13th Division Captain

Partake the cup of my wrath

Muimina Hyakuji Avatar

Muimina Hyakuji

Post by Muimina Hyakuji on Oct 12, 2022 7:29:32 GMT -5

ALTAIR
Unknown

𝖳𝖠𝖦𝖲:

Interesting. So this arrancar, brought a shinigami to their hideout in Hueco Mundo, for whatever but amusing reason, perhaps. It was not the first time he had encountered an arrancar quite fond with a shinigami. Well, why had he been friends with Sufre, anyway? Though, he must say, the guy was unique in that he was operating on his own, and not under the service of what the hollowed humans call “The Queen.”

“Well, that really is something. I don’t think I’ve heard of any arrancars who had lured a shinigami in, and then eventually siding with them. Especially in front of the Queen. You must be quite enamoured by this shinigami to do such…” foolish, would be the appropriate word in his opinion, yet of course, he did not want to upset the man, thus, he chose to be careful with his words,” … careless act.”

The raven-haired arrancar then shared further that their leader had a method of tracking him, and thus, tries his best to keep away from her radar, how ever possible.

“Well, your past is going to haunt you. One day, you will find yourself at a dead end, and you will have no choice but to fight it, or die trying.”

It was something he probably learned from quite a mountain of experience, having to walk this earth, and in between realms for some thousands of years now, after the War.

“Must be quite odd hearing this from a stranger. But it is advice I would take seriously. The world is like a sea of thieves, and you should trust no one. Even friends can betray their closest ones.”

Whether he was pertaining to the arrancar's devotion to the shinigami, one could only guess. But given the arrancar's current state, Altair thought he'd be vulnerable, easily trusting people he'd meet along the way.

[310]

Shadows still hunt us in broad daylight.

Player

Continuing to slaughter, kill, take. Life is to constantly sin. Life is evil itself.

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Oct 13, 2022 12:36:46 GMT -5

"Make no mistake," Nezuel would respond to the shinigami as he spoke about the world and whom one could put their trust into.  "I've already learned not to trust the one that put me in this position." He was, of course, referring to Irisa with that statement but in many ways it could refer to the arrancar himself.  He'd known Irisa had been manipulating him for his own goals and he'd gone along with it out of some misplaced affection. Barring the unlikelihood of her feeling the same he had hoped, atleast, for some amount of friendship.  Perhaps it was impossible between him and shinigami, or perhaps Irisa had just never considered him worth anything in the first place. 

Both thoughts had their points.

"Yet going around never trusting anyone is a terrible way to live, especially if one is weak." he shrugged.  "I am not strong and it is useful to have the ear of the powerful so they might call upon you should you need help." He'd destroyed the phone that could get him into contact with Gaia, a foolish move now but he'd made it.  "It is better to trust once and forget should they betray that trust.  If I live for so long that I grow powerful enough to survive by myself...perhaps then but even so I hope not to have such a lonely existence."

"My choices, some I regret true, but they have led me here and at the end of the day they are mine.  If I hadn't had made them as I had I wouldn't be me.  But besides that, why should I trust you...if you should say I shouldn't trust anyone?  What has happened in your life, to make you so jadded?"

GAME MASTER

13th Division Captain

Partake the cup of my wrath

Muimina Hyakuji Avatar

Muimina Hyakuji

Post by Muimina Hyakuji on Oct 21, 2022 3:32:03 GMT -5

ALTAIR
Unknown

𝖳𝖠𝖦𝖲:

“It’s not like you’re going to avoid interacting with people,” Altair countered the arrancar’s points, “...and it’s not like you can’t enjoy life without trusting anyone… perhaps you misunderstood me there.”

The raven-haired man would face the shorter guy, his robe fluttering as he turned to him, “I only meant to use this… and not this,” pointing to his head first, and then to his heart.

“Be on your guard, and do not let your heart decide for you. Emotions are rather powerful. They can be difficult to control. Allow it to take over, and you’re screwed.”

The rogue shinigami then pulled out a box of cigar, took one out and lit it with his fingertips. It was at this point that the arrancar answered back, asking why should he trust the shinigami if he was advising him, not too?

“That’s the point, innit?” A puff of smoke came out of his mouth as he spoke, “You don’t.”

“Or rather, you should have not. But you have given me your name, which basically means there’s an amount of trust in there…” A smug, teasing smile.

“Anyway, I better get going. It’s nice meeting you, Nezuel. I will remember that name.”

“As for my name, or what I am, you will know in time. For now…”

“... here’s a little gift for you.”

He’d throw the box of cigar at the arrancar. It was up to him to catch it or not. To Altair, it was a test for the arrancar. Perhaps, a little indication if he had taken the rogue’s precautions seriously or not. If he didn’t catch it, it would explode, if he did, it would remain intact.

The arrancar might not grasp the intention behind it yet, which was entirely fair. Yet, he hoped he could explain in time.

This encounter might just be an inopportune encounter for Nezuel, but for Altair, it was a prelude to his plans. Whether an arrancar was a necessary inclusion to that scheme, only time will tell.

[348]

Shadows still hunt us in broad daylight.

Player

Continuing to slaughter, kill, take. Life is to constantly sin. Life is evil itself.

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Oct 22, 2022 20:00:32 GMT -5

Nezuel looked to the side as the shinigami started on his lessons.  He'd already been a student of a shinigami before so perhaps his heart, and thus his mind, was gated from his words.  Yet there would be time to think about them and look at himself in the following days...assuming he survived them.  The shinigami told him to follow his mind instead of his heart, but the world wasn't that simple.  Were that he didn't have a heart and only a brain.  Perhaps he'd be smarter than he was now, cold and calculating and safe.  But a mind could be led astray like a heart could, just by using different methods.    He did have to agree with the shinigami on the the second part of his words, however.  Depending solely or too heavily on ones heart was just inviting trouble.  Yet apart of him still longed to find someone that he could truth with both of those parts, body and mind...perhaps even soul if he still had one after all this time.

The shinigami tossed something at him and he had the odd feeling that it wasn't so simple a thing as catching it or not.  He'd given the shinigami his name, true, but what was that worth here and now?  Perhaps it could allow him to gleam some information about him....but not any more than his description would to those that already knew him.  He cut his hand down in front of him, a garganta opening and closing quickly as the 'gift' fell into it.  He raised an eyebrow at the man as smoke or some such wafted out just before it closed.

"We've just met so don't take it personally, but I don't trust you.  Perhaps this is a fortuitous encounter or perhaps its the opposite, either way I think we'll see each other again someday.  Good luck until then."

A box of kido appeared around Nezuel, two small gargantas inside.  Within the span of a second he had gone, taking his thoughts and future comments with him.