Feeding The Bookworm

Player

You fool! You fell right for my trap!

Hequita Avatar

Hequita

Post by Hequita on Jul 5, 2022 4:10:56 GMT -5

Irisa Ishiwara

Tags:

One would imagine that Arrancars would be more hesitant with intimacy towards their sworn enemies - villains who seek to purify them from existence and drag them into Soul Society - and yet, this is the second time that Irisa has seen an Arrancar, given an opportunity to kiss her, go for it with little hesitation.

She did not resist even as he pulled her by her collar to reach her, and then kissed her - their lips touched, if only for a few seconds, and only then did Irisa make a slow step back.

"I'm surprised you went for that," she said, grinning, then folded her arms behind her back, standing stout. "Alright, you're brave. I will fulfill my end of the bargain, and teach you the basics of giving yourself a physical form."

There were a few techniques which fulfilled such a purpose, such as summoning a Gigai to interact with humans. The one on Irisa's mind was one which would not only make the user able to interact with humans, however, but also seal their power for the duration of the technique - this way, this lowly Arrancar would not get up to any unwanted shenanigans.

"But we should probably move somewhere else, this place is a little tight," Irisa continued. "And... I suppose now that this happened, it's a little late, but I suppose I should ask nonetheless - what's your name?"

Player

Continuing to slaughter, kill, take. Life is to constantly sin. Life is evil itself.

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Jul 5, 2022 19:37:50 GMT -5

"So, it was a test of my bravery, or perhaps my gullibility?" he would smile as he looked at her with a smile.  "It has been near 600 years since I've been able to kiss someone...a hollow mask isn't exactly pretty, and you are rather striking, I just hope I wasn't too rusty." he would nod his head at her.  "Are you going to lure me into a trap now that my guard is lowered?" the curve at one side of his lips spoke to the joke, she was stronger than him, if she wanted him dead she could have done it.  In a way it was liberating, having already chosen to stay he was putting his life, newly found, in the hand of an enemy.

He turned, walking down the isle to pick up his zanpaktou and looked at her with a curious expression.  "I suppose we did skip a few steps in between, didn't we?" he would attach the sword to his his as he stuck out a leg, dropping into a very formal bow.  "Nezuel, at your service" instinctually he put his hand up, although he had a feeling that two kisses, one on the lips and one on the hand may be a bit overboard.  "What may I call you?"

Player

Hequita Avatar

Hequita

Post by Hequita on Jul 7, 2022 14:49:48 GMT -5

Irisa Ishiwara

Tags:

Irisa remained standing with her arms folded behind her back, and did not offer a hand to Nezuel when he seemingly aimed towards a kiss on the hand. The Arrancar introduced himself with that name after a few jokes about testing how gullible he was and questioning if now was the time for lure and trap. Irisa nodded, with a faint smile, and answered:

"Nice to meet you at these circumstances. My name is Irisa, Irisa Ishiwara, and I belong to the First Division." She did not know if the Arrancar knew anything about the organization of the Gotei 13, but if he did, he might be aware of what being a member of that division meant. "Don't worry, if there was an ambush for you planned by me, it would have sprung long ago."

Since they had to leave the library to begin training for Nezuel's new material body technique, Irisa raised her hand and snapped her fingers, activating one of her numerous stored Kido spells - this one teleported them both out of the building, on a small tennis court outside. It stood next to a school, though it was currently empty - the students were all in lessons, so none of them could stick around and play.

"Alright, then. I've taught many spells and techniques in my career, but I haven't gotten to explain this one that often, nor have I ever taught an Arrancar before - so, please tell me if something I say doesn't quite make sense."

This might take a while...

Player

Continuing to slaughter, kill, take. Life is to constantly sin. Life is evil itself.

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Jul 7, 2022 20:04:02 GMT -5

Nezuel was rather intrigued by Irisa's use of kido to teleport the two of them to a different location.  He recognized the use, a little, the same kind of energy leaving her that he had often had to deal with when fighting shinigami...but where their abilities had been in dealing damage or binding her power here had more utility and possible uses.  It was, perhaps, something that he wished to learn from her, but he was unsure if she would be willing to part with it...the ability to manifest oneself was different from teleportation.  He nodded at her as the two of them began their lesson.

--------------

Some time later Nezuel was holding out his hand at one of the nearby tennis balls on the ground.  He had gathered and constructed the reishi within the immediate are around his hand and arm, giving the construct physical mass within the world of the living.  The human world wasn't like Hueco Mundo or (as he suspected) Soul Society and the reishi amount was rather low and hard to get a good handle on.  Finally sealing up the cracks, her moved the hand around, clutching the fingers around the tennis ball on the ground.  With a twirl of his hand he let the ball fall to the ground before it bounced back up and he caught it.

"It took a little work, but I think I have the hand of it" he would say, releasing the reishi and but still keeping it within his 'grip.'  Their Reiryoku was similar, Arrancar were after all hollows that changed themselves to become closer to shinigami...but there was a difference.  His own power was more wild, dark...and in a way deep.  Using the techniques that Irisa had described to him had felt a little sluggish, like moving through molasses. The time it took to figure out the technique was more due to that aspect, rather than anything else.

With a sigh, he would close his eyes and start to gather the reishi around him  'Time to try the whole body, then."  He started with the feet, building the basic foundation of his body before slowly moving up his lets, chest, arms, neck, and finally his face and hair.  With a smile he felt the final piece fall into place, opening his eyes and looking around.  He bent down, picking up the ball and tossing it up and down in his hand a few time before turning to Irisa.  "Well, thank you, could I persuade you to teach me more....oh"  He looked down as he fumbled with the ball.  "My mistake"  He released the spiritual particles, then redid the process...this time focusing on giving himself clothes as well. 

"Ah...could I persuade you to teach me more....like...kido? Name your price Irisa."

Player

Hequita Avatar

Hequita

Post by Hequita on Jul 9, 2022 12:10:09 GMT -5

Irisa Ishiwara

Tags:

For a teacher, it is always a moment of pride to see their students finally get the hang of something they were trying to teach, and start replicating that technique themselves. The fact that this was an Arrancar she was watching get the hang of something she was teaching made that feeling a whole lot more confused, however.

Maybe this was a mistake? She was, after all, helping an enemy of Soul Society, as harmless as it may be. Who knows what sort of devious plots Nezuel might come up with once given the power, however limited, to interact with the World of the Living? Perhaps this was the only piece in the puzzle he needed for some conspiracy that will lead to the death of hundreds of thousands of people... or, something. You can never know with these Hollow spawns.

"You've got the hang of it - that's good," she commented, watching Nezuel's work to materialize himself in the World of the Living, ultimately successful, and nodded. "Faster than the average student of Shin'o Academy would have, I'd say."

This was not enough for the Arrancar. Thrilled by Irisa's teaching, he approached her for more - he wished to learn Kido, for whatever price she requests of him. This was a bit beyond teaching him to interact with the physical world. Unfazed by the implications of Nezuel's comment of "stating her price", Irisa folded her hands behind her back and answered:

"Well, you're surely enthusiastic. But no, I am not going to teach you anything else..."

Could she put this to use, perhaps? Taking advantage of a naive Arrancar to learn about the secrets of Hueco Mundo - now that was a lot more befitting of her moral standards.

"...for now," Irisa continued after a pause. "But, maybe we'll meet again, and we can exchange a few favors then."

Player

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Jul 9, 2022 18:13:48 GMT -5

"It seemed..natural to me, right" he would say as he felt the physical form around him peel away.  The two of them might be in the deserted part of a school during class time but that didn't mean someone wouldn't stare out of the window in a daze and see him standing there, an odd person with an even odder outfit. It was unlikely but perhaps they might even think he was a eccentric and late student?  "Perhaps I simply have a gift for the manipulation of my riatsu?" he would tilt his head and look over at the shinigami.

His lips would move into a small frown as she revealed that she wouldn't be teaching him anymore.  He had been hopeful but truth be told he had expected much from asking..though he had hoped that the offer of what she wished from him might be enticing enough to change her mind.  "That is fair, you've already done far more than I would have thought a shinigami would do...but its been nice talking and learning with you."  He would look around the area mischievously, almost like he was about to do something wrong.  "I will strive to try and find a way to teach myself kido until then...I hope the next time we meet it won't be when we need to clash swords"

He reached a hand up to the sky to tear it away and reveal a garganta...but stopped.  He had she seen such a thing before...or could studying the act, seeing it, be worth something to her?  He instead tore a small trail through the sky using a finger.  "I should be on my way Irisa, unless you wish to talk some more?"

Player

Hequita Avatar

Hequita

Post by Hequita on Jul 10, 2022 12:18:24 GMT -5

Irisa Ishiwara

Tags:

"You are quite a bit stronger than the average student in the Academy, so that helps," Irisa added after Nezuel expressed his confidence with the manipulation of his Reiatsu. He could certainly handle himself and had a clear enough understanding of his abilities - so, perhaps there was a reason for that confidence. Content with her work today, the Shinigami made a slight bow.

"I'm glad to have helped," she answered - Nezuel's next comment, warning that they do not clash their blades the next time they meet, did not extract much concern from her. If anything, she was amused by the dramatic departure, and smiled. "I hope so too, Nezuel. You would find out that I can do a little more than basic Kido."

After all, it's not hard to assume that someone who teaches Kido arts would be a bit of an expert in them.

Irisa watched Nezuel open a garganta in silence - she briefly tensed, just in case the Arrancar was about to shower her with Menos he pulled from Hueco Mundo, but remained calm and stood straight. In response to him, she nodded and answered:

"See you, Nezuel. Until we meet again."