Bleach Hereafter RPG

The Wild Forest

PLAYER

The only thing I know for real...

Iwan Kosnik Avatar

Iwan Kosnik

Post by Iwan Kosnik on Aug 27, 2020 15:01:09 GMT -5

The Quincy cocked an eyebrow at Valentina. “I didn’t try killing you before telling it” He stated before turning his gaze to the darkened forest. “It’s just a dream, anyways. The Shinigami have hundreds of years to hone their combat skills. I only have one life. I doubt much of my kind is out there, anymore… Doesn’t mean I can’t try to knock them down a peg. Recuperations for murdering my people”

Peace with the fullbringers sounded like quite the advantageous venture. Judging by his interactions with them thus far, most seemed reasonable enough. There was, however, the issue of their creation. Iwan had no issues with them. After all, they were simple victims of Hollows, just as his people were. He could not guarantee the rest of his kind would look at them with the same leniency. Even his own family would’ve likely seen them as threats.

“You’re quite the opportunist, Valentina. Such a union would likely be effective. Yet you forget where your powers originate from” He’d look to her again with a grimace. “Hollows are the sworn enemy of my kind. And despite their method of creation, your powers originate from that enemy. I could hardly stand your aura when we had first encountered one another. The rest of the Quincy would likely see you as a threat” He shrugged. “If It’s any consolation, though, at least I no longer wish to see you dead. Impressive... given how we met”

GAME MASTER

Wandenreich - Soldat

Memories broken, the truth goes unspoken...

Hibano Avatar

Hibano

Post by Hibano on Aug 28, 2020 9:57:07 GMT -5

Valentina Tokareva

Once again, Val leaned back, resting her head on the nearest tree and folding her arms behind the back of her head, all while listening to Iwan's explanations - this time about why the idea she's just thrown out might not work as she might have intended. Much like the Quincy had explained earlier, the mere presence of Hollow aura is nauseating to one of their kind, and ultimately quite poisonous. This includes Fullbringers, who were born from the infestation of Hollow energy and thus carry that little bit within themselves, even if they pose no inherent threat to Quincies. And while Iwan might have come to realize that, the rest of his people would certainly view them differently, would they not.

But first...

"Hey, thanks. Just make sure that doesn't make you fight me less viciously next time," Val blurbed out in response to Iwan's final comment, grinning. And there will definitely be a next time, unless one of them croaks before coming across each other. She wouldn't miss out on a chance to test her skills against someone of that calibre again - after all, what use are superpowers if you don't throw them at other superhumans?

"I guess that's something to add into my list of dreams. A dream to convince our two peoples to work together," she continued, tapping her chin in thought. "Maybe, when the balance of souls falls apart, the whole distinction between Hollow and non-Hollow Reishi will collapse? After all, at that point, they're not really shunned from Soul Society if Soul Society has just merged into the mortal world... So you'll be able to interact with them without any fear."

(276 words)

PLAYER

Iwan Kosnik Avatar

Iwan Kosnik

Post by Iwan Kosnik on Aug 28, 2020 16:15:58 GMT -5

Valentina was naive to say the least. She had an entire list of dreams she had to accomplish, most taking a lifetime to complete. Yet she spoke as if they were just around the corner. Iwan personally didn’t like the sound of Soul Society merging with the Living World but she seemed to think it would solve everything. Nothing was ever that simple, straightforward or easy…

“Hmph. I don’t go into a fight I intend to win without preparation. You caught me off guard. If it happens again, don’t expect it to be as easy. And let’s make one thing very clear...” He glared at the girl. “We do not fear hollows. We despise them. They are pests, not predators. My kind is just as toxic to them as they are to us” Iwan returned back to the pile of blankets, satisfied with his mobility. He could probably take off within a day or so back to civilization. “This is not some millennium long misunderstanding between our kinds. Nor is it something that could be resolved. My kind exists to eliminate Hollows. Even if our Reiatsu ceased to be toxic to one another, we would not stop in our mission”

Iwan sat back against a tree which the blankets had been setup next to. “You obviously aren't a Hollow, though. You can reason and think past your primal instincts. Your mind isn’t afflicted with the desire to consume and harm, like a Hollow’s is. That’s good enough for me”

Last Edit: Aug 30, 2020 12:26:06 GMT -5 by Iwan Kosnik

GAME MASTER

Wandenreich - Soldat

Hibano Avatar

Hibano

Post by Hibano on Aug 29, 2020 14:12:49 GMT -5

Valentina Tokareva

Iwan immediately rebutted, declaring that she had the wrong idea about pretty much everything. First, Quincy did not fear Hollows, it was more a matter of hate and extermination. Second, it was a conflict rooted inherently in their nature, something which was impossible to simply fix, and therefore, no matter what Val or any other person does, the Hollows and the Quincies will always be in conflict with one another. They will always hate one another, hunt one another, and die from one another.

Val stared at Iwan with a blank expression, saying nothing at first, even after the Quincy finished his explanation. However, her mind already knew that he could not possibly be right. Or, rather... if their lives turn out to be so bleak and chained by the laws of nature which Iwan explains - Hollow toxicity, the need to hunt them down - then it is only right to find a way to break that chain, rather than continue living by it.

She said she wasn't going to bother him with any more philosophy, however, and so, she did not bring it up. Instead, something else came to Val's mind.

"But what will you do when all the Hollows are destroyed? And no more of them are born?" she spoke up. "Do you have a plan, maybe a dream of what you'll do when you don't have to worry about hunting Hollows anymore? Or will you remain a hunter no matter what, travelling the planet in search of Hollows even when they've gone extinct?"

(255 words)

PLAYER

Iwan Kosnik Avatar

Iwan Kosnik

Post by Iwan Kosnik on Aug 30, 2020 12:44:30 GMT -5

After a long moment of silence, Iwan gave a simple shrug. A mistake, as another sharp pain shot through his injury. “I won’t be around if or when that happens. I doubt this “melding of souls” would even really happen. Not like we have anything but the words of Shinigami to work off of. Maybe it’s all a lie. Maybe nothing will happen”

Iwan’s family was under the firm impression that the Shinigami were lying about their reason for war. He had his doubts, but believed there was a good deal of truth to it. It might have just been killing two birds with one stone. Until that time came, however, no one could say what would happen if the worlds melded together. Certainly not some lowly quincy and a fullbringer punk.

“Hmph. If I didn’t have to deal with Hollows anymore? That’s a funny question. To me, at least. I never intended to live this life” Iwan itched the side of his face as he reminisced back to his youth. Life seemed easier back then. All those arguments were just simple footnotes in days full of partying and highschool drama… “I think I wanted to be a businessman, like my father. Though if I’m being honest, I didn’t know what I wanted. That just seemed like the easiest choice at the time” Iwan glanced down at Pokuta. “Now I can’t imagine being anything other than a Quincy. Guess I should of listened to them”

GAME MASTER

Wandenreich - Soldat

Hibano Avatar

Hibano

Post by Hibano on Aug 30, 2020 15:43:35 GMT -5

Valentina Tokareva

"No plan, then."

Val's eyes were now locked towards the starry sky, repeating Iwan's response in her mind. The Quincy did not have plans for the off chance that the Hollows he hunts simply stop existing. By now, he was married to the job, and even if he admitted that he did not originally want to live this life, he could no longer imagine himself doing anything but this. At the same time, he expressed his doubts whether anything like that could ever possibly happen.

Frozen in time, forever going after creatures poisonous to you, and never finding any avail, until you pass away either naturally or from a Hollow's hand, having resolved that there will be no other outcome for you.

Barely audibly, Val muttered under her breath. "What is the point of fighting Hollows if you never think you can make a change?"

The woman then coughed, as if nothing had happened at all, then finally spoke for real. "I don't know if that's the right way of thinking about things. You should always have an another path in mind - the world's dynamic, and so should we all be. No point in sticking to the same thing for the rest of your life..."

A second or so after she finished, the faint howl of a wolf reached her ears from the distance. Wherever the animal was, it was too far away to be of any danger to them - but it was a good waking up call that they were in the middle of the night, all the wildlife in the forest was waking up to hunt, and they shouldn't rouse too much attention. Hey, maybe there's a few Hollows somewhere out there, too.

Val splayed her hand towards the Fullbring pot and got the fire underneath to dim and eventually cease, all while speaking:

"You should probably tuck yourself in. Unless you think you'll still be able to ward off some unsuspecting bear in that state."

(328 words)

PLAYER

Iwan Kosnik Avatar

Iwan Kosnik

Post by Iwan Kosnik on Aug 31, 2020 13:06:22 GMT -5

Valentina was probably right. One should always plan for changes in life. Iwan, however, had little to no time for worrying about that. For the past four years he was stuck stewing in revenge and guilt. There was no turning on his path, at least not for a while. The fire was snuffed as the wolves howled at the moon. Years of hunting Hollows out in these wilds had jaded the man to the “Dangerous” wildlife of the area. After all, if a simple wolf could take him down, what kind of Quincy would he be? Iwan gave a smirk to Valentina’s bear remark.

“In all my life, I’ve never met an animal that could outrun or withstand a solid gunshot” He patted Pokuta like you would an old friend. “But it is getting late. We’ll need rest if we hope to make it out of here in good time” Iwan pulled the covers over himself whilst still sitting against the tree. It was an old hunting tip his Grandfather had taught him, when in the wild you should always be prepared to shoot or run. Iwan preferred to shoot. If they were lucky, the duo could even have a nice bear stew for breakfast.

A soft click of Pokuta’s bolt unlocking could be heard as he pulled it back and locked it in place.