Dark Clouds Approaching

PLAYER

12th Division - 5th Seat

I have nothing to say.

tensai toshiaki Avatar

tensai toshiaki

Post by tensai toshiaki on Feb 4, 2022 1:19:40 GMT -5

12th Division Barracks, Tensai's House and Lab

Finally he seems to have gone through a breakthrough on studying the Bakkōtō cores, that may give a clue as to not only who created them, but also the whereabouts of where these people are hiding or at least getting the ingredients they need to make Bakkōtō. However, there is one person he is waiting on in particular. The person who he divulged the possibility of a traitor within their ranks and have discovered the horror of Bakkōtō with him. That person is Muimina Hyakuji of the First Division. Someone of his skill would prove infallible in bringing this conspiracy down.

After putting the finishing touches on his slideshow presentation, he then goes to one of his many lab rats. He uses his Shikai to inject it with something before giving him a sample of Muimina's hair for it to smell. Don't ask how he managed to obtain it, not all knowledge is good knowledge. He then wrapped a message around the lab rat's ankle telling Muimina to meet him here at his home. Before he walks out of his secret lab's entrance and releases the rat outside. As it makes a sprint towards the source of the scent it caught from Muimina's hair sample.

Because of Tensai's Shikai  the rat was abnormally fast, running through Sereitei without being spotted. And those who get a glimpse of it will only see a blur. And it's senses have been increased more than that of a normal rat so that it can pinpoint exactly Muimina's location.

Player

I have nothing to say.

Cole Avatar

Cole

Post by Cole on Feb 5, 2022 9:58:27 GMT -5

Cole was meditating in the empty courtyard somewhere in seireitei, the spirit of his blade babbling nonsense in the back of his head.

It hadn't started empty, but the man's unsettling reiatsu tended make other unseated Shinigami think up a reason they wanted to be somewhere else.  Most were too polite to say something, but at this point, Cole knew it was him.  The newest unseated member of 5th Division hadn't made many friends among his academy class; it seemed many of his classmates couldn't really bear to be around him any longer than was strictly required.  The only folks that would even be willing to work with him for group projects were either so blind to reiatsu they didn't feel anything strange or so desperate for good marks that they'd put up with it for as long as they could.

Not that he could blame him, one of these teammates had put it into words; most Shinigami felt reinforced in the reiatsu of their compatriots.  His presence felt like the opposite.  It made sense, when they practiced flaring their reiatsu, they all lit up in bonfires of various colors, shades, and shapes.  When he flared, it was the opposite; it sucked in the light, dimming the area around him.  Keeping his eyes closed, and focusing on his own reishi, Cole attempted to flare his reishi again.

His eyes shot open at a small panicked squeak, and saw that he had apparently whammied a rat with his strange flare, temporarily draining the poor thing.  Wait.  He had never seen a rat in seireitei.  He stood up and walked over to the creature, and found it was still breathing, but unconscious.  That's when he noticed the message on its leg.

A message that appeared to be addressed to the freaking Vice Captain of First Squad.  "Shit."  He said to no one in particular, and picked up the small furry mailman.  The new Shinigami probably could have just left the rat there and it would have recovered in a few minutes, but anything going to Vice Captain Muimina was probably somewhat urgent.  He didn't want potential blood on his hands from a delay, and shirking responsibility wasn't his style.  He flash stepped to the rooftop and began rushing towards first division, the most likely location to find the Vice Captain of said division.

The light was on in the man's office, and he knocked on the door, prepared to give a formal Japanese bow along with his apology, "My deepest apologies, Vice Captain Muimina; I inadvertently intercepted a message meant for you."  Eyes still down at the floor, Cole would reach into his robe and pull out an unconscious rat with a message tied to its leg.  "I brought it straight here, and I did not read the contents.  Please accept my apology."

Last Edit: Feb 5, 2022 16:37:42 GMT -5 by Cole

GAME MASTER

13th Division Captain

Partake the cup of my wrath

Muimina Hyakuji Avatar

Muimina Hyakuji

Post by Muimina Hyakuji on Feb 6, 2022 13:50:38 GMT -5

無意味な 百事
護廷十三隊 - 1st DIVISION

𝖳𝖠𝖦𝖲:

The sun was beginning to set at that time, the red orange hues mixed with purplish skies were visible from the Vice Captain’s window.

Hyakuji stretched his limbs, resting his back on the chair as he finished the piles of reports that needed auditing from the different divisions. It was his normal work routine aside from monitoring spiritual activities in the realm of the living, watching out for potential demonic threats and other possible dangers that the holder of the shard may encounter.

It was a very tiring day, but he was already used to it. Letting out a deep sigh, his gaze shifted to the windows overlooking the peaceful city of Seireitei, with the sunset painting a flaming vermillion over the purplish canvas.

For a moment, he wondered what peace would look like; when he finally achieved the utopia where everyone can be free, where there’s no hate nor suffering… when wars against races were no longer necessary, where no one can be judged for whoever they chose to love… Where he could spend the rest of his days with his beloved without fearing for her safety or their future children…

The blissful trip to his fantasies came to a halt when he heard a knock on the door. Normally, the people in his division would enter after they did, but this one stayed there for a while until he instructed the person to come in.

A man with a brown unkempt hair walked into his presence in deep apology; Hyakuji tilted his head a bit, uncertain why the shinigami was suddenly apologetic when he had not done anything yet. Certainly, he was not from the First Division, so he was unsure what exactly was the problem…

Until the shinigami brought out from his pocket an unconscious lab rat tagged with a message on its leg. Still, confused at what was going on, he didn’t take the small creature from his hand, rather asked instead,

“And you are?” The Vice Captain noticed a different reiatsu from him, but he was not bothered in the least. If anything, he was curious, and would have wanted to know more about it, however, it seemed now was not the time since he was trying to communicate about some important matters.

He took the rat from his hand and read the message; apparently it was from the 12th Division officer, Tensai Toshiaki who was with him during their investigation on their missing comrades, which turned out to be related to the experimentation on bakkoto. It was also that time when the researcher revealed his feeling that there was a traitor among their ranks and now, calling for a follow-up rendezvous regarding the matter.

“Don’t worry about it,” he answered to relieve the man’s worry about reading the message’s content, “At least the message still arrived. Thank you,” the Vice Captain let out a soft chuckle as he prepared to leave, stacking the few papers he just checked over to the rest of the finished documents.

“I’m already about to head out, so I’m afraid I won't be able to entertain any other concerns you might have.. Hmm… but perhaps, we can talk about it along the way if you like…”

[545]

Shadows still hunt us in broad daylight.

PLAYER

12th Division - 5th Seat

I have nothing to say.

tensai toshiaki Avatar

tensai toshiaki

Post by tensai toshiaki on Feb 8, 2022 17:59:16 GMT -5

In front of his home, in a little outlet close to nature and power by hydroelectricity. He paced back and forth impatiently. Checking the time on his Denreishinki. Even trying, to play one of the puzzle game apps on it to try to calm his nerves. His calculations said that Muimina should be here by now, especially if his prized lab rat Tesso got to him at the time he predicted.

"Damn it what if Tesso got distracted along the way by some food source, I already fed him before setting him off though to prevent that. Or maybe one of the traitor's spies managed to find him already, oh this does not bode well. If they realize we are on to them then they'll be possibly plotting to take us out. I should be prepared to defend myself. Now Tensai don't jump to conclusions so early there are many different factors that could have happened that would have impeded your message's progress the best you can do is wait," Tensai thought.

He could just text or call Muimina himself with his Denreishinki, but he is worried using that method of communication might alert the splinter cell of there being two Shinigami on their tail. He has no idea how deep this rogue faction goes or how many there are in number. All they have going is a vague idea of what they are doing with the sabotage of preventing important info about the Demons and Hell to get to the Gotei 13 captains and them allying with banished and rogue Shinigami from the World of Living and arming them with strange weapons called Bakkoto to replace their confiscated Zanpakuto.

He has a few theories, but of course better to wait to divulge that info with Muimina.

Tags: ,
Last Edit: Feb 8, 2022 17:59:43 GMT -5 by tensai toshiaki

Player

I have nothing to say.

Cole Avatar

Cole

Post by Cole on Feb 9, 2022 8:22:51 GMT -5

Cole stood back up after the Vice Captain took the rat, and gave a small nod of his head, "Cole Alexander, 5th Division unseated, sir."

Vice Captain Muimina had a lot of stories floating around him, and Cole had no idea how many were true and how many were exaggerations. Some were verified facts, the man completed the academy in record time, even making Cole's two years seem lengthy, and his meteoric rise through the ranks to Vice Captain was the stuff of legends. There were rumblings that he was already on the short list to be the next Captain, leapfrogging the dozen other Vice Captains that had seniority. And the feats they told of him in combat prowess; single handedly stopping an invasion from hell, storming the Quincy realm to avenge a fallen comrade, or that his bankai could destroy an area the size of Rhode Island. But more than that, there was also the general consensus that he was a good man.

The fresh academy graduate was waiting to be dismissed when the Vice Captain invited him to walk with him to whatever meeting the message had been about.  He didn't seem to be rushing, so it seemed like there was no danger he was running towards.  Cole hesitated for just a second, there was another rumor about the Vice Captain, that he swept along other Shinigami in his wake.  Not necessarily in a bad way, mind; but there was the implication that if you got to know the Vice Captain, your afterlife got a hell of a lot more interesting.  

Cole liked interesting, so he fell in behind the younger-looking-but-older Shinigami, "Yes sir, Vice Captain Muimina.  If you will forgive the curiosity, which eccentric Shinigami opted for a rat over an e-mail?"

Last Edit: Feb 9, 2022 8:23:05 GMT -5 by Cole

GAME MASTER

13th Division Captain

Muimina Hyakuji Avatar

Muimina Hyakuji

Post by Muimina Hyakuji on Feb 10, 2022 11:18:00 GMT -5

無意味な 百事
護廷十三隊 - 1st DIVISION

𝖳𝖠𝖦𝖲:

“A pleasure to meet your acquaintance, Alexander-san,” It was out of habit that he addressed his comrades by their last names, being a native Japanese as he was, it was only natural to keep the honorifics no matter the previous lives of his fellow death gods. This man certainly came from the West, be it the United States or United Kingdom, he could only guess.

“From the 5th Division, you say?” He repeated, remembering Asuka, the younger sister to the Kanemi, a minor noble house that adopted him. Since he went back from his vacation in Hawaii, his visits to the mansion became rather less frequent, and even then had not met with the 5th Division Third Seat since their last mission together. Everything just went really fast. And he wondered how Asuka was doing.

There was a brief silence for a moment; only their footsteps made a sound as the pair continued strolling down the main hall, then finally, Hyakuji blurted out “...have you met with the Third Seat? Kanemi Asuka-san?”

He stopped at the intersection where the main hall separated into two corridors, the right and left wing leading to other offices within the 1st Division headquarters; the other side of the passageway would lead to the entrance/exit of the building. Hyakuji shifted his gaze to his left and right, on the lookout for the distractions that might come their way.

Thankfully, it was rather quiet today, and it looked like no one’s going to chase him this time. He sighed in relief. What a nice change of pace then.

However…

In a blink of an eye, they would find themselves already running outside the streets of Seireitei. The Vice Captain was not looking back and he expected that the 5th Division shinigami was following after him.

In all fairness, not all women were that crazy about him, there were just those ladies who formed themselves into his fans club, who could get pretty aggressive most of the time. Other than them, everyone seemed calm and collected whenever they talked or engaged with him, though it would still be obvious that they were mesmerized, one way or another.

It was the least thing he could be proud of; especially now that he was in a relationship. Yet, it was of course beyond his control, he could only wish for these women to stop but they just never did. And so, whoever had the bad luck accompanying him had to suffer the same predicament, running away from this aggressive fans club.

The question about who sent the rat to give him the message flew out of his mind for a brief second as he remained focused on the road; he did not plan to tag the recently graduated shinigami, especially that their agendum was confidential yet it was already too late to dismiss him as he followed him wherever he was supposed to go.

“Well, he did,” Hyakuji pointed to the green-haired death god waiting anxiously in front of his home.

“Konbanwa, Toshiaki-san. Sorry for being late. We’ve run into uh… unnecessary encounters along the way.”

[520]

PLAYER

12th Division - 5th Seat

I have nothing to say.

tensai toshiaki Avatar

tensai toshiaki

Post by tensai toshiaki on Feb 10, 2022 13:14:16 GMT -5

Tensai then stopped to see Muimina arrive, though with someone else besides him. Something was a bit off about his literal aura though. From the way he looked, he looks similar to Cole of the 5th Division. A man whose Zanpakuto instantly bonded with him the moment he received his. Now Zanpakuto's study is not his field of research but he always makes sure he's in the news about the latest big discoveries. Still though, not sure if he can be trusted.

"And to you as well Muimina Hyakuji, glad to hear you have been promoted to Vice-Captain of the First Division. I am aiming for a similar promotion for my division someday. And Cole I have heard a very interesting story about you," Tensai said.

As he lets them inside he then looks around the two of them.

"By the way sorry that I had to use unorthodox and analog means of contacting you but, you did bring that rat back with you right. Tesso is his name and he's one of my many lab rats so I hoped that you would bring him back as well,"
Tensai said.

He then takes off his shoes and leaves them outside before letting them all enter into his home and Muimina and Cole would see he has a lot of modern-day appliances such as a TV and videogames, furniture, and amenities normally found in the World of the Living that appears to be running on the hydroelectric generator near the house. He then gets close to Muimina by putting a hand on his shoulder making sure he's away from Cole and not within earshot.

"While I appreciate you being here I am not sure I can trust Cole's loyalty or divulging such sensitive information with him around. Too many variables in place. So follow my lead and we can pretend I invited you here for a more mundane secretive reason," he whispered to Muimina.

Player

I have nothing to say.

Cole Avatar

Cole

Post by Cole on Feb 11, 2022 20:59:01 GMT -5

Cole shook his head as they left first division, "No, sir, I've heard a bit about her, but I haven't personally met her."

They walked for a few moments, Cole letting the Vice Captain dally in remembrances of old comrades.  He seemed on edge; like he was waiting for someone to jump out and attack him at any minute.  Then the Vice Captain began to book it, Cole glanced backwards to see a woman pointing at the man and shouting to someone behind them.  Unsure what to do, Cole ran with him, and found himself face to face with the fifth seat of the science division.

The rookie bowed to the green-haired man, "Fifth Seat Tensai; there have been no particular developments with my Zanpakuto, its name still evades me." Said zanpakuto was back to quietly mumbling in the back of his head. "I apologize for intercepting your message, Tesso should be fine though; he happened to run through while I was practicing and got whammied by my reiatsu flare."

He pretended to be interested in the modern day appliances; stuff that wouldn't have even been current when he died two years ago, but was basically high-tech for Soul Society.  There was no reason to intrude on conversation of the two officers.  Surely they would just dismiss him, right?

GAME MASTER

13th Division Captain

Muimina Hyakuji Avatar

Muimina Hyakuji

Post by Muimina Hyakuji on Feb 15, 2022 12:51:30 GMT -5

無意味な 百事
護廷十三隊 - 1st DIVISION

𝖳𝖠𝖦𝖲:

It was the first time he had been to Tensai’s home. Thankfully, the 12th Division Researcher put instructions on where to find him. Being familiar with the streets of Seireitei, it was almost out of instinct that Hyakuji made his way into it as he ran away from the crazy fans club; and just as he expected, the new shinigami followed after him.

After paying respects to their host, the newly arrived death gods were invited inside. The interior was akin to a modern Japanese house, with all the modern appliances and video games the green-haired nerd was able to acquire somehow. It was not new to Hyakuji since he once lived his life as a human, and he also had some collections of games during his childhood which he did not particularly enjoy. It served more of an escape from his unexplainable depression during those times despite having a nearly perfect family.

Recently, Rekka was shoving anime culture into his throat so there’s also that. From what he could observe of Tensai’s home, he recognized he’d go along well with the said teenage-looking death god.

As he continued to wander around, Tensai asked about his pet Tesso, which Hyakuji then gave to him while the 5th division officer filled in the details of how he was caught in this entanglement.Then, the blue-eyed reaper was pulled away to talk in private right after. Cole was left to himself, as Hyakuji glanced briefly to his direction again before listening to what the 12th Squad officer had to say.

Of course, the Vice-Captain figured Tensai would not approve of Cole’s appearance, but even he was left with no choice when he thought the man had something to report or anything. Thus, he responded:

“Yeah.. I apologize for that. I just thought he had some business with me so I entertained him, but it looks like I just dragged him when I was about to head out the office. Well, I don’t sense any ill intent on his part. But if you already encountered him and were suspicious of him, then I have to go along with you, I guess. Just… don’t make an obvious lie, Toshiaki-san.”

[372]

PLAYER

12th Division - 5th Seat

I have nothing to say.

tensai toshiaki Avatar

tensai toshiaki

Post by tensai toshiaki on Feb 15, 2022 17:23:04 GMT -5

As Tensai was inquiring about his rat who apparently got hit by spiritual pressure that was too much for him. Muimina was able to show Tensai his lab rat is fine. Albeit very startled because of recent events.

Tensai then proceeded to gently pick up Tesso and gently stroke him to calm him down, before putting him back in a small portable rat cage that was themed around a tiny house from the Edo period.

"Tesso may be one of my many lab rats but I assure you I never give them experiments that would endanger their lives or harm them. I make sure to treat them as they would want to treated." Tensai said.

As Muimina agreed to go along with his plan he then spoke to Cole.

"I suppose since you're here you must know that me and Muimina have become acquaintances recently after working together to fight off against the recent Demon incursion. And recently we learned that he and I share a fondness for human media, I actually wanted to start a club for such an interest but I couldn't find enough people interested to form one sadly. So me and Muimina started our only little secret club of sorts. I am sorry that you had to be dragged into this but you don't have to stay if you don't want to," Tensai said.

He didn't actually know about Muimina's past, but he did notice how he seemed to recognize a lot of the items in his home so he must have some form of familiarity. Though it's not a total lie either since Tensai did try to form such a club and does have interest in various media from the World of the Living. From movies and games to manga and anime. Hopefully though his ruse would work and they can get to more important matters. That is unless Cole is interested too and he wants to stay to join this "secret club".

Though honestly Tensai wouldn't mind so much the latter because then he would finally have people to talk about his interests to.

Player

I have nothing to say.

Cole Avatar

Cole

Post by Cole on Feb 15, 2022 18:50:34 GMT -5

Cole hesitated, the excuse didn't really add up; why send a rat, no matter how cute, for an invite to a club about human media?  Wouldn't it have more fit the theme to send an e-mail or text message?  Was there something contraband about modern media that he wasn't aware of?  Most media and technology he had seen in soul society was still a decade or so old at best; was there an embargo of some sort and the pair of officers had resorted to smuggling new things in here and there?

He scratched the back of his head, somewhat nervously.  The anxious voices bubbling up from his Zanpakuto weren't helping, "I uh..." The rookie Shinigami glanced around nervously, this probably wasn't some elaborate trap for him, right?  Sure, most people didn't talk about their lives in the mortal world, if they even remembered it, but it wasn't like it was forbidden.  "I actually only died a little over two years ago.  If you guys really have a way to get current tech and media, I'm in.  At this point I had assumed I'd never see the final season of The Bad Place.  It had quite an interesting view on morality and the afterlife, though obviously incor--"

Cole cut himself off, he was getting a little ahead of himself.  It was entirely possible that Tensai's statement really was just a ruse to get him to leave.  It's not like the fact that he was so recently dead was widely known, and most Shinigami probably didn't care that much about modern media.  There definitely seemed to be some entrenched traditions in the Gotei 13, and computers and television were both fairly new.

Last Edit: Feb 15, 2022 18:53:25 GMT -5 by Cole

GAME MASTER

13th Division Captain

Muimina Hyakuji Avatar

Muimina Hyakuji

Post by Muimina Hyakuji on Feb 18, 2022 9:12:15 GMT -5

無意味な 百事
護廷十三隊 - 1st DIVISION

𝖳𝖠𝖦𝖲:

A… what? Didn’t he just tell Tensai to not make an obvious lie? If that wasn’t ridiculous enough. Rekka had not even been successful netting him into his weird anime culture stuff… what more this… secret club…

Well, it would be more of a pain if he busted down Tensai’s excuse so he just went along with it…

“Oh, y-yeah… That’s the idea… Thanks to Toshiaki-san, I’ve rekindled my interest in human entertainment. I haven’t been caught up with ‘Church of Sinners’ until lately…” he said in a light chuckle. Of course, it was far from the truth. He never enjoyed any form of media during childhood, and Church of Sinners was the only series of animated movies he saw in his entire human life. Perhaps, somehow, because he could identify with the protagonist, belonging to a happy family, yet living in solitude. Thirty five years later, he still had not seen the last two installations of the film.

Surprisingly, the newly graduated shinigami seemed to believe it. His enthusiasm was pretty much obvious with the way he talked about this particular series called “The Bad Place” which of course, was foreign to the Vice-Captain.

Well, looks like the genius’ plan wouldn’t work out as they hoped for.

But maybe…

“Well, welcome to the club, Alexander-san,” he greeted right after Cole stopped to even realize what the excuse actually meant.

“Uh… you wanted to talk about the traitor, right? In that new series… what’s the title again?”

Was it even right to conceal their topic under the guise of a series? Perhaps, even prodigies can be caught unprepared that they had to resort to dumb excuses sometimes.

[285]
Last Edit: Feb 18, 2022 9:13:18 GMT -5 by Muimina Hyakuji

PLAYER

12th Division - 5th Seat

I have nothing to say.

tensai toshiaki Avatar

tensai toshiaki

Post by tensai toshiaki on Feb 18, 2022 20:27:12 GMT -5

Tensai smirked upon hearing Cole's response.

"I am more of a fan of Japanese media since that is my place of origin from when I was mortal at a young age but I never had the chance to experience anything. So I have never heard of this "Bad Place" show but I am willing to give it a chance if you also want to give Professor Ice a chance as well." Tensai said.

It seemed that Muimina was not as enthused as he and Cole are about Earth media unfortunately even if he also remembers his previous life somewhat. How unfortunate and he was hoping to actually get him to be a member of his hobby club as well. Though business must come before pleasure especially since Muimina is hinting that they should discuss what he came for.

"Ah ah don't say anymore, we wouldn't want to spoil our new member in case he wants to see it. Cole how about you sit on the futon and relax for a bit while I and Muimina discuss this in private. You can try to find and catch up on that show you talked about while you're at it," Tensai said.

He then dragged Muimina to his room, locking it to make sure Cole doesn't walk in. Tensai's bedroom seemed to be pretty normal aside from the fancy telescope that Tensai uses to observe the stars of Soul Society at night and of course a few posters of scientists that served as inspirations to Tensai some of which he even had autographed by the souls of those people. He then goes to a Go board table that already has some pieces set up. He then moves the piece in a specific order/arrangement as one would do in following the rules of the game. Until a secret door opens in one of the walls. As Tensai beckons Muimina to follow him down the stairs.

"Let this be a lesson to always be prepared for every possibility, for instance, if you can't use one entrance into your secret lab, build as many secret entrances you can." Tensai said.

Tensai's secret lab has a lot of different instruments Muimina wouldn't understand along with the usual chemistry beakers and what not. Though he would notice the painting of 12th Division Captain Daisho hanging up on the wall. In the middle of the room, a projector screen was set up in front of a projector.

"It's a shame you were in such a hurry to get this discussion over with I was hoping for us to actually partake in a few discussions before he had to leave and we could then discuss what I asked you to come for. Though I guess it seems I didn't know Cole well enough to expect him to be interested or that you wouldn't be interested. Also, "That traitor from that new series?", I wouldn't be surprised if he is suspicious already. Hopefully, my excuse was able to save it, maybe if we're lucky he would be too busy using my TV to catch up on that show he missed out on so we might have a while before he decides to check up on us," Tensai said.

He then starts preparing the presentation for the slideshow presentation he wants to show to Muimina.

Player

I have nothing to say.

Cole Avatar

Cole

Post by Cole on Feb 20, 2022 18:27:54 GMT -5

Cole was looking at the setup when the Vice Captain not-so-subtly informed the other Shinigami that he wanted to discuss a traitor.  It was good he wasn't facing them, because his eye roll would have made it obvious he didn't buy that deception for a second.  The secrecy and the use of Tesso made a lot more sense if they were worried about a traitor.  He gave a vague nod as the two left into a separate area, leaving the rookie alone.  Angry whispers began overlapping in the back of his head, echoing up from his Zanpakuto.  Cole grabbed a notepad lying on a nearby table and began writing a note.

I am not an idiot, if you need to discuss a sensitive or classified topic, just dismiss me. If the club was not just a quickly concocted lie, we can discuss it when you are not busy with more important matters.
-Dr. Alexander

It was a bit aggressive, and if they weren't having a meeting that they obviously wanted to keep secret, he would likely be written up for insubordination.  That being said, he hoped the club was true; perhaps one of the reasons most people did not retain their memories is because it made it harder to acclimate to the afterlife.  Maybe keeping media so far behind the modern world prevented people trying to return to their old lives.  Cole didn't really want to leave that connection behind forever.  He glanced back at the rack of DvDs and grabbed one off the shelf, adding a small addendum to his note.

P.S. I've borrowed Professor Ice Season 1.

With that, Cole turned and left the home of the green haired Shinigami.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cole - Exit Thread
Total Cole Posts: 5

Last Edit: Feb 20, 2022 18:29:25 GMT -5 by Cole

GAME MASTER

13th Division Captain

Muimina Hyakuji Avatar

Muimina Hyakuji

Post by Muimina Hyakuji on Feb 21, 2022 12:17:31 GMT -5

無意味な 百事
護廷十三隊 - 1st DIVISION

𝖳𝖠𝖦𝖲:

Tensai eventually led the Vice-Captain to his room. As awkward as it was, there was nothing he could do about it, as the man eagerly wanted to talk about his recent findings. He could only feel sorry for the recently graduated shinigami, though, he assumed he wouldn't be easily fooled by such lame excuses.

“Well, if there’s anything I’m thoroughly bad at, it’s lying. Toshiaki-san…” the Vice-Captain said in rebuttal. In the many times he was forced to lie, nothing seemed convincing even to himself. It was something he was proud of when he confessed to Yukari, but it was also the thing that embarrassed him in front of the Captain Commander when he gave the shard to the fullbringer.

The two then went downstairs to some secret basement the researcher had built for himself. There were different apparatus for some experiments, some were quite familiar to him since he was a researcher back in his old life.

Sitting on one of the stools in the lab, he watched his host prepare his presentation. After quite a while, he noticed the spiritual reiatsu of the 5th Division unseated officer diminishing, thus he spoke.

"Toshiaki-san, it seems Alexander-san already left. Though, I really feel bad that we had to lie about this club even though I am really not into modern media. Perhaps we can keep it in consideration for this man? He seemed enthusiastic about it. I also know Hageshi-san is into human culture. I believe he will be interested.”

Well, who would have thought that the ever-serious Vice-Captain would barely knew about socializing, would actually come up with such an idea?

[275]