Bleach Hereafter RPG

Who Let the Dogs Out?

GAME MASTER

Wandenreich - Soldat

Memories broken, the truth goes unspoken...

Hibano Avatar

Hibano

Post by Hibano on May 7, 2022 3:13:19 GMT -5

DEVIL DOGS
Type: Destroy (PvE) (Repeatable)
Level: 1
Description: Locate and eliminate the rogue Hellhounds that are terrorizing a region in the Living World. These monsters are invisible to spiritually unaware individuals, about the size of a large wolf, and breathe fire. They have appeared in an area with high spiritual activity and instead of hunting Sinners, are feeding on anything with ample amounts of reiatsu. The pack leader will be larger than the others and sport a fiery mane around their skull.
- Locate and destroy at least 6 Hellhounds.
- Eliminate the pack leader, otherwise the others will just respawn on them.

Dresden, Thuringia, Germany

Sirens rang out across the city - three fire engines rushed into the streets, informed of an emergency in one of the districts. A three story house on the other side of the street from a middle school just caught fire, and the flames were threatening to spread. However, something odd was going on. There already were a few firefighters on the scene, spraying onto the flames from the nearby hydrants, but no matter how much they poured water upon the burning house, the flames were completely unaffected. Either they were so intense that just water was not going to do anything to the fire, or something was keeping the fire burning from the inside.

"Aah!" one of the firefighters yelped, lunging away after a piece of the building almost fell upon him, splashing ashes and flaming wood across much of the street, and forcing the man's comrades to back away. The first of the fire trucks arrived to the scene, loaded with tons of water and foam, and ladders for rescuing anyone who might have been trapped inside. Still, however, it did not seem like it was going to be enough.

Invisible to anyone except a few, several wolf-like creatures leapt up to the roof of the building, one after another, forming a pack, emanating an exotic form of Reiatsu. Their eyes were set upon the school on the other side of the street, in the midst of being evacuated. Some delicious Reishi was bottled up in there, and the hounds could not wait to charge forth and consume it.

PLAYER

Always expect the unexpected!

Tadashi Ryoga Avatar

Tadashi Ryoga

Post by Tadashi Ryoga on May 10, 2022 18:10:00 GMT -5

Unfortunately for them, this was a bad day to pick a fight.
Ryoga had been taking a stroll on the rooftops, mostly just looking around and moving about with no clear goal in sight. He was rarely in Germany but he still had to make an appereance every time a new hotel or bnb opened. Outside of the casual handwaving at the ceremony and a cut on the ribbon thing he wasn't really required for anything else and thus he had spare time to fill before his "flight" home. Now that flight mostly involved in pretending to go to the airport and just using Lux's powers from within a bathroom to teleport bacl home but you know, secret quincy life, gotta keep those paparazzi happi if they happen to show up.

The young quincy walked around without a care in the world and hopped onto the roof of a nearby school. He was about to head off when the fire happened. At first he didn't mind watching from his position but he would soon figure out the pack of weird hollow looking wolves gathering. He reached for his phone and dialed in a special number.

"Lux." He called his six tailed kitsune companion. "I need you to get to me asap. There is a bunch of weird spirit wolves setting fire to a building and I don't have my gunblade with me. I might need to wear you to fight the things if they start attacking." He concluded. It took a few seconds, but the answer made him chuckle.

"Took you long enough! You've not worn me in so long I was beggining to think you only liked fusing with Milo. I'm coming."

GAME MASTER

Wandenreich - Soldat

Hibano Avatar

Hibano

Post by Hibano on May 11, 2022 15:24:01 GMT -5

Hibano

"Watch out!" one of the policemen called out, and the others ducked their heads. The fire had suddenly grown more intense and exploded outward, shooting several flaming chunks out of the building and towards the school on the other side of the street. Spiritually aware individuals could see what is going on, however. Several of the hell hounds had suddenly leapt across the sky, aiming for the school, and for the Quincy who had so unfortunately found himself on the roof at that exact time.

However, they never reached their target. Suddenly, several slashes, moving faster than the untrained eye could see, flew across the sky, blowing the runt dogs away. They fell to the street, rolling across the asphalt, letting out yelps and canine whimpers.

A teen about Ryoga's age landed in front of him, sword at hand. Hibano had just been in the area when he felt Reiatsu flare up around the school, and as soon as he saw fire trucks drive past him, he realized that they had a problem, so he arrived here as fast as he could.

After theatrically spinning the blade in his hand and pushing it to its sheath on his belt, the teen turned towards Ryoga and asked:

"Are you alright? Do you need help?"

It seemed like these were just the vanguard, rather than the whole pack, the rest were still on the building, so, either way, they had their work cut out for them.

PLAYER

Tadashi Ryoga Avatar

Tadashi Ryoga

Post by Tadashi Ryoga on May 12, 2022 18:05:51 GMT -5

Ryoga was about to summon his revolver and take a few potshots at the attacking dogs when someone interrupted their charge. It wasn't Lux though, but a person he had never seen before, though his reiatsu felt...weirdly familiar. He was asked if he was okay by the black haired boy, a question he would soon answer.

"I'm okay, but these dogs things are way too many. I can fight, but help is on the way. Until my companion arrives to help me I am extremely limited in what I can do. I can only shoot at them." He stated, getting into a defensive stance. Arm stretched forward, he summoned his aetherial revolver and shot two small burst of concentrated reishi at an approaching beast. "Can you distract them till then?"

The redhead would take point behind the newcomer, offering to shoot at anything that lunged a little too close at him. Fortunately, the white kitsune didn't make Ryo wait for long. It popped into being right next to his partner, kicking away one of the approaching dogs Ryo had missed.

"Hey big bro, missed me?" the kitsune said with a grin, proud of his dynamic entry into the situation. Ryo quickly removed his coat and his knee lenght boots, leaving him in only a half body cream colored undersuit. "We don't have time. Fusion. Now." He ordered, throwing his stuff on the floor, shooting at a hound before dispelling his revolver and spreading his arms wide at the white fox. The mod soul wouldn't object, rather electing to do as asked. Lux jumped at Ryoga, the fox's body quickly wrapping around the quincy and swallowing him up whole and squeezing tight around his sihouette.

With the quincy now occupying the body of the six tailed fox, Lux grew slightly in size and his muscles became a little more sculpted. The hybrid's paws tip-tapped on the concrete of the scool's roof as they stumbled lightly, their minds soon united into a single entity.

Lyoga giggled happily, standing back up straight and natually relaxing into a cocky pose with a smug look on his face. He was overflowing with confidence now. It had been a while since he had been like this, he certainly missed it. He almost forgot how good it felt too. He reached for the clothes on the ground and wisked them away somewhere with a single touch.

The white kitsune's tails waved slowly behind him as his eyes now focused on the space right next Hibano. Suddenly, in a snap, the soul hybrid teleported besides the fullbringer. "Now we can deal with these pups." He spoke, his voice still recognizable as Ryoga's but now slightly higher pitched and with the same accent as the one Lux had. He didn't look at the swordsman and elected to hop into a more aggressive looking battle stance instead.

"I'll explain later. Call me Lyoga. I can teleport myself of anything I touch to places I have already seen, or I can switch places with people. Instant Teleportation powers basically. If you have a plan, now it's the time. Doggos here don't seem too too happy with us."

GAME MASTER

Wandenreich - Soldat

Hibano Avatar

Hibano

Post by Hibano on May 14, 2022 5:04:37 GMT -5

Hibano

The red-haired teen assured Hibano that he was all right - and then informed him that until his companion arrives, he will be limited to just taking pot shots at the hell hounds. Judging from the ranged weapon he used - a revolver he summoned from thin air - he was likely a Quincy.

"Right," Hibano answered. He held his sheathed blade up in front of him, ready to draw at any moment and strike. "I was planning to take down as many of them as I can already. Make sure to stay behind me, if you need cover."

The pack of Hellhounds was clearly not amused by their vanguard getting slapped away, as an even greater number of dogs descended down from the burning building and ran across the street, spreading fire in their path and rapidly approaching the school. "Let's go!" the Fullbringer called out and leapt down, landing on top of a hound and driving his sword down its torso. Its friend a few meters away immediately lunged at Hibano, but he stopped the charge with his shoulder and slashed across the creature's body, cleaving it in half.

Both of the defeated dogs dematerialized, turning to a soup of Reishi which got absorbed back to somewhere in the burning building. Huh..? Hibano briefly took note of the phenomenon before the reality of the battle forced him to return back to his senses. A third hellhound charged with a headbutt, which the Fullbringer parried with his sword and then slashed back to swat the creature away.

Focused on the battle, Hibano did not pay as much attention to the Quincy that was tagging along, though he did observe the occasional revolver shots covering him from the back. So, when a bipedal fox-like creature suddenly appeared next to him, speaking in a distorted voice only somewhat similar to the teen he was protecting, the Fullbringer was briefly startled.

"Ah-" Just as quickly, however, he realized that the tailed creature was not hostile towards him, and was just an odd transformation that the Quincy just overtook. "-your companion, I take it?" He introduced himself as Lyoga, and explained his powers. Lots and lots of teleportation. Hearing the tools Lyoga brought to the arsenal, Hibano turned back to the battlefield. Over a dozen of hounds were on the street, running past the startled firemen and creeping towards them both. Individually, they were not a threat, but their numbers made it complicated, and so did the public space they were forced to fight the hounds in.

"We need to get the civilians out of the way, first," Hibano answered, holding his sword up horizontally, in a defensive stance, as he eyed the hounds. "Neither of us can fight at full potential when these firemen are still on the street, and they might get hurt by the hounds. Once that is done... we'll need to beat through this pack and then advance up the burning building. I suspect there's something we need to stop inside."

PLAYER

Tadashi Ryoga Avatar

Tadashi Ryoga

Post by Tadashi Ryoga on May 14, 2022 7:34:06 GMT -5

"I'll deal with the other people." Lyoga said confidently. "I just have the thing we need!" He stuck out his tongue and winked at the fullbringer. It was true that teleportation was the kitsune's main gimmick, but there was another ability he could make use of. It had some downsides of course, so it wasn't to be used lightly, but it was the reason the fox even had six tails to begin with.

The kitsune concentrated for a moment, focusing the reishi making up his shared body and soul. Then the white hybrid split in two copies of himself, each having three of the original six tails. Much like mitosis, the two copies split again, this time in a total of six one-tailed foxes. They were all completely identical twins to eachother. "Now the odds are a little more even hm?" one of them stated, unsurprisingly in the same voice the original Lyoga had. "Let's get the other people outta here." The leftmost kitsune added.

Five of the six all snapped to the closest civilian in order to teleport them to safety. The sixth would instead remain by Hibano's side. "Bet you didn't think I could do that huh?" Lyoga pointed out to the fullbringer giggling and grinning. "We are all the same Lyoga by the way, you can speak to any of us the same way. We are lifelinked to oneanother, meaning we can see through eachother eyes all that. You're probably the stronger one of the two, so I'll still be helping you out. I'll close the distance to your targets for you, be ready to fight super quick. Here, grab my paw."

Lyoga offered his left handpaw at for the fullbringer to grasp with his free hand. The moment he did, the quincy-fox hybrid grinned mischievously. The pair would instantly appear behind a hound, leaving the pack completely disoriented and stunned and the fullbringer at the perfect striking distance.

GAME MASTER

Wandenreich - Soldat

Hibano Avatar

Hibano

Post by Hibano on May 16, 2022 10:32:37 GMT -5

Hibano

When the Fullbringer asked his comrade to help with rescuing the civilians in the battlefield and so have it be cleared, Hibano didn't expect Lyoga to suddenly split into six. Five of the six clones teleported away, grabbing the firemen and nearby civilians, while the sixth remained by his side and offered to teleport him for the battle, as long as Hibano takes his hand.

They were not in a situation where Hibano could spend time asking about how his teammate's powers work, so he just accepted it. Instead, he answered:

"Shoulder."

Both his hands were gripping his sword, and if he was going to teleport around, he needed the stronger grip to be able to deal as strong blows as he possibly could. Thus, he had no hand to spare for Lyoga's.

Hibano braced for the teleportation by raising his sword up, then, as soon as the vision in his eyes changed, he immediately sent it down, cleaving through a hell hound. The teleportations continued before any of the remaining wolves could process what just happened - so, in a matter of seconds, Hibano and Lyoga had taken down much of the hounds on the street. Their bodies fell to the ground and dematerialized once again, getting absorbed back into the burning building on the other side of the street, where, one after another, new hounds began to climb out.

"Something inside there must be spawning new dogs, we've beaten more than there originally were at this point..." Hibano commented, staring at the building and the approaching dogs. "But we need to find a way to get through that fire first..."

While he was speaking, several of the dogs lunged forth and opened their jaws, spewing out a flood of flames which covered the street. Hardly any places were left safe for a person to stand, much less fight.

PLAYER

Tadashi Ryoga Avatar

Tadashi Ryoga

Post by Tadashi Ryoga on May 23, 2022 11:59:51 GMT -5

Lyoga ears flicked as he turned his head towards the point Hibano had signaled. A small frown formed on his usually confident grin. "It's gonna be tight." He stated, kicking behind him without any warning, smacking an attacking dog. Now that all the civilians were out of the picture, the other five parts of the fox were able to each one engage a small group of bad guys each, which meant that the Lyoga currently interacting with the fullbringer could finally react to things the other foxes were seeing in addition to his own. "If only we had someone who could deal with the flames..." Lyoga2 stated as he hopped by, retreating from a charging dog.

Lyoga hugged Hibano and pulled him away from falling flaming debris. By now the sword wielding boy seemed much more used to teleportation, so the kitsune could be a bit more liberal with his movements. "Okay. Here's the plan." The white fox stated, looking at the burning building, the other copies chiming in too one by one as they managed to free themselves from attackes and naturally surrounding Hibano so that the boy would be protected, even though he didn't really need it. It was more of a...instinctual thing.

"We can either risk an assault and charge in there-"
"-while the building is in flames."
"Or we could also just destroy it now and deny the dogs their nest."
"City will probably demolish it anyway. And worst comes to worst-"
"-I'll pay for the rebuild costs."

"In any case, fighting in open field might help not get surrounded by fire and maybe lure the cause somewhere safe where we can snuff it out." Lyoga concluded, looking at Hibano for validation.

GAME MASTER

Wandenreich - Soldat

Hibano Avatar

Hibano

Post by Hibano on May 24, 2022 7:37:41 GMT -5

Hibano

Thankfully, the flames spewed out by the hell hounds did not strike Hibano directly - however, the smoke and the intense heat still forced the Fullbringer to raise his arms, shielding himself. Lyoga grabbed him and pushed him away as soon as the flames got any nearer, and Hibano stepped forth to take down more of the charging hell hounds in the aftermath. Holding up his blade horizontally, he parried one of their charges and immediately swung back, cleaving the creature in half.

After the first swing, Hibano moved from inertia, dicing up the hell hound's partner with a sideways swipe, and grabbed a third hound by the throat. It got slammed to the ground and then tossed to the air, where it was sliced to several pieces.

However, the Fullbringer knew by now that this was merely a delaying measure. Hell, he wasn't sure if any of the creatures were actually dying to the attacks. For all they knew, they might just get disembodied and then reformed from whatever device was spawning them. So, he and the Lyoga squad began devising plans how to deal with the building. Here, the fox-like clones raised a good point - ultimately, there was no reason to keep the burning building standing, it has been damaged so thoroughly that nothing alive was likely left inside and the city authorities will destroy it anyway - the teen even offered to pay for the costs, which caught Hibano in surprise. Perhaps he came from a rich family?

"...right. Let's do that, then," Hibano answered, then briefly glanced to the fire, considering their options. Even at his base form, he can cut through walls with ease, but it'd be ridiculous to go in there sword swinging and trying to break the foundations. Unless...

"Crazy idea," he suddenly turned to the Lyogas. "Let's do a human railgun."

Hibano leapt up, past the flames across the street, and landed atop the school on the opposite side of the burning building. "Since you all can teleport pretty much instantaneously and anywhere in the battlefield, I think this might work. I'll launch myself forward, and you teleport after me, pushing and tossing me forward one after another as fast as we can, to propel me right at the building with as much energy as we can," Having realized how ridiculous the plan sounds after explaining it, Hibano began to defend himself immediately. "-it won't break me or anything, no. Might hurt a little, but I can take it - and I'll slash the building apart so quickly that it shouldn't even touch me. Ready?"

Once given the green light, Hibano focused on the blade in his sheath and launched himself forth with a Bringer Light technique - and then was suddenly propelled to enormous speeds. Even with his superhuman reflexes, he had to draw his sword almost immediately and begin slashing - cleaving through the rubble and walls with ease, dousing the flames with the enormous windfall, and finally making a rough, rolling landing in the small urban park behind the building. The structure of the building was broken entirely and it fell apart - only for the smouldering debris to suddenly be blown apart by a powerful howl.

A larger, more threatening hell hound, with a fiery mane, had been inside of the building, surrounded by over a dozen hounds. They stepped out of the rubble, approaching the Lyoga clones.

PLAYER

Tadashi Ryoga Avatar

Tadashi Ryoga

Post by Tadashi Ryoga on May 31, 2022 18:16:26 GMT -5

Lyoga-3 turned his head towards the fullbringer at the sound of his crazy plan but nodded. They had been dragged into the same mess together, thus he needed to trust in him as much as he trusted in the wird bundles of mischief currently cuddled close to him to shield the raven haired boy from the fire and the enemies.

"Human railgun, got it!" Lyoga-2 repeated, hoping the guy could really handle it. "Please please please no other suicidal plans ok? I'm trusting you with this one." Lyoga-2 added, expressing a modicum of concern. Within the fox hybrid, the original soul of the redhead would feel bad if harm was cause to his ally for his action.

The plan was a smashing hit, quite literally, as the swordsman cleaved the thing in half first go, revealing the big bad guy within. It was a larger beast, the alfa without a doubt and the thing they had to deal with to put the fire to rest.

"That's the big guy alright." Lyoga-4 confirmed, all the while Lyoga-2 and Lyoga-6 were the first to engage the smaller hounds to distract them from the main event.

Lyoga, the original one, popped up beside the fullbringer, tip tapping closer and helping the guy up. For good measure, the Fox shared a little bit of his reishi with Hibano, in order to have him shake off the hard landing. I the few moments of respite, the fulbringer was offered Lyoga's handpaw to grasp.

"Hand. And look me in the eyes." He stated, clearly up to something but without the time to explain. "I trusted you, you trust me. Hand." He would add. If Hibano were to finally allow the fox a shake, he'd feel a sudden itchy sensation on the back of his palm, where a red sigil would form. It depicted a stylized foxhead with two tails entwined between them. If he also were to briefly lock eyes as Lyoga asked, a shudder would run from his head to toes, followed by a moment of light-headedness. However, the fullbringer would be able to feel Lyoga's presence slip into in his mind, as well as instantly become aware he could now telepathically speak with the other Lyogas and the sigil on his hand would allow the six foxes to use their teleportation tricks on him without the need of physical contact.

Once again, the original Lyoga assumed a defensive stance as it moved between Hibano and the big dog. "That one in the middle looks like the boss guy. Any idea on how to get it under control?"

GAME MASTER

Wandenreich - Soldat

Hibano Avatar

Hibano

Post by Hibano on Jun 2, 2022 4:22:52 GMT -5

Hibano

After the rather rough landing, Hibano started pulling himself back onto his feet, and was then helped up by one of the Lyoga clones, who appeared in front of the Fullbringer to get him back to the fight. Before Hibano could charge at the leader of the hellhound pack, however, Lyoga suddenly stopped him.

"-Huh?"

Lyoga was insistent, however - if he could trust Hibano and his idea of a human railgun, then he has to trust Lyoga too. "I-Okay..." he muttered and accepted the Quincy's paw, immediately realizing the effects. Voices were now speaking in his head, all of them from Lyoga's numerous clones - it took a while to get used to, and was almost nauseating at first, forcing Hibano to quickly lean his hand on the nearest wall to keep himself stable until he regained his footing.

"You could have warned me, at least..." he briefly complained and raised his sword. After a teleport, he stood before the gigantic hellish beast, which, disturbed of its hiding place, was now ominously stepping forth, spewing fire from its mane as it went, and was surrounded by Lyogas from every turn. For now, Hibano did not have a plan - but, he figured he could come up with something as the fight evolved.

The fullbringer lowered his sword and gripped it with one hand to move to an offensive stance, then lunged forth, opening with a wide sweep and following up with several thrusts, each forcing the hell hound backwards a little - however, each of the attacks also deflected off its paws and legs, failing to break through the skin. The hound sent down its claw in response, forcing Hibano to take a step back and raise his sword overhead to parry. The Asauchi blocked the blow, but the sheer force behind it pushed him back several meters.

"Its limbs are coated in something strong enough to block my blows, but I don't think the core is as strongly shielded," he yelled to the telepathic connection. The hound pack leader opened its maw and began firing off balls of fire, aiming at both Hibano and the Lyoga clones. "I need you to get a hold of all its limbs, quick!"

PLAYER

Tadashi Ryoga Avatar

Tadashi Ryoga

Post by Tadashi Ryoga on Jun 2, 2022 4:57:27 GMT -5

Lyoga wasn't surprised to see Hibano stumble the moment he was connected to their little circus. "We had no time, sorry." He apologised in his mind. "It's just faster to talk this way, my thoughts are your thoughts and viceversa."

The other foxes had dispatched the smaller hounds, thus leaving only the big boi standing. The fullbringer was as usual helped close the gap on the target by the kitsune, but this time he failed to produce any results. The hide of the monster was too tough and Hibano's sword was deflected multiple times.

Lyoga-4 switched his position with Hib, taking care of the followup attack coming down on the fullbringer fater the first was parried with a high block. Naturally, the fireballs wouldn't be much of a problem for either of them as the Lyogas would be able to teleport out of the way and Hib could now choose to either teleport to or switch position with any of the white blurs. A feeling of agreement would wash over the group as the Lyogas quickly moved in to give Hibano's plan a shot. Immobilizing the beast was going to be a little tough but the kitsune had one more trick they could use. The six's reiatsu signature skyrocketed, quadrupling in strenght in a simple heartbeat. The Lyogas converged around Hib, their confident grins directed at the enemy who was about to get taken care of.

The clones began going at the beast, but even with their increased power their claws failed to leave a mark on the hound. That was slightly disconcering but expected. Lyoga sighed, popping up next to Hibano and placing his right paw on the flat of his blade. "You get one shot at this." He stated in his mind as the blade started to glow in a bluish glow. "This kind of reishi is dangerous and it harms the environment, I do not think I have the strenght to charge you again."

Tapping into his quincy blood, Lyoga began draining the atmosphere of its ambient reishi. He quickly converted it into the poisonous reishi quincy were known to use and coated Hibby's blade with it. The blue glow intensified more and more. "This thing erases shit from existance, don't go swinging your sword around unless you KNOW you're going to hit your intended target." Lyoga warned the swordsman about what exactly he was wielding. The sword wass now glowing so much it ignited with blue flames: Ryoga's signature quincy energy.

Lyoga stumbled back slightly, it was clear that charging the sword took a considerable amount of effort. He would be able to compose himself a while later but he still looked kind of winded. He quickly hopped close to the fullbringer and booped his nose with a mischievous grin on his face. "Remember, one shot only hero boy, time to pull out your ultimate anime attack."

With that telepathically said, the fox disappeared and went on to help the others restrain the beast. It was now Hibby's moment to shine. They could probably afford him just a couple of seconds to strike the target, thus two seconds was all the time he would get to pull it off. He would have to mentally signal them when he was ready to strike so that one Lyoga would get into position and allow Hibano to switch places with them to hopefully end the fight for good.
Last Edit: Jun 2, 2022 5:12:24 GMT -5 by Tadashi Ryoga

GAME MASTER

Wandenreich - Soldat

Hibano Avatar

Hibano

Post by Hibano on Jun 3, 2022 12:27:39 GMT -5

Hibano

(RULES OF NATURE!)

After unleashing the fireball assault, and witnessing it be completely ineffective, the pack leader of the hell hounds made a leap back across the burning rubble of the building. It released a howl which summoned even more hell hounds, each one hopping out of its fiery mane like a portal. Eventually, it was going to overwhelm the Quincy and Fullbringer - their teleportation could only keep them out of danger for so long, and unlike them, the hounds did not seem to ever tire.

Lyoga had a last resort solution himself - suddenly, he touched Hibano's blade, gripping it in his palms and imbuing it with his power. From the way it felt, it was clearly a Quincy Reishi - and it seeped into the edge of the blade, giving it a light blue, fiery glow.

"I-uh..." Hibano muttered. His original plan was to tap into Soul Fusion and straight up overpower the creature, but if Lyoga's promise of this power being enough to "erase shit from existence" was true, then he was not going to need Soul Fusion, and could finish the fight in just his base form. It was going to need him to reconsider how he was going to attack on the fly, but, still.

"Let's go!" he yelled and ran forth right after the Lyogas teleported away, briefly sheathing the sword to not waste its one-use power on a passing rock or one of the smaller dogs. Those would suddenly get blasted away by a surprise foot swing or punch across their jaws whenever they got too close. Hibano rapidly gained speed, aiming to lunge at the enormous beast while its limbs were still pinned down and cleave it in half, his hand reaching towards the grip of his blade and ready to draw at any time.

Suddenly, the hold of one of the Lyoga clones over the pack leader's right leg loosened faster than normal, and, with a roar, the creature sent it down at Hibano. The Fullbringer grit his teeth, stood his ground and drew his blade - the enormous mass of the paw slammed down at the sword with a powerful slam, whipping up a shockwave rolling across the ruins and tearing down pieces of the building's broken wall around them. Not only was Hibano not blown away, however, he held his ground and suddenly shifted his sword for his arms, grabbing a hold over the creature's leg.

"Everyone, let go!" he suddenly yelled into the telepathic link, and, with all of his strength, pulled the pack leader over his shoulder to toss him into the air. "Now! One of you! Leap over him!" That way, he can teleport right above the enormous hellhound while it was still helplessly flailing in mid-air.

Above, soaring through the sky like a bird, Hibano launched himself forth with a Bringer Light technique and slammed his sword down at the pack leader's skull - then, after some struggle, pulled the blade across the entire length of the body, running across the back of the creature and deepening the cleave.

Until, finally, with one last victorious swing, the Fullbringer leapt above, now with two cleaved halves of a giant hellhound behind him. They fell to the ground and disintegrated into Reishi particles, while Hibano himself, caught by gravity once again, was now free falling towards the street.

PLAYER

Tadashi Ryoga Avatar

Tadashi Ryoga

Post by Tadashi Ryoga on Jun 3, 2022 13:18:58 GMT -5

Lyoga couldn't help but grin, seeing as the boy leaped into action and with some help from him managed to cleave the hound in half and send it to the shadow realm for good. The only problem was that they guy was now falling. Lyoga-2 and Lyoga-5 slid on the grass and got into a kneeling position, ready to boost Lyoga-3 up high in the air while Lyoga, Lyoga-4 and Lyoga-6 were ready to catch the two falling boys.

The Lyoga clone flipped in the air and cuddled himself to Hibano, booping his nose with his own and snikering. "Fancy attack you got there. Good thing I'm here to catch you before you eat dirt." The fox stated, shielding hibano from the fall and effortlessly got caught by the others while holding onto the fullbringer.

The Lyoga clone would allow Hibano to stand back up on his own, while the others got ready to dispatch the remaining hounds but finding them running away or straight up disappearing. Seeing as the situation was now under control, the clones all bunched up together around the original Lyoga and merged back into the original, restoring the Kitsune to his former glory. Happily waving his six tails around, the white fox decided to take a good breather and sit down on the grass. While he was glad he was back to being one single entity, the fighting and the cloning had drained him quite heavily, even though he didn't want to show it to Hibano. Too tired to keep his mind-link with the raven haired swordsman, Hibano would feel himself slipping away from the Kitsune's mind as things went back to normal. Even the fox mark on his hand lost some shine and half faded away.

"Well...there's that." Lyoga said, catching his breath. "I...guess I should thank you for helping me fight that thing...and giving me time to transform. So...well. Thank you."