Bleach Hereafter RPG

Monk Mirror Match! (vs Hibano)

PLAYER

I have nothing to say.

Hageshi Rekka Avatar

Hageshi Rekka

Post by Hageshi Rekka on Aug 18, 2022 5:42:59 GMT -5

If you met your friends after a decade, and found out one of them hadn't aged at all since the last time you saw them, how would you feel?

Scratch that. The players of a certain trading card game had been seeing a certain Hageshi Rekka regularly for more than ten years, and he still didn't look a day over 16! Well, these days he looked slightly more mature, but for the Western community of said game, it was yet another example of how Asians somehow looked much younger than their actual age.

Except Rekka wasn't actually Japanese, or even Asian. He was a being known as a Shinigami, from another realm called Soul Society, and his race could stay youthful for centuries on end. But of course, most people didn't know that, and even if he told them that he was a ghost from the afterlife they wouldn't take him seriously.

A ghost who protected the human realm from evil ghosts.

"Your karma is exonerated. Time to set your spirit free." Rekka declared as his Zanpakuto cleaved through a large, wyvern-like Hollow, which was promptly purified. He'd offered to pull double duty in both Europe and North America this tournament season so he could attend the games, which, fortunately were of extremely low priority in things the Gotei 13 wanted non-interference in. He wasn't even sure whether the older Shinigami even understood the concept.

"They sure like to swarm around here," he noted. "And why are so many European Hollows dragon-shaped?"

Hold up. He wasn't alone. There was an extremely strong Fullbringer here, easily on the level of a Vice-Captain. They didn't seem to be causing trouble, but were worth investigating nonetheless. So Rekka decided to approach the Reiatsu source, on guard but not overtly aggressive.

GAME MASTER

Wandenreich - Soldat

Memories broken, the truth goes unspoken...

Hibano Avatar

Hibano

Post by Hibano on Aug 19, 2022 3:54:50 GMT -5

Hibano

The metro car stopped, and a teen Fullbringer stepped out through the door alongside thousands of civilians. Having wandered through Germany for some time, Hibano began reaching out to the rest of Europe, searching for answers almost blindly. There was no point in asking mundane people about the Hogyoku, so he was betting on any beings from the spiritual world whom he could try to get any information from.

That hasn't really been working out so far, but Hibano was not going to give up anytime soon. Besides, he hardly has anything else on his plate aside from his duty.

Hibano set off as soon as he stepped out of the metro and into the streets, moving into less and less populated alleyways, until he finally slipped behind a corner, outside of anyone's view, and then immediately hopped up the walls to land on the rooftop. Traversing the city was going to be easier up here - most people are way, way too busy to keep track of what is happening on rooftops five stories above, so Hibano could easily leap past streets and go where he needs to go without attracting anyone's attention.

Suddenly, on the roof of a five story apartment building, the teen stopped in place. An another Reiatsu was rapidly approaching - it was a Shinigami, and quite powerful, too.

It's approaching me from... that way.

Hibano could already see a dot in the distance, swiftly coming closer.

"Uh..." he muttered to himself, unsure what to expect. Though the teen knew of Shinigami, he hadn't crossed any of their paths yet - and so, he wasn't sure why he was being approached. He hadn't done anything, right?
Last Edit: Aug 20, 2022 3:22:36 GMT -5 by Hibano

PLAYER

I have nothing to say.

Hageshi Rekka Avatar

Hageshi Rekka

Post by Hageshi Rekka on Aug 19, 2022 8:29:27 GMT -5

From his (rapidly approaching) spot in the crowd, Rekka could tell that the unknown Fullbringer, who seemed to be a casually-dressed young man, seemed to have noticed him as well and had stopped. Sensing that the Zanpakuto in his right hand, which had not yet been stowed after slaying the Hollow, could be making things more tense, the young Reaper sheathed it, knowing he could always draw his blade again later if the situation worsened.

"Yooo! Hello! I'm coming over, so stay right there, okay?" Rekka called in a friendly tone while waving one hand in the air. He would then use a burst of Shunpo to close the gap between them, stopping about half a meter in front of the Fullbringer boy. "I'm Rekka, and welcome to, uh, Antwerp!"

Picking up on the youth's uncertainty, Rekka decided to break the ice a bit. "No need to worry, you haven't done anything wrong yet, but if you wanna stay out of both sight and traffic, avoid jumping on the tourist attractions like the churches and the castle. Besides, those cathedral roofs have very little in the way of traction, and if you step wrong you'll end up impaled on the spires which I assume ya don't want. Unless of course you're actually here for the tour."

"No, you're probably not," he continued, noting the Asauchi hanging from the young man's belt. "For a Fullbringer to have a Shinigami's Zanpakuto, even an Asauchi, as a main weapon means you're no ordinary Fullbringer. While I don't think you killed anyone to get that blade, I can tell you have no idea how weird it is for a mortal to possess one. In fact..."

"I think you're looking for answers to something, and I have at least some of those answers. But meeting ya here has raised a bunch of questions too. Tell ya what, I'll answer as much of your questions as possible, if you can show me how you use that sword of yours."

6_8eWUTc1d100

1d100

GAME MASTER

Wandenreich - Soldat

Hibano Avatar

Hibano

Post by Hibano on Aug 20, 2022 3:51:53 GMT -5

Hibano

The first meeting with this Shinigami turned out... odd. Right as he hopped down from the sky, he introduced himself as Rekka and began explaining things one after the other. First, instructing Hibano on how to travel on the rooftops of the city and avoid the spires of the cathedrals, which briefly took the Fullbringer aback - why would the first instinct of a Shinigami be safe travel..?

Thankfully, this Rekka guy wasn't here just to mess with Hibano - suddenly, he witnessed the Asauchi attached to his belt, and explained that, for some reason, him having this weapon was extremely rare. Certain that the Fullbringer had a lot of questions, he then followed with a challenge for a duel, and offered answers in exchange.

"Wait, wait, slow down," finally finding a brief break to speak, Hibano immediately exclaimed, holding up his hands defensively. "Slow down a little, please! I'm still processing everything, and you're dumping five questions at once on me." Well, five statements at least. The teen sighed, lowered his hands, and answered:

"I'm... not sure where you're getting half of this. This sword was passed down to me by my family, and it's sentimental, yeah, but it doesn't have anything special about it... And I'm not sure if you can really offer me much help."

Slowly, however, he reached towards the grip of his Asauchi with his hand. "I suppose I can spar with you if you want it, though. If... you're sure about this."

---

Hibano surrenders his initiative roll and allows Rekka to go first.

PLAYER

I have nothing to say.

Hageshi Rekka Avatar

Hageshi Rekka

Post by Hageshi Rekka on Aug 20, 2022 8:13:42 GMT -5

"Wait, wait, slow down. Slow down a little, please! I'm still processing everything, and you're dumping five questions at once on me."

If anything, the young Fullbringer seemed to be even more confused by Rekka's statements, causing the Shinigami to pause abruptly and exhale. "Sorry 'bout that. I'll give ya a few seconds to catch your breath."

"I'm... not sure where you're getting half of this. This sword was passed down to me by my family, and it's sentimental, yeah, but it doesn't have anything special about it... And I'm not sure if you can really offer me much help."

"Huh?" Rekka was taken aback at such a claim. "I'm a Shinigami, so take it from me. An unbonded Asauchi doesn't grow on trees, and it's far too brand new to have been passed down for any length of time. Allow me to explain; I'll take it slow so you can keep up."

"What you have is a Zanpakuto, a Shinigami's main weapon which allows us to purify Hollows. Each Zanpakuto has a spirit living inside, which is the source of all Shinigami release abilities. The spirit gains these powers when its wielder spends time bonding with it and imprinting their soul on it, which causes the sword to change shape. Look at my Enmado here," Rekka pointed to his own sheathed Zanpakuto and how it differed from Hibano's own sword. "Your sword is a standard issue nameless Zanpakuto called an Asauchi, and it hasn't even the slightest imprint of a Shinigami. Also, it's very hard for literally one of our most prized possessions to somehow end up on Earth." 

After he finished his explanation, the young Reaper activated his Diviner powers on a hunch, looking for Hibano amidst the parallel timelines. Finding something very strange, he muttered to himself. "So that's how things are. Now how to deal with it..."

"I suppose I can spar with you if you want it, though. If... you're sure about this."

Ah.

Rekka pulled out a Mind Crush trap card from his pocket, showing it to the Fullbringer in a flashy pose. "Your family would definitely have given you your sword on a special occasion, especially one as rare as that. Now, try to remember that event. Recall who gave it to you, when and where, and the story of how your family somehow got hold of a Shinigami's most valuable weapon. Think as hard as you can!"

COMBAT TRACKER
SUMMARY
Put a summary here.
Rekka uses Tsukiyubi!
Rekka uses Shimoku and selects Burn!
Rekka uses Strike!
Rekka uses Strike!

At-Will: Tsukiyubi +20 acc, +2 dmg tier to strikes (-10 reishi)

Bonus Action: Emotional Damage! (Shimoku) | -10 reishi cost

Standard Action: Emotional Damage! (Strike) - Effects | -0 reishi cost
Acc - cqlMq6UX1d100+80
Dmg - 2d12
Status Chance (Stun) (30%) - 1d100
Status Chance (Burn) (50%) - 1d100

Standard Action: Emotional Damage! (Strike) - Effects | -0 reishi cost
Acc - 1d100+80
Dmg - 2d12

ACTIVE EFFECTS

Hibano has EDGE 2 against Rekka!
Rekka is Tempered! Release 1 Derp
Shimoku: 1/5 turns

CLASS

FLAWLESS STRIKES
Each time one of your Strike Basic Attacks hit, increase the Accuracy and Damage Tier of further Strike Basic Attacks used on subsequent turns. Accuracy is increased by +5 (up to a max of +20). Damage Tier is increased by +1 (up to a max of +4). Both bonuses are reduced to normal (+0) on the turn following a successful crit roll.

INTENSE TRAINING
You start with the Enhanced Strike Basic Attack. As a passive effect your Enhanced Basic Attacks have a 30% chance to inflict the Stun status. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%.

PERFECT FORM
All of your Basic Strikes, Advanced Zanjutsu, and Advanced Hakuda Attack Techniques are perfected. Perfected techniques gain +10 Accuracy, +1 Damage Tier. Advanced Zanjutsu and Hakuda Techniques gain +1 extra use per battle. Does not apply to Shunko.

BATTLE FORGED
You gain the Advanced Hakuda Technique Shunko and it doesn’t take up a Forbidden Tech Slot or require a Focus skill of 45. The duration is also increased by 2 turns and it costs -10 less Reishi.

TRAITS

BLITZ
Prerequisite: Fighting Skill of 45
Activate: At-Will
Effect: As an at-will action you can make two Basic Attacks during one of your Standard Actions on your turn.
Limit: [3/3]

BLUR
Prerequisite: Reflexes Skill of 35
Activate: None (Passive)
Effect: As a passive effect you can use one Movement Tech as an at-will action on your turn.
Limit: [4/4]

HASTE
Prerequisite: Reflexes Skill of 50
Activate: Reactive At-Will
Effect: When you activate Haste, you gain 1 additional Bonus Action on your turn.

TALENTED
Prerequisite: None
Effect: As an at-will action choose one Non-Forbidden Tech or Spell you've learned. You gain an extra use of it and it doesn't count against any other kinds of usage limits imposed upon it. Cannot be used on Release Techs. You cannot use Talented on a technique that already has bonus uses provided by a Class Perk or other ability such as Strategist's Prepared or Shadow's Honed Senses. You can only use Talented on a technique which hasn't been given an extra use by any other means.
Limit: [1/1]

TEMPERED
Effect: Your 1st Release Stage is always active, meaning it is a passive activation and you bypass the minimum post prerequisite that prevents you from using it at the beginning of the thread. You are still prevented from using your 2nd or Final Releases until the minimum post count has been met.
Limit: Indefinite

ALACRITY (Racial)
Effect: As a passive effect you have +10 to defense while above half max HP.

TECHNIQUES AND SPELLS

BAKUDŌ #44: SEKISHO (BARRIER)
You create a fast-forming energy wall against fairly strong attacks.
Type: Defense
Activate: Bonus Action - Reactive
Effect: You gain 30 Armor and are immune to non-special status effects inflicted by attacks.
Duration: Until the 30 Armor is gone.
Cost: 10 Reishi

UTSUSEMI (CICADA SHELL)
You move at great speed to avoid an attack, leaving an afterimage which can appear to have taken damage.
Action: Bonus Action - Reactive
Effect: As a bonus action, you avoid two non-critical attacks that would have hit you during your turn. Considered a Movement Technique.

SPEED CLONES
You create several clones of yourself at once using Shunpo. The clones absorb incoming damage while you escape.
Effect: As a bonus action, you avoid all direct damage that would have been dealt to you during your turn. Considered a Movement Technique.
Cost: 5 Reishi
Limit: [2/2]

BAKUDŌ #12: YŪGURE NO MANTO (DUSK CLOAK)
You form a shroud around you that softens impacts and protects against harmful Kido.
Activate: At-Will - Reactive
Effect: As an at-will action you are immune to newly applied non-special status effects and negate the damage bonus from critical hits during your turn. Does not remove status effects you have been previously afflicted with.

REIRYOKU ABSORPTION
You absorb spirit particles from foes that are attacking you, using it to replenish your own Reishi.
Type: Utility
Effect: As an at-will action, choose two attacks that hit you during your turn. Siphon 3 Reishi from the attacker per damage die rolled on each attack.
Cost: None

SHUN SHUN RIKKIA (SIX FLOWERS OF THE HIBISCUS SHIELD)
You form weapons or constructs of raw spiritual power that help you fight in various ways.
Activate: Bonus Action to create constructs. At-will to use them.
Effect: As a bonus action you create 6 constructs. As an at-will action you can activate a max of 2 constructs to add one d6 as a bonus damage die to at least 2 Basic Attacks during your turn. Alternatively, as a reactive at-will action you can sacrifice constructs to negate damage from attacks that hit you during your turn. Each construct spent on an individual attack negates 3 damage, to a max of 12.
Limit: Twice per battle you may create 6 constructs / 2 constructs used for offense per turn.

TSUKIYUBI (THRUST FINGERS)
A technique that allows the user to greatly increase the damage of normally weak attacks.
Effect: As an at-will action all of your basic strikes this turn gain +20 to accuracy and upgrade their Damage Tier by +2.
Limit: [1/2]

BAKUDŌ #14: SHIMOKU (PURPLE TREE)
Your hands are covered in purple Reishi. Your very touch desecrates with insipid poison and virulent decay.
Action: Bonus Action
Effect: As a bonus action all Basic Attacks you use have a 50% chance to inflict your choice of Wound, Burn, or Poison status for the duration. You must designate which status at the beginning of combat. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%.
Duration: 5 turns.
Limit: [0/1]

SHUNKŌ (FLASH WAR CRY) (Monk)
An advanced battle technique which combines the physical techniques of Hakuda with the spell-based techniques of Kidō.
Type: Utility (Considered a Forbidden Technique)
Requirement: Focus Skill of 45
Effect: As a bonus action you activate Shunkō. For the duration only, increase your Accuracy with Strikes on this turn by +15, increase your damage tier with Strikes by 2, increase your Base RL by 50%, and increase your DR by 6. On the turn after the end of the duration, you will be temporarily Exhausted for 1 turn.
Duration: 6 Turns
Cost: 15 Reishi
Limit: Once per battle. Cannot be used alongside the Hollow Mask or Soul Trigger techniques.

KAZAGURUMA (WINDMILL)
You jump into the air and perform a devastating kick which sends the target flying away with tremendous force.
Type: Attack - Single
Action: Standard
Effect: As a standard action, you make a single attack with 3 dmg dice that deals the Bashing major effect and Stagger minor effect. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%.
Special Effect: For an extra cost of 10 Reishi you can add the Stun minor effect and it lasts one extra turn.

KAGAMIBIRAKI (MIRROR OPENING)
After puncturing their target with the tips of their fingers, the practitioner rips their opponent in half through sheer physical strength.
Effect: As a standard action, you make a single attack with 3 dmg dice that only deals the Slashing major effect.
Special Effect: This attack always applies bonus damage as if it were a critical hit. If you roll a critical hit, then you double the normal bonus damage.

RAIŌKEN (THUNDER KING FIST)
You perform a series of ultra-high-speed punches with both arms that are devastating and have enough power to destroy the surrounding area.
Type: Attack - Barrage
Effect: As a standard action, you make a barrage attack with 4 dmg dice that deals the Overwhelm major effect.
Special Effect: Treat this Barrage like an area attack that also deals the Spread major effect.
Cost: 20 Reishi

BAKUDŌ #40: GOYŌGAI (FIVE SUPPORT COVER)
This spell creates a pentagonal barrier that is used for stabilization of any ailment, allowing you to continue fighting unhampered.
Activate: Bonus Action
Effect: As a bonus action remove all status effects (non-special.) Can be used on self or a comrade.
Limit: Once per target.

RELEASE

TIME SHIFT
You temporarily slow the passage of time to give yourself an advantage in combat.
Effects: As an at-will action you gain either an additional standard action or an additional bonus action on your turn. Max of one extra Standard Action per turn can be gained via Time Shift or Clone.

MULTI-ARMS
Your release gives you extra appendages to assist you in combat.
Action: At-Will
Requirements: Requires Fighting skill of 35.
Effect: As an at-will action you can use 1 Bonus Action on your turn to make a Basic Attack. Also all Basic Attacks on your turn roll 1 extra damage dice.
Stage 2: Can now use 4 times in battle.
Stage 3: Gain Stage 2 upgrade and only costs 15 Reishi.

EFFICIENT
Effect: As a passive effect, your 1st Release now costs -1 less Reishi to maintain.
Limit: Indefinite.
Stage 2: Your 2nd Release now costs -2 less Reishi.
Stage 3: Your 3rd Release now costs -3 less Reishi.

DEADLY
Effect: As a passive effect you gain a bonus +5 to accuracy with 2 Basic Attacks, per turn, while in a Released state.
Stage 2: Accuracy bonus increases to +10.
Stage 3: Accuracy bonus increases to +15.

REIATSU: 232,000 (464,000)
HP: 75/75 | REISHI: 180/200 | DEF: 100 (115) | DMG DIE: d9 (d12) | ACC: +50 (+60)(+80)

1d100+80·2d12·1d100·1d100·1d100+80·2d12·1d100·1d100
Last Edit: Aug 21, 2022 22:27:36 GMT -5 by Hageshi Rekka

GAME MASTER

Wandenreich - Soldat

Hibano Avatar

Hibano

Post by Hibano on Aug 20, 2022 14:10:26 GMT -5

Hibano

Rekka was not convinced by Hibano's defense - he was certain that the weapon attached to his belt was a Zanpakuto, the same type of entity that he was wielding himself, even though, as the Shinigami remarked himself, they were visibly very different. The Asauchi Hibano had was, supposedly, very recent as well, not the supposed heirloom that he had inherited.

How could he even know? The only proof he addressed for its youth was that it hadn't been even touched by a Shinigami before, and that it was extremely rare for such blank slate weapon to appear on Earth, in the hands of Fullbringers, which... didn't convince the teen that much.

"Well, maybe this sword has a special backstory that kept it out of your reach for as long as it's existed, then."

Hibano detached the sword from his belt, holding it in his hand while it was still sheathed in a simple leather scabbard. Something in Rekka's mind must have ticked, because his demeanor suddenly changed, and he began prying deeper and deeper into the story behind Hibano's weapon, demanding him to explain how he had acquired it in detail, what that special occasion was like. At the same time, he flashed some sort of card - which, though briefly getting the teen on guard, didn't seem to hit him with any damage.

"...we're sparring now, right?" Hibano blurbed, just in case Rekka was not yet ready to begin - then, suddenly sent a swift jab right at the Shinigami's shoulders. First, the right, then - the left. It was intended as a stunning technique, which, if successful, could paralyze an opponent's movements easily.

"Why should I trust you?" he continued. "You're asking things about my private life. My family. Even though we've met each other, quite literally, minutes ago."

Hibano followed the opening jab with several blunt blows from his sheathed weapon - striking with the grip and the scabbard, aiming to push Rekka back.

HIBANO
DEFENSIVE PHASE
Edge II on Rekka: +10 defense, +10 accuracy, +2 Damage and 2 DR
Rekka's Strike I - vs 125 def - hits for 2 damage.
Rekka's Strike II - vs 125 def - miss.

Total damage (2) reduced to 0 by Damage Reduction!

Bonus Action: Stun Strike (Hakufuku), -5 Reishi
Need to roll 80 or less to inflict Stagger - _elfeInB1d100
If landed, deals 3d6 direct damage.

Standard Action: Blunt Strike (Enhanced Strike)
Modified by: Intense Training (+30% Stun chance), Perfect Form (+10 acc/+1 dmg tier), Edge (+10 acc/+2 dmg)

Accuracy - 1d100+65
Damage - 2d11+2
Stun (Need 30 or less) - 1d100

Modified by: Intense Training (+30% Stun chance), Perfect Form (+10 acc/+1 dmg tier), Edge (+20 acc/+6 dmg)

Accuracy - 1d100+65
Damage - 2d11+2

ACTIVE EFFECTS
First Release (Tempered): x2 RL per turn, 2 Reishi per turn, Basics Crit on 85+, +5 Reflex.

Flawless Strikes: 0 stacks.

CLASS
Fighter
- Flawless Strikes: Each time one of your Strike Basic Attacks hit, increase the Accuracy and Damage Tier of further Strike Basic Attacks used on subsequent turns. Accuracy is increased by +5 (up to a max of +20). Damage Tier is increased by +1 (up to a max of +4). Both bonuses are reduced to normal (+0) on the turn following a successful crit roll.
- Intense Training: You start with the Enhanced Strike Basic Attack. As a passive effect your Enhanced Basic Attacks have a 30% chance to inflict the Stun status.
Monk
- Perfect Form: All of your Basic Strikes, Advanced Zanjutsu, and Advanced Hakuda Attack Techniques are perfected. Perfected techniques gain +10 Accuracy, +1 Damage Tier. Advanced Zanjutsu and Hakuda Techniques gain +1 extra use per battle.
- Battle Forged: You gain the Advanced Hakuda Technique Shunko and it doesn’t take up a Forbidden Tech Slot or require a Focus skill of 45. The duration is also increased by 2 turns and it costs -10 less Reishi.

TRAITS

Talented: As an at-will action choose one Non-Forbidden Tech or Spell you've learned. You gain an extra use of it and it doesn't count against any other kinds of usage limits imposed upon it.
(0/1)
Blitz: As an at-will action you can make two Basic Attacks during one of your Standard Actions on your turn.
(0/3)
Alacrity: As a passive effect you have +10 to defense while above half max HP.
Blur: As a passive effect you can use one Movement Tech as an at-will action on your turn.
(0/4)
Haste: When you activate Haste, you gain 1 additional Bonus Action on your turn.
(0/3)
Tempered: Your 1st Release Stage is always active, meaning it is a passive activation and you bypass the minimum post prerequisite that prevents you from using it at the beginning of the thread.

TECHNIQUES
Enhanced Basic
Strike - Upgrades to two damage dice.

Defensive
Speed Clones - As a bonus action, you avoid all direct damage that would have been dealt to you during your turn. Considered a Movement Technique. -5 Reishi
(0/2)
Pesquisa - As a bonus action you gain +15 bonus defense for 3 turns. -10 Reishi
(0/1)
Bakudo #12: Yugure no Manto - As an at-will action you are immune to newly applied non-special status effects and negate the damage bonus from critical hits during your turn. Does not remove status effects you have been previously afflicted with. -5 Reishi
(0/2)
Bakudo #21: Sekienton - As a bonus action you avoid damage from all natural damage dice that roll a certain number or lower during your turn. For basic attacks, 8 or lower. For non-basic attacks, 10 or lower. -10 Reishi
(0/1)

Utility
Puppet Theater - As a bonus action you have a 60% chance to inflict the special Manipulated status on your target. The user declares a Standard or Advanced technique/spell (excluding any Forbidden or Release techs/spells) that the target knows and takes no more than a standard or bonus action to use. The target is then forced to use this technique/spell on their next turn. -10 Reishi
(0/1)
Tsukiyubi - As an at-will action all of your basic strikes this turn gain +20 to accuracy and upgrade their Damage Tier by +2. -10 Reishi
(0/2)
Bakudo #22: Hakufuku - As a bonus action you have a 80% chance to inflict the Stagger status on your target and upon infliction it deals a 3d6 worth of direct damage. -5 Reishi
(1/2)
Bakudo #9: Geki - As a bonus action you have a 70% chance to inflict the special Enthralled status on your target. Enthralled targets have one of their Standard Actions reduced to a Bonus Action for the duration. -5 Reishi
(0/2)

Advanced
Matter Soul Manipulation - As a bonus action, you choose one of the following soul manipulations. You can only use one per battle. See list in Advanced Techs section. -25 Reishi
(0/1)
Mirror Opening - As a standard action, you make a single attack with 3 dmg dice that only deals the Slashing major effect. This attack always applies bonus damage as if it were a critical hit. If you roll a critical hit, then you double the normal bonus damage. -15 Reishi
(0/2)
Bakudo #40: Goyogai - As a bonus action, remove all status effects (non-special.) Can be used on self or a comrade. -15 Reishi
(0/1)
Soul Recharge - As a bonus action you leech half of the Reishi that your opponent spent on two of their attacks. You can then either keep that Reishi or add bonus damage to a single type attack equal to the amount of Reishi you previously leeched. You must use that leeched Reishi in the turn this is activated whether it is added to an attack or kept to replenish your own. You also have a 50% chance to inflict the special status effect Sapped that leeches 10 extra Reishi. Sapped also reduces max Reishi by 15.
(0/1)

Forbidden
Shunko - As a bonus action you activate Shunkō. For 6 turns, increase your Accuracy with Strikes on this turn by +15, increase your damage tier with Strikes by 2, increase your Base RL by 50%, and increase your DR by 6., -10 Reishi
(0/1)
Bakudo #81: Danku - As a bonus action, you conjure this protective wall and avoid all attacks targeting you this turn, even critical hits. Cannot be used against Hadō spells higher than #88., -25 Reishi
(0/1)

RELEASE

Amplified Trait
Reflex
+5 at First Release
+10 at Second Release

Enhancements:
- Meticulous (First Release): As a passive effect your Basic Attacks score a critical hit on a natural 85 or higher while in a Released State.
- Desolation (Second Release): As a passive effect your Basic Attacks deal an extra +10 bonus damage when you score a critical hit in a Released state.

Techniques:

1st Release:
- Turning Swallow Cut, Barrage/Slashing, -25 Reishi (Unlimited)
- Multi-Arms, As an at-will action you can use 1 Bonus Action on your turn to make a Basic Attack. Also all Basic Attacks on your turn roll 1 extra damage dice., -20 Reishi (0/3)
2nd Release:
- Time Shift, As an at-will action you gain either an additional standard action or an additional bonus action on your turn., -20 Reishi (0/3)

REIATSU: 500,000 -> 1,000,000
HP: 75/75 | REISHI: 193/200 | DEF: 115 (100) | DMG DIE: d10 | ACC: +45
1d100·3d6·1d100+65·2d11+2·1d100·1d100+65·2d11+2·1d100

PLAYER

I have nothing to say.

Hageshi Rekka Avatar

Hageshi Rekka

Post by Hageshi Rekka on Aug 20, 2022 20:31:38 GMT -5

"Man, what a sad roll on my part..." The Shinigami Diviner's attempts at a mental attack had failed miserably, and now the youth was jabbing at him in earnest, at least within the bounds of a spar.

"...we're sparring now, right?"

"The spar began the moment I asked you that question," said Rekka, already dodging the strikes aimed at his shoulders. But the Fullbringer was fast, and even avoiding the hits left the Soul Reaper to deal with the accompanying spiritual pressure.

"Why should I trust you? You're asking things about my private life. My family. Even though we've met each other, quite literally, minutes ago."

"Because I trust you," answered Rekka. "I have the feeling you're looking for the same thing Senpai and I are, and I think your heart is good enough to deserve it."

"I'm no ordinary Shinigami in the sense that besides the highest ranking ones I also know about this item, a powerful artifact that has enough Reishi to perform almost any task one requests of it. Senpai wants to use it to bring peace and prosperity to all the realms, and I feel you'd do something similar."

Hibano would then strike repeatedly with the grip and scabbard of his still-sheathed Asauchi, which Rekka would parry using rapid Hakuda blocks, while using the momentum to recharge his strength. The scarlet-eyed man would then return the attacks in kind, striking with his palms and fists.

"Take four," Rekka muttered to himself. "Either my ability is malfunctioning, or someone's playing a very dangerous game with you. I can't make heads or tails of you, and whenever I try to look I keep seeing either just alternate versions of the same encounter, or a woman who looks like she could be your older sister, but holding a baby. And in some timelines where I encounter you here, I've already fought the woman, and so you try to kill me."

COMBAT TRACKER
SUMMARY
Put a summary here.
Hibano uses a successful Hakufuku! Stagger inflicted!
Rekka uses Blur + Speed Clones to avoid direct damage
Hibano hits twice for 12 + 13 damage!
Rekka uses Reiryoku Absorption to siphon 12 Reishi!
Rekka uses Barrier!
Rekka uses Strike!
Rekka uses Strike!

At-Will: Blur into Speed Clones (-5 reishi)

At-Will: Reiryoku Absorption (+12 reishi)

Bonus Action: Barrier (+30 Armor) | -10 reishi cost

Standard Action: (Strike) - Effects | -10 reishi cost
Acc - 9RfztTRA1d100+65
Dmg - 2d11

Acc - 1d100+65
Dmg - 2d11

ACTIVE EFFECTS

Shimoku: 2/5 turns
Stagger: 1/1 turns
Barrier: 5/30 armor
Flawless Strikes: 1/4

CLASS

FLAWLESS STRIKES
Each time one of your Strike Basic Attacks hit, increase the Accuracy and Damage Tier of further Strike Basic Attacks used on subsequent turns. Accuracy is increased by +5 (up to a max of +20). Damage Tier is increased by +1 (up to a max of +4). Both bonuses are reduced to normal (+0) on the turn following a successful crit roll.

INTENSE TRAINING
You start with the Enhanced Strike Basic Attack. As a passive effect your Enhanced Basic Attacks have a 30% chance to inflict the Stun status. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%.

PERFECT FORM
All of your Basic Strikes, Advanced Zanjutsu, and Advanced Hakuda Attack Techniques are perfected. Perfected techniques gain +10 Accuracy, +1 Damage Tier. Advanced Zanjutsu and Hakuda Techniques gain +1 extra use per battle. Does not apply to Shunko.

BATTLE FORGED
You gain the Advanced Hakuda Technique Shunko and it doesn’t take up a Forbidden Tech Slot or require a Focus skill of 45. The duration is also increased by 2 turns and it costs -10 less Reishi.

TRAITS

BLITZ
Effect: As an at-will action you can make two Basic Attacks during one of your Standard Actions on your turn.

BLUR
Effect: As a passive effect you can use one Movement Tech as an at-will action on your turn.
Limit: [3/4]

HASTE
Effect: When you activate Haste, you gain 1 additional Bonus Action on your turn.

TALENTED
Effect: As an at-will action choose one Non-Forbidden Tech or Spell you've learned. You gain an extra use of it and it doesn't count against any other kinds of usage limits imposed upon it. Cannot be used on Release Techs. You cannot use Talented on a technique that already has bonus uses provided by a Class Perk or other ability such as Strategist's Prepared or Shadow's Honed Senses. You can only use Talented on a technique which hasn't been given an extra use by any other means.

TEMPERED
Effect: Your 1st Release Stage is always active, meaning it is a passive activation and you bypass the minimum post prerequisite that prevents you from using it at the beginning of the thread. You are still prevented from using your 2nd or Final Releases until the minimum post count has been met.

ALACRITY (Racial)

TECHNIQUES AND SPELLS

Effect: You gain 30 Armor and are immune to non-special status effects inflicted by attacks.

UTSUSEMI (CICADA SHELL)
You move at great speed to avoid an attack, leaving an afterimage which can appear to have taken damage.
Effect: As a bonus action, you avoid two non-critical attacks that would have hit you during your turn. Considered a Movement Technique.

SPEED CLONES
You create several clones of yourself at once using Shunpo. The clones absorb incoming damage while you escape.
Effect: As a bonus action, you avoid all direct damage that would have been dealt to you during your turn. Considered a Movement Technique.

You form a shroud around you that softens impacts and protects against harmful Kido.
Effect: As an at-will action you are immune to newly applied non-special status effects and negate the damage bonus from critical hits during your turn. Does not remove status effects you have been previously afflicted with.

REIRYOKU ABSORPTION
You absorb spirit particles from foes that are attacking you, using it to replenish your own Reishi.
Effect: As an at-will action, choose two attacks that hit you during your turn. Siphon 3 Reishi from the attacker per damage die rolled on each attack.
Limit: [2/3]

You form weapons or constructs of raw spiritual power that help you fight in various ways.
Effect: As a bonus action you create 6 constructs. As an at-will action you can activate a max of 2 constructs to add one d6 as a bonus damage die to at least 2 Basic Attacks during your turn. Alternatively, as a reactive at-will action you can sacrifice constructs to negate damage from attacks that hit you during your turn. Each construct spent on an individual attack negates 3 damage, to a max of 12.
Limit: Twice per battle you may create 6 constructs / 2 constructs used for offense per turn.

A technique that allows the user to greatly increase the damage of normally weak attacks.
Effect: As an at-will action all of your basic strikes this turn gain +20 to accuracy and upgrade their Damage Tier by +2.

Your hands are covered in purple Reishi. Your very touch desecrates with insipid poison and virulent decay.
Effect: As a bonus action all Basic Attacks you use have a 50% chance to inflict your choice of Wound, Burn, or Poison status for the duration. You must designate which status at the beginning of combat. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%.

An advanced battle technique which combines the physical techniques of Hakuda with the spell-based techniques of Kidō.
Effect: As a bonus action you activate Shunkō. For the duration only, increase your Accuracy with Strikes on this turn by +15, increase your damage tier with Strikes by 2, increase your Base RL by 50%, and increase your DR by 6. On the turn after the end of the duration, you will be temporarily Exhausted for 1 turn.
Limit: Once per battle. Cannot be used alongside the Hollow Mask or Soul Trigger techniques.

KAZAGURUMA (WINDMILL)
You jump into the air and perform a devastating kick which sends the target flying away with tremendous force.
Effect: As a standard action, you make a single attack with 3 dmg dice that deals the Bashing major effect and Stagger minor effect. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%.
Special Effect: For an extra cost of 10 Reishi you can add the Stun minor effect and it lasts one extra turn.

After puncturing their target with the tips of their fingers, the practitioner rips their opponent in half through sheer physical strength.
Effect: As a standard action, you make a single attack with 3 dmg dice that only deals the Slashing major effect.
Special Effect: This attack always applies bonus damage as if it were a critical hit. If you roll a critical hit, then you double the normal bonus damage.

You perform a series of ultra-high-speed punches with both arms that are devastating and have enough power to destroy the surrounding area.
Effect: As a standard action, you make a barrage attack with 4 dmg dice that deals the Overwhelm major effect.
Special Effect: Treat this Barrage like an area attack that also deals the Spread major effect.

This spell creates a pentagonal barrier that is used for stabilization of any ailment, allowing you to continue fighting unhampered.
Effect: As a bonus action remove all status effects (non-special.) Can be used on self or a comrade.

RELEASE

TIME SHIFT
You temporarily slow the passage of time to give yourself an advantage in combat.
Effects: As an at-will action you gain either an additional standard action or an additional bonus action on your turn. Max of one extra Standard Action per turn can be gained via Time Shift or Clone.

MULTI-ARMS
Effect: As an at-will action you can use 1 Bonus Action on your turn to make a Basic Attack. Also all Basic Attacks on your turn roll 1 extra damage dice.

EFFICIENT
Effect: As a passive effect, your 1st Release now costs -1 less Reishi to maintain.
Stage 2: Your 2nd Release now costs -2 less Reishi.
Stage 3: Your 3rd Release now costs -3 less Reishi.

DEADLY
Effect: As a passive effect you gain a bonus +5 to accuracy with 2 Basic Attacks, per turn, while in a Released state.
Stage 2: Accuracy bonus increases to +10.
Stage 3: Accuracy bonus increases to +15.

HP: 75/75 | REISHI: 167/200 | DEF: 100 (115) | DMG DIE: d9 (d11) | ACC: +50 (+65)
1d100+65·2d11·1d100·1d100·1d100+65·2d11·1d100·1d100
Last Edit: Aug 21, 2022 22:25:58 GMT -5 by Hageshi Rekka

GAME MASTER

Wandenreich - Soldat

Hibano Avatar

Hibano

Post by Hibano on Aug 22, 2022 8:39:07 GMT -5

Hibano

Hibano's physical offensive battered him, but Rekka was quick to respond, opening with his own barrage of fists. The Fullbringer, however, was able to track them, and, moving faster than the untrained eye could register, weaved out of the way of each of the blows. The spar had barely begun, and he was already starting to get a sense of the Shinigami's movements.

Rekka, meanwhile, continued to speak, and his comments varied from shocking notes about a powerful artifact which his master is searching for to bring peace and prosperity to the universe, to nonsense about "alternate timelines" and being confused by alternate versions of him. Hibano wasn't even sure how to address that part.

"...Artifact?" the Fullbringer answered, confused, as he caught one of Rekka's fists - then, he would attempt to toss the Shinigami over his shoulder and strike him in the air, again with the blunt side of his weapon. "What kind of artifact? And how do you know that I am searching for one? Are you... reading my mind? Stalking me, or something?"

He swiftly moved to a defensive stance. "I don't know what you're implying with those "alternate timelines", but, yeah, that sounds like malfunctioning powers to me. That doesn't sound like it's related to me."

HIBANO
DEFENSIVE PHASE
Edge II on Rekka: +10 defense, +10 accuracy, +2 Damage and 2 DR
Rekka's Strike I - vs 125 def - miss.
Rekka's Strike II - vs 125 def - miss.

Gain 2 stacks of Flawless Strikes!
12 Reishi lost to Reiryoku Absorption!

Bonus Action: Prodigal Reflexes (Pesquisa - As a bonus action you gain +15 bonus defense for 3 turns.), -10 Reishi

Modified by: Intense Training (+30% Stun chance), Perfect Form (+10 acc/+1 dmg tier), Edge (+10 acc/+2 dmg), Flawless Strikes (+10 acc/+2 dmg tier)

Accuracy - LcilaIuM1d100+75
Damage - 2d13+2

Modified by: Intense Training (+30% Stun chance), Perfect Form (+10 acc/+1 dmg tier), Edge (+10 acc/+2 dmg), Flawless Strikes (+10 acc/+2 dmg tier)

Accuracy - 1d100+75
Damage - 2d13+2

ACTIVE EFFECTS
First Release (Tempered): x2 RL per turn, 2 Reishi per turn, Basics Crit on 85+, +5 Reflex.

Flawless Strikes: 2 stacks.

CLASS
Fighter
- Flawless Strikes: Each time one of your Strike Basic Attacks hit, increase the Accuracy and Damage Tier of further Strike Basic Attacks used on subsequent turns. Accuracy is increased by +5 (up to a max of +20). Damage Tier is increased by +1 (up to a max of +4). Both bonuses are reduced to normal (+0) on the turn following a successful crit roll.
- Intense Training: You start with the Enhanced Strike Basic Attack. As a passive effect your Enhanced Basic Attacks have a 30% chance to inflict the Stun status.
Monk
- Perfect Form: All of your Basic Strikes, Advanced Zanjutsu, and Advanced Hakuda Attack Techniques are perfected. Perfected techniques gain +10 Accuracy, +1 Damage Tier. Advanced Zanjutsu and Hakuda Techniques gain +1 extra use per battle.
- Battle Forged: You gain the Advanced Hakuda Technique Shunko and it doesn’t take up a Forbidden Tech Slot or require a Focus skill of 45. The duration is also increased by 2 turns and it costs -10 less Reishi.

TRAITS

Talented: As an at-will action choose one Non-Forbidden Tech or Spell you've learned. You gain an extra use of it and it doesn't count against any other kinds of usage limits imposed upon it.
(0/1)
Blitz: As an at-will action you can make two Basic Attacks during one of your Standard Actions on your turn.
(0/3)
Blur: As a passive effect you can use one Movement Tech as an at-will action on your turn.
(0/4)
Haste: When you activate Haste, you gain 1 additional Bonus Action on your turn.
(0/3)
Tempered: Your 1st Release Stage is always active, meaning it is a passive activation and you bypass the minimum post prerequisite that prevents you from using it at the beginning of the thread.

TECHNIQUES
Enhanced Basic

Defensive
Speed Clones - As a bonus action, you avoid all direct damage that would have been dealt to you during your turn. Considered a Movement Technique. -5 Reishi
(0/2)
(1/1)
Bakudo #12: Yugure no Manto - As an at-will action you are immune to newly applied non-special status effects and negate the damage bonus from critical hits during your turn. Does not remove status effects you have been previously afflicted with. -5 Reishi
(0/2)
Bakudo #21: Sekienton - As a bonus action you avoid damage from all natural damage dice that roll a certain number or lower during your turn. For basic attacks, 8 or lower. For non-basic attacks, 10 or lower. -10 Reishi
(0/1)

Utility
Puppet Theater - As a bonus action you have a 60% chance to inflict the special Manipulated status on your target. The user declares a Standard or Advanced technique/spell (excluding any Forbidden or Release techs/spells) that the target knows and takes no more than a standard or bonus action to use. The target is then forced to use this technique/spell on their next turn. -10 Reishi
(0/1)
Tsukiyubi - As an at-will action all of your basic strikes this turn gain +20 to accuracy and upgrade their Damage Tier by +2. -10 Reishi
(0/2)
Bakudo #22: Hakufuku - As a bonus action you have a 80% chance to inflict the Stagger status on your target and upon infliction it deals a 3d6 worth of direct damage. -5 Reishi
(1/2)
Bakudo #9: Geki - As a bonus action you have a 70% chance to inflict the special Enthralled status on your target. Enthralled targets have one of their Standard Actions reduced to a Bonus Action for the duration. -5 Reishi
(0/2)

Advanced
Matter Soul Manipulation - As a bonus action, you choose one of the following soul manipulations. You can only use one per battle. See list in Advanced Techs section. -25 Reishi
(0/1)
Mirror Opening - As a standard action, you make a single attack with 3 dmg dice that only deals the Slashing major effect. This attack always applies bonus damage as if it were a critical hit. If you roll a critical hit, then you double the normal bonus damage. -15 Reishi
(0/2)
Bakudo #40: Goyogai - As a bonus action, remove all status effects (non-special.) Can be used on self or a comrade. -15 Reishi
(0/1)
Soul Recharge - As a bonus action you leech half of the Reishi that your opponent spent on two of their attacks. You can then either keep that Reishi or add bonus damage to a single type attack equal to the amount of Reishi you previously leeched. You must use that leeched Reishi in the turn this is activated whether it is added to an attack or kept to replenish your own. You also have a 50% chance to inflict the special status effect Sapped that leeches 10 extra Reishi. Sapped also reduces max Reishi by 15.
(0/1)

Forbidden
Shunko - As a bonus action you activate Shunkō. For 6 turns, increase your Accuracy with Strikes on this turn by +15, increase your damage tier with Strikes by 2, increase your Base RL by 50%, and increase your DR by 6., -10 Reishi
(0/1)
Bakudo #81: Danku - As a bonus action, you conjure this protective wall and avoid all attacks targeting you this turn, even critical hits. Cannot be used against Hadō spells higher than #88., -25 Reishi
(0/1)

RELEASE

Amplified Trait
Reflex
+5 at First Release
+10 at Second Release

Enhancements:
- Meticulous (First Release): As a passive effect your Basic Attacks score a critical hit on a natural 85 or higher while in a Released State.
- Desolation (Second Release): As a passive effect your Basic Attacks deal an extra +10 bonus damage when you score a critical hit in a Released state.

Techniques:

1st Release:
- Multi-Arms, As an at-will action you can use 1 Bonus Action on your turn to make a Basic Attack. Also all Basic Attacks on your turn roll 1 extra damage dice., -20 Reishi (0/3)
2nd Release:
- Time Shift, As an at-will action you gain either an additional standard action or an additional bonus action on your turn., -20 Reishi (0/3)

REIATSU: 500,000 -> 1,000,000
HP: 75/75 | REISHI: 169/200 | DEF: 115 (100) | DMG DIE: d10 | ACC: +45

1d100+75·2d13+2·1d100·1d100+75·2d13+2·1d100

PLAYER

I have nothing to say.

Hageshi Rekka Avatar

Hageshi Rekka

Post by Hageshi Rekka on Aug 22, 2022 15:34:31 GMT -5

"...Artifact? What kind of artifact? And how do you know that I am searching for one? Are you... reading my mind? Stalking me, or something?"

At the start of the fight, Rekka had estimated that his opponent was at least twice as strong as him, if not slightly more. Hence, it came as no surprise that he had dodged all the Shinigami's moves thus far. Or maybe the Third Seat was off his game today. Either way, the youth in the red jacket caught his fist, threw him over his shoulder, and slammed him in mid-air with the butt of his brand-new Asauchi. Rekka flew off into the distance, disappearing with a comical twinkling star effect.

"Not at all. Blue hair, red jacket, katana from a distant realm... plus that kind of personality... it practically screams protagonist energy!" A familiar voice rang down from above and behind the Fullbringer.

"Hoho: Utsusemi." Rekka announced, slightly winded from the effort. "You look like a man on a quest. And the magic crystal known as the Hogyoku is the be-all end-all to all quests, precisely because it can do most anything you ask of it. I myself don't know what its limits are, but there was this one night that seemed to be longer by about an hour, so maybe it can even mess with time?"

"I don't know what you're implying with those "alternate timelines", but, yeah, that sounds like malfunctioning powers to me. That doesn't sound like it's related to me."

"Yeah you're right. I might explode if they're malfunctioning so I'd rather not use them for now."

Rekka lunged at the Fullbringer from the high ground, aiming for a blow to the top of the head with one fist and a succeeding strike to the gut with the other.

COMBAT TRACKER
SUMMARY
Put a summary here.
Hibano attacks for 136 acc! Hit for 26 dmg!
Hibano attacks for 153 acc! Hit for 10 dmg!
Rekka uses Utsusemi to dodge both attacks!
Rekka uses Tsukiyubi!
Rekka uses Strike!
Rekka uses Strike!

At-Will: Tsukiyubi (+20 acc, +2 dmg tier) (-10 reishi)

Bonus Action: Utsusemi | -10 reishi cost

Acc - zHq_LM0K1d100+85
Dmg - 2d13

Acc - 1d100+85
Dmg - 2d13

ACTIVE EFFECTS

Shimoku: 3/5 turns
Flawless Strikes: 1/4

CLASS

FLAWLESS STRIKES

INTENSE TRAINING

PERFECT FORM

BATTLE FORGED

TRAITS

BLITZ

BLUR

HASTE

TALENTED

TEMPERED

ALACRITY (Racial)

TECHNIQUES AND SPELLS

UTSUSEMI (CICADA SHELL)

SPEED CLONES

REIRYOKU ABSORPTION

Limit: [0/2]

KAZAGURUMA (WINDMILL)

RELEASE

TIME SHIFT

MULTI-ARMS

EFFICIENT
Effect: As a passive effect, your 1st Release now costs -2 less Reishi to maintain.

DEADLY (Only Release 2)

HP: 75/75 | REISHI: 147/200 | DEF: 100 (115) | DMG DIE: d9 (d11) (d13) | ACC: +50 (+65)(+85)

1d100+85·2d13·1d100·1d100·1d100+85·2d13·1d100·1d100

GAME MASTER

Wandenreich - Soldat

Hibano Avatar

Hibano

Post by Hibano on Aug 23, 2022 11:19:35 GMT -5

Hibano

Tossing Rekka away only made Hibano lose him for a few seconds - the Shinigami appeared right behind him in a matter of seconds and tossed a punch right at his cheek. This caught him unprepared, and the visceral blow got him to stumble back for a step. The next strike, just as swift as the first, was aimed for Hibano's gut, but the Fullbringer suddenly blocked it with the sheathed blade, pushing it back.

As for what the Shinigami was telling him... with such accuracy, he had no option but to concede.

"...you're right. I am searching for the Hogyoku," he answered as he drew the blade out of its sheath, first slowly and dramatically, then pulling it out with a sudden swish and sending a faint gust of wind across the rooftops. "I have only learned of its existence not that long ago - but as I was told, it is the only artifact which could be able to help me."

Though it was invisible to the naked eye, an aura was bubbling around Hibano from the amount of Reiatsu he was putting out, able to daze, stagger and tug someone much weaker than him, if they stood next to him.

"Thanks to evil machinations, my mother was sealed away inside of my body, and no normal methods of separating her soul from my body seem to work - so, just like you say, an artifact so powerful that it can accomplish anything should be able to do the job."

HIBANO
DEFENSIVE PHASE
Edge II on Rekka: +10 defense, +10 accuracy, +2 Damage and 2 DR.
Pesquisa activated!
Rekka's Strike I - vs 140 def - hits for 15 damage, Stunned!
Rekka's Strike II - vs 140 def - miss.

Total 15 dmg reduced to 13 by Damage Reduction!

Bonus Action: Offensive Fighting Stance (Shunko - As a bonus action you activate Shunkō. For 6 turns, increase your Accuracy with Strikes on this turn by +15, increase your damage tier with Strikes by 2, increase your Base RL by 50%, and increase your DR by 6.), -10 Reishi

Standard Action: Oppressive Aura (Bakudo #22: Hakufuku - As a bonus action you have a 80% chance to inflict the Stagger status on your target and upon infliction it deals a 3d6 worth of direct damage.) -5 Reishi

Need to roll 80 or less to inflict Stagger - Uh06FBky1d100
If inflicted, deals 3d4 Direct Damage.

Standard Action: Invigorate, +25 Reishi

ACTIVE EFFECTS
Shunko: 1/6 turns, +50% RL, +15 acc/+2 dmg tier with Strikes, +6 DR

Pesquisa: 1/3 turns
Stunned: 1/1 turns

CLASS
Fighter
Monk

TRAITS

(0/1)
(0/3)
(0/4)
(0/3)

TECHNIQUES
Enhanced Basic

Defensive
(0/2)
(1/1)
(0/2)
(0/1)

Utility
(0/1)
(0/2)
(2/2)
(0/2)

Advanced
(0/1)
(0/2)
(0/1)
(0/1)

Forbidden
(1/1)
(0/1)

RELEASE

Amplified Trait
Reflex
+5 at First Release
+10 at Second Release

Enhancements:

Techniques:

1st Release:
2nd Release:

REIATSU: 750,000 (500,000) -> 1,500,000
HP: 62/75 | REISHI: 177/200 | DEF: 115 (100) | DMG DIE: d10 | ACC: +45

1d100·3d4

PLAYER

I have nothing to say.

Hageshi Rekka Avatar

Hageshi Rekka

Post by Hageshi Rekka on Aug 23, 2022 19:46:05 GMT -5

"...you're right. I am searching for the Hogyoku. I have only learned of its existence not that long ago - but as I was told, it is the only artifact which could be able to help me."

Rekka's first punch landed, while the second was blocked by the teen's Asauchi, causing the Shinigami to leap back. Hibano would then draw his blade in a dramatic fashion and exert an intimidating aura, which his opponent was only partially able to fend off.

"Thanks to evil machinations, my mother was sealed away inside of my body, and no normal methods of separating her soul from my body seem to work - so, just like you say, an artifact so powerful that it can accomplish anything should be able to do the job."

"Okay what." Rekka said. While outwardly he seemed to be unable to process that last sentence, his mental gears were already turning, and when he finished, this was the conclusion he arrived at.

"You're a Mod Soul, aren't you? Or something along that vein."

Rekka would then continue explaining his reasoning, pausing along the way for convenience.

"Only an extremely advanced level of Kido or technology could seal a soul inside another, and that fresh Asauchi tells me the Shinigami did it. And definitely, only a Captain is capable of such an procedure. Of the four Captain-level Shinigami capable of this, Captains Hinawa and Avarasala wouldn't dare attempt such a thing. That leaves Captain Daisho and Tendo, who are known to be skilled with artificial souls. And obviously, anyone who can seal a soul inside another is more than capable of manipulating memories, which by the way has been a Shinigami skill for centuries. But why would they do this?"

"The answer is simple," Rekka concluded. "Tendo tried creating a second Hogyoku, which almost destroyed the world. So it makes sense that the Gotei 13 would try to collect the first one to prevent such an event. However, the Hogyoku is scattered across each of the races' territories, and creating a human warrior to collect the shards where the Shinigami can't, and if they fail they lose nothing, is a pretty smart, if lazy idea. Not to mention unethical. Since you weren't on our records since this year despite being this strong, it means you were probably just an ordinary kid until Daisho or Tendo took you from your family and experimented on you."

Rekka responded to Hibano's aura with his own release, drawing his Zanpakuto. "Yaketsuke, Enmado!"

"I won't oppose you nor help you get the shards 'cause I know where you'll take them! Instead, let's show each other what we can really do, here and now!"

COMBAT TRACKER
SUMMARY
Put a summary here.
Hibano uses Hakufuku! Rekka counters with Speed Clones!
Hibano buffs himself!
Rekka uses Shunko!
Rekka uses talented (Utsusemi)
Rekka uses Invigorate!

At-Will Action: Second Release | -4 reishi cost

At-Will Action: Talented (Utsusemi) | -0 reishi cost

Bonus Action: Speed Clones | -5 reishi cost

Bonus Action: Shunko | -15 reishi cost

Standard Action: Invigorate | -25 reishi cost

ACTIVE EFFECTS

Shimoku: 4/5 turns
Flawless Strikes: 2/4
Shunko Active! 1/6 turns
Stagger: 1/1 turns
Release 2!

CLASS

FLAWLESS STRIKES

INTENSE TRAINING

PERFECT FORM

BATTLE FORGED

TRAITS

BLITZ

BLUR

HASTE

TALENTED

TEMPERED

ALACRITY (Racial)

TECHNIQUES AND SPELLS

UTSUSEMI (CICADA SHELL)

SPEED CLONES

REIRYOKU ABSORPTION

Limit: Once per battle. Cannot be used alongside the Hollow Mask or Soul Trigger techniques. [0/1]

KAZAGURUMA (WINDMILL)

RELEASE

TIME SHIFT

MULTI-ARMS

EFFICIENT
Effect: As a passive effect, your 1st Release now costs -2 less Reishi to maintain.

DEADLY (Only Release 2)

REIATSU: 232,000 (464,000) (696,000) (1,392,000)
HP: 75/75 | REISHI: 148/200 | DEF: 100 (115) | DMG DIE: d9 (d12) (d14) | ACC: +50 (+70)(+85)

Last Edit: Aug 25, 2022 8:27:09 GMT -5 by Hageshi Rekka

GAME MASTER

Wandenreich - Soldat

Hibano Avatar

Hibano

Post by Hibano on Aug 24, 2022 11:58:26 GMT -5

Hibano

"...you're insane."

Hibano raised his sword, holding it horizontally, in an offensive posture - ready to lunge forward at any moment. Rekka may have tried to finish off his accusations with a call to a rightful duel, but the Fullbringer was not going to have it.

"You're spouting nonsense. Trying to call me a brainwashed puppet when you have no idea what you are talking about..." Hibano gushed out. Maybe Simone, talking about how everyone in the world loves to dictate to you and act likes it know you more than yourself, had a point... It seemed like every time he tried talking to anyone about who he is, they tried to insinuate that he was not in control of his actions. That he was a puppet, that he was being fooled...

Who do they think they are? Who does this Shinigami think he is? Trying to besmirch not just him, but his mother like that...

"If this is your idea of trying to convince me to give up on my quest, then shove it back down your throat. In fact..." Right as he finished his sentence, Hibano would suddenly flash forward at supersonic speeds, opening up the attack with a punch towards Rekka's throat, intended to stun him and slow him down. As soon as he pulled his fist back, the teen would continue with a barrage of sword slashes.

One, two, three, four powerful swings were sent at the Shinigami, aiming to cut him down with full force.

HIBANO
DEFENSIVE PHASE
Pesquisa activated!
No damage dealt by Rekka.

At-Will: Hypersonic Speed (Tsukiyubi - As an at-will action all of your basic strikes this turn gain +20 to accuracy and upgrade their Damage Tier by +2.) -10 Reishi
At-Will: Offensive Combat Stance (Multi-Arms - As an at-will action you can use 1 Bonus Action on your turn to make a Basic Attack. Also all Basic Attacks on your turn roll 1 extra damage dice.) -20 Reishi
At-Will: Haste - Gain an additional Bonus Action on your turn.

Bonus Action: Throat Punch (As a bonus action you have a 70% chance to inflict the special Enthralled status on your target. Enthralled targets have one of their Standard Actions reduced to a Bonus Action for the duration.) -5 Reishi

Need to roll 70 or less to convert one of Rekka's Standard Actions to a Bonus Action - E_3_llk81d100

Bonus Action (Haste): Full-Power Sword Combo (Multi-Arms Enhanced Strike)

Modified by: Intense Training (+30% Stun chance), Perfect Form (+10 acc/+1 dmg tier), Flawless Strikes (+10 acc/+2 dmg tier), Multi-Arms (+1 roll), Tsukiyubi (+20 acc/+2 dmg tier), Shunko (+15 acc/+2 dmg tier), Release (Crits on 85+)

Accuracy - 1d100+100
Damage - 3d17

Standard Action: Full-Power Sword Combo (Multi-Arms Enhanced Strike)

Modified by: Intense Training (+30% Stun chance), Perfect Form (+10 acc/+1 dmg tier), Flawless Strikes (+10 acc/+2 dmg tier), Multi-Arms (+1 roll), Tsukiyubi (+20 acc/+2 dmg tier), Shunko (+15 acc/+2 dmg tier), Release (Crits on 85+)

Accuracy - 1d100+100
Damage - 3d17

Accuracy - 1d100+100
Damage - 3d17

Standard Action (Blitz): Full-Power Sword Combo (Multi-Arms Enhanced Strike)

Accuracy - 1d100+100
Damage - 3d17

ACTIVE EFFECTS
Shunko: 2/6 turns, +50% RL, +15 acc/+2 dmg tier with Strikes, +6 DR

Pesquisa: 2/3 turns
Stunned: 1/1 turns

CLASS
Fighter
Monk

TRAITS

(0/1)
(1/3)
(0/4)
(1/3)

TECHNIQUES
Enhanced Basic

Defensive
(0/2)
(1/1)
(0/2)
(0/1)

Utility
(0/1)
(1/2)
(2/2)
(1/2)

Advanced
(0/1)
(0/2)
(0/1)
(0/1)

Forbidden
(1/1)
(0/1)

RELEASE

Amplified Trait
Reflex
+5 at First Release
+10 at Second Release

Enhancements:

Techniques:

1st Release:
- Multi-Arms, As an at-will action you can use 1 Bonus Action on your turn to make a Basic Attack. Also all Basic Attacks on your turn roll 1 extra damage dice., -20 Reishi (1/3)
2nd Release:

REIATSU: 750,000 (500,000) -> 1,500,000
HP: 62/75 | REISHI: 140/200 | DEF: 115 (100) | DMG DIE: d10 | ACC: +45

1d100·1d100+100·3d17·1d100·1d100+100·3d17·1d100·1d100+100·3d17·1d100·1d100+100·3d17·1d100

PLAYER

I have nothing to say.

Hageshi Rekka Avatar

Hageshi Rekka

Post by Hageshi Rekka on Aug 24, 2022 22:07:26 GMT -5

"...you're insane."

"You're spouting nonsense. Trying to call me a brainwashed puppet when you have no idea what you are talking about..."

"So I've heard," Rekka said wryly. To be fair, it was a valid response to such a theory. "But think. Think long and hard about it. Who else could've sealed your mother inside you? You're no puppet, you and your mother are victims of the most screwed-up, unethical Shinigami in the world!"

But Hibano didn't seem to be listening anymore, taking an offensive stance for real. "If this is your idea of trying to convince me to give up on my quest, then shove it back down your throat. In fact..."

The teen rushed forward, intending to punch the Shinigami in the throat, which was quite poetic. Or it would have been, had Rekka not caught his fist.

"GO DO YOUR DAMN QUEST FOR ALL I CARE! ONE DAY, YOU'LL COME TO SOUL SOCIETY FOR OUR PIECE AND FIND OUT FOR YOURSELF!" The fiery Shinigami roared, barely managing to parry Hibano's slashes with his own blade. "BUT MY ENMADO ISN'T GONNA LOSE TO YOUR NAMELESS HAND-ME-DOWN!"

As he said this, Enmado dissolved into embers and flowed across Rekka, enveloping his entire body in ghostly white flames and turning his black cape white. A large, fluffy tail made of the same fire materialized behind the young Reaper, who then took a battle stance and charged at Hibano, aiming a barrage of fiery punches at his opponent.

COMBAT TRACKER
SUMMARY
Put a summary here.
Hibano used Throat Punch! Missed!
Hibano attacks for 111 acc! Missed!
Hibano attacks for 153 acc! Hit for 8 dmg! DR reduces it to 2! Barrier absorbs the 2 dmg! 0 dmg!
Hibano attacks for 160 acc! Hit for 36 dmg!
Hibano attacks for 140 acc! Hit for 24 dmg!
Rekka uses Blur (Utsusemi) to dodge the two attacks!
Rekka uses Time Shift!
Rekka uses Multi-Arms!
Rekka uses Blitz!
Rekka uses Strike!
Rekka uses Strike!
Rekka uses Strike!
Rekka uses Strike!
Rekka uses Strike!
Rekka uses Strike!

At-Will: Talented (Utsusemi) (-0 reishi)

At-Will: Utsusemi | -10 reishi cost

Bonus Action (Multi-Arms) : (Strike) - Effects | -10 reishi cost
Acc - EkOwqOMP1d100+85
Dmg - 3d14

Standard Action (Time Shift) : (Strike) - Effects | -10 reishi cost
Acc - 1d100+85
Dmg - 3d14

Acc - 1d100+85
Dmg - 3d14

Acc - 1d100+85
Dmg - 3d14

Acc - 1d100+90 (Deadly)
Dmg - 3d14

Blitz:
Acc - 1d100+90 (Deadly)
Dmg - 3d14

ACTIVE EFFECTS

Shimoku: 5/5 turns
Barrier: 3/30 armor
Flawless Strikes: 2/4
Release 2 Derp
Shunko: 2/6 turns

CLASS

FLAWLESS STRIKES

INTENSE TRAINING

PERFECT FORM

BATTLE FORGED

TRAITS

BLITZ

BLUR
Limit: [2/4]

HASTE

TALENTED

TEMPERED

ALACRITY (Racial)

TECHNIQUES AND SPELLS

UTSUSEMI (CICADA SHELL)

SPEED CLONES

REIRYOKU ABSORPTION

Limit: Once per battle. Cannot be used alongside the Hollow Mask or Soul Trigger techniques. [0/1]

KAZAGURUMA (WINDMILL)

RELEASE

TIME SHIFT

MULTI-ARMS

EFFICIENT

DEADLY (Only Release 2) (Active)

REIATSU: 232,000 (464,000) (696,000) (1,392,000)
HP: 75/75 | REISHI: 94/200 | DEF: 100 (120) | DMG DIE: d9 (d12) (d14) | ACC: +50 (+70)(+85)

1d100+85·3d14·1d100·1d100·1d100+85·3d14·1d100·1d100·1d100+85·3d14·1d100·1d100·1d100+85·3d14·1d100·1d100·1d100+90·3d14·1d100·1d100·1d100+90·3d14·1d100·1d100
Last Edit: Aug 25, 2022 8:30:11 GMT -5 by Hageshi Rekka

GAME MASTER

Wandenreich - Soldat

Hibano Avatar

Hibano

Post by Hibano on Aug 26, 2022 5:03:01 GMT -5

Hibano

Hibano's response made Rekka snap, yell with frustration about how he will absolutely, certainly see the truth, and then lunge at him with a powerful transformation. This idiocy was getting annoying, and the Fullbringer thus didn't bother humoring him with a response. Rather, he immediately switched to a defensive posture, catching and blocking each of the fists as they came.

There was certainly a lot of power behind them, and they quickly slipped past Hibano's defenses, pummeling his block and pushing him back. Though the punches themselves made their impact, the flames were held back by an aura around his body, however - if they tried to sear him and leave lasting burns, they'd soon find themselves blocked by the Reiatsu. When the final punches came, the teen would suddenly catch them, clutching onto Rekka's wrists to hold them in place.

The aura around him roared to life, and he tapped into the full power of his fusion with the foreign soul inside of him, again. Reinvigorated by this transformation, Hibano suddenly stepped back and went on the counter-offensive. He drew his Asauchi a second time and unleashed a second barrage of sword slashes, even more powerful than the first.

HIBANO
DEFENSIVE PHASE
Pesquisa, Yugure no Manto, Sekienton, Rapid Movement activated!
Rekka's Strike 1 - vs 145 def - miss!
Rekka's Strike 2 - vs 145 def - Invalidated, too many attacks!
Rekka's Strike 3 - vs 145 def - hits for 22 dmg!
Rekka's Strike 4 - vs 145 def - hits for 10 dmg!
Rekka's Strike 5 - vs 145 def - hits for 12 dmg!
Rekka's Strike 6 - vs 145 def - miss!
Critical damage and status effects avoided!

Total damage (44) reduced by Damage Reduction to 38 dmg!

1 stack of Flawless Strikes gained!

At-Will: Reiatsu Guard (Bakudo #12: Yugure no Manto - As an at-will action you are immune to newly applied non-special status effects and negate the damage bonus from critical hits during your turn. Does not remove status effects you have been previously afflicted with.) -5 Reishi
At-Will (Blur): Reiatsu Guard (Bakudo #21: Sekienton - As a bonus action you avoid damage from all natural damage dice that roll a certain number or lower during your turn. For basic attacks, 8 or lower. For non-basic attacks, 10 or lower.) -10 Reishi

Bonus Action: Reiatsu Guard (Rapid Movement - +15 Defense) -5 Reishi

At-Will: Full Soul Fusion (Second Release, non-reactive). Gain Edge II on Rekka, recover 20 HP

At-Will: Hypersonic Speed (Tsukiyubi - As an at-will action all of your basic strikes this turn gain +20 to accuracy and upgrade their Damage Tier by +2.) -10 Reishi
At-Will: Offensive Combat Stance (Multi-Arms - As an at-will action you can use 1 Bonus Action on your turn to make a Basic Attack. Also all Basic Attacks on your turn roll 1 extra damage dice.) -20 Reishi
At-Will: Haste - Gain an additional Bonus Action on your turn.

Bonus Action (Haste): Full-Power Sword Combo (Multi-Arms Enhanced Strike)

Modified by: Intense Training (+30% Stun chance), Perfect Form (+10 acc/+1 dmg tier), Flawless Strikes (+15 acc/+3 dmg tier), Multi-Arms (+1 roll), Tsukiyubi (+20 acc/+2 dmg tier), Shunko (+15 acc/+2 dmg tier), Release (Crits on 85+, +10 bonus damage for Crit), Edge (+10 acc/+2 dmg)

Accuracy - bB3Qh8cK1d100+100
Damage - 3d18+2 (CRITICAL! +14 dmg, and +10 dmg from Release)

Modified by: Intense Training (+30% Stun chance), Perfect Form (+10 acc/+1 dmg tier), Flawless Strikes (+15 acc/+3 dmg tier), Multi-Arms (+1 roll), Tsukiyubi (+20 acc/+2 dmg tier), Shunko (+15 acc/+2 dmg tier), Release (Crits on 85+, +10 bonus damage for Crit), Edge (+10 acc/+2 dmg)

Accuracy - 1d100+100
Damage - 3d18+2

Accuracy - 1d100+100
Damage - 3d18+2

Standard Action (Blitz): Full-Power Sword Combo (Multi-Arms Enhanced Strike)

Accuracy - 1d100+100
Damage - 3d18+2

At-Will: Faster than Time (Time Shift - As an at-will action you gain either an additional standard action or an additional bonus action on your turn.) -20 Reishi

Standard Action (Time Shift): Full-Power Sword Combo (Multi-Arms Enhanced Strike)

Accuracy - 1d100+100
Damage - 3d18+2

ACTIVE EFFECTS
First Release (Tempered): x4 RL per turn, 6 Reishi per turn, Basics Crit on 85+ and deal +10 damage, +10 Reflex.
Shunko: 3/6 turns, +50% RL, +15 acc/+2 dmg tier with Strikes, +6 DR

Flawless Strikes: 3 stacks.

Pesquisa: 3/3 turns

CLASS
Fighter
Monk

TRAITS

(0/1)
(2/3)
(1/4)
(2/3)

TECHNIQUES
Enhanced Basic

Defensive
(0/2)
(1/1)
(1/2)
(1/1)

Utility
(0/1)
(2/2)
(2/2)
(1/2)

Advanced
(0/1)
(0/2)
(0/1)
(0/1)

Forbidden
(1/1)
(0/1)

RELEASE

Amplified Trait
Reflex
+5 at First Release
+10 at Second Release

Enhancements:

Techniques:

1st Release:
- Multi-Arms, As an at-will action you can use 1 Bonus Action on your turn to make a Basic Attack. Also all Basic Attacks on your turn roll 1 extra damage dice., -20 Reishi (2/3)
2nd Release:
- Time Shift, As an at-will action you gain either an additional standard action or an additional bonus action on your turn., -20 Reishi (1/3)

REIATSU: 750,000 (500,000) -> 3,000,000
HP: 44/75 | REISHI: 64/200 | DEF: 120 (100) | DMG DIE: d10 | ACC: +45

1d100+100·3d18+2·1d100·1d100+100·3d18+2·1d100·1d100+100·3d18+2·1d100·1d100+100·3d18+2·1d100·1d100+100·3d18+2·1d100
Last Edit: Aug 26, 2022 5:09:09 GMT -5 by Hibano

PLAYER

I have nothing to say.

Hageshi Rekka Avatar

Hageshi Rekka

Post by Hageshi Rekka on Aug 26, 2022 6:31:47 GMT -5

Shrouded in white flames, Rekka charged at Hibano, unleashing a barrage of punches that threw the teenage Fullbringer back and broke through his defenses. The Shinigami's onslaught could be said to be successful despite his opponent's aura shielding him from the full strength of his fiery fists.

Until Hibano decided to unleash his true strength, catching Rekka's fists while releasing an overwhelmingly strong energy that was a match for even Hyakuji. Not only that, the Reiatsu signature currently being released by the youth...

Was quite similar to the Reiatsu of whatever had broken the sky.

Too stunned to even respond, Rekka's mind raced through a number of questions and possibilities. How did this mortal teen become imbued with the power to destroy the world? Why did he believe that the soul sealed inside his own belonged to his mother, if there was in fact a soul at all? If Daisho did experiment on him, give him the Asauchi, and brainwashed him to hunt down the Hogyoku shards, why such programming as freeing his mother? Was he the second Hogyoku that cracked open the sky? Was it the soul supposedly inside him? 

Too preoccupied with Hibano's aura, Rekka could not, did not, defend against the barrage of slashes aimed at him. Not that it would have done anything against that kind of power. The power to tear the sky asunder with naught but a nameless, borrowed blade. The slashes tore through the young Shinigami's uniform and flesh, tossing him through the air with each strike. Somehow, his battered form landed on the same rooftop as they were fighting on, allowing him to leave some parting words to his opponent before he collapsed.

"Good...match..."

"But...that soul...cracked...the sky."

"It can't...be released."

COMBAT TRACKER
SUMMARY
Put a summary here.
Hibano used Second Release! Edge 2 gained!
Hibano attacks five times! All Hit!
Rekka is Incapacitated!

ACTIVE EFFECTS

N/A

CLASS

FLAWLESS STRIKES

INTENSE TRAINING

PERFECT FORM

BATTLE FORGED

TRAITS

BLITZ

BLUR
Limit: [2/4]

HASTE

TALENTED

TEMPERED

ALACRITY (Racial)

TECHNIQUES AND SPELLS

UTSUSEMI (CICADA SHELL)

SPEED CLONES

REIRYOKU ABSORPTION

KAZAGURUMA (WINDMILL)

RELEASE

TIME SHIFT

MULTI-ARMS

EFFICIENT

DEADLY (Only Release 2) (Active)

REIATSU: 232,000
HP: 0/75 | REISHI: 90/200 | DEF: 100 (100) | DMG DIE: d9 (d10) | ACC: +50 (+60)