Bleach Hereafter RPG

Lavender Anomaly

GAME MASTER

Wandenreich - Soldat

Memories broken, the truth goes unspoken...

Hibano Avatar

Hibano

Post by Hibano on Oct 13, 2022 4:26:18 GMT -5

Hibano

Tags:

Milo responded to Hibano's phone offer with immediate childlike enthusiasm, so sudden that it caught him off guard and he made a small step back while she thanked him. "Right, that- sounds good, one moment-" He tapped his red jacket, checking where he had put the reserve phones, then pulled one out, identical to the one he had just shown to Milo.

"You don't need to pay me back, I got this as a gift from a... friend, anyway, so it didn't cost me anything..." he explained, briefly pausing at "friend". Leon and Niji would hardly consider him friends and he would agree on that judgment, but explaining the complicated relationship between them would take too much time, and would probably make no sense to Milo, anyway. "Just press here on the side and it will unlock the screen - then swipe up with your finger and you have access. Press that button again to lock the phone, and click around with your finger to access all the apps..."

The interface was simple enough to figure out that Milo could figure out the rest. Assuming she knows how to read. Do Arrancar know how to read?

By the time they dealt with the phone gift issue, they arrived to the shopping mall - and Milo called out in excitement, allured by the flashy lights and excited to visit. That was great to hear.

"All right, then, let's go!"

The double glass door of the shopping mall slid open as soon as they approached, leading to brightly lit corridors filled with dozens of shops lined up one after the other, and customers either strolling through or inspecting their places of interest. For someone who had never seen such a massive collection of services in one place, it might even appear overwhelming.

"There's shops for basically everything - groceries, clothes, books, video games, jewelry, so on and so forth... Ice cream stands, bowling, restaurants... most of the things a person living in the city might need can be found here. I'm guessing Hueco Mundo doesn't have things like these?"

Player

I have nothing to say.

Milo Avatar

Milo

Post by Milo on Oct 19, 2022 21:43:46 GMT -5

As Hibano had instructed her, she was able to unlock the phone with a gentle press of the side button and swiping the screen. It was incredibly easy! She began to navigate herself on the phone, seemingly entertained by the bright screen. She followed behind Hibano, listening intently to what he was saying.

She quickly locked the phone screen and finally took a good look around the mall and the stores that surrounded them. So many shining and bright lights, bustling people of varying ages. As Milo took in her surroundings, she felt herself feel conpletely out of place in regards to what she was wearing. Everyone around them seemed to be wearing clothes that made them less eye catching, and Milo looked a little....

"You said there was or are stores that sell clothes? Would you mind showing me, Hibano?" Milo reached down towards the male's hand, only to lightly tug on the sleeve of his jacket. Her hand just mere centimeters away from his hand and an oblivious curiosity as to what she could find in the world of the living.

"This is all too new to me and it's rather exciting getting to see so many different stores in one large establishment. It's inctedible really."

GAME MASTER

Wandenreich - Soldat

Hibano Avatar

Hibano

Post by Hibano on Oct 22, 2022 12:37:26 GMT -5

Hibano

Tags:

A few of the people they passed by while travelling through the mall shot some awkward glances towards Hibano and Milo - the Arrancar quickly realized what was amiss and began begging for him to take her to a clothes store. Not in any casual way, either - she was tugging onto his sleeve like a child who wanted her father to buy a lollipop she saw along the way. Except she was not a child, she was a woman as adult as him and was clad in relatively skimpy clothes. If them simply coming to the mall was going to get someone's attention, this did anything but help.

"I-wait a minute!" Hibano called out and tried to shake Milo's grip off his sleeve, with a brief glint of red on his cheeks. "Yeah, I'm sure there's a store that sells clothes, but... uh, do you have to pull yourself so close to me? Everyone's going to be staring at us, thinking we're dating, or something..."

In the end, she was still a Hollow, after all.

Finding a clothing store in the mall was trivial - it was one of the main reasons why people went into malls in the first place, after all. Hibano did have to lead Milo past a few men's clothing and underwear stores, though - as amusing as it would have been to put Milo into jackets and baggy pants, that's not what they were there for, and Milo's dress was skimpy enough without need for a bikini.

Past them was a women's clothing store, inviting any potential customers passing by with several mannequins intricately adorned with summer dresses and headwear. A double glass door led to a brightly lit hall with a cashier passively glancing through her phone behind the table on the other side - though, once she heard the bell ring after the door opened, she raised her eyes and cracked a smirk by seeing the couple.

"Well, here we are," Hibano stated.

Player

I have nothing to say.

Milo Avatar

Milo

Post by Milo on Oct 24, 2022 21:53:47 GMT -5

Milo quickly apologized as she let go of Hibano's sleeve, feeling anxious at causing the male discomfort. It seemed that her very presence seemed to cause discomfort to many others as well. The arrancar crossed another line that was most definitely not something she should have done. The arrancar followed behind Hibano, eyes curiously looking at the different clothing that lined the store they entered. However, Hibano continued to lead her elsewhere as they didn't yet stop to look around. The baggy clothing looked comfortable enough, but she assumed this wasn't what they were looking for in regards to what the world of the living might deem appropriate for a woman like her.

Then again, with her limited memory, she wouldn't really know what 'appropriate' attire would be considered, especially for the world of the living.

Milo nearly jumped at the sound of the bell that rang behind them as they made it to a more effeminate clothing store. Her eyes were wide in wonder and confusion at the type of clothing she saw. There were dresses, accessories, and...undergarments?

Milo walked over to pick up a pair of panties, gently unfolding the delicate and soft material and holding them up. She blinked once, twice and owlishly blinked a third time and turned to Hibano, with a curious tilt of her head.

"This goes underneath?" Milo quietly whispered in question as she pointed to a scantily clad mannequin with a matching bra and panty set. Milo never owned a pair of either so this was quite the interesting set. Who would've thought that there were clothes that went underneath an actual outfit!

The lavender haired arrancar moved to look through blouses, shorts, skirts, pants and other articles of clothing that caught her attention. She was particularly drawn to a simple white summer dress, but...would it look just as cute on her? Her body type was...not considered cute in her eyes, so she disheartenedly placed the dress back. There were so many cute articles of clothing, but knowing how her curves looked, she doubted they would look the same on her even if she tried her best to resemble the mannequins.

"What...what would be easier on you? I'll need to find a way to pay you back if I do get something. I'm sorry for not being dressed my best..." Milo's crestfallen sigh was enough to catch anyone's attention in the quiet store.

GAME MASTER

Wandenreich - Soldat

Hibano Avatar

Hibano

Post by Hibano on Oct 27, 2022 3:51:54 GMT -5

Hibano

Tags:

Enthralled by the selection of clothing in the store, Milo walked past Hibano and looked through the selection, before picking up a pair of panties and holding them up in front of him. Seeing them be stretched and squeezed in front of him got Hibano to stop - especially as Milo followed it by asking whether they were supposed to go underneath the rest of the clothes.

"Uh, yeah, they go underneath. Why wouldn't you not know? Are you not wearing-" the teen answered her, then paused himself. After staring at Milo with barely concealed bafflement, Hibano looked away, a blush briefly appearing out of the imagination this time. "-never mind. I don't want the answer to that."

After browsing through the rest of the material, blouses, skirts and pants alike, Milo once again turned to Hibano, this time with dejection - she wasn't certain how she was going to pay back for the favor, and apologized for her lack of proper dress. The downcast mood briefly caught him off guard - Milo had been excitable and enthusiastic for the mortal world up to this point, after all.

"I didn't say that your dress was poor. It's not really common attire in this world, but it does fit on you," Hibano answered - perhaps a compliment would cheer her up a little. "If you do want to pick up something from the store, though, don't worry about making up for it... I'm not going to hold you in debt or anything." He still had a bit of money left from what he found in the house he first woke up in after his amnesia - and since he didn't have much in the way of spending, he could set some of his savings aside to help another person in need.

"What a bunch of drama queens..." the cashier muttered under her breath, meanwhile.

Player

I have nothing to say.

Milo Avatar

Milo

Post by Milo on Oct 30, 2022 20:03:01 GMT -5

Milo owlishly blinked in surprise at the compliment for her attire. It wasn't common then? Well that explained the many stares from many onlookers, something she wasn't very used to. The lavender haired arrancar gave way to a small and sheepish smile as her cheeks were dusted in the softest pink, and with her mood lifted she reached over to gently poke Hibano on the cheek.

"Thank you. You're very kind...um, that's a good thing." Milo softly laughed as she returned her attention to the clothes but with a smile on her face.

She looked through different racks, weighing her options on what would be considered appealing to her. Her eyes were drawn to a dress, something she hadn't considered wearing and it wasn't that much different to her current attire if she really thought about it. At least she had a leotard under her arrancar attire to keep her somewhat modest during combat. Would she have to fight in this dress?

Before she walked away with the dress into the dressing room she saw nearby, she turned to look at some of the panties on display and reached over for a black pair that were delicately decorated with a small ribbon into a bow at the front.

"I-I'll grab one of these on the side, so hold onto this for me while I try this on." Milo casually handed the panties to Hibano, oblivious to what this would look like to any onlooker.

"I'll still find a way to repay you!" Milo playfully exclaimed as she scurried off towards the dressing room, hugging the dress close to her with excitement plain on her face as she entered the room and closed the curtains behind her.

GAME MASTER

Wandenreich - Soldat

Hibano Avatar

Hibano

Post by Hibano on Nov 2, 2022 9:05:50 GMT -5

Hibano

Tags:

Hibano's compliment seemingly caught Milo off guard - her words paused and she briefly stumbled with them while thanking him for the assurances. Granted, at the same time, she poked him on the cheek, which surprised him - so, his confident smile turned to brief confusion.

"Right, no problem..."

Thankfully, the Arrancar was starting to get her bearings in the store and looking through her options, until she finally settled on a dress. Granted, the concerns didn't end there. What if she picked out something which clearly did not fit for a casual walk around town? Instead of allowing her to fit in to the world of the living, it'd make her weird out the average person even more... like if someone saw a woman in wedding dress pass them on the street.

While Hibano immersed himself in this thought, he was suddenly woken up by Milo approaching him. The Arrancar nonchalantly dumped a pair of panties into his hands and marched off to the dressing room.

"Wait-"

Well, by then, it was too late. Hibano folded the panties in his hands and moved his hands behind his back, as if hiding them from view, while looking through the store to pretend that nothing happened.

I'm surprised I didn't have to explain to her what dressing rooms are... Were most Arrancar as naive as her when they were first born? Milo did tell him that she was an oddball who didn't enjoy fighting, unlike the rest of her kin... but was she equally different when it came to cluelessness about mortal customs? Was the average newborn Arrancar a violent murderer who also didn't have a clue what shopping malls were?

Too many questions with not enough information.

Player

I have nothing to say.

Milo Avatar

Milo

Post by Milo on Nov 7, 2022 21:17:48 GMT -5

Milo's eagerness to try on the dress was evident as she looked at herself in the mirror of the dressing room she occupied. She blinked and tilted her head at her own reflection, something she rarely had the time of day to leisurely look at with curiosity. She quickly looked away, before disrobing as best as she could out of her arrancar attire and left herself only in her leotard. Her hands were quick to fold her uniform before reaching over to unhook the dress away from the hanger.

She took a deep breath and began to slip herself into the very light garment. It felt so much different to her uniform, which was made for combat and agile movement. The dress she wore now was much more simplified to accommodate her figure, but the design did well to keep her chest covered. The collar covered her remains of the hollow mask that was over her neck, the length was comfortably covering her from all angles without a sign of a slit to show her thighs and the flowing ruffled accent of the bottom half of the dress brought the casual look together.

The very light blue was a nice touch, as well as the black ribbon that adorned the collar of the dress. Milo turned to look at herself in the mirror and couldn't believe what she was looking at. She actually could pass for a living person, especially with the collar hiding her hollow mask. She turned herself from either side to make sure everything was well put together before she took a step out of the dressing room.

"How does it look? I think I might actually look decent in this, right? A little more normal now?" Milo hurried over to Hibano with a soft expectant smile, hoping she looked normal enough to fit in with the people that walked in the mall.

"You look like you were thinking about something, are there any other questions you wanted to ask?"

GAME MASTER

Wandenreich - Soldat

Hibano Avatar

Hibano

Post by Hibano on Nov 9, 2022 4:58:31 GMT -5

Hibano

Tags:

After some time, Milo finally stepped out of the dressing room, her chosen dress surprisingly put together well for someone who was so clueless about human society and its customs. It was a light blue dress with a collar and a few touches, such as the black ribbon, which appeared comfortable enough, and not as revealing as the skintight uniform Hibano first saw her wear. Immediately, she hurried to him, asking for his thoughts - and taking note of his contemplating, somewhat embarrassed expression, pointed that out as well.

"Ah... nothing, don't worry about me. I was just waiting for you to return from the dressing room, that's all," Hibano answered. Silently, while he spoke, he placed the panties he held in Milo's hands. "I'm not a good authority on what is in fashion or what isn't... but this looks good to me. Definitely a lot more uh... fitting to walk on the street."

Milo was quite cute in this dress, too. Hibano flashed a faint smile after his assurances, then reached for the pockets of his jeans. He'll the one who will have to pay for this, after all.

"So, have you settled on this dress, then...?"

Hopefully, Milo didn't pick out something that cost in the several hundreds on accident.

Player

I have nothing to say.

Milo Avatar

Milo

Post by Milo on Nov 13, 2022 22:17:28 GMT -5

Milo gently took the panties and gave Hibano a quick thank you, pleased with her outfit and the approval. Even if Hibano wasn't well versed in fashion, just knowing that she wouldn't be gawked at awkwardly would be an immense improvement. The lavender haired woman followed behind the male as they made their purchase. She was given a bag to store her panties and her arrancar uniform, and Milo only arched a brow at the light material of the plastic bag. Something she was unused to feeling as she never had seen such a thing. She would ask the male about it later, he knew enough about things to help her around.

As the pair exited the store, Milo looked around happily at the other places in the mall. There was just so many things to look at and so much to learn!

"Thank you, Hibano. Now I feel like I can explore this place some more without the unwanted attention of um...strangers." She giggled nervously, most likely unaware of the still ongoing gawking of the occasional onlooker.

Milo's hand gently reached for Hibano's as she lightly tugged at the sleeve of his coat. This most likely gave people the wrong impression of them being an item, but this would be a concept out of the arrancar's understanding.

"What's that smell? Or rather what is that stuff that's popping in that box?" Milo curiously asked as she pointed towards the direction of a popcorn machine that was currently freshly popping corn kernels into the fluffy looking goodness. The smell was something interesting to the arrancar as it tickled at a sense of familiarity in the back of her amnesiac mind.

"Is that a sort of sustenance for the people here?"

GAME MASTER

Wandenreich - Soldat

Hibano Avatar

Hibano

Post by Hibano on Nov 14, 2022 5:28:18 GMT -5

Hibano

Tags:

With their purchases in tow, Milo and Hibano strolled out of the store, and back into the brightly lit halls of the shopping mall. The Arrancar was ecstatic with her new dress, and didn't hesitate to show her affection to the Fullbringer along the way. That she was clutching onto his arm and tugging his red jacket, with the brightest smile and an innocent giggle.

Milo was clueless to how this might look to an outside observer, but Hibano was not. His eyes looked away from her, concentrating on the store fronts on the other side of the shopping alley, trying his best to keep up a stern, serious expression to avoid giving anyone around them the wrong idea, and with no eye contact.

Maybe they should just split, before this goes any further? After all, he hasn't made Milo any promises about them hanging out the entire evening. All he did was offer to show the shopping mall to her and explained a little about the world of the living to her - she could continue on by herself, surely. And knowing how peaceful she was, he didn't have to worry about her causing any harm to civilians.

Milo suddenly drew Hibano's attention - the Arrancar noticed a popcorn stand in their path and began immediately asking questions about what it was. He stared off to the machine, briefly pausing to figure out what they were even staring at, then recalling something he noticed while looking through the Internet on the phone gifted to him by Leon.

"Oh, that's... popcorn," he answered. "It's food, but... well, most people don't eat it merely for, um, sustenance. It's tasty and easy to make, so people eat them as a snack. Like, if they're watching a movie or a sports event..."

They could get some popcorn, but, before that, Hibano had to know an answer to a glaring question.

"Do you... eat food?"

Player

I have nothing to say.

Milo Avatar

Milo

Post by Milo on Nov 23, 2022 15:44:00 GMT -5

Milo tilted her head at the answer given to her. Popcorn? Such a unique name for something so fluffy but firm enough to not fall apart when it popped and was being served to customers. The arrancar let the smell of the freshly popped snack sink into her memory for later when she would decide to talk to a certain friend of hers about this experience. Lost in her own shenanigans, she all but gave a confused and blank stare at Hibano.

"Well of course. Hollows are my food. Ah, but you might be talking about something more...." Milo pointed towards the popcorn machine and crossed her arms, mostly in thought as she hummed.

"Well, I suppose my version of food isn't necessarily the same as the stuff most people here eat. I wouldn't mind trying it, maybe it won't be as filling as what my body needs, but it could be enough to tickle my appetite." Milo answered in a more thoughtful manner, since it would have been confusing to explain how exactly "eating" hollows entails.

Perhaps she could spare the other boy the details since it seemed they didn't do the same thing to eat their meals. Food was a universally different thing when it came to them, she supposed.

"Do you eat food? Like that? If that's considered a snack, then what would be considered a filling meal?"

GAME MASTER

Wandenreich - Soldat

Hibano Avatar

Hibano

Post by Hibano on Nov 25, 2022 12:56:44 GMT -5

Hibano

Tags:

Presumably, there was no such thing as "Hollow popcorn". Hibano also chose to not think about the implication of Arrancars feeding on their fellow Hollows - the creatures that they are born from, that is, their method of sustenance was both their own kin and also tormented souls seeking to travel to Soul Society. He focused on her question instead.

"Ah, well... I'm not sure how to answer - it's a really wide question," the teen answered. Slowly, as if by natural drift, Hibano and Milo were approaching the popcorn stand while talking about Hollow and human gastronomy. "But neither me nor any other human person eat souls. That I know of, anyway. We cook food - from ingredients, that are grown, or harvested from nature. Specific plants, animals... and depending on the ingredients and presentation, that food can belong to one category or another. Some are made for sustenance, some gourmet food is made as a delicacy for the wealthy, and some, like popcorn, are for enjoyment."

Was it awkward to try to look from afar at such basic human concepts that an average person would hardly give a passing thought, and explain them to someone who knows nothing about them? Well, absolutely.

Right as Hibano and Milo stopped by the popcorn stand, he suddenly asked:

"Do you want to give it a test?"

Behind his back, he secretly pulled onto the soul of one of the kernels of popcorn held inside of the popcorn machine at the stand, and carefully navigated it out of the tray and into his hand. Hopefully, the stand owner won't notice a single kernel being shoplifted via superhuman, telekinetic means.

"Now close your eyes, and say "ahhh"," Hibano asked, then, once Milo followed thought, placed the kernel in her mouth. "Now chew, and tell me if you like it."

Player

I have nothing to say.

Milo Avatar

Milo

Post by Milo on Dec 11, 2022 21:02:25 GMT -5

Milo's eyes were wide in awe at the information bestowed onto her by Hibano in regards to how mortals get their sustenance. It was something that should have been memorized due to her past life, however her current struggle with her amnesia prevented her from remembering such simple information. The arrancar tilted her head once again as they stopped by the popcorn stand, watching Hibano and then turning her attention to the busy little stand.

The wonderful smell of the buttery popped corn kernels filled the air near the stand and made Milo question what exactly that snack could taste like. She's only ever known the taste of carnage from the corpses of Hollows, and even then it usually had no particular flavor in human terms.

"Eh??" Milo spurted out, dumbfounded by Hibano's question. Did she...did she want to try it? She would be lying if she said she didn't want to. But she didn't want the male to spend more money than he already had!

"Y-you don't have to, Hibano-!" Milo quietly pleaded, a little too late as Hibano then began to coax a kernel towards them. Milo paused and watched, wide eyed and stammering at Hibano's antics just to get a single popcorn kernel for her to try.

Before she could retort, she obeyed the male and closed her eyes. She was slightly flustered as she opened her mouth and shyly repeated the sound. As the popcorn piece was placed into her mouth, she was...pleasantly surprised by the flavor. It was odd to taste something after being used to tasting nothing, a genuine smile spread over her face as she savored the small sample.

"I like it. It actually has flavor. It's very warm and...ah, what's this other mellow flavor with it?" Milo thought about trying to understand what popcorn butter tasted like. It was best described as a comforting flavor if anything. Warm and surprisingly crisp and delicate.

GAME MASTER

Wandenreich - Soldat

Hibano Avatar

Hibano

Post by Hibano on Dec 14, 2022 5:08:00 GMT -5

Hibano

Tags:

Milo was hesitant for him to go out of his way to give her a popcorn taste test, but eventually acceded, and Hibano placed the kernel in the Arrancar's mouth. She liked it! The warmth and the flavor caught her attention, and she noticed the copious amount of butter flavoring, too.

The reaction was not unexpected - who doesn't love popcorn? Hibano smiled at Milo's adorable commentary and answered:

"Well, that's butter - it's the flavor that the machine is making. Probably one of the most popular popcorn flavors, at least, as far as I'm aware... I'll buy you a small bowl, maybe you can teach the other Arrancar that it's better than eating people?"

He spoke the last sentence in a joking tone - the reality was surely different. But, hey, maybe it would actually be possible to wean Hollows to popcorn, and make the world a little more peaceful.

The owner of the popcorn stand provided him with a small bowl as soon as he asked, and, after paying up, Hibano handed it over to Milo, while walking besides her as they continued strolling through the halls of the shopping mall.

"So do you wander the world of the living all alone?" he asked. "Or is there someone who looks after you? Family, perhaps, if your people have that... or someone important to you?"