Bleach Hereafter RPG

Feeding The Bookworm

Player

Continuing to slaughter, kill, take. Life is to constantly sin. Life is evil itself.

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Jun 13, 2022 18:10:50 GMT -5

Nezuel stepped onto the stone of the ground below him.  Tilting his head, he glanced down at it, slightly curious....the well worked ground here was wholly different than the white sands of the world of hollows...Hueco Mundo as it was called.  His head moved up, looking around at the world again, how odd was it...how long had he been eating himself full for the world to have changed so much.  He remembered roads from before he was killed, buildings of wood and castles of stone.  Far in the distance a tower rose into the sky, keeping his attention...was it made entirely of glass...and what king lived there to be able to afford something so grand and so vast? He supposed it was only natural, the progress of humans...humans...something he wasn't anymore, but now something akin to them atleast in visage.  He needed to learn more about this world that he left so long ago if he was going to be spending any amount of time inside of it.  There should be a library somewhere, a place where he could gleam some information for within leather bound covers.  Thus his long journey began.

It took him an embarrassing long amount of time to find a library, only managing to do so as he followed an older woman with a book in hand to a building.  Tilting his head, he moved inside of the building, opening doors.  Noone noticed him, which was normal, he had found over the years that humans rarely saw his kind...he supposed it held true with arrancars as well as hollows.  He walked into the center of the large building...stories of books and other machines around him....where to start was the question?  His eyes looked at the stacks and noticed a history section...perhaps that was a good idea?

Player

You fool! You fell right for my trap!

Hequita Avatar

Hequita

Post by Hequita on Jun 14, 2022 11:02:27 GMT -5

Irisa Ishiwara

Tags:

The history of the World of the Living was even more compelling than that of Soul Society, even though they were mirror realities each one with thousands of years of history. The speedier, flashier mortal generations meant that turns in their history happened much more frequently than in Soul Society, nor was there a universal government which established order through any means necessary. In a way, the history of the World of the Living reminded Irisa of the times before the Gotei 13 - a messier, bloodier time, when clans and kingdoms ruled and waged war against one another, without remorse.

Which makes for a poor world to live in, perhaps, but it certainly also made for a more dynamic history, and if Irisa endeavors to compile all of the knowledge in all of the dimensions into a single encyclopedia, then she must not ignore these twists and turns of mortal history, either.

Today, she was sitting inside of the history section of this particular library, having collected a stash of documents about a local samurai warlord who ruled this region in particular hundreds of years in the past, and flipping through them. A pen, floating thanks to her spiritual powers, was writing down notes next to her. Back in the First Division, she heard that a few spiritually aware individuals were involved with this warlord's victories, so she was searching for any stories which could confirm these rumors. One could only wonder what that entailed..?

Irisa did not make much effort to hide - after all, the mortal visitors in the library weren't going to be aware of her presence, even if they stand right in front of her.

Player

Continuing to slaughter, kill, take. Life is to constantly sin. Life is evil itself.

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Jun 16, 2022 21:36:28 GMT -5

The arrancar's lithe frame moved through the bookshelves, red eyes flickering over the bindings of the books, taking in the multitude of colors and words on them.  Had he missed so much, so many events having passed him by in his gluttony?  He looked from one end of the shelves before turning and looking back down to the other..and this was only one aisle among many....in one building in a city made of many more.  How many libraries were in this place...how much information gathered within?  His lips curled upwards in the beginning of a smile.  For the first time in his long immortality, he was beginning to feel hope blossom within him once again.  The hunger he felt as a hollow was gone and he did love reading...and although he had come here to learn more about the world, he had to admit he had an affinity and love for fiction as well.

He came out of that isle, looking left and right, trying to find and focus upon the size of the fiction section of the building.  Then suddenly he saw it across the way, a few desks and a woman working on something.  His shoes hit the carpet as he made his way towards the section, slowing slightly as he looked down, curious what she was writing about...but not really all that worried, it wasn't like she could see him after all.  With a sigh and a smile, his hands ran across the words etched into the aisle, designating it the section he was looking for...before his smile faltered...then faded.  That woman writing had seemed familiar...no, it wasn't her, but her clothing.  He turned, his stomach turning as he saw her clothes, the blackness and finality of them...and he had walked right past her...crap.

Player

Hequita Avatar

Hequita

Post by Hequita on Jun 19, 2022 13:52:13 GMT -5

Irisa Ishiwara

Tags:

On a few occasions, Irisa would raise her eyes to see whether anything had changed in the library during her wait. She wasn't particularly concerned with what happened between the mortals, but it never hurt to be aware, just in case the library was no longer safe for her. She has already been blindsided by an Arrancar inside a library and forced to kiss him to get away once, she was not going to do so again.

So, it got her a little on guard when she raised her eyes and witnessed someone staring straight at her. A short young man with black hair, who had been slowly approaching her in the aisle, but slowed down as soon as he witnessed her, and his expression changed. Irisa did not visibly recoil, and her eyes swiftly returned back to the book she was reading to not draw too much attention, but she briefly considered her options. If she is about to be interrupted by an another Arrancar, then she'd rather act first - although she did not know if the being was already hostile. If anything, he was the one who looked worried about her.

So, after giving it some though, Irisa decided to suddenly speak up:

"...Can you hear me?"

If this was just a mortal who happened to be in the wrong place, he wouldn't hear her speak, and so she could move on. Otherwise... she could start figuring out who she was dealing with.

Player

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Jun 20, 2022 16:04:12 GMT -5

Nezuel's eyes would widen a little as the shinigami addressed him.  He wasn't dead yet...or had been attacked, so that was a good start.  His hand moved slowly to his cheek, his mind catching up with the fact that he didn't have a hollow's mask any more so perhaps that was why there was no hostility there yet.  The hand moved down, over the cape he wore, the uniform that covered his hollow hole just barley and the piece of bone that were the remainders of his mask.  She seemed uncertain, if not to what he was then what he was doing there.  If it was the former then perhaps he could feign ignorance and make her believe it was a coincidence.  Yet every second he spent without a reply or without turning just took that option farther away from him and at this point he might as well bite the bullet.

He would nod, slowly, looking at the woman with some hesitation.  "I can hear you and understand you" his eyes would look around the area, curious if she was alone or not.  His eyes settled on a few humans around then, oblivious.  "I don't seek trouble from you, can that be agreed?"

Player

Hequita Avatar

Hequita

Post by Hequita on Jun 23, 2022 3:54:59 GMT -5

Irisa Ishiwara

Tags:

After a few seconds of pause, the man finally answered her - he can see and hear her, and understood what she said. So Irisa's assumption was correct, then. The floating pen stopped making notes and put itself down, while the Shinigami closed her book and moved it to the side.

He was a lot more concerned with this meeting than she was, immediately requesting assurances that she will do no harm to him. Irisa briefly displayed her palms. "I'm unarmed, as you see. I couldn't cause you any trouble if I tried." That was not entirely true, but for now, it should work to dissuade the man's fears, she assumed. "Don't worry, I am alone."

Irisa lowered her hands, not letting her eyes go away from the man. "Arrancar, yes?" You could never be too careful with one of their kind. Even if sapient and human-like, they are still Hollows, and they needed to be purified eventually, even if a few may be selectively cooperated with at times if a greater threat arises. "I am a Shinigami, as you probably already guessed. What are you doing here, and is there anything you want from me?"

Player

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Jun 23, 2022 20:36:12 GMT -5

His eyes narrowed as the shinigami woman held up her hand.  She had said that she was unarmed but he knew that was far from the truth.  Even if she wasn't a shinigami that trained her body, there was also her spirit arts of destruction and binding, or that her sword could take a variety of forms. His eyes moved to look at the pen that had been moving by itself...was that her zanpaktou?  His eyes moved up and down what parts of her body he could see, clinical and detached, looking for her sword and if she seemed physically strong enough for hand to hand combat to be a problem.

He sighed, either not finding what he was looking for or finding no evidence against the shinigami's words.  His hand moved to his zanpaktou at his hip, grabbing it and moved it off of his hip sheath and all.  He tilted his head slightly at the shinigami before moving to the side, setting the sword down and out of reach as he returned to the table.  He pulled out a chair and sat down across from the shinigami.  "I am an arrancar, yes" he would say with a nod, looking down at the woman's books.  "And I have been away from this world for a long time...I sought information, and I remember libraries from my time among the living...I thought I might learn...something"  His eyes flew up to look at her.  "Why are you here...and why havn't you tried to kill me already?" 

Player

Hequita Avatar

Hequita

Post by Hequita on Jun 25, 2022 10:24:03 GMT -5

Irisa Ishiwara

Tags:

The man confirmed that he was an Arrancar, one who had been away from this world from a very long time - Irisa guessed that he meant Hueco Mundo, not unusual for one of his kind to spend generations there before finally appearing in the World of the Living. This was why he was in the same library as her - he was searching for information about this world, and figured that this was the right place to start.

He was not hostile. In fact, unlike the previous time Irisa met an Arrancar in a library, he was the one afraid of her, asking why she hasn't chosen to kill him yet. Irisa briefly raised her hands again and answered:

"Still unarmed, ya know. And I wasn't thinking of killing you, anyway," Irisa offered the Arrancar a faint smile, and lowered her hands once more. "Just that someone has to cleanse people like you of your corruption and bring you to a better place to live - and, I believe that's the right thing for us to do."

Irisa pushed her book back into the bookshelf. "I was reading about the warlord era in this region several centuries ago, and the samurai who served the cause of the local chief during the strife. It's for personal interest. What about you? What did you came here to search about, exactly?"

Player

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Jun 27, 2022 22:30:00 GMT -5

The arrancar before her would bring a hand to his face, resting it just under his chin as he tilted his head, thinking.  "Cleansing?" he said out loud, wondering.  "Is that what you were doing?  I can see the appeal in doing so, the necessity, most hollows are nothing but beasts after all" He would end his words with a sigh before looking at the notes and pen.  "You are unarmed, but your kind has ways of fighting without sword...or fist" he would shrug.  "Honestly, I've always considered them rather interesting...when I wasn't under their effects." He would give her a small smile, perhaps he was rambling, but in a way she still hadn't quite answered his question.

"I suppose you could say I was looking into a personal matter as well" he would say after hearing her words, failing a silent as he decided if he should answer her.  "Its been a while since I've trusted myself in this world, like I said...I wanted to see how it had changed....theres so many new things" he looked around the library, noticing a computer that he wasn't sure about as well as the simple existence of the library itself. "Tall buildings that scrape the skies...and so many more people, I wonder how they support it all?"  He would look down for a momment, before looking up again, eyes widening a little in emphasis.  "Although I don't suppose it matters, not like I could really affect the living world as I once did, no?"

Player

Hequita Avatar

Hequita

Post by Hequita on Jun 28, 2022 8:08:29 GMT -5

Irisa Ishiwara

Tags:

The Arrancar's answer was surprising - he did not take Irisa's motive of purifying his fellow Arrancar harshly, even seeing it as justified if the Shinigami go after the ordinary Hollows, who are nothing but beasts. Irisa's experience with Arrancar was not great - corruption had twisted them into villainy or flamboyance, and they saw Shinigami as no more than riddances to destroy and humiliate. One of their kind who was lost, wondering about the nature of the world? Perhaps Takano had a bit of a point when he was talking about how they should find a way to talk to these people...

"Mortals certainly have been making massive strides in the past few centuries. When I first stepped foot in the World of the Living, they had neither these sky scrapers nor those computers - even books like these were rare," Irisa explained, answering the Arrancar's comments about the state of the world today. After placing her book in the shelf, she faintly waved to him and gently walked forward past the library shelves, inviting him for a stroll. "Now, their level of technology can match our own, if not surpass it. Not even talking about the wastes of Hueco Mundo."

Irisa suddenly stopped and turned to the Arrancar. "It makes all the battles between our races all the more deadly and dangerous, ya know," she confirmed and folded her arms. "Whatcha mean by "affecting the living world", though? What are you trying to affect?"

Player

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Jun 28, 2022 13:37:25 GMT -5

Nez would smile at the woman.  "You have been observing this world for a while, then?" he would bow his head slightly, deciding to flirt a little, perhaps in a hopeless battle.  "Impressive, you don't look a day over 18" He would stand to follow her as she moved through the area, eyes moving to the books to either side of the pair, reading what he could of their titles and contents from their spines.  "Shinigami, and humans I suppose, share similarities in their way of thinking, growing stronger, training and developing technology...its impressive and I would love to look at some of your people abilities in a situation where it wasn't being used against me...." his tone made it clear that it wasn't something he held against her people or her.  "From what I've seen of my people I would say we are not as technologically advanced as either of you, but the sheer number of us, the way we grow stronger, and finally how the strong rule...something of a meritocracy, in a way." he would shrug before shaking his head.  Perhaps he was telling this girl...no, this shinigami a bit too much.

"Battles between our races will always be deadly, there is no way to stop it.  There are those that are slave to the hunger and pain but also some who relish it, crave that strength no matter the cost one must pay...or make others pay."  As she stopped, his eyes moved down to her crossed arms, raising a single eyebrow in curiosity.  His eyes moved up as a human passed by their location, looking down the aisle and then moving on, not seeing them.  "I can't affect them, tell them what to do, offer suggestion or talk...they can't see or hear me, I can't change this world...only my own" unspoken were his thoughts about those within the white sands....how strong they were and how weak he was.

Player

Hequita Avatar

Hequita

Post by Hequita on Jun 30, 2022 11:24:44 GMT -5

Irisa Ishiwara

Tags:

Irisa noted the Arrancar's flirt attempt, complimenting her youth at this age, but her expression did not change much. Her smile turned a little wider and she replied:

"Thanks, neither do you."

As they strolled throughout the library, he explained his view of the world to her - there was no question that the realm of the Hollows was behind the Shinigami and mortals in technology and society, but that did not hamper them too much. When their world is one of rule by the strong, their ability to grow stronger surpasses their need for modern trinkets, after all.

"Well, you have different priorities, after all," Irisa muttered, conceding, though she would have agreed with the Arrancar. Quite a few of her peers would dare to declare the Arrancar uncivilized, barbaric, especially in discussions behind a cup of tea.

The motivation behind the Arrancar's frustration with the inability to affect the World of the Living, on the other hand. He wished to step foot in the world, to be seen, heard, to be able to do something to change the World of the Living - and yet he could not. This got Irisa to stop, and turn to him with a faintly quizzed expression.

"You cannot take a mortal body, you mean?" she asked. "Us Shinigami used to have this problem in the past, too, but we have developed techniques which allow us to take up a mortal body at will, and interact with mortals. Do you not have access to something similar?"

Player

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Jul 1, 2022 16:45:32 GMT -5

His own lips would move down into a frown, nearly a scowl, as she complimented his younger looks in turn.  He looked at his arm, his hand, holding up to his face.  "I rather hate this body...if I think about it"  He was just so...small and unassuming.  In a world like Hueco Mundo where ones might makes their right it was simply a disadvantage and not one he was sure that he could overcome.  As a human he had been fearsome, as a hollow even moreso...and now he was the runt of the litter, the only beings lower actual children and mindless beasts. Truth be told he knew why this form had been chosen for him when he became an arrancar, some dark reason hidden inside of him.  He preferred not to think about it...and needed to focus on something else, like the shinigami..what had she said?

He shook his head at her question, looking at her with a curious expression.  "I've just become an arrancar...I'm not quite used to how we operate...and if I knew of such a technique from before I was an arrancar..." he trailed off, both of them knowing what would happen if a monster suddenly appeared where humans could see.  He would raise an eyebrow at her, crossing his arms infront of him.  He didn't know her and she didn't know him...and he really didn't want to get his hopes up.

"Could you teach me?"

Player

Hequita Avatar

Hequita

Post by Hequita on Jul 3, 2022 16:00:35 GMT -5

Irisa Ishiwara

Tags:

How surprising. The Arrancar did not know the technique which his kin could employ to interact with the world of the living, much to his frustration, and Irisa's curiosity. She was not read in Arrancar capabilities to take a mortal form and interact, however, so she could not offer much insight there.

Instead, she was confronted with a question. Realizing that his inability to interact with the world was a question of lacking knowledge, rather than physical limit, he asked if Irisa would be able to teach him the technique necessary.

"My, my..."

She's gotten herself into a bit of trouble. Is she going to go and teach an Arrancar, an enemy of Soul Society, a technique which it may use to threaten innocent people? He's been innocent enough thus far, but you never know what unwanted consequences may happen in the future...

An idea popped into Irisa's head, a way to have her cake and eat it too. She flashed a sly smirk, tapped her chin and answered:

"You're asking me to teach you a technique? Well that is going to come at a terrible cost, you know - I don't give away any secrets for free, especially not secrets from Soul Society. If you're willing to pay it..."

For the "price", Irisa slowly closed her eyes and pursed her lips.

Player

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Jul 3, 2022 16:44:43 GMT -5

Nezuel's eyebrows furrowed as the shinigami before him seemed to think about his question for a little while.  He could understand her caution, he was her enemy after all...but did they have to be?  So far the two of them had managed to have a civil conversation.  Perhaps if things continued in this manner, the two of them could be acquaintances, perhaps even friends.  The Queen of Hollows and her minions were not all powerful...and even if he and the shinigami before him were to meet on a battlefield where they had to fight, he'd try his best to defeat her without killing her.

Perhaps it was odd, trusting a shinigami that he had just met, a stranger, that much.  If he were to learn such abilities he'd need a teacher, someone to guide him and...and the other arrancar could be somewhat eccentric if not aloof he had to admit.  He could learn something from someone he couldn't trust if he had to, but perhaps he'd learn to trust in the time it took to teach?

His thoughts were interrupted as her final words hit him, the closing of her eyes, the pose she took, and the pursing of lips.  He had to admit he was still for a second or two before he managed to realize what was happening...she wanted a kiss?  He blinked, taking a step forward towards her, almost hesitantly. He had to admit that her beauty had nothing to do with the age he had commented about before...but to kiss a shinigami?

"If..you are sure" he would say quietly, lifting his head as he approached her.  She was a full foot taller than him...an almost comical hight difference. "Then there are many techniques I wish to learn...and the price is not one I would mind paying many times over" His hand moved up to grab a piece of her clothing on her front, heels leaving the floor as he lifted himself up and pulled her down...then he closed his own red colored eyes and accepted his fate.