Bleach Hereafter RPG

The Endless Dunes [OPEN]

Player

Continuing to slaughter, kill, take. Life is to constantly sin. Life is evil itself.

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Dec 6, 2022 20:27:21 GMT -5

"The shinigami are an interest to me," the arrancar would say with a shrug once Milya told him that they'd chosen to focus more on themselves right now than worry about their resurrection.  "I've fought a few and from what I understand not a single one of them are unable to call upon their zanpaktou by the time they become shinigami.  They seem to have an academy where the learn the necessities of their trade and how to grow stronger...I suppose even that is in direct opposition to how we do things, where we gain power and learn those abilities as we grow." He shook his head.  "Ultimatly their use of bankai is the thing I'm most curious about and how it mimics our own power...as a side not I suppose I should say that theres no guarantee you'll lose your bipedal nature or your thumbs.  Honesty as long as you have those beautiful eyes of yours I think any form would be good."  He laughed as his small flirt but then turned somewhat serious.

"You also have to think of the social implications of not developing your ability to use your release.  Our power and value as the elite comes from our inherent power.  If you plan to stay loyal to the Queen you will only be of use to her as long as your are useful...releasing your resurrection is one of the first step and an arrancar who is unable to do so is given less than great treatment." He seemed almost to be talking from experience.  "Just because you don't need to eat other hollows to survive anymore doesn't mean there isn't a bigger fish out there that won't swallow you whole if you swim too slowly while crossing its path."

Player

Life is one hell of a stage, while death is just the final flourish

Milya Ilanos Avatar

Milya Ilanos

Post by Milya Ilanos on Dec 7, 2022 15:11:15 GMT -5

Milya's face becomes more serious as the stranger's words process, then they nod, leaning on their back foot lightly as they watch the moonlight gleam off of their blade. Though they wouldn't say it, especially not an arrancar they had just met and could be the most devout member of the court as far as Milya knew, the Hollow Queen... they could take or leave. Milya knew they wanted to be loyal to their Espada, who was incidentally loyal to the Hollow Queen, thus consequently, so were they. But... they look at their hand, then at the arrancar. "Is it better to get stronger and more competent in and of yourself, but not know how to activate this resurrection, or to be incompetent and know how to reach that release?" they ask, tipping their head, "I'm sure that it needn't be stated, but arrancars aren't shinigami. Power is what you make of it, and just because I plan to swim in another direction, it doesn't mean I'm swimming any slower."

They chuckle, and shrug, putting their sword back on their hip. "Besides, I'm not a stranger to being a social pariah because I do what I want. It's quite fun as long as nobody gets too murderous about it, which... they tend to, to their credit." They shudder, eyes shutting as they breathe out slowly, their fingers coming up and touching the circle markings on their face, before calming, and looking back at the stranger again. "I'd prefer to be mistreated doing what I would like than do what is expected of me. Though, I'm sure that I'll get around to learning this thing." Milya taps their hilt, and smile. "Though, that might just be my view of things."

Player

Continuing to slaughter, kill, take. Life is to constantly sin. Life is evil itself.

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Dec 7, 2022 17:05:28 GMT -5

Nezuel shook his head, curious about what the arrancar before him had said.  "People see those on the outside of social norms as weak, and besides that murder is inherent to our very being.  You should always do what you want to regardless of the consequences but...." he paused for a moment, thinking.  "We arn't shinigami, that much is true but I wonder if is not too far to say that we're still hollows either." He tapped at the hole in his neck  "Of some amount, certainly...but we've already discarded that winding and lonely path to the top of the food chain, that broken peak we call a Vasto Lorde." He had some opinions on that form of hollow and weather or not it was truly their final form or a self-imposed limitation.  Why were there so few of them and what made them so special?

"You've given me much to think about, so I shall give you a gift and a favor that you may call upon."  His eyes narrowed as he noticed movement far away, the stampede of more hollows coming this way.  The two of them had time but...it wouldn't do to get his new friend mauled, would it?  He held up his gloved hand, pulling at the fabric to reveal the tattoo that was there, three sixes that labeled him as a Privaron.  "My name is Nezuel, a name I don't think you should repeat within the courts...for it is not in high standing.  Secondly, I offer to show you a resurrection if it might help guide you on your path." he pulled the glove back on.  "And if you still desire to know me, then one favor that you might use for what you wish, though if you desire a place to stay away from the Queen's watchful eyes...that might be arrangable as well."

Player

Milya Ilanos Avatar

Milya Ilanos

Post by Milya Ilanos on Dec 8, 2022 13:37:53 GMT -5

The mention of arrancars not being fully hollow makes Milya's head tip a little more, their own hand mirroring their companion's movements as it heads to their chest, feeling around their hole. That... is true, huh. They often got pangs of hunger, but... hmm. Perhaps they were more like shinigami than Milya had originally thought, other than the whole sword thing. That might be something interesting to research into, when they get the chance, not that they knew where to start.

The sound of this arrancar's name, though, rang some kind of bell in Milya's brain. They're sure they've heard that somewhere before though. Nevertheless, they smile, offering a hand out to the newly-introduced Nezuel to shake, seemingly oblivious to the incoming stampede. "A pleasure," they say, "I... have already introduced myself, haven't I? Ah well. If you're willing to show me your resurrection, then I would be appreciative, though given your status and your reiatsu... I'd say it would be far stronger than anything I've seen before. As for a favour... it's not needed. You've given me just as much to think about."

They pause, and breathe out slowly. This man... mustn't be with the courts, then, for one reason or another. Hmm, well... that doesn't matter too much to Milya. "I don't know why I would need to disappear from the Hollow Queen's sight... but if that eventuality does occur - I do tend to bore or infuriate people quite quickly, I've been told - then I'll be sure to contact you. If you should need assistance, or find yourself in a tough spot, feel free to call on me. If I can come, I will, though as I'm sure you've surmised, I'm far from the strongest arrancar around." They frown. "Speaking of, in such an instance, how will I contact you? Or you contact me, for that matter."

Player

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Dec 11, 2022 8:52:01 GMT -5

They hadn't attacked his right away...which was promising.  He hadn't expected them to, part of the reason he had told them his name and who he was.  They didn't seem like the type that were overly loyal to the Queen, a fanatic that did her bidding for one reason or another.  Truth be told he didn't think that many of the Espada were either but there always were the oddballs.  Perhaps they'd seen the same thing he had because he had been subjected to the worst of feelings from the queen, absolute apathy.  For such a powerful being who always looked for something to entertain themselves, that was...quite bad.

"The favor is still there whether you want it or not." he'd say with a shrug.  "I've found that I might hole myself up in some dusty cave due to my old age if I'm not dragged out for one reason or another...plus it means you might call on me and I get to see your beautiful self again." he put a finger to his lips as he thought about how to contact Milya.  "Usually I've had given you my phone number but...you don't have a phone and I destroyed mine when the Primero started hunting me..."  He had a thought and started to gather reishi into a small glass vial...then he slit his wrist.  The blood fell into the tub and filled it about halfway before he stoppered it with a cork.  "Here you go," he'd say, tossing it to them.  "Drink that when you want to talk, its something I haven't tried yet but...it should work?"

If they inspected the blood in the tube, was it...moving by itself?

He turned, starting to walk away.  "I don't have amazing control over this form yet so I suggest you be careful if this fight goes on for too long.  It was nice to meet you~"  Then with his sword he cut his own neck as he jumped into the air. 

He exploded into blood, a different figure emerging from the red liquid, even as the blood began to follow him in a wave.  The mass of riatsu and the figure crashed to the ground on the opposite of the dune, out of view of Milya.  Should they look over they'd see the man slicing through hollows with an assortment of items and a weapon made of blood.  Odd attacks that seemed almost reminiscent of kido spells and even the occasional figure reaching out of the blood mass...even some of the hollows he killed recently.

Player

Milya Ilanos Avatar

Milya Ilanos

Post by Milya Ilanos on Dec 11, 2022 15:07:52 GMT -5

With some ease, Milya manages to catch the vial, examining it for a few seconds, before looking back to Nezuel. Really, they need to figure out where they heard that name. The writhing blood was a little macabre, but Milya couldn't say they didn't like his style. The casualness of it, more than anything had an interesting element to it. "Thank you, I'll be sure to keep it safe." Milya nods, and slips the blood into their pocket, tapping it a few times to ensure it was tight, and secure. "We wouldn't want it falling into unwanted hands, or talons."

What they didn't expect to see, though, was the man they'd been speaking to explode into droplets and splashes of plasma. The sight made the young arrancar stumble backwards, the dune's sand splashing outward to make room for them, as their breath caught. A few moments for their non-heart to stop pounding in their chest, Milya stands, moving further up, observing the new creature slicing through the hoards of hollows. It was nigh impossible to distinguish what blood was weaponised, and what was splurting free from Nezuel's victims.

Almost out of nowhere, Milya chuckles, a small smile on their face. "I can see why you prefer that shape." They could watch him make short work of those people all day, and he had certainly refined it into an art form. His art form. But, they didn't wish to be his paint. At least, not today. After a few more long moments, Milya pulls their eyes away from the massacre, traipsing back through the dunes towards Las Noches. They had certainly an interesting tale from it looking as though it would be dull, though something gave Milya the feeling that it should be one they shouldn't share.