Bleach Hereafter RPG

Jak O' The Shadows

Player

What is it that makes you tick...

Lazarus Jeager Avatar

Lazarus Jeager

Post by Lazarus Jeager on Nov 28, 2022 15:00:06 GMT -5

The travel would feel like a lifetime as they coasted over an ocean of sand, the night sky above doing it's best to try and hide them from any prying eyes, thought their black clothes did little to keep them hidden amongst the white of the sands. Lazarus said nothing as they moved, his thoughts churning over and over the scenario, all the while wondering why it had opted to hunt docile prey instead of them. It betrayed the characteristics of a normal predator, but then again at the level of Vasto Lorde a hollow more resembled a human than their original hollow state when they transformed from a soul. Given the nature of the creature it was entirely possible that the soul it used to be was a murderer or serial killer, or perhaps the mere existence and fight for survival drove it to such mannerisms. Then there was the thought of the lantern affixed to it's tail, was that an evolutionary trait or was that installed by the Queen for experimentation, whatever the case they weren't going to stay long enough to find out, skidding to a halt as Koshou worked to open the gate they came in from.

Any on lookers might think they were of one mind, for as the Shinigami turned his head, Lazarus' would do the same, their movements mirrored as they both laid eyes on the creature on the horizon. He heard the others words, not having to be told twice, he kicked off the sands with the same force as when they had been running, making sure that Koshou was behind him as they went through the portal. It didn't move at all, simply observing them as they made their escape, a more unsettling thought coming into his mind as the gate closed and they were, for the most part, safe from harm. The Vasto willingly let them escape with their lives, making sure to watch how they got away, as if to understand how it was they traveled too and from Hueco Mundo. If there was ever a creature on the verge of arrancarization that might be it, the behavior suggesting it had clear and concise motives and intents, not simply attacking at random or for territory. He'd let the thought marinate as they made their way to the human realm, the cool air of the now night sky caressing their faces as they exited the portal.

He would look to his Shinigami ally with a conflicted gaze, knowing he likely needed some form of support, but also knowing that Koshou needed to get back to relay what had happened as soon as possible. Lazarus sighed deeply, his body finally relaxing as the adrenaline worked it's way out of his veins and his pulse fell back into a normal rhythm.

"You're jobs not over yet, get back to Soul Society and fill them in one everything that happened tonight, try to give every detail you can. I have a theory about what we saw before we went through the gateway, but I'll have to think on it before coming to a conclusion about what that really was."

He paused a moment, not sure how to put the words together to show he was concerned for Koshou mentally and emotionally, looking off into the distance a handful of seconds before nodding and continuing.

"We'll have to get together for a drink of two...or ten to deal with all the other stuff that came with tonight, if this is the first time this has happened for you I'm sorry..."

Lazarus turned and made his way to the edge of the rooftop, looking down into the alleyways to make sure there weren't any onlookers. One final look back and he'd wave, hopping off the roof and into the alleyway with a final parting word.

"I'm keeping the clothing by the way!"

PLAYER

This is what it's like being the biggest and the strongest. I don't even exercise.

Koshou Avatar

Koshou

Post by Koshou on Nov 28, 2022 19:18:53 GMT -5

Koshou remains silent as they travel, his own mind working through the strangeness and inconsistencies that have come with tonight's events. Like his Quincy companion, the Soul Reaper cannot help but try to compare what he knows or what he is supposed to know, with the events that played out tonight, even as the pair of them find themselves surrounded on all sides by the eternal blackness of the Dangai realm while they run through it. There's not telling quite how long it takes them to make the trip, it's never quite the same though the stress of their running and their urgency makes the trip seem to go that much more swiftly as they finally make their way through the final segment of their travel and once more finding themselves back in the World of the Living.

"What? Oh .. yeah, my treat ...

The words that come from the man are distant, and far off and away though it seems apparent that Lazarus seems to know exactly what's on the burlier man's mind. Indeed, this does appear to be the first time Koshou's had to deal with losses on the battlefield, or having to watch those he might consider his brothers or comrades in arms fall to the sword. That long-off stare still permeates his expression, like he can still see the bodies of his fellow Shinigami falling in front of him off in the distance like slow motion. The words of the other man shock Koshou out of the stupor he's kind of fallen into while they've traveled and he almost manages to goose the Soul Reaper so deftly with his words that the man all but jumps out of his Shihakusho!

"I will .. thank you. And I'll hold you to it. I can .." There's a pause, a clenching of his teeth that is audible even to Lazarus' ears. "I can see this isn't really sitting right with you, any more than it is for me. I'll find you, after we've .. sigh. After we've counted the dead."

With that more solemn ending, Koshou is turning and as Lazarus moves to hop off of and away from the rooftop, Koshou is once more stabbing the blade of his sword into the very air and allowing it to disappear into the spaces and realms between to unlock the gate that will lead him back to his home in the Soul Society.