Player

I have nothing to say.

Vaera Vael Avatar

Vaera Vael

Post by Vaera Vael on Dec 17, 2022 16:28:06 GMT -5

Mission 1: Gift Delivery
Type: Courier
Level: 1
Description: Deliver Christmas gifts to random recipients with the following conditions:
  • Make sure the gifts are still intact at the end of the courier mission.
  • Do not engage with Krampus yet, the main objective is to deliver the gifts first.
  • Do not let Krampus track you or find the recipient of the gift.

Ah, the holidays. A time of peace, and good will, and all the sweets that one could eat until they got sick. It was a time when everything slowed down and was as lovely as the world had ever seen, with lights and snow as far as the eye could see. Vaera loved this time of year, and today was no exception, even under the circumstances. Dressed from head to toe in bright red and white, complete with the hat and stockings to keep her legs warm against the cold underneath her skirt, she hummed a jolly tune to herself as she sorted through the large bag of wrapped gifts.

Apparently, most people didn't dress the part for this job, but she'd wanted to take advantage of the excuse to wear a cute Santa outfit. The only thing out of place was the silver cross hanging from her wrist, in an otherwise perfect seasonal ensemble.

Vaera straightened up with a low groan, her back protesting the job already. She couldn't back out now, though. She wasn't just delivering gifts to children around town. She had been sensing a Hollow stalking the streets for a little while now, around where other couriers had been attacked and their parcels stolen. So, not only was this about making this Christmas a happy one for the children, but there was also a Hollow about that needed to be dealt with! The pay wasn't bad, either, of course.

"I brought you these gifts! Pa-rum-pa-ra-pum~" Her humming turned to quiet self singing for a moment, before it turned back to humming again when she'd forgotten the next line. With a small amount of focus, the silver bangle worn around her wrist came briefly to life, and reishi pulled from the air into shape around her palm. However, instead of a bow, the shape that appeared in her hand was a broom, which she fed through the handles attached to her bag and left to float in the air for a moment. Gesturing with two of her fingers, she directed the broom to rise just a little, until the bag was off the ground, and she inspected and tested the vehicle for a moment.

Finally satisfied with her idea, and smiling to herself for her own creativity, Vaera lowered the broom so that she could hop on and take her seat. After all, she didn't have a car. Did anyone expect her to carry the heavy bag around town on her back? Let's be serious...

Across the street, a creature with horns stared hungrily from the shadow of a sign upon the roof. Its breaths growled in its throat as it watched the young woman start off slow, then rise further and take off above the street. It began to move, then was startled by the speed with which she carried herself through the skies. A heavy, rumbling breath was all the sound it made before it lurched and started off in the direction its target had gone, leaping from one rooftop to the next faster than any mortal could conceive.
Last Edit: Dec 18, 2022 20:41:27 GMT -5 by Vaera Vael

Player

Continuing to slaughter, kill, take. Life is to constantly sin. Life is evil itself.

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Dec 18, 2022 19:15:16 GMT -5

Nezuel wasn't really sure what was happening.  Snow had started to fall and the seasons had changed but that wasn't the weirdest thing that happened.  Everyone he encountered seemed to have a smile on their faces despite the cold.  He was aware that it was nearing a holiday but why it seemed so...major simply confused him.  Once more it almost seemed as if the hollows of Hueco Mundo had taken a vacation from their never ending hunt on the traitorous arrancar...so Nezuel supposed he might as well celebrate as well.

He hadn't been materialized too long in the human world when some old lady had pinched his cheeks and put a red and white fuzzy hat on  his head.  He wasn't really sure of the significance but it kept his head a little warmer and the smile on her face was contagious to a point that he had started helping her handing out brightly colored boxes and other gifts...that was until he noticed something rather parculiar.

There was a hollow in the crowd, leaping from place to place.  His manifestation had the downside of taking away his spiritual abilities besides the basics but it did make him feel human...had that hollow not even sensed him?  Then again it seemed distracted and...chasing someone?  The arrancar's curiosity was piqued and he soon found himself leaving his materialized body.  Somehow the hat the old lady had given him came with him even though by all intents and purposes it was a normal mundane piece of clothing.

The arrancar used sonido to catch up to the flying human, creating a reishi platform to fly along side her.  "Um...excuse me. You seem to have a horny hollow chasing you." he'd point towards the odd hollow, inwardly smiling at the odd wording.   He held out his hand to the woman as if flying while being chased was a perfectly normal thing.  "Nezuel, pleasure to meet you."

Player

Insert Passive Aggressive Statement Here

snugglyrum Avatar

snugglyrum

Post by snugglyrum on Dec 18, 2022 19:23:17 GMT -5

Janus was cold. She hated the holidays, they made too many people gather in smaller areas, that meant she had to avoid all of them. She had on a T-shirt bearing the legend "If you can read this, pull me out of the snow" in upside down text. Beyond that she had her tailored cream jacket that she luckily had fed so that it would not devour some poor child. She sneezed as her divination pinged a blue mage and she groaned.

She sniffed again as she walked towards the blue mage more because there was nothing else going on. The diviner wiped her nose and looked at the broom with the set of presents through it. "What the hell?" Janus stated to nothing in particular. Janus sighed and sneezed, loudly, and three other Janus flew out of her body. The Cyclops, the punk rocker, and the blue mage Janus all were thrown clear of the Diviner. Their ethereal forms looking rather annoyed at this development.

Janus looked at the white robe as it teleported around and shivered. "You do not see stuff like that everyday." She said as the other Janus got up and brushed the snow off themselves. The three of them started fanning out in different directions just in case something happened as the Prime Janus looked at a box in front of her, and then around.

"Weird night." She stated to nothing and grabbed the box and waved it at the... witch? Blue mage, witch, did blue mages have witches? "You dropped one." She sniffled to the other girl before looking at the white robe. Her divination had already shown her the odd form of Nezuel from the future. Janus nodded at him.

The punk rocker walked up behind Janus a second later and stepped into Janus' body, disappearing after superimposing her future back into Janus' present. The other two were now looking around for anything else.
Last Edit: Dec 18, 2022 19:24:49 GMT -5 by snugglyrum

Player

I have nothing to say.

Vaera Vael Avatar

Vaera Vael

Post by Vaera Vael on Dec 19, 2022 14:44:34 GMT -5

Okay, so the broom, while a fantastic idea in her mind, required a little more focus than she had anticipated to keep both in place underneath her and flying through the air. How else was she to explain how a stranger had flown right up alongside her and scared her like he had? That was the story, and she was sticking to it.

Vaera squeaked and flinched a little atop her mobile construct, and felt herself slide a little bit and begin to tilt to the side. Correcting herself wasn't difficult, though it took a moment of panic before she accidentally ran into the side of an approaching building. By the time she'd turned her head to look at the stranger, he was pointing out the Hollow that was following her in most confusing fashion. Well, it was confusing for about two seconds, then her brain caught up to the choice of wording, and she failed to stop her snickering before it came out.

"I see." She snickered again, and her eyes found the horned monster giving chase across the rooftop on the other side of the street. She was about to give her name when the creature changed its posture, and her eyes opened wide at the sight of its direction veering towards her, "I'm Vaer-AHH!"

She squeaked again, and pulled on the end of her broom to raise it and herself further up into the air. Not even a moment later, the Hollow crashed through where the bag of gifts had just been hanging and through the side of the building. She pushed herself to fly faster, gaining altitude and getting further away from...

Wait. Had it been aiming for the gifts, and not her?

Player

Continuing to slaughter, kill, take. Life is to constantly sin. Life is evil itself.

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Dec 20, 2022 18:49:57 GMT -5

The hollow, that was to say Nezuel in this case, moved forward reflexibly as he scared the human infront of him.  "Sorry, can't have you falling for me this soon." he'd say with a smile, before she managed to right herself and fly off.  He almost responded with how odd a name 'Vaer-AHH!' was but when the horned hollow burst into the building she had been by he got his answer.  But the human seemed rather agile, avoiding the hollow and flying off.  For some odd reason he had the feeling that he shouldn't mess with the hollow, not yet, there was something more important to do.

It was then that his attention was grabbed by a familiar face...faces?  He remembered the small hotel that he had taken shelter in once, the odd human who used odder terms to describe the spiritual world.  For some odd reason he had thoght it might be too dangerous for her to go out and fight...yet here she was...perhaps she'd run if that hollow noticed the present that she had in her hands.

It was almost as if thinking about it caused it to happen.  The Krampus hollow turned at the noise Janus made and his eyes widened as it saw the present.  It was soon charging at the fullbringer, leaving long grooves in the building where it had pushed off with its feet.  Nezuel was quicking on the draw, however, already moving towards Janus is a sonic boom as sonido was used once again.  He appeared next to the fullbringer and tried to take the item, putting on arm on them if they let him.  "Hey again, sorry, not much time.  Wanna come fly with me?" 

And with that, if she let him, he'd grab her and the present and appear once again next to the witch on the broom.  He tossed the present at the girl.  "Nice to meet you Vaer-AHH, my name is Nezuel.  The pleasure is all mine."

Player

snugglyrum Avatar

snugglyrum

Post by snugglyrum on Dec 20, 2022 19:07:21 GMT -5

Janus was going to turn away before her divination began to flare up harder than a teenager after getting out of an oil bath. "I should have stayed home." Janus stated as a sonic explosion knocked the wind out of her, which she heaved as the hollow jumped at her. She would have made a witty remark, but that would have issues considering she could not get enough air back for the moment.

She then found herself next to the witch on the broom, and her stomach lurched, she barely managed to not throw up, and probably would have, if she was not having lung issues at the same time. She also now had whiplash and massive vertigo. "How, does anyone do that?" She choked out as she nearly threw her guts up again using the dry heave to refill her lungs.

The cyclops, who had been left behind walked up to the hollow and then simply vanished as it struck out at her, vanishing. Back at the Prime, Janus was still holding herself together. She finally managed to sniffle and took a deep breath. "Alright, we are good. Oh... that, how do you do that more than once? I feel like we got shot out a gun, how does the Flash help anyone, this would just kill you. The time in a bottle and sweet dreams make way more sense now. Sorry, I talk a lot when I am nervous, it keeps us sane, we thought. Though, I thought witches used horns and guns, and dragons for brooms not... whatever this is."

Player

I have nothing to say.

Vaera Vael Avatar

Vaera Vael

Post by Vaera Vael on Dec 20, 2022 19:56:03 GMT -5

The chaos was brief, but hardly because there was nothing going on. From her vantage point up high, Vaera sat still and watched in confused as instead of continuing to come for her -or rather, for the gifts she was carrying- the horned Hollow dove for someone standing on the ground. The creature's change of target only made a little more sense when she'd noticed the stranger was holding a present she must have dropped from the bag.

Before she could do anything or get in the Hollow's way, the man who had flown alongside her vanished with a frightening boom. In another moment, the stranger from the ground was standing beside her in the sky as well, and Vaera squeaked as the remaining gift was thrown back to her. She nearly fell off her broom, but did catch the colorfully wrapped box and took a moment to place it back inside the bag hanging in front of her.

"Um... Nice to meet you." She stammered a little, her attention forcibly split between the two flying with her and the Hollow on the ground. To tell the truth, she hadn't imagined she would run into it this quickly -or at all, even. Why was a Hollow targeting couriers, anyway? Nonetheless, the creature looked between the queasy stranger and herself, then kicked off the ground to climb up the nearby building at a terrifying speed.

"One second!" She had thought of continuing to run from the Hollow, but to tell the truth, something about leaving the other two alone with it didn't feel right to her. So, instead of flying off, Vaera took her left hand from the broom and held it aloft towards her horned pursuer. Briefly, she focused on the air between her and the creature, and in a dazzling explosion of vibrant and sparkling blues, conjured a net that fell of its own weight atop the creature.

It wouldn't stop or kill the Hollow, of course, but any time she bought was better than none.

"We shouldn't stay here." Vaera breathed and wiped the few beads of sweat from her forehead on her sleeve as she righted herself again. "There's too many people." Sure enough, as the netted Hollow crashed back to the ground, all the noise was beginning to attract attention. Hoping that either their spiritual power or the presents would work to draw the Hollow, she flew off again.

Sure enough, when the monstrous spirit had torn itself free of her net, it wasted no time in running after the gifts she carried.

Player

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Dec 21, 2022 18:39:23 GMT -5

Janus apparently wasn't a huge fan of sonido, or perhaps any movement technique in general.  Then again, her issues seem to come mostly for the inability to breath.  "Hollows don't really have to learn our techniques...so I'm not 100% sure." he'd shrug, bringing up instinct into this conversation as probably a bit much, however.  Besides that, shouldn't there be a version of Janus that knew that?  Did she not talk to...herself.  Thinking it out made it seem like a stupid question, he admitted.  Then Janus had started talking about witches and dragons...and he remembered her unconventional naming conventions.

He didn't have time to deal with it right now, if she didn't feel like using the correct terms, then she could stay confused for all he cared.  He'd rescued the package and the hollow was coming after them, maybe it was just best to drop her off somewhere before she got eaten by the hollow.  He turned to the woman on the broom as the hollow was dealt with, temporarily he knew, by her net.  "Usually I'd put a lot more effort into charming such a lovely woman such as yourself before mentioning this but...I do have a place nearby if you want to find a place to lie low."

He gave her a smile before he sent some bakudo down around the net she had made.  Such a hasty spell wouldn't stop Krampus but any delay was worth something.  "Unless you have a better idea...I don't really like taking people places against their will." he paused a moment and looked at Janus.  "Unless I have to...want me to drop you off somewhere?"

Player

snugglyrum Avatar

snugglyrum

Post by snugglyrum on Dec 21, 2022 21:02:11 GMT -5

Janus stood up and placed her hands behind her head and began to breathe deeply. Soft in, hold, exhale until her lungs were going on empty, and again. She did it twice more as they debated whether or not to stay there until she was sure that she had enough back in her for the moment. Well until something horrible happened. She shrugged her coat down to her elbows and turned back to the pair of them.

"Good luck, we see you will be perfectly fine." She said and one by one the entire army stepped out of her body. The Quincy version of Janus made an outline of reishi that looked like a gift for the holidays and handed them out to the other members of the army. Though a few of the other Janus looked really annoyed at the plan. Then, as quickly as they had stepped out of Janus. They all dispersed in different directions.

The monster could chase the army in every which direction if it really wanted, at least it should let the witch girl get out of sight for the moment. Prime, on the other hand, hoisted her jacket back up and shivered. "Well, get to whatever it was you were going to do." She said, mumbling a song to herself. Hhhmmm bells... Batman smells... robin laid an egg... the bat mobile lost a wheel, and joker did ballet."

The Army on the other hand, began running around the masked monster, all of them showing off their fake gifts to give the super high speedsters a small window of opportunity while holding its attention. Janus, was only human, possibly immortal depending on how you defined it... but the Army of Janus, was far more dangerous than most could ever hope to be.

Player

I have nothing to say.

Vaera Vael Avatar

Vaera Vael

Post by Vaera Vael on Dec 22, 2022 16:21:21 GMT -5

The horned Hollow, affectionately known as Krampus, did indeed take notice of the woman's attempt to get its attention. It stalled, sliding to a still on the side of the building with its claws digging deep trenches into the concrete, and growled deep in its throat as its eyes burned a whole in each and every individual standing around it -or rather, in the gifts they each held. Its rage boiled over, and opening its jaw wide, it roared before leaping at the nearest figure with its arms outstretched.

Meanwhile, Vaera had put a considerable distance between herself and the creature.She'd only stopped long enough to notice that it wasn't chasing after her any more when she heard it roar further back, not to mention the boy's reappearance beside her again.

"I'd like that." She had to think on the offer of a safe place to hide for only a moment, but then stopped herself when she thought again of the presents hanging from the end of her broom. "But, I need to deliver these first." She was steadfast in her resolve about that. The Hollow would need to be dealt with, but for right now, she wanted to get these gifts to their destination first. "If anything happens to them und some kids don't have presents on Christmas, that'll be my fault."

Back on the ground, Krampus was venting its rage upon the woman and her many doppelgangers. Its claws swung wildly through the air, carving wide gashes into the ground and surroundings both, as it tried to get to the gifts she carried. There didn't seem to be any intelligence to its actions now, not like when it had been stalking and waiting for its target to be vulnerable before, but rather a sheer, unadulterated hatred for the colorfully wrapped boxes.

"You think she'll be alright?" Vaera nodded back towards the battle, still able to hear and see some of it as she flew. She had her job to do, yes, but she still couldn't quite get her mind off of how she was essentially leaving the Hollow to rampage. It was an uncomfortably conflicting feeling that weighed on her.

Player

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Dec 23, 2022 19:24:19 GMT -5

Janus started to do her Janus thing, apparently.  He remembered the beings that had come out of her before...mainly the visored one...who had been a shinigami with one of those cursed masks.  His interest had been raised but there hadn't been much he could do when he'd been relying on Janus' hospitality to not get eaten by hollows while resting.  Now Janus seemed to be on the distraction front, keeping the hollow away from the two of them...though he was sure once that hollow got its hands one one of the fake presents that it'd stop.  While the army of Janus' had seemed strong they had even died from basic hollows...perhaps a quirk of her ability?

"After we deliver them, then, we can head to my place." he'd say, first confused as to why she needed to deliver the presents but chalking it up to some kind of weird quirk.  "Its a date." He glanced over at Janus before he turned back to Vaer-AHH.  "I can help Janus over there take care of the hollow that shes fighting...or I can help you deliver those presents.  If I remember correctly, she doesn't actually die...if she dies." he blinks, realizing what he said.  "Shes odd...but I don't think she deserves the pain of dying...then again if we deliver all the presents sooner than that thing might just...give up?"

Player

snugglyrum Avatar

snugglyrum

Post by snugglyrum on Dec 24, 2022 9:42:33 GMT -5

The army distraction was about as time consuming as it could be. Which was to say it lasted until the giant monster got one of the presents and realized that like most things the Two Faced god of changes did, it was a sham. The army then changed gear and tried to simply get in the way of the monster, which did about as much as you would think to something straight out of European lore, a fat bunch of nothing. Well, now it was on the other ones, as far as the Prime was concerned, she had done her civic duty.

So, the only human diviner watched as the giant flip off monster went looking for the two now tasked with delivering presents. Not like she could catch up anyway. She stretched and sneezed again before bundling herself up and sniffling. She wanted to be home, but it was still under repairs. She pulled out her phone and looked up a local place to get something to snack on. While she really did not want to be near people. It was better than being assaulted by a giant monster.

Apparently, much to her luck, there was a quaint diner a few streets away. Her divination pinged the start of something else, but as long as she stayed away from the monster or did not touch the presents, it was no longer her problem.

Player

I have nothing to say.

Vaera Vael Avatar

Vaera Vael

Post by Vaera Vael on Dec 24, 2022 15:57:45 GMT -5

"Makes sense." No. No, it did not, but Vaera wasn't in any position to start arguing with strangers about how someone couldn't just... not die when they were killed. If she was still alive, then she clearly hadn't died, but whatever the case, it wasn't what was most important in her mind right now.

Fortunately, even the brief amount of time that the Hollow had been distracted had given Vaera plenty of time to put a good distance between it and the presents. From this far away, she was certain that it wouldn't be able to track her reliably. So, quickly and quietly, she directed her broom to carry her lower, until she was obscured again by the buildings on either side. She flew through the alleyways and between homes, trying to keep her power as suppressed as possible while keeping an ear -both literal and metaphorical- out for the creature.

Krampus had long since lost interest in the woman and her lies. Once it had determined that the gifts she carried were fake, constructed of nothing more than a few scant traces of spiritual power and its residue, its attention had returned to its true target. However, the objects of its rage were nowhere to be seen. Nowhere in the skies could it see the human who carried them, or the Arrancar that had accompanied her. After bellowing a long and loud cry of frustration, it leapt away from the well lit street and into the cool dark of the shadows atop a nearby building.

"I think it's safe now." Vaera muttered aloud, after spending several minutes simply floating behind a large sign and watching for the Hollow. She figured that if it were after the presents, she wouldn't want it to see where she was delivering them to; that would only lead it to the children! So, she was being more careful now, and only just began to lower herself back to the ground where she could walk the rest of the way.

The rest of the way, of course, being around the corner to the side door of a local fire station, where she understood they were running a toy drive. Vaera breathed a sigh of relief knowing she wouldn't need to stop by a different house for each present, though the thought of carefully climbing down people's chimneys to make her deliveries and enjoy some cookies and milk did make her want to laugh. With a quick glance back and forth to make sure she wasn't seen, she dismounted her broom, but kept it aloft to avoid carrying the hefty bag of gifts herself.

"Wait. The key..." Vaera paused at the door, lowering the bag until it set on the ground and opening it to get a look inside. Her outfit didn't exactly have any pockets, perhaps its one and only flaw, so that left only one other place where something so important could've hidden from her. For a few seconds, she peered into the large sack, then began to dig through it for the envelope that contained the key to the fire station door. She did not appear to have much luck, however, considering just how long she spent rummaging through the bottom of the large bag.

Player

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Dec 26, 2022 18:57:20 GMT -5

"A dark alleyway," the hollow said, looking around just in case for the Krampus hollow.  "This is the sort of place I'd usually take someone if I wanted to be alone, not the other way around." he joked.  It was just the two of them, the odd girl with the presents and the odd hollow...where had Janus gone?  Perhaps her inability to move quickly simply meant she didn't even try to keep up...he could imagine different versions of her throwing her along a chain like a sling shot or something.  His senses told him she was far away and...not moving, but didn't seem to be unconscious at least.  The hollow wasn't near her at least so there was that...she was safe.

His attention was drawn by his companion being unable to find a key of some kind.  As she looked through the bag he grabbed it and lifted it slightly, using his lack of height to look under it.  At some point he found something that wasn't a present...but it wasn't a key, it was Vaera's hand.  He pulled away, looking at the bag closely, as he noticed that he'd stuck his finger though a small opening. 

"Theres a hole...think it slipped out?" He asked before something hit the dumpster at the entrance of the ally...a small hollow with long pointed ears and a hat with a bell at the end of it.  "Shit." he'd said as the small hollow ran out of sight.  "Time for us to give chase, I guess?"

Player

I have nothing to say.

Vaera Vael Avatar

Vaera Vael

Post by Vaera Vael on Dec 27, 2022 16:36:59 GMT -5

Though Nezuel had joined her in searching through the bag, it was to no avail. The only thing they'd found was each other's hands, and the speed with which he'd pulled away from the accidental touch made her giggle a little bit. that was cute, she thought to herself for the moment before remembering why she was looking for the key in the first place again.

"It must have-" Vaera started, but was interrupted by the sound of something hitting the dumpster just a few feet away. Her attention snapped towards the noise, fully expecting to see the large, goat-horned Hollow had found them again, but instead, she was both relieved and confused to see a much smaller figure in a festive hat. Of course, then she caught sight of its mask from the shadows, and her pulse quickened once more.

"You go! I'll catch up." Vaera had been slow to come to her decision, but quick to act once she'd made up her mind. She didn't have the slightest clue what was going on, but the mystery was only growing now with the inclusion of what could only be described as an elf Hollow. Still, she couldn't leave the gifts, nor could she bring them in case this was a trap. It was better to let the boy chase after it while she finished her job.

So, while Nezuel was hopefully giving chase, she approached the door and gathered a small amount of reishi to her hand. What she conjured was simply a small key, a blank which fit into the lock and sat for several seconds while she focused on finding the right shape. It wasn't exactly an easy process, or a legal one, but she preferred this to breaking the door down. It was going to take some time, however.