Bleach Hereafter RPG

Pause

Player

Fullbringer

I have nothing to say.

Niji Avatar

Niji

Post by Niji on Feb 28, 2023 9:19:41 GMT -5

She laid her hand over Maria’s as it gripped her shoulder, there were things to say, but she did not want to say them in front of the shopkeeper. While sad to hear that the Shinigami did not value herself much, it wasn’t particularly surprising; the twins had not been on a particularly encouraging path when she had met them in that alternate reality. It was clear from how Val had turned out that neither of them had really managed to acquire a positive role model. Bue she had seen what both of them could become; it was just a matter of convincing them of what Maria could be. It wasn’t too late for her. She spoke softly to the woman, not that they were far enough away for Tendo not to hear it, ”There is more you should know, but not here.”

She listened quietly to Tendo’s offer, choking down her growing fury at the man. He had already killed Valentina, now he wanted to turn Maria into another tool to do his dirty work. The limited knowledge she had of the Dangai was that he was offering the impossible, according to the textbooks, the kōtotsu swept the dangai every seven real life days, or roughly every five minutes in the precipice world. Not to mention the hazard of the kōryū. Of course, it wouldn’t be a terrible shock if the mad scientist had found a loophole or some way to negate the threats of the dangai.

Niji inclined her head slightly at the comment to her, and gave the man a saccharine smile that did not reach her eyes, ”You must have centuries of experience at this point, I am sure you would find a way.”

The Fullbringer shook her head as the man continued, it had been a mistake to come here; clearly the man had no shame and no guilt. She had learned the Shinigami might be moving against Virgil, but now Maria wanted to go smash herself against the Red Lotus and the asshole that had killed her sister was encouraging it.

She wanted to whisk them both away right now, maybe even leaving a crater in the middle of the building out of spite. But Niji glanced to Maria, prompting the woman to ask any lingering questions before they took their leave.

Player

You fool! You fell right for my trap!

Hequita Avatar

Hequita

Post by Hequita on Mar 4, 2023 17:49:41 GMT -5

Maria Tokareva

Tags: ,

What Tendo was offering to Maria was certainly alluring. She did not know about the time dilation effects of the Dangai, and since the most she needed to prepare for her crusade against Virgil and the Red Lotus was time, a place where she had all the time she needed to prepare was good news. If she were in a better mood, she would even drop a remark, saying that she's seen such "time chambers" in anime and couldn't say no at a chance to try one.

Unfortunately, she wasn't in a better mood. Letting out her inner frustrations to Niji left Maria distraught herself - especially as the woman clearly had more to say to her, yet held it back, leaving the Shinigami's mind wandering. The fact that the Fullbringer was still hostile to the shopkeeper hardly helped her mental state, either - Niji may have presented a polite exterior, but Maria could tell that she was still furious, and even more so than before.

Thankfully, the conversation was winding down, and Tendo was giving them the chance to offer their last questions before they depart.

"I'll... think about it, and..." Maria muttered out a response to Tendo's offer. There wasn't much she could ask Tendo, not that she even wanted to. He was needed to give her information that it was Virgil who deserved to be destroyed - beyond that, he was not the source of information she needed. He didn't know Val personally, and what happened to her, after all. He did not even know of her existence before this... this nightmare.

"...and see you."

Without waiting for Niji, Maria departed towards the door through which they arrived to the living room at the beginning.

ADMINISTRATOR

Shinigami

There are many causes I would die for, but not a single cause I would kill for.

Momoshiro Avatar

Momoshiro

Post by Momoshiro on Mar 8, 2023 20:57:08 GMT -5

sadaharu TENDO
定春 天童

𝖳𝖠𝖦𝖲: |

"Oh, allow me!"

As Maria made her way to the door, Tendo held up his hand to gesture for her to wait a moment. He rose to his feet and quickly shuffled over to the door. He opened it and on the other side was the exterior of the small home and not the back alley behind his store. He grinned back to Maria and then shut the door once more.

As he reached into his robe the grin faded somewhat, but was quickly replaced with a smile as he retrieved the special key and held it at eye level as if he had just found a prize of rare value.

It was play acting of a sort, something to distract him from troublesome thoughts.

Sadaharu held the key in both hands, using one to turn the cylinder over to the color that represented the shop. He placed it into the keyhole, turned, and opened the door once more. They were greeted by the backside of his store once more. He gestured for them to go ahead of him. He waited until no one was left on the other side before stepping out himself and eventually closing the door behind him.

He sighed a bit. The mountain air was so crisp and cool compared to the heavy air of the city.

Tendo smiled to his guests, bowed, and then walked into the shop through the back door. His voice could be heard, slightly muffled as he yelled, "Hey! I thought I told you not to pretend to be me while I'm away!" There was a bit of a commotion as he could be seen apparently chasing himself around the inside of the store while Gigi giggled to herself.

In the upstairs window facing the back alley, a child sized shadow peered back down.

Player

Fullbringer

I have nothing to say.

Niji Avatar

Niji

Post by Niji on Mar 13, 2023 17:46:00 GMT -5

followed Maria without looking back at the mad scientist; the cat-children that the man was employing were not something she had the bandwidth to worry about at the moment. Perhaps someday the man would actually have to deal with the repercussions of his actions, but for now, the fullbringer had more substantial problems. The problem to deal with now, of course,was figuring out a way to keep Maria from running to her death; assisted by Tendo or not.

Once they were safely out of earshot of the store, and Niji had a moment b to calm her roiling emotions, it was her turn to grip Maria’s shoulder, ”Masha, you were lying to yourself in there; or maybe you were lying to that madman. I could tell you were telling the truth when you told me you could never refuse to help a person in pain. That is not the attitude of a bad person; sure, you have not always lived up to your ideals, no one does all of the time. But throwing your life away on revenge, particularly with whatever plan that man may have, is not the way forward.”

She hesitated for a moment, there always was her ace in the hole; the statement that would immediately divert any and all attention that Maria had on revenge. But it did not seem that Maria was deadset on taking Tendo’s offer; perhaps she could hold that card in reserve; there was still so much to figure out about Hibano. ”Can I take us somewhere away from here where we can talk without being overheard?"