Bleach Hereafter RPG

Fishing For Friend....Or Foe?

Player

What is it that makes you tick...

Lazarus Jeager Avatar

Lazarus Jeager

Post by Lazarus Jeager on Jul 30, 2022 19:30:34 GMT -5

The Quincy had a habit of coming to the human realm at night, his reasoning being that there were less humans wandering about during the night, so his odds of finding spiritually aware individuals increased as the night went on. He would find himself sitting on a bench in a local park, nothing but the moon and a few scattered light posts to illuminate the otherwise lightless evening. His normal uniform had been left home in favor of a pair of grey slacks and a white button down, top button left unbuttoned. Similarly colored grey shoes adorned his feet, his crimson mane tied back in a loose and messy bun. Amber eyes peered through the parks foliage, the tree's rustling as the winds picked up for a moment or two.

The plan was to see who he might be able to reel in with a small trick, he's let his reiatsu blanket the area, spiking a bit here and there for a minute or so. Then he'd suppress it for roughly thirty seconds, only to let it out for a minute again. This process would be repeated again and again, scanning both the land and the sky for anyone of interest. He had befriended a hollow recently, what was the harm in luring someone else out to potentially befriend. Though reckless, Lazarus felt that if it came down to it, he could at least walk away from whoever came to investigate without causing to much trouble. This would go on for as long as it needed to, either he would come up with nothing and return home, or he would catch a bite somewhere and hopefully have a conversation with someone more interesting than the humans who inhabited this realm/

Player

Better Vamoose Outta Here

vance Avatar

vance

Post by vance on Jul 30, 2022 19:54:11 GMT -5

Vance was sitting at his desk at the OGA building when his phone started buzzing in a really obnoxious tone. He picked it up and looked at the notification. Vance grunted and stood up, grabbing his coat off the back of his chair as he tightened up his tie. Wavelength fishing in some place that Vance had never heard of. Great, that meant he was probably going to find himself screaming for backup into his com in about twenty minutes.

Vance made his way to the elevator and pressed T-6 and then waited as some smooth jazz radiated from the speakers for a few moments before letting him off at one of the transport floors. He went to the door marked by the text and opened it, to a small alley near a park. Vance looked around and realized that it was night in this part of the world, where as, it was morning for him. He pulled out his phone and used it to scan for the anomoly and then take readings on the reishi concentration, and any potential rifts. Just the one to the OGA, and that was unusable without a badge.

The high reishi meant that it was probably something that could get Vance in trouble so he opened a tube and dumped the contents onto the three clips he had on his hip, just in case. Then he started walking towards the park, using the app on his phone to find what he was looking for. It didn't take long after crossing to the Park that Vance felt his own soul start to betray him and flow over towards the other individual. From his men in black suit, he the distribution already taking his power and gifting it to those that could use it, as he couldn't.

He walked up to the grey slacked person and then reached for his badge. "Excuse me, Sir, mind if I ask you what you happen to be doing on this fine night. Trying to lure things to yourself seems a might bit dangerous and may not be in the interest of others round here."

Player

Lazarus Jeager Avatar

Lazarus Jeager

Post by Lazarus Jeager on Jul 31, 2022 8:53:07 GMT -5

Lazarus looked up to see the badge and the man holding it, suppressing his reiatsu now that someone had approached him. He was curious as to what the police were doing with a spiritually aware individual, then again he wasn't sure if that was a police badge or not. The man wasn't in any kind of uniform as far as he could tell, he'd seen a police officer or two in his time and the man before him wasn't in the same attire. Maybe he ran his own private investigator business, or some kind of group of spiritually aware individuals who run the streets vigilante style. Whatever the case was, Lazarus would smile, nodding to the man before gesturing to the landscape before them.

"I took care to find a secluded place with few people roaming around, and made sure that it was late so the possibility of people out here would be as low as possible. I've no problem answering any questions you have, though I'd like to ask a question or two of my own if you wouldn't mind after."

He had no obvious signs of a hollow, nor did he have the hollow like presence of a fullbringer. If he was a shinigami he was working independently, but he didn't have any sword with him, at least not one that was visible. Time would tell what exactly he had managed to catch with his reiatsu fishing, and whether or not it was a good thing.

Player

vance Avatar

vance

Post by vance on Jul 31, 2022 9:40:30 GMT -5

Vance thought for a second as he placed the badge back in his suit. If he was gonna answer questions then there was no real reason to argue with the man, plus he had a point there was really no one around to get into trouble. So, it was a fishing line, Vance was already thinking about how to write this up in his report.

Vance's reiatsu was easily determined by anyone who could see Spirit Threads or Reirayku. The issue was that his thread, while the same blue hue that Quincy all had, was constantly wrapping around others, and feeding them Vance's soul. He was, for lack of better terms, a spiritual battery that powered EVERYTHING, friend or foe. He tipped an imaginary hat to the young man and looked him over now that he was a bit closer.

Vance, on the other hand, couldn't control it so he also couldn't tell what was spiritual and what wasn't. He basically used the phone and its app to do most of the work while he wrote up reports for the members of the OGA that mattered. "So, what are you doing trying to attract things that go bump in the night. I don't think you're wearing a meat suit, which means you're some kind of human. Or maybe just meat suits keep getting better these days."

Player

Lazarus Jeager Avatar

Lazarus Jeager

Post by Lazarus Jeager on Jul 31, 2022 20:33:47 GMT -5

Lazarus would raise a brow at the mention of a 'meat suit', wondering what exactly that meant, but putting it to the side mentally for the time being. He'd keep his identity as a Quincy hidden for the time being, opting to answer the mans question in more vague manner, not an outright lie, but the entire truth kept under more closely guarded wraps.

"I wanted to see if there was anyone of interest in the area, I've been looking to expand my list of acquaintances as of late, figured it would be worth the effort to cast the line and see who might answer. I've no clue what a meat suit is, and I don't really wanna find out if its as gross as its name. I do wonder how you happened upon me, were you nearby or just actively searching for anyone letting their reiatsu out?"

A harmless question, more so to test the waters of the situation, would this be more of an interrogation, or was the man before him going to be kind enough to answer some of his questions. There was something strange about the man before him, but he couldn't quite put his finger on what it was, but something definitely felt off about him. While he hadn't introduced himself, he would freely give his name if the other asked, as his name had no ties to anyone or anything of relevance in this world. There were only a few people he had given his name too in this realm, and unless this man knew one of them, it would just be useless information. This man had walked up to him, and there were no obvious weapons, leading Lazarus to work off the idea that this was just a spiritually aware individual. He'd try and coax that info out further down the line if possible, but that would all depend on how the conversation went.

Player

vance Avatar

vance

Post by vance on Aug 1, 2022 11:19:49 GMT -5

Vance scratched his chin as he listened, just for something to do with his hands. Explaining a meat suit wasn't really something he was going to do, it should have been obvious to most people with powers, after all the shittygami seemed to love wearing them. So, did arrancar these days, and demons, pretty much standard. That and the perfume that made things undetectable by rierayku, which seemed beyond the limits of stupid. Like his boss or any of the PDs going out in public and not expecting to wind up on a bunch of radars.

"When things go fishing, the sensors pick it up and it gets assigned to a field agent. We get dispatched to find out if one of our more appropriate field operatives come out and clean up. I mean, if you're human, you've heard of us, you just don't believe we're real. Cause no one wants to believe it. I am, what conspiracy theorists refer to as a Man in Black. Or, if you prefer modern terms, a member of the Other Government Agency."

Vance stated and then thought about all the names that the organization had over the years. From the Knights of Kay or the Illuminati to the more prominent Special Section and the actual operating name of today, the Spangler Institute. Humans always had been playing every side since the 600s, the others were just too stupid to catch on, and if they did. They would just vanish for a few years and come up with another name. After all, trusting idiots in a coffee shop, an immortal twelve year old with a temper, or a bunch of beaurocratic morons who actively brought their war to earth and laughed about it; was far too much fuck you for someone just as terrifying to not show up. Which was Vance's boss.

"If you don't know what a meat suit is, you're not a shittygami, and you aren't an arrancar, that leaves, witch, demon but you don't have a book, Quincy, High Spec Human, Fullbuster or Soul infuser. Which one are you, gotta write it up."

Player

Lazarus Jeager Avatar

Lazarus Jeager

Post by Lazarus Jeager on Aug 1, 2022 16:10:32 GMT -5

Lazarus had not a clue what this man was talking about, his information about the human would was slim to none, so half this conversation was a puzzle he'd have to actively work through to fully understand. While he listened he'd work out some of the more obvious details, the main one being that whatever organization this man worked for was a shadow organization outside the normal channels. The fact that this man had given a rude nickname to the shinigami likely meant he wasn't a fan, and the list he rattled off of races concluded that whatever this organization was, it was well informed, and spiritually aware. He spoke of having to write this encounter up, so there was going to be some kind of paper trail, but for the time being that shouldn't matter, he'd comply with the line of questioning.

"I'm of the Quincy variety, and I suppose you'll need a name for this report you're righting up. Lazarus Jeager, I do have to ask though, I don't see a mask from what I can see, what do you happen to be?"

It was a fair question to ask, no harm in knowing, but again he was at the mercy of this mans willingness to answer his questions. So far there was no information given that would be harmful to anyone in particular, and if his suspicions were correct this man was just some paper pusher for the higher ups. Interesting to think of an organization working outside the reach of whatever governed this land, more so due to them being a myth to the local populace. This conversation was getting interesting, he'd stay a while longer, one leg crossing over the other, arms resting on the back of the bench/

Player

vance Avatar

vance

Post by vance on Aug 2, 2022 15:44:19 GMT -5

Vance typed the man's name in his phone and took a picture before pocketing it in his jacket. While he was not powerful in the way most in their line of work would describe power, he was good at his job and he had access to actual threats, that could be made worse by just having them around. As for the fact that the man was a Quincy, did not seem to matter much to Vance. He had not even been back since the orphanage incident. He let other OGA members spy on that group. He rolled up his sleeve and showed off the mariner's cross on his left hand, situated on a bangle, while it had no power flowing like a generic Helig or Sanrei, it was Quincy made. Which also showed off his very human pistols. With the Ginto tubes in the slots next to his spare clips.

"Born and raised, just not a good one, I can't manipulate reishi. So, I cheat and got a job on earth instead of waiting for the bosses of some other dimension to do something. Sitting around with a standing army they think no one knows about but everyone does at the mercy of some immortal that whines about pureness ain't exactly my cup of tea. What do you specialize in? He asked, more stuff for the report."

Player

Lazarus Jeager Avatar

Lazarus Jeager

Post by Lazarus Jeager on Aug 2, 2022 16:14:48 GMT -5

Ah, a member of his own race stood in a parallel to him, two potential sides of the same five pointed cross. As a sign of respect he'd hold his left arm up and shake his wrist a bit, showing his own cross, the traditional style for their kind. While most would likely take up arms and call the man a traitor, Lazarus didn't have the same mentality. He was of the opinion that if your wants or beliefs don't align with the people you follow, you should have every right to go find those that do. While it was true he was a member of the army which the man spoke, he was low ranking, an insignificant member who nobody would notice if they happened to make a trip to the human realm for a few hours. In fact he had already come across a hollow whom he made the acquaintance of twice now and lived to tell the tale, though he wouldn't be telling that tale to this man.

"Funny, in another life I might have been standing on that side of the bench, for the time being I'll stick with the pack and see how it goes though. I struggled with reishi manipulation for a good long while as well, though I ended up overcoming that hurdle. I tend to favor spell slinging as it were, though as a general rule I don't like getting into fights if I can help it. I'd much prefer talking out an issue where possible, but we all know some people who just don't listen to the other side..."

It was odd for a quincy to not have any reishi manipulation ability what so ever, sure there were those who couldn't compare to the upper crust, but he hadn't seen any quincy without the ability entirely. His mind wandered to the old tales of a rarer breed of their kind, one with no power of their own, but the power to give to their brethren as a source of power instead. Looking the man over he considered the possibility, though he wasn't entirely sure it was more than just an old wives tale. Speaking of looking things over, his eyes lingered on the pistols and tubes, seeing the extra clips as well. Even without the power, the man took to ranged combat, just goes to show how deep the blood runs. He'd tuck the cross away as he set his arm back down, a bit more relaxed now knowing he was among, hopefully, better company.

"I see you happened to have a weapon all your own, If you can't manipulate reishi, I'd venture a guess as to the guns and ginto. Though even a layman could wield a gun, do anything special with it?"

Player

vance Avatar

vance

Post by vance on Aug 2, 2022 19:14:54 GMT -5

"I'm a human law enforcement officer, of course I have a gun." Vance pointed out, technically he had a normal sword too but that was only for special occasions. "I use concentrated and collected reishi from tubes to make the gun hurt supernatural stuff, I can't use ginto spells." Vance pointed out. "So, as you say I am, any layman." Vance pointed out.

Vance shrugged, he had joined the OGA cause the boss there did not care about things like someone's long standing grudge against someone else that others wasted years waging war over. That and because like most agents of the OGA, Vance had been presented with the phrase, shoot it, or recruit it. It was about that time that he extended the offer anyway. Most of the time he didn't do the shooting anyway. They would send the doctor, the armorer or Prometheus to do something like that.   Vance searched his Jacket for the business card and found one before offering it to the other Quincy.

The card read the OGA on the top line, next to a phone number.  Below it the motto, "Shoot it, Or Recruit It." with no other information.  "If you ever decide that other people using earth for their wars is something you want to stop, I suggest giving them a call."  Vance stated and then nodded politely.  "If you don't, I suggest burning it. Any other Questions?"
Last Edit: Aug 2, 2022 19:18:52 GMT -5 by vance

Player

Lazarus Jeager Avatar

Lazarus Jeager

Post by Lazarus Jeager on Aug 3, 2022 15:28:32 GMT -5

He would take the offered card, looking it over front and back before tucking it away in a back pocket. While he was interested in making allies, he wasn't entirely sure of his options at the moment, not to mention it would be difficult to rise through the ranks of even one group, let alone two. The low profile life was allowing him the ability to sneak away and form otherwise unthinkable connections, much like this one, but at some point he would have to make bigger moves. It looked like this meeting was drawing to a close, or at least it was nearing its natural end, something Lazarus wasn't happy with, but could only do so much about.

"I do have a couple of questions left, if you'd be willing to give me more of your time. Like how do you get the ginto tubes filled then, does another member of this secret organization collect it for you, or do you have some sort of reishi gathering device that just sits on standby?"

Lazarus himself hadn't dabbled in Ginto spells or the tubes himself, though he knew of their effectiveness through books, something he might look into further down the road. the idea of using them to make a weapon of ammunition capable of hurting spiritual beings was smart, then again those without power tend to adapt and find it one way or another. He was curious what else the man had up his sleeves, and what this organization had too offer outside of being invisible to the public. There were many paths ahead of him, careful planning and cost benefit analysis would be needed to figure out the best path to traverse.

Player

vance Avatar

vance

Post by vance on Aug 4, 2022 9:00:32 GMT -5

"Collection device, we have an RnD department as I said, everyone has heard of us and no one believes it. Just we don't use it to make... perfume, gender swapping bodies, books of dammed souls, wish balls or animatronic dolls. We focus on more practical stuff." Vance stated. To him, the sad part was that all those things were actually developed by other spiritual organizations.

Vance watched Lazarus think to himself and rubbed at his chin. Giving the Quincy more was probably not going to affect him that much. Vance's boss had spies everywhere and that was their biggest strength. Heck, they had more than one vice on the payroll and two very high level Quincy. Though they rarely ever left Saten, aside from sending boring updates. Vance on the other hand, wasn't really welcome and the few times he had gone, it had almost killed him just from strong things eating his soul to fuel their own.

So, he waited for a second before asking, in a polite tone. "Vene or Areite?  Er, defensive control of reishi or offensive?" He asked, it was a basic Quincy question but one that Vance had used to get a lot of information out of based on the variance of the answer.
Last Edit: Aug 6, 2022 10:36:26 GMT -5 by vance

Player

Lazarus Jeager Avatar

Lazarus Jeager

Post by Lazarus Jeager on Aug 4, 2022 18:27:54 GMT -5

The things this man had listed off were odd, the last two sounding like something straight out of a sci-fi novel, a raised brow was all he really gave in response to the idea of those things being potentially real. The fact that a reishi collection device existed was interesting, the idea of a future where it was portable was even more so, but he was getting ahead of an idea that wasn't even his own. The next question peaked his interest though, and it was something he had thought about for himself many times. He'd cross his arms and close his eyes for a moment, thinking about it in direct relation to his own style of combat and what would benefit him most. With a sigh he'd open his eyes, brows drawn close as he opened his mouth to explain his thought process on it.

"Well for myself personally I'd have to say defensive, as a spell slinger I need all the defense I can get. If I was more of an up close and personal kind of guy I'd say offensive, but I'll leave that to the guys who can roll with the punches. If my fights so far I've always found myself lacking in the defense department, something I'll have to work on in the future. How about you, which would you use, if you could I mean."

It was all hypothetical, even if the man couldn't manipulate reishi it was still a topic of conversation, one he had brought up himself anyways, no harm in returning the question. they were talking about a powerful too for Quincy, and not something everyone could use, let alone master. If given the chance he'd jump all over the opportunity to have that in his arsenal, but then again he'd use every tool in the bag if given the chance. When it came to fighting, real do or die fighting, Lazarus was of the opinion that nothing was too low a blow to do. The people who win life or death fights are often those who go farther than anyone else, willing to make a sacrifice to things like pride or respect for the ability to live another day. thankfully he'd never been put in the position himself, but there may come a time when he is, and he'd pick up the bag and swing it if need be before rolling over and dying.

Player

vance Avatar

vance

Post by vance on Aug 6, 2022 10:49:03 GMT -5

"I don't think about it, doing so would drive me mad. I mean I can already feel a good quarter of my soul empowering you and not me. So, I stick to the basics, shoot it." Vance stated. Which was as true as it came, Vance just pulled the trigger until the other guy stopped moving. Useful against really weak hollows and hell hounds, worthless against things that mattered. Though, he had the most powerful spell of all for when that happend. A dual-cast of run away, and summon a PD member.

"If I had to pick, I'd avoid Vene, simply because being on the defensive without a plan for a counter, ruins combat tempo." Vance stated and then rolled his shoulders and added. "Taking tempo and momentum matter, if a fight lasts longer than a quickdraw, and winning a quickdraw is about cheating. Not about being faster than the other guy. All four sides of my family know that from a very straight forward standpoint." Vance stated, not adding anything to that. Though the fact was Vance's mother's last name was Hickok, and his father's last name was Holiday. All gunfighters, and all really good at it. Add the fact that at some point they became Quincy as well and a lot of really weird things made sense for his family. His sister was the trickshot, and one hell of a Quincy. Mostly because when Vance was around she was basically fighting with canons while she drained him dry. So, he had avoided all that.

"Well, I wish you luck. Try not to fish up something that will bite your head off, cause we don't want to deal with it." Vance stated and tipped a non-existent hat before starting to walk away. He waved over his shoulder "Give us a call when you figure out we're the lesser of all the evil."

Player

Lazarus Jeager Avatar

Lazarus Jeager

Post by Lazarus Jeager on Aug 6, 2022 14:53:46 GMT -5

The man had a point, but without the necessary firepower vene would be a sub par substitute for it, at least in his mind. He mentioned his family, but without relevant info that would just file itself away in Lazarus' brain as information without a home. It dawned on him that the entire conversation he hadn't gotten the mans name, which would likely help with the previous comment about his family, then again it seemed like that man was actively avoiding them through this organization. Without much left to talk about it appeared that the OGA member had all he needed for whatever report he was going to write up about this encounter, Lazarus was a little disappointed in that fact, but there would be opportunities to kind the man again.

"Let's hope that if we cross paths again its as neutral as this encounter was, I'll have a good think on that phone call, take care officer..."

He'd wait until the man was out of eyesight before standing and making his way to one of the long abandoned, but still fairly useable Quincy portals left in the human would, pulling the medallion out of his pocket that would allow him the access to his home realm. Halfway through he'd stop still in his tracks, recalling what the man had said about empowering Lazarus. He had said it so nonchalantly that it almost went in one ear and out the other, turning to look back in the direction of the bench, Lazarus stared wide eyed for almost a full minute. A bat flying overhead snapped him from his stupor, shaking his head and continuing on his way, muttering to himself as he journeyed home.