Bleach Hereafter RPG

Gotta Save Christmas! [Bosake]

PLAYER

I have nothing to say.

Sachio Avatar

Sachio

Post by Sachio on Dec 31, 2022 18:38:44 GMT -5

It seemed like Sachio would have to go through the Sekaimon once again. At this time of year Sachio would normally be in the process of reviewing his families earnings, and the crop rotation with the esteemed ministers that helped overlook the farm, but today he was alerted to a few troubling reports within his jurisdiction. There was a hollow that seemed to be disrupting Christmas on the lovely island nation of Japan. Normally this would be something that he would leave to the rank and file. He needed to focus on his training after all. This time though many of the rank and file were off on vacation at home with their loved ones. Because of the lack of men and maybe a partial bit of curiosity. Sachio lead a rag tag group of soul reapers into the fray. After a missive was sent to all squads about a group forming to aide the world of the living any and every soul reaper who was interested was to meet Sachio in front of the 6th squad barracks. There he would brief them all of the tasks at hand. 

Sachio paced in front of the barracks waiting for people to show up. He wasn't sure that anyone would. Not many soul reapers cared for the the world of the living enough to interfere, but with the mention of a hollow he thought he would at least get a few bites. This would be his first time leading outside of the academy, but he figured it couldn't be too much harder. He'd have to wait and see.
Last Edit: Jan 22, 2023 1:28:37 GMT -5 by Sachio

Player

I have nothing to say.

Bosake Avatar

Bosake

Post by Bosake on Dec 31, 2022 22:43:07 GMT -5

Mission 1: Gift Delivery
Type: Courier
Level: 1
Description: Deliver Christmas gifts to random recipients with the following conditions:
  • Make sure the gifts are still intact at the end of the courier mission.
  • Do not engage with Krampus yet, the main objective is to deliver the gifts first.
  • Do not let Krampus track you or find the recipient of the gift.

The dossier regarding the mission had been posted on the bulletin board of the 7th Division among the other attached parchments regarding optional tasks and to-do lists. The barracks around this time of the year had proven to be rather quiet and empty. Most of the higher ranking soul reapers were on sabbatical, leaving the busy work to the other fledgling shinigami much like himself. The masked reaper had been training, replaying in his mind the spar he had with the beast of the 11th Division, sharpening the things he’d learn that day in solitude. However, as most might attest, training was boring and monotonous, especially in solitude.

Looking for a break in his bland routine the giant soul reaper studied the board intensely before coming across some sort of gift delivery mission set in the human world. Bosake had never been to the other side as the 7th Divisions duties entailed the patrol and safeguard of South Rukonagi as well as the guarding of the Red Hollow Gate, not dispatch to and fro the mortal realm. The name Miura Sachio jumped out at him from the page, sparking the memory of their acquaintance from their spar at the since demolished dojo in South Rukonagi. The sense of familiarity overrode his hesitations as his large hand ripped the dossier from the board, setting him on a short walk towards the 6th squads barracks.

“Greetings again Sachio, it says here you could use a hand…” Bosake said with the mission dossier paper held up as he found the orange scarfed shinigami pacing around in front of the barracks.

PLAYER

I have nothing to say.

Sachio Avatar

Sachio

Post by Sachio on Jan 1, 2023 11:07:31 GMT -5

A voice called out to him removing him from his worry. Ah, Bosuke well met. It seemed his insect masked acquaintance was the first to arrive. The man called Bosuke was just as large and imposing as he Sachio remembered. The large man seemed to be holding Sachio's missive. It made sense that he was the first to arrive. The 7th division was not a crazy far walk from here. I take it you're here to assist me! It'll be nice to have a familiar face on board. Sachio smiled brightly. He was beginning to think no one would show up. Have you been well since our last duel? Anything else exciting happen since our last bout? I'm not able to slip away all to often. He asked genuinely. They had not met again since then. Sachio's duties and training both at home, and within the 6th division kept him from getting out and about too often. He'd hoped to allow himself more freedom once he'd achieved Shikai.

Sachio would listen for Bosuke's reply his arms now to his side as opposed to crossed and pacing. They likely had a few moments before all that would show up would arrive. Sachio felt a little more relaxed now that he had at least one capable shinigami on his side.

Last Edit: Jan 1, 2023 11:16:57 GMT -5 by Sachio

Player

I have nothing to say.

Bosake Avatar

Bosake

Post by Bosake on Jan 2, 2023 3:01:16 GMT -5

The human realm was a mystery to the large shinigami. Although the world of the living was taught in the academy, it was hard to imagine without having seen it for himself. From what he understood it wasn’t too much different from life in the Sereitei save for the social customs, technology, and overall belief system as it pertained to the realms as they knew it. Moreover, Bosake had been trained to defend, to use his stature as a means of protection, and not necessarily for dispatch to scout, track, or assassinate. Perhaps this was why Sachio was called to lead this makeshift group? He did not know too much about his acquaintance from their only prior meeting once before, but a highly dexterous dual wield shinigami such as himself was more than likely to suited to any aspects of the aforementioned.

“I am indeed. I trust that with the right help you would have whatever this mission calls for well in hand.” He replied with a polite nod as the heavy bellow of his deep baritone voice carried strongly within their immediate vicinity.

“How kind of you to ask. I have been well, just simply paying the dues of a fledgling shinigami like the rest of the new recruits. The only excitement I’ve had was a duel against a rather eccentric 11th Division squad member. Those of the Dragon’s Fang special forces branch are not to be taken lightly…” He added as he trailed off in thought, remembering how intense and down right frightening it was going toe to toe with Koushou. Even though he had learned a lot, it wasn’t something he was prepared to do again until he was much stronger.

“It seems we have company.” Bosake stated shortly thereafter, turning slightly to put eyes on the patter of feet that were headed towards them. He had assumed at least, that these passerby were the soul reapers looking to join their group.

PLAYER

I have nothing to say.

Sachio Avatar

Sachio

Post by Sachio on Jan 2, 2023 18:21:56 GMT -5

As the two were conversing. He learned of a 11th division member who was quite eccentric, that didn't surprise him. Many of the 11th division were eccentric and battle hungry. They had a reputation for being quite brutish, but also a powerful force to be reckoned with. Sachio held no grudge against them but did think they could do with being a bit more refined.

It seemed Bosuke's run in was not quite an easy one, but as Sachio was going to ask for more questions more soul reapers arrived.

3rd Seat Miura we're reporting for duty! I'm Jushiro from the 13th and this is Munechika a fellow squad mate. We'll help out with this task! The tall, but not quite as tall as Bosuke, mustachioed and bald soul reaper had a gruff and rugged look. The way he spoke was also unrefined but it carried like a soft breeze.

R-right here to help! This man was shorter than Sachio and as meek as a mouse. His uneven bowl cut hid one of his hazel eyes. Despite his trepidation he had seemly come of his own will, and that was all Sachio needed.

Welcome, Munechika, Jushiro. Sachio gave a smile before his face turned serious. It seemed that these where the people he had. Hopefully that would be enough.

I've received reports that presents have been being removed from houses by a mysterious being. While it's lair was empty 6th division soul reapers retrieved the gifts, and brought them back to a safe location. We believe the creature is a particularly "unfestive" hollow, and while we will find it, I thought it would be in the spirit to get these gifts out to their proper destination without the hollow tracking them down again.

Sachio paced as he explained the task at hand. Do you all think that we could help recover a little Christmas cheer for the humans before we get to the hollow?

Sachio asked the three soul reapers hoping for a positive response.

Player

I have nothing to say.

Bosake Avatar

Bosake

Post by Bosake on Jan 3, 2023 13:52:20 GMT -5

“3rd Seat?”

Bosake uttered between his ears as he raised a hidden brow from beneath his mask. He and Sachio had only met once prior, and at the dojo he had introduced himself as a squad member of the 6th Division with no other rank, title, or honorifics. Remembering Sachio’s speed and refined aptitude with his dual zanpakuto it made sense, and it also eluded to why he would be appointed as a mission leader for their group.

The two soul reapers that had arrived to join their ranks, Munechika and Jushiro, were polar opposites of one another. Jushiro was the taller of the two but still several inches shorter than himself, bald and mustached with a ruggedness to him that insinuated that he was perhaps the more experienced shinigami. Munechika, with his short stature, uneven hair, and nervousness exuded inexperience but was probably more talented than he appeared as becoming a full fledged soul reaper in of itself was no small feat.

“A pleasure to meet you both. I am Eido Bosake of the 7th Division.” He stated with a nod towards the newcomers who had seemed to be the only other soul reapers that would be joining them, making them an even four man cell. The pair were a bit taken aback by his stature as most were, and probably even more so with his insectoid mask that made him seem a bit more daunting. Jushiro stood his ground and nodded back at him with a fearless presentation while Munechika flinched slightly at the heavy bellow of his voice before reluctantly nodding back in return.

“Holiday rituals are bad luck, no surprise that a hollow was attracted. Nonetheless, I am still prepared to volunteer my services.” He replied to Sachio after his mission debrief, awaiting the response of the others upon opting in and giving his own unsolicited two cents.

PLAYER

I have nothing to say.

Sachio Avatar

Sachio

Post by Sachio on Jan 3, 2023 22:34:18 GMT -5

If that is the task at hand we will complete it 3rd Seat Miura! Isn't that right Munechika! The gruff man shouted out his reply and then slapped Munechika hard in the back as if he'd done it a hundred times before.

R-right here to help 3rd seat Miura! Munechika stammered out a rather similar reply to his greeting. He certainly seemed like he was being pressured into this, but there was no malice from Jushiro.

For that reason, Sachio decided not to inquire. Good then we're off follow me.Sachio swiftly retrieved a sword from its scabbard and plunged it into the air in from of him. As he slowly twisted the blade he spoke. Open! the young 3rd seat command, and so the world did.

After stepping through the gate, the group would appear on the top of an abandoned and dilapidated looking building about three stores high over looking a pier in Yokohama, Japan. In front of them would be a hastily stacked piles of presents shoved into burlap sacks all ready to be moved to their proper locations. There where four sacks total covering the four cardinal directions.

Each sack has a direction, but it would be best to go in pairs incase something goes wrong. So stick together Munechika, and Jushiro. If you need assistance send a butterfly. Bosuke and I will take the south and the east. You two take the north and the west. The packages are labeled with their address simply leave them in front of the door and ring the bell. Sachio looked around to see who everyone reacted. Jushiro seemed confident and ready to go giving a swift nod before grab Munechika and rushing off. Sachio couldn't tell exactly how Bosuke's face looked, but now that they were alone he decided to acknowledge his opinion on rituals.

So, you have a distaste for holiday rituals? They seem like good fun to me. Sachio commented after hefting the sack over his shoulder. They would leave towards the first location in Bosuke's sack once he was ready.

Player

I have nothing to say.

Bosake Avatar

Bosake

Post by Bosake on Jan 3, 2023 23:13:57 GMT -5

With a twist of Sachio’s blade the veil between the soul society and the world of the living was pierced, his zanpakuto functioning much like a key as he opened the senkaimon. A washitsu with tatami flooring and fusuma awaited them within a spatial area, leading into a tunnel of bright white light. As they reached the other end, their destination was a pier in Japan before burlap sacks filled to the brim with gifts and assigned directions.

Sachio had explained it thoroughly while suggesting that they split off into teams. Jushiro and Munechika were assigned together as it seemed they were an odd package deal, tasked with delivering gifts to the North and to the West. That left Sachio and himself to deal with the South and the East, the giant shinigami picking up the southern sack and holding it like a grocery bag as if it weighed next to nothing.

“Too much of one thing always has a way of inviting its opposite. It’s less about the holidays and more of a general superstition.” He replied as they took to the skies headed towards the southern end first. The large shinigami would begin dispersing gifts to the labeled addresses with the help of his scarab constructs, casting the Shun Shun Rikkia to help speed up the process, his reishi beetles operating autonomously to leave the proper gifts at each doorstep.

“I overheard our companions refer to you as 3rd seat Miura, I had no idea you were a seated officer…” Bosake uttered as they continued their efforts, hoping Sachio would expound upon his position and status for the sake of both his curiosity and some passing conversation.

PLAYER

I have nothing to say.

Sachio Avatar

Sachio

Post by Sachio on Jan 4, 2023 22:35:29 GMT -5

Sachio saw the thought process in what Bosuke said, and seemed to give it careful consideration, and a low hmm sound. I suppose there balance should always be the goal. He commented as the took off.

The bag was ridiculously heavy for Sachio. The man was never the most physically powerful. The lack of food during development, and his sickly nature left his muscles just developed enough for this kind of work. He had a bit of trouble keeping up with Bosuke, but did his best to. He would not complain or show signs of extra effort if he could.

Unlike Bosuke he had no minions to deliver his presents, but the first round of gift dispersal would be from Bosuke's sack.

Sachio was caught of guard by the comment about his position, but thinking about it he hadn't said that he was the third seat purposefully before. He didn't want there being any gloating if it went poorly for him. The question didn't have the malice that the usual questions of his position came with so he played it evenly trying not to jump to conclusions.

Yes, well I was given the position upon joining the Gotei 13. I guess it didn't come up when we last met. Don't go treating me any differently. Sachio laughed lightly to himself, but the uneasiness was plain. It was a little surprising that Bosuke hadn't heard of him, but I suppose that outside of the 6th division the rumors hadn't spread yet. He was open to talking about it more, but he didn't have much of a story to tell

Bosuke's sack seemed to be emptying quickly and there were no incidents thus far. Sachio was lucky to have such competent assistance. They'd be able to head south soon at this pace.

Player

I have nothing to say.

Bosake Avatar

Bosake

Post by Bosake on Jan 6, 2023 16:48:00 GMT -5

Bosake was used to the slightly adverse reactions that tended to follow the sharing of his superstitious beliefs. He was well mannered and humble in terms of his outward cadence, but he often kept a lot to himself. His beliefs did not benefit from such protections however, as he was often eager to share his points of view. His mask was a constant reminder of his own curse, and because of this, Bosake found himself wary about most things no matter how trivial. Sachio’s response regarding balance was a good one, although it was apparent he did not agree with the giants outlook on the matter. Balance after all was a soul reapers job, perhaps there was an extent of truth from both sides of the argument.

“I wouldn’t think of it.” He responded to the point of him potentially treating Sachio differently after learning of his rank and title. Bosake was not the type to kiss up, but he would certainly give the scarfed shinigami his respect as a seated officer. Although whether Sachio knew it or not, he had already gained the giants respect from their duel. From that experience it was easy to see how he was appointed a seated position upon graduation, considering he was probably that good coming into the court guards. A soul reaper being blessed with a dual zanpakuto probably didn’t hurt either, a rare an impressive feat intertwined with brimming natural talent was a sure fire recipe to be seen as a prodigy.

“Looks like my bag is empty, shall we head to the next location?” Bosake inquired as he showed Sachio his empty burlap sack as the last of his scarabs returned from their deliveries. The masked soul reaper could not help but wonder how their eccentric counterparts were doing, hoping everything was going just as smoothly as it was for them.

PLAYER

I have nothing to say.

Sachio Avatar

Sachio

Post by Sachio on Jan 8, 2023 23:20:31 GMT -5

Sachio gave a rare genuine smile to Bosuke's response. Glad to hear that. He could tell even through the mask he was being sincere. Sachio had respect for the giant. He wasn't a muscle brained idiot, and was seemingly thoughtful. He seemed to value all of the shinigami arts of combat as well.

He seemed to also posses a gentle spirit something he found to be quiet refreshing compared to the majority of his contemporaries. It was then that Bosuke announced his completion of his sack of gifts. They had yet to encounter the hollow which was either forbodding or a sign that it was simply else where. Right, then lets get mine emptied. Sachio was happy that he'd not have to struggle with the sack anymore. On quite a few occasions he'd floundered with the weight of it while they leapt across the Tokyo skyline. He'd done his best to hide this from Bosuke's view, but who knows if he'd noticed.

As they started getting into Sachio's area for delivery, The 3rd seat would simply space his gifts at each door himself. He'd use Shunpo a few times to make it over to other delivery locations he could see but not easily run or leap to before moving on to the next.

As the gifts where being delivered Sachio felt a sinister reiatsu lurking around. Bosuke let's supress and lay low for a second. He suggested before stopping, and descending into an alleyway.

Player

I have nothing to say.

Bosake Avatar

Bosake

Post by Bosake on Jan 11, 2023 18:15:02 GMT -5

After their minor aside, there was a feeling of respect and growing comfort between the two of them. There did not seem to be anything fake or informal, but rather a genuine acceptance and understanding of one another. Perhaps it was because they had already clashed blades in the past, learning far more about one another than a simple conversation could ever reveal. Maybe shinigami were odd like that? Spiritual warriors who only really gained any modicum of respect for their peers with a healthy, or sometimes not so healthy, contest of strength.

As they continued through the skies of Tokyo to work through Sachio’s bag, it was apparent his scarfed comrade was overcompensating for its weight. The tells were slight, but his overuse of shunpo and the brief episodes of floundering here and there gave him away. Of course there was no judgement on Bosake’s part as he understood, even at his stature, that the sack was conventionally heavy even though it was negligible for him to move around. The masked giant had thought about offering assistance, but he figured it best to allow Sachio to make due on his own, wishing to not risk offending the 3rd seat.

“Indeed.” Bosake responded as he suppressed his reishi at Sachio’s request, sensing the sinister reiatsu as well during their descent.

“It seems the hollow is lurking…” Bosake added as he stood in the alleyway beside Sachio, bringing his scarabs close in case he needed to enlist their services. The shadow of the large humanoid hollow projected against the brick face of the alleyway walls, slowly growing larger and larger as it trudged  closer towards their position. 

PLAYER

I have nothing to say.

Sachio Avatar

Sachio

Post by Sachio on Jan 14, 2023 23:19:19 GMT -5

With the hollow coming closer Sachio did all he could to prepare himself and keep his wits about him. He slowly receded down the alley finding a hiding spot among some trash. The hollow slowly proceeded getting closer and closer. It's shadow grew more and more. The malevolent Reiatsu growing ever closer until suddenly, in the distance Sachio could sense two familiar reiatsu closing in on their location.

And Sachio wasn't the only one. As the two others got closed the distance the hollwo seemed to stop in it's tracks. A distorted Bahhhhummmmbuggg could be hurt as it seemed to run the way it came.

Phew that was close... Sachio said to Bosuke as he leapt up on the roof of the nearest building. His major concern wasn't the hollow finding them it was the presents being disturbed or being unable to complete their deliveries. It seemed the hollow wasn't aware of them, and was keeping away of patrolling shinigami.

Sachio looked around just as the other two delivery Soul reapers landed next to him. The present he had delivered were undisturbed.

Alright you two good job on your deliveries. I've just two packages to deliver. Go after the hollow we don't want it to get away.

Munechika seemed a bit tired, but Jushiro was on the task right away. With an affirmation the pair set off. Alright, Bosuke it's time for a good old fashioned hollow hunt. Regardless of your opinion of rituals you must want to see this hollow purified yes?

Sachio asked as he started to pursue the faint traces of the grumpy hollows Reiatsu. He would finish the deliveries along the way.

Mission 2: I am watching you
Type: Investigate and Destroy
Level: 1
Description: Now that your delivery mission is over, time to test your spy skills. Find Krampus’ whereabouts and investigate the mastermind behind their rampage.
Locate Krampus’s base
Defeat Krampus and its master
Bonus: Recover all stolen gifts and return them to their rightful owner

Player

I have nothing to say.

Bosake Avatar

Bosake

Post by Bosake on Jan 16, 2023 20:59:18 GMT -5

The tension in the air was palpable as the ground quaked ever so slightly with each step the hollow took, inching closer and closer to their position. As he saw Sachio duck behind a cluster of receptacles to hide, Bosake held his ground, gripping the hilt of his zanpakuto in case they would need to engage. He was far too large to truly hide within the confines of the narrow alleyway in any case, even if he wanted to follow Sachio’s lead he could not.

Although the masked shinigami was a broad and immovable specimen in his own right, he still had a sense of fear. He had never actually encountered a hollow first hand, and the fear was of the unknown more so than the task that potentially laid before them. The 7th division was a patrol unit for Rukonagi and one of the four squads responsible for guarding the gates of the Seireitei, dispatch to the human world was far from routine and exceedingly rare. As the hollow wailed in retreat due to the incoming presence of their comrades, he leapt onto the roof and reconvened with the squadron.

“Of course, duty always comes first. Let us just hope that luck is on our side with this.” He replied to Sachio as he fell into stride, joining in on the pursuit of the grumpy hollow’s reiatsu. As the group shot across the skyline he wondered where the hollow was retreating to, and perhaps, if it was operating alone or in concert with something or someone else.

PLAYER

I have nothing to say.

Sachio Avatar

Sachio

Post by Sachio on Jan 17, 2023 22:45:28 GMT -5

Sachio was glad that Bosuke and he saw eye to eye here. Hollows were the enemy of Soul Reapers, and also their charge. All hollows need to be purified and returned to the cycle. It was Soul Reaper 101 regardless of how strange the hollow was. We won't need luck. Sachio smiled as they pursued their target.

Sachio and the rest followed the Reiatsu, but it seemed to be gaining distance on them quickly. We'll pick up the pace! Sachio shunpo'd hoping that the others would be able to follow. Since they last spoke Sachio had been increasing his general fitness, and his spiritual power daily. He was on par with a veteran unseated soul reaper now. It wasn't Bosuke that he worried about but the other two.

He was surly leaving Munechika and Jishiro in the dust, but he could still sense everyone's spiritual pressure as he moved so he pressed on. It was important that they didn't lose the trace or the work they'd just done would have been for nothing.

As he hopped from building to building he slowly noticed that their were less and less roof tops. They left the crowded area of Tokyo and moved out to the nearby mountains. As they ascended Sachio noticed that the hollow stopeed moving so Sachio did as well. He held up and hand and caught his breath. With a bit of panting he waited for others to catch up.

He's likely in some kind of cave up ahead, waiting for us...