Bleach Hereafter RPG

Refining Techniques

Player

I have nothing to say.

Cole Avatar

Cole

Post by Cole on Aug 4, 2022 9:15:44 GMT -5

Cole had successfully distracted Sora with talk of Star Wars, and the man forgot any sort of questioning of how he had made it to earth in the first place. Once they were back through the Senkaimon, he extricated himself from the discussion of the nature of the force and booked it to the out-of-the-way training ground where he had been experimenting. He glanced at the hermetic circle, the material components were still there at the points of the triangle. That was good; he didn’t want to have to order a new uniform, nor did he think he’d be able to easily procure a new fragment of a hollow mask. Though, if that one was tied to Enfermizo somehow, perhaps it would be best to hold off on using it.

But, the fact that the fragments were still there meant that they were not burned up in the ritual magic. If he could tie it to a location, rather than an individual, might be able to establish permanent routes around the mortal and spiritual worlds. Transportation to earth was possible without the Senkaimon; if it was possible to make it reliable and consistent, it could revolutionize how the Shinigami moved around. Immediately, he grabbed his journal and began making copious notes about the results of his tests. With his tendency towards abbreviations and shorthand combined with his particularly illegible handwriting, the text was functionally encoded. Not that he was trying to keep it secret, but he didn’t want to present his findings until he got his thoughts in order.

It was probable that if he prepared a location to return to, it would allow for a relatively easy and quick escape from any unfortunate situation. Prepare 99% of the spell, then give it that last one percent to be jerked back to safety. Kind of like a diving winch, spend all that time getting suited up and strapped in, and you just give the right signal and it would start reeling you back in.

The Shinigami spent the next few hours doing additional tests, no further than the distance of a proficient shunpo, but there was no reason to experiment with realm hopping until he was fairly confident of the ability to pull himself back. The next person to retrieve him probably wouldn’t be so easily distracted by Star Wars. He refined the technique over the next few weeks, and managed to procure a sample of sand from Hueco Mundo from an acquaintance in the R&D division.

Cole went to his usual out-of-the-way training ground. This had become his usual haunt, and, given the effect his reiatsu tended to have on the others, it had become increasingly abandoned beyond just being off the beaten path. The ever-present wordless muttering of his zanpakuto in his head increased as he arrived with the small pouch of sand from Hueco Mundo. He hadn’t gotten any clear words out of it since his encounter with the Arrancar and the Quincy; it remained a curiosity and a vague annoyance.

The shinigami began preparations, painting a three foot diameter black circle on the ground. He placed a lone shingle stolen from a nearby rooftop in the center of the circle, and placed five drops of blood equidistant along the circle. As he incanted the first few lines of his spell, he felt the energy building, ready to move him to the center of the circle; he diverted the incantation he had developed in the last few seconds, functionally blue balling the spell, preventing the release of the built up reishi. In theory, that would make it super easy to return, as it was just waiting to find that last bit of reishi he needed to feed into it. That need of the spell to be complete would find him even across realms, pulling him back the moment he finished the incantation.

He then moved a good distance from the first circle and painted a white circle of similar size, mixing the sand of Hueco Mundo into the color. He placed a small mound of the sand in the center, dripping a single drop of blood onto the fine, bone-white powder. Once again, he began incanting the spell of his own creation, and felt the energy building, felt the connection building to the realm of hollows. As part of the completion of the spell, he pulled out a keychain, gripping a pale key between the knuckles of his middle and pointer finger. As he finished the incantation, he turned the key as if he was unlocking a door, and the training ground began to fade around him. 

The dark world of Hueco Mundo took its place, the white sands and dark sky replacing the buildings and benches of the training facility. With a slight sigh of relief, Cole was happy to feel the connection to the black circle still in place; this wasn’t some horror movie where the rope suddenly went slack. His return contingency was still in place.

He spun as he heard something, and noticed a cloud of sand suddenly kicked up about fifty feet away. A small pack of hollows had been roused by his arrival and began to move. Away from him. It did not look like they were running in a sudden panic, they just didn’t want to be close to him. Cole let out a slight laugh at the ridiculousness of the situation. Whereas other Shinigami exerted pressure when they let out reiatsu, Cole has been told his felt more like a vacuum. These bestial hollows making their way to the horizon were driven by instinct, and it seemed his reiatsu had the bright coloring of a highly poisonous insect. Avoid. Do not eat.

Interesting.  Perhaps Hueco Mundo was less dangerous to him than he was anticipating; if he didn’t need to return immediately, maybe he could establish a circle in Hueco Mundo as a tied off spell. This particular area seemed barren except for a few rock (or maybe bone) formations in the distance, and seemed like a safe enough place to set up something. A circle on the shifting sands would not be permanent enough, so he began to make his way towards one of the flatter pillars.
Last Edit: Aug 4, 2022 9:23:11 GMT -5 by Cole

Player

Continuing to slaughter, kill, take. Life is to constantly sin. Life is evil itself.

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Aug 4, 2022 14:16:19 GMT -5

Nezuel's blade sung as it cleaved through hollow flesh, separating the left side of the hollow infront of him from his right.  Feeling a presence behind him the arrancar turned, thrusting out a finger as a beam of lightning was sent into a white mask, breaking it.  He held his blade up, watching the blood seep into it, the body it had destroyed being absorbed by the blade.  Just to be certain, he thrust the tip into the one with a hole in its face, letting his zanpaktou feed and expanding his power.  With that done he looked around, noticing the tracks the 10 or so hollows had left in the sand.  Then he started to follow them.

He had been asleep, peacefully dreaming of black and white robes, yellow and red hair, before he had been very violently awoken by the feet of several hollows running from...something.  They wern't menos, which was a good thing, a single adjuchas would have likely left him in a puddle of his own blood if not eaten.  The weaklings were probably running from something, though, and curiously he couldn't quite feel what they were running from.  He decided that he might as well enforce a little etiquette and eat the disturbers before figuring things out.

Most arrancars might be surprised to see a shinigami within the white wastes of Hueco Mundo, the sections without civilization and without order for miles around.  Most arrancars might furiously defend their own world or rush brazenly into a fight for a relatively free meal.  Yet the small arrancar that climbed over one of the white dunes to look upon the shinigami didn't seem surprised nor bloodthirsty, instead he wore a slight smile as if he was bemused. 

"You are a long way from home, shinigami-san.  Did you mean to come here?" he raised a hand, cupping the moon in the sky slightly.  "Regardless, welcome to Hueco Mundo, is there something I can help you with?"

Player

I have nothing to say.

Cole Avatar

Cole

Post by Cole on Aug 4, 2022 19:22:26 GMT -5

It turned out that the large pale pillars were the bones of some enormous beast; that raised its own questions, hollows didn't really have bones, did they? That being said, if he had been thinking farther ahead, Cole would have brought more tools; at the very least some more paint, or something. Establishing a safe place he could teleport to Hueco Mundo could prove to be a valuable asset somewhere down the line; and this would have at least given him a landmark to navigate towards. Briefly, he considered using his Zanpakuto as a chisel, and the wordless voices from the blade took on a distinctly unhappy noise even at the very idea. While he couldn't understand his weapon, he saw no reason to antagonize the spirit within, so he left it sheathed on his back.

He had found a decent set of rocks into the sand, and began trying to literally bang out some inscriptions into the stone to set up for some of the hermetic sigils he had established were useful in channeling reishi into kidō. The shinigami was about halfway done with the first sigil when he heard someone call out.

Cole turned slowly, slipping his hand into his pocket to grab the black key in case he needed to make quick getaway from the new arrival. Like Enfermizo, this Arrancar didn't seem openly aggressive; it wouldn't be too shocking if Shinigami rumors and intelligence about the creatures were wrong. He grinned, he had a quick way out, no reason not to engage in conversation, "So, in order: A long way is very relative when it comes to visiting other realms. For all I know, this place could be metaphysically inches away from my home. Second; I meant to come to to Hueco Mundo, but I had no specific destination in mind. Third; thank you for the welcome; I suppose you could tell me if this particular area of the desert has anything about it that makes it notable?  I'm Cole, by the way."

Player

Continuing to slaughter, kill, take. Life is to constantly sin. Life is evil itself.

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Aug 4, 2022 21:31:40 GMT -5

Nezuel kept his other hand behind his back as he moved the one cupping the moon into view, pointing at the shinigami.  "A can admit that you have a point, although from our perspective we need to walk through a garganta whenever we use Descorrer." he looked around at the area, curious of what the shinigami was doing before he had come here.  His other hand moved swiftly as he let a hollow's head fall onto the sand.  "Are you what sent the hollows in the area fleeing?  They woke me up...and I do admit you feel...wrong somehow."

His eyes moved to focus on the stone that the shinigami was near, noticing the marking there.  He could almost feel like they were familiar but from how far away he was from them he couldn't really tell.  The arrancar took another step forward, eyes moving slightly to the shinigami's hand within his uniform.  Was he holding a weapon or something else, some tool.  Was he alone or did he have a squad nearby, some sort of flare perhaps?  "My name is Nezuel, Cole," he would say, eyes moving back to the markings upon the rock as he took another step.  "I have no issue for you being here...but I do want to know the reason why you are here."

"As for this area..there is very little...but the bones of such a magnificent hollow could have odd effects, perhaps a forest of Menos live under it?"
Last Edit: Aug 4, 2022 21:55:01 GMT -5 by nezuel

Player

I have nothing to say.

Cole Avatar

Cole

Post by Cole on Aug 5, 2022 20:07:05 GMT -5

Cole glanced at the hollow head as Nezuel tossed it to the sand.  Well; maybe the Arrancar wasn't exactly not openly hostile.  The man dropped the rocks he had been using to engrave the sigils, and put up a hand, a nonaggressive way of indicating the man shouldn't get too close, "I'd keep my distance, if I were you.  Due to the results of a Shinigami experiment, my reishi is lethally toxic to hollows.  I guess they screwed up though, and hollows can sense that it's a bad idea to try to eat me."

He gave a small shrug, "At least, I think that's why the last few groups ran off.  I figure if hollows are keeping their distance, it's not exactly dangerous for me to take a look around.  It's not like most Shinigami are able to wander Hueco Mundo unmolested." The man glanced back at the bones, "So uh...I guess you could say I'm sightseeing?  Frankly, I didn't even realize hollows had bones; at least, not any that would stick around after they were dead.  According to the logs, Menos Grande just dissolve into reishi after they're defeated."

It didn't immediately seem like he needed to make a rapid return to Soul Society, but it probably also wasn't a good idea to just turn and keep scratching out sigils in the bone.  If the man was going to attack him, it was probably going to happen soon, "So uh...how do you want this to shake out?"

Initiative Roll: _JAk2l521d1001d100
Last Edit: Aug 5, 2022 20:07:32 GMT -5 by Cole

Player

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Aug 5, 2022 20:15:04 GMT -5

"Oh?" he would ask, taking a seat on the dunes as he looked at the shinigami.  "You're toxic to us, similar to how we're toxic to the quincy perhaps?"  his eyebrows would move down on his face as he thought for a moment.  "If thats true then why are you the only one like it...can you not recreate the experiment...and how powerful are its effects?"  His eyes went wide a little bit as a smile lit up his face.  "You know what, I'll make you a deal."

He stood up, hand moving to the hilt of his sword before a look of distaste would show upon it and he let his hand drop.  "I won't tell any hollows in the area, and answer your questions and in exchange you let me test your effect on hollows and let me work out a little steam." he would sigh.  "I just tried to kiss a shinigami and she refused me so I'm a little upset...but I promise not to kill or maim you."

"As a show of good faith I'll tell you right now" he'd continue as his riatsu flared, feeling almost shinigami like in it feel.  "Those bones don't belone to a Gillian, Adjuchas, and defiantly not a Vasto Lorde.  But there are beasts and hollows that exist outside of such classification, some great and some odd...that is likely the remains of one such hollow."  Lightning started to crackle around him.  "Get ready, I'm starting in five seconds"

Initiative - Cole can go first
1d100m1NHDWrz
Last Edit: Aug 5, 2022 20:36:13 GMT -5 by nezuel

Player

I have nothing to say.

Cole Avatar

Cole

Post by Cole on Aug 5, 2022 22:18:36 GMT -5

Cole raised an eyebrow, there was a lot to unpack in what the Arrancar had just said.  Hollows were toxic to Quincy?  Lethally so?   His spell escape was mostly complete, and he could probably bluff through various magicks to make the man think he had been poisoned somehow.  And what was that about kissing a Shinigami?  He just shook his head, not really sure what to make of the man’s challenge, ”I…what? Alright, well; if you insist.”

The Shinigami swept his right leg back in a half circle and dropped his core, lowering his center of balance. His Zanpakuto remained sheathed on his back, he made no move to draw it. He pointed towards Nezuel, and a weak arc of electricity rushed towards Nezuel, missing entirely slamming into the bone between them.

As the dust kicked up, he began to speak again, his voice taking on a strange cadence that did not sound like a standard kidō. Your challenge issued, and thus accepted.  But this close, thou art infected. As for me? I am protected.”

Immediately, two things would happen, the Arrancar would feel a deep pull towards Cole from behind his hakusui. It would feel like something had settled there, and was trying to start eating away at his body and spirit. At the same time, a translucent shield formed in front of his outstretched hand.

COMBAT TRACKER

SUMMARY

Base Defense is 90 vs Nezuel (50 base + 30 Reflexes + 10 Alacrity)
Base Offense is +25 vs Nezuel

HP is 75 (50 base + 25 resilience)
Armor is 30 (30 from Sekisho)
Reishi is 152 (100 Base + 50 Caster + 10x1 Technique) (-5 #2, -1 #33, -5 #44, +3 Caster)

At-Will:
First Sigil

Standard Action:
Poison Parasite - (Bakudo #2)
UXc78T1w1d100 < 60 to inflict one stack (two turns) of 5 damage poison

Bonus Action:
Poison Parasite - (Bakudo #33)
1d100 < 95 to inflict two stacks of Cripple and Frostbite

Standard Action:
Shield - (Bakudo #44)

ACTIVE EFFECTS
Buffs

Debuffs

USES
Reiryoku Absorption - 0/3
Bakudo #44 - 1/1
Bakudo #33 - 1/2
Bakudo #7: Keikatsu
0/100 Invigorate Reishi Regained

CLASS - Caster
ATTUNED
As a passive effect, your max Reishi is increased by 50, you regain 3 Reishi at the end of your turn, and all non-basic Kido spells cost -5 less Reishi.

POTENT
You start with the Enhanced Byakurai Basic Attack Spell and the cost is reduced to 6 Reishi.

TRAITS
Rebuke - As an at-will effect when hit with any attack, you deal Reishi drain back to the attacker equal to the lowest rolled natural dice of the attack that hit you.

Cleverness - You have a passive +15% bonus to inflict a status effect from any source.

TECHNIQUES
BAKUDŌ #44: SEKISHO (BARRIER) - 1/1
Type: Defense - Kido Spell
Activate: Bonus Action - Reactive
Effect: You gain 30 Armor and are immune to non-special status effects inflicted by attacks.
Duration: Until the 30 Armor is gone.
Cost: 10 Reishi
Limit: Once per battle.

BAKUDŌ #7: KEIKATSU (OPENING REVIVAL) - 0/1
Type: Utility - Kido Healing Spell
Activate: At-Will
Effect: As an at-will action you restore 30 HP to self or a comrade.
Special Effect: You can spend an extra 5 Reishi to grant a 40% chance to apply the special status Mend to your target. Mend increases total healing from this spell to 60 HP instead of 30. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%.
Cost: 5 Reishi
Limit: Once per target.

BAKUDŌ #33: SŌEIGEKI (BLUE SLEET ATTACK) - 1/2
Type: Utility - Kido Binding Spell
Activate: Bonus Action
Effect: As a bonus action you have a 80% chance to inflict two stacks of the Cripple status effect on your target. Also inflicts a stack of special status effect Frostbite. Frostbite drains for 5 Reishi per turn and lasts for two more turns after Cripple is removed. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%.
Cost: 5 Reishi.

REIRYOKU ABSORPTION - 0/3
Type: Utility
Activate: At-Will - Reactive
Effect: As an at-will action, choose two attacks that hit you during your turn. Siphon 3 Reishi from the attacker per damage die rolled on each attack.
Cost: None
Limit: Three times per battle.

RELEASE
Absorption - Nameless Kido - SINGLE - Bashing, Cripple
Activate: Standard Action

Consume

Effect: As an-will action, you have a 60% chance to gain the special status effect Glutton. When Glutton is activated, you passively siphon 5 Reishi from your foe(s) for each Standard Action they used on their turn. You may target up to 3 enemies.

Limit: Four times per battle.

Condemning - Effect: As a passive effect any attack that hits you siphons -2 Reishi from the attacker while you are in your Released state.

REIATSU: 67,000
HP:75/75 | REISHI: 160/160| DEF:90 | DMG DIE: d9 | ACC: +25

1d100·1d100

Player

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Aug 6, 2022 16:45:17 GMT -5

"What is this?" Nezuel would ask as the shinigami began his attack. His body shifted slightly as the electricity missed him. That had almost seemed like kido but it had been different, and perhaps far too weak for the type of strength the shinigami before him was showing. Was that meant to be a feint, a distraction? He was careful, perhaps too careful, as he felt the pull on his reishi. With his eyes widening a bit at the shinigami's words...no, his incantation without a name. He was using kido somehow, but entirely different than other shinigami or Nezuel did. His mind raced, ignoring their battle for a second as he paced in the sand, hand moving to his chin.

"That was Kido." he'd say plainly, perhaps the knowledge that hollows knew of such things was common...but the information he was going to ask next about was less so amoung his kind. "How did you do that while not naming the spell. I can assume you added some sort of chant to the barrier." his eyes looked at it. "Its similar to one i've encountered before but...you didn't have a chant for the others either...nothing."

He stopped pacing, looking over at the shinigmai as his own riatsu flared, preparing his spell assault in response. He raised a hand, petals filling the shinigami's sight. "For instance BAKUDŌ #22: HAKUFUKU" Whether or not the kido was sussesful the arrancar acted quickly, honing his senses and riatsu as he held up his other hand, a single finger pointed out, sending three lines of crackling electricity. "HADŌ #4: BYAKURAI"

He could only hope the surprise at an arrancar using kido was enough to let them land true.

COMBAT TRACKER

2 stacks of cripple
2 stacks of frostbite
-23 reishi +1 (3/2) = 17 reishi spent

At-Will: HADŌ #4: BYAKURAI -6 reishi
Zv3P4CRE1d100+30
2d11

Bonus Action: BAKUDŌ #22: HAKUFUKU -0 reishi
1d100 <80 to inflict stagger
if successful 3d6 damage

Standard Action: HADŌ #4: BYAKURAI - 6 reishi
1d100+30
2d11

Standard Action: HADŌ #4: BYAKURAI -6 reishi
1d100+30
2d11

ACTIVE EFFECTS

CLASS Caster
ATTUNED: As a passive effect, your max Reishi is increased by 50, you regain 3 Reishi at the end of your turn, and all non-basic Kido spells cost -5 less Reishi.
POTENT: You start with the Enhanced Byakurai Basic Attack Spell and the cost is reduced to 6 Reishi.

TRAITS
INDOMITABLE: You gain +3 Damage Reduction (DR) per attack on your turn.
REBUKE: As an at-will effect when hit with any attack, you deal Reishi drain back to the attacker equal to the lowest rolled natural dice of the attack that hit you

TECHNIQUES
REIRYOKU ABSORPTION: As an at-will action, siphon 10 Reishi from any foe(s) for each time they hit you with an attack and reduce your HP. (1/3) -0 reishi

SPELLS
BAKUDŌ #41: KYŌMON (MIRROR GATE): As a bonus action, you avoid all but the highest rolled natural damage die from one non-critical attack that hit you. You deal the highest natural damage die back to the attacker as direct damage. If the attack would inflict a non-special status, you instead inflict that status back onto your opponent. No roll necessary. (1/2) -5 Reishi
BAKUDŌ #33: SŌEIGEKI (BLUE SLEET ATTACK): As a bonus action you have a 80% chance to inflict two stacks of the Cripple status effect on your target. Also inflicts a stack of special status effect Frostbite. Frostbite drains for 5 Reishi per turn and lasts for two more turns after Cripple is removed. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%. (1/2) -0 Reishi
BAKUDŌ #22: HAKUFUKU (WHITE CRAWL): As a bonus action you have a 80% chance to inflict the Stagger status on your target and upon infliction it deals a 3d6 worth of direct damage. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95% (1/2) -0 Reishi
BAKUDŌ #52: GENSHITSU: As bonus action you can inflict all of the non-special status effects you currently suffer from onto a foe of choice. Inherits the exact duration and other modifiers added to the status effect. It is automatically inflicted,no chance roll necessary. You cannot use Phantom Pain in response to a foe's use of Phantom Pain to then send those status effects back to them. (1/1) -0 reishi
BAKUDŌ #39: ENKŌSEN: As a bonus action you negate half the damage from two attacks that hit you during your turn (even critical hits.) (2/2) -10 reishi

RELEASE

REIATSU: 96,000
HP: 80/80 | REISHI: 158/180 | DEF: 80 | DMG DIE: d11 | ACC: +30
1d100+30·2d11·1d100·3d6·1d100+30·2d11·1d100+30·2d11
Last Edit: Aug 6, 2022 16:45:40 GMT -5 by nezuel

Player

I have nothing to say.

Cole Avatar

Cole

Post by Cole on Aug 6, 2022 17:11:36 GMT -5

Without changing stance, Cole flicked out his wrist with a wolfish grin as the petals appeared, and his voice rang out over the crackling of lightning from the Arrancar's magic, "Counterspell."

Immediately, while the petals blocked his vision for a moment, he avoided any further effects, and the evolved Hollow's lightning went wild.  Though if that was from the Shinigami's own technique, or just poor aim was unclear.  It was curious that he had used kidō, but his own research in life had proved that was not an impossibility.  He just hadn't been able to create any effects because of his own lack of spiritual power while a mortal.  The voices from his Zanpakuto muttered angrily, perhaps upset at the combat, but as normal, the words made no sense.  "If you wanted to have a nice chat on the nature of kidō, I would have considered it explaining it.  You challenged me, and I did warn you."

The feeling of something unwanted making it's home behind Nezuel's soul sleep would grow.  As it did, the Shinigami pointed behind him and to the right, and a precise beam of flame gouged the bone there.  He dropped his stance for a moment, offering a shrug to the Arrancar, "Seems you've got some of the basics down, come on then; that can't be everything."

COMBAT TRACKER
SUMMARY
1 Turn of Stagger Inflicted on Cole
All Damage Negated due to Guard
All Byakurai missed
Cole reinforces the parasite spell

HP is 75 (75)
Armor is 30 ()
Reishi is 145 (152 - 5 (G) - 5 (#2) + 3 (C))

At-Will:
Second Sigil

Bonus Action:
Counterspell - Guard 

Standard Action:
Parasite Link - (Bakudo #2)
lXdkaW9L1d100 < 60 to inflict one stack of cripple

Standard Action:
None

ACTIVE EFFECTS

Buffs

Debuffs
Staggered - Final Turn

USES
Bakudo #44 - 1/1
Bakudo #33 - 1/2
Bakudo #7: Keikatsu - 0/1

CLASS - Caster
ATTUNED
As a passive effect, your max Reishi is increased by 50, you regain 3 Reishi at the end of your turn, and all non-basic Kido spells cost -5 less Reishi.

POTENT
You start with the Enhanced Byakurai Basic Attack Spell and the cost is reduced to 6 Reishi.

TRAITS
Rebuke - As an at-will effect when hit with any attack, you deal Reishi drain back to the attacker equal to the lowest rolled natural dice of the attack that hit you.

Cleverness - You have a passive +15% bonus to inflict a status effect from any source.

TECHNIQUES
Effect: You gain 30 Armor and are immune to non-special status effects inflicted by attacks.

Special Effect: You can spend an extra 5 Reishi to grant a 40% chance to apply the special status Mend to your target. Mend increases total healing from this spell to 60 HP instead of 30. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%.

Effect: As a bonus action you have a 80% chance to inflict two stacks of the Cripple status effect on your target. Also inflicts a stack of special status effect Frostbite. Frostbite drains for 5 Reishi per turn and lasts for two more turns after Cripple is removed. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%.

Effect: As an at-will action, choose two attacks that hit you during your turn. Siphon 3 Reishi from the attacker per damage die rolled on each attack.

RELEASE

Consume
Effect: As an-will action, you have a 60% chance to gain the special status effect Glutton. When Glutton is activated, you passively siphon 5 Reishi from your foe(s) for each Standard Action they used on their turn. You may target up to 3 enemies.

Condemning - Effect: As a passive effect any attack that hits you siphons -2 Reishi from the attacker while you are in your Released state.

HP:75/75 | REISHI: 145/160| DEF:90 | DMG DIE: d9 | ACC: +25

1d100

Player

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Aug 6, 2022 19:05:40 GMT -5

Nez sighed as every single one of his kido spells seemed to either miss their target in regards to the Hado or completely be countered by the shinigami. He had the sudden urge to perhaps just abandon the way of using spells. When it came to using such arts shinigami just seemed naturally superior...the only person they seemed to have worked on had been a quincy after all. He supposed it made a certain amount of sense, the spells having been developed for and by the shinigami...it wasn't like that had an academy or anything.

"We wouldn't have been able to talk about Kido for very long, I'm afraid." he'd say, starting to focus his riatsu into the air around him. "While you seem to dissuade hollows from the area my own energy would have the opposite effect, we'd be found out...at least this way it looks like I tried to kill you if we're found out."

With those words he tried to inject his hollow energy into the shinigami's body, curious of the effects it would have if he was really toxic to his kind. Perhaps the riatsu would simply act like a poision...or would burn up inside of him. "BAKUDŌ #2: KARE" yet he wasn't finished, raising up a hand the desert air, or what passed for air here, would grow cold. Ice would form in his hand as he threw out a wave of cold riatsu at the shinigami kido user. " BAKUDŌ #33: SŌEIGEKI"

COMBAT TRACKER

2 stacks of cripple
2 stacks of frostbite
-11 + 1 (3/2) = 10 reishi spent

At-Will:

Bonus Action: BAKUDŌ #33: SŌEIGEKI -1 reishi
P6kq3c9m1d100 <80 to inflict 2 stacks of cripple and frostbite

Standard Action: BAKUDŌ #2: KARE (BLIGHT) -5 reishi
1d100 <45 to inflict burn

Standard Action:

ACTIVE EFFECTS

CLASS Caster
ATTUNED: As a passive effect, your max Reishi is increased by 50, you regain 3 Reishi at the end of your turn, and all non-basic Kido spells cost -5 less Reishi.
POTENT: You start with the Enhanced Byakurai Basic Attack Spell and the cost is reduced to 6 Reishi.

TRAITS
REBUKE: As an at-will effect when hit with any attack, you deal Reishi drain back to the attacker equal to the lowest rolled natural dice of the attack that hit you

TECHNIQUES
REIRYOKU ABSORPTION: As an at-will action, siphon 10 Reishi from any foe(s) for each time they hit you with an attack and reduce your HP. (1/3) -0 reishi

SPELLS
BAKUDŌ #41: KYŌMON (MIRROR GATE): As a bonus action, you avoid all but the highest rolled natural damage die from one non-critical attack that hit you. You deal the highest natural damage die back to the attacker as direct damage. If the attack would inflict a non-special status, you instead inflict that status back onto your opponent. No roll necessary. (1/2) -5 Reishi
BAKUDŌ #33: SŌEIGEKI (BLUE SLEET ATTACK): As a bonus action you have a 80% chance to inflict two stacks of the Cripple status effect on your target. Also inflicts a stack of special status effect Frostbite. Frostbite drains for 5 Reishi per turn and lasts for two more turns after Cripple is removed. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%. (1/2) -1 Reishi
BAKUDŌ #22: HAKUFUKU (WHITE CRAWL): As a bonus action you have a 80% chance to inflict the Stagger status on your target and upon infliction it deals a 3d6 worth of direct damage. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95% (1/2) -1 Reishi
BAKUDŌ #52: GENSHITSU: As bonus action you can inflict all of the non-special status effects you currently suffer from onto a foe of choice. Inherits the exact duration and other modifiers added to the status effect. It is automatically inflicted,no chance roll necessary. You cannot use Phantom Pain in response to a foe's use of Phantom Pain to then send those status effects back to them. (1/1) -1 reishi
BAKUDŌ #39: ENKŌSEN: As a bonus action you negate half the damage from two attacks that hit you during your turn (even critical hits.) (2/2) -10 reishi

RELEASE

HP: 80/80 | REISHI: 148/180 | DEF: 80 | DMG DIE: d11 | ACC: +30
1d100·1d100·1d100
Last Edit: Aug 6, 2022 19:08:30 GMT -5 by nezuel

Player

I have nothing to say.

Cole Avatar

Cole

Post by Cole on Aug 6, 2022 19:36:51 GMT -5

Cole frowned, thinking back to his demonstration bout with Irisa.  The Arrancar had a similar strategem; and Cole had learned her lesson against that woman.  Focusing on his innate ability to absorb reishi was not all that useful; Nezuel also did not appear to have the same level of effective barrier that the instructor had.

He felt the goosebumps rise on his skin as the second spell met its mark; annoying, but mostly harmless.  "Hmm, I suppose most of your kind don't like to suppress their reiatsu.  Is it really all 'survival of the fittest' here like they say?  Hiding your strength probably just gets you jumped."

The Shinigami dropping back into his stance; focusing on the chill in the air, and the frost collecting on his skin. Passing his reishi through the ice as a focus for the spell, a javelin of ice manifested in front both of his hands, one pointing towards the Arrancar, one pointing back and to the left, "Incantations are helpful, sometimes nice. But, you know...you can just use ice."

With that, the spear of ice shattered into a dozen pieces, launching themselves at Nezuel from numerous angles. Slicing razors of ice that were so cold they would inflict frostbite if enough landed.

COMBAT TRACKER
SUMMARY
Cole inflicted with Cripple for 2 Turns, Frostbite for 2 more after that
Cole at-will Byakurai - 8 damage at 71 accuracy
Cole standard action Byakurai - 15 damage at 47 accuracy
Cole blights with Burn

HP is 75 (75)
Armor is 30 ()
Reishi is 129 (152 - 6x2 (B) - 5 (#2) + 1 (C/2))

At-Will:
Third Sigil
Frozen Storm: At-Will Byakurai
m41ALINT1d100+25
2d9

Standard Action:
Frozen Storm: Byakurai
1d100+25
2d9

Standard Action:
Frozen Storm: #2 - Blight - Burn
1d100 < 60, two turns of burning (5 damage each)

Bonus Action:

ACTIVE EFFECTS

Buffs

Debuffs
Cripple - 1/2
Frostbite - (end of cripple)/2

USES
Bakudo #44 - 1/1
Bakudo #33 - 1/2
At-Will Byakurai - 1/3

CLASS - Caster
ATTUNED

POTENT

TRAITS

TECHNIQUES

RELEASE

Consume

HP:75/75 | REISHI: 129/160| DEF:90 | DMG DIE: d9 | ACC: +25

1d100+25·2d9·1d100+25·2d9·1d100
Last Edit: Aug 6, 2022 19:37:58 GMT -5 by Cole

Player

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Aug 6, 2022 22:34:23 GMT -5

"It really depends" He would say, arm sweeping out to block a blow of ice once, twice, three times. He frowned as the ice made of reishi and energy collapsed and the shards embedded themselves in his arms. "Well thats rather nasty, so many of you shinigami seem to have something for turning my white clothes red." He glanced at the shinigami, slowly letting his riatsu build as he picked out piece after piece of ice. "Sometimes it can get you attacked, yet other times you want to hide it so you do get attacked, if you're hungry, for instance."

His finger would move up in front of him again, reminiscent of the stance he had taken before, it was obvious what he was about to do. "I have to admit that barrier you shinigami use is rather annoying, perhaps I'll have my kido teacher teach it to me next." He smiled, slightly to the side as lightning sprang from his fingers, faster and more accurate this time. "HADŌ #4: BYAKURAI"

As the electricity left his hand a sudden question came into the arrancar's mind. "Oh, by the way. I know your name but do you happen to have a division too?" Perhaps this time the shinigami would actually take some damage from his attacks...yet they were quick bastards...so perhaps not.

COMBAT TRACKER

1 stacks of cripple
2 stacks of frostbite
2 stacks of burn
-5 hp due to burn
-33 + 1 (3/2) = 32 reishi spent

At-Will: HADŌ #4: BYAKURAI -6 reishi (1/3)
A4wvZagC1d100+45
2d11

Bonus Action: Focus Energy - 10 reishi
+15 acc

1d100+45
2d11

1d100+45
2d11

ACTIVE EFFECTS

CLASS Caster

TRAITS

TECHNIQUES
REIRYOKU ABSORPTION: As an at-will action, siphon 10 Reishi from any foe(s) for each time they hit you with an attack and reduce your HP. (3/3) -0 reishi

SPELLS
BAKUDŌ #33: SŌEIGEKI (BLUE SLEET ATTACK): As a bonus action you have a 80% chance to inflict two stacks of the Cripple status effect on your target. Also inflicts a stack of special status effect Frostbite. Frostbite drains for 5 Reishi per turn and lasts for two more turns after Cripple is removed. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%. (1/2) -1 Reishi
BAKUDŌ #22: HAKUFUKU (WHITE CRAWL): As a bonus action you have a 80% chance to inflict the Stagger status on your target and upon infliction it deals a 3d6 worth of direct damage. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95% (1/2) -1 Reishi
BAKUDŌ #52: GENSHITSU: As bonus action you can inflict all of the non-special status effects you currently suffer from onto a foe of choice. Inherits the exact duration and other modifiers added to the status effect. It is automatically inflicted,no chance roll necessary. You cannot use Phantom Pain in response to a foe's use of Phantom Pain to then send those status effects back to them. (1/1) -1 reishi

RELEASE

HP: 75/80 | REISHI: 116/180 | DEF: 80 | DMG DIE: d11 | ACC: +30
1d100+45·2d11·1d100+45·2d11·1d100+45·2d11

Player

I have nothing to say.

Cole Avatar

Cole

Post by Cole on Aug 9, 2022 8:33:49 GMT -5

"Counterspell."

Once again, two of the arcs of lightning went wide, though he needed to move the hand with the barrier up to block the last bolt of magic; which exploded into crackling sparks as it collided against his protective barrier. The sparks would seem to dissolve and merge back into the barrier, and Nezuel would feel that it pulled even more energy from the attack than he had meant to put in.

Cole considered for a second, the fact that he had a kidō teacher meant that he was probably working with a Shinigami. Which either meant that a Shinigami had some scheme going on, or was actively helping an enemy. The fact that the Arrancar had not been taught relatively basic protective spells seemed to indicate the former. No reason to point this out and make him suspicious. Gathering information was probably the best way to do this; he could always either confront the teacher or inform Muimina and Tensai; they were looking for a traitor, after all.

In response to his query, Cole gave a small shrug as he flipped open a small pouch on his belt, pulling out what appeared to be a razor blade, "Fifth squad. Is your teacher the same woman that has you so hot and bothered?"

Without another word, the Shinigami would channel his reishi through the razor blade for another attack. The small cuts from the shards of ice that were already staining the man's outfit felt like they were about to tear open even further.

COMBAT TRACKER
SUMMARY
Rapid Movement to Dodge the 99 Accuracy attack
Shield takes 14 damage
Reiryoku Absorption; 6 Reishi Loss to Nezuel, 3 (after cripple) to Cole
Cole standard action Byakurai
Cole blights with Wound

HP is 75 (75)
Armor is 16 (30-14)
Reishi is 107 (129 - 10 (RM) - 6 (#4) - 5 (#2) - 5 (FB) + 1 (C) + 3 (RA) )

At-Will:
Reiryoku Absorption

Bonus Action:
Counterspell - Rapid Movement

Standard Action:
Open Wounds: #2 - Blight - Wound
WmKi835i1d100 < 60, two turns of Wound (5 damage each)

Standard Action:
Open Wounds: Byakurai
1d100+25
2d9

ACTIVE EFFECTS

Buffs

Debuffs
Cripple - Final Turn/2
Frostbite - (end of cripple)/2

USES
Reiryoku Absorption - 1/3
Bakudo #44 - 1/1
Bakudo #33 - 1/2
At-Will Byakurai - 1/3

CLASS - Caster
ATTUNED

POTENT

TRAITS

TECHNIQUES

REIRYOKU ABSORPTION - 1/3

RELEASE

Consume

HP:75/75 | REISHI: 107/160| DEF:90 | DMG DIE: d9 | ACC: +25

1d100·1d100+25·2d9
Last Edit: Aug 9, 2022 8:36:32 GMT -5 by Cole

Player

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Aug 9, 2022 18:45:22 GMT -5

The shinigami, once again, seemed able to shrug off most of his assaults with the defense of his spells. The arrancar was excited to see that one of his blows had managed to hit the shinigami's barrier despite his attempts, the carrier seeming to lose quite a bit of power. He winced as the wounds on his body got worse, the shinigami's magic managing to bypass his hierro and destroying him from the inside.

Nez held up a hand, trying to same trick he had tried before and failed at as he replied to the shinigami before him. "I suppose you could say that...but its a guess whether she actually likes me or is just using and manipulating me." Just for extra measure he threw out another bolt of lightning, trying to see if he could break that barrier with another well aimed hit...otherwise he fell back on using his kido to stop any counter attack from the shinigami, distracting him by filling his vision with more illusions.

"She kissed me once...but hasn't let me kiss her since...are shinigami woman usually so manipulative, Cole?" he put a finger to his lips, thinking. "What is the purpose of the 5th division, if I might ask?"

COMBAT TRACKER

2 stacks of frostbite
1 stacks of burn
2 stacks of wound
-10 hp due to burn
-20 (23+3) reishi frostbite

At-Will:

Bonus Action: BAKUDŌ #22: HAKUFUKU -1 reishi
XIshmy091d100 <80 to inflict stagger
3d6

Standard Action: BAKUDŌ #2: KARE -5 reishi
1d100 < 45 to inflict 2 stacks of poison

1d100+30
2d11

ACTIVE EFFECTS

CLASS Caster

TRAITS

TECHNIQUES
REIRYOKU ABSORPTION: As an at-will action, siphon 10 Reishi from any foe(s) for each time they hit you with an attack and reduce your HP. (3/3) -0 reishi

SPELLS

RELEASE

HP: 65/80 | REISHI: 96/180 | DEF: 80 | DMG DIE: d11 | ACC: +30
1d100·3d6·1d100·1d100+30·2d11
Last Edit: Aug 9, 2022 20:41:54 GMT -5 by nezuel

Player

I have nothing to say.

Cole Avatar

Cole

Post by Cole on Aug 9, 2022 20:40:19 GMT -5

Cole flicked his wrist out again, forcing more energy into his shield as he did; "Counterspell."

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

There was still a crackle of energy as the man's Byakurai slammed into his shield, but it was the impact was significantly reduced by his efforts.  He gave a small smirk at the Arrancar's, "Fifth squad is comprised of kidō experts.  Are you're telling me that's not in the 'Welcome to your Afterlife as an Arrancar' brochure or something?  I'm pretty sure that's about as close as you can get to public information in the spiritual world.  I hammered the squad responsibilities out before I died, and I wasn't even spiritually aware back then."

He gave a small shrug and continued, "As to your would-be snogging partner, you're asking the wrong questions.  Shinigami women are just that, women.  Some are vain, some are humble; some are kind, some are callous."

That was putting it lightly, he supposed.  From what he had seen the near-immortal Shinigami became more of what they already were.  The callous became cruel, the kind became saintly, the vain became so obsessed with appearances it became their personality.  He shook his head as the words of his Zanpaktuo rose in a cacophony of nonsensical voices.  What would he become; with the constant unintelligible whispers in his mind?  Was insane the only option?  He hoped not.

The Shinigami slipped the razor back into his belt pouch with a nod of satisfaction; judging by the profuse bleeding on what were previously minor wounds, using material foci in combat seemed quite effective.  He'd consider that a successful field test at the moment.  He reached out with a closed fist, "I might know your lady friend; I know most of the kidō experts in Soul Society; my approach to magick is considered somewhat novel."

As if to demonstrate, he began to open and close his fist in a rhythm, and the feeling of something settled in his chest would begin to pulse with his fist, as if it was pulling more than just his energy from him.

"That being said, your teacher might not actually be a kidō expert.  You've only used four; two of which are single digit, and the others aren't uncommon.  You've got comparable energy to most seated Shinigami, surely you've got some fancier tricks."

COMBAT TRACKER

SUMMARY
Rebuke deals 5 reishi drain (also, I forgot to note the 6 drain from last post)
Blight and Stagger fail, no direct damage from #22
Guard reduces damage to the shield to a total of 2
Invigorate
Cole blights with Wound

HP is 75 (75)
Armor is 14 (16-2)
Reishi is 120 (107 - 5 (G) - 5 (#2) - 5 (FB) + 3(C) + 25 (I))

At-Will:

Bonus Action:
Counterspell - Guard

Standard Action:
Invigorate

Standard Action:
Reinforce Parasite: #2 - Blight - Poison
Yxa6JOEh1d100 < 60, one stack two turns of Poison (5 damage each)

ACTIVE EFFECTS

Buffs

Debuffs
Frostbite - 1/2

USES
Reiryoku Absorption - 1/3
Bakudo #44 - 1/1
Bakudo #33 - 1/2
Invigorate - 1/4 
At-Will Byakurai - 1/3

CLASS - Caster
ATTUNED

POTENT

TRAITS

TECHNIQUES

REIRYOKU ABSORPTION - 1/3

RELEASE

Consume

HP:75/75 | REISHI: 120/160| DEF:90 | DMG DIE: d9 | ACC: +25

1d100
Last Edit: Aug 9, 2022 20:46:46 GMT -5 by Cole