Bleach Hereafter RPG

Cursed [Event]

Player

Insert Passive Aggressive Statement Here

snugglyrum Avatar

snugglyrum

Post by snugglyrum on Dec 2, 2022 12:15:45 GMT -5

M already had it's feet up on the desk as a sudden rush of air marked the arrival not one, but two arrancar and a hollow.  Though for Esper, this would be more or less something they had experienced before.  The other one on today's next attack against the Moirai's assets was actually a member of the OGA.  As usual M was seated with the massive number of names that the OGA had over the years.  From the Illuminati, to the Masons, to the modern nomenclature of "The Spangler Institute." The OGA had always existed in one way or another and when people figured it out, M just relocated and someone came up with a new name.

The conference room had an actual assortment of refreshments this time.  Mainly for Esper and the actual OGA agent.  The others, would find that inside this room, M was basically god.  If the fact that M had just teleported them into the room was not enough of that.  M was already putting jam on a muffin to go with it's tea.  Lazarus would be the last one they were waiting for, and would actually be briefed on the mission, unlike the poor sods that were either shot or recruited.  

M addressed Esper as she arrived, but carefully waited to talk to the others.  "Welcome back! I have another job for you, and I am interested to see what it will cost me this time."  Getting right to their arrangement. 

Then, M looked at the new arrivals.  "Hello, welcome to the OGA, you have all been forcibly recruited to do a job for us today.  So, let's get the formalities out of the way, you may call me, M.  This is the OGA, don't bother trying to figure out where you are, you wont.  After all, we are not official, and we don't exist.  Anyway, our motto is shoot it, or recruit it, so make your choice now.  Now then, you are all here to rescue a human before the Moirai kill them and set us back a few years.  We know that the Moirai have already sent a kill team so time is of the essence."
Last Edit: Dec 2, 2022 12:16:46 GMT -5 by snugglyrum

Player

What is it that makes you tick...

Lazarus Jeager Avatar

Lazarus Jeager

Post by Lazarus Jeager on Dec 3, 2022 8:33:08 GMT -5

Making his way through the labyrinthian like structure that was the OGA, Lazarus walked double time to get to the room in question, opening the door to the conference room just as M had finished their introduction to the rest of the group. He would come up to the table and give a nod of respect to M before looking over the rest of the people in the room. There was only one person here that he recognized and knew on a less than professional level, though it wasn't entirely shocking to him to find Nezuel in this room given the circumstances.

Plucking a croissant from the table, he would cut it in half and apply a fair amount of butter to both interior sides before closing it back up and taking a bite, holding a plate under it to not get any crumbs on the floor. given the nature of the mission he was already falling into his old soldier mentality, opting to stand for the rest of the briefing as he had already read over it and knew the more broad details that were just given to the group. The Quincy did find the humor in the fact that he was going to be amongst a handful of hollows for this task, but now wasn't the time to laugh or joke about it. Finishing the baked good, Lazarus would set the plate on the table and wipe his mouth with a napkin, clearing his throat before speaking finally.

"For urgency sake I'll be brief, I'm Lazarus for those who don't know me. Do we have any other intel on this kill team or is it going to be assess on site?"

Player

I have nothing to say.

yaksha Avatar

yaksha

Post by yaksha on Dec 3, 2022 14:50:09 GMT -5

The large, sleek form of an untransitioned hollow yet filled the room, seeming so large he would've scraped his head on most ceilings or doorways.  Over each shoulder, a tail that resembled a spiked chain was coiled in loose braids, bringing to mind someone at rest, waiting for an opportunity to lash out.  His expression was impossible to read from behind the mask, but red sigils blazed all across his body, swirling and flashing to life before fading and being replaced by that same unblemished, odd white carapace.  He lifted one finger, and then glanced towards Lazarus, before beginning to speak.

"I will be taking lead, and coordinating our efforts.  This is simply because I have the best capacity of everyone present to understand the shifting contingencies present in any job of this sort.  If others want to question my orders, they are free to do so, but they'll very quickly find themselves well out of their element.  My strength is in observing and assessing, so I have no intention of letting myself be outshined.  To wit, I have one question before we even begin to discuss anything else."

He approached M, movements betraying some odd and incomprehensible framework beneath that carapace.  His limbs kept folding at odd places, completely impossible for anyone with a defined knee and ankle, and his gait seemed to shift to the extent that he couldn't be said to walk as such; it looked more like he was falling forward and catching himself each time.  It looked incredibly goofy, and gave the impression of a person who had to focus far more just to cross a room than others should in the same circumstances.  He then crouched down, eyes looking directly into the benefactor's.

"You are hiding information from us.  This is to be expected, and encouraged.  Know that we are doing the same.  You can threaten, bully, and demand of us all you want.  Malicious compliance is one of my most prized traits.  I will give you what you ask, insofar as I know.  This means that I consider the target 'rescued' if I drag their corpse and soul here, and let you sort out the rest.  If there is an item in their possession you need, I will bring that to you.  The more you seek to hide from us, the less satisfied you'll be with the outcome.  The more you tell me, the better I work."

Player

Continuing to slaughter, kill, take. Life is to constantly sin. Life is evil itself.

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Dec 3, 2022 15:36:19 GMT -5

Nezuel had just stepped out of his home in the mortal world to eat when he was whisked away to some other place.  He hadn't detected any riatsu signature, no warning...nothing.  That was the most unsettling thing he had encountered to date...someone with the ability to move you against their will.  There certainly had to be a limit but since he didn't have the best information on where he was or what had happened....he could only assume that the person who brought him here was an order of magnitude stronger than him.

At the very least there was food but he had the feeling it wasn't meant for him but instead of Lazarus who seemed to know this place at least a little.  But besides that the people in the room seemed to mostly be hollows which was rather weird since the man in charge wasn't.  Was this some sort of convict project?  Either way when Lazarus walked into the room and started talking the arrancar turned and walked to the opposite side of the room as the...non-menos started to talk...and rather eloquently.

"I have no issue being a temporary worker for you and your organization." He'd say, once he'd gotten over the shock of the hollow's words.  "But my freedom is something I rather enjoy and I don't like being a slave." he glanced at the hollow.  "So if you promise to let us go unharmed after this mission you have, then I agree to your terms."

Player

I have nothing to say.

esperanzzaditta Avatar

esperanzzaditta

Post by esperanzzaditta on Dec 4, 2022 23:59:29 GMT -5

When Esper felt the familiar feeling of being pulled into the OGA's meeting room. She pushed the seat back and put her legs across from one another on the table. Before looking to see that instead of the people that went on the mission last time. She sees an unfamiliar Hollow and Arrancar. She never saw either in Hueco Mundo. Either one of the many free Hollows and Arrancars that have yet to be under her majesty's heels and thus could be wild and unpredictable.

M then asked what her payment would be this time.

"Well, I was wondering if there was some way you could add cable into my little home so that I can get TV from this world in Hueco Mundo. I look after a couple of young Arrancar who got their masks cracked more and got changed and no longer fit for combat because of it and the DVD's I have been bringing them can only keep their attention spans distracted for so long while I work and I wouldn't mind winding down now and then either to watch entertainment I have been missing out over the years," Esper said.

She then listened as M explained that now their job was to protect one of their OGA agents from a group of assassians. Obviously is this person needs protection either they are not as powerful as anyone in this room is, the assailants are particularly strong, or they can't handle four people people at the same time. Then she stared as a Quincy came into the room. The fact that he wasn't teleported and just walked right in suggested to her that perhaps that he was already an agent in their organizaiton still she felt unease working alongside one since she had a bad experience in the past with one.

Then she looks toward the Hollow who claims himself to be the best one to lead the charge and also tries to threaten M to let out more information. She then gets her feet off the table and looks toward the Hollow.

"Listen, I don't know what hole from the Menos Forest you crawled out of, but if you think you're the most capable one here you are sorely mistaken. Not only am I a Fraccione of Numero Cinco of the Espada but I have done one of these jobs for M before and not did I play my part well I did it by absolutely demolishing the guy I was tasked to take the key from. What exactly do you have that I don't that makes you so sure of yourself?" she asked the Hollow.

Player

snugglyrum Avatar

snugglyrum

Post by snugglyrum on Dec 5, 2022 9:09:47 GMT -5

M leaned back and looked at Lazarus. "Remember when the OGA had you threaten the Diviner? The individual that we needed them to find is the assassin's target. Intelligence shows they will send the black fang or the silver bullet to kill the human in question." M stated as it looked at the hack job of a manicure they needed to redo sometime in the future.

If M was put off by the monstrous hollow's odd movements, it did not show any sign of it. Though if the thing knew who M was, it would probably be cowering in fear asking to be forgiven for some sin that M could not care about nor really minded to deal with. M cared about saving the world, unlike the Lotus, that did not involve destroying it for selfish reasons. Though, the reason they cared about saving the world was entirely selfish. After all, M was a hero because their friend had simply made a good argument that it was the one thing they were not expected to do.

So, M waited as the hollow got close and shrugged. "We call it need to know, and when you need to know, you'll know. But since you seem to want real directions. Bring me back the human and soul that the assassins are targeting, all their limbs attached, and alive with all their organs." M stated. "The OGA's threat remains the same, Shoot it, Or Recruit it. Nothing more, nothing less. If you aren't an asset, you are a threat." M pointed out.

M then addressed Nezuel. "After you are done here, you can go your separate way and maybe you never hear from us again. Maybe this was just some unfortunate dream. Or maybe you decide we are the only organization who wants peace and you join up. Does not matter to me. We need assets."

M then went back to addressing Esper. "Do you have your own power or would you need a reishi generator for your TV, and why cable, we can give you full internet access. We have to keep the smartphones for our Heuco Mundo agents working somehow. Thank Soul Society, they gave us the technology, though unwillingly."

M stated as they agreed to Esper's terms. Much easier were the ones who understood what they wanted. It also made it easier to negotiate. "As for who's in charge, I don't care, but if I-we don't get this human back. Then the OGA will have a large problem in the future when it comes to stopping these beings from irreparably damaging reality." M relaxed and tossed out two folders with images of golden statues in faceless masks.

One, the armor seemed more adorned with wolfish overtures, like that of a medieval knight with a blacksmith far too good at their job, and the other, was as sleek and featureless as the mask. They were labeled by codename and their records included a lot more than just human massacres. If it was supernatural, they had probably assassinated it at one point.

"Very little information except they're good at their job. Oh and, for your sake, the OGA recommends not doing anything to jar the human your protecting's soul. The effects may be catastrophic if they are awakened incorrectly."

Player

Lazarus Jeager Avatar

Lazarus Jeager

Post by Lazarus Jeager on Dec 5, 2022 17:31:56 GMT -5

Lazarus opted to ignore the two hollows bickering about who might be better than the other, instead picking up the folders and flipped through them, disgruntled at the lack of information in them, impressed by the grocery list of entities they had slaughtered thus far. Setting the folders back onto the table, he sighed at the thought of how powerful these people might be, knowing that the strongest person in the room outside of M was likely Nezuel, but he hadn't seen what the other hollows could do yet. Amber hued eyes glanced over at the arrancar in question, though given how he had reacted when Lazarus entered the room, it would appear he was still in the 'dog house' as it were. Something to try and rectify after the mission, which would remain his top priority.

"Given the efficiency with which these people go about their work I'd assume it'd going to be near impossible to get the human out without bloodshed on either side. I'll be up front with you all, I'm more a healer than a front line fighter, though if the situation calls for it then so it shall be. Depending on how they work, I might become the first target to attack once we get in the way, if that is the case I'll do my best to distract and deter them until the target is safe and secure. It'd do us all well to know what roles we play on the battlefield, better to get it out of the way now before we get into the thick of it."

Lazarus held no strong emotion in his features or voice as he spoke, simply trying to get this mission underway as quickly and cleanly as possible. While he didn't care about who 'ran' the mission, he did care about making sure everyone was on the same page as what the mission actually was. Given the display before him by the two hollows bidding for leadership, he wouldn't be surprised if they got off track and tried to value victory over securing the target. It was probably true that M hadn't given them all the facts, but the less someone knew the less complicated a job had to be, and Lazarus could do with just having to worry about securing the human and their soul.

Player

I have nothing to say.

yaksha Avatar

yaksha

Post by yaksha on Dec 5, 2022 19:59:56 GMT -5

"It is precisely because you cannot distinguish between asset and liability that we have been summoned here." 

His tail moved sinuously, like it was its own living creature, wrapping around one of the files and dragging it towards him, before he clasped it in one hand, not looking away from M for a single second.  He simply listened to the complaints of the arrancar present, and lifted his free hand in a hand-down gesture, long sharp fingers pointed towards the ground, as if signalling for something or someone, before twitching his hand ever so slightly as he handed the folder to them, and began to walk towards the corner of the room.

"What I have is an observant eye and a great deal of patience.  That you know the slightest bit more about M than me doesn't change the fact that in the face of infinity, one and two are equally meaningless.  I am not here to kill, or to obtain a key, or to interrogate.  This is an extraction mission.  And I haven't asked my question yet.  Although, at this point, I can tell it would be meaningless to do so, as I would be given some pitiful non-answer, and then looked down upon further for my insistence on standards in my potential employers."

He hunkered down in a corner, his legs splaying out and turning halfway up the leg like some kind of macabre corkscrew, until his toes were pointed directly at the floor, and his hands folded over his chest.  He didn't speak for several long moments, simply listened to the others, and then rose his voice in a dreamy, almost half-asleep way, like the answer wasn't actually that important to him, and he had already begun to think of something faroff and impossible to guess.

"I excell in wars of attrition.  Mobility, survival, and identifying key targets are my specialties.  I don't expect to have any opportunity to use my strengths today."
Last Edit: Dec 5, 2022 20:00:26 GMT -5 by yaksha

Player

Continuing to slaughter, kill, take. Life is to constantly sin. Life is evil itself.

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Dec 5, 2022 22:04:40 GMT -5

Nezuel's opinion of the other arrancar in the room immediately went up when her request for payment was voiced.  He could understand what was needed when it came to feeding other hollows and providing them a place to live safely.  He'd adopted two strays of his own and he while he wasn't against gaining more anything non-hollow would be an issue...after all their issue of food had been solved by their very own enemy.  Still the woman seemed to know this organization and even broached upon the subject of payment...he could only assume that his and the other hollow's payment might be considered their lives.  It was rude but he supposed it was how this organization worked.  There was, of course, also the fact that she was a faccion...would she recognize him or would the Primero not have spread that information that far?

"Should I assume, then, that Mr. Jeager is the leader of this operation?" the arrancar asked, eyes moving between M, Lazarus, and Esper.  He and the other hollow were out, even if he was the strongest within the group undertaking this mission.  "If so then he already knows my capabilities, just point me at the direction of the thing you want me to take care of sir."  The fact that Lazarus was a part of this organization meant that they knew about him, likely his capabilities, perhaps even Haven.  How stupid he'd been...maybe the quincy had even suggested him for this mission in the first place hoping he'd die...was this some sort of suicide squad?

"In war more people die to shallow cuts and disease rather than anything else.  Meanwhile at the same time a group cannot function without a head.  For that simple matter we need to protect the leader and the person who likely knows the most of this operation.  In addition." He pointed a finger at Lazarus' head, tempted to fire a lightning bolt at it.  "Protect the cleric.  Its good that those two goals, in this case, are one."

Player

I have nothing to say.

esperanzzaditta Avatar

esperanzzaditta

Post by esperanzzaditta on Dec 6, 2022 21:32:33 GMT -5

When asked about offering internet instead of cable. Esper was surprised though she didn't show it to see M slip and let Esper know that there are agents in Hueco Mundo and apparently they have smartphones. This will be vital information to let Las Noches know and make it easier to weed out the OGA agents. Perhaps even having that one Espada can hack them somehow. He's the one that allowed Las Noches to have technology and a power source.

"Thanks to a brainy Espada we already have our own type of generator so no need to provide one for me, though perhaps it'd be better to have internet as you said especially cause I heard that streaming is all the rage apparently," Esper said.

She rolled her eyes as the big Hollow kept talking. Though it seemed that the other Arrancar elected for the Quincy of all people to be the leader since he works with the OGA and has healing capabilities. She didn't expect an Arrancar crazy enough to suggest something like that. Though getting a good look at him she is reminded of this one Hollow who brought a Shinigami into Negal Arena that she heard rumors about. Could it be that he's the same one?

Then again, an Arrancar saying a Quincy should be in charge of a team with two Arrancar and a Hollow would be crazy enough to do something like that. She needs to keep a further eye on Nez. Though to do that she would have to be with him and with what she knows of the mission at hand. She turns toward M.

"So unlike the last mission, we will be doing this together instead of splitting up, or will we have to split into teams of two since there seem to be two assassins from what we know of these files? Especially since most likely, they will be a lot tougher than those Druids from the heist. Though granted not that the one I fought was any special as he left and almost sounded the alarm before I took care of him." Esper asked.

Player

snugglyrum Avatar

snugglyrum

Post by snugglyrum on Dec 7, 2022 12:53:25 GMT -5

M didn't seem to care about who was in charge. That was not its concern. It cared about results, Lazarus and Esper knew that, the others, probably not so much. M wanted a drink, the arguing every time they were forcing people to save the friggen world was just no fun. Just go solve the problem, this was why Soul Society, the Reich and Hueco Mundo never got anything done. That and hokey religions and ancient weapons.

The two files that the hollow began to page through would explain why M had not considered the idea that the assassins were two or that there needed to be two teams. They fought as a tandem pair, with the wolf doing the close work or spotting while the bullet ran cover or shooter depending on the job. Their names were linked to both supernatural and real assassinations for the past twenty years. Which was probably pretty creepy to say the least.

With access to the Moirai, there was even a file labeled "Knoll" on one of the deeper pages, that linked the pair to a certain president and a few time travelers that had tried to stop the event in question. "Lazarus knows about as much as you know about me, after all you don't want to know about me. I am told it seems to be hazardous to your health." M stated as it shifted its weight and pushed their hair out of their face.

"Quite right, one group, bring me back the human. Lazarus should remember where they are. Good, as he is an Agent, he can easily get you through one of the gateways to the world. Now we have an agent lost behind enemy lines we need to get back to attempting to locate, so if there's nothing else, cheerio."
M stated and started to get up and leave this to the cats as it were. 
Last Edit: Dec 8, 2022 9:29:49 GMT -5 by snugglyrum

Player

Lazarus Jeager Avatar

Lazarus Jeager

Post by Lazarus Jeager on Dec 8, 2022 14:13:09 GMT -5

Either he had just been appointed leader by Nezuel or the one wanting to run the show just gave up the position, whatever the case he had to at least open the gate to get them where they needed to be. He'd rifle around in his suit jacket pockets for a moment before pulling out his phone, going through a number a menus and lists before falling on the approximate coordinates of where they had to be. Thanks to his outing with a certain clairvoyant woman he had narrowed it down to Nevada, most of the work since then has been tracking the individual down to a specific town, the organization had the resources to get at least that much.

"Alright I'll be opening the gateway in just a moment, now is the time to prepare yourself mentally and physically. We may be walking straight onto the battlefield so keep your senses sharp and be ready for anything, don't forget the reason you've been summoned here for this mission, extract the human safely and without harming their soul."

It would be a moment of concentration as he made a mental image of the location in question that they were headed too, his arm raised up to the wall closest to him. A Quincy cross dangled from his wrist, a moment passing with silence from him as an inky blackness formed on his palm. Much like the shadow like portals of his people, Lazarus would conjure the shadowy gateway into existence on the wall, the matter itself looking almost fluid as he zeroed in on the desired location. Nothing was viewable from this side, but he'd turn to the group again with a more stoic gaze, not quite looking at anyone but more so through them as he evoked his soldier training.

"Alright let's go."

Player

I have nothing to say.

yaksha Avatar

yaksha

Post by yaksha on Dec 15, 2022 19:05:29 GMT -5

"My wits are as sharp as they'll get.  I walk into so many active battlefields already, I can hardly think of a single thing these two could do that I'm unprepared for."

The hollow glanced upwards, its gaze once again taking in the room and its participants, simply seeming to fade into the background as he watched the others banter and argue.  There was so very little worth saying here, no point trying to feed into the actions of the other hollowbreeds, allowing their delusions or eccentricities to distract.  He simply looked towards Lazarus, and then gave a lazy, nonchalant shrug.  If SOMEONE had to run this shitshow, let it be the human instead.  At least then the others wouldn't run around posturing  or whining.

"I will consider my reward for this task being the opportunity to see you three in action, so don't hold back.  It would be a shame if I walked away from today feeling unsatisfied."
Last Edit: Dec 15, 2022 19:06:27 GMT -5 by yaksha

Player

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Dec 16, 2022 22:32:09 GMT -5

While he didn't like the way that the others, especially the other arrancar, looked at him.  Perhaps it was a bit odd to recommend a human, a quincy of all things, to ldead them but it was the only logical choice.  With a nod at Lazarus' words Nezuel would start to move, following the others.  He hadn't ever used the shadow magic that Lazarus seemed to use and he was wholly unsure if it was specific to him or to all quincies.  He remembered the burning sensation that he had felt when quincy and hollows met and he really hoped that actual quincy magic wouldn't do the same to his entire body.

"I'm not sure if going all out would be a good idea in my case." he would say, eyeing the hollow from the side.  The non-meno was certainly strong, stronger than average, but if he fully released his spiritual pressure, just what would happen?  He had a small hope that it just might make the hollow go pop, blow up or crushed under the weight.  It would show the lengths he had gone since he achieved this form.  But...that hollow was on his side for the moment, perhaps a little show was payment enough to see if that would happen.  "But I'll see what I can do." He finished before stepping into the shadows.

Player

snugglyrum Avatar

snugglyrum

Post by snugglyrum on Dec 24, 2022 9:59:26 GMT -5

M watched them go before getting on the phone. "Armorer, put the barrier back up in the conference room." It stated and a set of runes lit up on the walls and M headed out and back to their office.
Downtown Las Vegas
It was sunny and bright, morning, and extremely, hot. Then again when the intrepid heroes head right onto the strip in Last Vegas, that is pretty much what you paid for, metaphorically speaking. The group would find themselves overlooking the famous fountains, straight out of a movie. Though if Lazarus had used it as a reference or it was more or less just the easiest place to think of was anyone but his guess.

As per the usual, the city was bustling, people walking around in every which direction with some sin in mind to fulfill or some convention or meeting they needed to make happen. Downridden gamblers looking to lose their next dime at the hollow promise of winning at some point. While the city did not smell of loss and decay like New York or Ol' London in the worst parts, Vegas smelt of stale perfume, lost innocence and gaudy nights.

Unfortunately, aside from the usual, nothing seemed directly out of the ordinary. Then again, with the exception of Lazarus, no one knew what the human looked like. Though, the beacon of energy coming from the Mandalay Bay waters was any indication it might not be hard to find. Except it almost seemed like a fallout wave with a point of origin still slowly washing out.