Saving Private Takano

Player

You fool! You fell right for my trap!

Hequita Avatar

Hequita

Post by Hequita on Oct 20, 2022 13:34:52 GMT -5

Irisa Ishiwara

Tags:

The conversation did not end on a high note. Irisa was not even going to bother to address Niji's unchanging disgust towards the Shinigami - she operated off an entirely different frame of reference than Irisa did. For Niji, Irisa's vision of a world like an organism was just an example of Shinigami treating mortals like her like trash - and few, if any things were going to change her mind.

It didn't matter how much the Shinigami have sacrificed themselves for the stability of the entire world, how many mortals were saved from Hollows and rogue villains by their effort, and how much humanity has advanced in the millennia that they were under Shinigami watch. Irisa was wrong, and that was enough.

Instead, she focused on the rest.

"I am merely stating what the laws of Soul Society speak of situations like these. Feel free to distrust me, but I'd be surprised if Vice-Captain Hyakuji knows more of legal jurisprudence," Irisa answered with a casual comment, moving her hands to a visible shrug. "Besides, I said "would not even notice". There is a lot more that goes unsaid behind that word you omitted, but I presume you already know that."

Niji's final statement, about responsibilities and shirking them, got Irisa to raise an eyebrow - she could tell that Niji suspected her of being more than just a lowly schoolteacher, but what she had insinuated went a stage further than that.

"...I'm not sure what you mean. I am a teacher because that is the best way someone with my abilities can contribute to progress," she explained. "Did you confuse abilities with power? I don't care for that."

After a final sigh, she hopped onto the top of the stone chair she had been leaning on, and looked down on Niji from the height, while pressing her hand on the hilt of her Zanpakuto. "Take care, Gaia. Please, do not become a cancer cell."

Her artificial Senkaimon spell activated, consuming Irisa in a gate to Soul Society and then vanishing back into nonexistence.