Sunk Costs

Player

Fullbringer

I have nothing to say.

Niji Avatar

Niji

Post by Niji on Sept 2, 2022 15:12:47 GMT -5

Continued from Underground Rules

Niji exited Takano's lab and began to walk through the forest.  She addressed the Arrancar's worry as they walked, "My concern is for both of you as individuals, but you have the wrong impression about this place. This whole underground complex, the sunmoss, the biosphere…it represents a hundred hours at most.  Over several months, I have come here for a few hours about once a week to burn off the reiryoku I have built up. I think most spiritual beings tend to either have a better way to expel their reiryoku or tend to constantly use their reserves in fights, but it matters not; this is what I do.  And, while I would be slightly annoyed if I had to abandon this location, the Earth is a very big place, and I could replicate the expenditure anywhere. In fact, there are some improvements in the process I would probably try.”

The fullbringer gave a slight shrug as they arrived at a vine-covered wall a few minutes from Takano’s laboratory. She made a slight gesture with her hands and the vines parted, the wall disappearing and opened into a tunnel in the stone. The ground shook violently under them, and a piece of the strange glowing moss descended to hover above her head, providing light in the tunnel as she entered it. ”Mister Hirai has spent at least an order of magnitude more time down here than I have; he is probably more attached to the place than I am.”

After a minute, the tunnel would enter into a large open space. The sunmoss moved back towards the ceiling, and Niji focused her reishi into it. Over the next few seconds, the sunmoss would expand and spread quickly across the roof of the area.  The light would reveal columns of rock flowing from the floor to the ceiling, as well as some that ended in platforms of various heights. The ground was made of the fine sand of pulverized rock. ”Developing the forest uses my energy effectively, but the fact is that even making something like arena uses less energy than a single attack against a strong opponent.”

She nodded at the new construction, then turned to the Arrancar and Quincy, ”Put simply, at the moment I have reiryoku to burn, and if you would like to see what I am ‘capable of in part,’ I could empower a handful of spirits that would give you something to practice against.  Perhaps it would give you both a better chance of survival in case Mister Hirai’s research encounters trouble.”

Player

What is it that makes you tick...

Lazarus Jeager Avatar

Lazarus Jeager

Post by Lazarus Jeager on Sept 2, 2022 15:51:46 GMT -5

He followed a few paces behind Gaia, scanning the terrain as they moved further from the lab and into what he assumed was Haven proper. Lazarus said nothin as she spoke about the biosphere and how it came to be, finally having confirmation that it did in fact exist in the human realm. For a handful of minutes he assumed it was between realms or mirrored a realm much like his home realm did, though the information that it merely existed somewhere on earth made it seem less mystifying. His focus was more on the fact that she was doing all of this with reishi alone, and that she had so much of it to spare that it could create something of this magnitude in such a short amount of time.

The idea of fighting spirits with even a fraction of what this person was capable of, it was more tempting than he would let himself show, though he had a safe assumption that this was going to be a trial for the both of them, more so himself than Nezuel. Of all the people in Haven currently he assumed himself the weakest, though he had no clue if Takano had been suppressing his power or not. It would be far from his first time fighting against someone stronger than himself, par for the course really, but it was more often than not a humbling experience.

As they entered what he could only guess was the arena Gaia had just made, Lazarus would scan the area slowly, taking in as much detail as possible. Everything was a learning experience if you had the right state of mind for it, and he was the type of person to take whatever he could from a fight and improve his abilities. He'd roll his shoulders and do a couple stretches to get himself loosened up, amber hues coming to rest on Gaia, speaking through the small warm up stretches.

" I'm game, I'll need all the training I can get if things go sideways in the lab, plus I've been running into powerful beings lately so it helps to know what the receiving end of that power feels like."

Player

Continuing to slaughter, kill, take. Life is to constantly sin. Life is evil itself.

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Sept 4, 2022 11:50:17 GMT -5

The underground section that Gaia had made for her release of riatsu, and Takano's researches he supposed, was much larger than what he had originally thought.  Despite bringing Lazarus to Haven he knew just about as much as the quincy when it came to how the place worked.  Perhaps that was only emphasized by the way Gaia spoke about this place as to how unimportant it was to her.  Certainly Takano had more stake in the place with the lab he had here but he hoped that the shinigami had some sort of contingency plan should the place fall...some way to get the valuable information out of the area and into a safe spot.

He had to admit, as the glowing moss moved here and there and all around them, that the powers Gaia possessed was rather wonderful.  Still, for her to do so much while not even spending as much power as a simple attack.  How strong was the woman in front of them truly...and how terrifying could she be?  For some reason, he imagined another woman just as terrifying, also holding back her true power.  He sighed then, heart doing a little leap as he prepared himself for what was ahead.

"I don't really like fighting" Nez would say, the truth of it buried deep in his blood, the whispers he often heard.  "But I admit that fighting experience is important...especially to a hollow such as I." He shook his head.  It almost seemed like she might be mocking them, fighting simple spirits instead of the warrior herself, what hope would they have if such things made of reishi and will were able to defeat them.  Perhaps it was because he was weak, the runt of the Hueco Mundo litter but...it upset him for some reason.

"When you're ready." Nez would say with a nod, taking a ready stance.

Iniative - rT|53eEH1d100
1d100

Player

Fullbringer

I have nothing to say.

Niji Avatar

Niji

Post by Niji on Sept 5, 2022 7:00:12 GMT -5

She smiled faintly at Nezuel’s hesitation, assuming it was because of the slight demonstration of her power to create this arena as they walked. ”Was this not what you had in mind about seeing me in action?"

Niji nodded at the Quincy in approval, then looked closely at both of them, taking their measure. With a nod, she began to emit a bright golden glow, and two beings manifested. In front of Nezuel, an older looking man, despite his age, he appeared ready for combat and capable. In front of Lazurus, a strange creature that appeared to be a combination of wolf and bull, with a strong body, a canine muzzle, and vicious horns.

First, Niji addressed the old man, the words coming out of her mouth were in an unfamiliar language to the Arrancar and Quincy. It simultaneously sounded natural and unearthly; a combination of guttural and ephemeral that was distinctly unusual. The old man bowed politely to her, then turned and bowed to Nezuel. She then addressed the wolf-bull, and it then turned to the Quincy and pawed the ground excitedly.

”Nezuel, your opponent will be the warrior god Futsunushi; he enjoys a good fight, and if he provides you with pointers, I would listen to them. Mister Jaeger, you will be testing the strength of my potential shinshi; he will be thinking of this as a practical interview as a messenger for me and a guardian of this place.”

Initiative - FigMgxPb1d1001d100

Player

Lazarus Jeager Avatar

Lazarus Jeager

Post by Lazarus Jeager on Sept 5, 2022 9:10:20 GMT -5

As he finished his stretches he watched the two spirits appear before them, intrigued to see that one was some hybrid of creatures unlike the man Nezuel was to fight. Lazarus would nod to Gaia respectfully, and then turn his attention fully to the beast before him. There was a change in his demeanor as he focused in on his opponent, the normally warm amber eyes looking colder, scanning the beast over up and down slowly. Being someone who wanted to talk out a situation when possible, others of his race would always assume him a coward, or someone how was just weak and couldn't fight for himself. Neither of those were true facts, he simply wished for a different way, not locked into the constant need for battle like everyone else seemed to be. That aside, his nose had been in hundreds of fighting literature, from strategy to combat skill, all so that when talking wasn't an option he knew how to get the best chance at survival.

Unlike the arrancar, he wasn't as capable with bare fists, and so he would employ the ambient reishi around them to summon his weapons of choice. Holding both arms out, his palms and drawing in what was assumed to be mostly Gaia's expended reishi, two weapons would come to appear. In his left hand he held a straight sword, the reishi so densely compacted that it almost appeared real. In his right hand would be small hand bow, his index and middle finger on the top half, ring and pinky finger on the lower half. It was designed in such a way that his thumb was to pull back the string, allowing rapid succession fire without the need for his other hand, something he had come up with after countless hours of losing with just a bow.

"Let us begin then..."

hoNn6TE21d1001d100

Player

Continuing to slaughter, kill, take. Life is to constantly sin. Life is evil itself.

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Sept 5, 2022 9:54:13 GMT -5

It was...curious how Gaia managed to summon such spirits.  She had called Nezuel's opponent a warrior god and he had to admit that apart from him he thought had been dead was offended at the idea.  Perhaps it meant something akin to the kami, the words similar but different in functionality to the gods of the more western religions.  Perhaps Gaia thought higher of him, the stronger between the two to summon a warrior capable of giving advice, if he so deigned.  Still, the spar they were about to have served the purpose of making them all stronger, learning more.  Perhaps Gaia hadn't fought someone whose combat style was around draining reishi....or perhaps she had, it mattered little to him.

Nezuel opened himself to the reishi of the area, finding the many souls at his command hungry and hoping for an end of the starvation he forced upon them.  He could feel them, feel him, pounding at the gates, trying to bubble up to the surface.  He'd have to be careful here, careful to keep this as a spar and not the death match that would happen should he let him out here of all places.

Nez nodded his head at the warrior spirit.  "I greet you, Futsunushi, I hope you can teach me well." his eyes glanced to Gaia.  "But as I said earlier, I don't like to fight for nothing, why don't we put something on the outcome, some skin in the game?" He smiled over at Laz, the conversation and deal he'd offer something the quincy boy had heard before.

Player

Fullbringer

I have nothing to say.

Niji Avatar

Niji

Post by Niji on Sept 6, 2022 10:32:51 GMT -5

As Nezuel flashed a smile at Lazarus, a blade slashed past his chest. Futsunushi smiled calmly, his blade already back in the sheath. His voice was harsh and hard, reminiscent of clashing metal, ”She is not your opponent today, Nezuel, I am.”

Niji, for her part, had already created a small chair out of stone and was sitting in a relaxed pose, her energy washing over the area like a physical pressure on the combatants. She offered the Arrancar a slight shrug, then nodded at the kami that had come to meet her request.  From how she was apparently relaxing in the chair, she was not planning on any sort of direct intervention herself.

The shinshi gave an excited huff, then spoke in a sonorous baritone that did not sound like it should come from the strange wolf-like muzzle, ”Yes, let us begin. Please let me know if I am too rough, Mister Jaeger.” The creature pawed at the ground, then rapidly charged at the Quincy, aiming to gore the man with one of its wickedly sharp horns.

The warrior god kept his eyes locked on the Arrancar, and his hands rested on his blade, ”In earnest, then." And drew his blade again in a flash of steel.

SUMMARY
Defense Summary:

Offense Summary:
21 Direct Damage to Nezuel
87 Accuracy, 14 Damage attack to Nezuel and Lazarus -5 Reishi and -5 RL if it connects

HP is 75 (75)
Reishi is 186 (200 - 10 (ST) - 10 (ST) + 6 (TU))

Niji has Titanic Edge 4 on Nezuel and Lazarus: +40 Def, +40 Accuracy, +12 Damage, 12 DR
Niji is reducing her base stats to 0 reflexes, 0 focus (1d4) and 10 fighting

Base Defense vs Nezuel and Lazarus is 90
Base Accuracy vs Nezuel and Lazarus is 50

At-Will:
Talented: Summon Thrall
Sudden Slash: (Thrall Attack x2)
_0UCrfm91d121d12

Bonus Action:
Summon Thrall

Standard Action:
Summon Thrall

Standard Action:
Spirit Assault (Titan Strike)
1d100+60
1d4+10 Damage
-5 Reishi, -5% Reiatsu Level

ACTIVE EFFECTS
Buffs
Summon Thrall - Indefinite until 1
Summon Thrall - Indefinite until 1

Debuffs

USES
Bandage - 0/1
Invigorate - 0//4
Sense - 0/3

Speed Clones - 0/2 (Move Tech)
Utsusemi - 0/1 (Move Tech)
Bakudo 12 - 0/2
Bakudo 7 - 0/1 Self
Ningyo Joruri - 0/1
Bakudo 9 - 0/2
Bakudo 22 - 0/2
Bakudo 27 - 0/2

Bakudo 73 - 0/1 Utility, 0/1 Defense
Thousand Page Wholesale - 0/2
Raioken - 0/2
Summon Thrall - 2/1

Soul Trigger - 0/1

Time Shift - 0/3
Illusion - 0/1

Genius - 0/3
Talented - 1/1
Assault - 0/2
Surge - 0/3
Blur - 0/4

CLASS - Prodigy - Titan
ADEPT
Your natural Skill cap of 50 is increased to 60 and you start with +10 to one Skill of your choice.

GENIUS
Start with the Enhanced Basic Techniques/Spells; Focus Energy and Invigorate. Also, three times per battle, you can use Focus Energy or Invigorate as an At-Will action.

UNBRIDLED
The standard Reishi cap is lifted. (You may now gain an unlimited amount of Reishi.) Also, you gain +3 Reishi at the end of each turn per each foe you are fighting. (For example, in a 1v3, you would regain +9 Reishi.) Also, as a passive effect, as long as you remain at 50% HP or above, you gain the advantages of EDGE 2 against all foes, regardless of Reiatsu Levels. Alternatively, if you already have EDGE advantage (above EDGE 2) while above 50% HP, that advantage is now doubled.

OPPRESSIVE REIATSU
As a passive effect, your basic Strikes become area attacks and add the Bashing Major Effect. All other area attacks gain +10 accuracy and the Bashing Major Effect as well. Additionally, on a turn in which you use Invigorate, your Techs/Spells ignore 3 of their target’s DR; increase the amount of DR ignored by +3 per opponent in your current thread beyond the first. (3 DR ignored 1v1, 6 DR ignored 1v2, 9 DR ignored 1v3, etc)

TRAITS
Cleverness You have a passive +15% bonus to inflict a status effect from any source.

Assault - As an at-will action, roll two d100s for each accuracy roll you make with any Non-Basic Attack. Use the better of the two rolls for each.

Surge - As an at-will action, you add an extra set of additional damage die with a value of 2d12 for Non-Basic Attacks and 1d12 for Basic Attacks with each attack you make. (3/thread)

Blur - As a passive effect you can use one Movement Tech as an at-will action on your turn. (4/thread)

Tempered - Your 1st Release Stage is always active, meaning you bypass the minimum post prerequisite that prevents you from using it at the beginning of the thread. You are still prevented from using your 2nd or Final Releases until the minimum post count has been met.

Talented - As an at-will action choose one Non-Forbidden Tech or Spell you've learned. You gain an extra use of it and it doesn't count against any other kinds of usage limits imposed upon it.

TECHNIQUES
SPEED CLONES - 0/2
Type: Defense - Hohō Art
Action: Bonus Action - Reactive
Effect: As a bonus action, you avoid all direct damage that would have been dealt to you during your turn.
Cost: 5 Reishi

UTSUSEMI - 0/1
Effect: As a bonus action, you avoid two non-critical attacks that would have hit you during your turn. Considered a Movement Technique.
Cost: 10 Reishi

BAKUDŌ #12: YŪGURE NO MANTO (DUSK CLOAK) - 0/2
Type: Defense - Kido Spell
Activate: At-Will - Reactive
Effect: As an at-will action you are immune to newly applied non-special status effects and negate the damage bonus from critical hits during your turn. Does not remove status effects you have been previously afflicted with.

BAKUDŌ #7: KEIKATSU (OPENING REVIVAL) - 0/1
Type: Utility - Kido Healing Spell
Activate: At-Will
Effect: As an at-will action you restore 30 HP to self or a comrade.
Special Effect: You can spend an extra 5 Reishi to grant a 40% chance to apply the special status Mend to your target. Mend increases total healing from this spell to 60 HP instead of 30. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%.
Limit: Once per target.

NINGYŌ JŌRURI (PUPPET THEATER)
Type: Bonus Action
Action: Utility
Effect: As a bonus action you have a 60% chance to inflict the special Manipulated status on your target. The user declares a Standard or Advanced technique/spell (excluding any Forbidden or Release techs/spells) that the target knows and takes no more than a standard or bonus action to use. The target is then forced to use this technique/spell on their next turn. Cannot be used in conjunction with the standard tech Holy Slave on the same turn.
Cost: 10 Reishi.

BAKUDŌ #9: GEKI (STRIKE) - 0/2
Type: Utility
Activate: Bonus Action
Effect: As a bonus action you have a 70% chance to inflict the special Enthralled status on your target. Enthralled targets have one of their Standard Actions reduced to a Bonus Action for the duration. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%.
Duration: 1 turn
Cost: 5 Reishi.

BAKUDŌ #22: HAKUFUKU (WHITE CRAWL) 0/2
Effect: As a bonus action you have a 80% chance to inflict the Stagger status on your target and upon infliction it deals a 3d6 worth of direct damage. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%
Limit: Twice per battle.

BAKUDŌ #27: INEMURI (FORCED SLUMBER) - 0/2
You quickly hold your hand in front of your enemy’s face as their pupils dilate before they fall unconscious.
Effect: As a bonus action you have a 60% chance to inflict two stacks of the Blind status on your target. Upon infliction it also deals 1d8 direct damage The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%.

BAKUDŌ #73: TOZANSHŌ (INVERSE MOUNTAIN CRYSTAL)
Type: Defense / Utility
Activate: Bonus Action - Reactive
Effect: As a reactive bonus action, you either create a barrier that protects you and up to 2 allies against all non-critical attacks from your foe(s) OR as a regular bonus action you can trap your foe inside an enclosure with 10 HP. While trapped, your opponent cannot make any attacks against you but also cannot be targeted until they break free. While trapped your foe will be cut off from the outside. None of their techs/spells will affect anyone outside of it. This spell has 0 defense (auto-hit), and is unaffected by Edge of either the caster or the target.
Cost: 20 Reishi
Limit: Once per battle as a defense and once as a utility. Cannot use both on the same turn.

RAIŌKEN (THUNDER KING FIST)
Type: Attack - Barrage
Action: Standard
Effect: As a standard action, you make a barrage attack with 4 dmg dice that deals the Overwhelm major effect.
Special Effect: Treat this Barrage like an area attack that also deals the Spread major effect.
Cost: 25 Reishi

SENMAIOROSHI (THOUSAND-PAGE WHOLESALE)
In a blur of motion, you make multiple extremely fast slashes that shred your target to pieces.
Effect: As a standard action, you make a barrage attack with 4 dmg dice that deals the Slashing major effect.
Special Effect: For an extra cost of 10 Reishi, you may add the Delay major effect to each attack.

Summon Thrall
Action: Bonus / At-Will
Effect: As a bonus action summon your thrall. As an at-will action, on your turn, the thrall can deal 1d12 direct damage to a target. If the thrall rolls a 1 on the the 1d12 they break free of your control and leave combat. Alternatively, as an at-will action you can order your thrall to sacrifice themselves and negate 15 damage from an attack that hits you. This removes them from combat.
Limit: Once per battle to summon. At-Wills have unlimited use.

Blood Offering - SOUL TRIGGER
Type: Utility (Considered a Forbidden Technique)
Effect: You regain 20 Reishi at the time of use and increase your Base Reiatsu Level by 50%. Additionally, for the duration, increase your Damage Tier with all attacks by +2 and your Defense by +15. On the turn after the end of the duration, you will be temporarily Exhausted for 1 turn.
Duration: 4 turns
Cost: 10 HP
Limit: Once per battle.

RELEASE
AREA, SLASHING
Activate: Standard Action
Cost: 20
Effect: 4 Damage Dice, crits on 75+, +4 damage on a crit
Titan and Area Attack includes +10 accuracy, 5 reishi drain, and -5% Base RL.

Stage 1 (Wish Granted) - Lost Spirits
Effect: As an at-will action, you roll a 1d35. On your next turn, you may use the Release Tech that corresponds to the number you rolled, bypassing any prerequisites. You only have access to the rolled Tech for that one turn. You may only use one release technique at a time, but otherwise you can use it as normal. Each different type of release technique can only be used once per thread. If you roll the same one twice, the second time the effect fizzles out and produces nothing. If you roll a 31-34, you get no ability to use that turn. If you roll at 35 you cannot use this power at all for the remainder of combat.
Cost: Same cost as whichever tech is rolled.
Consequence: If you choose Gamble, you may not pick a 2nd Release defense/utility tech but you can still pick your own release attack techniques. Gamble will be your only utility/defense release technique.
Limit: Indefinite, but only one type of each Release per combat.

Stage 1 - Pact: The Kami
TIME SHIFT
Effects: As an at-will action you gain either an additional standard action or an additional bonus action on your turn. Max of one extra Standard Action per turn can be gained via Time Shift or Clone.
Limit: Three times per battle.

EFFICIENT
Activate: None (Passive)
Effect: As a passive effect, your Releases now costs -2 less Reishi to maintain per turn.
Limit: Indefinite.

Stage 2 - Pact: The Fair Folk
ILLUSION
Effect: As a bonus action, you have a 60% chance to inflict the special Deceived status effect on your foe. While Deceived any at-will actions they use require a bonus action and any bonus actions they use require a standard action for the duration.
Duration: 4 turns.

DEVASTATING
Effect: As a passive effect your Release Attacks deal an extra +10 bonus damage when you score a critical hit.

RESTORING
Effect: As a passive effect any attack that hits you siphons -2 HP from the attacker while you are in your Released state.

REIATSU: 530,000 EFFECTIVE: 1,060,000
REIATSU: HP: 75/75 | REISHI: 186/200| DEF:50| DMG DIE: 1d4 | ACC: +10
1d12·1d12·1d100+60·1d4+10
Last Edit: Sept 6, 2022 10:35:39 GMT -5 by Niji

Player

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Sept 6, 2022 17:44:28 GMT -5

Nez took a step back as the kami spirit drew his sword the first time. The blow was strong, but his hierro combined with the intuitive movement of the step back, something he hadn't even been thinking of, saved him from quite a bit of the damage. He pressed a finger to the small line of red, the wound minor in the grand scheme of things. He had taken several notes from his most recent combats, stronger foes mostly. It seemed common that one would run out of time in the battle by the simple accumulation of wounds...so he had developed a way to heal himself. It wasn't time for that, of course, but he had it in reserve.

He glanced over at Lazarus. "Although we both have foes we should treat them as the same opponent, I'll try to limit their attacks for now, then create an opening for you." He gave the quincy a smile as the sound of static filled the air, the second strike from the warrior spirit missing its intended mark as Nezuel appeared behind him. He gently laid a hand on the spirit's shoulder as he fell from his high speed movement, hair still flipping about. "BAKUDŌ #22: HAKUFUKU" He'd say, then retreting by kicking off the ground when his feet touched it.

He was curious, then, how such a kido might affect the spirits infront of them. Would one be affected, as common logic would dictate, or did they share a deeper connection?

COMBAT TRACKER
SUMMARY
11 damage to Nezuel
13 reishi used
At-Will:

Bonus Action: RAPID MOVEMENT (SHUNPO / SONIDO / HIRENKYAKU / BRINGER LIGHT) -10 reishi

Standard Action: GUARD - 5 reishi

Standard Action: BAKUDŌ #22: HAKUFUKU (WHITE CRAWL) -1 reishi
qxy5LDGp1d100<95 to inflict stagger
3d6 direct damage if stagger is inflicted

ACTIVE EFFECTS

CLASS Caster
ATTUNED: As a passive effect, your max Reishi is increased by 50, you regain 3 Reishi at the end of your turn, and all non-basic Kido spells cost -5 less Reishi.
POTENT: You start with the Enhanced Byakurai Basic Attack Spell and the cost is reduced to 6 Reishi.
TRAITS
INDOMITABLE: You gain +3 Damage Reduction (DR) per attack on your turn.
REBUKE: As an at-will effect when hit with any attack, you deal Reishi drain back to the attacker equal to the lowest rolled natural dice of the attack that hit you
TECHNIQUES
REIRYOKU ABSORPTION: As an at-will action, choose two attacks that hit you during your turn. Siphon 3 Reishi from the attacker per damage die rolled on each attack. (2/3) -0 reishi

SPELLS
BAKUDŌ #41: KYŌMON (MIRROR GATE): As a bonus action, you avoid all but the highest rolled natural damage die from one non-critical attack that hit you. You deal the highest natural damage die back to the attacker as direct damage. If the attack would inflict a non-special status, you instead inflict that status back onto your opponent. No roll necessary. (1/2) -5 Reishi
BAKUDŌ #33: SŌEIGEKI (BLUE SLEET ATTACK): As a bonus action you have a 80% chance to inflict two stacks of the Cripple status effect on your target. Also inflicts a stack of special status effect Frostbite. Frostbite drains for 5 Reishi per turn and lasts for two more turns after Cripple is removed. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%. (2/2) -1 Reishi
BAKUDŌ #22: HAKUFUKU (WHITE CRAWL): As a bonus action you have a 80% chance to inflict the Stagger status on your target and upon infliction it deals a 3d6 worth of direct damage. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95% (1/2) -1 Reishi
BAKUDŌ #52: GENSHITSU (PHANTOM PAIN): As bonus action you can inflict all of the non-special status effects you currently suffer from onto a foe of choice. Inherits the exact duration and other modifiers added to the status effect. It is automatically inflicted, no chance roll necessary. You cannot use Phantom Pain in response to a foe's use of Phantom Pain to then send those status effects back to them. (1/1) -1 reishi
BAKUDŌ #39: ENKŌSEN (ROTATING LOCK FAN) : As a bonus action you negate half the damage from two attacks that hit you during your turn (even critical hits.) (2/2) -10 reishi
BAKUDŌ #4: HAINAWA (CRAWLING ROPE): As a bonus action, you have an 80% chance to inflict two stacks of the Immobilize status on your target. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%. (2/2) 1 reishi
BAKUDŌ #7: KEIKATSU (OPENING REVIVAL): As an at-will action you restore 30 HP to self or a comrade. This is considered a Healing Technique (1/1)

ADVANCED SPELLS
HADŌ #70: SEISHIN MOKUHYŌ (SPIRIT TARGETING) As an at-will action, you convert one attack this turn into a Spirit Targeting attack. Spirit Targeting attacks are auto-hit and do not require an accuracy roll but do not deal HP damage or have secondary effects (major or minor) applied to the attack. The attack instead deals reishi drain equal to half the rolled damage. Spirit Targeting attacks cannot be mitigated via armor or DR effects. (3/3) 0 reishi
BAKUDŌ #61: RIKUJŌKŌRŌ (SIX-ROD LIGHT PRISON) As a bonus action, you have an 60% chance to inflict the special Pinned status on your foe. While pinned, your opponent must spend both of their next standard actions to break free. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%. (1/1) 10 Reishi
BAKUDŌ #73: TOZANSHŌ (INVERSE MOUNTAIN CRYSTAL) As a reactive bonus action, you either create a barrier that protects you and up to 2 allies against all non-critical attacks from your foe(s) OR as a regular bonus action you can trap your foe inside an enclosure. They are then forced to spend a Standard Action on their turn to break free. (2/2) 15 reishi

RELEASE

REIATSU: 172,000
HP: 69/80 | REISHI: 217/230 | DEF: 80 | DMG DIE: d11 | ACC: +35
1d100·3d6

Player

Lazarus Jeager Avatar

Lazarus Jeager

Post by Lazarus Jeager on Sept 7, 2022 8:34:03 GMT -5

While Nezuel seemed to have an easier time moving through the blanket of reiatsu weighing on them, Lazarus was noticeably slower, his own movements not so flashy. He would use hirenkyaku to move at a speed that would allow him to evade the offending horn, however he only moved a marginal distance to the side, his blade coming up to block and guide the horn away with a parry. there had only been a few times when a reiatsu of this weight had come upon him, it was like a weighted blanket you didn't want to be wearing, all but suffocating if you weren't careful. As much as he wanted to hold a conversation with the spirit, or Nezuel with his strategy, Lazarus needed to focus more so on the beast's attacks in order to stay uninjured.

"Let's see what sticks..."

More so softly spoken to himself, but the plan was to see what kind of damage would be best used, and how much of it would be needed to bring the beast to its knees if possible. He muttered something under his breathe and snapped his fingers just under the beasts neck, sparks dancing from his the tips as he took a handful of steps back. With the same hand, the one holding the sword, he pointed out his index finger. From it a single beam of near white energy would spark out, aimed at the beasts right leg in an attempt to slow it down. If his first spell took, it would provide a lingering effect to damage the beast, if the second spell met it's mark it would do a more physical kind of damage. All of this done to test which was more effective, and what would be the decision of how to continue the battle.

COMBAT TRACKER

SUMMARY

77 Accuracy, 17 Damage if it connects
Kare roll: 71, Miss 
Rapid Movement: Defense up to 95 from 80.

At-Will: Technique

Bonus Action:

Reactive

Rapid Movement

+15 Def

Cost: 9 Reishi

Standard Action: Attack Name - Effects |

Byakruai

Acc - qOt26gtT1d100+45

Dmg - 2d10 If successful

Cost - 5 Reishi

Standard Action:

Hado 4 - Kare

Effect: As a standard action you have a 45% chance to inflict one stack of one of the following effects on the target: cripple, stun, immobilize, stagger, wound, burn, or poison. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%.

Cost: 4 Reishi

Effect chance 1d100 success if < 45%

Status Effect: Burn

ACTIVE EFFECTS

CLASS

Caster

TRAITS

ATTUNED

As a passive effect, your max Reishi is increased by 50, you regain 3 Reishi at the end of your turn, and all non-basic Kido spells cost -5 less Reishi.

POTENT

You start with the Enhanced Byakurai Basic Attack Spell and the cost is reduced to 6 Reishi. (3/3 uses remaining)

Efficiency

Effect: Your Basic Techs & Spells cost -1 less Reishi | Standard Techs & Spells cost -2 less Reishi | Release, Advanced, & Forbidden Techs/Spells cost -3 less Reishi. The minimum cost for any Tech or Spell (whose base cost is not already 0) is 1 Reishi.

TECHNIQUES

REIRYOKU ABSORPTION

As an at-will action, siphon 10 Reishi from any foe(s) for each time they hit you with an attack and reduce your HP.

SPELLS

BAKUDO #14: SHIMOKU

As a bonus action all Basic Attacks you use have a 50% chance to inflict your choice of Wound, Burn, or Poison status for the duration.

BAKUDO #33: SOEIGEK

As a bonus action you have a 80% chance to inflict two stacks of the Cripple status effect on your target. Also inflicts a stack of special status effect Frostbite.

RELEASE

REIATSU: 87,000

HP: 85/85 | REISHI: 132/150 | DEF: 80 | DMG DIE: d10 | ACC: +45
1d100+45·2d10·1d100
Last Edit: Sept 7, 2022 8:44:36 GMT -5 by Lazarus Jeager

Player

Fullbringer

I have nothing to say.

Niji Avatar

Niji

Post by Niji on Sept 8, 2022 9:10:59 GMT -5

The old man grunted as Nezuel’s kido took effect, but he was quick to return with his own slash, following up into a strange maneuver which seemed to reflect more light than should have been possible directly into his eyes, attempting to temporarily blind and distract the Arrancar before his next volley.

Similarly, the shinshi was not about to let the Quincy get off a close range spell with no retaliation, and the wolf-like muzzle bit at the man’s hand as he jumped away. The energy blast missed the leg and took the bull in the side, causing a slow trickle of thick golden liquid to leak from the wound.

Niji watched curiously; this was still early in the conflict, and everyone was attempting to get the measure of the other. The sneak attack from Futsunushi surprised her a bit, but the kami had wanted to get Nezuel’s attention. It seemed to have worked. It seemed that the Arrancar was also more open to flexibility on who fought who, though it seemed Lazarus was focused on just the shinshi and determine its weaknesses.

The warrior god and the messenger spirit closed the distance with their opponents and attacked with another sweep of blade and horn.

SUMMARY
Defense Summary:
Niji is inflicted with stagger
Niji takes 13 direct damage from Nezuel, reduced to 1 via DR
Niji takes 17 direct damage from Lazarus, reduced to 5 via DR

Offense Summary:
4 direct damage to Nezuel
6 direct damage to Lazarus
Bakudo #27 Unsuccessful
125 accuracy attack for 15 damage to both Nezuel and Lazarus
  -5 reishi and -5% RL if not dodged

HP is 69 (75 - 1 - 5)
Reishi is 211 (186 + 6 (TU) + 25 (IN) - 10 (SS) - 5 (#27))

Niji has Titanic Edge 4 on Nezuel and Lazarus: +40 Def, +40 Accuracy, +12 Damage, 12 DR
Niji is reducing her base stats to 0 reflexes, 0 focus (1d4) and 10 fighting

Base Defense vs Nezuel and Lazarus is 90
Base Accuracy vs Nezuel and Lazarus is 50

At-Will:
Quick Slash - Thrall Attack m2Jbioxa1d12 direct damage to Nezuel
Quick Nip - Thrall Attack 1d12 direct damage to Lazarus

Bonus Action:
Invigorate

Standard Action:
Gleaming Steel - BAKUDŌ #27 at Nezuel
1d100 > 75 to inflict two turns of blind
1d8 Direct Damage

Standard Action:
The Thick of Combat - Titan AoE Strike
1d100+60
1d4+12
-5 reishi and -5% RL if the attack connects

ACTIVE EFFECTS
Buffs

Debuffs
Stagger - Final Turn

USES
Bandage - 0/1
Invigorate - 1//4
Sense - 0/3

Bakudo 12 - 0/2
Bakudo 7 - 0/1 Self
Ningyo Joruri - 0/1
Bakudo 9 - 0/2
Bakudo 22 - 0/2
Bakudo 27 - 1/2

Raioken - 0/2
Summon Thrall - 0/1

Soul Trigger - 0/1

Time Shift - 0/3
Illusion - 0/1

Genius - 0/3
Talented - 1/1
Assault - 0/2
Surge - 0/3
Blur - 0/4

CLASS - Prodigy - Titan
ADEPT
Your natural Skill cap of 50 is increased to 60 and you start with +10 to one Skill of your choice.

GENIUS
Start with the Enhanced Basic Techniques/Spells; Focus Energy and Invigorate. Also, three times per battle, you can use Focus Energy or Invigorate as an At-Will action.

UNBRIDLED
The standard Reishi cap is lifted. (You may now gain an unlimited amount of Reishi.) Also, you gain +3 Reishi at the end of each turn per each foe you are fighting. (For example, in a 1v3, you would regain +9 Reishi.) Also, as a passive effect, as long as you remain at 50% HP or above, you gain the advantages of EDGE 2 against all foes, regardless of Reiatsu Levels. Alternatively, if you already have EDGE advantage (above EDGE 2) while above 50% HP, that advantage is now doubled.

OPPRESSIVE REIATSU
As a passive effect, your basic Strikes become area attacks and add the Bashing Major Effect. All other area attacks gain +10 accuracy and the Bashing Major Effect as well. Additionally, on a turn in which you use Invigorate, your Techs/Spells ignore 3 of their target’s DR; increase the amount of DR ignored by +3 per opponent in your current thread beyond the first. (3 DR ignored 1v1, 6 DR ignored 1v2, 9 DR ignored 1v3, etc)

TRAITS
Cleverness You have a passive +15% bonus to inflict a status effect from any source.

Assault - As an at-will action, roll two d100s for each accuracy roll you make with any Non-Basic Attack. Use the better of the two rolls for each.

Surge - As an at-will action, you add an extra set of additional damage die with a value of 2d12 for Non-Basic Attacks and 1d12 for Basic Attacks with each attack you make. (3/thread)

Blur - As a passive effect you can use one Movement Tech as an at-will action on your turn. (4/thread)

Tempered - Your 1st Release Stage is always active, meaning you bypass the minimum post prerequisite that prevents you from using it at the beginning of the thread. You are still prevented from using your 2nd or Final Releases until the minimum post count has been met.

Talented - As an at-will action choose one Non-Forbidden Tech or Spell you've learned. You gain an extra use of it and it doesn't count against any other kinds of usage limits imposed upon it.

TECHNIQUES
SPEED CLONES - 0/2
Effect: As a bonus action, you avoid all direct damage that would have been dealt to you during your turn.

UTSUSEMI - 0/1
Effect: As a bonus action, you avoid two non-critical attacks that would have hit you during your turn. Considered a Movement Technique.

Effect: As an at-will action you are immune to newly applied non-special status effects and negate the damage bonus from critical hits during your turn. Does not remove status effects you have been previously afflicted with.

Special Effect: You can spend an extra 5 Reishi to grant a 40% chance to apply the special status Mend to your target. Mend increases total healing from this spell to 60 HP instead of 30. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%.

Effect: As a bonus action you have a 60% chance to inflict the special Manipulated status on your target. The user declares a Standard or Advanced technique/spell (excluding any Forbidden or Release techs/spells) that the target knows and takes no more than a standard or bonus action to use. The target is then forced to use this technique/spell on their next turn. Cannot be used in conjunction with the standard tech Holy Slave on the same turn.

Effect: As a bonus action you have a 70% chance to inflict the special Enthralled status on your target. Enthralled targets have one of their Standard Actions reduced to a Bonus Action for the duration. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%.

Effect: As a bonus action you have a 80% chance to inflict the Stagger status on your target and upon infliction it deals a 3d6 worth of direct damage. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%

You quickly hold your hand in front of your enemy’s face as their pupils dilate before they fall unconscious.
Effect: As a bonus action you have a 60% chance to inflict two stacks of the Blind status on your target. Upon infliction it also deals 1d8 direct damage The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%.

Effect: As a reactive bonus action, you either create a barrier that protects you and up to 2 allies against all non-critical attacks from your foe(s) OR as a regular bonus action you can trap your foe inside an enclosure with 10 HP. While trapped, your opponent cannot make any attacks against you but also cannot be targeted until they break free. While trapped your foe will be cut off from the outside. None of their techs/spells will affect anyone outside of it. This spell has 0 defense (auto-hit), and is unaffected by Edge of either the caster or the target.
Limit: Once per battle as a defense and once as a utility. Cannot use both on the same turn.

Effect: As a standard action, you make a barrage attack with 4 dmg dice that deals the Overwhelm major effect.
Special Effect: Treat this Barrage like an area attack that also deals the Spread major effect.

In a blur of motion, you make multiple extremely fast slashes that shred your target to pieces.
Effect: As a standard action, you make a barrage attack with 4 dmg dice that deals the Slashing major effect.
Special Effect: For an extra cost of 10 Reishi, you may add the Delay major effect to each attack.

Summon Thrall
Effect: As a bonus action summon your thrall. As an at-will action, on your turn, the thrall can deal 1d12 direct damage to a target. If the thrall rolls a 1 on the the 1d12 they break free of your control and leave combat. Alternatively, as an at-will action you can order your thrall to sacrifice themselves and negate 15 damage from an attack that hits you. This removes them from combat.

Effect: You regain 20 Reishi at the time of use and increase your Base Reiatsu Level by 50%. Additionally, for the duration, increase your Damage Tier with all attacks by +2 and your Defense by +15. On the turn after the end of the duration, you will be temporarily Exhausted for 1 turn.

RELEASE
AREA, SLASHING

Effect: As an at-will action, you roll a 1d35. On your next turn, you may use the Release Tech that corresponds to the number you rolled, bypassing any prerequisites. You only have access to the rolled Tech for that one turn. You may only use one release technique at a time, but otherwise you can use it as normal. Each different type of release technique can only be used once per thread. If you roll the same one twice, the second time the effect fizzles out and produces nothing. If you roll a 31-34, you get no ability to use that turn. If you roll at 35 you cannot use this power at all for the remainder of combat.
Consequence: If you choose Gamble, you may not pick a 2nd Release defense/utility tech but you can still pick your own release attack techniques. Gamble will be your only utility/defense release technique.

TIME SHIFT
Effects: As an at-will action you gain either an additional standard action or an additional bonus action on your turn. Max of one extra Standard Action per turn can be gained via Time Shift or Clone.

EFFICIENT
Effect: As a passive effect, your Releases now costs -2 less Reishi to maintain per turn.

ILLUSION
Effect: As a bonus action, you have a 60% chance to inflict the special Deceived status effect on your foe. While Deceived any at-will actions they use require a bonus action and any bonus actions they use require a standard action for the duration.

DEVASTATING
Effect: As a passive effect your Release Attacks deal an extra +10 bonus damage when you score a critical hit.

RESTORING
Effect: As a passive effect any attack that hits you siphons -2 HP from the attacker while you are in your Released state.

REIATSU: 530,000 EFFECTIVE: 1,060,000
HP: 69/75 | REISHI: 211/200| DEF:50| DMG DIE: 1d4 | ACC: +10

1d12·1d12·1d100·1d8·1d100+60·1d4+12
Last Edit: Sept 8, 2022 10:20:40 GMT -5 by Niji

Player

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Sept 8, 2022 15:26:17 GMT -5

The enemies before them seemed completely unaffected by their efforts to defeat them. It didn't seem to matter that he went after their reserves, since it seemed limitless, didn't matter if he tried to hurt them since his attacks, even if they were near perfect, didn't penetrate their skin or armor. His mind flashed back to a blond hair shinigami and a barrier of kido he had barely managed to pierce. There was very little he could do in a situation like this and only two thoughts came to mind.

The spirit's attempt to blind him was unsuccessful but both of his attack landed. The arrancar had managed to bring up both of his arms to block one of the strikes but even that made it through his hierro seemingly completely ignoring it. He held up his hand at the spirit, sending out a flash of ice and flower petals as he backed up from the spirit as far as he could. He felt his blood leaking down to the floor below, his eyes dropping to inspect the wound on himself versus the wound on the spirit.

"It seems evident that your spirits are beyond our abilities." Nez would say, moving from a readied position to a neautal one. "In this sort of battle I would seek to escape first, if possible. Since it isn't possible in this conflict then that leaves us with one other alternative." He held up his hands. "I surrender."

COMBAT TRACKER
SUMMARY
-9 reishi
12 damage

10 direct damage down to 0
stagger inflicted
2 stacks of cripple inflicted
1 stack of frostbite inflicted
3 reishi drain
At-Will: REBUKE

Bonus Action: Guard -5 reishi

Standard Action: BAKUDŌ #33: SŌEIGEKI (BLUE SLEET ATTACK) -1 reishi
rv0q6mxi1d100<95 to inflict 2 stacks of cripple and 1 stack of frostbite.

Standard Action: BAKUDŌ #22: HAKUFUKU (WHITE CRAWL) -1 reishi
1d100<95 to inflict stagger
3d6 direct damage if stagger is inflicted

ACTIVE EFFECTS

CLASS Caster
ATTUNED: As a passive effect, your max Reishi is increased by 50, you regain 3 Reishi at the end of your turn, and all non-basic Kido spells cost -5 less Reishi.
POTENT: You start with the Enhanced Byakurai Basic Attack Spell and the cost is reduced to 6 Reishi.
TRAITS
INDOMITABLE: You gain +3 Damage Reduction (DR) per attack on your turn.
REBUKE: As an at-will effect when hit with any attack, you deal Reishi drain back to the attacker equal to the lowest rolled natural dice of the attack that hit you
TECHNIQUES
REIRYOKU ABSORPTION: As an at-will action, choose two attacks that hit you during your turn. Siphon 3 Reishi from the attacker per damage die rolled on each attack. (2/3) -0 reishi

SPELLS
BAKUDŌ #41: KYŌMON (MIRROR GATE): As a bonus action, you avoid all but the highest rolled natural damage die from one non-critical attack that hit you. You deal the highest natural damage die back to the attacker as direct damage. If the attack would inflict a non-special status, you instead inflict that status back onto your opponent. No roll necessary. (1/2) -5 Reishi
BAKUDŌ #33: SŌEIGEKI (BLUE SLEET ATTACK): As a bonus action you have a 80% chance to inflict two stacks of the Cripple status effect on your target. Also inflicts a stack of special status effect Frostbite. Frostbite drains for 5 Reishi per turn and lasts for two more turns after Cripple is removed. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%. (1/2) -1 Reishi
BAKUDŌ #22: HAKUFUKU (WHITE CRAWL): As a bonus action you have a 80% chance to inflict the Stagger status on your target and upon infliction it deals a 3d6 worth of direct damage. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95% (0/2) -1 Reishi
BAKUDŌ #52: GENSHITSU (PHANTOM PAIN): As bonus action you can inflict all of the non-special status effects you currently suffer from onto a foe of choice. Inherits the exact duration and other modifiers added to the status effect. It is automatically inflicted, no chance roll necessary. You cannot use Phantom Pain in response to a foe's use of Phantom Pain to then send those status effects back to them. (1/1) -1 reishi
BAKUDŌ #39: ENKŌSEN (ROTATING LOCK FAN) : As a bonus action you negate half the damage from two attacks that hit you during your turn (even critical hits.) (2/2) -10 reishi
BAKUDŌ #4: HAINAWA (CRAWLING ROPE): As a bonus action, you have an 80% chance to inflict two stacks of the Immobilize status on your target. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%. (2/2) 1 reishi
BAKUDŌ #7: KEIKATSU (OPENING REVIVAL): As an at-will action you restore 30 HP to self or a comrade. This is considered a Healing Technique (1/1)

ADVANCED SPELLS
HADŌ #70: SEISHIN MOKUHYŌ (SPIRIT TARGETING) As an at-will action, you convert one attack this turn into a Spirit Targeting attack. Spirit Targeting attacks are auto-hit and do not require an accuracy roll but do not deal HP damage or have secondary effects (major or minor) applied to the attack. The attack instead deals reishi drain equal to half the rolled damage. Spirit Targeting attacks cannot be mitigated via armor or DR effects. (3/3) 0 reishi
BAKUDŌ #61: RIKUJŌKŌRŌ (SIX-ROD LIGHT PRISON) As a bonus action, you have an 60% chance to inflict the special Pinned status on your foe. While pinned, your opponent must spend both of their next standard actions to break free. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%. (1/1) 10 Reishi
BAKUDŌ #73: TOZANSHŌ (INVERSE MOUNTAIN CRYSTAL) As a reactive bonus action, you either create a barrier that protects you and up to 2 allies against all non-critical attacks from your foe(s) OR as a regular bonus action you can trap your foe inside an enclosure. They are then forced to spend a Standard Action on their turn to break free. (2/2) 15 reishi

RELEASE

REIATSU: 163,400
HP: 57/80 | REISHI: 208/230 | DEF: 80 | DMG DIE: d11 | ACC: +35
1d100·1d100·3d6
Last Edit: Sept 8, 2022 15:34:59 GMT -5 by nezuel

Player

Lazarus Jeager Avatar

Lazarus Jeager

Post by Lazarus Jeager on Sept 9, 2022 15:49:25 GMT -5

A sharp in hale was all he gave in response to the beast taking a chomp on the hand that had tried to light the beast ablaze, blood dripping from the wound down his finger tips and falling onto the sands below. While he wanted to try and prepare himself for the next onslaught of attacks, it would appear that he wasn't quick , his feet trying to carry him out of the way of the offending horn. A pained cry escaped him at the feeling of the sharp horn scraping across his ribs, cutting flesh and cloth all the same. The wound itself was bleeding, but from under the torn cloth anyone who was looking might see a multitude of scars.

"That's gonna hurt so much worse tomorrow..."

thankfully adrenaline was keeping the pain to a minimum, but the pain was evident as he looked over to Nezuel, frowning a bit at the surrendering he was witnessing. Lazarus wasn't quite ready to give up yet, and with a rolling of the shoulders would mutter under his breathe, his blade taking on a more jagged edge. As he stepped in, once again would he snap his fingers, sparks dancing once more from his fingertips to try again to light the beast on fire. Continuing with his offense, the now jagged looking blade would come up, aimed to rake across the shoulder of the spirit in an attempt to draw more of the golden liquid. From under the beasts chin his index finger would crackle with lighting like energy, firing a small beam upwards like some pseudo spell uppercut.

COMBAT TRACKER

SUMMARY

Offensive Summary:

Potent (2/3) Byakurai At-Will

Bakudo #14: Shimoku (4/5 Turns Remaining) Wound Effect

Bakudo #2: Kare Burn Effect: Miss

Accuracy Byakurai: Miss

Accuracy Strike: 114, 5Damage on Hit, No Status Effect

HP is 64 (85 - 6 - 15)

Reishi is 110 (132 - 5(AoE) - 3(#14) - 4(#2) -5(#4) - 5(#4) )

HADŌ #4: BYAKURAI (PALE LIGHTNING)

Type: Basic Attack

Action: At-Will

Acc: z0cUxC|z1d100+45

Dmg: 2d10

Status Chance: 1d100

Effects: 50% Chance to apply wound

Bonus Action:

BAKUDŌ #14: SHIMOKU (PURPLE TREE)

Your hands are covered in purple Reishi. Your very touch desecrates with insipid poison and virulent decay.

Action: Bonus Action

Effect: As a bonus action all Basic Attacks you use have a 50% chance to inflict your choice of Wound, Burn, or Poison status for the duration. You must designate which status at the beginning of combat. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%.

Duration: 5 turns.

Cost: 3 Reishi

Standard Action:

BAKUDŌ #2: KARE (BLIGHT)

Effect: As a standard action you have a 45% chance to inflict one stack of one of the following effects on the target: cripple, stun, immobilize, stagger, wound, burn, or poison. The max chance to inflict with any effect is 95%.

Cost: 4 Reishi

Limit: Once per turn.

Standard Action:

STRIKE

Action: Standard Action

Acc: 1d100+45

Dmg: 1d10

Effects: 50% Chance to apply Wound

ACTIVE EFFECTS

CLASS

Caster

TRAITS

ATTUNED

As a passive effect, your max Reishi is increased by 50, you regain 3 Reishi at the end of your turn, and all non-basic Kido spells cost -5 less Reishi.

POTENT

You start with the Enhanced Byakurai Basic Attack Spell and the cost is reduced to 6 Reishi. (2/3)

Efficiency

Effect: Your Basic Techs & Spells cost -1 less Reishi | Standard Techs & Spells cost -2 less Reishi | Release, Advanced, & Forbidden Techs/Spells cost -3 less Reishi. The minimum cost for any Tech or Spell (whose base cost is not already 0) is 1 Reishi.

TECHNIQUES

REIRYOKU ABSORPTION

As an at-will action, siphon 10 Reishi from any foe(s) for each time they hit you with an attack and reduce your HP. (3/3)

SPELLS

As a bonus action all Basic Attacks you use have a 50% chance to inflict your choice of Wound, Burn, or Poison status for the duration. (0/1)

As a bonus action you have a 80% chance to inflict two stacks of the Cripple status effect on your target. Also inflicts a stack of special status effect Frostbite. (2/2)

RELEASE

REIATSU: 82,650(87,000)

HP:64/85 | REISHI: 110/150 | DEF: 80 | DMG DIE: d10 | ACC: +45
1d100+45·2d10·1d100·1d100·1d100+45·1d10·1d100
Last Edit: Sept 9, 2022 15:51:13 GMT -5 by Lazarus Jeager

Player

Fullbringer

I have nothing to say.

Niji Avatar

Niji

Post by Niji on Sept 10, 2022 16:48:27 GMT -5

The warrior spirit sheathed blade at Nezuel’s comment, ”A fair response to an overwhelming force.”  It then turned to Niji, and she once again spoke to it in the unfamiliar language.  It dissipated into golden energy, leaving only the shinshi and the Quincy facing each other.  She created another stone chair for Nezuel to sit on, then looked at the the two that were still fighting.

The strange creature glanced back to its summoner as the blade raked across it’s hide, leaving a thin line, but no apparent actual damage. Niji smiled softly at the Quincy, who was still fighting despite being clearly outmatched. ”Persevere as you are able, I will heal any of your injuries at the conclusion of the bout.  Though, perhaps my initial approach was too aggressive.”

She spoke a few more words to the shinshi, and suddenly the oppressive reiatsu of the area mostly dissipated. The arena was still suffused with Niji’s reiatsu, but it was no longer the unbearable weight it had been.  The creature excitedly hopped from one paw to another, then charged at Lazarus again, and while the attack was nearly as fast as it had been before, there appeared to be significantly less power behind the attack.

SUMMARY

Defense Summary:
Dusk Cloak fully negates Nezuel’s attacks
DR negates the damage from Lazarus

Offense Summary:
lol

HP is 69 (nice)
Reishi is 207 (211 + 6 (TU) - 10 (DC))

Niji has Edge 2 on Nezuel and Lazarus: +10 Def, +10 Accuracy, +2 Damage, 2 DR
Niji is reducing her reiatsu to 163,000, reflexes to 20, focus to 40, and fighting to 30

Base Defense vs Nezuel and Lazarus is 80 (15 + 10 edge)
Base Accuracy vs Nezuel and Lazarus is 40 (30 base + 10 edge)

At-Will:
Reactive - Dusk Cloak
Suppression

Bonus Action:

Standard Action:
Titan AOE Strike, only target Lazarus
pPDsrPFp1d100+50
1d12+2
-5% RL and -5 Reishi if it connects

Standard Action:

ACTIVE EFFECTS
Buffs

Debuffs

USES
Bandage - 0/1
Invigorate - 1//4
Sense - 0/3

Bakudo 12 - 0/2
Bakudo 7 - 0/1 Self
Ningyo Joruri - 0/1
Bakudo 9 - 0/2
Bakudo 22 - 0/2
Bakudo 27 - 1/2

Raioken - 0/2
Summon Thrall - 0/1

Soul Trigger - 0/1

Time Shift - 0/3
Illusion - 0/1

Genius - 0/3
Talented - 1/1
Assault - 0/2
Surge - 0/3
Blur - 0/4

CLASS - Prodigy - Titan
ADEPT

GENIUS

UNBRIDLED

OPPRESSIVE REIATSU

TRAITS

TECHNIQUES
SPEED CLONES - 0/2

UTSUSEMI - 0/1

Summon Thrall

RELEASE
AREA, SLASHING

TIME SHIFT

EFFICIENT

ILLUSION

DEVASTATING

RESTORING

REIATSU: 530,000 EFFECTIVE: 163,000
HP: 69/75 | REISHI: 207/200| DEF:80| DMG DIE: 1d12 | ACC: +40

1d100+50·1d12
Last Edit: Sept 10, 2022 16:51:35 GMT -5 by Niji

Player

nezuel Avatar

nezuel

Post by nezuel on Sept 10, 2022 21:26:00 GMT -5

It seemed he really was useless here, even his last attack, something that had never failed him, seemed to do nothing against the spirits.  A frown was etched on Nezuel's expression as he watched the spirit talk to Gaia and then disappear.  It deepened as the stone chair was erected and the oppressive riatsu from Gaia was eased a little.  Perhaps she had been too aggressive but it was too late to go back now, surely.  Still, perhaps she was giving Lazarus a chance to actually fight the monster in front of him instead of hitting it like a solid wall again and again.

She had overestimated them, which was a saddening thought since it meant they were hardly ready for what they had hoped to do...although perhaps that only applied to Nezuel.  He'd grown stronger but he was still a little fish in a small pond it seemed.  The only person he'd actually ever beat in a fight was the quincy before him whose years lumbered many fewer than his own.  Perhaps he should simply leave this all behind if this was all he could amount to, the beater of children.

He moved over to where Gaia had set herself up, crossing his arms as he watched the bull attack Lazarus.  "Do you still need me here, or may I go?"

Player

Lazarus Jeager Avatar

Lazarus Jeager

Post by Lazarus Jeager on Sept 12, 2022 15:41:48 GMT -5

Perhaps it was the fact that he was used to the difficulty of always fighting stronger opponents, maybe it was just a lack of pride that would otherwise keep him from fighting, what ever the case, Lazarus looked almost disappointed that Nezuel had given up so quickly. It was also a touch of disappointment at the fact that he was so outclassed Gaia had to decrease the difficulty to accommodate him though it would allow him a better experience in the long term so he would be grateful for it.

He could tell that the beast had lost a significant chunk of it's power, though it did not seem to mind as it lunged forward, Lazarus taking a page from the beasts book to do the same. As they neared one another he would let his weight drag him down, sliding under the beast to try and rend it from front to hind leg. Once he was on the other side of the spirit he would strike out in a thrust to try and hit the right hind leg, wanting to see how effective the strikes were now that they were closer to one another in power. If the strikes hit they held the potential to rip and tear the wounds to an even greater degree, something he had grown used to applying to his spiritual weapons' as it was another way to leak damage through to an opponent.

COMBAT TRACKER

SUMMARY

Invigorate +25 Reishi (3/4)

Bakudo #14 (3/5 turns remaining) Wound

Accuracy 74, Miss

Accuracy 116, 10 Damage on Hit, 2 Stacks of Wound

Bonus Action:

INVIGORATE

Action: Bonus Action

Effect: You regain 25 Reishi.

Cost: None

Limit: Once per turn. Four times per battle.

Standard Action:

Strike

Acc: iyyZ6AoI1d100+45

Cost: 0

Standard Action:

Strike

Acc: 1d100+45

Cost: 0

ACTIVE EFFECTS

Bakudo #14 (3/5)

CLASS

Caster

TRAITS

ATTUNED

POTENT

You start with the Enhanced Byakurai Basic Attack Spell and the cost is reduced to 6 Reishi. (2/3)

Efficiency

TECHNIQUES

REIRYOKU ABSORPTION

As an at-will action, siphon 10 Reishi from any foe(s) for each time they hit you with an attack and reduce your HP. (3/3)

SPELLS

As a bonus action all Basic Attacks you use have a 50% chance to inflict your choice of Wound, Burn, or Poison status for the duration. (0/1)

As a bonus action you have a 80% chance to inflict two stacks of the Cripple status effect on your target. Also inflicts a stack of special status effect Frostbite. (2/2)

RELEASE

REIATSU: 82,650(87,000)

HP: 64/85 | REISHI: 135/150 | DEF: 80 | DMG DIE: d10 | ACC: +45
1d100+45·1d10·1d100·1d100+45·1d10·1d100
Last Edit: Sept 12, 2022 15:49:32 GMT -5 by Lazarus Jeager