Bleach Hereafter RPG

Violence

Player

You fool! You fell right for my trap!

Hequita Avatar

Hequita

Post by Hequita on Jan 5, 2023 12:43:41 GMT -5

Hequita Jannure

A Shinigami, with dark hair and a short cut beard, was being held suspended in the air, grunting from pain and exertion every other second, struggling against pixelated restraints. Outgrowths of multi-colored Pixel-Fire held him by the limbs like a set of chains, and slowly slithered towards the man's face - touching arms and legs on the way, leaving blotched of deformed, distorted, and extremely painful flesh.

"So, let me get this straight, Shinigami," Hequita was speaking as he paced on the rooftop below, speaking the last words in his sentence with seething venom. "You waltz in, clearly unaware that you caught me in a really, really bad mood, try to cleave me in half when you're several times below me, and expected something else?"

"You... have to be stopped..."

"Well, then you can proudly become motivation for someone who might."

Hequita took a glance towards the Shinigami after stopping in his pace and strengthened the restraints with a wicked grin - immediately, the flames burning into his opponent's wrists got him to squeal in pain. That was not all, either. Suddenly getting an idea, Hequita giggled, then asked:

"Have you ever wondered what it feels like to eat pain?"

Before the Shinigami could answer, he sent a tendril of Pixel-Fire into the man's throat, searing and deforming everything inside and going deeper and deeper.

Player

What is it that makes you tick...

Lazarus Jeager Avatar

Lazarus Jeager

Post by Lazarus Jeager on Jan 6, 2023 0:14:45 GMT -5

The chime of a convenient store's doors rang as a crimson maned man stepped out onto the sidewalk with a bag of food on his arm, holding a bottle of soda in his other hand when he sensed something off in the world around him. There had been no chime from his phone so it could be assumed this wasn't on the offices radars just yet, but the reiatsu of a shinigami and an arrancar close to one another was cause enough for alarm. A handful of step later and he'd find himself in a darker alleyway, a small reishi platform coming into existence under his feet to propel him high into the air above, mind expanding to zero in on the target in question.

"Why is it that my free time is somehow always taken up by somebody else, and their never friendly..."

Once he had gotten ample height and a better idea of where the two individuals were the small platform would shift and start moving in the direction of the other entities, all the while sipping on the soda he had opened as he left the store. Best case it was a small skirmish that one or both would stumble away from and he'd come across the aftermath, worst case he'd be walking into an ongoing fight and have to take a side or defend himself from both. What Lazarus came across was something worse than he had hoped, the sight alone making him grimace in an almost disgusted manner, stepping off the platform onto the rooftop with a clearing of his throat.

"'Scuse me but could you not go around doing...whatever you call this...to the Shinigami who patrol around here? I could do without the extra paperwork in explaining what it is I'm witnessing right now..."

Player

Hequita Avatar

Hequita

Post by Hequita on Jan 7, 2023 6:07:20 GMT -5

Hequita Jannure

Ah, the feeling of torturing someone inferior was so refreshing. Already, Hequita was feeling better after the humiliation he had suffered. Once he is done with the Shinigami over here, he can return to Hueco Mundo, get back to his abode in Las Noches and figure out a master plan to take down that bastard Arrancar child with the information he collected in their battle.

However, someone suddenly appeared to distract him from this vengeance plan. Hequita's eyes shifted to the side, the diminutive Arrancar noticing a Reiatsu signature approach the rooftop. It was another human, red haired, yet clearly attuned to the world of the spiritual as well - he floated up to Hequita and the Shinigami on a platform and requested him to stop.

God, people all day today...

While Hequita gave the man a disinterested look, the Shinigami suspended in the air twitched a bit in his restraints, trying to call out to the man, yet his voice ending up muffled due to the tendril of flame that occupied his throat.

"Good," the Arrancar answered the new arrival. "Then you can turn around and forget you ever saw this, and you won't have anything to report."

Player

Lazarus Jeager Avatar

Lazarus Jeager

Post by Lazarus Jeager on Jan 7, 2023 13:56:52 GMT -5

A sigh escaped him, shoulders sagging a bit as he proceeded to set down the bag of goodies and the drink he had just purchased minutes ago. At this rate he was never going to get any free time to himself, and as much as he didn't want to cross paths with the Shinigami as a whole, he couldn't just walk away from one being tortured in front of him.

"Look I don't know what that man did to you but I can assure you he's beneath you, so why don't you let him go, it can't be fun stepping on ants can it?"

While he spoke Lazarus would start walking across the rooftop to get closer, his gaze moving from the hollow to the shinigami and back. His mind playing out the possible ways to get the shinigami out of this alive, though given the situation it might be more than he could manage. If this individual would kill for fun they'd likely do it again, and it would become a problem if the Gotei got wind of this and encroached on the human realm more than they already did.

"What can I do to make it worth your while, I mean if you do kill him it makes more problems for you since they'll come looking for him anyways, and at some point they'll send someone stronger..."

Player

Hequita Avatar

Hequita

Post by Hequita on Jan 9, 2023 7:45:29 GMT -5

Hequita Jannure

The man, whoever he was, did not follow through with Hequita's advice and instead continued to probe the Arrancar with reasons to let go the poor Shinigami. He sighed and pushed his hands into his pockets, briefly pausing the oral torture of his Pixel-Fire technique and withdrawing the tendril of pixelated flame from the man's mouth, letting him breathe. The fire had deformed and distorted his throat, turning them into blocks of pixels, so he was no longer able to speak until the effects faded away - yet, it still hurt like hell.

"Oh, I am not going to kill this man - or, at least, that isn't going to be my intention," Hequita explained, speaking with a smug smirk. "See, I am in a very poor mood today, and when I am in a poor mood, I take it out by grabbing someone who is annoying me and torturing them until something snaps. Watching the pained grunts and whimpers invigorates more than all but a few things in this world."

Who was he speaking to, anyway? He did not seem like a Shinigami, yet he apparently had some direct reason to report on Hequita's actions and also request him to stand down. Almost as if he was a police officer, yet mortals did not have police officers for spiritual entities like himself, did they? Instead of merely wondering about who this redhead was, Hequita figured that he'd better ask:

"Who... am I speaking to, anyway?"

Player

Lazarus Jeager Avatar

Lazarus Jeager

Post by Lazarus Jeager on Jan 9, 2023 13:56:56 GMT -5

He gave a slow nod in response, mulling over how he'd want to respond when he was asked about his identity, nothing he had concern about giving away to this person. He'd sprinkle in something extra though, a piece of information to try and see what this arrancar's reaction might be, and if his concerns about another arrancar were still valid.

"I'm just a concerned citizen wanting the local Shinigami to not be harassed, but if it's a name you're looking for, you may call me Lazarus. You remind me of another Arrancar who I've crossed paths with before, though I doubt you've met him before, after all Hueco Mundo is a big place..."

If he could draw more of the others attention to himself than perhaps he could gain interest, and with enough interest he could probably barter for the Shinigami's freedom. What became of the shinigami was ultimately out of his control, but if he could try and influence the outcome a little for the better he had to give it a shot, plus he had the benefit of being an unknown variable for the moment.

"I've given you the courtesy of a name, would you do the same for me?"

Player

Hequita Avatar

Hequita

Post by Hequita on Jan 10, 2023 14:56:58 GMT -5

Hequita Jannure

"I don't know who you're talking about," Hequita answered Lazarus mention of being familiar to another Arrancar simply. There were many different ways in which he might "remind him" of another Arrancar in Hueco Mundo - it could be via appearance and it could be via demeanor, and either way, Hequita was not going to bother to trawl through his memories and pick out who this man he literally just met was talking about.

Much like he had suspected, Lazarus was not a Shinigami, yet, his description of himself only made him appear more suspicious. A "concerned citizen" who wanted him to let go of a Shinigami? That never happens in the world of the living. Aside from a handful who have access to powers and hide from the Shinigami, the humans were just ignorant sheep.

"Right..." Hequita muttered, his tone faintly judgmental - then, he placed his hand upon his chest and slightly bowed. "My name is Hequita Jannure, and I am a loyal soldier of Her Eternal, Benevolent Majesty." After the introduction, he briefly grinned, and continued:

"Why should I listen to you, and let go of this man? He would do much of the same to myself, if he was as strong and intelligent as myself, while I were as weak and dumb as him. I can't fight against natural law."

Player

Lazarus Jeager Avatar

Lazarus Jeager

Post by Lazarus Jeager on Jan 10, 2023 16:40:31 GMT -5

While he normally took care to keep himself as passive as possible, a moment of recollection would pass across Lazarus' face at the mention of the ruler of hollows, briefly remembering the conversation he had involving the entity. That look of recollection would fade away as he heard the Arrancar's name, cataloging it away for later if and when it might be needed, now having encroached another few steps closer. A careful distance of ten or so paces, but close enough to get a better look at this Hequita, amber eyes slowly scanning from head to toe and back up.

"Well I could make the argument that what you've done to him thus far is punishment enough for one day, and it might give him second thoughts about crossing paths with hollows so hastily in the future. I mean look at the poor bastard, if he could talk he'd probably be begging for his life at this point, if he wasn't doing that already."

From this distance his outfit would be clear as day, a charcoal black suit with a white dress shirt underneath, solid black dress shoes looking near mint against the concrete rooftop they stood on. While he normally kept his hair up during work hours, it fell down his shoulders and ended near the small of his back, having been off work for over an hour he had decided upon letting it down for comfort.

"Plus the generosity might come back in your favor in the future, karma has a funny way of evening the odds in moments when you really need it..."

Player

Hequita Avatar

Hequita

Post by Hequita on Jan 12, 2023 9:28:03 GMT -5

Hequita Jannure

Lazarus was insistent - not only was he trying various arguments to convince Hequita to drop that man, he was also approaching closer. Since the Arrancar was not sure whether he could possibly trust this guy, he made a step back almost as soon as Lazarus stepped forward, then leapt up and landed upon a platform of Reishi in the air, towing the floating, restrained Shinigami through the air until he was suspended behind the Arrancar's back.

Mindless idiocy such as "karma", that's what he thought could convince Hequita to drop the man and let him go. That he had supposedly learned his lesson. At first, the Arrancar did not say a word. Gently, he placed his hand upon the hand of the Shinigami and pinched the man's pinky finger. Immediately, he began to faintly squeal and shake his head. A searing amount of heat was being applied to his finger nail, painful even for a Shinigami.

"But I want to keep torturing him," Hequita explained. his voice almost flat in its tone. "Hearing the squeals of the weak, their pained whimpers and begs for mercy, it gives me life."

Striking a content smirk, he spread out his arms. "All living beings have such base instincts, all of them are excited and invigored by schadenfreude. You are no different. There's no reason to interrupt someone in refreshing their spirit this way."
Last Edit: Jan 12, 2023 9:28:37 GMT -5 by Hequita

Player

Lazarus Jeager Avatar

Lazarus Jeager

Post by Lazarus Jeager on Jan 12, 2023 15:38:07 GMT -5

Those persistent amber eyes stared with mild disappointment, a heavy sigh escaping him as he watched the Arrancar retreat and hide his shinigami like a dog might hide a toy.

"Agree to disagree on what people like and don't like on an instinctual level, but I'll have to insist on you letting that man go. I don't want to have to get you involved in the organization I work for, as they don't take kindly to chaotic threats such as yourself. As much as I'd like to handle this myself I'm off the clock, and I don't want to get into an altercation if I don't have too. Now I'd be more than happy to entertain you some other way if that's what it takes to free the Shinigami, but as someone who doesn't enjoy watching others suffer I'm going to have to put my foot down on this one..."

Lazarus raise a hand, what used to be invisible particles of reishi in the ambient air around him slowly started to form into threads, crawling along the air to get to his palm. While he hadn't made any weapon or converted the reishi into some sort of spell just yet, it wouldn't take but a moment to do so if necessary. A single brow would raise towards the Arrancar as he stared, a small mass of reishi slowly coming alive in his hand.

Player

Hequita Avatar

Hequita

Post by Hequita on Jan 14, 2023 11:13:13 GMT -5

Hequita Jannure

Why does this passersby care so much about the fate of this Shinigami? Does he not know who he is talking to, or does he desire to endure the same torture as this victim as well? Perhaps he wishes to be in the same place as the unfortunate man, perhaps he has had enough of living without unbelievable pain upon his body and soul.

In the middle of Lazarus' speech, however, something slipped, and Hequita narrowed his eyes. He revealed that he was not merely a "concerned citizen", he belonged to an organization and recommended the Arrancar to not get involved with them, as they would see him as a threat. That explained it. A little. He still had no idea who this organization was, and what its deal was with Shinigami, but working for someone made more sense than caring for a random person this much.

"Ap-ap-ap-" Hequita muttered, waddling his finger, as if to call for a pause, when Lazarus began gathering Reishi in front of his palm. Unlike the man, he did not summon anything, remaining strictly defenseless. "So there is an organization behind you, then."

He flashed a faint smirk. "Let me state my question again. Who am I talking to? Or rather, on whose orders are you here to talk to me?"

Player

Lazarus Jeager Avatar

Lazarus Jeager

Post by Lazarus Jeager on Jan 15, 2023 8:58:15 GMT -5

Having pulled a decent amount of reishi from the surrounding area, Lazarus held it in his hand as a small but dense mass, not wanting to use it unless she absolutely had too. A smile would creep across his face slowly, though given the situation is might be hard for someone to understand where it had come from.

"If you insist I suppose. I am Lazarus Jeager, and I work for the OGA. It's no organization you'll ever read about, outside of one or two conspiracy blogs nobody bothers to read about. While I wasn't directly ordered to come deal with you, it's our responsibility to look into and deal with any issues that happen in the human realm."

He paused for a moment to consider how else to explain to this hollow what his actions might have an effect on, and how it could come back to bite him where the sun doesn't shine.

"I don't enjoy the company of Shinigami, however what you've already done is enough to cause problems. If however you leave him be and let him live, it can be dealt with before it becomes a bigger problem. Look at it this way, if the Shinigami decide to come looking for the Arrancar who did this, they'll attack any and all hollows in their path. At some point there will be a retaliation, if nothing else to get the Shinigami to go away, but we both know that'll never happen. That sort of back and forth would continue to escalate until there's a full on war going on, and since the Shinigami don't like going to Hueco Mundo, they'll likely come here. The collateral damage alone is enough reason for me to get involved, but I don't want to see a war happen on my front lawn as it were..."

Player

Hequita Avatar

Hequita

Post by Hequita on Jan 17, 2023 4:22:16 GMT -5

Hequita Jannure

Having received enough pain and suffering for today, the Shinigami being held suspended behind Hequita finally passed out. His head slumped downwards, no longer held up against all odds and pressure. It was not death, yet, but it was nearing critical condition.

Hequita listened to Lazarus' explanation with his arms folded behind his back. He could not care less about the man's threats of a war between the Shinigami and Arrancar - the Gotei 13 have all the reason to despise his kind already, and the world was already a battlefield for the strong to thrive and the weak to fall, if other members of his race turned out to be so weak as to not withstand an onslaught, then perhaps they were not worthy of surviving in the first place? Lazarus' mention of an organization he belongs to, a secret one, however...

"...interesting."

Hequita took a glance towards the passed out, suspended Shinigami, then back to Lazarus. An idea slowly developed in his mind. A delightful idea.

"If so, then I have a favor to ask you," the Arrancar said, keeping up the grin on his face. "You have an organization, and I do not - and I obviously cannot bring this man to Hueco Mundo. You will have to take him and bring him to your place to nurture him back to health - if I just drop him on the street, he's going to die. Simple as that. Do you accept this?"

Player

Lazarus Jeager Avatar

Lazarus Jeager

Post by Lazarus Jeager on Jan 17, 2023 15:55:03 GMT -5

What was it about hollows and their wanting to exchange favors, this wouldn't be the first time he'd be offered a deal with an Arrancar, and it probably wouldn't be his last. His own bargain striking left him with somewhat of an ear for how things were phrased, and while he couldn't place the motivation behind the offer placed before him, he knew it had to do with more than the shinigami getting treatment.

"It'd be better for him to recover than for him to die, on this you are correct, however a favor granted is a favor owed. I'd be doing this in return for a favor of my own from you in the future, a deal I've made with another Arrancar in the past a number of times. So tell me, if I happen to accept this offer, do I have your word that you'll give me the same courtesy if we happen to cross paths again?"

That'd be a much easier tool to use for information if the hollow agreed, but nothing stopped him from violating such an agreement, so it was up in the air from the start. Nothing was promised on the hollows end, and an empty offer of a favor was better to agree too than not, especially if there was more to be gained than lost in such a proposal. Lazarus would be all but conceding on whatever Hequita had in mind, though he'd only know once he got the shinigami to safety what the next move would be.

Player

Hequita Avatar

Hequita

Post by Hequita on Jan 19, 2023 9:11:35 GMT -5

Hequita Jannure

Apparently, Lazarus did not realize that the mere fact that Hequita was letting the Shinigami go was a favor in of itself. There was nothing which stopped him from just twisting his fingers and letting his Pixel-Fire tendrils snap the man's neck - but no, he was going to release him, even though he captured him fair and square and all rights of torture and amusement belonged to him.

"What is there you could possibly ask of a poor thing like me?" Hequita commented, with a dose of mocking sarcasm, then sighed. "Fine, you can have that favor, if we meet again."

Terms and conditions will apply if and when that happens, of course - and there was no reason to assume that they would ever meet again, anyway. There are billions of people on the planet and equally as many Hollows, their once in a lifetime meeting might never repeat.

Hequita burrowed his hand into the pocket on his uniform's chest, then pulled it out and slapped the Shinigami's ass. All of the Pixel Fire restraints instantly vanished, and the unconscious body collapsed to the rooftop. After the slap, Hequita moved his hand behind his back, and stated:

"He is all yours."