Bleach Hereafter RPG

Setting Some (Under)Ground Rules

PLAYER

Shinigami - 12th Division

Don't kill me please.

Takano Hirai Avatar

Takano Hirai

Post by Takano Hirai on Aug 31, 2022 10:36:27 GMT -5

Takano gave a shrug to Nezuel’s remarks on the Visored. “If you wish to chase legends, that is your choice. Personally, I find it to be a simple tall tale. Warning us to not interfere with Hollows lest we become them. A boogey man to ensure we continue to fight them. But if you do happen to find them, they’d be welcome here. Assuming they aren’t feral killing machines.”

Gaia seemed to be taking this Hollow Queen a smidge more seriously than he had expected. He had no doubt she was powerful, it took power to lead a Realm-wide faction. But if Nezuel’s remarks on her demeanor were to be correct, she could be outsmarted. If it was a dangerous or flawed hypothesis, it’d be due to the information he had to work with. Takano scratched the back of his head as Gaia pointed out his lack of sleep. She likely didn’t intend it as such, but it seemed she wanted to imply he was being irrational due to his current state.

“One does not require the mind of a child to act as one, Gaia. I know of several Shinigami in the Gotei 13 who are centuries older than I, yet could not beat me in a simple game of wits. That being said, I would have to deal with her eventually if Nezuel is to be believed. Best to act against her weaknesses. Which seems to be her mind.” Takano said with a half yawn. “But you are certainly correct on one thing, I could use some sleep.” He’d glance over to Nezuel and Lazarus. “Your rooms are down that hall and to the right. Pick whichever you like most. Please note down everything you know about the Hollow Queen when you get the chance, Nezuel. Rumors, Facts, Theories, everything.”

Takano stood and gave the trio a wave and made his way over to his own room. It would be nice to have others gathering information for once.

Player

Continuing to slaughter, kill, take. Life is to constantly sin. Life is evil itself.

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Aug 31, 2022 17:11:39 GMT -5

They were taking his thought on the hollow queen, a being he'd only seen once, quite seriously.  If Nezuel wasn't the sort of person to bask in the attention of others when he wanted to he supposed he might have been rather embarrassed, as it stood now he was simply tired.  Putting aside the fact that they'd all been talking for a while and now that Takano seemed to leaving...perhaps it was time for him to head to bed as well?

He turned to Gaia.  "I can appreciate you worrying about me...or perhaps about the information I have about this place." He'd say, eyes turning from her to the area around them.  "But I assure you I can be rather powerful when the need hits me." He sighs, running a hand through his hair.  "Perhaps if you want to test my abilities we can, though I useually don't fight for nothing." he smiles before suddenly turning to Lazarus.  "Perhaps we could team up against her, see what that mighty Gaia is capable of...in part of least...and I do have a few favors left from you don't I Lazzy?"

He turned and looked over his shoulder at Gaia.  "We can work together on what you need tomorrow, I'll go see if Takano wants some company." Nez took a few steps before he stopped by Lazarus, giving him the same look he gave Gaia.  "Think about it, that spar.  And don't be afraid to come join me if you want, I'd consider your favors paid Lazzy." he winks before heading off to bed.
Last Edit: Aug 31, 2022 17:43:11 GMT -5 by nezuel

Player

What is it that makes you tick...

Lazarus Jeager Avatar

Lazarus Jeager

Post by Lazarus Jeager on Aug 31, 2022 18:07:28 GMT -5

Lazarus watched the conversation conclude for the most part, raising a brow at the scene laying out before him with a chuckle. He thought about the scenario of Nezuel following Takano to his room , shaking his head at the thought before getting an invite himself from the arrancar. He'd respond to Gaia's concern with a matter of fact kind of tone, though still holding a level of respect befitting someone who could crush him like a bug.

"Oh believe me, while I may be curious, I know well enough to leave those who can kill me alone when possible. I do appreciate the concern though, it helps to know there's at least one person here who wouldn't want us to run off and die for no reason. As for you Nezuel, keep the favor, you have a habit of getting into trouble so I'm sure you'll need it."

He'd wait for Nezuel to vanish from view before making his exit of the lab, waving a goodbye to Gaia unless she had some other topic to discuss with him. If not he'd make his way to the spare room to claim it as his own, not wanting to catch the aftermath of any shingami and hollow shenanigan's.

Player

Fullbringer

I have nothing to say.

Niji Avatar

Niji

Post by Niji on Sept 2, 2022 13:29:49 GMT -5

Takano’s response was measured, but still seemed flawed to Niji; the Hollow Queen, childlike or not, seemed to control the entire realm.  No matter how powerful she might have been personally, that took some level of guile; if she was as foolish as Takano seemed to think, she likely would have been deposed by one of her court.  Huceo Mundo did not exactly seem like it bred loyalty to your superiors. Either way, the man was obviously working himself ragged, for some reason he was on a timeline that seemed far shorter than her assumptions. She nodded at him as he left, ”Sleep well, Mister Hirai. We can discuss this next time I visit.”

”This place—” She sighed at Nezuel; clearly Takano had not passed along her explanation of this place. She listened to the two talk for a moment, then gave a small shake of her head. At this point, the scientist was out of earshot, and the other two were making their way to the extra rooms carved into the lab. ”There is more I need to explain about the nature of this place. Please hold off on sleep, follow me.”

Niji turned and walked out back out of the tunnel that connected the laboratory to the lush underground forest, it was clear that while it might have been phrased as a polite request, she expected to be followed.
Last Edit: Sept 2, 2022 13:33:46 GMT -5 by Niji