were a critical hit. If you roll a critical hit, then you double the normal bonus damage.

You perform a series of ultra-high-speed punches with both arms that are devastating and have enough power to destroy the surrounding area.
Effect: As a standard action, you make a barrage attack with 4 dmg dice that deals the Overwhelm major effect.
Special Effect: Treat this Barrage like an area attack that also deals the Spread major effect.

REINFORCEMENTS
Whether in dire straits or to put on the pressure, you call in for reinforcements from your division.
Effect: You summon a group of shinigami to fight alongside you. The group is treated like a single entity. As an at-will action they can do one of the following once per thread:
  • Increase the damage of 1 Advanced or Release Technique used by you on this turn by +2d6.
  • As a Reactive Action, the group can take a hit for you and has 20 HP. Any damage that exceeds its HP is dealt to you but any further status effects are inflicted upon the group instead of you.
Limit: One group may be summoned per thread. The group retreats from battle when their HP reaches 0 or when they have used all 3 available actions. Whichever comes first.

As the spell ignites at a single point, blue energy extends upward to four points and forms an inverted pyramid, which solidifies into a barrier around the caster.
Effect: As a reactive bonus action, you either create a barrier that protects you and up to 2 allies against all non-critical attacks from your foe(s) OR as a regular bonus action you can trap your foe inside an enclosure. They are then forced to spend a Standard Action on their turn to break free.
Limit: Once per battle as a defense and once as a utility. Cannot use both on the same turn.

RELEASE

TIME SHIFT
You temporarily slow the passage of time to give yourself an advantage in combat.
Effects: As an at-will action you gain either an additional standard action or an additional bonus action on your turn. Max of one extra Standard Action per turn can be gained via Time Shift or Clone.

MULTI-ARMS
Effect: As an at-will action you can use 1 Bonus Action on your turn to make a Basic Attack. Also all Basic Attacks on your turn roll 1 extra damage dice.

EFFICIENT
Effect: As a passive effect, your 1st Release now costs -1 less Reishi to maintain.
Stage 2: Your 2nd Release now costs -2 less Reishi.
Stage 3: Your 3rd Release now costs -3 less Reishi.

DEADLY
Effect: As a passive effect you gain a bonus +5 to accuracy with 2 Basic Attacks, per turn, while in a Released state.
Stage 2: Accuracy bonus increases to +10.
Stage 3: Accuracy bonus increases to +15.

HP: 75/75 | REISHI: 134/200 | DEF: 100 (115) | DMG DIE: d9 | ACC: +50 (+60)

1d100+70·2d12·1d100
Last Edit: Oct 10, 2022 23:40:14 GMT -5 by Hageshi Rekka

Player

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Oct 11, 2022 18:50:15 GMT -5

Nezuel was surprised that the shinigami should lose his meal over such a display. Some part of him knew that the way his power chose to display itself was rather grotesque but he had imagined that shinigami, who tended to be older, must have experience with the cruel reality of the world. Death was everywhere, Nezuel and his kind a walking monument to it. Underneath that thin layer of human looking skin...its what all arrancar, all hollows were. Did it really make a difference if he let out the souls inside of him every once in a while to they might feed right from the source?

The shinigami managed to negate his attack with some kind of barrier. It felt similar to the barrier that Irisa and others had used yet this time instead of slowly whittling away at the thing he seemed to have taken most of it off in one go....how far had he come since that time? The shinigami followed up the attack with another strike, this one appearing far more powerful that the previous two. Deciding to get a little more serious, the arrancar lifted a hand at the shinigami as he approached, blood congealing in a rectangle that slowly began to turn into white bone. It seemed almost similar to kido and rather strong...but as the shinigmai was about to strike it Nezuel's hand was jerked away by something and the the construct returned to the red blood it had been before, slowing the attack but not stopping it as he had hoped. As the construct was destroyed, fragments of it in the form of teeth and other body parts solidified around the shinigami. The mouths, as alays, sucked the riatsu from the air trying for the shinigami himself, meanwhile one of the hands in the mass of limbs pointed a finger at the shinigami, sending out a thin spray of blood similar to the one that had been fired against him before.

When the attack hit him, and it did hit him, Nezuel had both of his hands up to guard against the blow, a thin layer of almost glossy blood covering the spots directly impacted that seemed rather cold. "Come, shinigami." the arrancar would say, his voice deeper now and touched with an eastern accent. "Your shikai seems unable to impale me. Why don't you show me your bankai?"

COMBAT TRACKER
SUMMARY
Defensive:
Mirror gate, and INDOMITABLE reduce damage from attack to 8

Offensive

10 reishi drain from rebuke
2 reishi siphon from condemming.
15 reishi drain from spirit targeting tide
1 stack of glutton inflicted
HADŌ #4: BYAKURAI (PALE LIGHTNING) acc 68
2 stacks of cripple inflicted
1 stack of frostbite inflicted
11 direct damage from mirror gate

Reishi use
+5 siphon to Nezuel from Glutton
+3 regen
+2 condemming
-5 Mirror gate
-6 Byakurai
- 1 BAKUDŌ #33: SŌEIGEKI (BLUE SLEET ATTACK)
-25 The Tide
-4 release

31 used total

At-Will:
CONDEMNING - 2 reishi
CONSUME EQPaWXju1d100 <75 for 1 stack of Glutton
REBUKE - 10 reishi
HADŌ #70: SEISHIN MOKUHYŌ (SPIRIT TARGETING) - The Tide

HADŌ #4: BYAKURAI (PALE LIGHTNING) - 6 reishi
acc - 1d100+30
dmg - 2d12

Bonus Action: BAKUDŌ #33: SŌEIGEKI (BLUE SLEET ATTACK) -1 reishi
1d100<95 to inflict 2 stacks of cripple
if successful inflict 1 stack of frostbite

Standard Action: BAKUDŌ #41: KYŌMON (MIRROR GATE) -5 reishi
Ingnore 10 damage from strike. 11 damage as direct damage.

Standard Action: The Tide - 25 reishi
5d12
half damage in reishi drain

ACTIVE EFFECTS

CLASS Caster
TRAITS
TECHNIQUES
REIRYOKU ABSORPTION: As an at-will action, choose two attacks that hit you during your turn. Siphon 3 Reishi from the attacker per damage die rolled on each attack. (2/3) -0 reishi

SPELLS
BAKUDŌ #41: KYŌMON (MIRROR GATE): As a bonus action, you avoid all but the highest rolled natural damage die from one non-critical attack that hit you. You deal the highest natural damage die back to the attacker as direct damage. If the attack would inflict a non-special status, you instead inflict that status back onto your opponent. No roll necessary. (1/2) -5 Reishi
BAKUDŌ #33: SŌEIGEKI (BLUE SLEET ATTACK): As a bonus action you have a 80% chance to inflict two stacks of the Cripple status effect on your target. Also inflicts a stack of special status effect Frostbite. Frostbite drains for 5 Reishi per turn and lasts for two more turns after Cripple is removed. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%. (1/2) -1 Reishi
BAKUDŌ #12: YŪGURE NO MANTO (DUSK CLOAK): As an at-will action you are immune to newly applied non-special status effects and negate the damage bonus from critical hits during your turn. Does not remove status effects you have been previously afflicted with. (1/2) -1 Reishi

ADVANCED SPELLS
HADŌ #70: SEISHIN MOKUHYŌ (SPIRIT TARGETING) As an at-will action, you convert one attack this turn into a Spirit Targeting attack. Spirit Targeting attacks are auto-hit and do not require an accuracy roll but do not deal HP damage or have secondary effects (major or minor) applied to the attack. The attack instead deals reishi drain equal to half the rolled damage. Spirit Targeting attacks cannot be mitigated via armor or DR effects. (1/3) 0 reishi

RELEASE
CONSUME: As an-will action, you have a 60% chance to gain the special status effect Glutton. When Glutton is activated, you passively siphon 5 Reishifrom your foe(s) for each Standard Action they used on their turn. You may target up to 3 enemies. (1/3)

HP: 72/80 | REISHI: 187/250 | DEF: 80 | DMG DIE: d12 | ACC: +30

1d100·1d100+30·2d12·5d12·5d12
Last Edit: Oct 11, 2022 20:55:05 GMT -5 by nezuel

PLAYER

I have nothing to say.

Hageshi Rekka Avatar

Hageshi Rekka

Post by Hageshi Rekka on Oct 12, 2022 2:47:44 GMT -5

Rekka's guess that the massive blood explosion was a one-off move turned out to be on the nose, as his strike couldn't entirely be blocked by Nezuel's smaller blood barrier. His superheated blade reached the Arrancar's arms, and while seemingly doing some damage was pushed back by a repulsive force. Moreover, the burst blood barrier had transformed into another set of orifices that once more sucked at Rekka's Reiryoku. As the fiery Reishi was consumed, it had the fortunate side effect of vaporizing an incoming bloody stream in transit and forming somewhat of a protective buffer against a few other nasty effects Nezuel had in store.

"Come, Shinigami. Your Shikai seems unable to impale me. Why don't you show me your Bankai?"

"Because I'm trying not to kill you, idiot who doesn't even know how plastic bags work," snapped Rekka. "Also, I have way too many property destruction cases already, and I'm not gonna blow up this perfectly good field just cause some random Arrancar taunted me."

The Third Seat gathered his Reiatsu, creating a fiery aura that should drive away the remaining appendages still attached to him. Then, he approached Nezuel yet again, and quickly thrust out his arm with the intention to grab the Arrancar by the throat and apply liberal heat. Afterwards, he would use the imminent threat of getting choked by a searing hand as an opportunity to strike twice, the specifics of which to be decided upon the choke's success or failure. If he managed to grab Nezuel, he'd slam him against the ground repeatedly. If he dodged, he'd opportunity attack with a low sweep and then kick him while he was down. But just in case, he'd set aside some Reishi to reinforce his body again.

COMBAT TRACKER
SUMMARY
Put a summary here.
Rekka is siphoned for 2 Reishi! (condemning)
Rekka is drained for 10 Reishi! (Rebuke)
Nezuel uses Kyomon! Rekka takes 11 direct damage! Reduced to 2 damage by Barrier! Barrier breaks!
Nezuel uses Byakurai! Miss!
Nezuel uses Spirit Targeting on and drains 15 Reishi with his attack!
Rekka uses Invigorate and gains 25 Reishi!
Rekka uses Haste!
Rekka uses Blitz!
Rekka uses Talented (Dusk Cloak)!
Rekka uses Dusk Cloak! Negates Cripple!
Rekka uses Hakufuku!

At-Will: Haste

At-Will: Blitz

At-Will: Talented (Dusk Cloak)

Bonus Action: Invigorate | +25 reishi cost

Bonus Action: Flame Aura (Dusk Cloak) | -5 reishi cost
Negate crit bonus and immune to status effects

Bonus Action: Hakufuku | -5 reishi cost
80% to Stagger: APbARdrW1d100
3d6

Standard Action: (Strike) | -0 reishi cost
Acc - 1d100+75
Dmg - 2d13

Strike (Blitz)
Acc - 1d100+75
Dmg - 2d13

ACTIVE EFFECTS
Release 1 Derp
Flawless Strikes: +15/20 acc, +3/4 dmg tier

CLASS

FLAWLESS STRIKES

INTENSE TRAINING

PERFECT FORM

BATTLE FORGED

TRAITS

BLITZ
Limit: [2/3]

BLUR

HASTE

TALENTED

TEMPERED

ALACRITY (Racial)

TECHNIQUES AND SPELLS

Limit: [0/1]

UTSUSEMI (CICADA SHELL)

SPEED CLONES

REIRYOKU ABSORPTION

REINFORCEMENTS

RELEASE

TIME SHIFT

MULTI-ARMS

EFFICIENT
Effect: As a passive effect, your 1st Release now costs -2 less Reishi to maintain.

DEADLY

HP: 73/75 | REISHI: 117/200 | DEF: 100 (115) | DMG DIE: d9 (d13) | ACC: +50 (+75)

1d100·3d6·1d100+75·2d13·1d100·1d100+75·2d13·1d100

Player

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Oct 12, 2022 19:57:52 GMT -5

Quite a bit of what Nezuel was attempting to do was burned away by the shinigami's flames. The smell of blood burning filled the air as he collected the flames around his body and avoided the worst of what Nezuel could do. He still had a few trump cards, of course, but he wasn't sure if now was the time to use it...especially since he wanted to push the shinigami a little father. He had to admit that he still wasn't sure why the shinigami didn't want to kill him...the opperunity was here to free all the collected souls he could see around him...yet he was so adamant.

"Your Bankais exhibit the true powers of your zanpaktou spirit, yes?" Nezuel was ask after he had been choked and hit repeatedly while on the ground. He had turned into a pool of blood and reformed a ways away to escape the shinigami's grasp, the move limiting the pathways his riatsu could take offensively. "I wonder at the effect...an arrancars Resurrection can be so...predictably, while a Bankai could be completely different." Truth be told he wanted to see it, study it...he had felt something when Irisa had released hers...something he had thought was more than just the kido she had stored within.

The pool of blood that Nezuel had spilt due to Rekka's attacks grew more appendages and mouths as they continued to suck and pull at the energy of the shinigami. Yet as Nezuel held out a hand the pool exploded, a multitude of limbs exploding from the pool and trying to hold down and immobilize the shinigami, meanwhile the blood they spilled trying to wrap around the shinigami's arm and trying to clog his riatsu pathways, making recovering harder.

"If I win...will you show me?"

COMBAT TRACKER
SUMMARY
Defensive:
10 direct damage
Guard and Indomitable reduce strike 1 damage to 1
2nd strike hits, dealing 5 damage
1 stack of stagger applied

Offensive

6 reishi drain from rebuke
4 reishi sipon from condemming
1 stack of glutton inflicted
2 stacks of immobilize inflicted
1 stack of cripple inflicted

Reishi use
+3 regen
+4 condemming
-5 guard
-1 BAKUDŌ #4: HAINAWA (CRAWLING ROPE)
-5 BAKUDŌ #2: KARE (BLIGHT)
-4 release
-3 total

At-Will:
CONDEMNING - 4 reishi
CONSUME o8KGpbI31d100 <75 for 1 stack of Glutton
REBUKE - 6 reishi

Bonus Action: Guard -5 reishi

Standard Action: BAKUDŌ #4: HAINAWA (CRAWLING ROPE) -1 reishi
1d100<95 to inflict 2 stacks of immobilize

Standard Action: BAKUDŌ #2: KARE (BLIGHT) -5 reishi
1d100 <60 to inflict 1 stack of cripple

ACTIVE EFFECTS

CLASS Caster
TRAITS
TECHNIQUES

SPELLS
BAKUDŌ #41: KYŌMON (MIRROR GATE): As a bonus action, you avoid all but the highest rolled natural damage die from one non-critical attack that hit you. You deal the highest natural damage die back to the attacker as direct damage. If the attack would inflict a non-special status, you instead inflict that status back onto your opponent. No roll necessary. (1/2) -5 Reishi
BAKUDŌ #33: SŌEIGEKI (BLUE SLEET ATTACK): As a bonus action you have a 80% chance to inflict two stacks of the Cripple status effect on your target. Also inflicts a stack of special status effect Frostbite. Frostbite drains for 5 Reishi per turn and lasts for two more turns after Cripple is removed. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%. (1/2) -1 Reishi
BAKUDŌ #4: HAINAWA (CRAWLING ROPE): As a bonus action, you have an 80% chance to inflict two stacks of the Immobilize status on your target. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%. (1/2) 1 reishi

ADVANCED SPELLS
HADŌ #70: SEISHIN MOKUHYŌ (SPIRIT TARGETING) As an at-will action, you convert one attack this turn into a Spirit Targeting attack. Spirit Targeting attacks are auto-hit and do not require an accuracy roll but do not deal HP damage or have secondary effects (major or minor) applied to the attack. The attack instead deals reishi drain equal to half the rolled damage. Spirit Targeting attacks cannot be mitigated via armor or DR effects. (1/3) 0 reishi

RELEASE
CONSUME: As an-will action, you have a 60% chance to gain the special status effect Glutton. When Glutton is activated, you passively siphon 5 Reishifrom your foe(s) for each Standard Action they used on their turn. You may target up to 3 enemies. (1/4)

HP: 56/80 | REISHI: 184/250 | DEF: 80 | DMG DIE: d12 | ACC: +30

1d100·1d100·1d100
Last Edit: Oct 12, 2022 20:32:41 GMT -5 by nezuel

PLAYER

I have nothing to say.

Hageshi Rekka Avatar

Hageshi Rekka

Post by Hageshi Rekka on Oct 13, 2022 5:55:54 GMT -5

Nezuel looked rather confused when Rekka told him that he wasn't there to kill him. Perhaps he was so used to Shinigami trying to purify him that he forgot his own rights as a person? The young Reaper's expression softened, if slightly, and half-chuckled, half-scoffed his next words.

"Don't be silly. My job is to purify Hollows, not kill people."

Rekka's burning chokeslam had succeeded, causing Nezuel to dissolve into blood once more and slither out of his grasp, reforming a few meters away. He also would not shut up about wanting to see Rekka's Bankai, claiming that Shinigami releases were more unique and diverse than most Resurreccion. Rekka sincerely doubted this, as he believed that anyone regardless of race could have a unique release as long as they had the proper mindset.

While Nezuel was contemplating the nature of Bankai, some extra leftover blood from his attacks formed into appendages again and tried to suck at Rekka's spiritual energy once more. It didn't have as intense of an effect as last time, when they drained almost a fourth or so of the Third Seat's current Reishi, but there was an effect that wasn't there before, that made Reishi flow difficult.

"If I win...will you show me?"

"Fine!" conceded Rekka. "If you want I'll show you now. But don't say I didn't warn you!"

"Bankai!" The resulting fiery shockwave blasted the sucking limbs off the Shinigami's body, now clad in the bodysuit and cape of a demonic overlord. A gigantic skeletal torso with six arms materialized behind Rekka, and one of its arms reached out to try and pick up Nezuel. If successful, it would quite literally yeet the Arrancar high into the sky, and aim the cannons mounted on its back at him.

"Destroy the world, Sanzen Daisen Enmado!" At its master's command, the cannons would fire a barrage of fireballs at the airborne Nezuel.

COMBAT TRACKER
SUMMARY
Put a summary here.
Rekka is siphoned for 4 Reishi! (condemning)
Rekka is drained for 6 Reishi! (Rebuke)
Nezuel uses Hainawa! Rekka is Immobilized!
Nezuel uses Kare! Rekka is Crippled!
Rekka uses Bankai!
Rekka uses Haste!
Rekka uses Blitz!
Rekka uses Geki!
Rekka uses Strike (Multi-Arms)

At-Will: Bankai!

At-Will: Blitz

At-Will: Multi-Arms | -20 reishi cost

Bonus Action: Yeet (Geki) | -5 reishi cost
Enthralled (70%): Un|etv4E1d100

Bonus Action: Fireball (Strike) (Multi-Arms) | -0 reishi cost
Acc - 1d100+80
Dmg - 3d14

Standard Action: (Strike) | -0 reishi cost
Acc - 1d100+85 (Deadly)
Dmg - 3d14 

Strike (Blitz)
Acc - 1d100+85 (Deadly)
Dmg - 3d14

ACTIVE EFFECTS
Release 2 Derp!
Edge 2 gained! (+10 acc, +2 dmg per attack, +10 def, +2 DR)
Flawless Strikes: +20/20 acc, +4/4 dmg tier
Cripple: 1/1 turns
Immobilize: 1/2 turns

CLASS

FLAWLESS STRIKES

INTENSE TRAINING

PERFECT FORM

BATTLE FORGED

TRAITS

BLITZ
Limit: [1/3]

BLUR

HASTE

TALENTED

TEMPERED

ALACRITY (Racial)

TECHNIQUES AND SPELLS

Limit: [0/1]

UTSUSEMI (CICADA SHELL)

SPEED CLONES

REIRYOKU ABSORPTION

Limit: [0/2]

REINFORCEMENTS

RELEASE

TIME SHIFT

MULTI-ARMS

EFFICIENT
Effect: As a passive effect, your 1st Release now costs -2 less Reishi to maintain.

DEADLY

REIATSU: 246,000 (492,000) (984,000)
HP: 73/75 | REISHI: 73/200 | DEF: 100 (115) | DMG DIE: d9 (d14) | ACC: +50 (+80)

1d100·1d100+80·3d14·1d100·1d100+85·3d14·1d100·1d100+85·3d14·1d100
Last Edit: Oct 13, 2022 16:55:35 GMT -5 by Hageshi Rekka

Player

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Oct 13, 2022 7:02:53 GMT -5

Nezuel stood in amazement at the shinigami's bankai. How one could take the fiery blade from before as equate it to a demonic skeletal frame was beyond him. Yet the power that the bankai held was obviously immense, the spiritual pressure the thing giving off something that would keep Nezuel up a night a few days after the event. He'd only ever felt such spiritual pressure from one other being, the sight just as harrowing and exciting.

His eyes tracked every movement as the bankai lifted him up into the air, unwilling to lose a single moment to inspect it and gain some insight into the spirit made manifest. Every strike hit him, pummeling into his body. Yet as the fireballs hit him and exploded, he could only feel elation, this was a fight! When the smoke from the explosions cleared, it showed a very wounded arrancar with a stupid grin on his face. Blood fell off him from almost every pore that wasn't burned and bloodied.

"Impressive, shinigami." he'd wheeze out between haggard breaths as around them the blood in the area began to flow towards him. Most of the blood spilled during the battle came back to him, surrounding him, healing him almost to how he'd been at the beginning of the fight, thought it was clear that by the effort it seemed to take him, his breath still heavy, he couldn't do it again.

"It seems I might have to end this fight sooner than I thought...I don't think I can contend with that sort of power for long." He smiled as he released a wave of dark hollow-like riatsu, one last attempt to draw the reishi from the man he was fighting against. Even that would be a feint as a swarm of bodies rose from below the shinigmai from a puddle of blood left on the ground, trying to swarm and restrict him and his ability to regain reishi.

COMBAT TRACKER
SUMMARY
Defensive:

First strike: 18 (21-3) damage inflicted
Second strike: 11 (27/2 = 14-3) inflicted
Third Strike: 12 (29/2 = 15-3) damage inflicted
41 damage total
1 stack of stun inflicted
Enthralled not inflicted
Mend Inflicted, restore 60hp

Offensive
6 reishi siphon from condemming
7 reishi drain from
18 reishi siphon from REIRYOKU ABSORPTION
18 reishi drain from The Tide Spirit Targeting

Reishi use
+3 regen
+6 sipon from condemning
+18 REIRYOKU ABSORPTION
-10 BAKUDŌ #39: ENKŌSEN (ROTATING LOCK FAN)
-1 BAKUDŌ #7: KEIKATSU (OPENING REVIVAL)
-1 BAKUDŌ #33: SŌEIGEKI (BLUE SLEET ATTACK)
-25 reishi The Tide
-4 release

-15 total

At-Will:
CONDEMNING - 6 reishi
REBUKE - 7 reishi
REIRYOKU ABSORPTION - 18 reishi
BAKUDŌ #7: KEIKATSU (OPENING REVIVAL) -1 reishi (6 with special)
v3yw5QSR1d100<60 to inflict mend
HADŌ #70: SEISHIN MOKUHYŌ (SPIRIT TARGETING)

Bonus Action: BAKUDŌ #39: ENKŌSEN (ROTATING LOCK FAN) -10 reishi
2nd and 3rd strike

Standard Action: BAKUDŌ #33: SŌEIGEKI (BLUE SLEET ATTACK) -1
1d100<95 to inflict 2 stacks of cripple
if inflicted inflict 1 stack of frostbite

Standard Action: The Tide (Spirit Targeting) - 25 reishi
5d10
Half as reishi damage

ACTIVE EFFECTS

CLASS Caster
TRAITS
TECHNIQUES

SPELLS
BAKUDŌ #33: SŌEIGEKI (BLUE SLEET ATTACK): As a bonus action you have a 80% chance to inflict two stacks of the Cripple status effect on your target. Also inflicts a stack of special status effect Frostbite. Frostbite drains for 5 Reishi per turn and lasts for two more turns after Cripple is removed. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%. (0/2) -1 Reishi
BAKUDŌ #39: ENKŌSEN (ROTATING LOCK FAN) : As a bonus action you negate half the damage from two attacks that hit you during your turn (even critical hits.) (1/2) -10 reishi
BAKUDŌ #4: HAINAWA (CRAWLING ROPE): As a bonus action, you have an 80% chance to inflict two stacks of the Immobilize status on your target. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%. (1/2) 1 reishi
BAKUDŌ #7: KEIKATSU (OPENING REVIVAL): As an at-will action you restore 30 HP to self or a comrade. This is considered a Healing Technique (0/1)

ADVANCED SPELLS
HADŌ #70: SEISHIN MOKUHYŌ (SPIRIT TARGETING) As an at-will action, you convert one attack this turn into a Spirit Targeting attack. Spirit Targeting attacks are auto-hit and do not require an accuracy roll but do not deal HP damage or have secondary effects (major or minor) applied to the attack. The attack instead deals reishi drain equal to half the rolled damage. Spirit Targeting attacks cannot be mitigated via armor or DR effects. (0/3) 0 reishi

RELEASE
CONSUME: As an-will action, you have a 60% chance to gain the special status effect Glutton. When Glutton is activated, you passively siphon 5 Reishifrom your foe(s) for each Standard Action they used on their turn. You may target up to 3 enemies. (1/4)

HP: 69/80 | REISHI: 169/250 | DEF: 80 | DMG DIE: d12 | ACC: +30
1d100·1d100·5d10
Last Edit: Oct 13, 2022 16:35:53 GMT -5 by nezuel