Bleach Hereafter RPG

CLASSES OVERHAUL PATCH (version 1.8)

ADMINISTRATOR

Shinigami

There are many causes I would die for, but not a single cause I would kill for.

Momoshiro Avatar

Momoshiro

Post by Momoshiro on Sept 11, 2021 15:46:37 GMT -5

CLASSES OVERHAUL PATCH!
version 1.8 Release Notes

Okay folks, this time around we have some big changes to the Classes! We've tweaked or fully changed at least one thing about each of the six classes we have in the game! There's really too much to go into detail here so I'll say to go check out the Classes Page in the Handbook to familiarize yourself with the new Perks! If you have a question it will likely already be addressed there. If it isn't, always feel free to ask in the Discord #game_helpdesk channel!

As with all updates and patches, these changes do not affect current threads. This only affects newly created threads going forward.

You are also allotted a free respec each and every patch release.

CLASSES

◼ Most all of the Class Perks have changed in some way. Some are completely replaced, others just tweaked slightly. Check Classes page for details and review old code at the bottom to compare if needed.

◼ Hunter has been renamed Shadow.

ENHANCED BASICS

◼ Enhanced Basics are now tied directly to Classes. Each class gets at least one. This means that you cannot get one outside of the free one that comes with your class. They will no longer be available for upgrade via XP. If you bought one, refund yourself 10 XP.

REISHI COST

◼ The Strike Basic Attack will now cost 2 Reishi to use.

◼ Reishi costs have been reduced across the board for Advanced Techs and Spells, most by at least -5. Check those pages for details.

DAMAGE TIERS

◼ I updated the Damage Tiers to be in increments of 5 now instead of 10. I didn't like the idea that players upgraded their Focus stat and didn't get anything for it (Outside of the Release stat bonuses). For example, going from 30 to 35 wouldn't give you anything at all. You'd have to wait until you upgraded from 35 to 40 before you reached the new tier. If I did the math right, this should be an overall buff for most players too.

Tier 1: d3 (0 Focus)
Tier 2: d4 (10 Focus)
Tier 3: d6 (15 Focus)
Tier 4: d8 (20 Focus)
Tier 5: d10 (25 Focus)
Tier 6: d12 (30 Focus)
Tier 7: d12+1 (35 Focus)
Tier 8: d12+2 (40 Focus)
Tier 9: d12+3 (45 Focus)
Tier 10: d12+4 (50 Focus)
Tier 11: d12+5 (55 Focus)
Tier 12: d12+6 (60 Focus)
Tier 13: d12+7 (65 Focus)
Tier 14: d12+8 (70 Focus)
Tier 15: d12+9 (Only available via Boosts!)
Tier 16: d12+10 (Only available via Boosts!)

For reference, the OLD Classes Page Code is below:

[b][font size="6"]OLD CLASSES[/font][/b]

At character creation you pick a Class for your character. It represents your basic approach to battle. The choice is important because the different Classes come with their own unique special features that help them stand apart.

Once you have completed all of the General Mastery Categories, you can upgrade your starting Class to a [b]Specialized Class[/b]. Upon upgrading, you gain two new perks in addition to the two that come with your starting Class.

[hr]
[div align="center"][PTabbedContent=][PTab=FIGHTER][div align="center"][img style="max-width:100%;" alt=" " src="https://i.imgur.com/FFlcdye.png"][/div]

The Fighter puts emphasis on strength and physical combat. Wielding melee weapons or even just their fists, they excel at fighting enemies in close range combat. There isn’t a problem they’ve encountered that can’t be sliced or smashed to bits.

[font size="3"][div align="center"]CLASS PERKS[/div][/font][quote][font size="3"]FLAWLESS STRIKES[/font]
Each time one of your Strike Basic Attacks hit, increase the Accuracy (by +5) and Damage Tier (by +1) of further Strike Basic Attacks used on subsequent turns. Both bonuses are reduced to +0 on the turn following any attack failing to hit its target.

[font size="3"]INTENSE TRAINING[/font]
You start with the Standard Techs Tsukiyubi, Nadegiri, and Hozuri. They do not take up any Slots.
[/quote]
[div align="center"][PTabbedContent=SPECIALIZED CLASSES]
[PTab=BERSERKER][div align="center"][img alt=" " src="https://i.imgur.com/oOlfEgJ.png" style="max-width:100%;"][/div]

The Berserker is a character who throws himself into a fight with such reckless abandon, it seems like he wants to die. It could be over-enthusiasm, overconfidence, unstoppable rage, or the desire to die (in battle). Whatever the cause, it's usually accompanied by a bellowing warcry.

[font size="3"][div align="center"]CLASS PERKS[/div][/font][quote][font size="3"]HACK AND SLASH[/font]
Whenever you use at least two Standard Actions to attack an opponent, that opponent receives +2 direct damage that bypasses all DR. Increase this value by +1 for each turn that you have used two Standard Actions to attack an opponent. This bonus returns to 0 if you do not attack an opponent on your turn and must be accumulated again.

[font size="3"]SUNDER[/font]
You gain the Keystone Trait Blitz and it does not take up a Trait Slot. It also does not require your Fighting Skill to be 45.[/quote]
[/PTab]
[PTab=MONK][div align="center"][img src="https://i.imgur.com/JPFhKJf.png" alt=" " style="max-width:100%;"][/div]
Through countless battles and extreme discipline, a Monk pursues perfection of their art. They strive to master whichever combat art they pursue, from Zanjutsu to Hakuda. A Monk tends toward light or no armor and prefers agility, cunning, daring and technical skill to sheer force.

[font size="3"][div align="center"]CLASS PERKS[/div][/font][quote][font size="3"]PERFECT FORM[/font]
All of your Basic and Non-Basic Attack Techniques are perfected. Perfected techniques gain +10 Accuracy and +2 Damage Tiers.

[font size="3"]IRON FIST[/font]
As a passive effect, your Strike Basic Attacks roll two sets of damage dice and take the better sets of rolls. Also the same Strike Basic Attacks have a 35% chance to inflict Stun.[/quote]
[/PTab]
[/PTabbedContent][/div]
[/PTab]

[PTab=HUNTER][div align="center"][img alt=" " src="https://i.imgur.com/lOl4MtY.png" style="max-width:100%;"][/div]

Masters of stealth and infiltration, Hunters prefer to attack when their opponent is least aware. They rely on their speed to dodge attacks and slip in and out of the shadows to catch their opponent off guard.

[font size="3"][div align="center"]CLASS PERKS[/div][/font][quote][font size="3"]HONED SENSES[/font]
As a passive effect, depending on the result of the Initiative Roll, either gain +15 Accuracy on winning roll or gain +15 Defense on losing roll. Activates upon result of Initiative Roll. If fighting more than 1 opponent, the results are determined by your initiative being higher or lower than half of your opponents, rounding up.[i] Can be applied on first turn of combat or saved for later use as an at-will action.
[/i]
[font size="3"]SHROUD[/font]
Suppressing to 1 Reiatsu makes you unable to be targeted by non-area attacks for up to 3 turns; you may not attack while this is active. Once per battle only.[/quote]
[PTab=ASSASSIN][div align="center"][img alt=" " src="https://i.imgur.com/dDme7Fh.png" style="max-width:100%;"][/div]

A skilled Assassin is uniquely experienced in the use of stealth to ambush and kill their targets. They harness various techniques and tools to assist them, but none more so than patience, carefully choosing the perfect moment to strike the unaware.

[font size="3"][div align="center"]CLASS PERKS[/div][/font][quote][font size="3"]INFUSED WEAPON[/font]
As a passive effect, your Wound, Burn, and Poison status effects deal +1 status damage per turn. Also when a target is inflicted with said status effects they always receive 2 stacks.

[font size="3"]SNEAK ATTACK[/font]
Twice per battle, you can make a surprise attack as an at-will action. The attack deals 3d4 Direct Damage and has a 35% chance to inflict the Stagger, Stun, and Poison status effects (roll each separately.) [i]The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%.[/i][/quote]
[/PTab]
[PTab=SHARPSHOOTER][div align="center"][img style="max-width:100%;" alt=" " src="https://i.imgur.com/6KjPPiZ.png"][/div][div align="center"]
[/div]
Sharpshooters are skilled experts with many thrown or fired weapons. With meticulous attention to detail, they tend to take a ranged approach to combat, preferring to strike from afar or rain down an assault from above.

[font size="3"][div align="center"]CLASS PERKS[/div][/font][quote][font size="3"]WOUNDING SHOT[/font]
Each of your Basic Attacks have a 35% chance to inflict the special Maimed status effect. Maimed deals 1 status damage for each at-will action your target uses on their following turn. [i]The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%[/i]

[font size="3"]EAGLE EYE[/font]
Twice per battle, as an at-will action two Basic Attacks during your turn have their critical hit range increased by 10. Also, when you score a critical hit, your foe receives two stacks of Cripple and Immobilize.[/quote]
[/PTab]
[/PTabbedContent][/div]
[/PTab]
[PTab=CASTER][div align="center"][img src="https://i.imgur.com/AYQptYk.png" alt=" " style="max-width:100%;"][/div]

A Caster is accomplished in the art of Kido spell forging and spiritual energy manipulation. In the heat of battle, they can keep their wits and wield extraordinary spiritual power effortlessly.

[font size="3"][div align="center"]CLASS PERKS[/div][/font][quote][font size="3"]POTENT[/font]
As a passive effect, your max Reishi is increased by 25. As an at-will action you regain 3 Reishi at the end of your turn.

[font size="3"]VERSATILE[/font]
As an at-will action at the end of your turn choose a defensive or offense boon: For defense add bonus +10 defense and negate -2 dmg from all attacks during your next turn. Or, for offense add a bonus +10 Accuracy and +1 Damage Tier with all attack spells during your next turn.[/quote]
[PTab=MAGUS][div align="center"][img alt=" " src="https://i.imgur.com/S90Wjrg.png" style="max-width:100%;"][/div]

The Magus combines refined spell casting ability and incredible martial prowess into something entirely unique, a discipline in which both spell and fist are used to devastating effect.

[font size="3"][div align="center"]CLASS PERKS[/div][/font][quote][font size="3"]CONDUIT[/font]
Twice per thread, as an at-will action, all successful attack spells you landed on the previous turn restore 3 HP back to you. Also any attacks you avoided successfully will restore 3 Reishi as well.

[font size="3"]RATION[/font]
Once per battle, as a bonus action, for 3 turns, any techniques used by your foe(s) have their total Reishi cost siphoned off. The spent Reishi is then transferred to you. [i]Your opponent does not lose any extra Reishi. Your foe(s) must notate how much Reishi they have spent on powers, each turn, while this is active.[/i][/quote]
[/PTab]
[PTab=HEALER][div align="center"][img src="https://i.imgur.com/t27VkmC.png" alt=" " style="max-width:100%;"][/div][div align="center"]
[/div]
Healers know the tools and spells that can restore vitality, ease pain, anesthetize, and neutralize poisons; and with their skills, they can divine an ally’s state of health or sickness. Yet, at the same time, they are able to wield these same skills offensively with terrifying success.

[font size="3"][div align="center"]CLASS PERKS[/div][/font][quote][font size="3"]TRANSMUTE[/font]
Once per turn, as a Bonus Action, you may remove up to 2 Status Effects from an ally of your choosing and instead apply them to yourself. Transferring Status Effects in this way increases the target ally’s Accuracy with all attacks by +10 (on the following turn) and their Reiatsu Level by +20%. [i]Alternatively, you may take on status effects that would have missed normally in order to gain the accuracy and Reiatsu Level bonus if no ally is present in the battle.[/i]

[font size="3"]REVITALIZE[/font]
Whenever you use a healing technique or spell that recovers HP, you take 50% less damage from all attacks and sources on your next turn. This includes direct and status damage. Three times per thread.[/quote]
[/PTab]
[/PTabbedContent][/div]
[/PTab]
[PTab=COMMANDER][div align="center"][img alt=" " src="https://i.imgur.com/67rtWDA.png" style="max-width:100%;"][/div]

A natural leader, even in the heat of battle, a Commander shows unwavering loyalty and dedication. They are able to support and command their comrades with ease, even against staggering odds.

[font size="3"][div align="center"]CLASS PERKS[/div][/font][quote][font size="3"]ENDURING MORALE[/font]
Reflexes and Resilience are increased by +5 each, but when fighting side-by-side with an ally, Reflexes and Resilience are increased by +15 for yourself and all allies for the remainder of combat. [i]Does not stack with other Commander Class players. These bonus points also bypass the normal level cap of 50.[/i]

[font size="3"]DAUNTLESS[/font]
You start each battle with +15 Armor. Also, as a passive effect you can use the Guard power as an at-will action and can use the Intercept technique an unlimited number of times.[/quote]
[PTab=CONQUEROR][div align="center"][img alt=" " src="https://i.imgur.com/pFayviE.png" style="max-width:100%;"][/div]

You will find no quarter against a Conqueror. They have no interest in anything other than defeating their foes and watching them submit to their will. To this end, they are driven by selfish desires and grow stronger by seeing them fulfilled.  

[font size="3"][div align="center"]CLASS PERKS[/div][/font][quote][font size="3"]ENDEAVOR[/font]
You gain +1 DR against all attacks each time your foe's attacks hit you. Also, this DR may not be bypassed or ignored by attacks unless the opponent targeting you possesses at least Edge 2 vs you. [i]Class Perks are not considered "attacks" for the purposes of this ability.[/i]

[font size="3"]RELINQUISH[/font]
Whenever you sacrifice a Standard Action for a Bonus Action and use Focus Energy with that Bonus Action, the damage of the next Non-Basic Technique is doubled.[/quote]
[/PTab]
[PTab=PROTECTOR][div align="center"][img alt=" " src="https://i.imgur.com/B60GFEm.png" style="max-width:100%;"][/div][div align="center"]
[/div]
A Protector is often regarded as a stoic and vigilant defender. Even in the face of insurmountable odds, they persevere through stubborn determination and pure force of will.

[font size="3"][div align="center"]CLASS PERKS[/div][/font][quote][font size="3"]RESOLUTE[/font]
Whenever you receive damage from an opponent’s attacks, increase your Accuracy modifier (with all attacks) by +20 on the turn you received damage; this may be triggered only once per turn.

[font size="3"]STEADFAST[/font]
If an attack would reduce you to 0 HP (or lower), you are instead reduced to 1 HP and 20 Reishi (even if you had less than 20 Reishi. If you have over 20, you just keep that amount). Once per thread.[/quote]
[/PTab]
[/PTabbedContent][/div]
[/PTab]
[PTab=STRATEGIST][div align="center"][img style="max-width:100%;" alt=" " src="https://i.imgur.com/a03Fe08.png"][/div]

Calm and collected, you can always count on a Strategist to have a plan to tackle even the most difficult problems or enemies. Never one to be predictable, a keen Strategist will always leave you guessing.

[font size="3"][div align="center"]CLASS PERKS[/div][/font][quote][font size="3"]PREPARED[/font]
At the beginning of each thread, you may select up to 3 Standard Techniques or Spells that you know. You may use each of those techniques or spells one additional time during that thread.

[font size="3"]THINK FAST[/font]
Twice per thread, you may use a Standard Defensive Technique or Spell as if it were a Reactive At-Will Action rather than its normal Action type.[/quote]
[PTab=MASTERMIND][div align="center"][img style="max-width:100%;" alt=" " src="https://i.imgur.com/AMntPSt.png"][/div]

A Mastermind’s plans are often intricate and Machiavellian. Their behavior can be described as often ruthless and amoral, but not vindictive as they see revenge as foolish and even tend to try to see the positive side of any defeat.

[font size="3"][div align="center"]CLASS PERKS[/div][/font][quote][font size="3"]PERCEIVE[/font]
Once per thread. As a bonus action, upon witnessing a foe use any non-basic technique or spell, that single technique or spell will not work on you a second time for the remainder of the battle.

[font size="3"]TURN THE TABLES[/font]
Once per thread. As an at-will action, if an opponent would have Edge against you, you may cancel their Edge advantage and use it as your own against them for a duration of 3 turns. [i]In instances of encountering another user with this perk, the two cancel each other out so no one has Edge over the other.[/i][/quote]
[/PTab]
[PTab=SCIENTIST][div align="center"][img style="max-width:100%;" alt=" " src="https://i.imgur.com/LAj2bUv.png"][/div][div align="center"]
[/div]
Whether to improve society or pursue some sort of personal goal, a Scientist relies on ingenuity and cleverness to help them overcome any obstacle. They are never afraid of crossing lines or breaking taboo if it means achieving an innovative discovery.

[font size="3"][div align="center"]CLASS PERKS[/div][/font][quote][font size="3"]DETECTION[/font]
While an opponent is afflicted with a Status Effect caused by you, reduce their Accuracy by -10 and DR by -2; this is cumulative, applying once per unique Status Effect active on that opponent.

[font size="3"]BREAKTHROUGH[/font]
Once an opponent is afflicted with a status effect that you caused, you can make them take the damage (and any effects) of all techs and/or spells that targeted you on their turn, once per thread, as a Reactive At-Will action. No roll necessary. Damage redirected to your foe is considered direct damage. You take no damage or suffer any effects. Activating Breakthrough removes all the Status Effects you are currently suffering from (including those that would last for the duration of the thread).[/quote]
[/PTab]
[/PTabbedContent][/div]
[/PTab]
[PTab=PRODIGY][div align="center"][img src="https://i.imgur.com/goDwMXK.png" alt=" " style="max-width:100%;"][/div]

Where most characters gain great power through training and discipline, a Prodigy is born with immense natural talent and depending on how they hone that skill, they can be a powerful champion of good or a terrifying force of evil.

[font size="3"][div align="center"]CLASS PERKS[/div][/font][quote][font size="3"]GENIUS[/font]
Twice per battle as a Reactive At-Will Action, you may immediately learn a Standard Technique or Spell used by a combatant, either ally or foe. This technique is forgotten at the end of battle; you may not learn Forbidden Techniques or Spells. [i]Techniques and Spells learned do not take up technique slots.[/i]

[font size="3"]ADEPT[/font]
Start with all Enhanced Basic Techniques and Spells and they cost -1 less Reishi to use.[/quote]
[PTab=PARAGON][div align="center"][img alt=" " src="https://i.imgur.com/EPQWVqP.png" style="max-width:100%;"][/div]

Sometimes born into strife, other times thrust into conflict, a Paragon will shine through even the worst circumstances and break through whatever stands in their way. No matter the odds, they never give up and they never back down.

[font size="3"][div align="center"]CLASS PERKS[/div][/font][quote][font size="3"]UNRIVALED[/font]
As a passive effect, your max HP is increased by +15 and also you naturally negate -2 damage from every attack that hits you. If an opponent has Edge over you, that raises the amount of damage you negate by 1 for each Edge level. (Edge 2: -3 Dmg, Edge 3: -4 Dmg, Edge 4: -5 Dmg)

[font size="3"]PROWESS[/font]
You may now activate “Genius” four times per battle. Additionally, you may now learn Forbidden Spells and Techniques. You may not learn Release Techniques. All learned techniques and spells are forgotten at the end of Battle. [i]Techniques and Spells learned do not take up technique slots.[/i][/quote]
[/PTab]
[PTab=TITAN][div align="center"][img alt=" " src="https://i.imgur.com/3g8gq8j.png" style="max-width:100%;"][/div][div align="center"]
[/div]
A maelstrom. A pure force of nature. That is what it means to be a Titan. You can no more fight against them than you can defeat a hurricane. The best you can hope for is to weather the storm and come out stronger for it.

[font size="3"][div align="center"]CLASS PERKS[/div][/font][quote][font size="3"]LEGENDARY[/font]
The standard Reishi cap is lifted. You may now gain an unlimited amount of Reishi. Also, you gain +3 Reishi at the end of each turn. Additionally, your release’s RL multipliers are increased to: 1st- 4x Natural, 2nd- 8x Natural, Final- 12x Natural.

[font size="3"]UNSTOPPABLE[/font]
Immune to the effects of the following Class Perks: Ration and Turn the Tables. Additionally, on a turn in which you use Invigorate, your Techs/Spells ignore 3 of their target’s DR; increase the amount of DR ignored by +3 per opponent in your current thread beyond the first. (3 DR ignored 1v1, 6 DR ignored 1v2, 9 DR ignored 1v3, etc)[/quote]
[/PTab]
[/PTabbedContent][/div]
[/PTab]
[/PTabbedContent][/div]
Last Edit: Sept 13, 2021 17:13:44 GMT -5 by Momoshiro