BANNED

I am sorry...

Yukari Aihara Avatar

Yukari Aihara

Post by Yukari Aihara on Oct 15, 2020 7:59:39 GMT -5

CAT AND MOUSE
Type: Retrieve (PvE) (Repeatable)
Level: 1
Description: A dangerous prisoner has escaped from the Maggot’s Nest prison and fled to the Living World.
Find and return them unharmed.
Do not let them hurt anyone else.

After encountering Stefan De Oro in the Lithuanian wildernessed, Yukari was hard pressed to reach Iwan, after being gone for nearly twenty four hours after being attacked by Hollows. The schedule she planned out to reach South Korea via the trans siberian railway was entirely derailed, she cursed under her breath, she was only a four hour drive away from reach Kosnak Poland, but she was clearly not prepared for the super natural to slow her down significantly in her travels. By this point she was concerned of what might have taken place if she was on a plane had she traveled with her passport, it was becoming clear that her Reiryoku was attracting hollows, and the like to her vicinity. The only reason she managed to get further towards the invisible border of Lithuania and Poland was because she followed the Quincy churches along the way, which were rich in a holy aura, that kept the horrors at bay.

As the dirt bike she was riding on was nearly empty on gas, she was forced to go on the main road, to the nearest gas station, and she could only push the used bike to travel 32 km because pushing it to 40 caused it to stall on her. Luck would be on her side when she was actually near one in an off beaten path surrounded by natural pines, she paid the old man at the counter who was actually asleep until the bell went off by the door, to wake him from his slumber. Yukari stocked up on provisions at the same time, nearly filling her backpack. While she had no doubt that she was two hours away from her destination, she could not count on her own luck to allow her to arrive safely, it was her fate to face the challenges life had to offer.

After the tank was full, she filled two more tanks she purchased from the station store, tying them to the back of the bike as back up with rope. Two hours at a low speed was nothing, life had taught her a valuable lesson to trust her gut instinct, and to rely on precognition. The next Quincy church was close, nearly one more hour to go, at a less than desirable speed. It was nearing nightfall, so she would have to sleep there in order to safely get the rest she required to recover physically, and by the time she arrived she was disappointed to discover only the stone foundation was left covered in blue ivy by a stream. This church was in the worst condition compared to the others on the map, it was a remnant of the Holy Roman Empire, which was actually blessed by Quincy reishi in order to keep the hollows that rose from the dead victims of the black plague.

Yukari lifted the motorcycle with ease, with more than superhuman strength on the foundation, regardless of the lack of walls or roof, the Quincy reishi was still glowing like blue fireflies due her spiritually aware ability to see it. The Holy Roman Empire existed long enough for several Quincy to give up their reishi, perhaps even a fragment of their reiryoku, in order to keep these churches blessed with their abilities. While she did not have access to a history book or the internet, she knew the empire had fallen, and with it the Quincy who were missionaries among their ranks. A lesson she was given by Stefan De Oro after she finally decided to hear everything he had to say from his memories.

In the back of her mind, she was curious why the Soma Clan had avoided collaborating with Quincy or Shinigami. The answer was simple, being a fullbringer was a martial art at The Academy, they were fully aware that the cycle of souls had nothing to do with their abilities as humans. It is also the same reason the Clan had survived for a millenium, from the very beginning of Japanese Zen Buddishm, a practice that has been kept with the Aihara Clan and her distant relatives.

Yukari sat down on a part of the stone that was not covered in ivy and began to eat a gas station sandwich until a portal opened nearby. Of course a portal opened nearby, portals into another dimension had been appearing around her lately, and she tensed up to see a figure emerge from it. The spiritual pressure was difficult to ignore, she could see the rooftops of stone shingles, from none other than Soul Society.

[762]

You're the cure, you're the pain
You're the only thing I wanna touch
Never knew that it could mean so much

PLAYER

2nd Division - 3rd Seat

No better practice then true combat.

shida hagane Avatar

shida hagane

Post by shida hagane on Oct 17, 2020 20:42:59 GMT -5

Shida was sitting down relaxing having some tea, it was his reward for himself, after finishing all his paperwork it was finally time for some rest and ... 

Suddenly the alarms started blaring, causing Shida spit out his tea, and a message was sent out "warning, warning, a prisoner has escaped the maggots nest all members of the 2nd division, set up defensive measurements and hunt the escaped prisoner."

Shida got up and started running toward the maggots nest when a black butterfly showed up and relayed a message from 4th seat Yoshinori, "Shida the prisoner escaped to the living world, his powers are about illusions of pain and suffering. Your shikai makes you the best person the hunt him down. I've got the maggots nest covered, head to the living world and capture him. According to the gate guardians he went to Lithuania, don't know where in the country but this Jigokuchō will help you hunt him."

Shida then turned around and started running toward the nearest Senkaimon.

Shida was standing at the gate and was about to enter when he sensed someone he knew in the area so he decided to head that way instead of the capitol. 

Shida exited the senkaimon to find himself in the middle of nowhere. He looked around to see yukari sitting on some rocks eating a sandwich. "Hey Yukari i thought i sensed your soul pressure. I need your help if its cool with you." Shida then walked over to her. "A prisoner from the maggots nest, its what we call our jail. He's a traitorous soul reaper who tried working with the arrancar. He escaped and due to the nature of his powers i was sent to hunt him down. He creates illusions that cause pain and suffering. And due to whats going on in our world we need all hands on deck to make sure no one else escapes. So I'm flying solo."

Shida then realized something "OH, I actually remembered to bring one this time." Shida then took out an extra phone and showed it Yukari. "Remember last time we met I talked about these phones I hand out to fullbringers willing to help us. Well now that the first division captain has mostly cleared my plan I can hand these out without issue. Works like a normal phone but it can make calls to the soul society. Though I'm the only with a phone right now so its only me you can contact and other fullbringers with the phone." Shida then handed it her way. "Its your if you want it."

Post 1
Last Edit: Oct 17, 2020 20:47:12 GMT -5 by shida hagane

BANNED

I am sorry...

Yukari Aihara Avatar

Yukari Aihara

Post by Yukari Aihara on Oct 17, 2020 21:25:38 GMT -5

“Shida-sam.” Yukari placed the sandwich down on a handkerchief she sprawled out, she was not wearing her usual outfit, but rather a cable knit sweater, black leggings, and a pair of platform sneakers. The tan teenager was carrying a backpack, her sword was attached to her dirt bike, and she walked over to take the cellphone the shinigami had for her especially.

The smell of dry ramen lingered in the air for a second, she figured it was just the wind, and took the device in her long sleeve covered hand, only her finger tips peaked out of the ribbed knitted wrist because it was over sized, and in that exact moment she was snatched away completely unarmed.

It appeared the escaped prisoner managed to confiscate his own zanpakuto, a dual sword wielder, who used illusion to escape the Maggot’s nest using a box of ramen to mask his Reiryoku with that of a box from the realm of the living. Since everything in Soul Society was made of reishi, he managed to escape by suppressing his Reiryoku within the confinements of the box, masking his own presence, he was no match for Shida Hagane, but he figured this tan teenager meant something to him and putting Yukari’s life in danger would open up an opportunity to escape.

It was a hostage situation now.

Yukari’s odachi blade focus was still on her dirt bike at the decrepit church, diminishing her ability to concentrate her fullbring without injuring herself on her reiryoku powered incomplete release, it was dangerous to use her powers. The mysterious box wearing shinigami had two swords, she was being carried over his shoulder, so she carefully reached for his second sword, while holding the phone in the other hand, and broke free.

Holding a shinigami’s zanpakuto was exhilerating, she could feel her own soul, and heartbeat without even moving. In the back of her mind, she could be in a lot of trouble for using a Shinigami’s sword, so she figured confiscating it was enough. Yukari took a defensive stance as she stepped towards the top of a ravine.

The sound of a waterfall nearby echoed, then it was nightfall, she sighed as she had to rely on her other senses in order to see anything at all in this wilderness.

Post 2
Last Edit: Oct 17, 2020 21:30:14 GMT -5 by Yukari Aihara

PLAYER

2nd Division - 3rd Seat

shida hagane Avatar

shida hagane

Post by shida hagane on Oct 17, 2020 22:33:54 GMT -5

Shida was about to hand her the phone when suddenly a blur blew past him and Yukari was gone. He quickly looked over to where the blur went to see a shinigami where a damn box on his head carrying Yukari off.  "What the fuck?" Shida said. He then wondered why Yukari wasn't using her fullbringer. Only to look over at her motorcycle and see her sword was on it. "Shit!" Shida said before grabbing it and started chasing after her and the box wearing weirdo. 

Shida was fast and was quickly catching up when he saw Yukari break out of her captors arms. He was about to land next to her when suddenly the sky turned dark and Yukari disappeared. Its that bastards illusions, "Tamigama? I know your here you son of a bitch." Shida tied Yukari's sword to his back and drew his. Quickly chanting his activation phrase his sword took on his shiaki form. 

Shida then slowly started to walk around listening and trying to sense him. Suddenly he felt a weak presence behind him. He turned around just in time to see Tamigama reaching out of the shadows trying to grab Yukari's sword. Shida tried to punch him in the face only to knock the box off his dumb head. He then slicked back into the shadows. 

Shida then heard a voice coming from all around him. "All I want is that bitches sword. She took mine so its only right I take her's. Now hand it over or its her I'm gonna be hurting cause I know I cant hurt you into submission. But its still fun." Shida suddenly felt something snap on his legs. He looked down to see a bear trap had snapped on his legs. His leg was broken and it was bleeding bad. 

Shida laughed "You know illusions only work if you don't know how they work." Shida then shook it off and the bear trap disappeared along with the broken leg. He then sat down and started to focus. If he can focus hard enough he can break the illusion. He suddenly felt something smack the back of his head. He reached back to feel a metal spike in his head. He then went back to focusing, ignoring anything thrown at him. Tamigama, was getting angry with shida ignoring him. He was starting to act like a child in a tantrum throwing all kinds of blades and even fire and acid on him.

Post 2
Last Edit: Oct 17, 2020 22:42:24 GMT -5 by shida hagane

BANNED

I am sorry...

Yukari Aihara Avatar

Yukari Aihara

Post by Yukari Aihara on Oct 17, 2020 22:50:10 GMT -5

Yukari watched in the distance, she saw Shida swat invisible things out of the way with his zanpakuto, as he stood in a forest clearing, she tilted her head in confusion, he was under some kind of imaginary spell that was only visible to him, it was no different from watching two crabs dance in a circle trying to pinch each other with the claws; except it was two shinigami clashing with their swords in a dark illusion.

“Shida-sama?” She called out to him, maybe her voice carried over in the illusion, and he could follow it to escape out of it and return to reality. Her honey colored eyes noticed the red cord over the Shinigami’s uniform, it was her sword, she almost did not make it out since his entire frame nearly hid the ceremonial katana on his back. “Can you hear me? If you could toss that blade over from the sound of my voice we can pin him down together. I have one of his swords.”

The zanpakuto was secured into her backpack, using the cord that was already attached to the guard of the blade to strap it in place, she had both her hands free by rolling up her sweater from her wrists to her forearms, prepared to catch her own sword using bringer light to help him pin the moving shadow, that kept sweeping around him through the shadows that were being cast down on the earthen ground by the nearby trees.

[245]

Post 3

PLAYER

2nd Division - 3rd Seat

shida hagane Avatar

shida hagane

Post by shida hagane on Oct 17, 2020 23:41:27 GMT -5

Shida eventually could feel the sunlight on his back. The sun was low but its was out unlike the sunless darkness he was once in. He then heard Yukari yelling at him. He opened his eyes to see Yukari saying to throw her sword. That wasn't gonna happen, if Tamigama is watching he's probably gonna try to catch it when Shida throws it. He slowly started walking toward Yukari, motioning for her to come close as well. "His abilities are illusions if you know they are fake you can shake them off."

Right before Shida passed over her sword, Tamigama showed up trying to attack shida with his sword. Which he blocked and quickly threw Yukari her sword back. Tamigami then jumped away from Shida trying to grab the sword. Shida acting quickly yelled out "Bakudo #1 sai" this caused Tamigama's arms to bend back and lock behind him. Tamigama hit the floor face first causing his nose to start bleeding. Because Shida didnt say the full incantation the spell was very weak allowing Tamigama to easily brake it and escaped back into the shadows. 

Shida then got next to Yukari "Stay close, its difficult for him to put others in an illusion when they stand close to another person, plus he's not strong enough to put more then one person in it.

Post 3

BANNED

I am sorry...

Yukari Aihara Avatar

Yukari Aihara

Post by Yukari Aihara on Oct 18, 2020 1:37:53 GMT -5

For a brief moment Shida broke away from the illusion, even subduing the shadowy criminal Shinigami in a Kido spell, so he could hand over Yukari’s sword instead of throwing it at her; she was impressed that he managed to overcome his own kind in such a way. Apparently this shadowy assailant was cursed with the affliction of having desire to become stronger by joining the ranks of arrancar. Soul Society viewed it as treason by keeping him in some kind of prison, yet he was still alive, trying to escape, but he could not leave without the second sword in her position. The zanpakuto that was a pair of swords was weakened by not wielding both.

Tamigama was outnumbered, he had no choice but to attack Yukari, and get his second katana to be at full power. Closing in through the shadows of the surrounding trees, Yukari predictably swung her black odachi, the sly criminal was going to say that she missed, and was seconds from reaching his own sword attached to her backpack.

“I never miss. Black Adhearing blossom.”

Sparks of black lightning bolts danced around her six foot sword and shocked Tamigama, giving Shida an opportunity to strike him into submission.

[203]

Post 4

PLAYER

2nd Division - 3rd Seat

shida hagane Avatar

shida hagane

Post by shida hagane on Oct 18, 2020 2:45:37 GMT -5

Shida could feel Tamigama coming their way. He turned around to see Yukari already attacking. Black lightning shooting off her blade paralyzing Tamigama in place. Shida took that opportunity, he flash stepped behind Tamigama and punched him in the back of the head hard enough to knock him unconscious.

Once Tamigama hit the floor, Shida took the chance to breath. "Good its over." Shida then took that phone he wasn't able to hand over before and passed it over to Yukari "Here take it before any other crazy crap happens." Shida then takes out some rope he had in his small hip pack. He then bound Tamigama's wrists and upper arms behind his back making it difficult to even move them when he wakes up. Shida then took their swords and tied them to his back.

"Thanks again for helping me out Yukari. If your ever in a pickle hit me up and I'll try to help. OH and i finally learned how to open a senkaimon." Shida then put his hands together to start to chant. After a bit the door of the senkaimon opened, Shida then picked up Tamigama by the ropes around his arms and started dragging him back through the gates back to the maggots nest.

Post 4

BANNED

I am sorry...

Yukari Aihara Avatar

Yukari Aihara

Post by Yukari Aihara on Oct 18, 2020 21:27:15 GMT -5

Yukari took the phone, it was the first time anyone has given her an important piece of technology like this, it was not within the AIhara Clan family budget to afford an international smartphone let alone one that could be used between the supernatural realms. It was also the first time she ever received a man’s personal number, she was burying her face inside her red scarf as she blushed at the idea of Shida being readily accessible to her, of course it was mainly at a professional shinigami level, but she was just a hopeless teenager in the first place.

With a silent nod, she put the device away, in a side pocket of her backpack, as she reached back she still had the zanpakuto she confiscated, and she immediately untied it quickly by pulling the cord then held it out for Shida to take with him.

“I will text first, before calling, in case you’re busy with…” Yukari trailed off, she almost called him the grim reaper just now, and she changed her response last minute, “... your Soul Society duties. Thank you, Shida-sama.”

The tan teenager bowed, holding her sheathed sword in both her hands, in deep appreciation for what she felt might have been a gift, but the possibly it was just a loaned piece of technology on behalf of the 2nd Division. It would be quite useful in her travels given her affinity for finding trouble.

It was ultimately one of the many reasons she was spared the death sentence by the 1st Division by the end of the summer.

Post 5

PLAYER

2nd Division - 3rd Seat

shida hagane Avatar

shida hagane

Post by shida hagane on Oct 19, 2020 3:31:27 GMT -5

Shida stopped in his tracks and looked over to Yukari, she handed over the zanpakto she managed to steal from Tamigama. Shida grabbed it from her and strapped it to his back as well. "Thanks i almost forgot about that. Though keeping it in the living world would be a great idea to keep him weak, even if he escapes again, but if it falls into the wrong hands it could prove more troublesome. Again, hit me up if you need some help."

Shida then dragged Tamigama through the senkaimon back to the soul society. Tamigama was then carried off by the gaurds back to the maggots nest.  Shida then went back to his office to write up a report on the whole incident. Now that he was thinking back on the whole thing it was odd how Yukari was in the right place at the right time. In fact is seemed like a lot of oddities followed Yukari like a curse. She talked about how her clan has been fighting hollows for many generations. While its true that people attacked by hollows cause their children to gain powers of a fullbringers but if its been happening for generations maybe it has effects on more then just their powers but maybe their fate. It has been rumored that hollows spiritual pressure can cause sickness or even cause foul luck in the area if its made a nest in a town, but that's so rare its undocumented even by the 12th division researchers, its nothing more then rumors on top of rumors. 

Shida then started scratching his head. "I'm so sick of rumors I just want some answers. If we knew what was going on we could make clear reports and stop hatred between the groups. We could know exactly whats our enemy or who can be our allies. Arrancar being freindly, Shinigami betray us, Quincy working with us, and even fullbringers being causing chaos by absorbing hollow souls instead of repressing them. The black and white line we grew up with is shattered and the lines in the sand dashed. If only our superiors understood that instead of being stubborn bastards stuck to the old ways and refusing to see the grey in the world, there wouldn't need to be wars or massacres of whole races."

Post 5