Bleach Hereafter RPG

Preparing the Soil [Event]

PLAYER

I have nothing to say.

Steve Avatar

Steve

Post by Steve on Dec 10, 2022 12:52:45 GMT -5

Steve raises his blade to his sleeve and cleans it of blood, before sheating it. He then in very few fluid motions applies a bandage to his own torso, right arm and shoulder.
He lets out a sigh of relief, as the constant frustration of the pyramid is over.
Looking over at Milya and Itsuki he nods.

"Good job gentlemen. Normally us Shinigami are supposed to take care of stuff by ourselves, though I am quite certain if it wasn't for the both of you, I would have perished. Please accept my humble gratitude"
Steve bows before Milya, then stands upright, turns to Itsuki and bows before him as well.

Steve picks up a rectangular device, a Shinigami phonening device, and speaks into it:
"Disturbance taken care of, Steve of the 4'th Division here, I will bring the mysterious device with me, no need to come yourselves."

He smiles at Milya "I dont know what you are, but I assume you would prefer that the Gotei 13 doesn't get involved. Speaking of which"
Steve takes Milyas hand and shakes it.
"What are you? I'm Steve."

It sets in that he won a fight. One where he wasn't forced to be fodder nor to backup the typical asshats of the 11'th division. This did bring him joy, but realising just how weak he was compared to the two others, there was much to learn and much to improve upon, the next time Steve would enter the field, he would be prepared for the task ahead.

I wonder if Captain and the Lieutenant would be impressed? I should be careful, for I cant take the whole credit and I also cannot disclose who aided me.
Steve shrugged and laughed at himself without disclosing his thoughts.

"If we do meet again, know that you have an Ally in this Shinigami, but don't slack or I'll outpace you by next time."

PLAYER

Ashes to ashes, the ocean crashes

Itsuki Hasegawa Avatar

Itsuki Hasegawa

Post by Itsuki Hasegawa on Dec 11, 2022 8:48:22 GMT -5

Slow, Itsuki's arm fell back down to his side. His first proper breath in the hot air felt strange and heavy in his lungs, a stitch chewing at the underside of his ribs.
    Collapsing monuments of scrap and the detritus it flung into the air had the monk squinting against the image of the wretched hordes of hell being reclaimed by the darkened underworld.
    As one, the threads upon his flesh faded away. With a twitch of his hand the final remnant of his release betwixt thumb and forefinger dwindled and died, last prayer bead fizzling into nothingness. A rumble of a breath rattled in his chest and bounced around his throat, the cramp under his chest twinging.
Glassy-eyed focus shivered down into nothingness as tinnitus faded. Suddenly, his vision was naught but a blur. Images of those men and women, bastardised and stripped of their morals were burning in the theatre of his mind. Up came thumb and forefinger, pushing back the warm waters spilling down his cheeks. Sticky friction painted his face.
    Blinking free the tears, he looked upon his hands and found himself painted in crimson splatters. Where it had met the condemning fires of his fullbring it had blackened, dried and cracked in other places. The rapidly cooling breeze brushed against him, his awareness retreating from the spiritual to take note of the congealing layer of his own blood trickling about his upper body. It felt like it was everywhere. Where endless pinpricks and holes should have been, only the smattering of blood could be found. Some small mercy. Judging by the aching pain he was lucky to be alive. He looked beyond his hand.
    Bloodied and burnt bandages, melted concrete and scrapped cars. Split paving, demolished homes and fractured piping. Ashes.
    When did his power grow to be like this?
    Was it okay to be capable of uprooting the world like this?
    Humans, they had been fighting humans. Kami forgive them.
    As he came back to mortal reality the spirits whispered of the corruption staining them fading away.
    At last Itsuki turned to address his allies with a smile, cheeks glistening with bloodied tears. "Fullbringer, I think. A kind of human. You two, if my lessons serve, are an Arrancar and a Shinigami. It's a little surprising how many I've seen working together lately." His voice betrayed the dryness of his throat, laboured breath whistling through his speech. "...Speaking of, I'd like to ask you two for your company. I can't imagine there are many places in Soul Society or Hueco Mundo where you can recover together, we'd best find somewhere in the living world for that."An undercurrent of sadness washed beneath the sincerity in his ragged tone.
Player of:
Itsuki Hasegawa (Fullbringer Caster)
Cuetlachtli (Arrancar Prodigy)

Est. reply time 24 - 48 hours
GMT+0