Bleach Hereafter RPG

Future Horrors

Player

Fullbringer

I have nothing to say.

Niji Avatar

Niji

Post by Niji on Jun 5, 2022 17:23:06 GMT -5

”You are wasting time.” Niji said, vaguely aware of the irony as she said it. She smiled sadly, ”But I suppose that is who you are. You thought me an enemy minutes ago, and you still do not like the idea of me taking risks. The same noble idealist, some things were true, it seems.”

Niji sighed, a wickedly sharp dagger of stone suddenly appearing in her hand, ”Very well, then. I will take your unconscious body out of here and we can talk somewhere else.”

Rather than turn the dagger on Morgan, she slashed her own shoulder, the sudden spray of blood evaporating into reishi which supplemented her aura.

Bonus Action: Blood Offering (Soul Trigger)

The man wanted to give her one opportunity to prove herself, in terms of combat, she was far stronger than her false self. She didn’t need the bodyguards that the Red Lotus and the Quincy had sent to protect them. Not in this life. In this life she had learned to defend herself. She banished her emotions, and focused on her connection to the spirits, particularly the ones of earth that were all around them, kilometers below ground as they were.  But she knew Morgan was strong, and she couldn't hold back.

At-Will Actions: Assault, Surge, Focus Energy, Time Shift

The earth behind him erupted, and even as the spire thrust spines towards Morgan’s back, several shouts of alarm from the other side of the wall swiftly became gurgled cries of pain.

Standard Action: Earthen Eruption (Area Release Attack) - Bashing, Slashing
55 base fighting, +10 from edge 2, +10 from Titan area attack, +15 from focus energy)
1D854HA61d100+90
1d100+90 CRIT
4d16+22d12 = 66 + 16 + 4 = 86 Damage

The room was smaller by the rapidly expanding stone, and Morgan would be forced towards her, which was somewhat dangerous with his blade; so Niji shot out additional tendrils of earth to crush his limbs.

Standard Action: Crushing Earth (Thousand-Page Wholesale) - Slashing
55 base fighting, +10 from edge 2, +15 from focus energy
1d100+80 (no crit, v sad)
1d100+80
4d16+22d12 = 59 Damage

Then, she simply made a motion towards him with her hand as if she was choking him, and a ring of magma coalesced into existence and rushed to close around his throat.

Standard Action: Lava Noose (Thousand-Page Wholesale) - Slashing
55 base fighting, +10 from edge 2, +15 from focus energy
1d100+80  CRIT
1d100+80
4d16+32d12 = 64 + 14 +4 = 82 Damage

Summary:
Eff Reishi: Gonna just round to 1m here, base x1.5 x2
Net HP: 75 - 10 (-10 (ST))
Net Reishi: 200 - 72 (-20 (TS) -25 (RA) -20 (1k) -20 (1k) -10 (FE) + 20 (ST) +3 (TU))
165 Accuracy, 86 Damage Critical Hit, -5% RL and -5 Reishi
154 Accuracy, 59 Damage Hit
175 Accuracy, 82 Damage Critical Hit

1d100+90·1d100+90·4d16+2d12+2·1d100+80·1d100+80·4d16+2d12+2·1d100+80·1d100+80·4d16+2d12+3·1d100+80·4d16+3·2d12
Last Edit: Jun 6, 2022 15:25:25 GMT -5 by Niji

GAME MASTER

Wandenreich - Soldat

Memories broken, the truth goes unspoken...

Hibano Avatar

Hibano

Post by Hibano on Jun 6, 2022 15:44:30 GMT -5

Hibano

Tags:

(I sharpen the knife, and look down upon the bay...)

There was persistently something weird about Niji - well, one of the many weird things about her, but one he hadn't really addressed - she constantly spoke of him as if she knew him personally. That she knew how he would react, or how he should have acted. Between her and that "Hibano" teen, who was apparently familiar with him as well, this was a whole episode of time-lost folk who messed with everyone's memories and emotions.

Considering that this only happened after what took place in Tendo Shoten, maybe Val's death did not erase the reality fuckery she did after all. Maybe it only turned that fuckery more insidious. Pulling time-lost people out of nowhere, implanting others with memories they shouldn't have and erasing others... it was really anyone's guess.

Niji was confident - and though Morgan did not know what to expect from her, he immediately tensed, moving to a fighting stance, as soon as she summoned her knife. Though it wasn't meant for him, what immediately came after that was.

Bonus Action: Nimble Reflexes (Bakudo #21: Sekienton), -10 Reishi
Avoids 46 damage of atk #1, 39 dmg of atk #2, 64 dmg of atk #3

Total dmg: 78
HP left: 2/80

Morgan leapt up as soon as the first earth spires crashed upwards, breaking through the floor of the faciity with ease and destroying everything in their path - including the unfortunate Red Lotus agents who finally managed to blast through the walls of the dome and entered to witness an ongoing battle. He could not avoid them for long, however. Tendrils shot forth from the earth, grabbing him by ankles, crushing them with unbelievable force and pulling Morgan in towards the ginger fullbringer.

There, Niji revealed the final technique in her combination - a ring of magma, which constrained itself around Morgan's throat, searing his skin, and pulling him into the ground, where the spires slammed down upon him to finish the job. If there were any instruments left across the room at this point, they were certainly destroyed by the powerful slams, echoing across the entire mountain.

At-Will: Shadow/Sharpshooter - Eagle Eye (Once per battle, as an at-will action, designate one attack during your turn that will automatically crit with a natural 95 roll (No mechanical roll required). Also, passively, any time you score a critical hit, your foe receives two stacks of Cripple and Immobilize.)
At-Will: Gambit - As an at-will action, one attack this turn gains +5 Damage Tier but rolls accuracy twice, taking the lower result. Cannot be canceled out using Assault Trait.
At-Will: Surge - As an at-will action, you add an extra set of additional damage die with a value of 2d12 for Non-Basic Attacks and 1d12 for Basic Attacks with each attack you make.

Air slashes, narrow as a millimeter, suddenly flew across the remains of the interrogation room, cutting past Niji's stone and magma and rolling across the broken tiles, slicing them apart as well. They stopped just short of touching Niji, however.

"Kagamibiraki!"

Standard Action: Kagamibiraki (Mirror Opening - Advanced Single/Slashing Attack), -15 Reishi
Base dmg tier: 11 (d14)
Gambit - +5 dmg tier
Slashing: This technique scores a critical hit on a roll of 75 or higher; Critical Hits with a Slashing technique deal an additional +4 damage.
Special effect: This attack always applies bonus damage as if it were a critical hit. If you roll a critical hit, then you double the normal bonus damage.

Accuracy - Auto-crit
Accuracy (Gambit) - Auto-crit
Damage - 2Fe2IKQk3d19 (CRITICAL! +46 damage)
Damage (Surge) - 2d12

Though he moved with both legs broken, and several trails of blood from the full force assault were now running across his face, Morgan crossed the distance between him and Niji in an instant - and opened his signature technique with what appeared to be a simple poke on Niji's chest, using the index finger of his free left hand. That was, however, not an ordinary chest poke - it imbued the point of contact with the Fullbringer's reishi, turning into a weakpoint brittle as sand.

Then, with just as much immense speed as before, he'd thrust his sword into that point, completing the technique.

"Still..." Morgan muttered, weakly, struggling to stand, but managing to even crack a faint smirk. For what it's worth, even if it wasn't a one hit KO... she still hit pretty damn hard. "...still confident in your chances?"3d19·2d12
Last Edit: Jun 6, 2022 15:45:00 GMT -5 by Hibano

Player

Fullbringer

I have nothing to say.

Niji Avatar

Niji

Post by Niji on Jun 6, 2022 16:57:59 GMT -5

Niji prepared herself for the counterattack, even though Morgan wanted her to take her best shot, it was likely if he was still conscious he would wa–yep. It was fast, and she quickly gathered her reishi into a defense. For the briefest moment, right as Morgan’s technique reached its zenith, an image appeared superimposed over Niji. Only for an instant, she was covered by a red figure; given their presence under an ostensibly Buddhist temple, it was possible the form would look familiar to the man.

At-Will: Protection of the Niō - Dusk Cloak
46 of 95 damage avoided. 2 Reduced from DR, 54 Damage Taken
Current HP: 11/75
Titan Edge Bonus Lost.

Blood leaked from the large wound on her chest, and she gasped in pain as anguish shot through her body. She really didn’t want to make a habit of taking swords to the torso. Her energy wavered, still strong, but not as oppressive as it was a moment ago. Another wall shot up behind them, once again sealing off the room.  She tried to shove the pain aside for the moment, and looked at Morgan.

She smiled faintly back at him, a warmer expression than he had seen the entire time, and she reached down, an aruna fruit suddenly manifesting in her hand. Softly she spoke, a distinct fondness in her voice, ”You brave idiot.”

Niji offered him the fruit as she continued, ”I would not attempt to face him alone. I have allies. And he would not know we are coming. That would be part of the point of turning back the clock. No living member of the Red Lotus knew of me before I arrived at the temple today.”

Another fruit appeared in her other hand, and she took a bite, immediately the wound on her chest began to knit closed. ”Let me take us somewhere we can talk, uninterrupted. I do not think I can risk rewinding more than an hour. Please, Morgan.”

GAME MASTER

Wandenreich - Soldat

Hibano Avatar

Hibano

Post by Hibano on Jun 8, 2022 17:06:35 GMT -5

Hibano

Tags:

Niji managed to put up a defense - but at this point, nothing could make her, or anyone, avoid the force of the Mirror Opening, only mitigate it. It punched through the illusion of Niō she summoned, and through her chest as well, spurting out blood. Content with the blow - a message, yet not immediately lethal to a powerful Fullbringer like her - Morgan pulled his weapon out. Blood trickled from the edge of his blade, which returned back to its normal, old sword form, and the Zodiac sheathed it.

Though he himself was barely able to stand, he was confident. Niji's response briefly took him aback, however. The woman declared his entire test pointless - even if she cannot defeat Virgil alone, she will bring allies and she will employ strategy to get the jump on the Director, whenever she finally decides to go through with the revenge quest.

"...right..." Morgan answered as he accepted the fruit, though his voice wasn't sure. Truth be told, even though he has decided to trust Niji, he still did not know who she is or who she belongs to. If she has powerful allies, presumably able to match her if they together could defeat Virgil, then she must also work for, or with, someone important.

Was she an agent all along? If so, for who? There was no other Fullbringer organization large and powerful enough to challenge Red Lotus this way, there were various groups they kept track of, but none of them could be throwing around someone Niji's level. Soul Society, then? There were instances of Fullbringers working for the Shinigami, after all. Still, could they really employ someone this powerful..?

The surroundings around them shifted again - now, it changed to what Morgan could only describe as an enormous, lush garden, beneath the ground - or was it ice? - on the other side of the planet from Japan, far away from any other spiritual signature on Earth. Where even is this? Morgan certainly hadn't been here before.

"...Where are we? What is this place?" he asked what lingered on his mind, and, whether or not he received an answer, he would continue speaking after a short sigh:

"The Director does not make an extra effort to be secretive, he's no evil lord cackling in his secret palace, or something - but he's never easy to reach. Whenever he's in a place, he's always there because he has a reason to be, and is never unaware of his surroundings. He seems to be able to sense any person in his vicinity, though I'm not sure how."

After another sigh, Morgan rest his back against the trunk of a nearby tree. "His Fullbring gives him the power to control a person's blood, I've experienced it first hand. That's why he's dangerous, and why he was able to take me down in one hit - someone like you, or Val, can certainly hit hard, but his abilities don't even care if you're strong or not. You can be a child or a Shinigami captain, you're still gonna die if he funnels all your blood into your heart and makes it pop."

He then paused again. Briefly, he mulled on whether he should continue, but, ultimately, he chose to do so:

"Yet something about him's not normal. His abilities don't seem to abide by Fullbringer rules, or, if they do, he seems to have a way to get around it. Someone guessed that he might be a former Shinigami, but all I can offer here is speculation. And a warning to watch out, if you're really certain you're going to go through with this. It might be that blood's just the tip of the iceberg as far as his powers are concerned."

Player

Fullbringer

I have nothing to say.

Niji Avatar

Niji

Post by Niji on Jun 9, 2022 17:57:51 GMT -5

Niji listened to Morgan’s explanation of Virgil, then nodded slowly; it seemed a waste of time to explain herself, but any additional trust she could develop with the man would be helpful. He did seem much more similar to the Morgan she had convinced herself he was not. She let out a sigh and checked the time on her phone. ”We have a bit more time than I originally thought.  Even if you will forget this conversation, I can try to answer some of your questions.”

She waved her hand and a pair of stone chairs with thick cushions of soft grass appeared, and she took a seat in one of them. ”We are several kilometers beneath the surface of Antarctica. This is where I go to release excess energy.” Niji gestured to the strange golden ceiling, ”The ceiling is coated with a moss I created that converts ambient reishi into sunlight; which has the added benefit of masking its presence. The biosphere here is somewhat simple, but self-sustaining. Few are aware of this place.”

Whether or not Morgan had taken a seat, Niji glanced at him. He seemed a bit cautious at her statement of not being alone, ”Do not read too much into my statement of allies. As I said, I serve no secret master. Those that would join me are an eclectic bunch I have met over my time in the spiritual world. Some would join me to get vengeance for Val. Others would join me because Virgil nearly caused the destruction of everything. Still others would join me simply because I asked.”

She shook her head, ”I apologize, I am usually much more agreeable, it has been a difficult week for me. Under different circumstances we would have gotten along much better.” The woman said this as if she knew it as a fact.

Back to business, though; she committed his words to memory, and moved on to asking more pointed questions about the leader of the Red Lotus, ”What do you know about how he moves around? Can he move across the world quickly and freely on his own, or does he have someone like your assistant? Does he need to be able to see someone to affect their blood?”

Last Edit: Jun 9, 2022 17:58:18 GMT -5 by Niji

GAME MASTER

Wandenreich - Soldat

Hibano Avatar

Hibano

Post by Hibano on Jun 10, 2022 16:26:18 GMT -5

Hibano

Tags:

"I wasn't trying to say anything," Morgan briefly blurbed, answering Niji's defense on what her allies in the quest will be. The woman was trying to explain that she did not belong to any organization and instead her allies were a loose collective of equally independent comrades, who would come to her aid for one reason or another. Morgan did think of some suspicions, but did not vocalize them - and this defense only partially answered them, leaving just as many questions as it did answers.

There's hardly any way for an entire team of Zodiac level independents to be roaming the planet, at least not without being noticed. Somewhere, somehow, someone important must have been involved to provide the foundation for such a group, even if informally. But, all the Fullbringer could do here is speculate, and since they did not have much time before their entire meeting ceases existing, it hardly mattered anyway.

Niji continued by asking more about Virgil's abilities. Morgan remained standing by a nearby tree, instead of taking a seat, and folded his arms. To both questions, his answer was simple:

"I don't know."

He sighed. "I only know mere crumbs about his abilities, from the only time I ever got to witness him fight, a few days before Val's transformation. And while Virgil isn't outright secretive, he still stays rather... mysterious. We don't tag along with him, basically, ever, so I can't really answer how he travels from place to place."

Oh... right, she called Simone his assistant, right? She wouldn't be happy to hear that. For fun, Morgan chose to not correct that, only faintly smiled at the fellow Zodiac being described that way.

"It doesn't really matter now since I've more or less explained everything I know, but... if the lack of time was such a factor, then why didn't you bring us to the Dangai?" Morgan followed up with a question.

Player

Fullbringer

I have nothing to say.

Niji Avatar

Niji

Post by Niji on Jun 10, 2022 17:06:19 GMT -5

While Niji didn’t think Morgan was holding out on her, at least not about Virgil (something she had said obviously amused him), she was still disappointed by his lack of knowledge about the man.

She shrugged at his follow-up question, ”I could give you some true but partial answers like ‘I do not know the kōtotsu’s schedule’ or that ‘it might be monitored by the shinigami’ but the simple fact is I do not have the ability to leave this plane on my own.”

It was a big part of the reason Niji assumed her abilities might not function in the other planes. The spirits of the mortal world did not have connections to the other planes; and her connections to the zanpakuto spirits might give her the opportunity at some point. But that agreement was more tenuous and unpredictable than her other pacts.

She tapped a finger to her chin, there was not much point to dwell on that, ”So Virgil keeps himself mysterious. What about the other Zodiacs? How much knowledge did they have about Val’s ultimate fate?  Are they aware that she was an unwilling participant, or that it resulted in the Shinigami obtaining a new and enormous source of power?  Would either of these facts cause any of them to turn on him?”

GAME MASTER

Wandenreich - Soldat

Hibano Avatar

Hibano

Post by Hibano on Jun 12, 2022 14:36:32 GMT -5

Hibano

Tags:

"Right."

Niji's explanation for why she was unable to transport them to the Dangai was good enough for Morgan. It meant that her teleportation ability was inferior to Simone's, but, presumably, it was because this was just a secondary ability in her arsenal, whereas for Simone teleportation was the key powerset.

The Fullbringer continued asking questions - now that she reached a dead end trying to extract information about Virgil himself, she moved on to the rest of the Zodiac, on their knowledge and position towards the entire Val affair. Morgan remained silent for a second, his mind recalling his comrades and considering their positions, before answering:

"I wouldn't know if one or more or them investigated Val's fate personally, but what we were informed by Virgil was that Val chose to partake in Tendo's experiment, the experiment was faulty, and the Shinigami intervened to take her down. Some guessing that Tendo was working together with them from the beginning, so on and so forth..." Morgan sighed again. "To my knowledge, I am the only member of the Zodiac who knew Val personally, hence why I went on to try stopping this plot before it happened. I don't know if any of the other Zodiacs have any such connection with her - so from their point of view, Val was merely a talented agent, whose loss, even if wanton, is not the end of the world."

Morgan paused, before speaking again. "Assuming they even believe you, of course."

Player

Fullbringer

I have nothing to say.

Niji Avatar

Niji

Post by Niji on Jun 12, 2022 16:28:06 GMT -5

Niji let out a bitter laugh, ”No, it was not the end of the world because I was there to intervene.  I still do not understand why no Red Lotus members came to see what was causing the potential apocalypse.”

But it was unlikely that Morgan knew the answer to this; and it sounded like she was unlikely to get help from the Zodiacs on this. She watched a small animal hop through the nearby bushes and sighed, muttering softly, ”Blood, deception, and rumors. Fantastic.”

It didn’t look like she would get that much information out of this little expedition. She briefly took a mental catalog of the information she did learn.

Virgil was incredibly powerful, which wasn’t a surprise. His fullbring was related to blood, and he had convinced Morgan that he had other powers under his belt. The man was also a liar, and potentially fearful of people that could pose a threat to his control over the Red Lotus. He knew Tendo, but they weren’t close. Well, probably not close; obviously the two weren’t afraid of backstabbing each other. He had convinced the other Zodiacs that Val had chosen her fate, but they didn’t know the full nature of the experiment, nor Val’s final fate as being split into at least three parts.

Niji shook her head, looking back to the Zodiac, ”So, you attempted to confront Virgil and he defeated you. If we did not meet today, what additional plans did you have to move against him?  Since this conversation will not happen, I expect you will continue defying him in your own way, and I would not want to accidentally interfere with what you might have in motion.”

Once again, Morgan might notice an unearned familiarity in Niji’s eyes as she looked at him, ”Even if he bested you once, you were never the type to be content to stand back and watch.”

GAME MASTER

Wandenreich - Soldat

Hibano Avatar

Hibano

Post by Hibano on Jun 15, 2022 6:49:50 GMT -5

Hibano

Tags:

"Virgil knew that she will be stopped, so we never came," Morgan blurbed, casually, when hearing Niji lament and complain about seeing no intervention from the Red Lotus during the entire battle against transformed Val. They were not clueless to the events going on in Tokyo, of course, considering that the original beam into the sky was easily visible from the mountain where their Temple is established in. Even at the precipice of the end of the world, however, the Agents had to wait for explicit orders to intervene - and such orders never came from Virgil.

Niji continued by asking about Morgan's own plans about resisting Virgil - knowing that she will return to the past, before they met, and will not tread the same path, she wanted to know what to look out for when she goes on her revenge quest.

So all he experienced today really is going to be erased, then... It was hard to internalize how terrifying of a thought it was, to be straight up told that anything he does won't matter anyway, and his consciousness will stop mere moments from now, in a way that he can do nothing about. It wasn't going to dissuade him from offering any help he could, but it did bring him to a pause, again.

"I..." Morgan tried to answer, but the words got stuck in his throat. Niji was certain that he had another plan to resist, she knew him as someone who would do something, rather than just stand and watch.

Failing to answer, he addressed Niji, instead. "Where are you getting so much about me? We've never met before, and you talk like you know me from the past..."

Player

Fullbringer

I have nothing to say.

Niji Avatar

Niji

Post by Niji on Jun 15, 2022 7:23:01 GMT -5

Niji wondered if she was making a miscalculation at his comments on Virgil; if he knew Val was going to be stopped, that means he might have been aware of her presence. The Shinigami had been on their way, probably, but without all five of them to hold back the mad Fullbringer, it may have been too late.  But it also probably meant that Virgil knew the Shinigami would be obtaining the power of hōgyoku.

She frowned at his next question. Of course, she kept slipping up, referring to the knowledge she had of Morgan. He was bound to have caught on that there was more to her connection to him than just a good sense of people.  She looked about at the lush forest around them, not quite meeting the man’s eyes as she spoke, ”Val and I were not friends. She hated me. In fact, she still does.”

The fullbringer’s eyes took on a distant and vaguely haunted look as she continued, "When I faced Val after she was turned into the hōgyoku, she used her newfound power to force me to live through many lives in alternate realities. Lives where I became someone like her, nihilistic and vengeful. I am not sure why, maybe she wanted to break me, or wanted me to understand her better.  Maybe she just wanted to delay me.  I do not know.”

She shook her head sadly, ”I may have misled you earlier; but Val did not tell me everything I know about the Red Lotus." She locked eyes with Morgan, ”You did. In these alternate lives. I have been taught by you. I have cared for you. I have watched you die.”

Last Edit: Jun 15, 2022 7:28:23 GMT -5 by Niji

GAME MASTER

Wandenreich - Soldat

Hibano Avatar

Hibano

Post by Hibano on Jun 17, 2022 10:15:02 GMT -5

Hibano

Tags:

Niji's explanation for her wide breadth of knowledge was much wilder than Morgan could have possibly anticipated. Somehow, in some form, Val transported Niji into alternate realities in which she relived her life, as a member of the Red Lotus, a personal acquaintance of Morgan who lived, fought and died alongside him in the battles in that timeline. Her expression was completely serious. She really was trying to convince him that this all happened to her during the fight in Tendo Shoten.

Now, Morgan did not know anything about techniques which allow someone to pull others into alternate timelines - hell, he was still sceptical about Niji's purported ability to roll back time, that wasn't something even an extremely powerful Reiatsu wielder could realistically pull off for the entire Universe. However, Morgan did know quite a bit about illusions, and that strong enough Fullbringers or Shinigami could create illusions that were so lifelike that they would be completely indistinguishable from reality. In her transformed, Hogyoku form, Val could certainly create something like that, perhaps even more extreme - an entire illusionary lifetime..?

With this theory at hand, Morgan interjected, answering:

"-but those realities weren't real, correct?" After a brief pause, he continued. "I'm no expert of Val's abilities, seeing as I never got to witness my transformation at first hand... but if she could only crack the fabric of reality with all of her power, then she shouldn't have been able to so easily cross the barriers between entire universes to transport someone forth and back... and if her "alternate realities" were only complex illusions, then they wouldn't be accurate to me. They're not me. They'd be some handicrafted distorted version of me, designed to inflict the maximum desired impact on you."

Player

Fullbringer

I have nothing to say.

Niji Avatar

Niji

Post by Niji on Jun 17, 2022 17:46:42 GMT -5

She sighed; there was too much to explain and not enough time. Yes, the lives that Val had forced her into were violent, wretched things. Most had been, on reflection, quite unrealistic and she could dismiss them as nothing more than fleeting nightmares. But that last one, where most of her information had come from, the one where her own spiritual allies had attempted to dampen the illusion. That life where she and Val guided humanity to a better future was not perfect, and, perhaps she would have been able to dismiss that as an illusion as well.

Had Janus not casually mentioned her ability to pull the version of herself from that timeline.

Niji broke eye contact, looking away from Morgan, and barely whispered, ”Most were not.”

She shook her head, her voice wavering slightly, ”During the fight Val was tearing holes in reality and bringing in creatures and soldiers to fight for her, those had been no illusions. You are similar enough to the Morgan I knew that I was taken off-guard seeing you. I know you are not the same person, and I will probably never see that man again.”

The fullbringer took a deep breath, collecting herself; when she spoke again, her voice was hard again, ”But none of that matters now.   Your assistant correctly called me out earlier; I was trying to get information. I need to know how much the real Red Lotus is like the one I knew.  Obviously the location and underground facility were correct, but I need to know if the goals were as well.”

Last Edit: Jun 18, 2022 7:32:39 GMT -5 by Niji

GAME MASTER

Wandenreich - Soldat

Hibano Avatar

Hibano

Post by Hibano on Jun 21, 2022 3:37:28 GMT -5

Hibano

Tags:

Niji was convinced that what she experienced was more than just an illusion designed to fool her. The Morgan she witnessed in that illusion was lifelike and accurate enough that she applied her experience with that man to him, and was apparently able to navigate herself to the Red Lotus headquarters using the information from there.

Either there really was something going on that Morgan was not aware of, or Val, as a Hogyoku, was such a proficient illusion caster that she has genuinely managed to fool Niji. Into something that Val wanted her to believe, presumably. Reality warping drastically increases illusion potency, perhaps.

"So I assume that illusion blinded you a little when you first arrived at the Temple," Morgan continued, answering Niji's statement that she arrived to the Red Lotus to gather information. "You failed to realize that a completely unfamiliar Fullbringer, arriving with so much information about our secret organization and trying to learn more, wouldn't have been taken well, and so that's why what happened, happened. A more zealous member of Red Lotus might not have even dragged you to questioning and labelled you a spy immediately."

Morgan briefly paused. "I don't know what you saw in your illusion, but the Red Lotus in the real world is a secret society. No information about its existence, much less its key features, should get out of our ranks, and something like that happening is an immediate security breach, that needs to be stopped. So, if you are going to meet me and the others again, keep that in mind instead of flaunting it."

Player

Fullbringer

I have nothing to say.

Niji Avatar

Niji

Post by Niji on Jun 24, 2022 6:20:02 GMT -5

"We did not interact too directly wi--" Niji shook her head, there was no point in focusing on the false life, and Morgan was not telling her anything she didn't really know.  But she didn't need a warning right now, and unless Morgan was about to offer up the name of a good therapist, this wasn't useful information.

A sad smile played across her face, as she continued, "If I decide to approach the Red Lotus at all after I remove this ill-thought out expedition, I will let them find me and I will play the part of the naïve, but powerful, fullbringer.  But please do not avoid the question; the goals of the Red Lotus in this reality are the reason I even decided to come to the temple in the first place; while I will accept your deflection regarding your own plans, this is critical."

He was being evasive, and Niji wasn't sure why, particularly given what the man had told her already.  Learning that Virgil had been behind Tendo's experiment was a shocking revelation.  But even if she wanted to destroy Virgil for what he had done to Val the potential future of humanity, it was not urgent, and she would need more time to recruit allies and gather information on the man.  Maybe Morgan just believed in the Red Lotus, and saw Niji as a potential tool to take out the current leader.  As he had pointed out himself, the man in front of her was not the man he knew.

Last Edit: Jun 24, 2022 6:20:51 GMT -5 by Niji