Bleach Hereafter RPG

Lavender Anomaly

Player

I have nothing to say.

Milo Avatar

Milo

Post by Milo on Sept 8, 2022 14:39:52 GMT -5

Milo sighed as she emerged from the garganta and took her "first" step into the world of the living. She would usually accompany Nezuel when they needed to snoop around, which was a rarity since she wasn't an experienced Arrancar, especially to her new body that seemed more human than that of her hollow form. Learning how to make her own rift to explore the world of the living by herself was a new accomplishment and something she would have normally shared with Nezuel. However, she wished to be alone and lost to her curiosity instead of sulking in a familiar place.

Her golden eyes watched from afar as she saw actual living humans moving about in what seemed to be a gathering place where smaller humans would play. A children's playground perhaps? Is that what they were called? No matter, Milo hid behind a tree and watched their activities with her own childlike wonder. She had never been able to observe the mundane lives of mortals and seeing how happy everyone seemed and how no one had a care in the world was enough to bring out her own smile with her gentle gaze.

She could get used to this and pass the time. Daytime became a sunset that then began to turn into dusk. The environment changing into different hues was enough to bewitch her as she was only used to the constant nightly scenery of Hueco Mundo. It seemed the humans weren't too fond of staying out too late as the playground seemed dismal and devoid of the life it once had during the day. Milo walked away from her hiding place and began inspecting the swings and the rest of the odd structures of odd material. However, being of hollow kind and her reiatsu radiating as such was not in her mind as her guard was dropped in exchange for satiating her curious mind.

GAME MASTER

Wandenreich - Soldat

Memories broken, the truth goes unspoken...

Hibano Avatar

Hibano

Post by Hibano on Sept 9, 2022 5:55:45 GMT -5

Hibano

Tags:

On his journeys across the world, searching for answers, Hibano would see town after town beset by the same scourge, Hollows. They seemed so omnipresent, and the rest of society so ignorant of their drive to hunt and eat souls that they were willing to accept the constant disappearances, mysterious violent deaths, as facts of life. It was even turning a little frustrating.

But, there was no reason to stew in contempt, when he could work little by little to make the world a better place. And if he manages to uncover any clues towards the Hogyoku in his path, then even better. So, Hibano never thought of giving up or changing his course, simply continued travelling across the continent.

Leaping from rooftop to rooftop, the teenage Fullbringer suddenly stopped in place, focusing upon his immaterial senses. There was another Hollow-like Reiatsu pressure not far from here, slightly different, yet still unmistakeably belonging to that race of corrupted souls. Considerably more powerful than the average Hollow, too. His hand hovering above the grip of his sword, he began to follow the trace of this Reiatsu pressure, jumping past buildings and running across deserted streets.

Finally, he approached what appeared like a playground - the worst possible place to encounter a Hollow. Of all the possible victims to prey on, did this spawn really have to plot to devour children? Thankfully, the rapidly approaching night had left the playground empty - so, Hibano could stop this ravenous Hollow without putting anyone in danger.

He leapt over the fence and pulled his sword out while flying in the air. His immaterial senses quickly zeroed in on the target - a woman, hardly any different from any ordinary person, yet clearly emitting a powerful Reiatsu that he could sense from afar. Perhaps it was an illusion of sorts, like an anglerfish using a lure to bring prey to chomping range.

The sword was thrown and struck the ground in front of the woman, embedding itself in the floor, while its owner landed on the other side of the playground.

"Your terror is over, Hollow."
Last Edit: Sept 9, 2022 5:56:21 GMT -5 by Hibano

Player

I have nothing to say.

Milo Avatar

Milo

Post by Milo on Sept 9, 2022 22:24:10 GMT -5

As Milo casually inspected the playground without a care in the world, her attention was soon ripped away from the peaceful silence of the playground as a sword had embedded itself on the ground and on the other side, its owner. Her senses heightened as she quickly withdrew her exploring hand and quickly turned to look at the male before her. He didn't look familiar and he definitely didn't resemble a shinigami with the reiatsu she could sense off of the male. Did she do something wrong?-

Hollow.

Ah, her reiatsu was like that of a hollow. After all, she had originally been but a small babe a century or so ago. From what she was told by Nezuel, that is and something about that seemed correct. Milo shook her head to stop her sidetracked mind and turned to look at the male.

Instead of reaching for her sword, she took some steps back. Creating a small distance as she then instantly used sonido to make a quick escape, kicking up the playground's sand for makeshift cover as she tried to retreat from a possible confrontation. The last thing she needed was unneeded bloodshed and to lose control of herself upon doing so.

If she could lose him off of her tracks, then she would make a swift return to Hueco Mundo. She needed to be patient upon doing so and make sure the male was easily lost. Milo put some good distance between them as she landed quietly on the branch of a tree. Staying amongst it's branches and leaves for cover as she tried to suppress her energy. She didn't want to come off as aggressive due to it being so close to that of a lowly hollow. She wasn't mindless like them, she had a will of her own and if the male decided to start a confrontation, then she will make sure to tire him out enough with her defensive style of fighting. She could only hope that the male lost her in that moment.

GAME MASTER

Wandenreich - Soldat

Hibano Avatar

Hibano

Post by Hibano on Sept 10, 2022 10:40:53 GMT -5

Hibano

Tags:

Hibano had thrown the metaphorical glove for a fight - however, this human-like Hollow did not reciprocate. Once the sword pierced the ground in front of her, she stepped back, and then ran, whipping up a gust of sand from the playground to cover up her tracks.

"H-Hey!" Hibano yelled and ran after her, pulling his sword out the ground along the way and leaping over the cloud of particle sand. This was odd. Hollows usually didn't run and use strategy like this. Unless they had some sort of unique ability to augment themselves with, they appeared fairly mindless, attacking Hibano with full force even when they were severely overwhelmed. What was going on here..?

The teen was getting brief flashbacks to his fight against Asura. Much like this purplehead, Asura appeared Hollow-like, but was clearly sentient, even made quips and jokes, and had access to a Bankai, a Shinigami ability. Was this... somehow related?

Hibano ran after the woman - however, in spite of the speed, the misdirection of the dust cloud meant that he lost her trail just long enough that her Reiatsu signature blurred out of his senses after getting suppressed. He stopped underneath one of the trees - something Hollow-like was still somewhere around him, he could feel it, but he could no longer pin down where she was.

He sheathed his sword, but remained on guard - who knows what the Hollow could be planning?

Player

I have nothing to say.

Milo Avatar

Milo

Post by Milo on Sept 11, 2022 14:02:05 GMT -5

Milo peered over from below her perch, cautious and almost catlike in behavior as she watched the other trying to sense her. She wasn't an experienced fighter of completely suppressing her reiatsu, but making sure to silently move around with any spooked animal in the woods was enough to keep the male guessing. Her current predicament would be difficult to escape from and she refused to lay a hand on anything or anyone human-like in appearance. She reached over to grab a tree nut and swiftly angled her throw to smack the male from the back of his head.

Milo wanted to test his reaction in regards to the harmless smack of the nut. Her short sword was easily accessible to her for defending, but hopefully it wouldn't come to that. Perhaps if she talked to the other male and cleared things up it would also be helpful? She would refrain until it was needed. What if it made the mysterious male freak out, after all, he thought of her as a lowly and mindless hollow.

She was anything but mindless, she was an anxiety ridden and overly thinking arrancar who at this very moment was silently panicking due to some guy below thinking she was a threat. Was this what Nezuel was warning her about? Did folks just go around and hit the first hollow-like creature they see??

Milo grabbed another tree nut, aimed her throw at a close trunk of a tree and threw it. The nut swiftly hit against the trunk and ricocheted towards the male's head once again.

GAME MASTER

Wandenreich - Soldat

Hibano Avatar

Hibano

Post by Hibano on Sept 12, 2022 4:04:53 GMT -5

Hibano

Tags:

There was still something Hollow-like in his vicinity... maybe just a trace left behind by the mysterious woman, but surely, she couldn't have gotten very far. And, knowing Hollows, she might just be waiting for the opportunity to strike him from behind, and-

"-ow!"

What... was that? The leaves of the tree ruffled a bit and something suddenly hit him in the back of his head - sharp enough to get Hibano to immediately clutch onto the spot, but... not actually an attack. This couldn't have been the Hollow, then? Hibano turned around, staring at the direction of the throw - and was suddenly hit by a flying tree nut, right between his eyes. Having ricocheted off the trunk, it carried enough momentum to bonk the teen's head back slightly, and force him to make a step back.

"-agh!" Hibano yelled and grabbed onto his forehead. The purple-haired Hollow was there, perched onto the branches of the tree like a stray kitten, throwing nuts of the tree at his head. For a second, he completely forgot who he was dealing with and began shouting. "Hey, what do you think you're doimg?!"

This was only turning more confusing. Why would a Hollow pelter him with nuts instead of using the vantage point for a sneak attack? All those masked creatures he's seen didn't really have a sense of humor.

After a sigh, Hibano decided to give a test to his earlier theory.

"...Can you talk?"

Player

I have nothing to say.

Milo Avatar

Milo

Post by Milo on Sept 12, 2022 5:24:20 GMT -5

Milo perked at the question, dropping a tree nut she was ready to pelt the other with again. She kept her guard up as she chose to respond to the male. Her voice soft and timid at first as she finally answered.

"I can. It would be odd if I couldn't."

She squint her eyes at the male before her and took the time to really read the mood of the situation at that very moment and hummed. Why was he asking this all of a sudden? Was he perhaps curious as to why she wasn't planning on hurting him? She had no reason to raise her sword and she would refuse to do so if there even was a reason for it.

"Why'd you throw your weapon at me? Did I do something wrong?? Is there something I missed about mortal customs? I really don't wish to fight you." The lavender haired arrancar was being genuine in her sentiment of not fighting the male. If anything, she would much rather take the time to converse and figure out how she could genuinely prove to the other that she really meant no harm.

The only thing she would attack are the mindless hollows. They make for a great snack and easy replenishment. Wait...

"Um...did you think I was going to hurt the living?"

GAME MASTER

Wandenreich - Soldat

Hibano Avatar

Hibano

Post by Hibano on Sept 13, 2022 8:32:20 GMT -5

Hibano

Tags:

Once asked on whether she can talk, the woman gave him an answer, confirming as much - then, she began asking him question after question with clear worry. Did she miss some human customs? Did she do something wrong? Did Hibano believe she was going to eat the children who used to be in the playground today?

Her voice appeared genuine enough, so he lowered his guard somewhat - namely, he sheathed his sword, then snapped the detached sheath back to his belt.

"When I first arrived here, I was following the track of a Hollow Reiatsu, and my senses converged upon you. Since you were roaming in a playground... I assumed that the Hollow would be there to feed on the souls of the children, yeah," Hibano explained himself and answered. The woman's complete ignorance made the situation appear even more confusing. Just who in the world was she?

"You being able to talk is surprising to me. Whenever I meet a Hollow, they are always masked, speechless creatures of horror, who seem to be driven by nothing but a hunger for souls... so, whenever I come across one, I usually jump down to slay them and stop their rampage. Even the one case where I met someone similar to you, human-like, yet with a similar energy to yours... he ambushed me and almost killed me because he wanted to eat me."

So, the crucial question remained...

"Are you a Hollow, then? If not, then... what are you?"
Last Edit: Sept 14, 2022 9:25:10 GMT -5 by Hibano

Player

I have nothing to say.

Milo Avatar

Milo

Post by Milo on Sept 18, 2022 16:23:44 GMT -5

"I see..." Milo responded, letting the information sink in. It's true that her reiatsu was that of a hollow and trying to regain her memories and familiarize herself with her current body was taking some time. Did not that many people know of the arrancar race? She knew there were more hollows than arrancar but...how would she be able to explain something even though she didn't have too much knowledge?

"I'm sorry for alarming you, Hollows can be quite mindless creatures if they let their hunger control them and ignore their sentience. Um, I'm not too much help in regards to a lot of my own kind but...I am technically a hollow but not? I'm not mindless and I can make my own decisions and I look almost like a plus." Milo paused as she crossed her arms and thought for a bit.

"I'm an arrancar. I will warn you though, I'm considered an oddball as I'm not fond of fighting...the arrancar can be dangerous." Her lavender hair swayed as she turned to look around her surroundings and then nodded. She hopped off of her perch and dropped the extra nut she had ready in her hand. "Sorry about smacking you with these tree nuts, I don't usually do this."

Milo smiled sheepishly and walked over towards the male. "I'm Milo, a pleasure to meet you."

GAME MASTER

Wandenreich - Soldat

Hibano Avatar

Hibano

Post by Hibano on Sept 19, 2022 13:36:14 GMT -5

Hibano

Tags:

Once Milo began to apologize for throwing a nut into Hibano's head, the teen briefly crouched down to pick up one of the nuts which had hit him, holding it in between his fingers, briefly turning it and tossing it in the air, during the rest of the conversation. Milo. That's what she introduced herself as. Though she indeed had no interest in fighting, she assured him that this also set her apart from the rest of her kind. So, at least Hibano's judgment was not entirely wrong, and if Asura was also an Arrancar, then at least it explained why his first impressions of them was so different.

"My name is Hibano. I am a Fullbringer... I travel the world to stop evil and find answers, whenever I can," he explained himself. He didn't know if the term "Fullbringer" meant anything to Milo, and how aware she was of the rest of the spiritual world in general, but, if she had any questions, he was ready to answer and explain.

Suddenly, he clutched tightly onto the nut in his hand, bent his arm back and threw - aiming at the gap between Milo's eyes.

"Now we're even."

Hibano wasn't angry, however - he even flashed a faint smile. Now that he could tell that Milo was not planning to do him or anyone else any harm, he could take the conversation in stride, with these sorts of games and with his guard down.

"So, if you aren't mindless and aren't driven by hunger like Hollowkind, and you're not here to fight, either... what brought you here?"

Player

I have nothing to say.

Milo Avatar

Milo

Post by Milo on Sept 20, 2022 21:19:25 GMT -5

Milo tilted her head like a curious puppy at the name. Hibano. It sounded lovely in her head, perhaps since she had dropped her guard when he continued the conversation. Before she could even speak up once more, she squeaked in surprise at the sudden smack of the nut in the gap in between her eyes. Her hands landed on the area as she gently rubbed at the small reddened spot. When her eyes landed on Hibano, his faint smile brought out her own soft and kind smile in understanding. As childish as the gesture was, this only cemented her in feeling at ease with him.

"Yeah, Yeah. Even."

Then came his question. It wasn't that it was sudden or uncouth, it was due to her having to deal with a minor discomfort in the matters of her metaphorical heart. Her shoulders seemed to drop as her body tensed, almost in defense as she tried to find a way to answer without it sounding too dramatic.

"Um, well, I've never been able to explore the world of the living on my own. I've only really ever known Hueco Mundo, so...I thought a change of scenery would have been a nice change of pace for me." She paused before giving a nervous laugh,"But it would seem I had accidentally caused you to be concerned about the mortals' safety with my sudden appearance. Forgive me for causing you any trouble, Hibano."

Milo bowed her head in apology to the fullbringer. Although her answer had some truth to it, she desperately needed some alone time from her current predicament with her friend Nezuel. With his sudden disappearances and then not having seen him for quite some time, not to mention a certain shinigami's comment about Nezuel's other behavior patterns, had rendered her utterly hopeless and thinking the absolute worst about their relationship. It was in a sense, a breath of fresh air to be somewhere else other than Hueco Mundo.

"If I may add...I might not like to fight, but I do hunt Hollows. I had known that Hollows would occasionally appear here in the world of the living, but I didn't know they had become quite an issue. If my reiatsu elicited such a response from you, I can only imagine what an actual Hollow's presence would do. If you need help with dwindling their numbers, I can always eat them." Milo nervously fidgeted with her hands, she had to at least explain that much as well. She had hunger like any other Hollow, just not to the point of becoming a mindless heathen about it. If Hibano were to trust her, she had to let him know about her preferred meal to satiate her needs.

GAME MASTER

Wandenreich - Soldat

Hibano Avatar

Hibano

Post by Hibano on Sept 21, 2022 14:41:32 GMT -5

Hibano

Tags:

Listening to Milo's explanation of her own nature, Hibano took a seat on the playground's merry go round. She has lived her life in Hueco Mundo - a dimension, from what the Fullbringer gathered, although he had little idea what it was like or how one gets to it - and wished to explore the world of the living from time to time, at least, before she ran into him.

"Well, sorry for that. I had gotten used to a policy of slashing first and asking questions later," Hibano answered to quickly defend himself, though he suspected that Milo wasn't faulting him much for the decision. At least, they figured out who's what before they actually came to blows, so all ended well.

Milo continued by explaining that she does hunt Hollows herself - and eats them, so if Hibano needed help in dwindling their numbers, she could offer help. Her casually dropping this fact got Hibano to freeze and blink in confusion, however.

"I... assume I shouldn't ask about the logistics of how you do that," he answered, silently. Hollows were big, after all, much larger than a normal person, while Milo was... well, the size of a person. Maybe she meant "eating" them metaphorically. Presumably, the answer wasn't stretching her mouth to the size of a giant corrupted soul. "But, I do appreciate it. If you have a phone, or something, we can exchange numbers and I can ring you up if I ever need help clearing out a large congregation of Hollows."

Thinking, Hibano folded his arms behind the back of his head. "If you're looking for sights, I assume the rest of the city has something more spectacular to show than this neighbourhood. I'm not sure what you've seen in this Hueco Mundo and what you haven't, though..."

Player

I have nothing to say.

Milo Avatar

Milo

Post by Milo on Oct 4, 2022 21:04:13 GMT -5

Milo tilted her head at the mention of not asking how she "ate" the hollows, which was fairly uncommon knowledge by the way Hibano reacted to her informing him of it. The female arrancar walked closer to Hibano's seat on the merry go round, her eyes curiously looking at the colorful contraption. She perked at hearing the male appreciate the offer of receiving her aid in reducing the pesky hollows numbers, however...

"A phone..? What's that?" She once again tilted her head like a confused pup at the word. She hummed for a moment, lost in thought before sighing at coming up with a way for them to remain in contact.

"Perhaps we'll figure something out later, but...there is more to this area? Hueco Mundo isn't as scenic as your world, I can see why many of the hollow are drawn here. It gets very dreary there and well...the most scenic area is just a forest of menos grande. They're adorable in their own way, I suppose, but other than the forest changing the scenery, the rest of the area is just nothing but a desert. You get tired of the sand, but home is home I suppose." Milo giggled as she tried to detail the more interesting part of Hueco Mundo for Hibano.

"I'm just amazed at how colorful it is here. So much life and different little creatures that are nothing like the hollow. I'd be shocked to see something different and even more beautiful than this playground!"

GAME MASTER

Wandenreich - Soldat

Hibano Avatar

Hibano

Post by Hibano on Oct 7, 2022 15:42:52 GMT -5

Hibano

Tags:

"Oh, a phone is..." Hibano answered Milo's confusion by pulling out the phone which Leon had given to him when they first met, on the grounds that he would need a way to communicate with his fiancee. It was a cheap smartphone which Niji intended to use as a burner phone - but, it fulfilled its job well. The Fullbringer unlocked its screen and swiped it open, briefly scrolling through to show the apps, then locking the phone again. "A device for communicating with other people over a distance - and it helps with a lot of other things, too. Most people on Earth have one of those, but I suppose it hasn't caught on in your dimension, yet."

By now, he and Milo began to depart from the playground - the Arrancar girl was excited by the idea of seeing even more fascinating, colorful sights, and so Hibano began leading the way through the streets of the city.

"If you want to contact me, I have a few reserve phones - I can let you borrow one. The games pre-installed on them are pretty fun, too." Thank Leon for allowing Hibano to borrow a few from the burner phone stash - Hibano figured that with all the fighting he's going to do, he might need a few in case he breaks the original.

The street led Hibano and Milo towards an enormous suburban shopping mall - even at this late hour, it was still open, and the numerous store signs installed on its walls were shining brightly, in numerous colors, inviting anyone passing by to come spend money inside.

"How about there?"

Player

I have nothing to say.

Milo Avatar

Milo

Post by Milo on Oct 11, 2022 20:49:39 GMT -5

Milo tilted her head at the sight of the cellular device, a light box in her eyes if anything were to be put into context for her to understand what it looked like. It was quite a little marvelous if it could help others to communicate from large distances. Such a contraption was something she needed if Hibano needed her aid!

"You're right, we don't have any in my dimension. Or if we do have them, it's for the higher ranking arrancars of Hueco Mundo, which wouldn't surprise me honestly..." Milo sighed, wishing she could get her hands on one of her own so she could keep in contact with the male. Then Hibano casually offered one of the spares he conveniently had and this was a cause of surprise for the lavender haired arrancar.

"A-Are you sure?? If there's a way for me to own my very own phone in the future, then I will make sure to return this one to you as soon as possible! I...I want to keep in contact with you, Hibano. You can show me how to play the games on the phone later, i-if you ever have the time, that is!" Milo flushed with a sheepish smile on her flustered face. A natural response to generous expressions and offers when they were for her.

She followed behind Hibano, looking around the area with a curious set of eyes and almost bumping right into the male when he motioned to the large building before them. Her golden eyes widened in awe at the brightly colored lights that mixed with other surrounding flashing colors of other signs.

"Here is fine!" Milo practically squeaked as she was stunned from just flashy the entirety of the building. If she didn't know any better, she would have assumed those lights to mean some sort of warning for eminent danger. Perhaps it wasn't too bad...rignt?