Bleach Hereafter RPG

On the Outskirts of the Desolate

Player

You fool! You fell right for my trap!

Hequita Avatar

Hequita

Post by Hequita on Sept 15, 2022 14:11:29 GMT -5

Irisa Ishiwara

Hyakuji revealed that he knew about the Visored through his reincarnation - several lives ago, he was one of the Visored who were killed during their purge six hundred years ago. How he managed to access these memories and connect himself to this entirely different person who just happened to be on the same reincarnation line was an entirely different question - as normally, it shouldn't be possible. However, that was a question for another day.

Irisa stared Hyakuji straight into the eyes. Still, even with this reveal, something nagged on her mind that this wasn't the entire story. This wouldn't explain anything about her Vice-Captain's hints about knowing about the survival of some Visored, for one. Still, he clearly was not interested in continuing the conversation, whether it be because he did not want to reveal too much to someone from the Gotei 13, or simply because of his discomfort about the subject - so, Irisa wasn't going to press him any further.

"...fair enough," she stated, as an answer to Hyakuji's reveal of his past. The Vice-Captain's idea for their next move was to return to Hawaii - as it was their only lead, they might as well return there, and see if they can find anything else.

"That makes sense, and I have no issue with that..." Irisa answered, but before she could finish her sentence and take them to Hawaii, her mind suddenly wandered off to something else. The Hogyoku Shards... and the fact that this mysterious threat, serving the demons or not, was seemingly going after them.

"...actually, Vice-Captain. Do you know anything of the location of the last Hogyoku Shard? If this threat is going after them... then the location of that shard might be where they will strike next." If the two shards held by Yukari were scattered, then nobody, not even them, could know where they may be - whereas the third, held in custody by Hyakuji and Irisa together, was safe deep in Soul Society. That left the fourth... the World of the Living Shard.

GAME MASTER

13th Division Captain

Partake the cup of my wrath

Muimina Hyakuji Avatar

Muimina Hyakuji

Post by Muimina Hyakuji on Sept 21, 2022 8:52:59 GMT -5

無意味な 百事
護廷十三隊 - 1st DIVISION

𝖳𝖠𝖦𝖲:

Following Hyakuji’s suggestion, the two shinigami were about to set out back to Hawaii when Irisa asked him about the location of the other shards. He remembered the girl had the shard from the quincy realm a few months before they met, or at least made their relationship official. The one from Soul Society, was of course, given to her as well. The Hueco Mundo shard he and Irisa kept in the Archives… that would leave the shard which Diana possessed during their fight in Poland.

“There was one shard in possession of a fullbringer… we… had a fight then. It was the first time I actually saw and felt it,” the Vice-Captain hazily recalled. He was talking about the silver-haired lady he first met in France. At first, with hostility, yet, by some miracle, through the several instances they crossed paths, they eventually became friends.

Until the unfortunate situation in Poland. For some reason, Diana changed that night. She seemed a lot more agitated. He was genuinely worried about her but after some confrontation, shut him off, and hence their fight. Looking back, he was reminded how he was no match for Diana then, and now he wondered if he’d be able to defeat her in case they crossed their paths again. In the hope of saving her from whatever corruption the shard was doing to her. Aside from the fact that he needed the crystal for himself.

“Unfortunately, we were interrupted by an explosion, an attack from the outside. When the dust settled down, I was left alone. The fullbringer was gone, and so was the powerful reiatsu emanating from the shard.”

For a moment, Hyakuji hesitated whether to spill the tea to Irisa, but eventually realised he had to if he wanted themselves to move forward, thus he continued, “That was during a charity ball in Poland. Though, the fullbringer is based in England. We can try our luck and visit her. See if she still had the shards. The enemy might be after her too, as you suspected.”

[344]

Shadows still hunt us in broad daylight.

Player

Hequita Avatar

Hequita

Post by Hequita on Sept 23, 2022 13:44:57 GMT -5

Irisa Ishiwara

Surprisingly, the Vice-Captain actually did know about the location of the final Hogyoku Shard - as it turns out, it too was under the possession of a Fullbringer. She and Hyakuji ended up in a fight, but they were interrupted by an explosion from the outside, during which she vanished. Still, however, the Shinigami knew of where she usually operated - and so, he could offer her a visit, and make sure she is safe.

"Right..." Irisa answered, her voice in slightly lower mood than before. "If so, we can divide our time between our search for clues in Hawaii and going after this Fullbringer in England. Perhaps I can visit the battle site and you can contact her, or... well, I suppose we will figure something out."

She paused, staring to the horizon, then turned towards Hyakuji and slightly tipped her witch's hat.

"Not to veer too much into the sensitive and the off-topic, Vice-Captain... but how come you never informed the Gotei 13 about any of this?" Irisa suddenly asked, aiming to confront him. "From what I gather, this means that before the incident in Hawaii, three of the four shards of the Hogyoku were under the possession of the Fullbringers. Between this and the entire debacle with the Fullbringer in Tendo Shoten... the existence and exploits of this race is sounding more and more concerning by the day."

GAME MASTER

13th Division Captain

Muimina Hyakuji Avatar

Muimina Hyakuji

Post by Muimina Hyakuji on Sept 26, 2022 7:04:54 GMT -5

無意味な 百事
護廷十三隊 - 1st DIVISION

𝖳𝖠𝖦𝖲:

The Hogyoku. A powerful relic torn into four pieces said to have been scattered in four different realms, was rumoured to have the ability to grant anyone’s wishes. Hyakuji’s first encounter of it was during his mission in London, wherein he was sent to Poland to investigate on it right after he defeated the dragons with Diana, the silver-haired fullbringer he met in France.

Truly, it emitted a different kind of aura. That, which is too powerful, anyone with a weak reiatsu would find rather overwhelming. In between his investigation on the fullbringers, whether they could be allies, and the search for the mysterious Hogyoku, he found love with a teenager, who was a fullbringer, ironic as it might have been, and who also was searching for the three remaining shards.

From there, she had been the reason why he was looking for the crystal, in the hope of finding cure for her congenital insensitivity, he found himself hiding behind a superficial loyalty to the Gotei with a greater goal in mind: to create a world of peace, where everyone, including the fullbringers and quincy would finally have a place in Soul Society.

What Irisa knew was certainly not what happened. The three shards, or rather, two at least, were in the possession of Yukari. And it was probably why someone wrecked her home island, to take it by force.

Even then, it was no surprise that she didn’t know it. The Gotei 13 could have easily assumed that it was the fullbringers after it. The Captain Commander knew what happened to the shard in Soul Society, however; although it was a mystery whether he realised Yukari had another in her possession.

Now, it was up to Hyakuji to inform his colleague. While risky, he would have to tell her most, if not everything, of his knowledge about the shards, including its whereabouts. Especially that he also needed the lady’s help to avenge her beloved.

“Ishiwara-san,” the Vice-Captain sighed heavily, “ You were wrong. There was only one person who possessed the two shards. The other one, was what I’ve just told you. Back in the Archives, do you remember the reason why I needed the shard? I am helping a fullbringer complete it.”

If the kido teacher could recall, Hyakuji had told her about helping his girlfriend completing the Hogyoku for her health. At any rate, he still reminded her, in case she had forgotten, “Irisa-san, I am helping my girlfriend get cured of her illness. By completing the Hogyoku.”

“It was merely for personal reasons,” the shinigami defended, “But as it stands, somebody might have already taken away the shards in her possession.”

Thinking how the person, if ever they were just mortals, desperately attacked an entire village meant they’d do whatever it takes to claim the powerful crystals for themselves. Hyakuji needed vengeance as much as collecting the relic.

“So…” the Vice-Captain continued, his eyes were rather aflamed, far from the gloomy, suffering eyes earlier, “ … we need to do our best to hunt the culprit down.”

“That one must be far dangerous than what you fear of the fullbringers.”

[527]

Player

Hequita Avatar

Hequita

Post by Hequita on Sept 28, 2022 12:36:01 GMT -5

Irisa Ishiwara

"You misunderstand."

Irisa stared intensely at Hyakuji's eyes, then folded her arms behind her back and began pacing around the Vice-Captain. Hyakuji defended himself by saying that the three shards were distributed to two different Fullbringers, and once again invoked the fact that he was collecting the Hogyoku to aid his girlfriend's illness. Neither of these concerns landed on Irisa, especially not the desire to help a Fullbringer, and a mortal loved one.

"Consider what the situation was like before this mysterious threat appeared to ravage Hawaii. Three of the four shards of the Hogyoku - and let's not forget that possessing just one is enough power to summon an entire demon invasion in Soul Society - were held by the hands of two different Fullbringers."

Having paced a circle around Hyakuji, Irisa stopped in front of him and poked her finger straight at his chest. Normally, she would be a lot more restrained in showing her dissatisfaction at something, but the pressure and concern of knowing that two Hogyoku Shards were now missing and might now belong to the Demons was getting to her. Especially as she increasingly came to realize how avoidable this tragedy might have been.

"Fullbringers are frail. Hot-headed. Their fleeting lives mean they will never comprehend our long term thinking, and will never see the world in the way we do. They're an inherently unstable race. And you, knowing that such powerful artifacts were held in their hands, did nothing to inform Gotei 13 of this... If you are standing before me, with ambitions of Vice-Captainhood, of leadership, you should have known this was a bad idea from the beginning."

Sighing, Irisa turned around, staring away.

"This would not have happened if you had taken those shards away and brought all of them to Soul Society. ...This would not have happened if you followed the principles of Soul Society, instead of chasing after some woman and planning to use the most dangerous artifact in world history to cure someone who will die eventually anyway."

She narrowed her eyes. "Futile and self-defeating. Fine, let's go to England."

GAME MASTER

13th Division Captain

Muimina Hyakuji Avatar

Muimina Hyakuji

Post by Muimina Hyakuji on Oct 1, 2022 7:05:43 GMT -5

無意味な 百事
護廷十三隊 - 1st DIVISION

𝖳𝖠𝖦𝖲:

“The Captain Commander knew of it,” Hyakuji answered in a calm but strict tone, “I told him that day…and made a promise to protect it with all my might. The shards and the holder.”

Of course, what happened was nothing he or any shinigami could have expected. They were dealing with a realm wide threat, and whatever power that has ravaged Hawaii might have drowned in the more overwhelming danger the experimental Hogyokku had caused.

“In between the threat to Soul Society and the threat to all the realms, there had not been any incident that could’ve endangered my girlfriend. She had protected the shards with all her might. And what makes you so sure the Captains would not succumb to this mysterious assaulter? The balance almost tipped because of the experimental Hogyoku Tendo made. While we were imprisoned in the comforts of Katsumoto’s hall.”

It was not a slow realisation. He had noticed it before, that the leaders were still complacent, cowering behind their troops. Sure, they were powerful. They were not appointed Captains for no reason. What was disappointing was their lack of action. Something that he vowed he’d veer away from should he himself be Captain.

“And don’t you dare speak ill about my girlfriend. You don’t know her. You confessed you don’t know anything about romance. What gives you the right to speak against such things? You don’t understand anything about it. So I’d advise you to tame your tongue.”

He was not one to talk so harshly, normally. But this was something that was so personal to him. It was just a few moments that he learned of his lover’s misfortune, and Irisa’s banter did not help ease the hurt and suffering he was currently enduring.

“You must have been too comfortable being a teacher, you forgot you were talking to your Vice Captain.”

Hyakuji didn’t waste any more time, opening a portal which then led to London.

London. The place almost seemed like a second home to him. Not because of people he encountered here, but rather the experience which had made it more memorable. Aside from the missions he and Diana dealt with in this busy city, he explored the place on his own, discovering shops and coffee places, learning about the British history and culture whilst investigating on the fullbringers. It was also where he encountered Valentina, and where he took Maria to celebrate her birthday.

The two shinigami would land in front of a grand infrastructure, known to be the royal residence. There were rather a lot of people gathering around today, for some reason. And they were greeted by dark, gloomy skies which appeared to be speaking of what grim fate the citizens had endure that time, They were not here to sympathise, however, no matter he wanted, since they were already on a ticking time bomb, trying to prevent another peril that may come forth in the near future.

Hyakuji immediately pulled up his phone and called the silver-haired fullbringer. It was quite a while since he called her, and while he was unsure if she would answer, he could only hope.

[535]

Player

Hequita Avatar

Hequita

Post by Hequita on Oct 5, 2022 3:09:43 GMT -5

Irisa Ishiwara

Dear, oh dear... Such is what happens to a man who is blinded by love and attachment. Excuses, trying to make up for the fact that the Hogyoku Shards were put under the possession of a fragile Fullbringer rather than deep in the archives of Soul Society. And, of course, trying to defend his actions by saying that Irisa could never understand love and so can't speak ill about his girlfriend. It is true, Irisa was not cut out for romance. However, she understood futility, blindness and ignorance very well.

Regardless, Irisa did not bother addressing and readdressing the point. She was the elder person here, and she has given her insight into Hyakuji's actions. What he was going to take from her words was up to him.

So, she folded her arms behind her back, letting Hyakuji open a portal to London and bring both of them to the city. Immediately, their vision was flooded by the flashing lights of the enormous city, clashing with the dark skies overhead. Though it was already late and gloomy, hundreds of thousands of people were still on the streets - an enormous mass that certainly housed plenty of spiriually empowered individuals. Were it not for Hyakuji and the phone contacts he had, they would have likely been searching for a needle in the haystack.

Since Irisa did not have much to do herself without Hyakuji making contact with this Fullbringer first, she merely stood next to him, watching the city panorama in silence, and awaited any news.

GAME MASTER

13th Division Captain

Muimina Hyakuji Avatar

Muimina Hyakuji

Post by Muimina Hyakuji on Oct 12, 2022 8:05:33 GMT -5

無意味な 百事
護廷十三隊 - 1st DIVISION

𝖳𝖠𝖦𝖲:

Hyakuji was no longer expecting that Diana would pick up her phone. After all, it had been quite a while now since their last contact, which from what he remembered, was rather unpleasant. Such was his surprise when her phone was still ringing, and after quite a while, a voice was heard at the other end of the line.

Although… it sounded a bit different, yet at the same time also familiar as felt he already heard it before.

The baffled reaction was evident, even just from the narrowing of his eyes, and his companion would be able to tell something didn't seem right.

The soft and delicate voice informed them that Diana already left the phone to her care, and that she had no idea of her current whereabouts. Hyakuji asked if she was still working for the organisation; and while the mellow voice was surprised at his knowledge about them, answered that she had no idea herself. Although, it seemed that the Silver Fox had been recently busy doing some personal quests, on her own.

“Is there any way we can meet you here in London? Or are you in—”

The voice immediately replied she was fine meeting in some place within the vicinity. They were also told that they need not bother think of a rendezvous point, that she would meet them wherever they were, they only needed to tell her the place, and she’d come herself.

The Vice-Captain agreed and waited. He entertained himself by observing the people nearby, paying their tributes to the esteemed person behind the bars of the royal house. It was something he had not experienced himself, being celebrated or mourned for. His death as a Visored was rather shameful; as a human, it was mysterious and was rather unknown to his human parents.

In fact, they might’ve still believed he was alive somewhere. The opportunity to visit them had passed when he and Yukari stopped by Japan. He didn’t think he could do it on his own, especially now that he realised what kind of monster he was in the past.

From atop the roof of the palace, hidden from the sight of the mourning crowds, a blonde girl readied her sniper, a setup from her large coffee-coloured suitcase.

Like a predator lying in wait, the girl slowly, meticulously wrapped her finger around the trigger, ready to pull at any given moment. The gun was pointed in the direction of the two shinigami.

Whatever the reason for such hostility, contrary to what seemed to be a friendly tone over the phone earlier, has yet to be confronted later.

[440]
Last Edit: Oct 12, 2022 8:19:27 GMT -5 by Muimina Hyakuji

Player

Hequita Avatar

Hequita

Post by Hequita on Oct 13, 2022 15:34:13 GMT -5

Irisa Ishiwara

This was odd. When Hyakuji finally made the call to the Fullbringer which he assured would possess a Hogyoku Shard, he was clearly not greeted by the person he was expecting, judging from his reaction. Still, he tried to speak like he knew this person - and when he asked for a place of rendezvous, all he got from her was that she will be able to meet them anywhere they go.

"Something wrong?" Irisa asked when Hyakuji informed the woman of their location and finished the call, and tapped her chin in contemplation. "It sounded like you were caught off guard by something to me."

After the answer, she joined Hyakuji in the wait. For some time, she simply stood next to him, watching the sky, then raised her hand to materialize a book from her library in Soul Society, continuing her reading from where she left off. She only went through a few pages before she suddenly closed the book shut and let it vanish from her hands.

Something felt off. Whether it was because of a natural feeling of premonition, or simply because of the awkward feeling of being watched.

"Hyakuji..."

Irisa glanced from side to side, trying to discern where this feeling was coming from.

"Be on your guard. Something's not right."

GAME MASTER

13th Division Captain

Muimina Hyakuji Avatar

Muimina Hyakuji

Post by Muimina Hyakuji on Oct 19, 2022 8:00:30 GMT -5

無意味な 百事
護廷十三隊 - 1st DIVISION

𝖳𝖠𝖦𝖲:

Sapphire-like eyes narrowed as she focused on her target, her blonde locks almost blurred her view but nothing was too difficult to see for the once-hired-assassin.

The days of her past somewhat flashed back, being such in a familiar position… hidden from plain sight whilst among the crowds, a stealthy move that could only be known when the target was killed, and yet leaving no trace of the crime.

Her focused and calm breathing slowly turned shorter and shallow, a little bit anxious, one might say.

It was not because this was her first time. Rather, this was the first time she saw something unsettling amongst the crowds, and she had to make sure that no one would be hurt in the process. She didn’t mean to greet her visitors this way, however, it could not be helped… She had to maintain the peace, and should an enemy appear, she had no choice but to deal with them and finish them off. As soon as possible.

Irisa must have noticed the heavy air, the tension that suddenly filled the atmosphere. True, their surroundings were grieving; but there was more to it, looming, lurking nearby.

“I can sense it too,” the Vice Captain replied calmly. His eyes fixed on the roof of the grand building in front of them.

Bang!

The trigger was pulled, and the bullet swiftly travelled through the cold air leading to their direction. Hyakuji dodged, the long locks of his raven hair fluttering in the breeze as he pulled Irisa closer to him, while the reishi bullet pierced through the chest of the enemy behind them.

When it was clear they were not the target,he Vice-Captain interfered, letting go of the kido master, and drawing out his blade in his haste.

A demon? Hyakuji noted. However, it looked very much different from the Trifecta, who he had encountered before. From what he learned, they could disguise very well as human beings, although this one was quite surprising as it looked much like the demons shown in literature and media, complete with horns and a not-so charming face.

The raven-haired death god continued his assault; his movements, almost invisible as he slashed through the air; and before they knew it, the creature was swallowed back by the massive skull gate.

By this time, the blonde young lady had already closed the distance with the two, “I sincerely apologise for the unwelcoming greeting. That was not my intention. I had to deal with the enemy first to make sure the public safety. This is my jurisdiction after all. Violette Vaucoleurs, Hyakuji. I heard about you from Diana, unfortunately, she seemed to have gone on her own way, as what I’ve told you on the phone.``

The French maiden would then turn to the other blonde, “I didn’t mean to startle you, ma’am.”

[478]

Player

Hequita Avatar

Hequita

Post by Hequita on Oct 24, 2022 15:00:44 GMT -5

Irisa Ishiwara

A shot suddenly fired, ringing across the frozen air. Irisa was grabbed and pulled away by Hyakuji before she could even react. The trajectory of the blow did not target either of them, however - a demon was behind them, struck by the bullet and staggered. That was likely the true cause of the disturbance that the two of them could sense.

Hyakuji let go of Irisa and sliced the demon to bits, breaking its seal that allowed it to enter the World of the Living and thus dragging it back to Hell, where it belongs. Whatever its intention was, it must not have been aware of the power that either of the Shinigami held - and so suffered greatly. But, at least the situation settled for now.

The markswoman who had fired the warning shot and allowed Hyakuji to safely dispatch of the demon hopped off her vantage point and approached, introducing herself as Violette Vaucoleurs, explaining that Diana is no longer with them and she patrols London in her stead, and apologizing to Irisa for having startled her. The blonde Shinigami calmly nodded in response and answered:

"There's no need to apologize - though I suppose I would have preferred if you picked out your prey in a less heart attack inducing way," Thankfully, they weren't under severe threat, so it was just post-factum commentary, not an actual complaint. Irisa then turned her eyes towards where the demon had stood before getting pulled into its dimension.

"Why are there Demons roaming in London?"

GAME MASTER

13th Division Captain

Muimina Hyakuji Avatar

Muimina Hyakuji

Post by Muimina Hyakuji on Oct 26, 2022 11:22:35 GMT -5

無意味な 百事
護廷十三隊 - 1st DIVISION

𝖳𝖠𝖦𝖲:

“Is that right?” the blonde fullbringer responded to her remarks about her intercepting the demon’s attack, “ You’re probably older than you look then.”

“No offense, that’s just what I learned from some of the shinigami I encountered over the years.” Iris remarked quite frankly.

“I do not have any idea either. But their activity is becoming more active recently. I don’t know if you noticed, but there were reports of demon dog sightings all over the world, souls coming from the underworld called ‘Sinners’ and now the higher forms called demons.”

“I was informed, not all of them looked like the demons we read in literature. Some disguise themselves in human form. I have not seen one for myself though.”

The blonde, realising that the vicinity was safe, started storing away her weapon in her suitcase while keeping on with the conversation.

“I heard rumours, however, that they were looking for artifacts.”

Violet paused. It was probably the reason why Diana embarked on her personal journey. She wasn’t really sure, but she was certain the silver fox was holding onto something important from that auction…

“A piece of crystal…” the fullbringer blurted out, albeit in a form of whisper, while she was lost in her own thoughts.

“A what?”

Hyakuji heard it of course, and he could only infer that the French fullbringer was talking about the Hogyoku shard. If that was true, then this would be vital information supporting their theories earlier.

The demons definitely had something to do with it.

“A piece of crystal. It was said to be a powerful relic that can grant wishes. Though, as I have said, those were purely rumours. I have not talked to demons to confirm, and neither would I want to. They are threats, and they must be eradicated quickly, without giving them any chance to fight back or defend themselves.”

[316]

Player

Hequita Avatar

Hequita

Post by Hequita on Oct 29, 2022 3:32:04 GMT -5

Irisa Ishiwara

"Right..." Irisa muttered. She had, in fact, heard of the sightings of Hell Hounds and Sinners, much like the rest of Gotei 13 - the Shinigami were tasked to send those beings back to the dimension they belong whenever they come across any. Still, it was concerning news to hear, if the infestation of the inhabitants of Hell has become so thorough that the Fullbringers had to dedicate their efforts to patrolling cities against any of their kind, then has the seal on that dimension become much more porous than the Shinigami had realized?

And what does this have to do with the Shinigami reiatsu they experienced in the battle site in Hawaii?

Violet continued her explanation by suddenly bringing up the goal of the Demons - which she described as a piece of crystal. Much like Hyakuji, Irisa could immediately tell that she was talking about the Hogyoku, even though the Fullbringer did not mention it by name. For Violet, this was merely a rumor - and Irisa preferred it to keep it that way. There was no need for a reckless race between mortals and Shinigami for who gets control of the Hogyoku.

"That's right. The Demons seek whatever means necessary to lift the seal that was placed upon their dimension a long time ago, which would allow the entirety of their kind to freely move to the World of the Living yet again," she answered, in a teacher-like tone. "If it happens, the results would be apocalyptic. Whatever image comes to your mind when you think of "all Hell let loose", it pales in comparison to the sort of invasion that would befell the world."

After all, the fall of the Seal on Hell would also mean that all Demons can enter the mortal world in their true, incredibly more powerful forms. And billions of them? The entirety of the World of the Living and Soul Society would struggle to stop that force.

"This is the reason why me and Vice-Captain Hyakuji came here. We guess that the Demons may have acquired a new weapon, and are using it to collect the pieces of this crystal at a terrifying pace."

GAME MASTER

13th Division Captain

Muimina Hyakuji Avatar

Muimina Hyakuji

Post by Muimina Hyakuji on Nov 4, 2022 13:07:36 GMT -5

無意味な 百事
護廷十三隊 - 1st DIVISION

𝖳𝖠𝖦𝖲:

“Do you mean something greater than the time when the sky shattered like fragile glass?”

It was a very chaotic scene. Not only were the fullbringers resisting the enormous pressure as if they were being thrown out of a plane, but the hollows, the greater tainted souls from Hueco Mundo also broke in, as it seemed that the barrier amongst the different realms were shattered too.

Many lost their lives in the process, either struck by a powerful lightning or mauled by hollow beasts.

Violette even worried if Diana managed to survive the incident. Perhaps she did. Maybe she didn’t. Or she could have but some other spiritual being came and overpowered her. Just thinking about all these was pretty overwhelming.

Hyakuji could only imagine the damage Valentina had done to this world. Other than the mysterious demon who ravaged Hawaii, he could also blame her for such a massive chaos Though, really, contemplating more about it, it was Tendo and his Captain Commander that provoked such a situation.

Or probably not, if he’d analyse it further, the poor shinigami might have just been tricked by Virgil. He still had to talk with these too soon. To know the root cause.

As it seemed, the blonde fullbringer was waiting for the shinigami’s answer, thus the Vice Captain interjected…

“Probably. This new threat we’re trying to put out might be way more dangerous than what Val— I mean the Skyfall Threat you experienced a few weeks back. You see, this demon might not be an ordinary one. The traces of reiatsu they left on Hawaii was a strange one. And if he collected these powerful artifacts for himself, we don’t know what kind of deluge could be in store for us.”

As if finding clues to that last phrase the shinigami officer just said, the blonde fullbringer stood her guard, with a tougher expression on her face, “Does that mean you—-”

If the lady shinigami would not answer her, Hyakuji would confirm her suspicions saying, “Yes. We would like to ask Diana where the shard in her care is. But since she’s no longer here, we’re taking our chances by inquiring with you.”

The fullbringer, in turn, in an attempt to protect herself, sidestepped to a nearby roof, indicating that she had no intention of helping the death gods yet, “I am sorry Mr. Natsume,”

It might be confusing to Irisa at first, but it was the fake name he gave her during their first meeting. They had not introduced themselves properly the second time since she was called immediately again after dealing with the dragons with Hyakuji and Diana’s team.

“... but I was told by Diana to protect it and keep it from the hands of other races.”

As Violette prepared herself to leave, she remembered the death god’s selflessness during their skirmish with the dragons thus, turning back to facethe death gods again, she smiled confidently and remarked, “In return for your kindness the last time, however, I’ll let you in on a little secret, if you do wish to find it yourselves. It is safely stored somewhere in this country.”

If the shinigami would not do anything to stop her from leaving, they might find it difficult turning United Kingdom upside down just to search for this tiny crystal.

[561]

Player

Hequita Avatar

Hequita

Post by Hequita on Nov 5, 2022 7:27:46 GMT -5

Irisa Ishiwara

Hyakuji added to Irisa's warning by informing the Fullbringer that the threat of the Demons was even greater than that of the Living Hogyoku. Irisa wasn't sure whether she would say the same. At least, these two threats were incomparable. The Demons were a threat to the Shinigami and to much of humankind, but they would never seek the complete destruction of everything. Their goals were, in that way, more down to earth, though it did not make them less of a threat.

She wasn't sure whether Violette actually believed them. For someone who presumably knew very little about the true nature of the Demons, the warnings which the two Shinigami told her would sound like a tall tale. How much did she even trust the Shinigami, if at all? She did seem to trust Hyakuji, at least, but did that extend to the Gotei 13 at large?

After all, Violette refused to give them the location of the Hogyoku Shard, stating that it must be kept away from the other races - which included the Shinigami. At most, she left her and Hyakuji a hint that it was somewhere in this country. An entire Division would struggle to uncover the location of this Shard, a duo of Shinigami had no chance.

"This would have been so much simpler if all the Shards were simply under our custody, but oh well..." Irisa muttered with a sigh after Violette vanished, turning to Hyakuji. "I am sorry that today has had such a downer ending for you. I... doubt we're going to get any further with this investigation. Best to just return to Soul Society now, and stay vigilant so we can stop this villain next time."

This time, she was the one who began setting up the portal - using her technique to create an artificial Senkaimon that will lead them both back to Soul Society. The Gotei 13 would, presumably, have to be informed, and the other Divisions get to work to find the Shard in the United Kingdom, and the location of the other Shards as well.

The fires throughout the Academy of the Soma Clan continued to burn, fueled by warm, oceanic winds gently coming from the west. The hand of a woman in deep purple robes carefully slid through the bottom half of a perfectly sliced pillar. Content with what she witnessed, she rose to her feet and turned towards a figure in the horizon, speaking:

"Someone was here. Two Shinigami, but they too found nothing."

The woman slowly walked through the ruins, approaching the man, her boot crushing a fallen framed picture on her way, and leaving it behind with little care.

"So, the Shards really weren't here, and the Shinigami will now be on our trail. Where shall we go next, Master?"

The man was observing the slowly setting sun, his hand resting on the grip of his long sheathed Zanpakuto, fingers tapping in anticipation - eager for a chance to draw his weapon again. The girl here was no pushover, but not enough. Nowhere near enough. Hearing the woman's question, he faintly turned towards her.

"I know a place."