Bleach Hereafter RPG

Refining Techniques

Player

Continuing to slaughter, kill, take. Life is to constantly sin. Life is evil itself.

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Aug 10, 2022 15:54:04 GMT -5

"Do you ever get tired of saying that word over and over shinigami-san?" the arrancar would ask. "Although I suppose if it works and doesn't cost you all that much reishi to use....why not?" the arrancar then did the unthinkable, he sat down, right there on the sand in the middle of their fight. "No" he'd say, waving away the shinigami's attempt to no doubt make him bleed some more with that small razor of his. His riatsu flared, trying once again to inflict some sort of damage on the shinigami through the shild by infecting his riatsu directly. "They didn't teach me much at all before they threw me out onto the sands."

He lazily drew up a finger at the shinigami, not even bothering to look. If he hit the black clad warrior, he'd no doubt dodge or guard against it. "But a division set about kido...how interesting, say, are you recruiting?" He dropped the sparking hand onto the sand, looked up at the moon. His heart slowed somewhat as he took in a breath, two, three, feeling the power in the air around him start to fill him ever so slightly.

"I keep calling her my kido teacher...but in truth she hasn't taught me any kido, simply how to manifest a physical body. Even that was a play I think, since she taught me in a way that limit my spiritual abilities while manifested." he shrugged at the shinigami's questions. "In all honesty, most of my kido is bakudo and defensive at that. You might actually have to try and hit me instead of bleed me like a dead pig."

"That being said," he would stand up, his mid-fight break apparently over. "While I don't know her intentions, even if they are malicious I must keep her name hidden, there are rules about these things you understand?"

COMBAT TRACKER

1 stacks of frostbite
1 stacks of wound
-5 hp due to wound
+13 (28-16) reishi frostbite

At-Will:

Bonus Action: Invigorate

Standard Action: BAKUDŌ #2: KARE -5 reishi
Tl4P2xiL1d100 < 45 to inflict 2 stacks of poison

Standard Action: HADŌ #4: BYAKURAI -6 reishi
1d100+30
2d11

ACTIVE EFFECTS

CLASS Caster
ATTUNED: As a passive effect, your max Reishi is increased by 50, you regain 3 Reishi at the end of your turn, and all non-basic Kido spells cost -5 less Reishi.
POTENT: You start with the Enhanced Byakurai Basic Attack Spell and the cost is reduced to 6 Reishi.

TRAITS
INDOMITABLE: You gain +3 Damage Reduction (DR) per attack on your turn.
REBUKE: As an at-will effect when hit with any attack, you deal Reishi drain back to the attacker equal to the lowest rolled natural dice of the attack that hit you

TECHNIQUES
REIRYOKU ABSORPTION: As an at-will action, siphon 10 Reishi from any foe(s) for each time they hit you with an attack and reduce your HP. (3/3) -0 reishi

SPELLS
BAKUDŌ #41: KYŌMON (MIRROR GATE): As a bonus action, you avoid all but the highest rolled natural damage die from one non-critical attack that hit you. You deal the highest natural damage die back to the attacker as direct damage. If the attack would inflict a non-special status, you instead inflict that status back onto your opponent. No roll necessary. (2/2) -5 Reishi
BAKUDŌ #33: SŌEIGEKI (BLUE SLEET ATTACK): As a bonus action you have a 80% chance to inflict two stacks of the Cripple status effect on your target. Also inflicts a stack of special status effect Frostbite. Frostbite drains for 5 Reishi per turn and lasts for two more turns after Cripple is removed. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%. (1/2) -1 Reishi
BAKUDŌ #22: HAKUFUKU (WHITE CRAWL): As a bonus action you have a 80% chance to inflict the Stagger status on your target and upon infliction it deals a 3d6 worth of direct damage. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95% (0/2) -1 Reishi
BAKUDŌ #52: GENSHITSU: As bonus action you can inflict all of the non-special status effects you currently suffer from onto a foe of choice. Inherits the exact duration and other modifiers added to the status effect. It is automatically inflicted,no chance roll necessary. You cannot use Phantom Pain in response to a foe's use of Phantom Pain to then send those status effects back to them. (1/1) -1 reishi
BAKUDŌ #39: ENKŌSEN: As a bonus action you negate half the damage from two attacks that hit you during your turn (even critical hits.) (2/2) -10 reishi

RELEASE

REIATSU: 96,000
HP: 60/80 | REISHI: 109/180 | DEF: 80 | DMG DIE: d11 | ACC: +30
1d100·1d100+30·2d11

Player

I have nothing to say.

Cole Avatar

Cole

Post by Cole on Aug 10, 2022 17:11:32 GMT -5

Cole laughed, flicking his wrist again, causing the bolt of lightning to go wide, "Counterspell."

A mischievous grin snuck onto the his face as the evolved Holow sat down, "I'll be honest, I don't even need to say it.  The repetition just tilts the shit out of other Shinigami and then they make stupid mistakes."

That being said, the man's question deserved some consideration, initially, he assumed it was a joke, or some sort of feint, but why not entertain the thought, "I mean, if you're serious, I can make some inquiries; I could ask the Vice Captain, at the very least..."

He felt the Arrancar's blighting spell find purchase, but he had a feeling he could outlast the man in that respect. Cole nodded to the Arrancar "Nice, felt that one."  He pulled a small stick from his pouch, he flicked it towards Nezuel, the red head of the match flared to life as it approached him, the flame jumping towards his bloody clothes.  

"'sides, I've already figured out who taught you. It's pretty obvious, there aren't that many candidates;" he offered another shrug, "Her secret is safe with me, but odds are you'll have to give her up during any sort of interview process.  But she's got enough pull that she'll probably be okay."

COMBAT TRACKER

SUMMARY
Rapid Movement increases Defense to 105, Byakurai Misses
Cole inflicted with poison
Invigorate
Cole blights with Burning

Base Defense is 90 vs Nezuel (50 base + 30 Reflexes + 10 Alacrity)
Base Offense is +25 vs Nezuel

HP is 70 (75 - 5 (poison)
Armor is 14 (14)
Reishi is 128 (120 - 10 (RM) - 5 (#2) - 5 (FB) + 3(C) + 25 (I))

At-Will:

Bonus Action:
Counterspell - Rapid Movement

Standard Action:
Invigorate

Standard Action:
Flick: #2 - Blight - Burn
EHrofvMJ1d100 < 60, one stack two turns of Burn (5 damage each)

ACTIVE EFFECTS

Buffs

Debuffs
Frostbite - Final Turn/2
Poison - 1/2

USES
Reiryoku Absorption - 1/3
Bakudo #44 - 1/1
Bakudo #33 - 1/2
Bakudo #7: Keikatsu - 0/1
Invigorate - 1/4 
At-Will Byakurai - 1/3

CLASS - Caster
ATTUNED
As a passive effect, your max Reishi is increased by 50, you regain 3 Reishi at the end of your turn, and all non-basic Kido spells cost -5 less Reishi.

POTENT
You start with the Enhanced Byakurai Basic Attack Spell and the cost is reduced to 6 Reishi.

TRAITS
Rebuke - As an at-will effect when hit with any attack, you deal Reishi drain back to the attacker equal to the lowest rolled natural dice of the attack that hit you.

Cleverness - You have a passive +15% bonus to inflict a status effect from any source.

TECHNIQUES
BAKUDŌ #44: SEKISHO (BARRIER) - 1/1
Type: Defense - Kido Spell
Activate: Bonus Action - Reactive
Effect: You gain 30 Armor and are immune to non-special status effects inflicted by attacks.
Duration: Until the 30 Armor is gone.
Cost: 10 Reishi
Limit: Once per battle.

BAKUDŌ #7: KEIKATSU (OPENING REVIVAL) - 0/1
Type: Utility - Kido Healing Spell
Activate: At-Will
Effect: As an at-will action you restore 30 HP to self or a comrade.
Special Effect: You can spend an extra 5 Reishi to grant a 40% chance to apply the special status Mend to your target. Mend increases total healing from this spell to 60 HP instead of 30. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%.
Cost: 5 Reishi
Limit: Once per target.

BAKUDŌ #33: SŌEIGEKI (BLUE SLEET ATTACK) - 1/2
Type: Utility - Kido Binding Spell
Activate: Bonus Action
Effect: As a bonus action you have a 80% chance to inflict two stacks of the Cripple status effect on your target. Also inflicts a stack of special status effect Frostbite. Frostbite drains for 5 Reishi per turn and lasts for two more turns after Cripple is removed. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%.
Cost: 5 Reishi.

REIRYOKU ABSORPTION - 1/3
Type: Utility
Activate: At-Will - Reactive
Effect: As an at-will action, choose two attacks that hit you during your turn. Siphon 3 Reishi from the attacker per damage die rolled on each attack.
Cost: None
Limit: Three times per battle.

RELEASE
Absorption - Nameless Kido - SINGLE - Bashing, Cripple
Activate: Standard Action

Consume
Effect: As an-will action, you have a 60% chance to gain the special status effect Glutton. When Glutton is activated, you passively siphon 5 Reishi from your foe(s) for each Standard Action they used on their turn. You may target up to 3 enemies.
Limit: Four times per battle.

Condemning - Effect: As a passive effect any attack that hits you siphons -2 Reishi from the attacker while you are in your Released state.

REIATSU: 67,000
HP:70/75 | REISHI: 120/160| DEF:90 | DMG DIE: d9 | ACC: +25

1d100
Last Edit: Aug 11, 2022 6:12:46 GMT -5 by Cole

Player

Continuing to slaughter, kill, take. Life is to constantly sin. Life is evil itself.

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Aug 10, 2022 23:04:30 GMT -5

Nez laughed, a rare sound within the wastes of Hueco Mundo.  "I bet you must be popular for a shinigami" he'd say, his words laced with sarcasm and false meaning.  He tilted his head at the shinigami's response to his joke...had it been a joke?  He had told Irisa that he'd been interested in working with the shinigami and joining the gotei 13 but she hadn't responded nearly as positively as Cole did.  Nezuel's eyes widened a little as he bowed at the waist, putting a closed fist into an open palm.  "That would be appreciated, although I fear any positive reaction might be a ploy to trap me instead of pure intentions." He shrugged and straightened.  "It is what one expects when you are a hollow, but I will appreciate any effort on your part."

Nez's eyes narrowed at the match.  "It seems your luck is running out shinigami-san...though I'm curious, is she so noteworthy that you've figured it out already...and would she truly be ok with this information getting out?" he shook his head.  "Perhaps you might do me the favor of giving me time to talk to her about such things, if she will talk about such things to me?"

Nez decided to release another wave of cold energy into his enemy.  It was likely he'd just counterspell another hado spell so he combined the white lightning with the ice, sending them both at the man in a round about manner.

COMBAT TRACKER

-9 reishi

At-Will:

Bonus Action: BAKUDŌ #33: SŌEIGEKI (BLUE SLEET ATTACK) -1 reishi
7HvhG0nA1d100 < 80 to inflict 2 stacks of cripple and frostbite

1d100 < 45 to inflict 2 stacks of Wound

1d100+30
2d11

ACTIVE EFFECTS

CLASS Caster
ATTUNED: As a passive effect, your max Reishi is increased by 50, you regain 3 Reishi at the end of your turn, and all non-basic Kido spells cost -5 less Reishi.
POTENT: You start with the Enhanced Byakurai Basic Attack Spell and the cost is reduced to 6 Reishi.

TRAITS
REBUKE: As an at-will effect when hit with any attack, you deal Reishi drain back to the attacker equal to the lowest rolled natural dice of the attack that hit you

TECHNIQUES
REIRYOKU ABSORPTION: As an at-will action, siphon 10 Reishi from any foe(s) for each time they hit you with an attack and reduce your HP. (3/3) -0 reishi

SPELLS
BAKUDŌ #41: KYŌMON (MIRROR GATE): As a bonus action, you avoid all but the highest rolled natural damage die from one non-critical attack that hit you. You deal the highest natural damage die back to the attacker as direct damage. If the attack would inflict a non-special status, you instead inflict that status back onto your opponent. No roll necessary. (2/2) -5 Reishi
BAKUDŌ #33: SŌEIGEKI (BLUE SLEET ATTACK): As a bonus action you have a 80% chance to inflict two stacks of the Cripple status effect on your target. Also inflicts a stack of special status effect Frostbite. Frostbite drains for 5 Reishi per turn and lasts for two more turns after Cripple is removed. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%. (0/2) -1 Reishi
BAKUDŌ #22: HAKUFUKU (WHITE CRAWL): As a bonus action you have a 80% chance to inflict the Stagger status on your target and upon infliction it deals a 3d6 worth of direct damage. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95% (0/2) -1 Reishi
BAKUDŌ #52: GENSHITSU: As bonus action you can inflict all of the non-special status effects you currently suffer from onto a foe of choice. Inherits the exact duration and other modifiers added to the status effect. It is automatically inflicted,no chance roll necessary. You cannot use Phantom Pain in response to a foe's use of Phantom Pain to then send those status effects back to them. (1/1) -1 reishi
BAKUDŌ #39: ENKŌSEN: As a bonus action you negate half the damage from two attacks that hit you during your turn (even critical hits.) (2/2) -10 reishi

RELEASE

HP: 60/80 | REISHI: 100/180 | DEF: 80 | DMG DIE: d11 | ACC: +30
1d100·1d100·1d100+30·2d11
Last Edit: Aug 10, 2022 23:05:36 GMT -5 by nezuel

Player

I have nothing to say.

Cole Avatar

Cole

Post by Cole on Aug 11, 2022 6:54:48 GMT -5

Cole flicked his wrist, not bothering to utter the word again, and not a single one of the Arrancar’s spells would find their mark. ”I’ve got a few friends, but the reiatsu void thing tends to put people off on the first impression. But I can hold my own in a fight, and Shinigami just love to spar, they’ve very much got a whole ‘friendship through fighting’ thing going.”

The Shinigami shrugged noncommittally, ”But you’re probably right about the trap; I don’t have nearly as much pull as your lady friend does around Seireitei, and she's been around far longer than I have.  After I let them know you were interested they’d probably thank me and then promptly cut me out of the loop.  You’d probably end up in the lab of one of the resident madmen of 12th Squad.”

Once again, he considered the man. The black key was still comfortably in his pocket, and he was certain that he still had an easy escape if he needed it, ”Though, I suppose as long as we’re doing our own friendly bout, I might as well let you show off what you know. I’ve been on the receiving end of the whole ‘death of a thousand cuts’ strategy, and it’s as painful as it is annoying.”

Dropping back into stance, he smiled; and energy started to disappear from the surroundings, manifesting in a black ball in front of the Shinigami’s hand as he spoke, ”The rhyming is also just for show, the truth of kidō is in the tempo.”

His other hand reached into the pouch again; this time he pulled out a small black bead of glass. Cole tossed it into the collecting energy, and there was the sound of it shattering much louder than the small object could have produced.

”Desolation.”

The black ball exploded forward in a jagged beam reishi that seemed to suck in the light; and it streaked right for the Arrancar’s chest.

COMBAT TRACKER

SUMMARY
Sense increases Cole’s defense to 95; Byakurai misses
Cole Focuses Energy
BYAKURAI SPAM GOOOO:
At-Will - Accuracy 109, Damage 10
Standard - Accuracy 79 - Damage 4
Standard - Accuracy 130 - Damage 3

HP is 65 (70 - 5 (poison))
Armor is 14 (14)
Reishi is 95 (120 - 10 (FE) - 18 (Bx3) + 3(C)

Bonus Action:
Focus Energy

At-Will:
Sense
Desolation - Byakurai
uZLlxVDa1d100+45
2d9

Standard Action:
Desolation - Byakurai
1d100+45
2d9

Standard Action:
Desolation - Byakurai
1d100+45
2d9

ACTIVE EFFECTS

Buffs

Debuffs

USES
Bakudo #44 - 1/1
Bakudo #33 - 1/2
Invigorate - 2/4 
At-Will Byakurai - 2/3

CLASS - Caster
ATTUNED
As a passive effect, your max Reishi is increased by 50, you regain 3 Reishi at the end of your turn, and all non-basic Kido spells cost -5 less Reishi.

POTENT
You start with the Enhanced Byakurai Basic Attack Spell and the cost is reduced to 6 Reishi.

TRAITS
Rebuke - As an at-will effect when hit with any attack, you deal Reishi drain back to the attacker equal to the lowest rolled natural dice of the attack that hit you.

Cleverness - You have a passive +15% bonus to inflict a status effect from any source.

TECHNIQUES
Effect: You gain 30 Armor and are immune to non-special status effects inflicted by attacks.

Special Effect: You can spend an extra 5 Reishi to grant a 40% chance to apply the special status Mend to your target. Mend increases total healing from this spell to 60 HP instead of 30. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%.

Effect: As a bonus action you have a 80% chance to inflict two stacks of the Cripple status effect on your target. Also inflicts a stack of special status effect Frostbite. Frostbite drains for 5 Reishi per turn and lasts for two more turns after Cripple is removed. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%.

Effect: As an at-will action, choose two attacks that hit you during your turn. Siphon 3 Reishi from the attacker per damage die rolled on each attack.

RELEASE

Consume
Effect: As an-will action, you have a 60% chance to gain the special status effect Glutton. When Glutton is activated, you passively siphon 5 Reishi from your foe(s) for each Standard Action they used on their turn. You may target up to 3 enemies.

Condemning - Effect: As a passive effect any attack that hits you siphons -2 Reishi from the attacker while you are in your Released state.

HP:65/75 | REISHI: 95/160| DEF:90 | DMG DIE: d9 | ACC: +25

1d100+45·2d9·1d100+45·2d9·1d100+45·2d9
Last Edit: Aug 11, 2022 6:57:18 GMT -5 by Cole

Player

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Aug 11, 2022 12:29:26 GMT -5

"I've met one of them too" the arrancar would say in response to the shinigami's mention of the 12th division. "They're just a lovely individual too" his words dripped with sarcasm as he smiled ath the shinigami. "We arrancars also like to fight, but the event doesn't really build friendship but resentment and spite....our rank is determined by our power after all."

As the black ball of presumed death moved towards Nezuel he held up his hand, reishi flowing through him and creating an invisible barrier before him. "BAKUDŌ #41: KYŌMON" he would say, lips tilting upwards slightly as he gave the shinigami what he wanted to see, higher kido. The ball blew past the shield but it had slowed down, the shards of the glass like kido splintering and falling towards cole. With that done, Nezuel opened his still outstretched hand and caught the ball in his hand, gripping it as it hurt his palm but, due to his hieroo, did very little damage.

"Since we're doing this...should I consider us friends then shinigami-san?" he'd ask, fingers moving into the ball as he drew the reishi from it, eating the power that Cole had provided to it before he could cut any connections. He plucked some of the shards from the air and put them on the ball before he took a pitchers stance and threw it back at the shinigami. "Catch!"

COMBAT TRACKER

sipon 12 reishi from Cole
5 direct damage to cole
-1 total reishi this turn
2 damage (5-3) taken.
0 damage taken (3-3)

At-Will: REIRYOKU ABSORPTION

Bonus Action: BAKUDŌ #41: KYŌMON (MIRROR GATE) -5 reishi
5 direct damage back at cole

MdwFwL8Z1d100 < 45 to inflict 2 stacks of Wound

1d100+30
2d11

ACTIVE EFFECTS

CLASS Caster

TRAITS

TECHNIQUES
REIRYOKU ABSORPTION:As an at-will action, choose two attacks that hit you during your turn. Siphon 3 Reishi from the attacker per damage die rolled on each attack. (2/3) -0 reishi

SPELLS
BAKUDŌ #41: KYŌMON (MIRROR GATE): As a bonus action, you avoid all but the highest rolled natural damage die from one non-critical attack that hit you. You deal the highest natural damage die back to the attacker as direct damage. If the attack would inflict a non-special status, you instead inflict that status back onto your opponent. No roll necessary. (1/2) -5 Reishi
BAKUDŌ #33: SŌEIGEKI (BLUE SLEET ATTACK): As a bonus action you have a 80% chance to inflict two stacks of the Cripple status effect on your target. Also inflicts a stack of special status effect Frostbite. Frostbite drains for 5 Reishi per turn and lasts for two more turns after Cripple is removed. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%. (0/2) -1 Reishi

RELEASE

HP: 58/80 | REISHI: 99/180 | DEF: 80 | DMG DIE: d11 | ACC: +30
1d100·1d100+30·2d11
Last Edit: Aug 13, 2022 18:38:32 GMT -5 by nezuel

Player

I have nothing to say.

Cole Avatar

Cole

Post by Cole on Aug 14, 2022 17:24:22 GMT -5

Cole flicked his wrist in the counterspelling motion, and once again the bolt of lightning went wide, the reflected attack being simply absorbed back into his shield harmlessly.  He applauded politely at the demonstration, ”Very nice.  And fair point on the direct assault defense, Mirror Gate isn’t particularly useful against foes that target you indirectly or go for your reishi reserves directly. Funny, that.”

If he wasn't confident about who the teacher might have been yet, the idea was definitely solidifying.  Cole dropped out of stance again, the zanpakuto muttering wordlessly in his head once more as he considered the Arrancar.  He rolled his shoulder in a half-shrug, ”For our safety, I wouldn’t call us friends. Respected opponent is probably better and more accurate. And, I’m going to be frank with you, if you don’t know any kaidō, or if you don’t have any fancy Arrancar healing tricks, the only way you win at this point is getting lucky. It’s going to be painful for both of us; long term maledictions don’t feel particularly pleasant, but I’m perfectly willing to call this a draw.”

That gnawing feeling behind his soul sleep that Cole had whammied the Arrancar with at the start of the fight began to pulse again.

COMBAT TRACKER

SUMMARY
Byakurai misses.
Guard negates all direct damage
Inflicted with wound, 5 status damage

HP is 60 (65 - 5 wound))
Armor is 14 (14)
Reishi is 102 (95 - 12 (RA) - 5 (G) - 1 (#33) + 25 (In)

At-Will:

Bonus Action:
Counterspell - Guard

Standard Action:
Invigorate

Standard Action:
Parasite - Bakudo #33
a0|bjRkY1d100 < 95 to inflict 2 stacks of cripple, and 2 turns of frostbite when cripple ends

ACTIVE EFFECTS

Buffs

Debuffs
Wound 1/2

USES
Bakudo #44 - 1/1
Bakudo #33 - 2/2
Invigorate - 3/4 
At-Will Byakurai - 2/3

CLASS - Caster
ATTUNED

POTENT

TRAITS

TECHNIQUES

RELEASE

Consume

HP:60/75 | REISHI: 102/160| DEF:90 | DMG DIE: d9 | ACC: +25

1d100
Last Edit: Aug 14, 2022 17:24:35 GMT -5 by Cole

Player

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Aug 14, 2022 19:17:07 GMT -5

Nez laughed as the shinigami told him insights into his own kido.  He truly needed to find an actual teacher for kido, possibly even attend that academy the shinigami had.  How amusing would it be for him to be accepted by the 5th squad and then show up to one of Irisa's classes.  Should he wear a disguise, perhaps a ha, beard, and glasses?  Althought judging by what the shinigami before him had said perhaps she'd attack him to get rid of him...or worse, using him to show off to the students of her class.

"I am loathed to end a battle with no clear victor..." Nezuel would say, getting up and walking towards the shinigami.  "And while I would savor the experience gained from a long and drawn out battle...I feel our time could be better served with words over the wounds we inflict upon ourselves." He would stop a little bit away from the shinigami, raising his arm to the man slowly, the crippling effect of his riatsu effecting him.  He'd present the kido expert with an open hand, a handshake.  "I'll take a draw, shinigami san...but how about we meet each other again at some point and test ourselves against one another again sometime, I'm sure we could both learn much."

As soon as the shinigami's hand touched his Nez would mutter something and Cole would feel his own riatsu recovery crippled.  "BAKUDŌ #52: GENSHITSU"  Nez would look into the man's eyes as they touched, his frown slightly concerning.  The man certainly felt wrong, like he shouldn't exist.  Perhaps it was muted by Nezuel's own draining nature but he could guess why those hollows had fled.

"Another kido, just for show...recently learned" he'd shrug before breaking the contact.  'I admit I'm curious about how wrong you feel, what would happen if I filled you with hollow reishi...what would a kiss feel like?"

Player

I have nothing to say.

Cole Avatar

Cole

Post by Cole on Aug 16, 2022 7:08:52 GMT -5

Cole laughed at the man's pettiness of hitting him with Phantom Pain as the spar ended; harmless, but amusing enough.  Nonetheless, he separated from his handshake and smirked slightly, "Hopefully turning down this particular offer won't cause you to go and attack some other random Shinigami this time."

The shinigami offered a small shrug as the Arrancar would feel energy welling up behind him. And in front of him, "Though I suppose if this little bout is over and we're doing things just for show..."

Cole held his hands in front of him as if he was cupping water. The dust had settled where Cole's purposefully missed shots of lightning, fire, and frost had struck the ground, small runes showed themselves and began to suck in the moonlight of the desert landscape instead.

"Absorption."

The energy from the sigils jumped towards Cole's cupped hands, creating what appeared to be a tar-like substance. As soon as it formed, it began to disappear from his hands, and Nezuel would feel the pull from Cole's reiatsu-void become painfully strong. He gave a wolfish grin, and continued as if he hadn't done anything notable, "So. Anyway. I'm going to hop back over to Soul Society; here's what I'll do when I get back."

He felt the key in his pocket, the connection was still there, easy-peasy route home. He'd have other things to take care of, and he thought of what Vice Captain Muimina had accidentally revealed in his not-so-subtle subtext about a traitor. "I know some people who will be very interested that someone has been teaching Arrancar Shinigami spellcasting. These same people would also be the most likely to be willing to make petitions to leadership about taking your request seriously. It's your best bet if you want to get out of..."

Cole gestured to the barren desert around them, "And into the Gotei 13."

Player

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Aug 16, 2022 15:25:16 GMT -5

"I won't shinigami san" Nez would say in response to the shinigami's obvious joke.  They weren't friends as the shinigami had said but he still felt something akin to it.  Perhaps if his superiors lent him some amount of trust and allowed him to join then perhaps that word might be spoken between them.  Yet Nezuel was no fool, if he ever wore the black then most shinigami would simply see him still as an enemy.  Irisa, for how close they had gotten, would still purify him if there was a purpose to it.  He wouldn't be sad when news came that Cole had tried and failed...besides he'd look terrible in black.

Nez winced as the tar like substance that Cole had summoned drew on his riatsu.  The shinigami still had secrets, it seemed, as perhaps in time Nezuel would learn more of them.  It seemed likely that if Cole's question was rejected that he might be used to lure an arrancar, one of the Queen's elite, into a place where he might be ambushed.  Either way it was impossible to tell what would happen the next time they met.

Nez would think on his final words.  "In the meantime I will apply myself to studying more kido, its obvious I have alot to learn."  he would tilt his head to the side, noticing some of the wounds left on his body.  "Perhaps I'll look into some of the healing arts, then onto the higher levels of kido...those might be more my style"

He waved farewell at the shinigami as he left through his magics.  Calmly, he walked over to the nearby dune where he had sat moments before.  With a quick motion he used his blade and stuck it down before drawing it out of the sand.  Nezuel inspected the small lizard hollow on the blade, mouth opening as he took a bite out of it.  "Sorry little one...no witnesses."