Bleach Hereafter RPG

That has got to be cheating...

PLAYER

I have nothing to say.

Hageshi Rekka Avatar

Hageshi Rekka

Post by Hageshi Rekka on Oct 13, 2022 2:33:26 GMT -5

M offered a handshake and a shady sort of smile to Rekka as the Shinigami handed off the artifact he'd just stolen. According to the mage, they would now be able to fight back against the Fates using whatever the heck the item in the case was. It probably wouldn't hurt to ask, so Rekka did.

"M, what exactly is this thing, and what does it do?" he said. "Is it one of the Pieces of Eight, or something else entirely?"

"Well thank you again, I will contact you with the next part of the plan, or someone will."

"I'll be looking forward to that," Rekka replied. "Come to think of it, did I ever decide what I'd get in return for this?"

The Third Seat folded his arms, seemingly deep in thought. Then he spoke.

"Back when Atropos appeared, she told me that only Prometheus and the Doctor, and presumably the rest of the OGA, could even hope of harming her. Then she decided to try dissolving me before Ed came. That got me thinking: what do I need to be able to stand a chance against the Moirai? I've faced them twice by now, and only managed to drive them off with the help of someone who has your kind of power. So, here's what I want:"

Rekka held out his sheathed sword horizontally in front of him.

"I wish for you to recruit me, badge or whatever and all that. Then, I want you to give me an upgrade, to have the power to fight the Moirai. Maybe this could help."

He pulled out the severed hand of Lachesis, pristinely preserved in a glowing scarlet barrier.

Player

Insert Passive Aggressive Statement Here

snugglyrum Avatar

snugglyrum

Post by snugglyrum on Oct 18, 2022 9:11:57 GMT -5

"Oh... that's not good." M said as unlike his usual demeanor, he glared daggers at the severed hand and lifted his own and began scrolling arcane runes into the air in front of him. He spoke some guttural language that could not even begun to be understood with years of practice and a set of sigils surrounded the arm. When he was sure it was safe he opened a drawer and pulled out a badge and phone.

"We call our captains the PD, and while we aren't near as many in number or power, we are the last line of defense earth has. The reason the Doctor and Edwin are immune to the Iris is because, Frankenstein and Jekyll made the bloody thing as a gift to Father Time when things were getting too strong for us mere mortals to handle. We formed the PD to stop things like your ex-captain's need to create a thought bomb that could re-center reality with a simple thought. So if you want to be immune to the Iris, either be like me, and be integral to reality itself or get Frankenstein to make you immune." M stated and handed over the badge and phone. "When you get a task, you do it, for your eyes only." M said pointedly. Once Rekka had taken the items he opened his palm and lifted a holographic magical item that was nothing more than what was left of a piece of twine that had most likely been made hundreds of years ago.

"I need you to get your hands on this, it's currently in the hands of a Tuatha trickster. It's not a toy so don't try to use it. Another PD member will be assigned to get something else with you. This, however needs to be returned to the OGA without their knowledge. Now, out of my office and take that frakking arm with you."

PLAYER

I have nothing to say.

Hageshi Rekka Avatar

Hageshi Rekka

Post by Hageshi Rekka on Oct 18, 2022 10:17:54 GMT -5

Apparently, the severed hand of Lachesis couldn't be reverse engineered, and all it seemed to do was irritate the ancient wizard who quickly cast even more binding sigils on it. Even so, M took a badge and phone, handing the items to Rekka as a proof of recruitment. But first, he explained a few things.

First, the matter of the PD, which was the OGA equivalent to the Gotei 13's Captains. While the Shinigami protected the cycle of souls, the entirely Earth-based OGA defended the planet from threats of a different nature, such as an ex-Captain's creation of a "thought bomb that could reshape reality". This all but confirmed Rekka's hunch that the cracks in the sky were made by Tendo's new Hogyoku.

Moving on, the Iris of Reality used on Rekka earlier didn't affect Prometheus and the Doctor because their forebears created it in the first place, and despite it being initially gifted to Father Time, the Moirai were currently in possession of it. And if this Father Time was indeed Cronus, Rekka did not relish the idea of the rest of the Greco-Roman pantheon existing as well. Soul King forbid that Demeter existed as a gigantic screaming green orb with wings.

Regardless, the young Shinigami took the offered items with confidence, taking note of the mysterious piece of twine he had to find. Given that it was currently in the hands of the Tuatha De, the Celtic pantheon, it could be either a fragment of the magical harp Uaithne, or given that a trickster, most likely Lugh, held it, it could also be what was left of his sling.

"I need you to get your hands on this, it's currently in the hands of a Tuatha trickster. It's not a toy so don't try to use it. Another PD member will be assigned to get something else with you. This, however needs to be returned to the OGA without their knowledge. Now, out of my office and take that frakking arm with you."

"Understood." Rekka stuffed the items into his coat pocket with the exception of the hand which went back into Enmado-storage, saluted, and walked out of the room.