Bleach Hereafter RPG

Tryouts

Player

What is it that makes you tick...

Lazarus Jeager Avatar

Lazarus Jeager

Post by Lazarus Jeager on Jul 26, 2022 21:41:04 GMT -5

Yet another blast of the icy winds from the Arrancar, while it did cut to the core of his bones with the chill, it wasn't something he hadn't experienced before in this fight. Lazarus had elicited the reaction he aimed for from the hollow before him, the dropping of the guard and an even better deal than when they started now being thrown on the table. Lazarus was not a born fighter, nor did he go through centuries of struggle and anguish to become a beast on the battlefield. what he did excel at was the silver tongue he displayed a moment ago, finding whatever it is the other person wanted and attempting to get as much as he could for it. He was no master tactician nor some genius behind a curtain pulling strings. Often times his ability to get what he wanted lay in the fact that he put himself in potential danger for the sake of the prize, and sometimes it came back to bite him. Thankfully the hollows playful nature made it easier to coax him into situations like this, and with a smile Lazarus would further indulge the other, his words affirming the offer presented to him.

"You do know how to make it worth my while don't you, I'll graciously accept such a generous offer, and I'll be taking those free hits as well. If you want to spill the beans on that favor that's up to you, but I do like a good mystery..."

With that said he would take in more of the ambient reishi around him to further invigorate himself, the runic symbols working to mend his wound as time passed, though they looked like they were beginning to fade in places. Closing the distance, Lazarus would swing his blade upward, aiming for a hip to shoulder slash with the blade. He'd follow it up with a downward swing of the opposite nature, shoulder to hip, hoping to mark a nice 'x' pattern into the armor of the other. He wasn't proud of the next bit, but he would do so for the promise of better exchanges in the future. Just before he would move back to gain a bit of distance, he would give the other a slow once over before meeting Nezuel's gaze, his smile widening just a touch as he prepared himself for whatever counter assault the other would provide. He wanted to see what the other would do after such a display, his reiatsu flaring just a touch as he left the others personal space.

COMBAT TRACKER

SUMMARY

2 stack of frostbite -5 reishi

2 stacks cripple

+1 reish end of turn

Soeigeki: success

Invigorate +13 reishi (2/4 uses remaining)

Bandage: Heal (10hp ) per turn for 3 turns (1/3 turns remaining)

At-Will:

Bonus Action:

INVIGORATE

You take a quick moment to replenish lost Reishi to continue the fight!

Type: Utility

Action: Bonus Action

Effect: You regain 25 Reishi.

Cost: None

Limit: Once per turn. Four times per battle.

Standard Action:

STRIKE

You unleash a single powerful physical attack or a flurry of quick strikes.

Type: Basic Attack

Action: Standard Action

Damage: Roll 1 damage dice.

Effects: 50% chance to inflict Wound

Acc - wG75nmYJ1d100+10

Dmg - 1d5

Status Chance (50%) - 1d100

Standard Action:

STRIKE

You unleash a single powerful physical attack or a flurry of quick strikes.

Type: Basic Attack

Action: Standard Action

Damage: Roll 1 damage dice.

Effects: 50% chance to inflict Wound

Acc - 1d100+10

Dmg - 1d5

Status Chance (50%) - 1d100

ACTIVE EFFECTS

Shimoku:

Effect: As a bonus action all Basic Attacks you use have a 50% chance to inflict your choice of Wound, Burn, or Poison status for the duration. You must designate which status at the beginning of combat. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%.

Duration: 5 turns. (2/5 turns remaining) Wound Status Effect Chosen.

Bandage:

Effect: Choose yourself or a target ally. Roll a 1d12. For the duration of this technique, at the end of your turn, regain HP equivalent to the results of the roll and remove one instance of Wound, Burn, or Poison. This is considered a Healing Technique. (1/3 turns remaining)

CLASS

Caster

TRAITS

As a passive effect, your max Reishi is increased by 50, you regain 3 Reishi at the end of your turn, and all non-basic Kido spells cost -5 less Reishi.

POTENT

You start with the Enhanced Byakurai Basic Attack Spell and the cost is reduced to 6 Reishi. (0/3 uses remaining)

Efficiency

Activate: None (Passive)

Effect: Your Basic Techs & Spells cost -1 less Reishi | Standard Techs & Spells cost -2 less Reishi | Release, Advanced, & Forbidden Techs/Spells cost -3 less Reishi. The minimum cost for any Tech or Spell (whose base cost is not already 0) is 1 Reishi.

TECHNIQUES

REIRYOKU ABSORPTION

As an at-will action, siphon 10 Reishi from any foe(s) for each time they hit you with an attack and reduce your HP. (2/3 uses remaining)

SPELLS

BAKUDO #14: SHIMOKU

As a bonus action all Basic Attacks you use have a 50% chance to inflict your choice of Wound, Burn, or Poison status for the duration.

(0/1 uses remaining)

BAKUDO #33: SOEIGEK

As a bonus action you have a 80% chance to inflict two stacks of the Cripple status effect on your target. Also inflicts a stack of special status effect Frostbite. (1/2 uses remaining)

RELEASE

REIATSU: 10,000

HP: 20/50 | REISHI: 48/150 | DEF: 55 | DMG DIE: d5 | ACC: +10
1d100+10·1d5·1d100·1d100+10·1d5·1d100

Player

Continuing to slaughter, kill, take. Life is to constantly sin. Life is evil itself.

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Jul 27, 2022 15:38:23 GMT -5

Lazarus's blades moved across  Nezuel's body once, twice before the quincy had the audacity to stop, look him over and then finally retreat.  An excited smile formed on his lips as he looked down...the smile turning slowly into a frown.  While Lazarus' blade had struck true, they had not struck deep.  The wound he had left behind in Nezuel's skin, while shredding his clothes, were nothing more than a thin line, the shadow of an x.  Even as he looked at the wounds they started to bleed, dampening his white clothing with his blood.  'Well then...if that was the best you have, I'm disappointed." He'd say, not looking at the quincy while he spoke.  When he did raise his head there was a manic gleam in them.  "It seems..." his riatsu flared around the two of them, feeling darker than before, deeper, the sounds of voices and the feelings of eyes on them.  "That the mystery of my favor won't be one for long."

He held out his hand, sighing as he pointed it at the quincy. "If you survive this...I'll be impressed, but I don't think so...I think you needed to drag out my offer, spend some more time recovering." he raises an eyebrow as electricity started to form along his finger, more than double the amount that he had fired before. "HADŌ #4: BYAKURAI" he'd whisper as three bolts of electricity flew at the quincy, faster and more accurate than before.

He'd let the quincy get cocky, get a bit overconfident, get a bit enamored with the fight. Perhaps some humility might help him...but for some reason he didn't think so.

COMBAT TRACKER

Laz's strike1 vs 1 def - hit - 0 damage
Laz's strike2 vs 1 def - hit - o damage
1 stack of frostbite
-5 reishi
+3 reishi regen
4 stacks of wound
-5 hp

At-Will: HADŌ #4: BYAKURAI -6 reishi
F5KaLAsX1d100+40
2d9

SENSE +5 acc

Bonus Action: FOCUS ENERGY +15 acc - 10 reishi

Standard Action: HADŌ #4: BYAKURAI - 6 reishi
1d100+40
2d9

Standard Action: HADŌ #4: BYAKURAI -6 reishi
1d100+40
2d9

ACTIVE EFFECTS Suppresion - 10,000 RL

CLASS Caster
ATTUNED: As a passive effect, your max Reishi is increased by 50, you regain 3 Reishi at the end of your turn, and all non-basic Kido spells cost -5 less Reishi.
POTENT: You start with the Enhanced Byakurai Basic Attack Spell and the cost is reduced to 6 Reishi.

TRAITS
INDOMITABLE: You gain +3 Damage Reduction (DR) per attack on your turn.
REBUKE: As an at-will effect when hit with any attack, you deal Reishi drain back to the attacker equal to the lowest rolled natural dice of the attack that hit you

TECHNIQUES
REIRYOKU ABSORPTION: As an at-will action, siphon 10 Reishi from any foe(s) for each time they hit you with an attack and reduce your HP. (1/3) -0 reishi

SPELLS
BAKUDŌ #41: KYŌMON (MIRROR GATE): As a bonus action, you avoid all but the highest rolled natural damage die from one non-critical attack that hit you. You deal the highest natural damage die back to the attacker as direct damage. If the attack would inflict a non-special status, you instead inflict that status back onto your opponent. No roll necessary. (1/2) -5 Reishi
BAKUDŌ #33: SŌEIGEKI (BLUE SLEET ATTACK): As a bonus action you have a 80% chance to inflict two stacks of the Cripple status effect on your target. Also inflicts a stack of special status effect Frostbite. Frostbite drains for 5 Reishi per turn and lasts for two more turns after Cripple is removed. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%. (1/2) -0 Reishi
BAKUDŌ #22: HAKUFUKU (WHITE CRAWL): As a bonus action you have a 80% chance to inflict the Stagger status on your target and upon infliction it deals a 3d6 worth of direct damage. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95% (1/2) -0 Reishi

RELEASE

REIATSU: 50,000 (10,000)
HP: 51/70 | REISHI: 96/160 | DEF: 70 | DMG DIE: d9 | ACC: +20

1d100+40·2d9·1d100+40·2d9·1d100+40·2d9

Player

Lazarus Jeager Avatar

Lazarus Jeager

Post by Lazarus Jeager on Jul 27, 2022 18:43:15 GMT -5

Well this was going to be one of those moments he had thought about, when his actions to get what he wanted would produce painful consequences. As he felt and saw the demeanor and reiatsu change in regards to Nezuel, Lazarus knew his time in the fight had run out. Though he would make his distance, the hollow before him displayed a disappointment at the lack of power behind those two strikes, a swift punishment was being doled out to the Quincy. His body would try to move away from the lightning like beams, though he was already pretty worn out from the battle thus far, and with little stamina left his feet couldn't carry him out of the way in time. The first one hit him harder than the second, but he was a hairs breadth away from unconsciousness by the time the second beam struck its mark. All at once everything he had been focusing on vanished, the weapons he had drawn for the fight seemed to shatter into particles that then faded into the world around him. The platform under his feet would, much like a rug being pulled from under some one, give way and release him from his upright position in the sky. While he knew he wasn't going to win, he was satisfied with the damage he managed to do before the free shots were given.

As his consciousness faded he would begin free falling through the sky, no longer able to keep his eyes open, let alone think about keeping the platform made for him to stand. He looked almost at peace in his free fall, as if sleeping while the buildings under them approached rapidly, his cloths flapping to and fro in the wind. If the Arrancar did nothing he would likely collide with one of the rooftops below, Which would probably leave one hell of a bruise in the morning.

COMBAT TRACKER
SUMMARY
2 stack of frostbite -5 reishi
1 stacks cripple
Byakurai: Hit, Damage: 15
Byakurai: Hit, Damage: 13
Byakurai: Miss

At-Will:

Bonus Action:

Standard Action:

Standard Action:

ACTIVE EFFECTS

CLASS
Caster

TRAITS
ATTUNED: As a passive effect, your max Reishi is increased by 50, you regain 3 Reishi at the end of your turn, and all non-basic Kido spells cost -5 less Reishi.

POTENT: You start with the Enhanced Byakurai Basic Attack Spell and the cost is reduced to 6 Reishi.

Efficiency

Activate: None (Passive)

Effect: Your Basic Techs & Spells cost -1 less Reishi | Standard Techs & Spells cost -2 less Reishi | Release, Advanced, & Forbidden Techs/Spells cost -3 less Reishi. The minimum cost for any Tech or Spell (whose base cost is not already 0) is 1 Reishi.

TECHNIQUES
REIRYOKU ABSORPTION

As an at-will action, siphon 10 Reishi from any foe(s) for each time they hit you with an attack and reduce your HP. (2/3 uses remaining)

SPELLS
BAKUDO #14: SHIMOKU

As a bonus action all Basic Attacks you use have a 50% chance to inflict your choice of Wound, Burn, or Poison status for the duration.
(0/1 uses remaining)

BAKUDO #33: SOEIGEK

As a bonus action you have a 80% chance to inflict two stacks of the Cripple status effect on your target. Also inflicts a stack of special status effect Frostbite. (1/2 uses remaining)

RELEASE

REIATSU: 10,000
HP: -8/50 | REISHI: 43/150 | DEF: 55 | DMG DIE: d5 | ACC: +10

Player

Continuing to slaughter, kill, take. Life is to constantly sin. Life is evil itself.

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Jul 27, 2022 19:02:20 GMT -5

Even as disappointed in the final of the battle as he was Nezuel would be happy to admit that he still had fun during the whole ordeal.  As he watched the quincy fall he would simply push off the platform he still had formed underneath him and fly towards the falling form of the red haired enemy of his race.  He wasn't heavy for the arrancar, fitting in both of his arms as he held him to his chest.  Before long the two of them had reached the top of the building they had first met at.  He laid the quincy down on the stone, eyes looking him over for his wounds.  With a devious smile Nezuel reached into a nearby dimension, opening a garganta as he pulled out a few bandages and other medical supply...then he grabbed his zanpaktou.

Some time later Lazarus would find himself awaking from his stupor with his wounds healed and bandaged, a foul smelling poultice where some of his quincy arrow wounds had been, staunching the bleeding. He lay on the cold stone, feeling the cold against his bare flesh as he was covered by the remains of his quincy overcoat...and only the overcoat.

"Well, well, well" the quincy would hear as Nezuel got off of the edgde of the building where he had been waiting, a mischievous gleam in his eyes.  "It seems like sleeping beauty has finally woken up." 

His foot brushed lightly against Lazaru's leg where it lay slightly outside of the confines of the coat.  "It seems like you owe me a favor quincy-kun" he looked down at the red haired man he'd just fought.  "Two...actually...and the first one...." he put a finger to his lips, seeming to think for a second before he stood straddling the poor man.  Then he sunk to his knees, hands going to either side of his head as he gave his a sudden kiss.  His fingers would grip the quincy's red hair for a few seconds before he pulled back, fingers releasing him as he got up, stood back, and licked his lips.

"Interesting," he'd say, putting a hand to his lips. "I don't know if its because of what you are...but that burned a little."  He demeanor would change as he looked down at the quincy, becoming a bit more relaxed.  "Now...what is your favor for me?"

Player

Lazarus Jeager Avatar

Lazarus Jeager

Post by Lazarus Jeager on Jul 27, 2022 21:15:06 GMT -5

Many a things were running through his head as he gained consciousness again, why was he laying down, why was it so cold and breezy, where had the Arrancar gone, what was that smell? Each of these things would be answered in turn by the sound of a familiar voice, though it was only half paid attention too as the pain of the battle made itself known. Sore in several places, Lazarus would groan at the sensations as he blinked a couple of times to see what state he was in post combat. Nezuel was saying something about favors, but it wasn't until he touched Lazarus' bare leg with his foot that he put two and two together. Before he could even get up to look for his clothing, which he assumed the other had tucked away somewhere, his eyes would be met with the sight of the hollow cashing in one of the two favors.

Lazarus was mostly in shock from the forward nature of the kiss, however he didn't struggle against the action, adding it to the growing list of the cost of losing to Nezuel. When said individual stepped away, he'd likely catch sight of a crimson hue spreading across Lazarus' face and neck, the Quincy sitting up in such a way that his coat still covered what needed to be covered. He was beginning to wonder how lucrative this acquaintanceship would be in the long term, though for the time being he'd clear his throat and speak up, actively avoiding eye contact at this point.

"My favor is still to see this haven you spoke of, though not at this moment, for obvious reasons. That being said I'll need my uniform back before you leave, otherwise I'll likely not be back for a while. tough to explain the wounds and bruises, tougher to explain how I also lost my uniform in the process..."

Player

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Jul 27, 2022 21:31:55 GMT -5

"You could just tell the truth" Nez would say, regarding the quincy as he stood up, covering himself in a rather cute and awkward way.  He began to walk towards the quincy again.  "That you fought a big bad hollow...an arrancar or all things."  He stopped next to the man, hand moving out to his body, fingers moving along one of the wounds he had given him.  "You could even say that you won...I hear women love men with battle scars." there was a gleam in his eye as his hand moved up the the quincy's neck, his cheek, his chin, forcing him to look up at him as his red eyes looked into the quincy's.  "That blush....I like that look on you, makes me..." he leaned forward.  "Want to spend that second favor right now."

"But no" he pulled away quickly, fingers trailing off and patting the man's head affectionately.  "I need to think on what I'll take from you next...I'm almost curious if that was your first kiss my little Lazzy."  He sat back down on the ledge, crossing his legs in front of him as he rested his head on a fist.  "As for your favor...no, I don't accept it."  his smile widened as he let the quincy worry for a few second...then set his mind at ease.  "You see I was going to do that anyway and fair is fair, you've earned it, so choose something else from me.  As for your clothes...." He trailed off, reaching over the ledge to grab a bundle, then set it on the ground in front of him.  "Come and get them Lazzy"

Player

Lazarus Jeager Avatar

Lazarus Jeager

Post by Lazarus Jeager on Jul 27, 2022 21:50:41 GMT -5

Lazarus would remain silent for the most part as Nezuel spoke, pondering the idea of telling his superiors that he walked away with his life against an arrancar, though he frowned at the bit about lying in regards to who won. He was many a things, but when it came to winning and losing he kept his scores straight, if he lost it meant he wasn't strong enough, or he failed to see the winning path in the fight, either way he would figure out that detail later. Once again he was met with the teasing of the Arrancar before him, this time doing his best to remain as calm as possible, maintaining eye contact for the duration of the exchange.

"Well I suppose its a good thing I have a way with words, or I'd have been in hot water a lot sooner. Also women aren't the only ones who enjoy battle scars, but that's a conversation for another day..."

Knowing he still had a favor to ask of the hollow was a bonus, though he had the feeling the information about the haven was going to be given regardless, still good to have confirmation of it. At the sight of his clothing bundled up before the hollow, Lazarus would tie his coat arms across his waist, ensuring that when he stood nothing would be revealed. Walking over to the other, he'd reach down to grab the bundle and pluck his pants from the outfit, putting them on under the coat in such a way that wouldn't allow for free peeking. Once that was done he would untie the coat, redressing in peace knowing he hadn't embarrassed himself further. He wouldn't confirm nor deny the comment about the kiss, not wanting to give Nezuel more fuel for future engagements.

"I'll have to think on my favor, gotta mull it over for a while and get back to you, wasn't expecting to keep it."

Player

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Jul 27, 2022 22:11:16 GMT -5

"Well if thats true then perhaps someday I could let you look at all of mine." he'd say with a wink as the quincy got up and got himself dressed.  When all was said and done the arrancar would look at him with a slightly bemused expression, saying in a tone that obviously meant he was joking.  "You're no fun." He got up then, looking around.  "That little exchange probably drew some attention, and its been a little while since you fainted...so I should be going." He raised a hand and opened up a garganta.  He took a step up into the void between the worlds and turned back to the quincy.  "Its alright for you to mull things over, think about you want...but don't think about things too seriously, have some fun every now and then, see ya later Lazzy"  The garganta closed fully, the sky repairing itself.

A few seconds later it opened slightly again before closing finally.  "But if that was your first kiss...damn, it was a good one."

Back on his way to Hueco Mundo Nezuel's hand moved to his lips.  That had been fun, teasing the quincy.  He wasn't sure if there was anything there, if he wanted there to be anything there.  He was curious if this was how Irisa felt teasing him, if she felt nothing for him.  Yet he did think the quincy was cute, the blush he had and, not to be too creepy, the peaceful expression of him sleeping.  But all that wasn't important...right now he needed to find Takano or Gaia or someone and get the quincy into haven...however he was going to do that.

"Another day...another hole I've dug myself into"

Player

Lazarus Jeager Avatar

Lazarus Jeager

Post by Lazarus Jeager on Jul 28, 2022 16:43:42 GMT -5

He'd simply wave the hollow off, too tired and sore to keep up the repour in that moment. He watched as the sky split open, like ribbons cut through the sky as a mysterious dimension sat in the void. Lazarus would watch as the other left, turning to head towards the shadows no forming across the building from taller ones. Pausing briefly to hear the last comment, a chuckle would escape him, followed up by a bit of coughing, his ribs protesting the chuckle.

"Alright, time to go try and explain this sorry state, let's see if I'm as good as I think I am..."

turning his head, amber hues would linger on the spot that the sky had opened up at for a few seconds longer, wondering what exactly that was and how the hollow did it. If he had to guess it was probably something akin to their shadow travel, but that was a thought for another day, and with that Lazarus would step into the shadows. Sinking into them until he was gone from this realm, on his way back to his own, his own hand touching his lips for a moment before returning to his wounds, removing the Arrancar's medical patch work as to not arouse suspicion.