13th Division Captain

Partake the cup of my wrath

Muimina Hyakuji Avatar

Muimina Hyakuji

Post by Muimina Hyakuji on May 30, 2023 11:16:25 GMT -5

無意味な 百事
護廷十三隊 - 1st DIVISION

𝖳𝖠𝖦𝖲:

It felt like an eternity… waiting on the girl’s reply. He was sure she was trying to avoid him after her failed confession two years ago. She shrugged it off, probably, as they continued being friends and so he did not expect the words that eventually came out of her lips this very day.

Definitely, music to his ears.

His racing heart skipped once as he slowly made sense of those three special words addressing his name. She loved him too. Eyes widened in shock at first, gradually closed as he leaned forward further... an inch closer to her face that he could almost hear her breathing. His hands which were initially holding her hands, let go and moved naturally to feel her cheeks as he studied her face thoroughly. It was the first time he had looked at her this closely. Brushing her hair to the side, he turned his attention to the makeshift eyepatch she had put on earlier, removing it slowly, "You don't have to hide it. You are beautiful still, my love."

Finally his lips clung to hers gently, feeling... tasting its sweetness he could barely resist.

The rest of the world was in a blur… It could not be compared to the world that was actually in front of him right now.

“I know…” the quincy replied, then he followed up after a few more seconds of silence, “To be clear, your existence was physically impossible.”

After all who would believe an embryo would grow into a teenager in such a short amount of time? And the coincidence of him appearing right after the Skyfall incident… after his last meeting with his girlfriend… there was no mistaking it. This guy was a product of their love for each other.

“I already told you. I want to talk to you. Alone.” His gaze shifted towards the Sternritter briefly then returned to Hibano.

“I’ve got a few pieces to your puzzle you wouldn’t want to miss.”

[333]
Last Edit: May 30, 2023 21:19:39 GMT -5 by Muimina Hyakuji

Shadows still hunt us in broad daylight.

GAME MASTER

Wandenreich - Soldat

Memories broken, the truth goes unspoken...

Hibano Avatar

Hibano

Post by Hibano on May 31, 2023 2:25:51 GMT -5

Maria Tokareva

When Hyakuji reached for the eyepatch covering the left side of her face, Maria's hand gently took a hold of his fingers and lowered them before he could pull it off. Though she appreciated the sentiment of loving her the way she really was, the scars that were behind that fabric were still a touchy topic for her and so she wanted to hide them as soon as she could.

"So are you... but I'd rather keep what's behind it to myself. I don't want it reminding me of my past."

Their lips touched and melted together, remaining that way for a few long seconds, before they finally retreated, if only for an inch. Maria's breaths were now deeper, and her right eye was locked with Hyakuji's left. Then, for a moment, she giggled.

"So, this is where you're taking me?"

Even when rebutted that he could not be Hibano's father, the man did not go away, and even requested to talk to him in private. Always a concerning prospect when they were still undercover and hoping to get away before the Shinigami clean up their mess and then go after them.

Hibano and Elisicia glanced to each other, as if seeking the other's wisdom.

"Just leave him be. We have to go," the Sternritter was the first to speak. To her surprise, however, Hibano's answer was different from what she expected:

"You can go. I'll catch up to you."

Elisicia glared at the Quincy defector, then at Hibano, then shrugged. Under the Emperor's orders, she did not have the authority to order the man around anymore, even if it disappointed her, so she stepped off and vanished, consumed by a Shadow that transported her to the Schatten Bereich. Hibano was left alone with the unfamiliar man who claimed to be his father.

"I'll give you one minute to explain what you meant."

GAME MASTER

13th Division Captain

Partake the cup of my wrath

Muimina Hyakuji Avatar

Muimina Hyakuji

Post by Muimina Hyakuji on May 31, 2023 8:18:00 GMT -5

無意味な 百事
護廷十三隊 - 1st DIVISION

𝖳𝖠𝖦𝖲:

“I understand.” Hyakuji answered when she did not let him see the eyepatch that had hidden a part of her. Perhaps she was not comfortable to show everything about her yet, which the Captain willingly accepted.

“Still… I want you to know I accept you for who you are. Regardless of your past. So, be not afraid to bare your soul to me…” Hopefully in time…

After the passionate exchange, Maria asked where Hyakuji would take her. It was quite a vague question, with too many interpretations. Was she asking about his commitment to their relationship? Where would they go from here? Were they exclusively dating? Did she want more than a kiss? Or was she asking for a literal place? Sometimes women can be vague with what they want, and sometimes, men can be as dense as to figure it all out.

“Well… I could take you to more. If it’s still not clear, I want you to be my girlfriend. I want to create as many memories with you as I can. I want you to depend on me, and I depend on you. I want to support you... To cheer you on. To make you happy.”

The world is fleeting. Peace may have been restored now, and it might last for a year or two… but there were still uncertainties. The quincy earlier, if he could not be tamed, could be the next threat… especially, if it was truly Val’s soul inside of him.

Once the Sternritter was gone, Yael would sigh with relief. Now he could be honest with his son. Yet, he did not know where to begin… One minute seemed like a short time, considering the few more seconds he wasted just thinking about how to bring to the table the truth.

“Right… let me introduce myself properly. I am Yael, from the house Schwarzwald. Before I tell you my story… or rather, our story with your mother, let me ask you. Do you remember your childhood? Any memorable moments that could bring you nostalgia? Any experience that makes you want to go back to the past… perhaps, the memory of your mother singing you a lullaby? First dodgeball? First pet? First day in school?”

The blonde Quincy waited for a few moments… he was sure there were none. Thus he continued… “None. Right? It’s because you didn’t have one. You were not even born until two years ago. In a lab. After your mother was killed. And who was the culprit? The head of an organisation of fullbringers. He sacrificed Valentina, your mother to be the conscious hogyoku. Val… as much as I loved her, had a twisted perception of the world. She wanted to destroy the universe, the whole of reality so she could finally experience freedom, and not only that. She dreamed of liberating everyone through such actions. and I… thinking that I fully understand what she wanted, left her so she could fulfill her desire. Until some weeks later, I learned she was captured, and thus became the living vessel of the Hogyoku. We fought her… Gaia… and some other two shinigami. Her power was immense… it was the reason for the Breaking of Skies in the world of the living. Which also affected all the realms. Her dream came true, if only for that particular time. We struggled, I almost got killed… but we managed to defeat her. All for the sake of saving humanity. I… don’t know what happened next. I was brought to Schatten Bereich by some unfamiliar quincy medic. Until I found out that someone was trying to reach me. They told me… the shinigami were able to utilise her soul and put it in the embryo that was found in her womb. That baby… was you.”

Yael paused briefly, only to gauge his son’s reaction.

“I… don’t know why you wanted to kill the people who brought you to life. This world had already seen so much pain and suffering. War will not come to an end. If it was the Wandenreich who told you about what the Shinigami did to our race, that was not the whole story. The war happened because the Emperor wanted to take over. I do not have a grasp of the shinigami organisation. But I’ve heard of the bureaucracy there… which is pretty much like the Wandenreich. No one is perfect, Hibano. Not even the quincy… our race which you are so proud about."

"Say, you got what you wanted. You have exacted revenge on the shinigami. The wheels have been turned. Will you be happy? Are you going to be satisfied? The cycle will only continue. And they will slaughter your next generation just like what you would do to theirs. It will never end.”

[805]

Shadows still hunt us in broad daylight.

GAME MASTER

Wandenreich - Soldat

Memories broken, the truth goes unspoken...

Hibano Avatar

Hibano

Post by Hibano on May 31, 2023 10:51:57 GMT -5

Maria Tokareva

Maria's question seemed to have confused Hyakuji, but he quickly regained his bearings and confessed his undying loyalty to her, his desire to take her to happiness, to support her and to create long cherished memories together. While he was speaking, she slowly wrapped her arms around his neck, leaning on him for support while following his every word and smiling brightly.

"And I will make you happy. I will stay with you, forever and ever, I will be by your side, no matter what." It was still a little difficult to believe that this was where they've ended up. It felt dizzying, as if she could achieve anything, as if the future is now nothing but a bright road laden with bricks of gold.

Yet, it was clear, even from the little clouds that briefly blotted out Hyakuji's expression, that this peace would always be fragile. And Maria knew who was the next threat to that piece, already. Soon, they will have to take off for another threat to themselves, Soul Society, and the entire world.

But, until then, they have to enjoy the peace.

Maria leaned closer in their embrace.

"...drop by my place after we head back?"

When the Quincy put forth his name, Yael Schwarzwald, a new emotion arose from the deep depths of Hibano's subconscious. He had heard that name before - but now, connected with a face and a voice, it invoked a deep feeling of fury, much like Niji's had when he first witnessed her. Unlike... that moment, he did not immediately lunge forth with a sword in hand, but it immediately painted his perception of the story which the other Quincy told.

He knew everything. He detailed a story of him being a Shinigami experiment, raised from an embryo that came of the love of him and his mother, Valentina Tokareva. If he could be trusted, it was definite - that was the name of his mother, locked inside of his body. She wished to destroy the universe, driven by a desire of misunderstood liberation. That's what Yael imagined him being possessed by, and, much like Niji, he finished off his explanation by trying to convince Hibano against his plan of destroying the Shinigami, repeating the same platitudes as her.

The fury in the back of his mind wished for him to raise his weapon and open fire. Yael was unarmed, and he would not see it coming. It would be as easy as shooting down a training dummy.

Yet...

That must be my mother's calling.

If she fought Niji and fought Yael... she would have deep reasons to destroy them both. And this inexplicable desire to annihilate them, it has to be connected with her presence in his body, somehow.

So, Hibano did not act upon this instinct. He listened to the very end, still holding his spirit weapon tightly, but not pointed at Yael, merely on his chest.

"Is this all you wanted to say?" he would ask, to confirm. Yael placed a question in front of him. Will he be happy once he achieves revenge on the Shinigami? Hibano did not offer an answer to that. He didn't... have an answer to that. After the confirmation, he stared at Yael for a few seconds, a pure, undiluted silence setting across the rooftop.

"If this is who you are, if this is what my past truly is... then I am no longer a Schwarzwald. My father is Remus."

A thick, deepening shadow consumed Hibano, its tentacles surrounding him and then pulling him in, transporting him back to Schatten Bereich and then vanishing entirely.
Last Edit: May 31, 2023 10:55:03 GMT -5 by Hibano