Bleach Hereafter RPG

Dark Clouds Approaching

PLAYER

12th Division - 5th Seat

I have nothing to say.

tensai toshiaki Avatar

tensai toshiaki

Post by tensai toshiaki on Feb 21, 2022 18:31:38 GMT -5

"Well to be fair we haven't gotten the chance to be acquainted enough for me to know that about you, though on the bright side since Cole has died so recently that perhaps rules him out as one of the traitors as whoever is a part of this conspiracy must have been working on this for a while, as something like the Bakkoto would take years to develop, so I highly doubt he's a part of this splinter cell," Tensai said.

Tensai was saddened to hear that Cole left, probably because he caught on and felt like a third wheel, though at the very least Muimina also mentioned another person who would be interested.

"Considering that modern media club was a half-lie I am saddened too, thanks for letting me know about this Hageshi though I'll try to find them and also meet with Cole again. Hopefully, he doesn't spread any rumors about there being a traitor and cause unnecessary panic and or distrust," Tensai said.

He then started up the project as he pushed a button and showed a picture of the Sinner he had interrogated before the Demon invasion, along with one of the Sinner Yoshinori interrogated.

"As we both know these Sinners, Taisho and Meiji, were captured and brought to Soul Society, though it ended up allowing Hell Gates to open for the Demons to invade us, I interrogated Meiji and got a lot of information out of this one by verbally and physically. Even telling me about the Demon's caste system and the existence of them as well as their grudge against us but not why. Yet that is when the captain commander himself told the other captains and us more about the Demons, though most of what he said I already knew and sent a report on. Yet they acted like I didn't know anything about them and no one was prepared for the Demon invasion. That was when we first got suspicious of the possible existence of the traitor," Tensai said.

He then switched to the next slide to show various photos of the Bakkoto core and notes from the experiments and tests he put on them.

"With the recent incident of banished Shinigami being given some new type of weapon similar to Zanpakuto to replace their confiscated ones, yet we do not know who armed them with such weapons all we do know is the person came to them in disguise. I heavily doubt it Tsuguru Daisho, his mask and appearance are too iconic to be unrecognizable. Also, he wouldn't jeopardize his already position as Captain to freely experiment and research at his leisure, nor would anyone else from the 12th Division as we have our projects monitored so that if one experiment is regarded as too reckless is it immediately shut down and there is no data on anything like what the Bakkoto are. I have been trying to figure out what they are exactly and have developed a few theories on it," Tensai said.

Tag:

GAME MASTER

13th Division Captain

Partake the cup of my wrath

Muimina Hyakuji Avatar

Muimina Hyakuji

Post by Muimina Hyakuji on Mar 21, 2022 12:28:38 GMT -5

無意味な 百事
護廷十三隊 - 1st DIVISION

𝖳𝖠𝖦𝖲:

In some instances, he allowed his eyes to wander further in the laboratory while the other shinigami continued to speak. Tensai pointed out that they still barely knew each other, that he didn’t know if the Vice-Captain truly had fascination with human media, and later pointed out that Cole could be eliminated in their list of suspected traitors within the Gotenjusantai.

Hyakuji was unsure about letting the 12th Division shinigami know that he was also given a special task by the Captain Commander to track them down. After all, it was a secret mission; and he promised the old man never to disclose it to anyone. Perhaps he could just tag along with the green haired shinigami with his investigation, and use the information for himself. Not that he didn’t trust Tensai. If anything, the man seemed to be brutally honest about everything.

Well, except for lying about their real agenda for today.

The Vice Captain shifted his focus to the presentation, catching a glimpse of some of the slides before the actual presentation appeared. The prodigy researcher started talking about the demons first, how the report he sent didn’t get to the Captains of each squad.

“Yeah… it was strange. The report and capture of the sinners were documented. However, any follow-up information extracted during their imprisonment, as you said, was not reported back…”Hyakuji recalled. He was sure he read about the sinners; and he was aware of their capture as well. However, anything about the demons was only revealed to him during his own personal encounters with them.

After hearing the First Division shinigami’s defense, Tensai then continued with the other slides, showing some photos of the strange weapons they saw during their mission in the realm of the living together, where they had collected water samples from the healing bath house.

“Right. I remember, Shirogane-san called those weapons bakkoto..” the long-maned death god paused briefly, “...someone gave it to them… but why? And what happened to their zanpakuto? Do you have any hypothesis regarding this? Toshiaki-san?”

His search for the traitor had been fruitless so far… Certainly, there was something suspicious currently at work within the organisation. Yet, like a puzzle, whatever evidence seemed to be scattered all over the place; and they had yet to collate them and piece them together in order to solve this mystery.

[396]

Shadows still hunt us in broad daylight.

PLAYER

12th Division - 5th Seat

I have nothing to say.

tensai toshiaki Avatar

tensai toshiaki

Post by tensai toshiaki on Mar 21, 2022 22:01:16 GMT -5

"Well as to what happened to their Zanpakuto the answer is obviously that being banished/exiled Shinigami who were relieved from duty their Zanpakuto was confiscated, possibly passed down to someone else. That must also be why Shirogane was able to resonate with that Zanpakuto and was able to use its Shikai cause it used to be his. So this Bakkoto were given as substitutes for Zanpakuto but there seems to be more to them from my research," Tensai said.

He then pressed a button changing to a slide showing various parasitic animals, from leeches to ticks and other creatures.

"As you know most animals don't have an attachment to the World of the Living so their soul automatically goes to Soul Society and doesn't become a Plus. Parasites are no exception though they seem to primarily be in the wilderness far out in the Rukongai. Where there is no semblance of civilization created and it's just sprawling forests. My theory is that either some parasites have adapted to siphoning spiritual energy from Souls and have evolved into new subspecies or someone has been taking the souls of these parasites and altering them. I even found evidence of this as the Bakkoto core does seem to have similar DNA structures to the parasites shown on this slide." Tensai said.

The slide then shows a map of Rukongai surrounding Sereitei. As Tensai then points out to areas on the map that were marked.

"These areas seem the likeliest for the parasites to thrive so I will be making an investigation though you have a different one. Tensai said.

The slide then changes to focusing on Sereitei and the areas of the 12th Division and the 2nd Division where Yoshinori used to be in during the time of the interrogations and the reports being sent out. Which of course was noted on the slide.

"You are one of the two Vice Captains of the 1rst Division. You most likely have certain benefits that I don't. If you can find out where the reports last were before being disappearing or wherever they were being sent to perhaps we are closer to finding out how some traitors got access to them as well as what Division has traitors in it, And if you are able to try to see if you can access the database to gather any info on various Shinigami to try to determine if any would have a motive to do this," Tensai explained.

Tag:

GAME MASTER

13th Division Captain

Muimina Hyakuji Avatar

Muimina Hyakuji

Post by Muimina Hyakuji on Apr 17, 2022 22:13:41 GMT -5

無意味な 百事
護廷十三隊 - 1st DIVISION

𝖳𝖠𝖦𝖲:

The parasites thriving in the wilderness of Rukongai… of course. And it was indeed possible that these organisms have adapted to its environment. Since there was no flesh to eat or to leech onto in the spiritual realm, it only made sense that they would feed on spiritual energy instead. Whoever managed to come up with this, however, still remained a mystery. Even more so, whether they were still in Soul Society or had already been banished was another puzzle to be solved.

Tensai tasked the Vice-Captain to look out for documents, more specifically, reports on the hell invasion, the presence of sinners that tormented Tokyo. The green haired scientist mentioned that they did further investigation on the captured sinner, and that they made an official report. Surprisingly, it didn't get to the First Division, for whatever reason. Perhaps, the traitor had anything to do with it. He can only speculate, but since Tensai is here, he can just ask, thus he did.

“I'll see what I can do, Toshiaki-san. If the reports never got through to me, then they must have been withheld somewhere else. Can you tell me when did you send it? Did you deliver them personally? Or you sent them via courier? Who was with you writing the reports? And during the interrogation? Perhaps there was someone spying on your movements. I do not wish to speculate, but that is the only thing I can think of right now."

[243]
Last Edit: Jul 30, 2022 19:21:22 GMT -5 by Muimina Hyakuji

PLAYER

12th Division - 5th Seat

I have nothing to say.

tensai toshiaki Avatar

tensai toshiaki

Post by tensai toshiaki on Jul 31, 2022 15:11:28 GMT -5

Tensai listened to Muimina's questions, he smirked because of course he has the answers.

"Luckily for the both of us that I have an eidetic memory. I even remember the ID number for the form: thirteen dash four four four four. Ironically fitting such unlucky numbers are associated with a missing document. And as for the interrogation I did it alone within a well-fortified containment unit, but I was quite thorough in getting information from that Sinner,"
Tensai said.

And as he said the word information his eyes shifted briefly to the variously labeled jars of organs that are laid out on various shelves.

"However I did not send the report myself, I gave it to one of the Hibana sisters telling them it was important information to send. It probably went to other Divisions before it theoretically got taken or just lost somehow in the flow of bureaucracy, and due to all of them being identical there is no telling which one of them was the one we would need to ask about the document in question,"
Tensai said.

Tensai then scratched his chin and remembered an important detail, about Yoshinori asking him to make that truth-telling drug for an interrogation. So it was not hard for him to put two and two together for what that drug was probably used for and who it was used on.

"You know Yoshinori asked me to make him a truth-telling drug for interrogation before I interrogated Meiji. So perhaps Yoshinori was the one who interrogated Taisho, this was back when he was still in the 2nd Division before he made a transfer. You could check in with him and also around the 2nd Division if we are unsuccessful in finding out what happened to my document," Tensai said.

He then sat down and then begin writing a note, containing the aforementioned ID number, a copy of his signature, the date, and other details that were on the report/document he wrote out that day. Before handing it to Muimina.

"This should help you in your search, I have no idea if Yoshinori will provide better answers for you than I can, but if you think we can trust him then it wouldn't hurt in letting him know about what we are investigating," Tensai said.

Considering that Yoshinori is the first friend he ever made that wasn't just an acquaintance or another co-worker to him he hopes that he is trustworthy but the logical part of him is doubtful that that could be true.

Tag:
Last Edit: Jul 31, 2022 15:12:54 GMT -5 by tensai toshiaki

GAME MASTER

13th Division Captain

Muimina Hyakuji Avatar

Muimina Hyakuji

Post by Muimina Hyakuji on Aug 23, 2022 16:45:35 GMT -5

無意味な 百事
護廷十三隊 - 1st DIVISION

𝖳𝖠𝖦𝖲:

The Vice Captain listened intently to the scientist. He noticed his face brimming with confidence, proud that he had remembered the identification number of the document. If that would help. In any bureaucratic organisations, documents are codified with serial numbers for easy tracking and archiving. It was no different for Soul Society.

“13-4444, you say” Hyakuji repeated, deeply recalling if he had audited such a document. Much to Tensai’s disappointment however, the report did not really reach the First Division, or at least his table.

“I can remember all the documents I have audited, and unfortunately, it is not something I can recall. Not one detail slips past my eyes, Toshiaki-san. I try to be as efficient and effective in my work, especially in the recent months. I’ve been keen on the reports on the demons, as they are the most dangerous threat as of the moment. I will have to review the Osaka incident and see if I can get anything from there too…”

While Tensai laid his eyes on the various organs displayed on his shelves, Hyakuji remained fixated on the lab apparatus set up on the table, as if reminiscing his old life back when he was still human. In the confines of his own office.

He then turned to the scientist shinigami when he heard the name of his friend, Yoshinori in this whole ordeal. He remembered facing some demons with him, and from his performance there, it looked like it was not indeedhis first time.

“I see. Then I may need to connect with Okamoto-san regarding this drug. Or about his knowledge of Meiji…Thank you, Toshiaki-san.” He reached for the paper, even though he didn’t need it, as he remembered the details the 12th Division shinigami had already told him.

“Is there anything else I need to know?”

[307]

PLAYER

12th Division - 5th Seat

I have nothing to say.

tensai toshiaki Avatar

tensai toshiaki

Post by tensai toshiaki on Aug 25, 2022 21:49:12 GMT -5

"There is one more thing I need to show you, not sure if it counts as a clue to their identity, but it gives a better idea of what we're dealing with," Tensai said.

He then brought Muimina over to a table filled with what appeared to be normal strangely shaped weapons. Though seeing the cracked containers within each weapon and getting a closer look he would realize that these were the Bakkoto those rogue Shinigami from the bathhouse used. Though they didn't appear to be dangerous as Tensai held a saber up like it was no issue.

"While without those parasites fused to these weapons they are useless while studying them closely I discovered that not only were these weapons of fine craftmanship but appear to be made out of some unknown material. Probably a metal or alloy that can only be found in Soul Society discovered within the farthest reaches of the Rukongai or beyond it. Though the fact that they came across something like this and have someone who can craft stuff like this worries me," Tensai said.

He then gently sets the weapon back on the table lying sideways. And then gets out his Zanpakuto and stabs it. Although upon doing so with all of his might. All it did was managed to chip part of the blade off the saber.

"They clearly have a highly skilled ally in their ranks, we two alone might not be able to beat them especially since we don't know how many of them there are. We may need Yoshinori's assistance and perhaps one other Shinigami we can truly trust," Tensai said.

Tag:

GAME MASTER

13th Division Captain

Muimina Hyakuji Avatar

Muimina Hyakuji

Post by Muimina Hyakuji on Aug 28, 2022 10:52:05 GMT -5

無意味な 百事
護廷十三隊 - 1st DIVISION

𝖳𝖠𝖦𝖲:

Hyakuji followed the green-haired scientist as he made his way to the table full of weapons which they saw and encountered in the bath house. At first, he was wary, knowing the effects of the said weapons to their owner. However, seeing that Tensai had no problem touching it, and upon closer look, the swords did not seem to host the parasites controlling the shinigami during their investigation.

“I see…” the Vice-Captain responded, taking note of how strong the metal was when his colleague tried to stab the swords.

“It is rather sturdy indeed, Toshiaki-san. The craftsman who made this is surely a master swordsmith. But a swordsmith is different from a warrior. They might have great skills in crafting swords, but what if they were not a master swordsman? Even then, we can’t let our guard down, of course. It is better to assume a worse case than to be confident and regret it later. We will try to get as much assistance as we need. However, we would also need to be discreet if we don’t want anyone to find out about this investigation.”

The more frequently they meet and talk about this mission, the more they would likely be found out.

“I’d suggest that we talk about this outside Soul Society. And that we should meet less to avoid suspicion. We just need to fulfill each of our tasks and track our progress. Though, I am sure it will take some time since my hands are already full with so much responsibility in our Division. Rest assured that I will keep you updated of my findings. I will also try and contact Okamoto-san for any help we could potentially use.”

[286]

PLAYER

12th Division - 5th Seat

I have nothing to say.

tensai toshiaki Avatar

tensai toshiaki

Post by tensai toshiaki on Sept 2, 2022 18:35:07 GMT -5

"A skilled craftsman for sure but some of the best craftsman know the ins and outs of what they're making and how to use it. Especially if it comes to protecting their creations. Not a master with the weapons he crafts but at least knows best how they work, and maybe even still how to not let their own downsides affect him. Especially since this person is able to meld these strange spirit parasites with metallic weaponry. I have a suspicion whoever made these weapons might formerly have been a 12th Division member," Tensai said.

Before slapping a file on the table of a missing 12th Division member with long red hair named Tetsu Kaneki.

"This Shinigami was once a researcher here, known for having performed a lot of experiments involving making and melding metallic parts with the physical bodies that contain our souls. Though apparently, something about said experiments got Tsuguru Daisho to intervene and cancel Tetsu's projects. No one has seen Tetsu ever since and people assume he either left in frustration or was discharged that he is continuing his experiments. Not much is known about what his experiments are because these are the only files I had clearance to access and most of what was on the files were redacted but parts of how they were described seem similar to what the Bakkoto are the combination of inorganic and organic material," Tensai explained.

Tensai listened to the rest of what Muimina had to say and agreed with him. They shouldn't meet each other too often, not just because their enemies would be suspicious but their allies as well. Don't want people to get the wrong idea and think they're the ones conspiring. Doing future meetings outside of Soul Society will also lower their chances of their plans being discovered by either side.

"One more thing I want to mention, if they stole the files about the Demons then they most likely know about them, and thus might think to allying with them against the Gotei 13. That is if the Demons allow such a thing. I am not sure if they were ever to ally themselves with Rogue Shinigami. Though if they learn about Bakkoto I am worried if they might think about utilizing this weaponry themselves." Tensai said.

He then places the files on Tetsu Kaneki up by putting it back into a folder before putting it in a filing cabinet.

"Well then since this is going to be the last chance you'll get to see me for a while do you have any other questions or something to ask of me?" Tensai said.

Tag:
Last Edit: Sept 22, 2022 19:15:34 GMT -5 by tensai toshiaki

GAME MASTER

13th Division Captain

Muimina Hyakuji Avatar

Muimina Hyakuji

Post by Muimina Hyakuji on Sept 22, 2022 9:36:57 GMT -5

無意味な 百事
護廷十三隊 - 1st DIVISION

𝖳𝖠𝖦𝖲:

The 12th Division shinigami continued to share what he knew about the weapon experiments. He mentioned that the Captain was aware of the situation, and had made the necessary intervention to discontinue the project. Something had made Hyakuji curious however, Such unofficial experiments would have been reported, and if proven guilty, the shinigami responsible would have been imprisoned in the Maggot’s Nest or in the Central Great Underground Prison. Yet, the death god was missing.

The Vice-Captain narrowed his eyes, as he contemplated on the green-haired death god’s statement, “Was he subjected to a disciplinary action? Such illegal acts would’ve been grounds for imprisonment. He should not have been given the chance to escape. Is there any official reports on this?”

As to Tensai's theory about the rogues, Hyakuji deemed it to be unlikely. The demons hated the shinigami so much to the point that even the basic conversation would be impossible, let alone a discussion of a possible alliance.

He would've reacted to it, but alas! Fate seemed so cruel, as he received a call from his division needing him to get back to the office as soon as possible.

“We’ve been lost in time. Unfortunately,” the long-haired death god sighed in disappointment, “I'm being called in the office now. Please send me whatever reports are relevant to Tetsu or the parasitic weapons. We’d have to do this carefully, Toshiaki-san. So I hope you do not share with others whatever we learned here. I’ll keep in touch from time to time.”

[258]
Last Edit: Oct 7, 2022 18:38:28 GMT -5 by Muimina Hyakuji

PLAYER

12th Division - 5th Seat

I have nothing to say.

tensai toshiaki Avatar

tensai toshiaki

Post by tensai toshiaki on Oct 7, 2022 19:19:05 GMT -5

"Well, things run differently here in the 12th Division. In order to push boundaries, risks need to be taken so Captain Daisho is usually lenient with what kinds of experiments we are allowed to do, but even if the risks are too great for him to not cross he most likely saw Tetsu as too great a mind to lose. This is why most of the info on here is redacted so that he wouldn't get in trouble. Yet it seems Tetsu's pride got to him as his work was denied and thus he abandoned his post which is unfortunate as I imagine that's the opposite of what Captain Daisho wanted," Tensai explained.

And it seems Muimina was called back into his office. At least he managed to get out what he wanted to say to him. He then waved Muimina off.

"Don't worry my lips are sealed I am usually too absorbed in my usual work to be able to talk to anyone else in my division. It was only through working with you and Yoshinori that I was able to make any form of friendship. And I won't tell Yoshinori either unless we can both be sure enough to trust him." Tensai said.

As Muimina left his secret lab he decided to leave as well. Stopping at Tesso's cage and giving him fresh fruit and veggies to eat with a bit of meat. As his pet rat is eating he is reminded of Cole who was here earlier. Regretting that he was brought up into this by accident. And also that he left when it seemed like he was about to get his club. Perhaps he can see Cole another time and talk about making that a reality.

Said club would also be a good excuse/cover for his actions to throw off the rogues too, but mostly it will be great to have someone to talk to about Living World media that only he seemed to consume. Yet even then he should be careful. As the possibility of rogues within their ranks, no one in the other divisions is trustworthy. Even asking Muimina was a gamble as his honest and earnest nature could be a ploy. He'll have to prepare himself to do what must be done just in case.

Tag: