Bleach Hereafter RPG

Hugs, Tigers and Batteries

Player

Better Vamoose Outta Here

vance Avatar

vance

Post by vance on Mar 25, 2022 20:49:56 GMT -5

Vance was just finished with work for the day.  He left out of the generic office building that was one of the OGA safe houses after and threw on his jacket as he shifted to get himself back to looking good.  He was a bit relieved that he did not exactly qualify for whatever horrible end of the world prevention squad that his boss was on about this week.  Which, come to think of it, was about every week these days.  From monitoring everything about that thing that gods were fighting to fate or some moronic stuff like that, it was times like these he was glad he had a real job.   At least when you were on the payroll and not forced into anything, M seemed more lenient than anyone else to not send you to your inevitable end.

So, Vance walked down the street for a bit till he found a cafe and wandered in to get a bagel and a coffee.  He was hungry and he always liked a quick bagel, as it was such an easy thing to not mess up.  Plus, there was a lot of variety and the profile changed based on the coffee and spread that was on it.  He sat down at his table and sipped as he waited for the bagel to get toasted.

PLAYER

Always expect the unexpected!

Tadashi Ryoga Avatar

Tadashi Ryoga

Post by Tadashi Ryoga on Mar 26, 2022 4:47:28 GMT -5

Ryoga was bored. He had nothing to do today. Well...nothing worth doing in any case. He was mostly slouching on the couch all huddled up in Milo's arms, observing Lux as he slept dangling from a chandelier as per his usual. At least he had company to enjoy. Looking up, the quincy found the tiger's gaze staring at him. Milo would look away soon enough, shy as he was, hugging his creatior a little bit tighter. Sometimes Ryo did wonder what thoughs were going through the mod soul's head in all those times where they were not merged together.

"Milo-chan" Ryoga recalled the attention of the tiger who was quick to look back at the quincy "Do you want to go outside for a bit?" He proposed. The tiger mulled over for a second, then nodded. He gently let Ryo go so the quincy could hop up and walk to his room. A few minutes later, the redhead re-emerged into the livingroom wearing only a form fitting bodysuit. He had gotten into the habit of dressing light every time he fused with his partners. It wouldn't be long before Milo turned around and invited him in.

The tiger hybrid waited for the cloak of night before moving. He had no issue seeing in the dark, his vision was six times better compared to regular human's. Moving about up above on the rooftops, "Miloga" was filling his time by observing the people down below going about their day. At some point, his senses focused down on a person with spiky blonde hair that was not like the others. He knew his body pretty well and he knew his mind was telling him that the unassuming pedestrian was a quincy. Knowing just how extremely hypersensitive and finetuned his senses were while wearing Milo, there was no way he was wrong.

"What's a guy like him doing in a place like this?" The tiger mumbled. The only quincies in the real world were renegades like Yael or soldats on a mission. From his knowledge most of his peers liked to stay in their magic castle dimension. Perhaps he had found someone worth following, see where they went...what they were up to...

Player

vance Avatar

vance

Post by vance on Mar 29, 2022 8:59:28 GMT -5

Vance ate his bagel and drank his coffee without a care in the world. He could not sense anything anyway and definitely could not manifest ribbons. More unfortunate side effects of his odd distribution, so he was completely easy to follow if he had been doing anything worth following. Vance finished up and then headed out of the café. Sticking around was not really his intention and he needed to go by a gunsmith to get a new slide for his FnX.

He headed a few streets down and went into the gunshop, emerging a few minutes after that. Then he headed another street over to the grocery store. Across the city, a hollow fought a shinigami, but it was like Vance had no interest. Though, in reality, he just had no idea and that was their problem. If his boss did not tell him to do anything, he wouldn't. The shinigami won and Vance came out of the grocery store with a usual assortment for a few lunches before wandering on. If he was still being followed, not that he had any clue, but he would seem like a really boring guy in a non-descript suit and a tie.

Vance avoided the Quincy dimension like the plague, and the reasoning was simple. His sister was the bad ass, and him going in there was like having his soul hooked by hundreds of useless people and then pulled in every direction. That and he was technically OGA, not really much of a Quincy member. After all, Remus did nothing, M had plans. His phone rang, it was his sister, nagging him about something, speak of the devil, and she appears. Vance thought to himself. Other than that, without an invitation, it seemed like stalking Vance, was really easy.

PLAYER

Tadashi Ryoga Avatar

Tadashi Ryoga

Post by Tadashi Ryoga on Mar 31, 2022 13:55:40 GMT -5

And stalk Vance the tiger would!
Miloga had decided to follow the quincy around, much like how he did with Yael the first time they met. This time though, he was unsure if he should approach. The guy was carrying out a totally normal life, which could mean that perhaps he was not aware of his powers. Now, a human sized tiger hybrid with claws dropping from somewhere might be kind of weird for someone not into the weirdness that was the spiritual world, so Miloga decided to stick to the sidelines and and stick his snout further into the blonde's affairs, trying to get a glimpse that he was indeed aware of the spirit world.

Perhaps he was a little too eager to know, seeing as he progressively got closer and closer to the guy. The orange fluff was still following from up above the rooftops, but was choosing progressively closer ones to the ground. Eventually, without realizing, the tiger would gracefully land on a balcony just a couple of stories from his target. While his paws did not make any sound as he did so, all Vance would need to do was just glance up from the phone to see a curious orange white and black tiger looking at him.

Thankfully, it was later on in the evening and the place was rather secluded, meaning that no one else could blow Miloga's cover if Vance didn't notice the hybrid looking at him from a higher place.

Player

vance Avatar

vance

Post by vance on Mar 31, 2022 17:48:39 GMT -5

Vance was reading his work emails and was not happy about them at all. Leave it to his office for Doc to need him to get things for whatever crazy invention she wanted to make. While the good Doctor asked for hollow samples, that guy, no matter how much he wanted to seem normal, was just downright creepy. Most of his collogues were, after all, all of them had story after story written about them.

A few minutes later Vance was staring at a set of beady eyes above him. Vance, had never seen a ball of orange fluff stalking him. His hand instinctively went to just above his holster but it did not draw. Vance knew that getting into fights was not something he ever succeeded in. So, he used the more prominent power. "Are you friendly?" He asked cautiously.

It was most definitely a dumb question, but Vance was not exactly the best at not just asking. I mean worst came to worst it would try to jump him and he was screwed ten ways anyway. At least if it stopped to answer, he had a few seconds warning. "I'm gonna go with maybe or I would be dead already, I'm Vance, do you speak?" Vance stated pointedly.

PLAYER

Tadashi Ryoga Avatar

Tadashi Ryoga

Post by Tadashi Ryoga on Apr 1, 2022 13:24:10 GMT -5

Miloga seized up slightly as he got caught by the quincy he was supposed to silently stalk. It was a good thing spirit people were used to much weirder stuff than his antics. "Probably a good guess." He replied to the first question, subsequently answering the second one at the same time. The tiger grinned and let himself slip from his perched up position.

Landing with ease, the tiger stood up fully in front of the guy. If the hybrid wasn't standing on his digits the blonde was going to be taller. Nevertheless, the ball of fluff extended an arm towards the quincy, offering one of his paws for a shake. "Nice to meet you Vance. You may call me Milo." He stated, chuffing lightly and wiggling his paw at him so that they could shake hands. "What's a quincy like you doing here? I thought most of them hide in quincyland. Are you lost?"

The hybrid wasn't really too keen to trust the guy with his true origins and other details yet. The guy didn't seem dangerous...hell he didn't seem like he could even pose a remote threat to anyone but never say never. Much like Milo's fluffy look, it could all hide an insane amount of power.

Player

vance Avatar

vance

Post by vance on Apr 1, 2022 18:41:38 GMT -5

"Glad to know you." Vance stated as he tipped an imaginary hat to the tiger in front of him. He was not entirely sure what to make of the situation in general. The thing did not seem that evi-then it had to go and mention Quincy. Vance tossed on his best poker face, cause acting as scared as he was during fights was not conducive to survival.

"Well let's just say that I'm not a very good Quincy. I am not really strong enough to snuff a stringy jackrabbit." Vance said, plus he had a day job but that was not the line of questioning. He shook the Tiger's hand... paw? This was a little odd but no worries, at least it wasn't like the Doc, or Prometheus. "Not lost, I work around here. Day job and all that jazz, plus, it's better than going to Quincyland and getting mocked on a daily basis. Not like anything happens there anyway."

Vance pointed out before trying to be polite. "Do, bipedal tigers usually run into Quincy then? Cause, this is definitely a new one for me. That and if you are spiritual, I must ask you to keep your power to a minimum. I have... a condition."

PLAYER

Tadashi Ryoga Avatar

Tadashi Ryoga

Post by Tadashi Ryoga on Apr 8, 2022 19:36:06 GMT -5

"Not really no. I usually do not find alot of quincies around." Milo replied, lightly stepping closer and raising his paw up so that he could gently boop Vance's nose with his finger. "Only the nice ones" He would add, winking and showing his tongue. There was no sign on of malice, the orange feline was a bundle of friendlyness and curiosity.

Milo was then asked if he was a spiritual being. "Oh yeah, by all intents and purposes I am a spiritual entity yes. Cosider me a hybrid between a quincy soul and an artificial soul in the same body." He answered the question by showing his paws at the other quincy. "It takes a bit to get used to but I have come to adore this body and all of the fun stuff I can do. Don't be scared though. I mean you no harm." The hybrid made sure to specify his intentions to the other guy. Then came a most unusual request, but something he could definitely satisfy.

"Oh...yeah sure I can do that..." Milo once again got close so he could very gently grab Vance's hand. He would close his eyes and begin lowering his reiatsu signature from is idling mode all they way down to the blonde's level.

"There you go. I hope it's better. By the way, did I interrupt something? Were you busy? Since you found me out at this point we can get to know eachother more." He would propose with a smile, still holding on to Vance's hand as if to encourage him to further that weird meeting. It was also a good time for Vance to realize just how fluffy and soft Milo's fur was.

Player

vance Avatar

vance

Post by vance on Apr 30, 2022 22:43:13 GMT -5

Vance did not seem bothered by being, booped on the nose. More or less, he did not care if it was not going to hurt him. Which was a welcome thought as most things seemed to want to do just that and he was better at helping them kill him than save him. Oh well, now was not the time to antagonize random tigers that could stand on two feet which was just dumb.

"Artificial soul like the doc and his family then, guess that Quincy have someone that can do that too, actually kind of impressive." Vance stated, as he was the token bringer of useless information and overall heresy in the other spiritual factions for the Other Government Agency. He shifted as he rolled his shoulders and felt a bit better after the tiger lowered their power as he felt his soul no longer rushing out of his body for other people.

"Not busy at all, was running errands, day job is over for the moment." Vance said as he shifted and yawned. Vance looked at his hand and shrugged, if the tiger had no intention of hurting him he figured he would not really care what it did. Soft, though, which Vance found impressive, especially considering it was artificial. "Is your body generated by reishi or something else?" He asked as he blinked.

PLAYER

Tadashi Ryoga Avatar

Tadashi Ryoga

Post by Tadashi Ryoga on May 1, 2022 17:40:58 GMT -5

"It is reishi, yes." The tiger would say, letting Vance go before showing his paws at him and twirling on the spot. "It is not as artificial as you think. As I said, I am a hybrid between two souls. One artificial, yes, but one real too. As you can probably tell my energy is very close to that of a quincy, much like yours. Think of it like this, the real soul, the quincy one, is the core of this body. This body you see with paws and tail and all is just a hollow puppet that can house a soul's reishi inside it and is usually inhabited by the artificial soul. Thus both entities can exist separately on their own, aka the original quincy person and the artificially animated puppet." He tried to explain as best he could. "Now, the quincy soul can choose to merge with the artificial soul inside the puppet in order to inhabit this body for himself. By doing so he is able to share the puppet with the artificial soul already within and since said artificial soul has been designed to control the puppet's body to perfection it means that the real soul can also perfectly control the puppet."

He demonstrated his control by turning to the side and flick his tail up and down. He would then wiggle his toes and fingers and finally wink and stick his tongue out.
"In short: I have created a special reishi body that can either walk around and behave on its own or if worn by a spiritually aware person as a second skin it allows them to transform into the entity the puppet depicts. In this case, I am a tiger."

Player

vance Avatar

vance

Post by vance on May 6, 2022 15:09:31 GMT -5

"Can't tell, I can't read reirayku. So saying you feel like a Quincy is more or less speculation to me, everything just feels like it's pulling my soul towards them." Vance stated as he tried to wrap his brain around what was and what was not puppetry. It was actually quite fascinating, but a bit over his head, if the doc or Fredricks were here they would be having a field day with this. Vance was very cut and dry, he use gun, shot stuff. He was a field agent, not a scientist, but this was still really cool.

Controlling sub-souls and artificial creation of even the least bit of puppetry was probably quiet the task. One very well understood thing was the fact that the being was definately, a tiger. "You are most certainly a tiger, though I don't most of them speak on a regular basis. If you don't mind me asking, who's the core soul? Anyone I know or someone random?" Vance asked, this was field agent training, get information, any helped. He actually clapped at the wink and the tongue stick out though. "Ok, for a supernatural artificial soul and tiger, that's impressive. I can barely wink or show much emotion. Does that mean your musculature is both tiger and bipedal, if so does it negate or enhance basic instinctual body mobility?"

PLAYER

Tadashi Ryoga Avatar

Tadashi Ryoga

Post by Tadashi Ryoga on May 14, 2022 20:45:16 GMT -5

"Soul pulling..." the tiger mumbled. Hopping close he placed a handpaw on the blonde's chest and gave a very light tug at the guy's soul, just to test if it was that easy to move it like he said it was. Once the test was done, the tiger looked slightly puzzled at the quincy's inability to feel reiryoku. It was probably the reason he was so weak-feeling. At the mention on who was behind the tiger persona the fluffy feline only replied with a chuckle and a quick "that shall remain a secret for now."

Once again, the tiger grabbed the quincy's hand and held it in his paw, inviting the guy to walk with him as they conversed. He didn't like being still in a place. Usually crowds of spiritually aware people attracted bad company. "I'm the perfect balance of human and tiger features, though as you can see from my body shape, I lean slightly more towards the feline side. I have paws and tail, fur all over and while I am standing on my hind legs my feet paws are digitigrade."

He stopped walking to raise his foot up and wiggle his toes. He also briefly opened his mouth to allow the quincy to take note of the pronounced canines and the rest of the sharp fangs in his maw. He didn't mind the guy knowing more about him, at leas when it came from all the stuff you could easily figure out for yourself.

"I balance around with the help of my tail and paws help with speed and climbing. As far as senses goes my eyesight is much better than yours at night, probably six times as much. I am more aware of the sounds around us, I can hear your heartbeat if I focus a little and my sense of smell is so advanced now that I have learnt your scent I could probably track you down for kilometers. All in all I am much stronger than a human, by a lot to be honest. Humans are much more fragile." To show just how incredible his control over his stenght was, Miloga casually lifted a car over his head grabbing hold to the front end with his free paw before settling it down.

"To be honest with you, I find that leaning more into my instincual urges is much better. It always takes a moment to get used to this body, no matter how many times i have done it, but purring or otherwise flicking my ears or wagging my tail all feels natural and I just...let it happen really. It's much more enjoyable this way."

Miloga stopped walking and held both Vance's hands in his paws, waving them slightly up and down as he asked, curiosity getting the better of him. "What about you though, you mentioned not being able to feel emotions much, does that make it harder to relate with people?" He asked, thinking about what the blonde quincy said about himself.

"Say, Vance-kun, maybe since you're here and you're free...if you promise to keep this to yourself, would you like to be a tiger like me for a while?"

Player

vance Avatar

vance

Post by vance on Aug 18, 2022 22:31:26 GMT -5

Vance was not the smartest, after all he was an investigator so he did the most relevant thing he could think of. He poked the tiger. "You are like the most soft thing ever!" He exclaimed to the artificial soul. He would definitely have to tell the Good Doctor about this but dear lord. This thing was so soft! "What is up with that?!"

Vance stated before coming to his senses and nodding at he tiger. "No thanks, I don't need more stuff stealing my soul." Vance pointed out, which was true. Then he scratched the tiger like a cat to simply get free soft feeling. "It's kind of a personal thing, I have a problem with how my soul works. Yes, by family and definition, I am a Quincy, I just can't use anything Quincy related."

Vance pointed out as he rolled his shoulders and looked around. As for his emotions, they were based on a combination of those hijacking his soul and whatever else was going on and with his bosses. That, was never usually a good thing at all. Between the OGA and it's version of captains or the most powerful members of the reich or the espada, which they referred to as the PD members, Vance was basically a bad day.

PLAYER

Tadashi Ryoga Avatar

Tadashi Ryoga

Post by Tadashi Ryoga on Aug 24, 2022 5:54:29 GMT -5

Milo shyly shuffled on the spot as he was being called soft. "Eheh...Thank you. I'm made with reishi, remember? Reishi isnt bound by physics so it can be shaped into anything. In my case I have been designed to be like this, this softness is...well...so that I can help people relax and be happy." There was more to it, but the general meaning was there.

Feeling like it would be rude to not reciprocate the affection he was getting, Milo hopped close to the quincy and gave him a small hug. It certainly would do wonders to let the acquaintance experience the "soft feeling" he was seeking. It also allowed Milo to test the man's soul again. As soon as he reach out to it, he would find it extremely easy to grasp. If he wanted to, he could pull it away from Vance's boady and into his own with incredible ease.

Letting go, Milo kept quiet for a moment. His right paw would grab Vance's free hand and the tiger would gently tug to quincy so that they could resume their walk. "Stealing your soul would be rude. I would never do that." He quipped to the other's response to his offer. "Why is your soul like that?" The reishi tiger would ask after a while. "Like...your soul is not well rooted in your body. It's like...loosely there. Is that why you can't use any of your quincy powers? I can tug at it, pull it towards me...it's not something you can do that easily in a normal situation. It almost feels like... yours is not the original body it resided in." It was a fair conclusion.

Player

vance Avatar

vance

Post by vance on Sept 20, 2022 20:20:05 GMT -5

Vance did not object to the hug, it was comfy, which with how boring and bland everything of Vance's was, was not a bad thing. He also did not object to being tugged along. As far as he was concerned there was virtually no threat from Milo, aside from maybe someone wanting to fluff him up to make the most soft pillow ever.

Being questioned about his soul, was another matter. Vance was not good at talking about himself because it was usually to explain to someone that he was fundamentally broken somehow. Though, it was not the actual case, it was how he thought about it cause Quincy families are not the best at adaptation, see the Emperor for more details.

Vance had ditched all that for the OGA, and was doing well because of it. "It, just does that as far as I know, and please don't pull it entirely out as I am pretty sure that would lead to an acute case of death. Though I am not too sure, I've heard of humans souls detaching from their bodies but I would rather not find out if it possible or not. If my soul ever did reside somewhere else then I have no idea where that would be. I call it a battery, as it just seems to be used by everyone as that for power. Well, everyone but me. If it was in another body, I'd like to see it, want to know if I'm an upgrade." Vance stated.

He thought about Milo's body being pure reishi, that was actually, really cool, being able to form it perfectly into a functioning physical body, most of the time he thought it was more limited to, something like a bullet. That really did not require a lot of thought as to how it worked. It confused him as well because of knowing the good doctor and how his body would fully transform, that almost made him gag, seeing that was not something people were supposed to see.

"So, where are you from, Milo. Since you are made of reishi, do you travel by Kage as well, you could be like the ultimate teddy bear!" That last part was kind of but not really a joke.