Bleach Hereafter RPG

Dox the afterlife before the deep state puts you in a bag

Player

Better Vamoose Outta Here

vance Avatar

vance

Post by vance on Mar 28, 2023 12:27:25 GMT -5

"You know, around here we have only one rule. Shoot it, or recruit it." Vance said with a rather evil looking grin forming at the edges of his lips as his normally straight face almost contorted to that of a full on demon face. He shifted his weight and leaned back before pulling out his FnX and tossing it on the table towards the bartender, complete with a full clip.

"How would you, like a job, you can write all you want, no one but us will ever read it, but one day when everything leaks out the cracks. You could be the most read author in history. Until then, people like us and everyone else will make you seem insane or nonsense. You could spin stories about how a monster attacking a town is a gas leak or some freak accident. It pays well and it would give you some freedom. Or you could take that gun and shoot me, try and get out of here and get yourself published when even now people from our media department are probably trying to take away whatever credit you wish you had. As for Tendo, he represents what the more asshole people in the supernatural and parallel dimensions do, start wars, destroy humans and attempt to bend reality on a daily basis. Everything evil in a nice little box, all under the pretense that they're trying to help fix some problem they caused in the first place."

PLAYER

Ashes to ashes, the ocean crashes

Itsuki Hasegawa Avatar

Itsuki Hasegawa

Post by Itsuki Hasegawa on Mar 30, 2023 12:38:19 GMT -5

Pale fingers crinkled the stack of papers in his grip.
    That expression, a gun levied. Whoever this Agent Vance was, he clearly enjoyed his work. It certainly explained why everyone around the office seemed to have an idea of who he was.
    Itsuki squinted at the gun on the table at first, then closed his eyes with a sigh and dropped the papers onto the polished surface of the desk with a thud.
    Shoot them or hire them? How awful.
    "I refuse to kill you." He said matter of factly, arms coming to cross and returning his gaze to the recruitment officer. Silence ruled the room for the next few seconds slipping away.
    For an international group it seems like a very prejudiced slant. Hunters and killers, just like the Shinigami with the Hollows.
    He had at least seen a hollow run rampant. There was no reason to disbelieve this Tendo person existed but police were more and more inclined as time goes by to exercise their powers to protect their own. That and the fact this guy was a Quincy, what did that mean? The only thing he knew was that they erased those bone-faced freaks from the world instead of moving them on.
    Hollows. Like the one that killed his fiancé.
    The monk's brow creased, unfocused gaze twitching as molten emotions began to bubble and boil inside.
    Is this really the result of the path he was trying to walk, passionless professionalism?
    No, was that feeling right, passionless? Invasive thoughts whispered about using this one's reiatsu to permanently extinguish the soul inside the bear-faced tormentor.
    The thought he might enjoy killing even that monster, even in catharsis was unsettling.
    Still, how could he stop feelings being involved?
    Maybe he can at least use these bloodhounds to take the next step.
    Wherever it leads.
    Painful minutes concluded, Itsuki let go of a burning breath trapped inside of him with a reflexive itch of his collarbone. His bones were twinging. "What does the OGA want with recruiting someone on the verge of death from heart failure? It's not exactly going to be a long-term return on an investment." That shift of tone in his voice betrayed it all. Excitement had been watered down and the stern angle offered by his refusal had softened.
Player of:
Itsuki Hasegawa (Fullbringer Caster)
Cuetlachtli (Arrancar Prodigy)

Est. reply time 24 - 48 hours
GMT+0

Player

vance Avatar

vance

Post by vance on Apr 7, 2023 14:17:23 GMT -5

Vance was shifting as he yawned, as if he did not seem to have a care in the world, which he did not inside HQ but it still made him look like a dunce. He also had no real idea what the young man was talking about. Vance was not a ace in the hole at all. You put him near stuff and EVERYONE but him gets a power boost and he got drained like a stuck pig in a few minutes.

He sighed at that thought and moved on as he yawned. "Not really, I am a disaster waiting to happen. If someone with too much power shows up near me it would be like turning the place into a act of god very quickly. That's why I avoid most fights, after all, there's always a bigger fish. As for Tendo, I don't know, never met him and I have no intention of doing so. Though anyone cracking holes in reality as they mad superpowered monkey's paws that someone else uses to rewrite temporal events seems like not someone I want to know anything about." Vance answered as flatly as he could. The truth was that the OGA had files on everyone that mattered, and Tendo's was half a library that required a lot better access than most in the OGA had. "Well anything else before I make your life miserable."

PLAYER

Itsuki Hasegawa Avatar

Itsuki Hasegawa

Post by Itsuki Hasegawa on Apr 8, 2023 10:06:28 GMT -5

Possessed only of his speculative ignorance about Vance and the OGA, the casual demeanour of one offering to both be shot and offer to turn     Itsuki's life into a thriving hell was nudging him firmly off-guard.
    In the presence of his own awareness of this, Itsuki steadied his breath again against the anxious unease building in his erring heart. He rubbed at the dull ache in his chest.
    "I have to be honest. The idea of working with a secretive government agency does make me uneasy but the alternative seems equally unattractive. Given I do have only about a month of life left in me, I would like life to be easier rather than harder." Yielded the 'guest' in these halls.
    Anxiously chewing at the inside of his cheek, the monk combed over what he felt might just be acceptable given the circumstances. "I do also have prior obligations. Ones that can't exactly be pushed aside.
    More chewing followed, He felt almost like a schoolboy being asked to pick the subjects that would decide the rest of their life, only with more loaded guns involved.
    "Would it be possible to work as a sort of contractor for the OGA? Given the short term of employment I'd like to propose an exchange. I have two things I'm chasing. To make up for the use of your time and resources as an organisation, how about I fulfil two contracts for the OGA as a temporary agent or consultant to balance the scales as well as hand over any information I encounter in the pursuit of my own goals?"
Player of:

GMT+0

Player

vance Avatar

vance

Post by vance on Apr 13, 2023 11:53:00 GMT -5

Vance laughed. "Oh you think death gets you out of this? That's actually funny. Your powers will conform to wherever you end up in the beyond. We think of it more like a class change from a tabletop game than straight dying, unless a Quincy shoots you or something. Supposedly, I mean, I'm one and I don't believe that bullshit no matter how much people want to say it's real. No real proof aside from someone saying that they vanish. But grains of salt, after all all the other spiritual groups are basically insane and poised in dim beliefs." Vance pointed out and rolled his shoulders.

"Of course you can be a contractor or consultant, but that means following the rules. No trying to drab a hole in reality or teach norms the ins and outs of everything that goes bump in the night as it were. As for your proposal, like I said it doesn't end in death, but we do, give and take with favors, I'm a Holiday, and I always keep my word. So, how about this as a counter. When we need you, we'll tell you, and in exchange you can have limited access to our data, if you want more info you can trade it. We broker information all the time. Oh and when we call, coming willingly is a lot better than having to be summoned." Vance stated. "As for your research, add some bogus shit to it, take out some of the finer details, and we can get you edited and published, people will think you're crazy so long as we spin some names and such." Vance continued and offered a hand. Which, like everyone in the OGA, was pretty much shaking hands with the devil you knew was going to be just that.

PLAYER

Itsuki Hasegawa Avatar

Itsuki Hasegawa

Post by Itsuki Hasegawa on Apr 13, 2023 17:38:46 GMT -5

Itsuki felt a great sense of unease against this faustian bargain. Cold dread crept beneath his at the very possibility that a mortal organisation could stain the soul so deeply that it bore the mark into the afterlife.
    Uttering a prayer under his breath, his hands itched against the urge to more openly beseech those beyond to alleviate him of the weight of this new knowledge. At least even under this flurry of finer restrictions and details, he managed to retain as much of it as possible.
    The notion of limited access, coming when he was called for... The monk rubbed at the stubble on his chin, squinting at the proferred hand. A clear line must be drawn. The monk's hands came to join behind his back, taking a steadying breath. There was no reason not to try and make sure things were clear and assume so long as it was co-operation he was pushing for, not to assume he was safe.
    "If I may, regarding this most gracious offer, I must ask for a clarification of terms." A memory itched at the back of his skull through the epnephrine mists filling his mind. "Ah, in paper, please." He said. Clearing his throat, he pushed himself on. "Naturally, I don't expect the contract to ever leave the premises if need be. What I want to be clarified, explicitly, is when and on what terms I can be separated from the organisation." More bitter tones of recollection drifted in the undercurrent his awareness. "I'd quite like to leave as many trappings of my time spent alive behind as possible."
Player of:

GMT+0