Bleach Hereafter RPG

Ol' Bench Of the Kench [Open]

Player

I have nothing to say.

Enfermizo Avatar

Enfermizo

Post by Enfermizo on Jul 15, 2022 18:27:26 GMT -5

Both Leonina and Cole would confirm that the smoldering husk before them was just a decoy to lure the three of them away. A rueful smirk spread across the Gnollson’s lips at the mention of this Hollow being an Adjuchas class. The Arrancar would gaze up in thought, wondering just how to answer Cole’s question. An Adjuchas were a rare breed, in fact – should what Cole theorize be true then this might be the first time Mizo had ever came in contact with one.

“It’ll want to do what any of us want I reckon.”
 Mizo walked over to the husk and knelt down to examine it. “To eat and if that boy is an Adjuchas then he ain’t got no choice but to eat its fill ‘less it end up a Gillian by the end of the day.” During the days before he removed his own mask, the Gnollson could remember that burning emptiness that ravaged his form and consumed his mind but there was still an instinct, an instinct to survive - an instinct to thrive. This was something all Hollows share to a degree.

So why didn’t that Hollow want to eat the trio? If it was an Adjuchas, then it could easily make a quick meal out of the three of them since they were basically akin to a Soul Reaper Captain. “Our boy might be thinkin’ ahead a bit.” Mizo muttered. “From what I remember, that Hollow has been holed down there for a while and eatin’ well. Now don’t quote me on this but I’d guess it don’t want to much heat on it when it dines. Killin’ a human soul or two along with maybe the wild life around here can make it look like any other animal as long as it don’t poke out it’s actual head. Snackin’ on a Quincy or Reaper or both however - that’s just askin’ for trouble.” Leonina had brought up using Pesquisa, which was something that caught Mizo by surprise. Just how much do these white coats know about Arrancar abilities anyway?

“I can certainly try lil' lady.” The Gnollson snapped his fingers and at the tip of the index was a twinkling orange star that would then be buried into the earth. Every sense on the Gnollson shifts like a fish aware of the water for the first time. In this “water”, Mizo could feel the natural flow of reiatsu and it’s warmth flow around him and tickled his senses to cause his tail to sway in delight. All up until that once serene flow suddenly turn cold and with it, a clawing nausea. “Found ya.” Mizo stood up straight while whipping his hand against the back of his pants.

“Now since I like to fancy myself as a soul of unimpeachable character, I gotta warn ya'll that the closer we get to our veg platter, the angrier it will be. Y’all really think the three of us can take down a whole Adjuchas or do ya think you two smart folk can conjure us up a plan before I take you there?”

Player

I have nothing to say.

Cole Avatar

Cole

Post by Cole on Jul 16, 2022 19:07:31 GMT -5

Cole raised an eyebrow at Leonina's statement as well; she knew there was some...animosity, to say the least, between the forces of Hueco Mundo and the Quincy. The knowledge of that sort of ability seemed unusual, and even seemed to surprise the Arrancar.

It certainly gave Cole information about both the Quincy and Arrancar that he didn't have a moment ago. So that was always nice.

He shook his head after the evolved hollow tracked down his kin with the ability, "I'm all for protecting the innocents and all that, but I already died once; I'm in no hurry to do it again. My 'plan' would be calling for backup, which, as previously mentioned, probably wouldn't result in the best outcome for you two."

The man thought for a moment, racking his brain for an answer to the problem; then gave a slight shrug at Enfermizo, "I don't know for sure, I'm just theorizing about it being an Adjuchas. Did your...pesquisa, was it? Did it give you any indication as to the actual strength of this creature? I suppose it could be an Arrancar like you, or even something more like an antlion-hollow.  If it didn't have a plan and limit it's hunting."

The shinigami paused, raising an eyebrow at the Arrancar, something about his phrasing didn't quite sit well with him, "Also, before we do anything stupid, could you elaborate on that 'remember' bit?"

Had he been sent here by some other Arrancar to hunt this thing? Remember seemed to imply that wasn't just him stalking the thing, but getting a briefing or hearing about it elsewhere.

PLAYER

I have nothing to say.

Anastasia Dammerung Avatar

Anastasia Dammerung

Post by Anastasia Dammerung on Jul 18, 2022 7:40:26 GMT -5

Both the Shinigami and the Arrancar appeared to be surprised at Leonina's knowledge of Pesquisa, to which the teenage Quincy simply shrugged and winked.

"The Quincy general policy is 'know thy enemy', and while I personally don't have anything against the other races, it aligns with my own policy of 'know as much as possible'."

The explanation seemed to satisfy the two others, and Mizo would in fact use said technique to locate the Hollow. However, they would once again express their doubts on whether the three of them could take down the Hollow without backup.

"I'm all for protecting the innocents and all that, but I already died once; I'm in no hurry to do it again. My 'plan' would be calling for backup, which, as previously mentioned, probably wouldn't result in the best outcome for you two."

"Same here Mr. Cole," Leonina replied. "Any squad sent to retrieve me would most certainly open fire upon both of you on sight, especially considering how messed-up my hair and dress look right now. If we can't come up with a plan, I'm all for going home and letting the Shinigami handle this. After all, my plan was simply to stall the both of you until my Quincy Cross recharged, which it already has."

While Leonina did have half a mind to retreat using her portal and simply go home to Italy or Schatten Bereich, her adventurous side, which was steadily losing the battle of wills, wanted to see exactly what kind of Hollow that was as well as the full extent of its abilities. Still, she had one more backup plan.

"This Hollow clearly has the ability to manipulate plant life and decay, which means fire-type abilities would have an advantage over it. While it's not like I can't turn my tech into flamethrowers, I did promise not to deal the final blow. Fortunately, if we're gonna be calling for backup anyway, I do know how to contact a person with such a powerset who could help. There's a spiritually aware person who streams his games on the internet, and if my intelligence is correct, he's also the same Shinigami who set fire to that city block in Japan, and that park in New York while fighting unidentified demonic entities. He's also been spotted near a hotel in Chicago that's owned by a Quincy family, where he presumably had quite peaceful dealings with them. Also, it appears that he's an officer assigned to the Americas, so he may be on patrol as we speak."

"So, how about it? My parents are probably worried sick by now, and I can't take much more of being messy."
Last Edit: Jul 18, 2022 7:40:49 GMT -5 by Anastasia Dammerung

Player

I have nothing to say.

Enfermizo Avatar

Enfermizo

Post by Enfermizo on Jul 19, 2022 14:39:31 GMT -5

The young Quincy’s response wasn’t something that Mizo could really argue with. Unlike the Reaper’s, the white coats were always a bit more radical in attitude towards him and his kind. So it’d make sense that some of them would have knowledge of a Hollow’s shared abilities – Arrancars included. “Well I’d chalk that down as noted then Missy.” The location of the Hollow was revealed and now it was time for another plan. Cole had asked the Gnollson if he could gauge the precise strength of the menace underground in which the Arrancar frown while shaking his head.

“It’s doin’ a fine job of hidin’ most of it’s power. I couldn’t tell how big that boy is but only an Arrancar or a high level Hollow would have the sense to pull that off. Also, most Arrancar havin’ finally got a firm grasp on their heads ain’t too particular ‘bout sloggin’ through the dirt when they could just be sippin’ mint juleps on a recliner like some uppity ass rich folk. Uh... no offense Leonina, Darlin.” 

Both Leonina and Cole brought up a similar issue. Neither would be dumb enough to engage with anything that can dice them like fine celery – something the Gnollson himself could very well agree with and if they were dedicated to stopping his Hollow kin then it’ll have to be with aid from their respective factions.

“Mmhm. Now I hear y’all but what if one of you called the cavalry and the other two of us book it like chickens wit’ our head cut off? All we gotta do is unearth the damn thang and let it’s beacon of spiritual pressure take care of itself.” The Gnollson would ask in thought.

True, the hunt itself was exciting and the prospect of it being a big fish of a prey was even more enticing. So enticing that there was a slip of a tongue that Cole had quickly picked up on. Shit. “Well I did say I was ‘ere for a reason when y’all dropped on by, didn’t I?” Giving the circumstances, Mizo couldn’t just say he was hunting a woman’s soul and just heard he was encroaching on another Hollow’s territory while doing so could he? “I was sent here to see just what Hollow was down here and if it’s huntin’ would cause an issue for my own family back in Hueco Mundo. Basically, everything we learned now I’m suppose to take back to home sweet home but as I learn more I’d reckon that just learnin’ ain’t enough.” The Arrancar lied with a dutiful look on his face to seem sincere.

Player

I have nothing to say.

Cole Avatar

Cole

Post by Cole on Jul 22, 2022 21:16:53 GMT -5

Cole turned the raised eyebrow on Leonina, he knew who the woman was talking about; he had a strange mission-vacation with Rekka's squad, and got to know all of them at least a little.  The fact that he was a Shinigami who even understood the concept of streaming meant they had a long conversation about it.  He was fairly certain the only reason that he was even getting away with it was because most of the Gotei 13 thought e-mail was less reliable than sending someone a damn butterfly.  Really, it was no wonder he was plowing ahead with so many discoveries about the nature of kidō; the inertia in the Shinigami ranks was not one of rapid development.

"How do you even kno--" Cole shook his head, "Nevermind, I don't want to know." Rekka and his team had some stuff going on that Cole felt he might be better off staying out of for now.

He looked at Enfermizo, could he call backup as well?  Was this going to end up with some sort of Mexican standoff?  "So your family knows--" Cole cocked his head, as the cacophony from his zanapakuto once again resolved into words in his head. 'Free time'  Huh.  He had never really made out any clear words before today, but now it had happened twice in as many minutes.  Was that going to be a normal occurrence now?  The occasional words bubbling to the front for no appa--

Free time.  The Shinigami's eyes narrowed in suspicion, "Actually, as I recall, what you actually told us is you were in your free time."

Well, that was awkward, wasn't it?
Last Edit: Jul 22, 2022 21:45:59 GMT -5 by Cole

PLAYER

I have nothing to say.

Anastasia Dammerung

Post by Anastasia Dammerung on Jul 22, 2022 22:52:15 GMT -5

"Nevermind, I don't want to know."

"Too late, I grew tired of the insane slow burn in this thread. Or rather, Prime did and sent me since he's not allowed to join."  The strangely familiar voice seemed to come out of thin air, until said thin air split open into a portal from which a very familiar Shinigami walked out. But at the same time, it wasn't.

This version of Hageshi Rekka was wearing a black tank top and leggings, with some kind of vest over it and his red cape wrapped around his waist instead of his shoulders. Like his somewhat wilder hair, so felt his Reiatsu, to differentiate from the Prime, as well as a slightly different hat.

"I'm Hageshi Rekka, but not the one you know. I'm from a different timeline than this one," he explained. "And as it were, I'm backup."

Leonina on the other hand was thrilled, and the following words were what could be translated from her fangirling. "So the multiverse exists? How do you travel between timelines? What's it like in the parallel realities?"

This would go on for some time until Rekka gave the young Quincy a headpat. "We know frighteningly little about the multiverse, Leonina. But if you want to know more, finding Janus Verus in Sicily might help."

However, while this was happening, Cole spotted an inconsistency in Enfermizo's statements. Interesting. Why was he here, really?

"Interesting. So, Mr. Mizo, why are you here, really?" Leonina leaned in and asked.

"And if nothing significant happens in the next two rounds, I'm either to report back to Prime and call in a squad from 9th, or deal with the Hollow myself." the alternate Rekka added.

Player

I have nothing to say.

Enfermizo Avatar

Enfermizo

Post by Enfermizo on Jul 23, 2022 5:35:43 GMT -5

This was a fuck up. Big time. Cole had picked up on something off and now he was a dog with a bone, sniffing after what other inconsistencies that water falls out Mizo’s mouth. Also, “free time” did the Gnollson really say that? Shit. It’s always a slippery slope keeping up with lies but there was no way that the Arrancar would say something that can so easily tangle him up! Right? Whatever. Fuck it! Enfermizo was doubling down! Although his smile shrank, the Arrancar was just about to reply before his ears perked up again when single rippling crack tore through the fabric of space and time sending wind blow fiercely from some portal opening.

The Arrancar would brace himself in the midst of this sudden arrival before he lowered his arms to see someone new before him. The gravity seemed to skyrocket from the spiritual pressure of this new arrival. Just what in the sam f*ckin’ hill is today!? Multi-dimensions? What? The Gnollson found himself frowning but felt like it couldn’t be helped given the pressure these new developments had put him in. This Higashi Rekka had leaned in on Mizo and was questioning him about just what was the reason he was here in Mississippi. Keeping his frown and his gaze on this new Soul Reaper before he spoke.

“Cole ol’ boy…” He began calmly. “I see that your head may be clockin’ overtime a bit. I believe I told ya both that I had business here when y’all so unceremoniously dropped from outta nowhere. Why would any Hollow in it’s right mind be ‘ere on they free time?” Mizo stared at Rekka. This Reaper was clearly strong – strong enough that escape may not even be possible with her compared to the other two. So pissing her off was a no-no but telling her the truth just wasn’t happening either.

“Rekka, ma’am, with all due respect, if you wanna kill that Hollow then be my guest. My job here is technically, already done. As a matter of fact, the only reason I am still ‘ere is to help y’all out.” Enfermizo explained switching his index finger between Cole and Leonina. “Sure’ y’all may not kill the thang but I’m sure there is some commendation y’all can get for orchestratin' the demise of something way above y’all weight class. Maybe even help sweep the mysterious reason of why y’all popped up ‘ere in the first place under the rug too.“ The Arrancar then raised his hands as if in surrender.

“But if y’all are thinkin’ of accusin’ me of somethin’ I ain’t do. Then I’m just gonna exit stage left and y’all can handle this business on y’all own.” He concluded with a savvy snap of his fingers and a gesture away from the group.

Player

I have nothing to say.

Cole Avatar

Cole

Post by Cole on Jul 26, 2022 9:36:24 GMT -5

Well, whatever chance he had to get any sort of truth from Enfermizo was long gone with the appearance of the powerful Shinigami.  The fact that he even stuck around for more than a second rather than just booking it was credit to either his bravery or poor judgement.

Cole looked at Rekka with a questioning look. Even if he hadn't spent time with the man and his team in the hot spring, there were lots of rumors about the third seat. Some were basically known as fact, such that his appearance shifted depending on the release state of his zanpakuto. But there were other rumors about the man, and the nonsense he was spouting confirmed the most common rumor.

That rumor, of course, was that he had lost his goddamn mind.

Not that Cole was about to say this; he didn't think this Rekka was some alternate timeline multiverse nonsense that the mad Shinigami had decided to claim. While he had thought the young Quincy had some brains, Leoninia's rapidity to accept these ranting as as fact also tossed her intelligence into question.  His talk of rounds and threads sounded like the madman thought this was some sort of game.

He shook his head at the Quincy and the Arrancar, "This is the third seat of the ninth division, he's unlocked the full power of his Zanpakuto, and can almost certainly deal with this Hollow alone.  It would probably be prudent for both of you to return to your respective homes; I apologize for the inconvenience."

PLAYER

I have nothing to say.

Anastasia Dammerung

Post by Anastasia Dammerung on Jul 26, 2022 17:46:47 GMT -5

From what Leonina saw, Cole seemed to be at best doubtful of the new arrival, and Mizo, well, looked like he would rather be literally anywhere else. However, the young Quincy did happen to have found a Janus Verus on file exactly where this Rekka said she would be, and the report was... bizarre, to say the least. On the other hand, Alternate Rekka was also looking quizzically at Enfermizo after being addressed.

"Sorry, but I'm a dude." the Rekka would say, before noticing that his body was flickering in and out of existence. "Welp, looks like I can only stay here for so long. Besides, this world's Sora Walker will be here shortly, and Prime will take care of the Hollow shortly after I leave."

Having finished his sentence, Alternate Rekka dissolved into embers and vanished before everyone's eyes. It would feel, even to the skeptical Cole, that this Rekka truly had vanished from this world and returned home to his own timeline, rather than it being this world's Rekka who had simply gone crazy (not that he hadn't).

Shortly after that, Sora Walker would emerge from a proper Senkaimon. "Hello there, Mr. Cole, I'm here to pick you up. By the way, did you like Master Rekka's Bankai? I had no idea he could summon copies like that."

"Wait, some Bankais can actually do that?" Leonina was intrigued yet again. "It does make more sense if it's a Bankai ability, but that's a pretty unique Bankai even then. Anyway I'm going home. Nice meeting all of you!"

"Arrivederci."

As Leonina opened her portal and said goodbye, reality warped slightly, and her voice came off as Yuichi Nakamura's.

"Huh, what was that distortion... (fading Italian mumbling)"

Player

I have nothing to say.

Enfermizo Avatar

Enfermizo

Post by Enfermizo on Aug 1, 2022 12:58:14 GMT -5

Given everything that had taken place from the slip-up to the supposed inter-dimensional traveller, the fact that Rekka wasn’t a woman sort of put the cherry on the Arrancar’s surprise meter. Mizo slumped his shoulders. “Oh. Good lord. Well alright… Sorry sir.” He said with a shrug. For all that was holy, some of these Soul Reaper’s really do look like they don’t eat nothin’ but crackers all they poor life. When Cole spoke up, Mizo curled his whip and fixed it behind his back. “Is that right Cole ol’ boy? Well in that case I’ll be takin’ yo’ word on that.” Ugh, thanks to that thick head and the brat, this has been a stressful time and in the end Mizo still wasn’t able to get his hands on that woman’s soul.

A part of him wanted to scurry off and snatch her before making the trip but the risk to reward was far to jarring for a fine pot of ox-tail. Whatever. There would always be next time when the heat simmered down into the temperature a bit more tolerable to work the ingredients. “In spite of the endin’, I gotta say that it was a bonefied time playin’ with you intellectual folk.” Then Gnollson reached into his pocket and pulled out a strange piece of what looked like calcified bone with odd engravings of some unknown language.

“Be seein' ya, ol’ boy.” The strange device emanated a glow that released a single pulse of energy that’d rippled through the air. Then, Mizo would air walk further up from above the trees as dimensional cracks, like in a damage crystal interlinked into a single tear of space. With a thunderous boom the section widens like a gaping maw and Mizo steps back into the gaping maw of unfathomable blackness that was behind him while the bone like catalyst would dissipate in his hand. A primal predatory glare would be fixed on Cole as the Garganta would close as if swallowing the hyena whole.

[Exit]

Player

I have nothing to say.

Cole Avatar

Cole

Post by Cole on Aug 1, 2022 16:07:13 GMT -5

Cole shook his head as he saw the white material; using material foci for any sort of transportation was risky business, it seemed. If that was a piece of hollow mask, it might have come from the same hollow; or maybe it was just similar enough that his own catalyst was connected. The fact that Leonina had a bit of amber and fur on her was obviously no coincidence either. The Shinigami smirked at the Arrancar's glare, seemingly unphased by the change in mannerism on the teenage face, "Not if I see you first, kid."

He turned to Rekka's teammate, rolling his shoulders with slight sigh of relief; he didn't have to do any fighting today, someone the appropriate weight class was coming to deal with the problem.  He smiled at Sora, "Like I told you at the spa; just Cole is fine. You outrank me and we're both American; no need for the formality. Not that it's my place to say; but I'd set someone to watch this area even after Rekka deals with the hollow lurking around here. I get the distinct impression that Arrancar was up to something; no way he'd be able to deal with that hollow on his own."

He scooped down and picked up a clump of dirt, unceremoniously dumping it in a pocket. If he wanted to get back to this specific location, there probably wasn't a much better focus than that. Maybe he could do it without drawing in other random individuals. Just had to be more careful with the components. He started towards the Senkaimon, still standing open behind Sora, and began making small talk with the man, "I appreciate the pickup.  Oh, that reminds me; did you ever see Rogue One?"

~OUT~

PLAYER

I have nothing to say.

Anastasia Dammerung

Post by Anastasia Dammerung on Aug 1, 2022 19:52:25 GMT -5

"Like I told you at the spa; just Cole is fine. You outrank me and we're both American; no need for the formality. Not that it's my place to say; but I'd set someone to watch this area even after Rekka deals with the hollow lurking around here. I get the distinct impression that Arrancar was up to something; no way he'd be able to deal with that hollow on his own."

"My apologies, Cole," Sora corrected himself. "It's something I picked up after dying, and I'm no officer. But sure, we'll place this location under guard for some time. For all we know, it could have been a trap."

The 9th Division member shook his head. "There's no way this heavily vegetated area would be a safe place for Master Rekka to release."

"I appreciate the pickup. Oh, that reminds me; did you ever see Rogue One?"

"No problem. Though I'm wondering how you got stuck here to begin with..." said Sora. "Eh? Rogue One? I died some years before that, but I watched it with my squad. Really good movie. It had Osaka folding origami X-Wings and hammerhead corvettes for a week, and even Enmado wanted to do Darth Vader's moves. I was more than happy to oblige, of course."

With that, Sora led Cole into the Senkaimon, which, after the two entered, this world's Rekka and a number of unseated 9th Division members exited.

"I'm going after the Hollow. Prioritize civilian safety and damage control."

The squad did as they were told, and Rekka went after the Hollow. He came back about an hour later having vanquished the creature, but with a sizable bump on his head.

"I have the feeling I forgot something very important but that I shouldn't have known in the first place. Good job, team! There wasn't even a fire this time!"

Rekka has forgotten that he is in a roleplay forum.
Last Edit: Aug 1, 2022 19:53:06 GMT -5 by Anastasia Dammerung