Bleach Hereafter RPG

Fated and Lost

Player

Insert Passive Aggressive Statement Here

snugglyrum Avatar

snugglyrum

Post by snugglyrum on Apr 22, 2022 14:03:57 GMT -5

"Alright." The deep voiced Prometheus said as he looked at the Doctor who was typing something into his phone as they headed for the elevator. Prometheus held it open with his massive hand as the Doctor boarded first before waiting for the group.

Prometheus had said nothing about the request from Fiore, it was easy enough for M, the issue was that he had spent too much time arguing to get what he wanted. That or M knew, M was odd like that, and Prometheus cared very little to think about things like this. The Doctor, on the other hand, was a different story. The Doctor sighed as the elevator descended, stopping at a specific floor and a young woman in a chef's outfit came in to hand a bag to Rekka. Then a drink with her other hand. She stayed in the elevator for a few floors and left, as did others, until finally the screen stated "Lobby".

The doors opened to any non discretional building for some random business, a nice water feature and a few desks for greeters and a security guard or two. The odd thing was the haze outside the windows, every time you looked too hard, it seemed to writhe and warp. Prometheus looked at the group. "Any last requests?" He asked. Then turned, and walked out the revolving door, right into the middle of jolly ol' London. Right in Camden. The Doctor was the last one out, and Prometheus and him both checked their suits.

There was the usual midday bustle on the street, business people moving around to get everything done, people entering and exiting all manner of buildings and the overcast sky spoke of mist, but no rain. The large man shifted to dodge a man on the phone that could not be bothered to pay attention to Prometheus. Finally, the Doctor and him began walking down the street at a leisurely pace. "How many you rek'n w'l live?" He asked the Doctor as the Doctor shrugged.

He spoke, he sounded, his voice was very basic, and had no flare of spectrum or accent. "Don't know don't care. As long as we get it done. How many times had we saved this dam world while they do nothing? It seems like even forcing them to help is like pulling fingers. M better know what's going on cause I don't trust them. After all, when the wyverns invaded and the Pantheon nearly destroyed the world they... were at war with the Quincy and a castle in that desert place? Yea, sounds brilliant." The Doctor said, but Prometheus had not been listening, he was more prone to action, not debates. They turned a corner and the Doctor looked at his phone. "The bank is in one more block, then to port and two over."

PLAYER

I have nothing to say.

Hageshi Rekka Avatar

Hageshi Rekka

Post by Hageshi Rekka on Apr 26, 2022 16:41:31 GMT -5

Rekka simply ignored Fiore's tirades at him, a remarkable show of restraint on the fiery Shinigami's part. Instead, he noted that "Olivier", which would appear to be another of the suits Ryoga had been distributing, was now out of service to its Arrancar owner after their fight. This much Ryoga confirmed, before telling both his friends to behave themselves.

"Look, Fiore, if it doesn't fit anymore 'cause you grew or something after our fight, try having the suit bound to your Zanpakuto and it should fit no matter what form you take." Rekka said in an odd gesture of aid towards his hopefully-former foe. He displayed the Renma keychain connected to Enmado as well.

No sooner had he said this, however, when the other Arrancar came over to them and pulled their ears, reprimanding them to behave. 

"Seriously, why?" Rekka said in between winces. "I was behaving from the start so why me?!"

Fortunately, the woman let go, and Prometheus and the Doctor led them to the elevator where Rekka was handed his food and drinks. Momentarily floating them with Kido he had learned in his spare time, he rummaged in his Zanpakuto-storage and pulled out a darker and more durable version of his trademark military uniform, which he had prepared shortly before getting sent as backup to the whole Demon Slayer event. It was followed up by a black trench coat, and wondering what would become of him were his superiors to find out that he'd been whisked away. Rekka changed into the clothes he brought out in a blur, and stuffed his robes into storage just in time to catch his meal from the air.

"Any last requests?"

"If y'all can do spacetime shenanigans, can you put me back at the same place and time you took me from, so I don't get in trouble with my bosses?" Rekka asked, before he walked into London with burger in hand. "Or otherwise make it look like I was never gone."

The Third Seat couldn't help overhearing their employers' conversation about what the OGA was doing during the Quincy War of all times.

"We've got wyverns now?"

Player

The light shines so bright, you can't look away!

fiore Avatar

fiore

Post by fiore on Apr 27, 2022 13:35:43 GMT -5

"...Ryoga..." It didn't seem like the Quincy truly understood what had happened between Fiore and Rekka. The only explanation needed, however, was that piece of it relevant to their current situation. "Your younger brother...burned me out of the sky. He is why I look...as you say..." Fiore winced. "...scary." Rekka then demonstrated ignorance of how Arrancar zanpakutos worked, immediately followed by the unknown woman grabbing the two of them by the ear.
"Please release me, darling. I am no child in any respect." She was getting awfully close to his mask.
Fiore had never been in an elevator, as far as he could remember. It was slightly cramped what with so many people inside, but there was room to pose. It was a pity: out in what, according to signage, was London, Fiore could not manifest himself physically. So many people, all milling about and looking away. The sight made him hiss softly. Even Prometheus and the Doctor were ignoring him...
"Excuse me, darlings, we are not all cut from the same cloth in the slightest. Although Soul Society and whatever Quincies are still left do tend to intervene when they should not and look away when they can, Las Noches simply seeks a peaceful existence."

PLAYER

Always expect the unexpected!

Tadashi Ryoga Avatar

Tadashi Ryoga

Post by Tadashi Ryoga on Apr 30, 2022 18:11:08 GMT -5

Ryoga snickered and wrapped his arms around the young shinigami in a small display of affection. "That sounds like my little brother Rekka alright." He commented, replying to the hollow. "Have a little patience, Fio-kun. He is quite nice and really fun to be around if you get to know him. Renma too, all things considered. He is almost as cuddly as Milo is. Almost."

Squeezing once before letting Rekka go, Ryoga fiddled with his gear and sighed. He really didn't want to do this but he had no choice. He did want to find out who M was and what the deal with her band of kidnappers were.

"I'll find a way to fix Olivier, might take me a while but it is doable. As long as you two promice me to stop fighting I will do my best to help you out. Besides I went through the hassle of creating the best mod souls around I'll be damned if I do not find a way to make hollowproof sensui."

He ignored the 4th passenger and the two goons M had decided to play lapdog with, limiting himself to just following along and passively agreeing with whetever was going on.

"If we have to split up, I'd say me and lil bro can deal with most problems just fine. In any case, Rekka-kun, be ready to transform into Renma. We might need his superspeedy teleportation powers to get where we need to go, considering I can't count on Lux or any of my other selves.

Player

I have nothing to say.

esperanzzaditta Avatar

esperanzzaditta

Post by esperanzzaditta on May 2, 2022 17:47:01 GMT -5

"You may have been behaving and said some nice things to me, but you kept egging on the pretty boy over here since you got here," Esper said to Rekka.

Then she turned her attention to Fiore.

"And you, you may not be a child but you are certainly acting like having a tantrum like that. Act your damn age even the Quincy over there is behaving better than you are." Esper said.

As she walked away she stopped to turn back to Fiore, glaring at him with an intense angry glare.

"Also, don't call me darling again you simp," she responded.

She was surprised to see them walk through a door and be right in London, but not too impressed since the Garganta can basically allow them to travel to anywhere on Earth from Hueco Mundo. Though the scenery is nice at least.

"You know I was in Paris quite recently actually, but it's nice to travel and see the places I never got to see when I was alive," Esper said.

Then Prometheus and the Doctor were talking about how many of them will live, either they mean themselves, or whoever they are pulling a heist on. Saying things about wyverns and some pantheon along with the war with the Quincy. Then the Doctor mentioned something about a palace in the desert.

"You wouldn't happen to be talking about Las Noches in Hueco Mundo now, would you? That's pretty deep in the realm of the Hollows. You must have done your research very well to know about that place. I guess that's why they call you the Doctor," Esper said.

She was just wooing him with cheap compliments and feeding his ego to get him to talk. Spiritual human or not the fact that they know about the fortress of the Hollow Queen and the Espada is suspicious. One would either have survived/trekked through Hueco Mundo and getting there is not easy unless you are an Arrancar or Hollow. Or they learned about it through another Hollow or Arrancar.

Player

snugglyrum Avatar

snugglyrum

Post by snugglyrum on May 2, 2022 18:17:51 GMT -5

The doctor laughed at Rekka. He seemed to find the comment about time and space and his bosses, would do something. "Don't worry burnbrain your bosses won't care. Which sums up Soul Society's achievements in the past hundred years." He laughed as he shifted a bit and for a moment, if you were looking at them, the Doctor's eyes seemed to separate. As if someone else was watching from inside. A second later he addressed the other question.

"Wyv'rns 'e above yer paygrade, pipsqeak" The large man stated to Rekka before the Doctor could talk. He did not comment on Las Noches, there was no reason to. They were the morons who, like shinigami thought they were the best because they were open about it. Prometheus and the Doctor could have explained, but you don't argue with religious zealots, and all three, Quincy, Shinigami, and Arrancar were just so.

Then, Ryoga spoke up. The doctor turned to him and tilted his head as he walked backwards speaking. "I would put Ed up against your friends any day. I would, however love to see how you made and bound the souls. My family has been doing so for quite a while, and our research has some... interesting results. A bit of variation compared to yours. We should compare notes." The good doctor stated to the Quincy. To him, Ryoga was the only one in this group worth actually recruiting, versus just forcing to do the bidding of the OGA.

Lastly, the Doctor addressed Esper. He laughed cordially at her thought that he did research. His tone was polite as he spoke. "No, Ma'am, I have a doctorate in Bio-Chemistry. We know about noches, society, the shop, the cafe, the Quincy realm, because we have people on the payroll. Let's be honest, you can't have your leaders do nothing but sit in a tea hall, on a throne, or run a candy store for years doing nothing to fix anything without having people doubt your efforts. As for research, we leave most of that to our RnD team, lead by the illustrious, and quite annoying, don't tell her I said that, Doctor Fredricks. As for introductions, as you know, this large and very strong gentleman is Prometheus, but for the uneducated, and those that can't read. Most people just refer to him, as The Monster. As in, THAT monster." The scrawny man stated ushering to the large man.

The large man gave a polite bow. "I dun really like 'at name, though." He stated as the two stopped and looked up at the World Bank Group first Bank. "We're here." He stated and the doctor scratched the back of his head.

"Whelp, time to tell you gents, and ladies the plan. In exactly ten minutes we're entering that bank, through a portal that is kind of a secret and each of you will be in charge of doing what M told you to do. The thermal lock is on the second basement level, the security conduit past the lasers upstairs on the third floor. Then for the Arrancar, the keys are on the manager and the other dimensions manager, you can pick which of you takes which. You will have less then fifteen minutes to get your jobs done."

PLAYER

I have nothing to say.

Hageshi Rekka Avatar

Hageshi Rekka

Post by Hageshi Rekka on May 4, 2022 8:30:12 GMT -5

"Don't worry burnbrain your bosses won't care. Which sums up Soul Society's achievements in the past hundred years."

"As Shinigami, we simply observe. We do not interrupt or disturb the lives of the humans. We do the shadow work that most humans can't even see in their day to day. In doing so, we keep the balance of souls without anyone being any the wiser. It is as it should be. To ever change that would be to take the reins of Living Realm life and steer it. When you do that, the fate of the realm is left to whoever is handling the reins."

"With all due respect Sir, I think that's the point of being a Shinigami. To purify souls and leave the Living World to itself." Rekka stated, remembering what one of his allies had told him in the hospital some time ago. "If your understanding of the cosmos is so far above me that the wyverns I farm every day are beyond my paycheck, how much more the rest of Soul Society who aren't even aware of all this."

However, Rekka noticed the weird shift in the Doctor's eyes, and full on halted in his tracks and glared back with his own scarlet ones. It lasted only a moment before he started walking again.

"As for introductions, as you know, this large and very strong gentleman is Prometheus, but for the uneducated, and those that can't read. Most people just refer to him, as The Monster. As in, THAT monster."

"So this isn't the universe where you're a cute girl who likes flowers and James Moriarty adopted you. Nor is this the universe where the gods are alien spacecraft that need a giant cannon strapped to a shield to beat them." Rekka quipped as they arrived at the bank. "By the way, I saw what you wrote last post, Doctor. After I bust the lock, you guys are recruiting me, at least until the Moirai have been reduced to cinders."

Player

fiore Avatar

fiore

Post by fiore on May 5, 2022 8:50:30 GMT -5

Esperanzza's words were not registered as an insult but simply as a lack of logic. "Oh, you do not understand. There is...history between me and the other, despite what the Quincy says."
Apparently, the OGA knew nothing about history, warfare, or the value of a beautiful conversation partner. "Tch." This ignorance was more than Fiore could stand. "What Soul Society has done is slaughter millions of us to increase their own numbers. You cannot claim that Las Noches does nothing when all we seek is, as I said, our own survival. Any attacks you believe us to have made were undoubtedly justified."
At the mention of "THAT monster", Fiore's thoughts immediately fled into his own memories. "In....in the playbill, your name was....different. And you....both of you...were vastly...how shall I put this? The actors that portrayed the two of you were quite handsome. If I am correct, of course, about what exactly I am recalling."
Interrupted by their arrival, the conversation somehow suddenly included secret portals and other dimensions managers. Fiore tilted his head at his female comrade, wondering which manager she would choose to...do something with. "Darlings....could we not enter immediately and give ourselves more time to...ah...know what an other dimensions manager is?"

PLAYER

Tadashi Ryoga Avatar

Tadashi Ryoga

Post by Tadashi Ryoga on May 6, 2022 20:02:16 GMT -5

"My friends have a few tricks up their sleeve, but I would never divulge the secrets of the craft to an organization ready to kidnap, enslave and discard people for its gains." Ryoga was as curt as he was with M. "There is a reason why they are this cool but it is a secret and I very much intend to keep it that way." He would never divulge a single word of his studies. It was all in his head and there it would remain for the forseable future. If these people could already shackle others and force them to do their dirty work under threat of death who knows what they would be able to do when they could access a sentient armor piece that gives you extra powers

For the rest of the voyage, Ryo would remain quiet, keeping an eye out for the Rekka Fiore situation. The two seemed to ha e calmed down but he never knew when they could be bickering again. Moving over to the young shinigami, he listened to what he had to say. He was still confused as to why his little brother was so fervent in wanting to join the organization that steals people.

"Rekka-kun, I just don't get it." He stated, looking at his little brother. "Why are you so all about joining the bunch of people that have kidnapped us and are currently kind of forcing us on a suicide mission? I know you're a spirit and all, but I'd rather not die. I don't wanna lose my memories of you or my life because one would be megacorp tried to play hero with the lives of others."

Player

I have nothing to say.

esperanzzaditta Avatar

esperanzzaditta

Post by esperanzzaditta on May 7, 2022 14:04:59 GMT -5

Yeah, she got the doctor to talk alright. About how apparently they have some members from each race on their payroll leaking them information. Apparently, they have been having doubts about their leaders and each organization. The thought of traitorous Fraccione turns her stomach and she is sure Riennena won't be happy to hear about this. She hid her distaste though as Fiore brought up a good point that led as a good way to distract them away from the topic she brought up.

"He's right, for Hollows and Arrancar or not it's survival of the fittest. While we gained sentience and evolved from the beasts we once were that doesn't stop the Shinigami and especially Quincy from wanting to exterminate us. I should know as I faced one that was deadset on putting me down." Esper explained.

Then apparently the Doctor explained Prometheus's codename was "The Monster" as in that monster. And getting a good look over him she's starting to get it.

"So the Monster and the Doctor? You wouldn't happen to have a vampire and a werewolf on your payroll as well?" she joked.

Though as soon as she was reminded about her and the Arrancar's duty. Then she used Sonido to appear behind Fiore to punch him in the back of the head before reappearing to where she once was.

"That counted as calling me darling again. The simp however does have a point asking about what you mean by other dimension's manager. Are the people we are needing to be stealing keys from spiritually aware? Even if it's enough that they can just see us with my speed I should be able to pick it out of their pocket before they even realize it's gone" Esper said.

She then began to stretch her arms and legs out. Since she is a more melee combat Arrancar due to the unique nature of her Zanpakuto.

Tags: , , ,
Last Edit: May 7, 2022 14:05:18 GMT -5 by esperanzzaditta

Player

snugglyrum Avatar

snugglyrum

Post by snugglyrum on May 7, 2022 15:37:12 GMT -5

"There's a dimension where Prometheus is a little girl? What the... wouldn't that be Bea, best title, The Bride. Anywho, she only does contract work though. The people inside very spiritually aware and not at all going to be happy you are there. Oh, nice rhyme. Oh and no werewolves, pretty sure we don't anyway. They don't like us that much and they get uppity when you don't follow their alpha mindset. As for vampires, we have a few immortals, but Vlad and Dracul don't leave their domains ever. I'm also not a Frankenstein, or Prometheus would have probably killed me outright. No offense to him, but his creator's kind of a jackass. Hell most ancient gods are hollows, or shinigami anyway, their oracles and priests were just spiritual humans." The doctor stated as the large man next to him nodded in agreement.

Neither addressed Rekka's defense of soul society, the Quincy war alone proved that statement completely false. So, they instead focused on the bank. Eventually, Prometheus pulled out a small knife looking object from his black suit. He looked at Esper and shrugged his massive shoulders before ushering her to come with him. They had to cross over at a specific point inside the bank.

The doctor headed into the bank after taking his pocketed hand out of his pants and holding the door open for a couple as they came out. He smiled politely at them and gave them a small bow before heading inside. The bank lobby was massive, two stories with a mezzanine and a lot of gaudy statues from time immemorial. There were assistants around to either side on the ground floor with offices upstairs, elevators in the middle to other floors and another set behind the area with the security guards. On top of a massive fountain that someone could take a bath with ten others in the center.

The doctor headed upstairs and vanished into one of the offices on the second level and Prometheus looked at the group. "G'd luck, 'she' won't leave the place standing so you better be qui'k." He stated ushering to Esper as he headed towards the restrooms.

The second they were in the hallway out of sight, the large man slashed at the air and a tear opened up, he looked through it to an inverted version of the bank in an oddly monochromatic hue. "After you, Es'er." He stated to her. As for the rest of the group, they were now free of their chaperoned and on a ticking clock.

Rekka, would have to find a way to the basement floors and Ryo would have to find a way up. As for Fiore, the manager was currently behind the security glass helping what was probably a new member of staff use the check scanner.
Last Edit: May 7, 2022 15:38:28 GMT -5 by snugglyrum

PLAYER

I have nothing to say.

Hageshi Rekka Avatar

Hageshi Rekka

Post by Hageshi Rekka on May 16, 2022 10:38:10 GMT -5

"Rekka-kun, I just don't get it. Why are you so all about joining the bunch of people that have kidnapped us and are currently kind of forcing us on a suicide mission? I know you're a spirit and all, but I'd rather not die. I don't wanna lose my memories of you or my life because one would be megacorp tried to play hero with the lives of others."

Rekka's normally scarlet eyes filled with buzzing static, as if he was mentally changing channels, and mysterious alien symbols started floating around him just as his eyes returned to a semblance of normal. For some reason, he was getting the hang of his new ability now.

"Don't you worry, Ryoga, we won't die," Rekka said, pulling a sheet of paper out of thin air and handing it to his big brother. "This is a non-deadly thread after all, and our writers still have threads planned out for us."

"As for this 'Bea', Doctor, it might have been her, but I have a feeling the one I saw wasn't in this multiversal cluster. It seems that universes exist in clusters of closely-related parallel realities, while other multiverses with different rules exist farther away. Information is the one unifying factor between all clusters, and what is real in one universe is often fictional in others and vice versa."

They then arrived at the bank, with Rekka being tasked to find his way to the basement. It would've been easier if they, y'know, hadn't gone through the front door. Fortunately, there was a map on the phones the OGA had given them. So, Rekka simply walked to the bathroom, which no decent sentient being would put surveillance in unless they were perverts, and opened a portal into the room marked for him.

Player

fiore Avatar

fiore

Post by fiore on May 19, 2022 13:57:11 GMT -5

Esperanzza's story of a murderous Quincy only elicited a nod from Fiore. Whoever it was had to be a bit overzealous due to challenging a Fraccion, but this was standard behavior, it seemed, from most Quincies. The punch in the head, however, was not taken nearly as well.
"What on earth is a 'simp'?" He smoothed his hair back into place. "And please do not speak of me as if I do not stand by your side." Despite his discomfort (and his complete confusion relating to whatever Rekka was doing), something lit up in Fiore's eyes at the mention of Hollow gods. The idea of such power and adoration colored his perceptions of the already-opulent bank, nearly rendering it into a massive temple in his eyes. Staring at every security guard and worker in sight, he already knew what he wanted to do.
Even when the two mysterious people and Esperanzza went somewhere unknown, Fiore's smirk did not fade. Even when Rekka went towards the bathrooms, for some reason, Fiore simply smiled and lightly waved goodbye.
As it turned out, the manager that he had to deal with was simply the bank manager, determined by the device's buzzing and the person in question's fancy outfit. The Arrancar turned to Ryoga, winking and making a "Shh!" gesture.
Silently sneaking through the room, he came up behind the manager.
Poking the manager on the shoulder, he whispered:
"Where are the keys?"
Knowing that these people were spiritually aware and likely capable of retaliation, Fiore readied himself to summon an afterimage in case of attack.

Player

I have nothing to say.

esperanzzaditta Avatar

esperanzzaditta

Post by esperanzzaditta on May 19, 2022 17:01:38 GMT -5

Esper took it in her best interest to ignore what Rekka was talking about some nonsense of the multiverse. Though it seems that there are werewolves and they do know about some vampires working for them, they don't leave their domain. Though it seems that the person she needs to steal keys from is not only spiritually aware but will be unhappy about their presence.

"Either I manage to steal their key fast enough or knock them out and swipe their keys. Seems simple enough since I have done some training since my last bout and improved significantly."
Esper said.

And it seems that Fiore has not gotten the hint or at least has never been online before.

"Simply put, people like you try to be a nice guy and butter women up by calling them things like m'lady while you tip their fedoras while in actuality they only want her because they think they deserve her. Get an ego check and learn how to actually talk to a lady like a normal person with basic human decency and then maybe I'll change my mind about you,"
Esper said.

After explaining to Fiore the definition of simp to his face she lightly pushes him and heads through the portal. Uses Sonido to speed through the strange alternate inverted bank and tries to find the aforementioned manager to grab their keys in the blink of an eye. Thinking they won't literally be able to see it coming.

PLAYER

Tadashi Ryoga Avatar

Tadashi Ryoga

Post by Tadashi Ryoga on May 25, 2022 17:27:36 GMT -5

"That's ehrm...what?" Ryoga replied, not knowing what his little brother was talking about. He figured it was some kind of divination technique shinigami had and left it at that. He wasn't new to the whole thing. He had seen someone do something similar before, thus as weird as it sound he kind of got the gist of it.

Giving Rekka an affectionate headpat and Fiore a quick hug, the young quincy grabbed the gunblade he had been offered and got ready to do his job. Apparently he was supposed to go "up" while clearing the building. He didn't know if splitting up was a good idea at all but he wasn't exactly in the position to object. Thus, Ryoga began scanning for the easiest and fastest way to get to the top. Hopefully he wouldn't be forced to climb the side of the building. He could do it, it would just take a lot out of him and he knew he'd best keep a nice chunk of his reishi and energies in the back pocket juuuust in case things didnt go as planned and he would have to skedaddle out of there as fast as possible. First thing on his mind was him trying not to die, first of all amd fighter out how to escape second. Being dead didn't help either.