Bleach Hereafter RPG

What's in a Name?

GAME MASTER

Wandenreich - Soldat

Memories broken, the truth goes unspoken...

Hibano Avatar

Hibano

Post by Hibano on Nov 8, 2022 16:42:44 GMT -5

Maria deflected a handful of strikes while listening to Hattori's response, yet again. He posed an important question - drive to change things for the better was one thing, but how to change it for the better was another, and the other Shinigami appeared sceptical about whether a world without violence could truly be possible.

"...I don't know, it's true as you say, ideals can get very detached from reality and this is no exception."

Still, the answer couldn't just be a silent resignation to the whims of the world. Back during her years of fragile mortality, Maria had to suffer everything from hunger to assault to bleeding out on the street after crossing to the neighbourhood controlled by the wrong gang, and it wasn't right for him, her - people with power - to let this sort of suffering pass just because they played a different part in the world.

"But higher ideals aren't there to be implemented in reality even though they wouldn't work - they're there to serve as a moral guide. We can't teach Hollows to live in peace, but we can teach Shinigami, and people who live on Earth, too, that maybe they should think again on whether using violence against one another is really the right answer, on any specific instance."

She lowered her blade.

"Are you familiar with Muimina Hyakuji?"

PLAYER

This is what it's like being the biggest and the strongest. I don't even exercise.

Koshou Avatar

Koshou

Post by Koshou on Nov 8, 2022 16:50:10 GMT -5

Koshou gives a pause, his blade mirroring Maria's as it lowers. The name doesn't sound familiar to him at all, and it shows on his face even before he shakes his head from side to side in the negative. 

"Doesn't ring a bell." There's more on the mind of the Soul Reaper, based on his expression but he curbs the urge to speak further, instead letting the silence stretch once more so that the other Shinigami can elaborate on the person she's brought up. "Should it?"

The question seems the only invitation Maria will need to offer the potential lesson, and after a moment Hattori takes the time to go through the ritual and motion of sheathing his Zanpakuto that ends with soft chink of sound as the hilt hits the scabbard. One hand raises up to rub and scratch at the back of the man's head, stepping off of the training mat for a moment as he does so. Reaching into the inner pocket of his Shihakusho, he retrieves a hand-rolled cigarette from his pouch and tucks it at the corner of his lips. Soon a match follows, struck with a tiny burst of flame and a small puff of smoke that's sure to leave it's aroma of sulfur behind. Taking a slow inhale from the smoke, Koshou turns his attention more completely back toward Maria as he returns as far as the edge of the training mat clearly not wanting to step on it while he's smoking.

GAME MASTER

Wandenreich - Soldat

Memories broken, the truth goes unspoken...

Hibano Avatar

Hibano

Post by Hibano on Nov 11, 2022 15:32:45 GMT -5

Hattori's lack of knowledge about Hyakuji was a little surprising, but perhaps not unexpected. A member of the Eleventh Division wouldn't necessarily have the chance to hear of the news from other Divisions, Maria knew about Hyakuji's promotion from the get go because they were personally familiar, but this definitely did not apply to the average member of the Eleventh.

"Muimina Hyakuji is the new captain of the Thirteenth Division, the one responsible for patrolling West Rukongai," Maria explained. Much like the other Shinigami, she stepped off the training mat, though she did not light up a cigarette. She did sheathe her Zanpakuto, however - it was clear that they weren't going to do that much sparring her any longer. "There was a ceremony a few weeks ago, where the previous Captain resigned to allow Hyakuji, a Shinigami of a new generation, to take his place."

Yoshi became his Vice-Captain, too. The plan which he had told her about was slowly yielding fruit - and, perhaps, with enough work, the two boys will succeed.

"He believes that the Gotei 13 can be a lot more than just brutish keepers of the balance. That there is a path to peace between all of the races, towards a more harmonious world where violence is a rarity, not a daily affair. And I think more people should give his ideas a listen."

PLAYER

This is what it's like being the biggest and the strongest. I don't even exercise.

Koshou Avatar

Koshou

Post by Koshou on Nov 14, 2022 14:43:36 GMT -5

There's a bit of silence for a moment, more for the interesting theories coming from someone newly risen to power, more so than the news of the promotion itself. There's a momentary nod from the Shinigami's head though, as he takes a slow drag of the cigarette that dangles from the corner of his mouth. 

"Oh! I might've heard something about that recently, but if I'm honest I've been as busy as I can be as of late.  And if I'm honest? Some of my more recent missions are enough to give me some understanding of that mindset." Koshou gives a grunt, a little cough and a plume of smoke as he grabs at the cigarette and retrieves it to hold in his hand a moment as he gestures, and talks. 

"I've met a couple of people, who seem to tally up a bit different from what they teach us to expect, you know? So I don't discount the possibility that such a future is something that can be achieved. But ... " the man shrugs, and slips the smoke back into his mouth to take a fresh drag and his next words come along with the soft exhale of smoke. "I don't think it'll be a future that comes swiftly. Until then? We are what we are, eh?"

With a last sigh, Koshou gives Maria a slight dip of the head, respectful and maybe something like a bow of sorts from the tall, burly man. He gives a last gesture, before turning himself toward the entrance to the dojo, and the courtyard of Division Eleven's Barracks. "It's been an interesting conversation .. I'm sure I'll catch you around." And he's off.