Bleach Hereafter RPG

Ol' Bench Of the Kench [Open]

Player

I have nothing to say.

Enfermizo Avatar

Enfermizo

Post by Enfermizo on May 21, 2022 6:56:56 GMT -5

A farmer, garbed in overalls over a white shirt, leans on a hoe and pitches a broad brimmed hat back to mop the sweat off of his brow. The acres sprawl in either direction, tilled fields as far as the eye can see here in the outskirts of Mississippi. The soil was rich and loamy, and the earthy smell wafts into the nostrils with ease thanks to the warm breeze. Soon, green will sprout, crops will rise and a harvest will be had - but now, only toil - or at least for those animals minding their work.

For the Gnoll-son however, he was sitting pretty on the edge of a thickly thatched roof that was near the ground; watching the farmer with a cold cunning in his eyes. Mizo here was watching this soul-bag for a while now. The man had a wife and a bunch of farm hands that, at the moment, was on break. Damn shame that not a single one of them could see him – well, not most.

There have been more than a few soul-bags that Mizo hasn’t taken of note of yet. Although he had to admit, trying to do so was tedious but that’s just how things had to be when preparing a fine meal. So that was what was on the Gnoll-son’s agenda today; finish tallying the cattle before he starts doing his own harvesting.

Mizo pulled out a small notepad he had in his sash with a pen in the spine. He flipped it open and on it was data on the names of the farm’s occupants, times they move about on the farm and the most important fact, if anyone had the spice that the Gnoll-son was looking for. So far there was one who did have that unique taste – the wife, as that soul-bag had been sniffing after one of the farm hands when her husband isn’t looking. It was kind of funny at how thick the head farmer was to what was really going on but you can’t blame a male cow for being that honest and stupid. All the more reason to get this tally work done so Mizo can do that hard-working bull a favor.
Last Edit: May 24, 2022 10:57:04 GMT -5 by Enfermizo

Player

I have nothing to say.

Cole Avatar

Cole

Post by Cole on May 23, 2022 20:16:52 GMT -5

In a nondescript training grounds in seireitei, Cole was making furious notes in practically illegible handwriting, made even more illegible by his constant use of shorthand and abbreviations. Similarly unintelligible was his zanpakuto muttering in dozens of different voices in the back of his head. He himself was wired up with a few devices to carefully monitor and control reiatsu output, and glanced at a monitor hooked to numerous sensors on a target. The evidence was fairly clear, even with a basic spell like byakurai.

Just willing the bolt of lightning into existence worked, but it was relatively weak. Weakly pointing, stronger. Pointing with arm outstretched, stronger still. Declaring the name of the spell, even stronger. Performing the full incantation, with arm outstretched, was considered a “full strength” byakurai.

And that’s about where they stopped; because tradition. The seated officers in his squad were generally happy to sit back and use tradition as an excuse to not try new things. But there were other traditions that didn’t originate in the east that had some supporting evidence as well. He had managed to acquire some supplies for these experiments, a small bit of animal hide and some amber; a historic way to generate static electricity. A material focus. As he incanted the spell, he rubbed the cloth and hide against each other.

The shinigami checked the measurements, and let out a small whoop. He had used the same amount of reishi, but the other measurements were even higher than the “full strength.” He practiced this with several other methods from hermetic, shamanistic, and other traditions. Each was met with varying degrees of success, but all of the ones that he felt were promising actually resulted in varying increases in output.

He frowned at this as he looked over the results, “Kidō is based on turning your will and reishi into tangible effects. While these results are promising, the will aspect may literally be confirmation bias. It might well be a placebo type effect. I think it’ll work better, so it does.”

Cole laughed quietly as he realized he was talking to himself; he was noticing he had developed that as a bad habit. Sometimes, the nonsense from his zanpakuto made his mind too noisy, that saying things out loud was sometimes the only way to really hear his own thoughts. But it obviously wasn’t all a weird placebo effect, some higher power kidō, tenteikūra, for example, used geometric symbols and material foci. Had anyone tried applying those principles to other things?

As a member of the kido corps, Cole was occasionally on duty helping to run the senkaimon, and so he knew it required a tremendous amount of energy and focus. The more experienced shinigami in his squad could do it easily and by themselves, but they had been doing it for years, sometimes centuries. Tradition and practice were, of course, powerful in their own right. But what if they didn’t need to use the senkaimon?

But there was room for experimentation, and in that nondescript training ground, the rookie Shinigami drew a large circle. Within that circle he inscribed an equilateral triangle to represent the three major realms. At the tip of each triangle he placed a focus, a small shard of a hollow mask to represent Hueco Mundo, his shinigami uniform to represent Soul Society, and he put the amber and fur down at the last corner, to represent life and the mortal world. Then, he pricked his finger, and squeezed out three drops of blood opposite each of the triangle points.

It was promising when he stood in the center of the circle and felt a distinct tingle of energy. That wasn’t just something he imagined, he was on to something. He closed his eyes, trying to tune out the mumbling from his zanpakuto, and focused reishi into the circle. As he felt the energy building, he tried to think of a location he wanted to try to visit. Maybe his lab? His parents? As he prepared to release his energy, he gasped as he was hit by a sudden and strong sense of longing from his zanpakuto, and suddenly his nose was filled with the earthy smell of worked soil.

His eyes shot open, and he realized with sudden alarm he was no longer in Seireitei. He saw a few farm workers chatting with accents that placed him in the southern US…or possibly Mexico. At about that time, Cole realized that, perhaps unsurprisingly, his circle and foci had been left behind in Soul Society, and he had no easy way to return.

The shinigami stood there for a moment, overlong zanpakuto holstered on a backscabbard over jeans and a red button-down. He was on earth, invisible to mortals, and not entirely sure how to get back to Soul Society. And…he felt like someone was watching him, he turned in a slow circle, looking for the source of the feeling.
Last Edit: May 23, 2022 20:20:06 GMT -5 by Cole

PLAYER

I have nothing to say.

Anastasia Dammerung Avatar

Anastasia Dammerung

Post by Anastasia Dammerung on May 23, 2022 21:11:25 GMT -5

An alarm clock on a bedside table went off. After fumbling precisely twice, Leonina di Angelo smashed it with a metallic fist, promptly got up from bed, and swept the clock's pieces into the trash. She opened a drawer filled with neatly aligned, identical alarm clocks, grabbed the next one in the row, and placed it on the exact spot its predecessor had been.

This time, however, Leonina was staying over at her parents' Living World estate at their request, one of the few times she allowed herself to depart from her routine. Well of course, perfection included being a good daughter. And so, for today the petite youth spent the day at her old school as she had every visit ever since she graduated, teaching the kids simple science experiments. The students were for the most part enthusiastic, though most of them seemed to be more interested in Leonina's prosthetic arm.

As sunset approached, Leonina was packing up her materials, as her parents would be picking her up to have dinner in town. She was at the point of packing a strip of animal hide and a piece of amber, used for generating static electricity, when said materials spontaneously started generating arcs of lightning on their own and making the girl yell in surprise. One of the arcs hit the embedded Quincy Cross on her prosthetic, and she proceeded to vanish as the warp took her.

When Leonina came to, she was at the outskirts of some kind of American farm, which was confirmed by a quick view at her instruments. Ever since her accident, she had formulated and practiced emergency protocols in case of similar scenarios, which included her next step - contacting both her base and her family. She sent the message and immediately sprang into combat mode - she wasn't alone. Her mechanical arm remotely activated her backpack, which formed two massive clawed machine arms, each equipped with a spirit repulsor ray on its palm.

There was a Shinigami here somewhere, and a fairly powerful Hollow. Leonina would wait and see what both of them would do, and engage only if necessary.

Player

I have nothing to say.

Enfermizo Avatar

Enfermizo

Post by Enfermizo on May 24, 2022 11:47:16 GMT -5

The Gnollson’s ears suddenly perked. In fact his every sense shifted like a fish aware of the water around it for the first time. The once relatively stable flow of Reishi in the air had suddenly been altered but to what degree, Mizo wasn’t sure. Regardless, the Arrancar slipped his writing materials back into his back jean pocket and stood up with his eyes darting around to see where that sudden disturbance came from.

It didn’t take long for the Gnollson to step onto opposite side of the roof and caught sight of a man who looked to be around his thirties – give or take, in some casual wear with the exception of some sword around his hip. This impromptu guess could have been one of those Soul Reapers but with the way he was dressed, Mizo wasn’t entirely sure since he never saw one of those reapers without their uniform on or at least not when they aren’t in some kind of Gigai. The Arrancar narrowed his gaze, seeing that this man picked up his presence and so there was no point in hiding.

“Well I'll be damned!” Mizo announced as he squatted on the roof with a cheery smirk. “You look a lil’ lost there chief! Names's Enfermizo! How ya doin’? What’s a fine Soul Reapa’ like yourself doin’ all the way out here by the countryside?” The Arrancar’s gaze shifted to the other farm hands taking note of the fact that the one’s in his rear view weren’t reacting to him. “I mean, forgive me if I’m wrong but you are a Soul Reapa’ right?” He asked with a cocked eyebrow. Last time he checked, the Arrancar wasn’t making so much of a fuss that he’d warrant attention from the Seireitei unless just floating about counted as such. This Reaper didn’t look like a Captain, or looked to be the patrolling type.

All in all, this Shinigami looked bookish. Killin’ him would probably just be kickin’ a hornet’s nest, so the best thing to do was see what he can do to get him to go away peacefully. “Uh… Lil’ lady? Where in the sam hill you come from?” The old farmer head asked tentatively while putting his hat back on his head while he stared at the Quincy who seemed to have popped up out of nowhere. Normally the head farmer would just shoo her off his property but it looked like she had some kind of weird gizmo attached to her backpack that he couldn’t make out. City folk really are a mess sometimes.

Player

I have nothing to say.

Cole Avatar

Cole

Post by Cole on May 25, 2022 9:50:07 GMT -5

Cole’s eyes locked on the individual squatting on the roof; quickly taking in the telltale signs of one of the evolved hollows they had mentioned in the academy. Theoretically they possessed more intellect than the baser hollows that they had encountered on training missions. There were even rumors that some had worked alongside shinigami to face down other threats; well, talking was always easier than fighting.

He gave a lazy wave to the creature, then glanced behind him to follow his gaze, looking at the farmers. As his eyes passed over the owners, he felt a pang of sadness from his zanpakuto, that was strange. But not really the biggest concern right now; he had a hunch why the evolved hollow was here, and it wasn’t for the good of the farm. Cole also wasn’t ready for a fight, he had spent quite a bit of his reserves on his experiments before he had accidentally sent himself here. Talking was definitely easier than fighting.

The shinigami turned back to the Hollow, but his hand didn’t move to his zanpaktuo. While Cole barely looked the part, he was carrying a zanpakuto, but his aura didn’t feel similar to most shinigami. Rather than pushing out reiatsu, it seemed to suck it in. ”Howdy Enfermizo; I’m Cole.” He gave a small shrug and a slight grin, ”More lost than normal, but less lost than most. We in Louisiana?” The man spoke english with an American accent, but obviously not local to the south. ”But yeah, I’m a soul reaper.”

He scratched the back of his head, collecting himself and realizing he should probably hold himself with a bit more dignity if he was facing a potential enemy. He cleared his throat and stood a little straighter, ”Ahem…were you planning o–”

Cole cut himself off as another individual appeared; obviously visible to the mortals around. Had his spell had other effects? Sure, there was the weirdness with the emotions from his blade, but the fact that a hollow, a shinigami, and a human with powers were all suddenly in the same spot was a bit too much of a coincidence given the ritual he had prepared. Unfortunately, this particular human appeared to be ready for combat, complete with two giant robotic arms.

Making a quick decision, he shunpo'd to the roof next to the evolved hollow, and whisper as he crouched down on the roof next to him, ”That a friend of yours?" At least the hollow didn’t seem like it was looking for a fight at the moment.

PLAYER

I have nothing to say.

Anastasia Dammerung

Post by Anastasia Dammerung on May 25, 2022 10:46:22 GMT -5

“Uh… Lil’ lady? Where in the sam hill you come from?”

"I'm a tourist from Italy and I got lost..." Leonina answered. It would seem that it was in extremely bad taste to ask if the farmer knew how to speak Italian-- in Italian. Besides, this was America. It was safe to say that most residents here were primarily English speakers. Fortunately for everyone involved, the teenage brunette knew how to speak several languages fluently, including but not limited to English, Spanish, Japanese, and German aside from her native Italian. She did hope that he'd buy it, as he apparently was aware of the machine arms protruding from her backpack. 

Said arms were now absentmindedly fiddling with their index fingers together as she tentatively approached what appeared to be the Shinigami, a man in civilian clothes who looked to be in his thirties or forties who looked just as lost as she was. The Shinigami identified himself as "Cole", quite a deviation from the normally Japanese naming conventions of their race. Leonina herself didn't have any personal grudge against the Shinigami, and as an engineer first and foremost she preferred not to fight one unless necessary.

Hollows on the other hand... She was well aware that Hollows were especially dangerous to her kind, and if some maverick Quincy out there had somehow managed to pull a crazy stunt like fusing with one, that would immediately garner her full attention. According to intelligence, this humanoid, mostly maskless Hollow was called an Arrancar, and they were fully sapient. That meant she could at least talk to them while waiting for her portal to recharge.

”That a friend of yours?"

"My name is Leonina di Angelo, and I'd prefer to resolve this peacefully as much as possible," She raised all four of her arms slowly, as a show of peace, and her backpack-arms transformed into rotors, lifting her into the air at the other two persons' eye level. "As you can see, I have randomly been transported here, seemingly along with both of you. I wish to investigate the matter until all three of us can return home."

Player

I have nothing to say.

Enfermizo Avatar

Enfermizo

Post by Enfermizo on May 26, 2022 16:31:19 GMT -5

"Italy? In that case do ya need some –“ Before he could get another word in, the head farmer watched her walk up to a spot in between both the Shinigami and Arrancar; the latter in which turned his head over to catch the approaching Quincy in his peripherals.

“Mississippi actually.”

Despite his easy-going demeanor, now having one of those Quincy’s here had really made it clear that lady luck was just not on his side today. Cole would pose the question if he knew the sparkling young duckling below to which the Gnollson shook his head.

“As much as I would appreciate such lovely company, I’m afraid this is my first time meeting Miss Leonina here.” The Gnollson slapped his thigh before standing up straight. “Nevertheless! I do like a sharp-shoota’ like you ma’am. No sense in wastin’ good time and energy that could be put in ta’ gettin’ you two home.” Mizo reasoned.

A Hollow, Soul Reaper and a Quincy all on the farm was like the start of a baaaaaaad joke. “Now as it happens, y’all caught me on my free time but if y’all tell me what was the last thing you were doin’ before poppin’ up ‘ere then I might be able lend ya a hand.” the Gnollson offered wishing to move the conversation away from why he was here in the first place.

“But before we do, might I suggest we find a betta’ local on the farm.” Enfermizo turned his gaze to the gathering crowd of farmers looking up at the hovering Quincy. It was in the next instance a light bulb eventually went aglow in Mizo’s mind. Maybe – just maybe Mizo could get some use out of the two interlopers.

I’d hate for that ol’ monsta to catch of whiff of you uptown folk and go runnin’.”
Last Edit: May 26, 2022 16:31:49 GMT -5 by Enfermizo

Player

I have nothing to say.

Cole Avatar

Cole

Post by Cole on May 27, 2022 9:42:54 GMT -5

Cole raised an eyebrow at the girl, who was now doing her best helicopter impression, right in front of a handful of mortals. A handful of mortals who were almost certainly both confused and concerned about the young girl now talking to empty air.  Both he and the arrancar were invisible to the mortals, after all.  While he was aware of both Quincy and Fullbringers as general topics, he wasn't sure which one this was. The transforming backpack certainly seemed closer to a fullbringer, and her lack of aggression towards the hollow seemed to support that.

The shinigami was also somewhat confident that the reason the three of them were all here was his magical experimentation, but there was perhaps, possibly, unlikely, another explanation.  He nodded at the other two, glad that neither seemed to be in a fighting mood, despite his initial impression of the young woman, ”Agreed on both counts; there’s no need for conflict, and we should get clear of the muggles. They’re already confused enough by your sudden appearance, Leonina. I imagine the if we spend much more time here the Shinigami are going to have to send a memory squad.”

With that, Cole hopped off the roof away from the gathering farmers, pointing towards a treeline in the distance, ”How ‘bout we head to the woods?”

PLAYER

I have nothing to say.

Anastasia Dammerung

Post by Anastasia Dammerung on May 28, 2022 8:18:51 GMT -5

Leonina didn't know whether the farmers could see her marvelous backpack-rotors or not. It would be a shame if they couldn't though, as she had spent a considerable amount of time building and testing them, and as such the young engineer was quite proud of her work. The Arrancar, Mizo, and the Shinigami, Cole, did not share the same sentiments, however, and asked the Quincy girl to move somewhere else.

"Awww... but the future is now thanks to science... fine..." Leonina pouted, but did what she was asked, and slowly landed before folding the rotors back into her backpack. "But first... say cheese!"

As soon as the Quincy said this, her outstretched left arm produced a blinding flash from its palm, which would leave the farmers stunned and with no memory of seeing her. By the time they came to, Leonina and the two spiritual beings would likely be well out of view.

"Ah... what I was doing before I ended up here? I was at my old school, packing up the materials I used for the kids' experiments. Then all of a sudden, the amber and hide started spitting lightning, my arm got electrocuted, and next thing I knew I was in America," the teen explained as best as she could. "That make any sense? Someone must have cast some spell to summon one being from each realm." 

Player

I have nothing to say.

Enfermizo Avatar

Enfermizo

Post by Enfermizo on May 31, 2022 14:52:18 GMT -5

“Mighteh’ fine idea!” the Gnollson replied.

“Seein’ as I’ve been around these parts for a bit, allow me to lead the way.”
Before he would take off however, Mizo took interest in that contraption the Quincy girl had. The flash the gizmo generated would put the farm hands into a daze with dilated pupils.

It was around this time that the Arrancar would spring off his feet onto the open air, sprinting about above the corn field until he’d eventually lead his newly met companions to an area heavily swarmed with lush plant life, humid air and swamp water that flowed down yonder.

Once then, the Gnollson dropped down and sat on a tree branch with his tail swaying freely below his seat. This swamp was known to hold a few troublemakers attracted to the many lost souls that pop around these parts when the Seireitei aren’t looking. Normally Mizo would just let his Hollow kin be but seeing as he had a role to play here, using them to get these other two folk off his bag will definitely have to be an option.

“Now back to what the lil’ lady was saying. Lightnin’?” The Arrancar repeated with a inquisitive expression that would soon be directed towards Cole.

“Don’t you Soul Reapa’s make lightnin’ wit’ those Kido spells? Think you can make heads or tails of this?”

Player

I have nothing to say.

Cole Avatar

Cole

Post by Cole on May 31, 2022 17:04:45 GMT -5

"Nope." Cole lied.

He shook his head, allowing a small flicker of flame to pass between his fingers in demonstration, "While kidō has a wide range of effects, including everything from fireballs and lightning to healing and binding, I've not heard of any teleportation magic. Surely you've both heard of the Senkaimon; it's the way shinigami get to and from Soul Society to other planes. If there's another, I haven't been told."

He had a fairly good idea of what had happened, particularly when the living member of their impromptu trio mentioned using amber and hide. It must have created some sort of connection; maybe the mask fragment he had used had belonged to either this arrancar, or some other hollow he had consumed? Either way, if he had discovered a new method of transportation, or new ways to enhance kidō, he wasn't about to tell two potential threats to the Shinigami about them.

Cole checked his pockets, he still had his Shinigami-issue cell phone, he could probably call and ask for help. But if the young lady was a Quincy, it might very well result in a dangerous outcome for both of the other beings. He didn't wish any particular harm on the two, better to wait, stall, and let the others disperse on their own, the southern Arrancar had said something that might be a sufficient distraction. "But you mentioned something about a monster prowling the area, should we be concerned? Maybe that creature could be responsible?"

PLAYER

I have nothing to say.

Anastasia Dammerung

Post by Anastasia Dammerung on Jun 6, 2022 8:17:32 GMT -5

"Nope. While kidō has a wide range of effects, including everything from fireballs and lightning to healing and binding, I've not heard of any teleportation magic. Surely you've both heard of the Senkaimon; it's the way shinigami get to and from Soul Society to other planes. If there's another, I haven't been told."

Leonina peered at Cole intently, attempting to scrutinize his words. While it was a generally true, by-the-book answer, she highly suspected he was hiding something. After all, Hollow-kind as a rule weren't casters, and she didn't sense any other Shinigami, Quincy, or Fullbringers around whose unique abilities could have brought them here.

"Are you quite sure about that, Mr. Cole?" she asked. "Once, while I was on a trip to Sicily, I saw a Shinigami with his own personal portal. Black hair, red eyes, weird hat, scarlet Reiatsu... it's no secret that certain Shinigami can achieve such things."

"But you mentioned something about a monster prowling the area, should we be concerned? Maybe that creature could be responsible?"

"You're totally responsible for this aren't you Mr. Cole," said Leonina, now glaring at him while pouting with her arms crossed. She didn't seem to have it in her to smile today, even as a nervous tic. "No offense to you, Mr. Mizo, but you don't look like the type to cast spells, but Mr. Cole here even looks like Dr. Alexander, whose papers I used to read when I was younger. He died a few years back, though, so--"

"Mamma mia, Dr. Alexander, is that you?!"
Last Edit: Jun 6, 2022 8:18:08 GMT -5 by Anastasia Dammerung

Player

I have nothing to say.

Enfermizo Avatar

Enfermizo

Post by Enfermizo on Jun 7, 2022 7:27:25 GMT -5

The Soul Reaper saying that he didn’t have much of an idea on how any sort of kido could have led to he and the Quincy being here was met with immediately disbelief that was simmered down to a still inscrutable smirk. Leonina spared no time calling Cole out on that hogwash but the Gnollson just raised his hands as a gesture of keeping things cordial between the trios before leaping down from the tree.

“Now, now lll’ lady. Let’s not go degradin’ the man’s character with wild accusations. If he says he don’t know than he don’t know. Besides while I do keep in mind that a Soul Reapa’ is responsible – it don’t mean that it’s gotta be him. Ain’t that right, Cole ol’ boy?” The Arrancar reasoned while attempting to give both Leonina and Cole a friendly pat on their shoulders.

“With that said howeva’, I can’t quite see how I can be of any use to sendin’ y’all home if I don’t know got a clue of what got ya ‘ere in the first place.” Mizo continued with a nonchalant shrug. “And if that is indeed the case then I see no sense in stickin’ around ‘ere since unlike you two, I actually got business in these here parts.” It was then that it would be Cole who would pick up on the bait the Arrancar left earlier.

“Hmm. Could be and seein’ that you two are in here than yeah it could very well put a weight on ya minds.” Mizo then turned his back to the two with a face of a man deep in thought.

“I don’t know much about this beast except how it’s been makin’ a mess of this farm nearby, prayin’ on some of workers and such. I assumed it was a Hollow since it matches the M.O. but ya know what they say about assumptions….” The Gnollson turned around to look to the Shinigami and Quincy with a far more stern expression.

“Now I was thinkin’ of askin’ y’all to help me reign this bull in but, uh, the tension here is thick. No denyin’ that. There’s gon’ hafta be a certain level of trust between us to make sure this hunt goes well. Think y’all can handle that long enough ‘till we can get this bull and send ya’ll home?”
Last Edit: Jun 7, 2022 7:28:52 GMT -5 by Enfermizo

Player

I have nothing to say.

Cole Avatar

Cole

Post by Cole on Jun 7, 2022 17:31:47 GMT -5

Cole's mouth dropped open for a moment when the young lady identified him as Dr. Alexander. For a few reasons. One, it meant this young lady, and whatever group she might have been part of, knew of his work. Not only that, they had been keeping close enough tabs on him to actually make note of his death and recognize him on sight.

And they had never even reached out to him.  That was downright rude; he could have done so much more with direct support from a spiritual group.

He closed his mouth, raising an eyebrow at Leonina, and giving a wolfish grin, "While this Dr. Alexander sounds like a brilliant and handsome man, he didn't actually have any spiritual awareness while he was alive." Cole gave her a wink, not even bothering to hide it from Enfermizo in order to reassure him that the tension wasn't that thick, "For him to invent new ways to utilize kidō after having only been a Shinigami for a few years seems unlikely at best, and he would probably want to keep that a secret if he did.  And no need for titles, just Cole is fine."

The Shinigami offered a small shrug to the Arrancar; "If the textbooks are accurate, your kind can pretty freely move between the mortal realm and Hueco Mundo."  He turned to the living girl, "I'll be frank, I know there are Quincy and Fullbringers, but I haven't met either since becoming a shinigami, and I don't know which one you are, Leonina.  But if you're a Quincy, I'm going to need to call for a trip back to SS, at which point it might be safer for both of you if you weren't around.  A lot of Shinigami are the 'slash first, question never' type."

He turned back to Enfermizo, "While Leonina makes whatever arrangements she needs to get home, I'm happy to help out with whatever this beastie is."
Last Edit: Jun 7, 2022 17:50:39 GMT -5 by Cole

PLAYER

I have nothing to say.

Anastasia Dammerung

Post by Anastasia Dammerung on Jun 8, 2022 6:57:01 GMT -5

The two older men seemed to have the same intention with regards to their response to the young Quincy, though their approaches couldn't have been more different. Cole in particular seemed to be teasing Leonina with his not-quite denial of being her childhood idol Dr. Alexander.

"I-if Dr. Alexander could create a spiritual theory that close to reality without being so much as spiritually aware, formulating a new teleportation spell from scratch should be a piece of cake for him!" She was practically fangirling now. "Too bad he's stuck in Soul Society without his memories, and so can't be invited to autograph my personal collection or critique my inventions!"

Mizo, however, brought up the matter of his own business here, which was tracking the monster, presumably a Hollow, which had been preying on the farmers here. This was obviously something of concern, and Leonina, mere engineer or not, couldn't allow the loss of innocent life. She was about to volunteer, but Cole warned that were she to be identified by his rescue party as a Quincy, they would likely attack.

"There's no point in hiding it any longer then, I suppose," Leonina said. "Though I'm primarily an engineer and an inventor, I still count as a Quincy after all. However, I'm quite sure my arm-portal will have recharged by the time we finish off the monster, so I can go home after that. Before then, I'll be running support for the two of you while we hunt it, since both of you have better use for the Hollow than me."