Bleach Hereafter RPG

Tryouts

Player

Continuing to slaughter, kill, take. Life is to constantly sin. Life is evil itself.

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Jul 21, 2022 22:20:06 GMT -5

Things had progressed rather smoothly for Nezuel ever since he had become an arrancar.  Diplomacy had been an option that had been denied to him as a full hollow and now that he a tleast appeared human it seemed other entities gave him the time of day.  He still wasn't fully convinced that this was some kind of ploy by those that he had talked to, a sick play by the universe to give him hope only to take it away at the realization that he was being used in one way or another.  Yet so far he liked the people that he had gotten to know, Takano, Gaia, Lazarus, Irisa.  He paused to think, his mind going over the past two before he focused on the Lazarus in particular.

Takano's and Gaia's group had certain qualities that made it somewhat desirable to join them...multiple members of different races being experimented upon by the shinigami scientist...but what they seemed to lack was a quincy.  Gaia had seemed interested in finding a quincy to talk to, a peaceful quincy at the least, and perhaps Lazarus was just the person to talk to for that.  There was, of course, one issue with that.  Mainly, he didn't know where to find the man.

Yet he had a guess, traveling back to the same tall building he had met the man on before, remembering their words on how they might meet again and how he might return here, literally to this building.  He closed his eyes, focusing on the power within him, the core of his power.  He slowly began to release riatsu into the air, a dangerous amount for a hollow so clearly corrupted by one thing or another.  Yet as he regained more and more of the previous power that he had achieved as a full hollow his riatsu seemed to clear and become more akin to a shinigami.  It  was still certainly an arrancar's but pretty soon it might be mistaken as something else.

Regardless, he looked around, waiting to see if the red haired quincy would come to play again.

Player

What is it that makes you tick...

Lazarus Jeager Avatar

Lazarus Jeager

Post by Lazarus Jeager on Jul 21, 2022 23:12:23 GMT -5

What had started as a random excursion to the human realm once or twice had now started feeling like a regulars routine, the crimson mane of hair slowing freely this day as Lazarus found himself once again in the world of the living. While he hadn't come across anyone interesting since his crossing with the hollow boy, his mind would wonder back to that day every so often, and as it did he found himself making his way back to the building. He'd never openly admit it if Nezuel asked, but he'd been back a handful of times already, although they had probably just missed one another timing wise, he would usually stick around for an hour or two, waiting as long as possible before returning home each time to see if they might cross paths once again.

As luck would have it, there was a familiar reiatsu in the air, one that he recognized after a moment or two of concentration. His feet would click onto the rooftop of the building, his uniform more militaristic in nature this visit, having come from training just moments before. He didn't bother to put his hair up, knowing he had forgotten any hair ties back in the barracks. Opting to simply let the hair fall as it may, he'd call out to the other with a raised hand, a smirk across his face as he did so.

"Well if it isn't my favorite Arrancar, how have you been Nezuel?"

Player

Continuing to slaughter, kill, take. Life is to constantly sin. Life is evil itself.

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Jul 22, 2022 19:52:25 GMT -5

Admitingly it had taken Lazarus some time to find Nezuel.  The two star crossed representatives of their races seeming to always have bad timing.  Nezuel, however, had come prepared to wait for quite a long time.  Gaia had taken him to a library and stocked him up on a few books to read as homework.  A few of them were romance novels, an attempt by the fullbringer to help him woo a certain individual, perhaps.  So as Lazarus came  to the same rooftop that they had met before, he would find the arrancar on his back, a book propped on top of him as his elbows dug into his stomach.  The book was popular, he had been told, or at least well known, the tale of two lovers from rival houses Romeo and Juliet.

He propped himself up on his elbows as he saw the red haired quincy, a smile forming on his lips as he heard his words.  "Your favorite arrancar Laz?" he'd get onto his feet, letting to book fall to the roof floor.  "Do you have many arrancar friends...or are you just trying to make me jealous?" He came closer to the quincy, looking him over.  He looked like he had hurried here from somewhere...and was he sweating?  He had to admit that it wasn't the worst scent if so.  "Well...I can forgive you I suppose, I do love a man in uniform." he gave the quincy a wink before turning and heading back to the edge.

"I've been well...and I have good news, I might have found an organization dedicated to peace...or perhaps at least cooperation between the realms.  It should be a safe place to talk freely..." he tilted his head as he turned back around sharply.  "If that's something you're still interested in?"

Player

Lazarus Jeager Avatar

Lazarus Jeager

Post by Lazarus Jeager on Jul 22, 2022 21:21:05 GMT -5

His smirk would grow just a touch at the information given to him by the arrancar, amber hues shifting to glance at the books a moment or two, curious as to how Nezuel got himself literature. Though it was true this was the first and only hollow he'd talked with, there was no harm in a bit of fun at the others expense.

"Well I never said you were the only arrancar I've met, let alone had some free time with, though that's a conversation for another day. I am still interested in that little tid bit of information though, what kind of trade would you be looking for in return for say...telling me the location of this would be peace place?"

The potential of a place where he might speak freely to other races was more than enough to get his mind running away with conversations, to be able to sit with hollow or shinigami and not be in fear of imminent demise, the prospects were infinite. Though he assumed such information wasn't going to come freely, he was almost willing to agree to terms on the spot for whatever Nezuel asked. He'd hold his tongue though, as their last encounter showed that the arrancar had a bit of a devious mind and a playful nature, at least in Lazarus' eyes. While he posed the question, he was almost afraid of what the answer might be, hoping the arrancar wouldn't ask for too much right off the bat. Looking down at his uniform a moment, he'd unbutton the top button of his jacket, sighing in relief as the cooler air found its way to his neck. A gentle breeze would lift his hair a bit off his shoulder, his eyes closing a moment as he stood there atop the building and simply enjoyed the winds as they passed by.

Player

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Jul 22, 2022 21:31:02 GMT -5

Nezuel's eyes narrowed and his smile became lop sided as the Quincy before him undid the top button of his uniform.  He had an idea, certainly, but the red haired man before him was giving him other thoughts. "Thats alright, actually." he would say before looking around the rooftop.  "As it so happens, I don't mind a bit of sharing." he would laugh at the double entendre  "As for a trade, well, I can think of several things I would want from you that might be worth such information, for all I know you could be a spy...so very very risky."

He would laugh quietly as he looked the quincy up and down, this time not doing so subtly.  "You seem to be coming from some sort of activity, no?  How about a wager?" his mind flashed back to similar words he had said to a blond shinigami woman.  "If you win you get to ask a favor of me, such as the location of said group...and if I win I get to ask a favor or you, does that seem fair?"

He wasn't really sure how strong Laz was but he knew he wasn't a pushover.  He also knew that the group couldn't afford any true weaklings...discounting the shinigami scientist of course.  It was killing two birds with one stone.  If he beat Nezuel he proved he was strong enough to join...and if he didn't, well, he had some idea what he'd ask for.

"When you're ready" he'd say, winking at the quincy before flying into the sky and creating a reishi platform.  No reason to destroy the roof after all.

Iniative HIbyVu0r1d100
1d100

Player

Lazarus Jeager Avatar

Lazarus Jeager

Post by Lazarus Jeager on Jul 22, 2022 22:22:58 GMT -5

There was a brief pause as his upper lip twitched, his smirk falling to a subtle smile, intrigue dancing behind normally calmer eyes. There was a dance of sorts being played between the two, cat and mouse if you will, and he wasn't sure who was who in the moment of things. What he did know was there was a challenge being cast out, information if and only if he could pry a victory from the arrancar. the idea of owing anyone a favor was unsettling, let alone this individual who looked at him like he might be prey, or perhaps that last once over meant something entirely different. All bits of information aside, Lazarus did actually want to see what he was capable of compared to the hollow acquaintance before him, an itch he was lucky enough to scratch today.

"Fair enough for me, let's get too it then..."

He would join the other, though his ascension to the sky was similar to once standing on a platform that carried him up naturally than having to fly through the sky itself. While he normally held his reiatsu close to his body to avoid making people feel uncomfortable, he'd allow it to flow freely about the air. If felt one might get the sensation of being watched from some unseeable entity, that 'eyes on you' sensation you might feel in the dead of night walking alone through a forest. Previously bright amber hues seemingly darkened a touch under the lashes he was peering through, smile present on his lips, Lazarus prepared himself for what was to be a continuation of the training he had been doing just before arriving here.

Initiative JoneICy_1d1001d100

Player

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Jul 24, 2022 9:02:34 GMT -5

He watched the quincy as he rose to meet the arrancar, the thought of a quincy, a being closer to an angel than he ever could be, rising to meet a devil...somewhat ironic.  The thought had no place in his mind, simply the nonsensical way his thoughts sometimes were.  As Lazarus rose to meet the arrancar he would feel his riatsu flare out, the hold he kept on it finally released.  He looked around the two of them before realizing that was simply what his riatsu felt like.  It was unsettling but he had handled words...hollows were a scary bunch after all.  Yet even as Lazarus let his riatsu flare, Nezuel pulled back on his own, wrapping it around his body to better match the quincy's own.  "I could overwhelm you, I think, but that'd be no fun."

He didn't  draw his sword, perhaps the quincy would take such as an insult if he hadn't fought an arrancar before, but he thought his hierro would be hard enough to get through...and the fact that he didn't think using the weapon was wholly appropriate for this fight.  "I'm surprised you'd agree so readily." he'd say with a smile  "I'd figure you might show some hesitation...but I do like brave, if foolish, men." he put a finger to his lips.  "I do wonder what you'd want from me if you won, though."

He took his hand off of himself, holding it out palm to the sky.  "Come at me then quincy, show me what you've got"
COMBAT TRACKER

Nezuel suppresses his riatsu to match Laz's

At-Will: Suppression: You may use this technique to reduce your Current Reiatsu Level to a value of your choice. While your Reiatsu Level is suppressed, you cannot use any Releases.

Bonus Action:

Standard Action:

Standard Action:

ACTIVE EFFECTS

CLASS Caster
ATTUNED: As a passive effect, your max Reishi is increased by 50, you regain 3 Reishi at the end of your turn, and all non-basic Kido spells cost -5 less Reishi.
POTENT: You start with the Enhanced Byakurai Basic Attack Spell and the cost is reduced to 6 Reishi.

TRAITS
INDOMITABLE: You gain +3 Damage Reduction (DR) per attack on your turn.
REBUKE: As an at-will effect when hit with any attack, you deal Reishi drain back to the attacker equal to the lowest rolled natural dice of the attack that hit you

TECHNIQUES
REIRYOKU ABSORPTION: As an at-will action, siphon 10 Reishi from any foe(s) for each time they hit you with an attack and reduce your HP. (3/3) -0 reishi

SPELLS
BAKUDŌ #41: KYŌMON (MIRROR GATE): As a bonus action, you avoid all but the highest rolled natural damage die from one non-critical attack that hit you. You deal the highest natural damage die back to the attacker as direct damage. If the attack would inflict a non-special status, you instead inflict that status back onto your opponent. No roll necessary. (2/2) -5 Reishi
BAKUDŌ #33: SŌEIGEKI (BLUE SLEET ATTACK): As a bonus action you have a 80% chance to inflict two stacks of the Cripple status effect on your target. Also inflicts a stack of special status effect Frostbite. Frostbite drains for 5 Reishi per turn and lasts for two more turns after Cripple is removed. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%. (2/2) -0 Reishi
BAKUDŌ #22: HAKUFUKU (WHITE CRAWL): As a bonus action you have a 80% chance to inflict the Stagger status on your target and upon infliction it deals a 3d6 worth of direct damage. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95% (2/2) -0 Reishi

RELEASE

REIATSU: 50,000
HP: 70/70 | REISHI: 160/160 | DEF: 70 | DMG DIE: d9 | ACC: +20

Player

Lazarus Jeager Avatar

Lazarus Jeager

Post by Lazarus Jeager on Jul 24, 2022 18:26:09 GMT -5

While his Arrancar acquaintance wasn't going to draw a weapon for this fight, Lazarus would likely have too in order to do anything fortuitous in this little sparring match of theirs. Holding both hands out, he would gather the reishi around him, the energy focusing in his palms for a moment as particles flew from all directions to answer his call. It took only but a moment before the flash of while and blue reishi particles would engulf his palms, fading slowly to reveal his weapon, or rather weapons, of choice. In his left hand lay a straight sword, the reishi so dense it would appear almost real. His right hand held something a kin to a hand bow of sorts, definitely small in comparison to some of the other spiritual weapons made this way, but it was what worked for him.

"Truth be told I've been looking to blow off some steam as of late, and if what you say is true, then I won't have to hold much back and really let go of some anger. Apologies in advance if I do any real damage..."

The words came out with a touch of malice, not directed towards Nezuel, but just released into the world. his demeanor had changed as he moved to strike, smile fading as his feet carried him forward, eyes narrowing with the beginning of his assault. It would be a moment of two before he was upon the other, his left hand raised and poised to strike with a downward swing of the blade. His right hand would come up in the opposite manner, an arrow pulled back to fire at the center of Nezuels chest. While this would normally be the end of his onslaught of attacks, he wanted to test the words of the hollow before him, and doing so would involve some Quincy magics. His left hand would come back up, fingers dragging some ancient runic symbols with them as he muttered under his breathe a quick chant to allow for the agility of the spell. What would be produced was a thin white beam of energy erupting from his index finger, which would be pointed to the stomach area of his opponent. A single but effective spell that could do decent damage, granted it and all his other attacks would have to surpass whatever the defenses of the Arrancar may be.

COMBAT TRACKER
SUMMARY
Put a summary here.

At-Will:
HADŌ #4: BYAKURAI (PALE LIGHTNING)
You fire a bolt of white lightning from the fingertip.
Type: Basic Attack
Action: Standard Action
Damage: Roll 2 damage dice.
Effects: None
Cost: 3 Reishi
Enhanced: 3 times per battle, you may use Byakurai as an At-Will Action.
Acc - t5QlOWkz1d100+25
Dmg - 2d5

Bonus Action: Focus Energy -
Type: Utility
Effect: Increase your Accuracy with Attacks on this turn by +15. A focused attack cannot have its damage negated by Guard.
Cost: 9 Reishi
Limit: None
Enhanced: If used with an Attack Spell, that spell now has an additional +15% chance to inflict Status Effects on the turn. If used with a Physical Attack, any additional uses on the same turn stack +1 additional bonus damage per attack on that turn. | -0 reishi cost

Standard Action: STRIKE
You unleash a single powerful physical attack or a flurry of quick strikes.
Damage: Roll 1 damage dice.
Cost: None
Enhanced: Upgrades to two damage dice. - Effects | -0 reishi cost
Acc - 1d100+25
Dmg - 1d5

Standard Action: STRIKE
Enhanced: Upgrades to two damage dice. | -0 reishi cost
Acc - 1d100+25
Dmg - 1d5

ACTIVE EFFECTS

CLASS
Caster

TRAITS
ATTUNED
As a passive effect, your max Reishi is increased by 50, you regain 3 Reishi at the end of your turn, and all non-basic Kido spells cost -5 less Reishi.

POTENT
You start with the Enhanced Byakurai Basic Attack Spell and the cost is reduced to 6 Reishi. (2/3 uses remaining)

Efficiency
Activate: None (Passive)
Effect: Your Basic Techs & Spells cost -1 less Reishi | Standard Techs & Spells cost -2 less Reishi | Release, Advanced, & Forbidden Techs/Spells cost -3 less Reishi. The minimum cost for any Tech or Spell (whose base cost is not already 0) is 1 Reishi.

TECHNIQUES
REIRYOKU ABSORPTION
As an at-will action, siphon 10 Reishi from any foe(s) for each time they hit you with an attack and reduce your HP.

SPELLS
BAKUDO #14: SHIMOKU
As a bonus action all Basic Attacks you use have a 50% chance to inflict your choice of Wound, Burn, or Poison status for the duration.

BAKUDO #33: SOEIGEK
As a bonus action you have a 80% chance to inflict two stacks of the Cripple status effect on your target. Also inflicts a stack of special status effect Frostbite.
RELEASE

REIATSU: 10,000
HP: 50/50 | REISHI: 138/150 | DEF: 55 | DMG DIE: d5 | ACC: +10

1d100+25·2d5·1d100+25·1d5·1d100+25·1d5

Player

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Jul 24, 2022 21:17:15 GMT -5

He was rather curious of the quincy's arsenal.  He knew that they sometimes collected spiritual energy to them to form their weapons but those weapons could have a variety of forms.  The last quincy he had met, Vance, had a gun that had shot out spiritual projectiles.  It was rather odd, now that he thought about it, that they made noise when he didn't think they had to.   Either way it seemed that his freind Laz was more the up front and personal type, a sword and small bow his weapons. 

He came at him, his left side swing of the sword coming down upon Nezuel but it seemed to lack any real weight behind it.  He brought his hand up, stopping the blade on his palm as his stone skin absorbed the blow.  Yet his eyes shifted to the side as the quincy released his arrow, palm staying open as he moved his free hand to intercept that attack.  The arrow hit him, burrowing into his palm and causing a drop of blood...somewhat painful but still manageable.

Unfortunately the two moves left him wide open for the final attack, the runes the quincy drew were finished before Nezuel noticed them, perhaps distracted by their familiarity as the attack hit him fully in the chest.  The power burned off some of his outfit but not enough to be indecent.  Instead of a painful expression on his face, Nezuel had one of joy and excitement.  "How interesting," he would say as he held up a hand towards the quincy's face.  "BAKUDŌ #22: HAKUFUKU" the kido would hopefully take, distracting quincy as he brought up his legs to kick him twice, aiming for the head.

COMBAT TRACKER

Laz's Byakurai vs 70 def - hit - 7-3 (hierro) = 4 damage Laz's strike vs 70 def - miss
Laz's strike vs 70 def - hit - 4-3 (hierro) = 1 damage
At-Will: Rebuke: -4 reishi damage to Laz

Bonus Action: BAKUDŌ #22: HAKUFUKU - 0 reishi
Will inflict stagger if under 80 8MIc86711d80
If successfull inflict 3d6 direct damage 3d6

Standard Action: strike - 0 reishi
1d100+20
1d9

1d100+20
1d9

ACTIVE EFFECTS Suppresion - 10,000 RL

CLASS Caster
ATTUNED: As a passive effect, your max Reishi is increased by 50, you regain 3 Reishi at the end of your turn, and all non-basic Kido spells cost -5 less Reishi.
POTENT: You start with the Enhanced Byakurai Basic Attack Spell and the cost is reduced to 6 Reishi.

TRAITS
REBUKE: As an at-will effect when hit with any attack, you deal Reishi drain back to the attacker equal to the lowest rolled natural dice of the attack that hit you

TECHNIQUES
REIRYOKU ABSORPTION: As an at-will action, siphon 10 Reishi from any foe(s) for each time they hit you with an attack and reduce your HP. (3/3) -0 reishi

SPELLS
BAKUDŌ #41: KYŌMON (MIRROR GATE): As a bonus action, you avoid all but the highest rolled natural damage die from one non-critical attack that hit you. You deal the highest natural damage die back to the attacker as direct damage. If the attack would inflict a non-special status, you instead inflict that status back onto your opponent. No roll necessary. (2/2) -5 Reishi
BAKUDŌ #33: SŌEIGEKI (BLUE SLEET ATTACK): As a bonus action you have a 80% chance to inflict two stacks of the Cripple status effect on your target. Also inflicts a stack of special status effect Frostbite. Frostbite drains for 5 Reishi per turn and lasts for two more turns after Cripple is removed. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%. (2/2) -0 Reishi
BAKUDŌ #22: HAKUFUKU (WHITE CRAWL): As a bonus action you have a 80% chance to inflict the Stagger status on your target and upon infliction it deals a 3d6 worth of direct damage. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95% (1/2) -0 Reishi

RELEASE

REIATSU: 50,000 (10,000)
HP: 65/70 | REISHI: 160/160 | DEF: 70 | DMG DIE: d9 | ACC: +20
1d80·3d6·1d100+20·1d9·1d100+20·1d9
Last Edit: Jul 24, 2022 21:22:07 GMT -5 by nezuel

Player

Lazarus Jeager Avatar

Lazarus Jeager

Post by Lazarus Jeager on Jul 24, 2022 22:18:59 GMT -5

While his attacks were connecting, he could tell there wasn't much effect, all of that and he had barely managed to draw a bit of blood. In return however he would be met with some kind of spell from the hollow that would not only disorient his senses, but wrack his body with pain as it took hold of his senses for the moment. That moment was all his opponent needed to counter with two leg strikes, the first of which he would barely be able to duck under, though the effects of whatever the spell was had left him sluggish, and the second hit hit him square in the temple. This left him reeling a bit, though he wouldn't give up the goose so soon, gritting his teeth he'd follow in turn with his own continued onslaught of attacks.

Whether from the spell or the strike to to temple, Lazarus was struggling to maintain his normal level of reishi manipulation, he was having trouble regulating the amount and found himself wasting more than necessary, though he needed to keep off the back foot in the fight for as long as possible. He'd lift his right hand up and begin chanting as he did so, his left hand drawing forth the same runes as before while he chanted a separate spell.

"Let my power embody that of the mistress winter, allow her frigid cold be bane to my enemies, freeze over the hells along with my enemies..."

While a torrent of icy chilled wind and sleet erupted from his palms towards Nezuel, Lazarus would once again fire off that same small beam of Quincy energy, aiming for the left shoulder this time. Hopefully the sleet would take hold and freeze up the hollow long enough for his next two strikes to hit their mark. Said attacks coming in the form of a downward swing of his blade, followed up with another arrow, this time aimed at the right thigh. He could tell from the first trade of blows that he was likely in for an up hill battle, though his anger and stress were slowly seeping away, flowing from his body into the attacks he sent Nezuel's way. Even if he lost and owed the Arrancar a favor, at least he could get some of his frustrations out in the process.

COMBAT TRACKER
SUMMARY

Hakufuku effect: success, Damage taken: 8
Basic Strike vs 55 def: Miss
Basic Strike vs 55 def: Hit, Damage Taken 8
Sense (2/3 uses remaining)

At-Will:
SENSE
You focus your own Reishi to reach out and feel the spiritual energy of others around you.
Action: Reactive At-Will
Effect: You gain +5 Defense versus all attacks targeting you this turn; additionally, you gain +5 Accuracy with all attacks used this turn.
Limit: Three times per thread.

Action: At Will
Acc: wG19tGE41d100+15
Damage: 2d5
Cost: 15 Reishi

Bonus Action:
BAKUDŌ #33: SŌEIGEKI (BLUE SLEET ATTACK)
You direct your hands toward your target. An icy breeze littered with sleet rushes towards them. On contact, the sleet freezes that part of the body and can render an opponent completely immobile.
Activate: Bonus Action
Effect: As a bonus action you have a 80% chance to inflict two stacks of the Cripple status effect on your target. Also inflicts a stack of special status effect Frostbite. Frostbite drains for 5 Reishi per turn and lasts for two more turns after Cripple is removed. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%.
Cost: 13 Reishi.
Must roll 80 or below 1d100

Standard Action:
STRIKE
Acc: 1d100+15
Damage: 1d5
Cost: 9

Standard Action:
STRIKE
Acc: 1d100+15
Damage: 1d5
Cost: 9

ACTIVE EFFECTS

CLASS
Caster

TRAITS
ATTUNED
As a passive effect, your max Reishi is increased by 50, you regain 3 Reishi at the end of your turn, and all non-basic Kido spells cost -5 less Reishi.

POTENT
You start with the Enhanced Byakurai Basic Attack Spell and the cost is reduced to 6 Reishi. (1/3 uses remaining)

Efficiency
Effect: Your Basic Techs & Spells cost -1 less Reishi | Standard Techs & Spells cost -2 less Reishi | Release, Advanced, & Forbidden Techs/Spells cost -3 less Reishi. The minimum cost for any Tech or Spell (whose base cost is not already 0) is 1 Reishi.

TECHNIQUES
REIRYOKU ABSORPTION
As an at-will action, siphon 10 Reishi from any foe(s) for each time they hit you with an attack and reduce your HP. (3/3 uses remaining)

SPELLS
As a bonus action all Basic Attacks you use have a 50% chance to inflict your choice of Wound, Burn, or Poison status for the duration.
(2/2 uses remaining)

As a bonus action you have a 80% chance to inflict two stacks of the Cripple status effect on your target. Also inflicts a stack of special status effect Frostbite. (1/2 uses remaining)
RELEASE

HP: 34/50 | REISHI: 91/150 | DEF: 55 | DMG DIE: d5 | ACC: +10
1d100+15·2d5·1d100·1d100+15·1d5·1d100+15·1d5

Player

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Jul 25, 2022 17:48:41 GMT -5

Nez felt his blow connect, his leg hitting the quincy and sending the man backwards.  He inspected him as he slowly let his leg drop back onto the reishi platform he had made.  He frowned as his opponent started to chant something once again.  His thoughts would go to dodging the attack or blocking through it but it was a tedious balance in this spar.  He was stronger than the red haired spell caster and it was likely that he could take him down if he focused soley on the offensive...but he wanted to know what he was capable of and every single spell or attack he used told him more and more about the man.  So far he had found him somewhat lacking, but perhaps that would change.

He held up his hand as the wave of ice reached for him.  He could do something similar, which was intriguing.  Perhaps kido was just a way to manipulate certain energies within and without the body...so perhaps anyone could use it by simply taking the same or different path.  Either way, the ice formed along Nezuel, partly because he knew it did no damage and because he knew Laz needed something to work against him.

His beam of energy missed, moving off to the size as Nezuel moved his body even though it was slightly encased in ice.  As his sword was brought down he had managed to free one hand but too slowly the blade hit him in the shoulder.  With a shower of sparks and breaking frost, the sword bounced off, then he felt a small pain in his leg.  "Impressive...." he would say, before focusing on the arrow and his sword arm, drawing the energy from the attack to him and draining the man even further.  "But how long can you keep up the pace...you seem to be laboring quite hard for such simple attacks."

The smile he gave him implied he knew what was happening and that he had been the source of it. He held up a hand with a smile, focusing his power into the ice around him and moulding it to his own need as he sent a wave of similar energy at the quincy. "BAKUDŌ #33: SŌEIGEKI" He quickly followed up with a very simple punch, aimed straight at his torso.

COMBAT TRACKER

Laz's Byakurai vs 70 def - miss
Laz's strike vs 70 def - hit - 4-3 (hierro) = 1 damage
Laz's strike vs 70 def - hit - 2-3 (hierro) = 0 damage
2 stacks of cripple
1 stack of frostbite -5 reishi
+1 reish end of turn
At-Will: Rebuke: -4 reishi damage to Laz
REIRYOKU ABSORPTION: -20 reishi  damage to Laz

Bonus Action: BAKUDŌ #33: SŌEIGEKI
Must roll 80 or under to inflict cripple HBHhVm2b1d100

1d100+20
1d9

Standard Action:

CLASS Caster

TRAITS

TECHNIQUES
REIRYOKU ABSORPTION: As an at-will action, siphon 10 Reishi from any foe(s) for each time they hit you with an attack and reduce your HP. (2/3) -0 reishi

SPELLS
BAKUDŌ #33: SŌEIGEKI (BLUE SLEET ATTACK): As a bonus action you have a 80% chance to inflict two stacks of the Cripple status effect on your target. Also inflicts a stack of special status effect Frostbite. Frostbite drains for 5 Reishi per turn and lasts for two more turns after Cripple is removed. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%. (1/2) -0 Reishi
BAKUDŌ #22: HAKUFUKU (WHITE CRAWL): As a bonus action you have a 80% chance to inflict the Stagger status on your target and upon infliction it deals a 3d6 worth of direct damage. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95% (1/2) -0 Reishi

RELEASE

HP: 64/70 | REISHI: 154/160 | DEF: 70 | DMG DIE: d9 | ACC: +20
1d100·1d100+20·1d9
Last Edit: Jul 25, 2022 20:29:58 GMT -5 by nezuel

Player

Lazarus Jeager Avatar

Lazarus Jeager

Post by Lazarus Jeager on Jul 25, 2022 20:19:33 GMT -5

There were beads of sweat steadily building around his face and neck, chest rising and falling heavily as he felt the effects of the spell slowly fade from his body, his own hits connecting for little to no damage at all, the thick skin of the hollow all but neutralizing the damage his attacks held behind them. Feeling his reishi being ripped from him after his attacks connected drained him further, a low groan falling between each breathe, eyes narrowing further at the saddening display of the difference in their power. not only that but Nezuel countered with a copy of his own spell, his arms raising up an a vein attempt to block the sleet and icy, only to feel it coat his arms and chest. Though the ice on his chest wouldn't last long as he felt a blow connect with his torso, pushing him further back into the sky as he coughed and sputtered from the strike.

"As long as I have too to keep doing damage, if there's nothing else that bastard taught me, he did drill into my head that it was better to lose fighting than to quit before the battles over..."

Steadying his breathing, Lazarus focused his mind once more, honing in on the Arrancar like reiatsu, holding onto it as he brought his hands together, staring the other down with eyes that appeared to grow heavier as the fight went on. Runic glyphs of Quincy magic swirled around his bow and sword for a moment, thrumming with energy as the blades edge became jagged and rough, the bow itself taking on a pointed appearance as the arrow drawn into it held a barbed tip now.

"Rip into my enemies and let their blood nurture the earth, shred through flesh and steel alike, leave them a wound without mending...."

For the third time he would point his finger outward, firing off that same beam of energy in an attempt to harm the hollow before him. Lazarus would opt for a more ranged option, though he imagined if Nezuel wanted he could close the distance with ease. Two shots from the hand bow were fired, aiming this time for the right side of the ribcage and the left thigh. The arrows had different more barbed tips now, his spell effecting not only the blade but the arrows he fired from his bow. His focus was in tact, though the cost of fighting this hard was beginning to show on him, and although he liked the uniform in its entirety, a hand would come up to undo the buttons holding the jacket closed. the shirt underneath was beginning to collect a bit of sweat at the collar, wrinkled from the strike to the torso he took.

COMBAT TRACKER
SUMMARY
Sense (1/3 uses remaining)
Soeigeki: success
2 stacks of cripple
+1 reish end of turn
Basic Strike: success, Damage: 1
Rebuke: -4 reishi
REIRYOKU ABSORPTION: -20 reishi

At-Will:
SENSE
You focus your own Reishi to reach out and feel the spiritual energy of others around you.
Action: Reactive At-Will
Effect: You gain +5 Defense versus all attacks targeting you this turn; additionally, you gain +5 Accuracy with all attacks used this turn.

Action: At Will
Damage: Roll 2 damage dice.
Cost: 5 Reishi
Acc: yziGmGmh1d100+15
Dmg: 2d5

Bonus Action:
BAKUDŌ #14: SHIMOKU (PURPLE TREE)
Your hands are covered in purple Reishi. Your very touch desecrates with insipid poison and virulent decay.
Action: Bonus Action
Effect: As a bonus action all Basic Attacks you use have a 50% chance to inflict your choice of Wound, Burn, or Poison status for the duration. You must designate which status at the beginning of combat. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%.
Duration: 5 turns.
Cost: 8 Reishi
Limit: Once per battle.

Standard Action:
STRIKE
Effects: 50% chance to inflict Wound
Acc - 1d100+15
Dmg - 1d5
Status Chance 50%) - 1d100

Standard Action:
STRIKE
Acc - 1d100+15
Dmg - 1d5
Status Chance (50%) - 1d100

ACTIVE EFFECTS
Effect: As a bonus action all Basic Attacks you use have a 50% chance to inflict your choice of Wound, Burn, or Poison status for the duration. You must designate which status at the beginning of combat. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%.
Duration: 5 turns. (4/5 turns remaining) Wound Status Effect Chosen.

CLASS
Caster

TRAITS
ATTUNED

POTENT
You start with the Enhanced Byakurai Basic Attack Spell and the cost is reduced to 6 Reishi. (0/3 uses remaining)

Efficiency

TECHNIQUES
REIRYOKU ABSORPTION
As an at-will action, siphon 10 Reishi from any foe(s) for each time they hit you with an attack and reduce your HP. (3/3 uses remaining)

SPELLS
(0/1 uses remaining)

As a bonus action you have a 80% chance to inflict two stacks of the Cripple status effect on your target. Also inflicts a stack of special status effect Frostbite. (1/2 uses remaining)
RELEASE

HP: 33/50 | REISHI: 51/150 | DEF: 55 | DMG DIE: d5 | ACC: +10
1d100+15·2d5·1d100+15·1d5·1d100·1d100+15·1d5·1d100

Player

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Jul 25, 2022 20:52:06 GMT -5

"You know" Nezuel would say sweetly. "You keep attacking my thighs." He'd laugh as the beam attack he kept using hit him again, sending pain through his body, slightly mitigated by his iron skin. "See something you like there, if your eyes are just naturally drawn there?" he held up a hand as one of the arrows moved towards him, twisting his torso to the side as the arrow flew off into the distance to hit some other location or person. "BAKUDŌ #41: KYŌMON" he would say, hand spreading as a small window of see through kido was formed in front of him. The arrow that was going to hit his thigh hit the kido barrier instead, splinting off some of the energy into a rebound attack, the barbed tip of the arrow flying back at the quincy who had originally sent it.

Just like before, his riatsu flared in hunger as it encompassed the battlefield, drawing more reishi from the quincy's attack. It seemed almost like a separate thing from the arrancar, a never ending hunger for more and more to feed on. He smiled as he saw the quincy start to unbutton more of his uniform. "Oh? I'm not against showing some more skin but are we strip sparring now?" his own hand went to his tie as he started to loosen it, showing a bit more of his pale neck. He held out a single finger towards the quincy. "I'm curious what you'd ask for if you manage to win...would you tell me if I asked?" He gave Laz a momment to think before electricity sprang from his finger, almost similar to his own lines of energy. "HADŌ #4: BYAKURAI"

COMBAT TRACKER

Lex's BYAKURAI vs 70 def - hit - 9-3 (hierro) = 6 damage
Lex's strike 1 vs 70 def - miss
Lex's strike 2 vs 70 def - hit - 5-3 (hierro) = 2 damage
1 stack of cripple
1 stack of frostbite
-5 reishi
+1 reishi regen

At-Will: Rebuke: -5 reishi damage to Laz strike 2
REIRYOKU ABSORPTION: -20 reishi damage to Laz

Bonus Action: BAKUDŌ #41: KYŌMON: 5 direct damage to Lez, apply wound to lex -5 Nezuel Reishi

Standard Action: BYAKURAI - 6 reishi
100wtgAP1d100+20
2d9

Standard Action:

CLASS Caster

TRAITS

TECHNIQUES
REIRYOKU ABSORPTION: As an at-will action, siphon 10 Reishi from any foe(s) for each time they hit you with an attack and reduce your HP. (1/3) -0 reishi

SPELLS
BAKUDŌ #41: KYŌMON (MIRROR GATE): As a bonus action, you avoid all but the highest rolled natural damage die from one non-critical attack that hit you. You deal the highest natural damage die back to the attacker as direct damage. If the attack would inflict a non-special status, you instead inflict that status back onto your opponent. No roll necessary. (1/2) -5 Reishi
BAKUDŌ #33: SŌEIGEKI (BLUE SLEET ATTACK): As a bonus action you have a 80% chance to inflict two stacks of the Cripple status effect on your target. Also inflicts a stack of special status effect Frostbite. Frostbite drains for 5 Reishi per turn and lasts for two more turns after Cripple is removed. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%. (1/2) -0 Reishi

RELEASE

HP: 56/70 | REISHI: 138/160 | DEF: 70 | DMG DIE: d9 | ACC: +20
1d100+20·2d9

Player

Lazarus Jeager Avatar

Lazarus Jeager

Post by Lazarus Jeager on Jul 26, 2022 16:20:19 GMT -5

while he had finally managed to get rid of his previous anger and stress, his body was feeling the effects of everything in the combat so far. Not to mention the fact that he watched Nezuel form some sort of barrier that redirected his arrow back to sender, the feeling of the arrow scraping past his shoulder left Lazarus less than pleased. To his surprise, the Arrancar yet again demonstrated a strikingly similar spell to one he had just used moments before, the lightning like beam hitting its mark and sending another wave of pain wracking through his body. Lazarus would focus on that attack and, like Nezuel had done to him before, would siphon away some of the energy used in the attack to help keep him in the fight. Blood dripped from his shoulder, beginning to stain the once pure white shirt, his once manageable hair now getting in his face. He took a moment of respite to correct the offending hair, pushing it back and away from his face, inhaling deeply as he composed himself.

"You have my thanks Nezuel, I've been meaning to let loose and get rid of some of the stress that's been building over the past few days. I will say though, if you do win you may never know what I really would have asked for had I won, and I'll never tell..."

A small jest to add back to the banter the hollow had been giving since the battle started, after all this was meant to just be a match between acquaintances. He would bring his hand to the wound, muttering something under his breathe as he worked to mend the wound, some of the worse lacerations bleeding less, the wound itself looking a bit better off than a moment ago. When he pulled his hand away there was a small runic symbol there, a simple technique that would also aid in him sticking in the fight longer. to continue in the aid of that, he would focus his attention to the ambient reishi in the air, calling some of it to him to replenish his reserves, though it seemed it wasn't as effective as normal. Composure gained, Lazarus would hold up his hand bow, taking a pot shot at Nezuel's stomach, more so wanting to revitalize himself than do harm at the moment. He'd never admit it out loud, mostly because it wasn't relevant to the hollow in question, but Nezuel had hit the nail on the head, he was a leg man at the end of the day. Though that bit of information would never see the light of day, for fear the hollow might latch onto it for future conversations.

COMBAT TRACKER
SUMMARY
Byakurai: Hit, Damage 8hp
2 stacks of wound -5hp
Kyomon: -5 hp, apply 2 wound
1 stacks of cripple
+1 reish end of turn
Rebuke: -5 reishi
REIRYOKU ABSORPTION: -20 reishi

Invigorate +13 reishi (3/4 uses remaining)
Reiryoku Absorption - 10 Rieshi Damage to Nezuel
Bandage: Heal (1d12 roll) per turn for 3 turns, Remove one stack of Wound

At-Will:
REIRYOKU ABSORPTION
You absorb spirit particles from foes that are attacking you, using it to replenish your own Reishi.
Activate: At-Will - Reactive
Effect: As an at-will action, siphon 10 Reishi from any foe(s) for each time they hit you with an attack.
Limit: Three times per battle.

Bonus Action:
INVIGORATE
You take a quick moment to replenish lost Reishi to continue the fight!
Effect: You regain 25 Reishi.
Limit: Once per turn. Four times per battle.

Standard Action:
BANDAGE
You quickly apply a bandage to mend a wound in the midst of combat.
Type: Defense
Effect: Choose yourself or a target ally. Roll a 1d12. For the duration of this technique, at the end of your turn, regain HP equivalent to the results of the roll and remove one instance of Wound, Burn, or Poison. This is considered a Healing Technique.
Duration: 3 turns
Cost: 5 Reishi
Limit: Once per target.
X_sZIHWE1d12

Standard Action:
STRIKE
Acc - 1d100+10
Dmg - 1d5
Status Chance (50%) - 1d100

ACTIVE EFFECTS
Shimoku:
Duration: 5 turns. (3/5 turns remaining) Wound Status Effect Chosen.

Bandage:
Effect: Choose yourself or a target ally. Roll a 1d12. For the duration of this technique, at the end of your turn, regain HP equivalent to the results of the roll and remove one instance of Wound, Burn, or Poison. This is considered a Healing Technique. (2/3 turns remaining)

CLASS
Caster

TRAITS
ATTUNED

POTENT
You start with the Enhanced Byakurai Basic Attack Spell and the cost is reduced to 6 Reishi. (0/3 uses remaining)

Efficiency

TECHNIQUES
REIRYOKU ABSORPTION
As an at-will action, siphon 10 Reishi from any foe(s) for each time they hit you with an attack and reduce your HP. (2/3 uses remaining)

SPELLS
(0/1 uses remaining)

RELEASE

HP: 15/50 | REISHI: 39/150 | DEF: 55 | DMG DIE: d5 | ACC: +10
1d12·1d100+10·1d5·1d100

Player

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Jul 26, 2022 16:53:24 GMT -5

"Are you teasing me Lazarus?" Nez would say, smiling at the Quincy.  His lips moved infront of him as he took on a bemused expression.  "I have to say that its not fair, everything you do in this fight seems to make me like you a little more." He held up a hand as the potshot he had taken was caught in his grip, snapping as he closed his fist.  It wasn't a real attack, he knew, the barbed arrow lacking most of its bite due to the fact that he was taking a turn to breath and recover.  The blood seeping from his own arrow wound looked back and the sweat on his body, while it did interesting things to his clothes, was also an issue for him.

"You look a little hot and bothered" he'd say, taking a step forward and showing the man his leg.  "Why don't I help you cool off and settle down?"  He held up a hand as ice formed at his fingers, once again throwing out a wave of ice and riatsu at the quincy.  "BAKUDŌ #33: SŌEIGEKI"

When that was done, he lowered his hand, giving the quincy a curious look.  "You make it rather tempting to lose to you all things considered...so I'll make you a deal.  We each get a favor from the other in addition to whatever we get when one of us wins." he tilted his head, bringing a finger to his lips as his red eyes looked at the quincy's form.  "I'll even sweeten the deal, give you some free hits if you accept." he held out his arms and left himself defenseless. 

"If you want...I could even tell you what I'd want from you Lazzy"

COMBAT TRACKER

Lex's strike vs 70 def - miss
2 stack of frostbite
-5 reishi
+3 reishi regen
Nezuel decreases his defense for the next turn to 1

At-Will: Rebuke:

Bonus Action:BAKUDŌ #33: SŌEIGEKI
must roll 80 or below to inflict stagger Ldyc9EI41d100

Standard Action:

Standard Action:

CLASS Caster

TRAITS

TECHNIQUES
REIRYOKU ABSORPTION: As an at-will action, siphon 10 Reishi from any foe(s) for each time they hit you with an attack and reduce your HP. (1/3) -0 reishi

SPELLS
BAKUDŌ #41: KYŌMON (MIRROR GATE): As a bonus action, you avoid all but the highest rolled natural damage die from one non-critical attack that hit you. You deal the highest natural damage die back to the attacker as direct damage. If the attack would inflict a non-special status, you instead inflict that status back onto your opponent. No roll necessary. (1/2) -5 Reishi

RELEASE

HP: 56/70 | REISHI: 126/160 | DEF: 70 | DMG DIE: d9 | ACC: +20
1d100
Last Edit: Jul 26, 2022 16:55:29 GMT -5 by nezuel