Can't Stop Progress (Level 3 Mission)

PLAYER

Shinigami - 12th Division

Don't kill me please.

Takano Hirai Avatar

Takano Hirai

Post by Takano Hirai on Nov 15, 2022 18:16:56 GMT -5

Takano sighed.

These missions were beginning to get on his nerves. Everytime he has been sent on one, an evil woman appears from nowhere and attempts to murder him. The missions were only getting more common as he went further. Perhaps due to finally being noticed. Now, he was stuck here, either on the verge of being murdered or turned into a Shinigami Sex Doll (He’d give Irisia a mental evil eye), getting injected with weird chemicals from a high ranking 12th Division member. His physical pain had finally subsided, but the mental damage was beginning to build.

Takano stood, stretching before wincing at the still recovering wound on his torso. He’d glance around, watching Tensai shout back and forth with the Murder Lady while Rekka foamed at the mouth with his ranting insanity. Without a word, he’d make his way over to the rest of the scientists, who seemed fairly safe behind some kind of see-through barrier. Oddly enough, the barrier gave off no real indication of Kido. Perhaps it was some form of technology.

Takano found a fairly comfortable rock and took a seat, reaching into his robes and removing a cigarette. Lighting the cigarette, Takano hoped for a swift end to this. He wasn’t sure if he’d ever return to the Gotei 13. Haven didn’t throw him into the jaws of death.

PLAYER

12th Division - 5th Seat

I have nothing to say.

tensai toshiaki Avatar

tensai toshiaki

Post by tensai toshiaki on Nov 19, 2022 14:23:51 GMT -5

Semiramis couldn't help but be weirded out by Rekka's nonsensical ramblings. Neither could Tensai but he couldn't help but blush from embarrassment from that "aroace rep for the win" comment. Tensai had to focus though on dodging as the beetle Hollow continued to shoot that adhesive goo to restrain and trap him. With two flying bug like Hollows in the air swooping down at him. Luckily Tensai with quick thinking lured the beetle's aim and used Shunpo just in time to restrain the Hollows that were following him as they got stuck to a wall.

As the beetle, Hollow is charging another shot Tensai shoots a Byakurai at its nozzle-like mouth as it implodes and Tensai stabs it to finish it off. Before flinging his Zanpakuto at the screeching Hollows stuck to the Wall. As the syringe is pierced through both. Tensai then rushes over and then injects them with Shinkarasen as they are then killed as well and he pulls his Zanpakuto out. Tensai then looks over to see how the others are doing. Rekka is handling his own, Cole is playing well on the defensive, and Takano is...taking a smoke break?!

"Hey I just gave you a power-up from my Shikai and also healed you and you're not using it! I am putting myself at a disadvantage for your sake so that you won't get mortally wounded from a single hit the least you can do is contribute!"
Tensai yelled.

As Tensai went to take on the other Hollows as Semiramis is surprised that her whip was caught by Rekka. No one was ever quick enough to be able to catch it. She tugged as hard she can to try to grab it out of Rekka's hands, but then she had an idea. She attempted to twirl the whip to have it tied around Rekka's arm. She then runs around him to see if she can tie him up and bind him when he's good and bound.

She would run towards Rekka and punch him in the face. Even a physical hit from her hands or legs could allow her to make people her slaves with her Fullbring Tough Love. Especially on men or women to who take she has taken a fancy.

"Once I've acquired enough slaves I'll make Soul Society my new kingdom to celebrate my freedom from all of those years of torment!" she declared.

As Tensai slashed another Hollow's head off what Semiramis said confused him. Did she really think she was truly free to get out of Hell? Sinners usually are returned the moment their masks are broken and a Hell Gate opens. Unless someone told her otherwise. That is when he realized that they have fallen into a trap. As he tries to warn the others not to break her mask he is dogpiled by Hollows as he fends them off and is now focusing on not being eaten alive.

Tags: , ,

PLAYER

I have nothing to say.

Hageshi Rekka Avatar

Hageshi Rekka

Post by Hageshi Rekka on Nov 20, 2022 5:37:21 GMT -5

If anything, the beetle Hollow looked cooler. A pity Tensai had to kill it, and get mad at Takano for not even trying to fight. No offense to the man, but even infused with whatever the 12th Division officer's Shikai contained, he would still be rather useless as a fighter if he didn't have the necessary training to back up the additional strength.

While that was happening, Rekka was completely oblivious to the fact that literally nobody understood a single word of what he'd just said, since he was sure he was speaking in Universal Spiritual Common. He did, however, take note that Semiramis was trying to twirl her whip around his arm and even attempted some kind of desperate move to try and entangle him. He wasn't about to let that happen, so whenever she tried to bind him, he would toy with her in return. The Third Seat would make extremely fast motions with his hands and the rest of his body whenever he felt the whip shift, with the result being a bunch of wacky poses, including but not limited to a full-sized cat's cradle, a rope swing, and Rekka literally playing skipping rope with the whip. Also, for some reason, music reminiscent of certain cartoons would be playing in the background, evoking a sense that a certain anthropomorphic rabbit was up to his old tricks. At one point, Rekka even managed to obtain a carrot.

"That's all, folks!" he said, taking a bite of the vegetable and immediately spitting it out. He didn't like them raw. "Oh, right, I'm supposed to be fighting you."

Feeling another tug of the whip as Semiramis ran in to punch him, Rekka jumped up and spun in the air, completely dodging her attack. He'd judged by now that the woman of unknown origin was much weaker than him, so better end this quickly.

"Once I've acquired enough slaves I'll make Soul Society my new kingdom to celebrate my freedom from all of those years of torment!"

Time seemed to slow down as Rekka's foot approached the villainess' face in a roundhouse kick of epic proportions. Then it returned to normal speed as a thunderous shockwave boomed, the result of the young Shinigami's kick literally breaking the sound barrier.

What would happen to Semiramis, and what the heck was Tensai about to say before going down in a pile of Hollows?
Last Edit: Nov 20, 2022 5:37:54 GMT -5 by Hageshi Rekka

Player

I have nothing to say.

Cole Avatar

Cole

Post by Cole on Nov 20, 2022 9:18:18 GMT -5

Cole took knocked dozens of attacks out of the air, but it wasn’t making a huge impact on things. The hollows had stopped trying to get through the barrier, presumably following the Sinner’s mental command, and turned to focus on the stronger pair.

Wait. Cole very briefly focused his senses to the men behind his barrier; the various men of 12th division, and came to a sudden realization. He was the third strongest Shinigami in the room. While the pair was matching the woman, maybe even winning, given how Rekka seemed to be doing; they would be overwhelmed by the hollows if they kept this up.

He let the nails drop to the ground as he focused more energy into the circle; the near-invisible barrier above the salt shimmered, then appeared to thicken, becoming a gossamer veil between them and the scientists. The kidō expert glanced back at the group of weaker Shinigami; they all had Zanpakuto and basic training, in theory, ”Swords out; we’re going to take some pressure off.”

Sweeping a foot back and lowering his center of balance, Cole pulled something from his satchel, holding it cupped in his hands in front of him. There was a distinct unsettling feeling as everyone would feel a very slight pull from their hakusui towards the Shinigami as he began intoning in a strange cadence. His cupped hands filled with a glowing white liquid, and Cole finished is incantation with a snarl, ”Ködern.”

The liquid exploded from his hands, flying out in thick globules and attaching to the masks of practically every hollow in the room. Most, if not all of the hollows, would turn and charge towards the reinforced barrier, hopefully slowed enough that even the weaker Shinigami behind the protective spell could take them out with a solid swing.

PLAYER

Don't kill me please.

Takano Hirai Avatar

Takano Hirai

Post by Takano Hirai on Nov 22, 2022 20:42:37 GMT -5

Takano exhaled a small cloud of smoke as Tensai shouted at him. He stood at this, tossing his cigarette to the side.

“I am a scientist, not a warrior!” Takano shouted. “My contribution is not being in the way!”

That would have been a satisfying remark for Takano. It put forth his desire to avoid most conflict, as he did not enter the Gotei 13 with the intentions of being a warrior. On the contrary, his motives were entirely altruistic in nature. Barbaric scientists such as Daishio and apparently Tensai seemed to not realize it was ok to be a scientist without the frivolous need of bloodshed. Takano returned back to his rock with a slightly smug smirk, preparing to light another cigarette when…

”Swords out; we’re going to take some pressure off.”

In an instant, the young scientists' hope for peace had fallen short. And in an instance, this Cole person had found himself squarely on Takano’s slightly annoying person list. It wasn’t as if Rekka and Tensai couldn’t pull a victory off by themselves. Tensai was a Seated Officer and Rekka had fought literal demons before. Takano even saw the young, deranged boy blow himself up and survive. He’d mutter some annoyances under his breath as he returned the cigarette carton to his inner pocket.

“Kyōmon” Takano sighed out, holding his hands to perform the simple Kido spell. A fairly large but invisible barrier would be erected between Tensai and the oncoming horde of hollows. A dozen or so would slam against the barrier. It remained fairly solid. Kido was one of the few things Takano was proficient in and, while it would not kill them, it would ensure Tensai had ample time to escape. Takano couldn’t help but feel an odd burning sensation on his leg, as if his Zanpakuto was angered at not being used. Likely just a figment of his imagination.

PLAYER

12th Division - 5th Seat

I have nothing to say.

tensai toshiaki Avatar

tensai toshiaki

Post by tensai toshiaki on Nov 24, 2022 22:29:59 GMT -5

Tensai did not like Takano's response one bit. While he can get that mentality as he would rather be doing research and inventing most of the time. It would still be a waste of the great power he now wields. And Takano most likely has the potential to grow as well. Especially since in the business of being a Shinigami being a warrior is a part of it. Whether you like it or not that's what you signed up for to bring balance.

As the Hollows slowed down while going through the barrier after being attracted by Cole's Kido. The other scientists gripped their Zanpakuto and began to slash the Hollows while they are slowed down. The ones who were aren't as physically adept use Hadō Kidō with full incantations to be able to blast the Hollows apart. Takano's barrier allowed Tensai to roll underneath it and out of it to finish off the Hollows. After he was finished he looked to see that Rekka already destroyed the Sinner's mask.

As Semiramis mask fell off, it showed part of her true mangled messed-up scarred mouth.

"You have done it now, but it's not over yet-" but as Semiramis was speaking a Hell Gate appeared behind her as it opened.

As she turned with a scared look on her face to see the door behind her a large sword impaled through her as a large metallic armored being with piercing glowing burning eyes that steps out with two more exiting the gate use their bodies and strength to push the Hell Gate to prevent it from being closed. A sharply dressed individual with a strange helmet with a glowing vertical visor and gauntlet walks out of the Hell Gate. Demonic reiatsu emanating from him. No doubt about it, it was a Demon.

"But, you said if I found Shinigami and attacked them for you that I would be granted my freedom. You said a contract with a demon is unbreakable."
Semiramis said quivering.

"Bahahaha, you honestly thought when I said freedom you meant from Hell itself and not from my own territory? You will always be property and used as how we see fit whether by my hand or someone else's. I absolutely hate ignorance and am tempted to terminate our deal but you've done better than I could have hoped, so I'll let you go from my grasp so you can work for someone else, goodbye." the Demon said.

Semiramis was then thrown by the metallic creature through the Hell Gate as more began to step out of it. Standing next to the Demon who begins surveying the room filled with several Shinigami, a strange pumping mechanism, and an open gateway to Soul Society. The Demon couldn't help but chuckle.

"Not only have I found Shinigami to test my prototype Golems on but I have found an open gate to Soul Society and a mysterious spring that they seemed interested in. Allow me to introduce myself, I am Count Amnon, youngest of the Demons and Master of Metal,"
he said with a bow.

Tensai recognized that name, as one of the Demons that invaded the 12th Division barracks.

"So you're the one that was sent back from whence you came by Captain Daisho. And gave the Vice Captain a hard time," Tensai said.

"My self-made modifications to my body have made me immune to her poison. And while your Captain proved to be a powerful fighter with a respectable adaptable ability I still managed to steal some of your division's precious tech to add to my own laboratory. Your research I have managed to steal on your old Gigais is what helped me to finish my Golems, and they will be your end." Amnon said.

Tensai then got out his Denreishinki to contact Soul Society. With the gate open like this another invasion could happen that Soul Society is not prepared for, but he finds that his device is not working and the other Shinigami will discover communications are tampered with too and all electronic devices they have are rendered useless. As Tensai then looks at Amnon who has a blue electrical aura swirling around him.

"Right if I recall from the report I read of the battle you have electromagnetic powers, you used them to jam all of our communications," Tensai said.

"Don't think I haven't recognized you from your odd hair and how you were one of the Shinigami who gave the Prince and Princess such a hard time, I won't let any of you close the gate or call for reinforcements!" Amnon said.

Tensai figured the Golems being artificial beings, wouldn't be able to be affected by his Shikai's power, but surely if he can pierce the needle through Amnon and reach his body that he could be able to use it on him. As he rushed forward the jab the syringe in him clinked off as Amnon gave him a punch to the gut. It didn't hurt much but then he was swiped at by one of the Golems and sent Tensai flying to the wall. Tensai didn't appear to be hurt too badly but he could tell that this was not going to be easy especially with them being unable to have the spiritual limiters removed from them.

As the Golems began to move in closer to the Shinigami. One was about to swing its large sword at Rekka as the other Golems slowly march to the barrier Cole has up. Dragging their swords along the ground as sparks begin to fly off of them.

Last Edit: Nov 24, 2022 22:46:52 GMT -5 by tensai toshiaki

PLAYER

I have nothing to say.

Hageshi Rekka Avatar

Hageshi Rekka

Post by Hageshi Rekka on Nov 25, 2022 1:09:00 GMT -5

The sound of extreme melee impact rang out through the area as Rekka kicked Semiramis hard in the face. She was sturdier than she let on - the woman hadn't been outright sent flying as the Third Seat had hoped. Instead, her mask seemed to have taken the brunt of the blow and shattered, revealing a heavily scarred mouth.

Rekka landed just in time to see Cole rally Takano and the other scientists to take out the rest of the Hollows. He turned towards Semiramis, pointing his Zanpakuto at her. "You have lost!"

"You have done it now, but it's not over yet-"

Before Rekka could figure out what that meant, a Hell Gate opened up behind Semiramis, a sword emerging from it and impaling her. He saw this happen every once in a while when he purified a Hollow, the occurrence signifying that the soul had committed grave crimes in life and thus was sentenced to Hell. But the woman standing in front of him was clearly not a Hollow, and he hadn't purified her, which could only mean that she originally came from Hell and was being returned there as one of the condemned. Back then, what seemed like a long time ago, the Demons had attacked Soul Society and brought with them an army of these damned souls. The Sinners. Semiramis must be one of them. And, as if to make things worse, huge beings in metal armor walked out of the now-open gate, followed by a smaller armored and helmeted humanoid which then began conversing with the impaled Sinner.

"Not only have I found Shinigami to test my prototype Golems on but I have found an open gate to Soul Society and a mysterious spring that they seemed interested in. Allow me to introduce myself, I am Count Amnon, youngest of the Demons and Master of Metal."

"A Demon...!" Rekka exclaimed. "And this one is a Buckethead as opposed to a Planty!"

Judging from Tensai's conversation with him, Amnon was strong enough to give even a Vice-Captain a challenge, but then again so were the previous two Demons the Third Seat had encountered. Furthermore, the Count had electromagnetic powers which he used to jam the communications. Presumably, he called himself the Master of Metal because he could use his powers to go all Magneto on everyone.

"Looks like he's the Master of Explaining His Evil Plan as well," Rekka remarked when Amnon explained that he stole some blueprints which he used to build his golems. Tensai then tried to rush the Demon, but was punched in the gut as one of said golems swatted him away. So much for that.

Rekka tried to rush to the 12 Division officer's aid, but a golem came at him with its massive blade, forcing him to jump out of the way as it swung and cracked the ground. He then tried to cut it with Enmado, but the golem seemed to be absorbing his heat instead.

"Hey, give it BACK!" he yelled, pulling back on the heat in the machine's body. It seemed to have a great deal of heat within, but its motions soon became more sluggish and eventually ground to a halt as Rekka completely sucked it dry. Seeing that more golems were about to crowd Cole's barrier, Rekka used the absorbed heat to propel himself like a missile, his fist held out in front of him to try and knock the lead golem back.

Last Edit: Nov 25, 2022 1:09:17 GMT -5 by Hageshi Rekka

Player

I have nothing to say.

Cole Avatar

Cole

Post by Cole on Nov 25, 2022 13:59:11 GMT -5

The hollows had been dealt with, but the combat clearly wasn’t over. A new creature emerged from the hell gate, and Cole began preparing. His barrier would be useless against demonic creatures, the spell was designed to block out hollows specifically. On the bright side, the new arrival wanted to have a chat. The narcissistic tendency gave Cole the one thing you really shouldn’t give a magical prodigy.

Time to prepare.

By the time Semiramis was through the gate, Cole had already completed marking the first circle in a vicious black liquid. By the time Amnon had finished expounding on his personal enhancements, the Shinigami had placed several non-metallic objects at various points along the circle. By the time the demon declared they wouldn’t be able to call for reinforcements, Cole was several lines into his quiet invocation, and the light around him seemed to dim as he gathered his energy.

And by the time Rekka had launched himself towards the lead golem, Cole had focused all the energy into a rune engraved dowel topped with a clear crystal. The crystal turned from clear to a solid black that sucked in the the light around it, and the runes along the dowel glowed with a similar dark energy.  The Shinigami pointed at Amnon with one hand, holding the strange object in the other, and completed his incantation in a powerful command, Quaerite, et Conteret 

The creation immediately took off from his hand, the dark projectile zipping in random patterns around both the golems and the Shinigami, seeking an opportunity lodge itself into the slit in Amnon’s visor and detonate it’s magical payload.

Last Edit: Nov 25, 2022 13:59:40 GMT -5 by Cole

PLAYER

Don't kill me please.

Takano Hirai Avatar

Takano Hirai

Post by Takano Hirai on Nov 29, 2022 13:10:18 GMT -5

This situation was beginning to seem oddly familiar. A simple mission in which these odd “Demon” creatures find a way to interfere. It was as if he was being teased by a rather unimaginative being of fate… Takano quickly grabbed another cigarette and popped it in his mouth. Both Tensai and Rekka were busy dealing with the slow marching army of automatons, whilst Cole seemed quite intent with one of his odd spells. That would leave Takano and the other scientists to defend themselves. He sighed and placed his hands together.

“Bakudo #4,” Takano said, using the newly formed ball of yellow, crackling energy to light his cigarette. “Hainawa”

A long rope-like beam of energy erupted forth and wrapped around one of the far Golems. Despite their intimidating appearance, they were slow, lumbering, and made of very conductive metal. Takano tightened his fist as the Golem slowly heated up from the electrical current running through it. After a minute, he would move the rope to a single grip, using his other hand to point at his wrist.

“Hado #4: Byakurai,” Takano chanted, a course of blue energy inter-mingling with Hainawa and forming a bright green burst of electric-like energy. The restrained Golem burst into a cloud of crackling electricity and molten metal. Residual energy arced to the other Golems and, unbeknownst to Takano, partially severed Amnon’s connection to them. Takano took a step back and exhaled a satisfied puff of smoke.

“That went better than-”

Sadly, before he could finish, Fate opted to humble him with a piece of metal slag to the eye. Takano removed his now ruined glasses, tossing them to the side with a sigh. Through his now foggy vision, he could spot Tensai and Rekka shredding the Golems who were out of range as well as Cole’s foreign spell taking its effect. Cole’s magic seemed similar in many ways to Kido but with the very major disadvantage of requiring various oddities and rituals to complete. If not for the time afforded by the two high ranking Shinigami, he likely wouldn’t have managed to pull it off. Hopefully this particularly major setback was made up for in the power of the spell.

PLAYER

12th Division - 5th Seat

I have nothing to say.

tensai toshiaki Avatar

tensai toshiaki

Post by tensai toshiaki on Dec 6, 2022 23:45:35 GMT -5

Amnon chuckled when he witnessed Rekka try to use his fire powers on his golems. Only for said fire to be absorbed into the Golems.

"Fool, my Hell Golems are forged and fueled by the fires of Hell itself, no fire can-" though he was cut off guard to see Rekka remove the heat from the Hell Golem rendering inert.

"So, his Zanpakuto's ability involves manipulating heat rather than producing fire, this could pose a problem in the future. Might need to rectify that with the next model of Golems or if possible take care of this Shinigami here and now." Amnon thought.

He put his hands toward the inactive Golem as electricity shoots from his fingertips and hits the Golem as it begins to rise from the ground like a puppet and continues to move through Amnon's will in an odd manner as if it was a stop motion animation. Heading towards Rekka and Cole's barrier as it begins to swing its sword around. Amnon then turns to Cole as he sees the projectile whizzing toward him. His visor then begins to glow a bright purple as energy begins to form in front of it.

"Ardenti Lux," Amnon said.

As he shoots a purple beam of demonic spiritual energy which resembles that of a Hollow's Cero. Though as the beam misses the guided/homing missile-like projectile. The purple beam begins to bounce off of the Golems before hitting the projectile in the side and clashing with it before it can reach Amnon. The projectile is then pushed off course and collides with a Hell Golem like a grenade creating a large magical explosion as metal shrapnel spreads from the blown-up Golem. As the beam dissipates the metal shrapnel stops in midair and begins swarming around Amnon as if there was a large wind swirling around him. As he then sees Takano use a combo of Kido to take care of some of the Golems as he tries to bring them back up it seems the Kido that has affected them seems to have weakened his electromagnetic hold over them as they are unable to get up on his command.

Seeing Takano and Cole use Kido, the other scientists begin to follow in the two's lead. As some prepare their own barrier spells to be layered over Cole's own barrier. With some firing their own Byakurai in openings in the barriers to hit the incoming Golems. While one begins to heal Takano's eye by draining some of the water they collected from the machine and into the pump and pouring it over his eye. Tensai looks at this and smirks.

"Your Kido work is quite impressive Cole, and so is yours Takano of course. Now that you boosted the morale of the others I will be focusing on the main threat." Tensai said.

Tensai then runs toward Amnon. Pointing his Zanpakuto to himself. In the middle of shouting Bankai he dodges a stream of metallic shrapnel sent towards him like a wind of knives. Before Amnon sends it back toward him as he rolls out of the way.

"As long as there is metal for me to use in this room, I will not allow you to use your Bankai!" Amnon declared.

"There must be some way to make the metal in this area unusable to him. Wait, rust of course. If the metal is oxidized it loses any magnetic force it had. I need to find a way to cause the metal in this room to instantly rust. Chlorine when mixed with water and made into vapor can instantly rust most metals. Since there is an onsen above us and most onsen's use chlorine to clean the water in the springs there might be some upstairs or stored down here in this basement. I just need to find a way to get up there or get someone else to get it," Tensai thought.

PLAYER

I have nothing to say.

Hageshi Rekka Avatar

Hageshi Rekka

Post by Hageshi Rekka on Dec 7, 2022 21:46:21 GMT -5

For a while, things looked rather grim for Rekka. While he technically wielded a heat sword rather that a flaming blade, he still ran the risk of his attacks being ineffective for some reason or another. Heck, even Rao managed to Hellflame Dragon his way through the Demon Army during that battle, so why couldn't Rekka use what was essentially a hot butter knife to cut through some measly golems? Takano wasn't even a fighter, but he still beat one by himself!

Dodging the weird stop-motion golem, Rekka's fist impacted with the lead golem he was aiming at, punching a hole through its chest and causing it to collapse. He then withdrew his arm and sent it flying towards another of the wretched machines.

"GIVE ME YOUR FACE." The Third Seat grabbed his mechanical foe by the head and ripped its face off, revealing circuitry, molten metal, and... a human brain?? "Gross! Count Buckethead, you sick freak!"

Rekka ripped the brain out and stepped on it to put it out of its misery. The golem collapsed as well.

Meanwhile, Amnon was using the shrapnel of defeated golems as levitating blades of doom. Tensai tried to use his Bankai, but the Demon sent the shrapnel at him before he could release. However, if the shards were currently chasing after Tensai, now was Rekka's chance.

"As long as there is metal for me to use in this room, I will not allow you to use your Bankai!"

"And I cast FIIIIIIIIIISTTT!!" Appearing behind Amnon, Rekka infused Reishi into his right fist, with a jet burst of Reishi blasting out of his elbow for added propulsion. Having done so, he hurled the strongest punch he could at the Demon's head.

Player

I have nothing to say.

Cole Avatar

Cole

Post by Cole on Dec 7, 2022 22:53:14 GMT -5

Cole slumped with effort, he had dumped a good portion of reiryoku into that projectile. It was a mostly successful field test, he supposed; the RPG (reiryoku propelled grenade) seemed to work well enough on the golem, but that had just resulted in the main foe using the shrapnel as armor itself. If he lived through this, he could probably refine it; and it was probably worth trying to make another.

Reinforcing the barrier was just buying time that didn’t accomplish anything. Backup wasn’t coming, Tensai was on the run from a swarm of shrapnel, and any defeated golem just added to their adversary’s arsenal of metal. Wait, had someone said he had electromagnetic powers? Specifically electromagnetic?

Fuck it, might as well take a risk. Gold wasn’t magnetic, and he’d only managed to make this particular trick work at a small scale. And it wasn’t particularly useful for combat. Normally. But there wasn’t a whole lot to lose at this point.  He might be able to pull it off.

He pulled a piece of folded paper and a stick of charcoal from his satchel. Cole double checked it, then handed it to a nearby scientist, the one Tensai had yelled at earlier, ”Draw that on the ground, as accurately as you can; at least a foot across. Ignore the script, and leave the inner circles blank. I’m going to try something stupid.”

Cole flash stepped through a gap in the barrier, sticking out his hand to grab a piece of the shrapnel. He let out a grunt of pain as he did, the four inch shard of steel embedding itself in the plan of his left hand. Well, that’s gonna cover the blood component, the Shinigami thought ruefully as he barely dodged a swing from another golem, making his way back to the barrier.

Takano, should he choose to actually listen to Cole, would find the following sketch on the folded paper.

Last Edit: Dec 7, 2022 22:55:34 GMT -5 by Cole

PLAYER

Don't kill me please.

Takano Hirai Avatar

Takano Hirai

Post by Takano Hirai on Dec 13, 2022 12:19:27 GMT -5

Despite the build-up towards Cole’s grand spell, it seemed the wait was for naught given the demon’s continued monologuing. This could have been a call for concern if not for the loud crack followed by the demon’s subsequent silence. Takano could not see the fight very well from here, but even he could tell something very small, angry, and fast just struck him.

Takano sighed, rubbing his aching eye as he heard fast approaching footsteps. Before he could react, he was doused with a face full of water. It seemed the scientist coming to assist him had tripped on one of the powerlines… Thankfully the water had still found its way to his eye regardless. With the added healing, he’d rub the metal slag out and take a deep breath.

Only for Cole to shove a paper into his hands and request that he draw whatever was on it on the ground. Takano squinted at the paper, pulling it close to his face. It seemed to be some kind of circle with stuff inside.

“Uh…” He’d mutter, removing his Zanpakuto to use as a drawing stick. “Alright, first a circle… Then another circle… and uh… a Hexagon? No, wait, that’s a Dodecahedron? Why are you having me draw three dimensional shapes in the mud while people are over there fighting…” Takano once more muttered to himself in frustration. “All this complicated magic stuff didn’t help before. Why would it help now? Just use Kido.” He’d continue.

Once Takano had finished, he’d take a step back and hear a loud crunch. Likely his glasses. He didn’t have the energy to be annoyed by it. The shape was certainly… a shape.

PLAYER

12th Division - 5th Seat

I have nothing to say.

tensai toshiaki Avatar

tensai toshiaki

Post by tensai toshiaki on Jan 2, 2023 2:49:25 GMT -5

Amnon made a critical error. Thinking that the Golems would keep Rekka occupied he didn't expect the Shinigami to come to him. He turned to see the punch coming toward him. He tried to reach for the nearest Golem to come to him or any piece of metal to cushion the blow only to be blown to the far side of the room crashing to the wall and most of his mask broken revealing part of his human face which is now bloody. Tensai Looking at a nearby pipe breaks it open spraying water on himself and causing the waters from the spring to heal the wound on his face.

As his bright green eye is shown.

"To think not only were you able to break open my helmet but wound me, good thing I was able to notice one of your allies seemed to have been healed after they got wet from that strong water you're collecting. I suppose it's time to unlock my Grimoire." Amnon said.

He then got out his Grimoire from within his coat, which seems to be a lot less old in design than most of the other Grimoire's that Demons hold but that could be due to him being born around the Industrial Revolution.

"Deus Ex Machina", he said.

As his Grimoire unlocked and an electric aura started to swirl around as all metallic objects in the room were beginning to be covered in electricity. Lifting several pipes from the walls he has them bend around Rekka like boa constrictors as he uses scrap from the Golems Rekka destroyed in an attempt to seal him and perhaps crush him in a big ball of scrap metal. Before guiding it with his middle and index finger pointing upwards as the scrap ball would be propelled upwards through the ceiling of the basement and through the roof of the onsen. As metal begins surrounding him either made up from the scrap that was chasing Tensai, pipes, tools, nails, screws, bolts, and even some equipment that the Shinigami scientists from the 12th Division brought in that's not being protected by a Kido barrier at the moment. Creating a makeshift suit of armor mimicking the look of his golems.

Tensai took this opportunity to get to Takano. And a Shinigami scientist who looks at Takano messed-up scribbles. Borrows it and tries to draw out what Cole wanted. Tensai then walks to Takano before noticing that without his glasses and the messed up drawing on the floor that he seems to show that his eyesight is not so great. He then uses his Shikai and injects Takano with another dose. This one however will be improving his eyesight so that he can actually be able to see what is happening.

"My Shikai's ability is no miracle cure the effects of things like increased senses usually last about an hour at the most it varies from person to person, you probably still need a new pair of glasses after we're done. I have an idea of how to make all of this metal in the room inert. First, we're going to need chlorine to mix with the water we have and unless you have some on you Takano you will have to go upstairs. Luckily there's a gaping hole in the floor above us to be used as a shortcut but I'll cover for you." Tensai explained.

As bright red light glowed from the corner of his eye he turned to see one of the Golems opening its mouth and charging something. As it releases a Cero which Tensai then crosses his arms and manages to take the Cero blast head leaving some bloody scrapes on his arm but otherwise still fine.

"Still needs work but these Hell Golems not only have the Reiatsu of the Sinners I used as parts to help make them but some of their abilities as well," Amnon said.

A line of Golems kneeled in front of Amnon as they put their arms in motion as if using a bow and arrow before Tensai realized what they were doing. As the Hell Golems Quincy Spirit Weapons form Tensai got in front of the scientist's and Cole's barriers and began making an incantation as fast as he called. As the spirit arrows let loose Tensai finishes his incantation and shouts "Bakudo Number 41: Kyomon!" as a barrier goes between him and the arrows as the 12th Division Shinigami stopped firing Kido from their defenses. As the arrows reflect back to the line of golems damaging some and blowing the heads off of a couple making them go inert. The ones in the line still standing begin to prepare their shots and hold their fire as other Golems with swords in their hands slash at Tensai's barrier trying to break it.

While still holding the barrier he looks at Takano to signal to go ahead without him as he keeps the Golems distracted with his barrier.

Last Edit: Jan 2, 2023 2:50:02 GMT -5 by tensai toshiaki

PLAYER

I have nothing to say.

Hageshi Rekka Avatar

Hageshi Rekka

Post by Hageshi Rekka on Jan 3, 2023 22:59:56 GMT -5

Rekka's punch worked surprisingly well as Amnon was flung into the far side wall, his helmet broken in half and his face bloody. The young Shinigami landed, lightly blowing his steaming fist with satisfaction.

"Heh." Rekka said, wearing a smug grin. "But seriously, how the hell are you physically weaker than your underling? I kick her and she barely budges, I punch you and you go flying. What gives?"

He soon realized he shouldn't have said that, as the Demon figured out how to use the healing water on himself. As such, the Third Seat prepared to charge again, thoroughly infuriated. "ChAmPioN BuCkeTHeAD uSeS FuLL ReSTOre! WELL, FULL RESTORE THIS!"

But before Rekka could take another step, the Count used his Grimoire to trap him in a ball of pipes and golem scrap before hurling him through the ceiling. He barely had a chance to fend off the attack, and so disappeared into the floor above.

For a few minutes, there was no sign of the Ninth Division Third Seat, and the battle continued without him. Occasionally, there would be some shaking and clattering from above, but otherwise nothing.

And then suddenly, an explosion exploded, and Hageshi Rekka descended onto the battlefield once more. To those with sharp enough senses, he was now clad in a fox-shaped flaming aura of scarlet Reiatsu, but still extremely blurry as he was moving at extreme speed.

This was his perfected Shunko.

Rekka could see a line of Golem archers prepared to fire at Cole and the scientists huddled behind the barrier, and another line of Golem swordfighters charging at the Shinigami defenders. He repositioned them so that they were now firing and charging at each other.

By the time he finished aligning them, he stepped back to admire his handiwork. One second had passed.

He saw Amnon, controlling the Golems while clad in makeshift armor. He was tempted to throw a road roller or some knives, but decided against it as those were metallic objects and thus susceptible to being controlled

Rekka decided to throw hands instead.

"MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDA! MUDA!"

The next anyone saw of Rekka, he was slumped behind the barrier in his normal state and releasing a copious amount of steam. He wasn't injured, just exhausted.

"Five seconds... have passed... It's all up to Tensai now. Also... Takano.. that's an alchemy circle. The one used for turning metal to gold... didn't know it could work though..."